Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

On 4/12/2020 at 5:18 AM, CrazyEve said:

Here in the uk they show it on a channel called ITVBe but its always been showing season 7-9 rarely the later seasons.

I myself resorted to using my iphone and having it registering a us itunes account and buying most of the seasons on us itunes store and using my iphone to watch it whilst using my ipad to watch movies/tv shows I had already bought via uk itune store. (Apple has this rule where you can only have "one" registered apple account from one country to play/download things and you could only change the that every 90 days. eg if I want to watch something I bought from uk itunes on my iphone I can, but then if I change it to the us itunes tomorrow, I cant because I'd have to wait 90 days before I can watch or download something (directly) from my iphone. (But I can download the music/movies/tv shows from uk itunes on my computer, I can sync it and transfer it to the iphone to watch that way etc).

I wouldnt even watch the show on amazon, not after some of you guys have said that some scenes have been deleted or changed if watching via amazon.

This is probably dumb, but are you able to watch this video...Best of Season 1  #DCCMakingTheTeam...’ on YouTube? I know they have one for Season 2 as well. If so, you can get a glimpse of the first two seasons. I personally love seasons 1-5. They are my favorites. These former DCC’S may not be as technically inclined (dance wise) as the current DCC’S ; however, I still think they were gorgeous and quite talented.

Edited by Pksbena1
Correction
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

I've seen the NFL is talking about playing in empty stadiums with essential staff which I highly doubt would include cheerleaders so there may not even be a squad this year coming

I guess they would still keep the vets for appearances, calendars etc only. But yeah no point in having a full squad if they’re not able to perform.

honestly, without a vaccine and given that it probably won’t just go away on its own, I don’t think it’s wise to move whole teams around, to let people gather in crowded places etc. but i also don’t see the point in having a season without crowds? But i’m not their target audience sooo...

• Love 2

In a way, I'm surprised Kelli isn't throwing more of a fit about not being considered "essential" staff even if most of the cheerleaders aren't.  We've already seen she thinks she's pretty important and "influential" around the DFW area.

• LOL 1
23 hours ago, PepperM said:

image.thumb.png.1fb3629493450bb8436e3881e1f19886.png

I tried to put myself in Judy's shoes, putting strong dancers on the outsides and blenders more in the middle, making sure none of the rookies are next to each other so that they always have a vet to watch. I know it's highly likely Victoria will go closer to the front and that Jalyn will get screwed, but I'm not Kelli so I'm not playing nepotism 😂

Also my show group would be

• Amanda
  • Amber
  • Ashlee
  • Bridget
  • Caroline
  • Cianna
  • Daphne
  • Gina
  • Hannah
  • Jalyn
  • Kelcey
  • Lexie
  • Maddie
  • Rachel A
  • Rachel W
  • Ryan
  • Tess
  • Victoria

Jalyn deserves better in the traingle 😞 i'd put Jalyn over Daphne, amber, lexie, Rachel W, caroline, amanda and obviously Tess all day. Lexie doesnt deserve that spot, she is not that strong tbh and neither Caroline. The diamond should be...

Daphne                   Jalyn                      Amber

Bridget                    Gina

Maddie

• Love 2
17 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Do we know if Texas governor is going to be OK with restarting the economy? I can't see them being able to have TC in any form unless that can happen.  I'm also not holding out much hope for my home state of Ky (I think our Governor is going to dig his heels in about restarting the economy).

I read reports that the Texas governor was planning on making an announcement this week about plans to reopen the state, but as with everything nowadays, that may have changed even in the last few hours.

8 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

Perhaps I’ve had a senior moment but has Meredith announced she was not reauditioning or is she off the list as it was assumed she would be cut?  I just didn’t see her.

No, I'm just wishful thinking and hoping Meredith is smart enough to know that she's likely a one-and-done. My guess is that she'll reaudition but be cut before TCC, like Gabby last year. 

3 hours ago, DCC-fan94 said:

Jalyn deserves better in the traingle 😞 i'd put Jalyn over Daphne, amber, lexie, Rachel W, caroline, amanda and obviously Tess all day. Lexie doesnt deserve that spot, she is not that strong tbh and neither Caroline. The diamond should be...

Daphne                   Jalyn                      Amber

Bridget                    Gina

Maddie

Don't get me wrong, I love Jalyn! I just was trying to put myself in Judy's brain, and to her, group leaders and seconds belong in front. I put Jalyn on the outside because she's a strong, technically talented dancer and is fun to watch!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, PepperM said:

Don't get me wrong, I love Jalyn! I just was trying to put myself in Judy's brain, and to her, group leaders and seconds belong in front. I put Jalyn on the outside because she's a strong, technically talented dancer and is fun to watch!

Kelli got so much "feedback" on how she treated Jalyn last season, that she may have a moment of "clarity" and treat her better to make up for it.  Of course, there will be a storyline of how Jalyn redeemed herself and Kelli has come to understand that she was just upset.  Cause Kelli herself is a "toxic" factor.

• Love 13
On 4/13/2020 at 12:33 PM, Holly85 said:

I wanna see your lists ? 

Maybe it’s all the quarantine wine I’m consuming but every time I read this scrolling down “lists” becomes “t*ts.” And I’m all 😳.

That’s all I have to add.

• LOL 19
On 4/14/2020 at 5:42 PM, Holly85 said:

I haven’t heard that football season is still months away 

It's been discussed quite a bit on espn because the draft is next week.

One thing they are considering is possibly using specific venues for all games and then having all player live in hotels, this is similar to what the nhl and other sports have been talking about world wide so that they can restart or start seasons.

This wont be over by September and the minute you let crowds begin to mass congregate you will get another spike in infections.

I live in New Zealand where we are in our 3rd week of full lockdown. They are talking about possibly easing it a bit from next week but it is likely our borders may stay shut for the rest of the year as they are really worried about a secondary infection spike. We have only had just over 1000 cases cause we locked down when we only had around 10.

• Love 7
On 4/14/2020 at 7:26 AM, Pksbena1 said:

This is probably dumb, but are you able to watch this video...Best of Season 1  #DCCMakingTheTeam...’ on YouTube? I know they have one for Season 2 as well. If so, you can get a glimpse of the first two seasons. I personally love seasons 1-5. They are my favorites. These former DCC’S may not be as technically inclined (dance wise) as the current DCC’S ; however, I still think they were gorgeous and quite talented.

Yea I can watch that. I wish there was season 1 and 2 on itunes to watch. 

On 4/15/2020 at 7:51 PM, Jesiklyn said:

I live in New Zealand where we are in our 3rd week of full lockdown. They are talking about possibly easing it a bit from next week but it is likely our borders may stay shut for the rest of the year as they are really worried about a secondary infection spike. We have only had just over 1000 cases cause we locked down when we only had around 10.

Same here in the UK in terms of its in week 3 we are almost at the end of week 4. But we started the lockdown really late, and the death numbers here, apparently does not include the deaths from care homes and local communities (according to the news) I think uk government is hiding those numbers to hide the real number of deaths. I dont think country should be relaxing the lockdown until it has completely died down. Just because the number of reported cases has slowed and not increased does not mean it has completely died down yet. If anything I am still hearing that some people in china is getting coronavirus again because the returning citizens from other cities/countries are returning home ... big mistake in my eyes I rather a lockdown until it has completely died down before being allowed out again. Better safe than sorry. But hey ho thats never going to happen.

The uk government is talking about letting all businesses reopen in the first or second week of May. Eurgh I hope it has competely died down by then but I am not expecting it to.

Edited by CrazyEve
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, CrazyEve said:

Same here in the UK in terms of its in week 3 we are almost at the end of week 4. But we started the lockdown really lte, and the death numbers here, apparently does not include the deaths from death homes and local communities (according to the news) I think uk government is hiding those numbers to hide the real number of deaths. I dont think country should be relaxing the lockdown until it has completely died down. Just because the number of reported cases has slowed and not increased does not mean it has completely died down yet. If anything I am still hearing that some people in china is getting coronavirus again because the returning citizens from other cities/countries are returning home ... big mistake in my eyes I rather a lockdown until it has completely died down before being allowed out again. Better safe than sorry. But hey ho thats never going to happen.

The uk government is talking about letting all businesses reopen in the first or second week of May. Eurgh I hope it has competely died down by then but I am not expecting it to.

I totally agree with you. I live in Texas and our governor is taking about reopening businesses to jump start our economy. In Houston, we have the largest number of cases in the state. Starting up business again....Without getting rid of the virus....they are saying we will probably be wearing mask out in public, socially distancing until a vaccine is made. That will be 1-1.5 years from now. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pksbena1 said:

I totally agree with you. I live in Texas and our governor is taking about reopening businesses to jump start our economy. In Houston, we have the largest number of cases in the state. Starting up business again....Without getting rid of the virus....they are saying we will probably be wearing mask out in public, socially distancing until a vaccine is made. That will be 1-1.5 years from now. 

Agreed. It is totally getting out of hand. I feel like it is a total lockdown permanently for a few more weeks. Worse is I have decided to go back to university in sept to get a second degree and I totally feel how everyone is feeling on that everyone is worried about if there is going to be school then (I dont think so, the way that the government talks is ridiculous).

But back on topic. wow they are taking a month between first auditions and finals? Wow I wonder how they are going to assess, I guess it is alot of videos to go thro, instead of being able to assess it 5 at a time in person at audition. Damn I guess this will be hard for us to "correctly guess/count" how many people actually auditioned this year

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, CrazyEve said:

Same here in the UK in terms of its in week 3 we are almost at the end of week 4. But we started the lockdown really lte, and the death numbers here, apparently does not include the deaths from death homes and local communities (according to the news) I think uk government is hiding those numbers to hide the real number of deaths. I dont think country should be relaxing the lockdown until it has completely died down. Just because the number of reported cases has slowed and not increased does not mean it has completely died down yet. If anything I am still hearing that some people in china is getting coronavirus again because the returning citizens from other cities/countries are returning home ... big mistake in my eyes I rather a lockdown until it has completely died down before being allowed out again. Better safe than sorry. But hey ho thats never going to happen.

Just out of curiosity, what is a “death home?”

37 minutes ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

ERM ... Whoops. I better edit that. It was meant to say "care homes" .... man I should not be looking on here when tired ........... LOL

• LOL 11
42 minutes ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

I was wondering the same thing!

3 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

ERM ... Whoops. I better edit that. It was meant to say "care homes" .... man I should not be looking on here when tired ........... LOL

I know none of this is funny, but I'm still LMAO!!!

On Topic: If you want to take Jenn Amburn's prep class but you don't have paypal, you can pay on Venmo.  j/s

Edited by Meleighsa
to be on topic
1 hour ago, CrazyEve said:

Agreed. It is totally getting out of hand. I feel like it is a total lockdown permanently for a few more weeks. Worse is I have decided to go back to university in sept to get a second degree and I totally feel how everyone is feeling on that everyone is worried about if there is going to be school then (I dont think so, the way that the government talks is ridiculous).

But back on topic. wow they are taking a month between first auditions and finals? Wow I wonder how they are going to assess, I guess it is alot of videos to go thro, instead of being able to assess it 5 at a time in person at audition. Damn I guess this will be hard for us to "correctly guess/count" how many people actually auditioned this year

Yes they are an according to one of the podcasts finals could be beginning of June or end of June 

On 4/13/2020 at 11:08 PM, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Do we know if Texas governor is going to be OK with restarting the economy? I can't see them being able to have TC in any form unless that can happen.  I'm also not holding out much hope for my home state of Ky (I think our Governor is going to dig his heels in about restarting the economy).

Gov. Abbott is holding a press conference tomorrow (Friday, 4/17) at 2:30 CST.  We might know a little more then.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Football season isn’t starting until September he addressed sports today !!!! We are basically at the mercy of our governors in each of our states 

Then I can pretty much forget about the 2 concerts I have tickets for this summer/fall (one in Indiana and one in TN)

11 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Then I can pretty much forget about the 2 concerts I have tickets for this summer/fall (one in Indiana and one in TN)

Don’t just forget abt them wait until more comes out from each states governors and such like that !! I know in Texas we Will find out more towmrow !! If you need to talk feel free to dm me 

Edited by Holly85
Added something
  • Love 3

You know what really sucks in all this??  How will this change how we talk about auditions on this forum?  Our insiders posting pics of the girls, figuring out who came back, who the girls are trying out for their very first time, who is trying out for their tenth time...….Are we going to have to wait for the show to start to see any of this stuff?  We are going to have put our snark and juicy comments on hold for months!!!  At least about auditions, that is😜    

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

Hey guys! I am back!  I have been MIA because my husband was diagnosed with cancer and I've been attending to his needs while he recovers.   

Just read through and wanted to add that I hope to see Alexandra re-auditioning again this year.  She made it into TCC last year (alexandra.micaa on instagram).

Are they even planning on having a DCC:  MTT this season due to COVID-19?  It definitely makes the audition process interesting, and I am sad that we probably won't find out who really tried out and who was cut with the virtual audition process, unless those who tried out will share on social media.

I also would have liked to see Lacey Jean try out again.  But I saw this picture on instagram and I can't imagine her wearing something like this and it being ok with the organization.  This could really put her audition in jeopardy, IMO, if she were trying out again.  

image0 (2).jpeg

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Hey guys! I am back!  I have been MIA because my husband was diagnosed with cancer and I've been attending to his needs while he recovers.   

Just read through and wanted to add that I hope to see Alexandra re-auditioning again this year.  She made it into TCC last year (alexandra.micaa on instagram).

Are they even planning on having a DCC:  MTT this season due to COVID-19?  It definitely makes the audition process interesting, and I am sad that we probably won't find out who really tried out and who was cut with the virtual audition process, unless those who tried out will share on social media.

I also would have liked to see Lacey Jean try out again.  But I saw this picture on instagram and I can't imagine her wearing something like this and it being ok with the organization.  This could really put her audition in jeopardy, IMO, if she were trying out again.  

image0 (2).jpeg

Welcome back and I’m so sorry to hear abt your husband 

• Love 4
On 4/10/2020 at 10:57 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Nicole Hamilton flunked it😳

Was Nicole one of the vets who ended up on the front row one year and Kelli was NOT happy about that?  I didn't remember who the vets were, I just remember some didn't do very well on the test.  That was when the ladies were seated based on their test scores. 

7 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

image0 (2).jpeg

Sorry to hear about your husband...here's prayers for a full recovery!

I would love to see Lacey Jean try out again...but I don't know if she will or not.  I've not seen anything on her IG that indicates she was thinking about it.  I think she would be awesome as a DCC 🙂  Alexandra....I don't know...I have mixed feelings about her.  She seems really sweet, LOVES DCC, she has the look...and she is a good dancer but just not very powerful.  I would hate to see her audition again, and then not even make it past prelims/finals. 

• Love 7

I think we'll be very dependent on our social media sleuths this season!  But we might actually get to see more content than we usually do since EVERYTHING is video based.

As for Lacey's costume, I totally snickered.  But I also love that movie, and willing to bet Kelli et al. do too.  I think it's garbage that she got panned for her muscular build when the blouse covers the arms and I didn't see anyone out there complaining about Lauren's killer abs or Stephanie's bolder face structure.  Sigh.  Unless she had some weird lower body situation we didn't see, I just plain don't get it.  (I'm still mad about the one gal with killer kicks that needed a makeover too.)

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I think we'll be very dependent on our social media sleuths this season!  But we might actually get to see more content than we usually do since EVERYTHING is video based.

As for Lacey's costume, I totally snickered.  But I also love that movie, and willing to bet Kelli et al. do too.  I think it's garbage that she got panned for her muscular build when the blouse covers the arms and I didn't see anyone out there complaining about Lauren's killer abs or Stephanie's bolder face structure.  Sigh.  Unless she had some weird lower body situation we didn't see, I just plain don't get it.  (I'm still mad about the one gal with killer kicks that needed a makeover too.)

Are you referring to dark haired Kaitlyn by any chance?  She had almost black hair and they said she was too harsh looking...I'm still salty over her not making TC.  She was awesome and had kicks to her forehead!!

• Love 20
4 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Was Nicole one of the vets who ended up on the front row one year and Kelli was NOT happy about that?  I didn't remember who the vets were, I just remember some didn't do very well on the test.  That was when the ladies were seated based on their test scores. 

Nicole flunked the test in Season 3.  Season 4 was when they were seated by how they did and she was in the back row cause she did so well.  Justine, however, was in the second row.  Melissa K and Michelle were low as well.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

Are you referring to dark haired Kaitlyn by any chance?  She had almost black hair and they said she was too harsh looking...I'm still salty over her not making TC.  She was awesome and had kicks to her forehead!!

YES!  Thank you - I had blanked on her name.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Nicole flunked the test in Season 3.  Season 4 was when they were seated by how they did and she was in the back row cause she did so well.  Justine, however, was in the second row.  Melissa K and Michelle were low as well.

Thank you 🙂 I couldn't remember which season it was that Kelli said they were seated by how they scored on the test.  I know if I flunked it one year....the next year I'd have a perfect score 😛

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mizzhyer said:

I'm still so annoyed they didn't give her a chance! She was beautiful and had so much technique. A haircut and power are things other have had the chance to work on in TC so why couldn't she? Was she sleeping with a footballer or something? 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I'm still so annoyed they didn't give her a chance! She was beautiful and had so much technique. A haircut and power are things other have had the chance to work on in TC so why couldn't she? Was she sleeping with a footballer or something? 

There were reports that Kaitlin didn't get good references from coaches and a few others.  I think she also knew a few people on the team as well.  Don't know if she got good references from them or not, but I suspect not because Kelli seems to give more weight to references from girls currently on the squad then coaches or other people outside the organization.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Sorry to hear about your husband...here's prayers for a full recovery!

I would love to see Lacey Jean try out again...but I don't know if she will or not.  I've not seen anything on her IG that indicates she was thinking about it.  I think she would be awesome as a DCC 🙂  Alexandra....I don't know...I have mixed feelings about her.  She seems really sweet, LOVES DCC, she has the look...and she is a good dancer but just not very powerful.  I would hate to see her audition again, and then not even make it past prelims/finals. 

I'm almost positive that Lacey said on Instagram that the door was closed when she didn't make it to training camp last year.  I liked her a lot, too, I think she would have made a great DCC.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Was she sleeping with a footballer or something? 

Nah, probably stole someone's phone case. Trust is a big virtue of being a DCC. K&J would NEVER let someone with an issue like that infect the team dynami - oh wait.

To stay on topic though, I would not mind seeing Kaitlyn or Lacy Jean try out again. Both seem like good fits. Really like Alexandria, but I feel like watching the most recent season she was ready to let it go.

Edited by Lona
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I haven't seen this posted anywhere and if it has been apologies:  Looks like prelims and semis are video submissions and Finals is "in person" in Dallas TBD.

Based on the last time I saw Ky's Governor (I know he doesn't have anything to do with this) and President Trump speak, I don't see how the country can be at the point to allow in person auditions ANY time soon.

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
I can''t spell
5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

The DCC should have done this with vets teaching parts of combos and such.

They posted a combo from Maddie... but compared to this, Maddie was nothing spectacular.

do we know who is behind this recent change in social media management? They still have some way to go, back it’s the very first time they are actually using social media to highlight the girls.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

They posted a combo from Maddie... but compared to this, Maddie was nothing spectacular.

do we know who is behind this recent change in social media management? They still have some way to go, back it’s the very first time they are actually using social media to highlight the girls.

Would they have done it if there was no quarantine?  They should do this kind of stuff at the beginning of the season.  Introduce the new squad.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I'd love some IGTVs with the squad teaching some of the routines. Bring TC to the people! I've tried to teach myself from gameday footage but it's quite hard! 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I scanned forward just to watch her do the dance.  💤💤💤 She was quite boring to watch IMO.  Maddie may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but at least she always looks like she’s having fun.  This girl looked to be marking half her routine and didn’t want to be there.

• Love 4

I hope this isn't repeated information -

Anyway, Rachel A posted on Instagram about being happy Heather no longer has to have a long distance relationship along with a picture of an empty room. So I guess that is the confirmation needed that Heather is for sure retiring. 

I hate to see her go, but if she feels it's the right time, then good for her. 

I also know that Molly is for sure retiring also. She answered me in a DM on Instagram and said yes she was retiring to go back to school. I really like Molly as well and will miss her.

• Love 14

We’re still missing the 6th person, assuming at least that we have the first 5 right. It’s not a rookie and it doesn’t look like it will be Tess, Maddie, Lexie or Alexis. Maybe Brennan? Gina can’t be the 6th person as at the point we confirmed this number she was still saying she would come back, but any news on whether she got the ok from her doctor? Honestly, I think she should retire. No point in damaging her knee for an organization that kept her out of the triangle in favor of far less qualified girls and who tried to fill her spot with a rookie. Can’t possibly feel like she’s well regarded after this treatment.

• Love 5