Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

On 4/19/2020 at 1:52 AM, dreamcatcher said:

We’re still missing the 6th person, assuming at least that we have the first 5 right. It’s not a rookie and it doesn’t look like it will be Tess, Maddie, Lexie or Alexis. Maybe Brennan? Gina can’t be the 6th person as at the point we confirmed this number she was still saying she would come back, but any news on whether she got the ok from her doctor? Honestly, I think she should retire. No point in damaging her knee for an organization that kept her out of the triangle in favor of far less qualified girls and who tried to fill her spot with a rookie. Can’t possibly feel like she’s well regarded after this treatment.

Amy, Molly & Heather are the only ones 100% confirmed though, right? People keep saying Bridget but I dunno ... and who would No. 5 be?

And I really do feel like they blew it with Gina. Was not my favorite rookie from S12 by a LONG shot, but dang has she improved in my standings. But yeah, for sure don't stay around if you feel your employers aren't taking you seriously. Don't need any of that nonsense.

Edited by Lona
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, Tarode said:

I hope this isn't repeated information -

Anyway, Rachel A posted on Instagram about being happy Heather no longer has to have a long distance relationship along with a picture of an empty room. So I guess that is the confirmation needed that Heather is for sure retiring. 

Or the boyfriend moved to Texas and they got an apartment together?

#wishfulthinking 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, KickPretty said:

I know we already knew this, but figured I’d post 😉 CNN predicts this will last until mid June.  EEKS

BF50C8D1-808D-4C50-80C6-E342E7E59F0C.jpeg

NFL has already stated that football season isn’t starting until September they are doing away with the preseason games 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

We’re still missing the 6th person, assuming at least that we have the first 5 right. It’s not a rookie and it doesn’t look like it will be Tess, Maddie, Lexie or Alexis. Maybe Brennan? Gina can’t be the 6th person as at the point we confirmed this number she was still saying she would come back, but any news on whether she got the ok from her doctor? Honestly, I think she should retire. No point in damaging her knee for an organization that kept her out of the triangle in favor of far less qualified girls and who tried to fill her spot with a rookie. Can’t possibly feel like she’s well regarded after this treatment.

I think it’s either Miranda or Alexis 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, KickPretty said:

I know we already knew this, but figured I’d post 😉 CNN predicts this will last until mid June.  EEKS

BF50C8D1-808D-4C50-80C6-E342E7E59F0C.jpeg

They HAVE to compete and audition!! Kelli needs to keep her status on the only cheerleader asked back without auditioning 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, DCCFan123 said:

They HAVE to compete and audition!! Kelli needs to keep her status on the only cheerleader asked back without auditioning 

When it comes down to it, there is really no difference between the judges sitting in the stands watching the big screen or a judge sitting on their couch watching a computer screen.  I mean, I realize that Kelli likes the "clarity" that the big screen offers.  But too bad - she needs to be looking for dancers. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I think it’s either Miranda or Alexis 

Hi there everyone.  I have been off the forum for a few weeks.  Critical care worker and I have not had time for anything but work lately.  I did hear on the podcast there are only 6 girls retiring.  Can someone please post the names of the 6?  I am really hoping Bridget is returning.  Thanks in advance...

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, J-R said:

Hi there everyone.  I have been off the forum for a few weeks.  Critical care worker and I have not had time for anything but work lately.  I did hear on the podcast there are only 6 girls retiring.  Can someone please post the names of the 6?  I am really hoping Bridget is returning.  Thanks in advance...

We have heard that it’s Amy heather Christina Bridget,molly and not sure of the 6th one 

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

We have heard that it’s Amy heather Christina Bridget,molly and not sure of the 6th one 

Bummed about Bridget and even Molly.  Thank you for the update.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, J-R said:

Thanks for what you do 🙂

• Love 10
48 minutes ago, J-R said:

Bummed about Bridget and even Molly.  Thank you for the update.

Thank you for all you do I’m a cna In a long term care my residents don’t understand why their family hasn’t been to see them so it’s been hard 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Thank you for all you do I’m a cna In a long term care my residents don’t understand why their family hasn’t been to see them so it’s been hard 

Oh I do understand about some of your residents.  My auntie would have accused you of killing me and hiding my body somewhere.  She was a pistol for sure.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Oh I do understand about some of your residents.  My auntie would have accused you of killing me and hiding my body somewhere.  She was a pistol for sure.

They are a mess for sure but I love what I do 

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, DCCland said:

Sorry if this was mentioned already but does anyone know who’s retiring? And who was rookie of the year and veteran of the year??

For sure, Amy, Molly and Heather have retired.  No banquet yet because of the shutdown.

• Love 1
On 4/14/2020 at 6:26 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Kelli got so much "feedback" on how she treated Jalyn last season, that she may have a moment of "clarity" and treat her better to make up for it.  Of course, there will be a storyline of how Jalyn redeemed herself and Kelli has come to understand that she was just upset.  Cause Kelli herself is a "toxic" factor.

If i were a training camp candidate i'd be like the girls of Bad girl club and i'd fight kelli and drag her over those things lol

• LOL 2
On 4/17/2020 at 10:12 PM, dreamcatcher said:

Lacey liked the post about auditions (i’m following her and it came up) so mayybe that means she’s willing to try out again? I think she deserves a chance!

I agree!  I really like Lacey 🙂 I would love to see her try it just one more time...and make it!

• Love 4
On 4/19/2020 at 10:45 PM, Holly85 said:

Sigh. I really hope it's not Bridget. I'm also thinking Miranda, maybe Alexis? I feel like Briana is a possibility for the same reason as Bridget, plus she already has a future career in dance secured with UDA from what I can tell. All the rookies so far have said they're reauditioning, so it's not any of them. 

• Love 2

He’s awesome, but almost a bit too fluid, especially in TS. That said, he’s obvs got the skills to kill it with a couple small adjustments. The chick in the tik tok was freaking awesome too. 

I still love Thunder 💙

• Love 2

Ok my 2 cents on the black hair discussion. It would be great to have some jacie styles bc she is A QUEEN and one of the most gorgeous women in the planet. Yes I’m obsessed lol.

However, These girls are not hired to be individuals expressing their cultures or personalities. I don’t care what kelli says about a bouquet of flowers they’re still all a rose of one sort or the other, with no daisies or cactus or wildflowers thrown in. 

I see the cookie cutter hair for black, White, whatever, as part of a uniform. So doesn’t really mean anything to me if 80 percent of them have some sort of extensions, wig, or weave. 

Also - I personally don’t think Kat will ever be a threat to VK bc the Kalina are so stuck on themselves they’d never see a loud black girl with minimal technique as a threat or competition to VK. Even thought VK is exactly the same as Kat - loud girl with minimal technique just white.

They see the other leggy blondes or white girls with sparkle as her competition. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 4/17/2020 at 6:47 PM, EricaShadows said:

There were reports that Kaitlin didn't get good references from coaches and a few others.  I think she also knew a few people on the team as well.  Don't know if she got good references from them or not, but I suspect not because Kelli seems to give more weight to references from girls currently on the squad then coaches or other people outside the organization.

I was puzzled by the entire Kaitlin situation so your comment helps me make more sense of why she didn't make it. When I was rewatching where she was on the field at finals, Melissa Rycroft was commenting to Access Hollywood Guy or maybe Neil McCoy and says, "Does she do anything for you?" and they didn't look impressed.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I see the cookie cutter hair for black, White, whatever, as part of a uniform.

I understand what you mean here, but the thing that perplexes me is that they encourage some (Maddie, Cianna, Paige, Nicole) to wear their hair natural.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

I was puzzled by the entire Kaitlin situation so your comment helps me make more sense of why she didn't make it. When I was rewatching where she was on the field at finals, Melissa Rycroft was commenting to Access Hollywood Guy or maybe Neil McCoy and says, "Does she do anything for you?" and they didn't look impressed.

I assume bad references as well, especially from DCC insiders.  Cersten and Erika were on the squad that year and were both Golden Girls so surely they would have been asked.  (Keyra made the squad that year, she and Cersten were super close.)  And Denise, the guest choreographer that they have on pretty often, was the coach for the Golden Girls for years.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

I assume bad references as well, especially from DCC insiders.  Cersten and Erika were on the squad that year and were both Golden Girls so surely they would have been asked.  (Keyra made the squad that year, she and Cersten were super close.)  And Denise, the guest choreographer that they have on pretty often, was the coach for the Golden Girls for years.  

She was coach of the tiger girls 

• Love 2

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but are they having tryouts just on the belief/hope that there will be a season with fans in the stand, or do they plan to have a new 2020/2021 team regardless? 

28 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but are they having tryouts just on the belief/hope that there will be a season with fans in the stand, or do they plan to have a new 2020/2021 team regardless? 

Virtual auditions 

5 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Ok my 2 cents on the black hair discussion. It would be great to have some jacie styles bc she is A QUEEN and one of the most gorgeous women in the planet. Yes I’m obsessed lol.

However, These girls are not hired to be individuals expressing their cultures or personalities. I don’t care what kelli says about a bouquet of flowers they’re still all a rose of one sort or the other, with no daisies or cactus or wildflowers thrown in. 

I see the cookie cutter hair for black, White, whatever, as part of a uniform. So doesn’t really mean anything to me if 80 percent of them have some sort of extensions, wig, or weave. 

Also - I personally don’t think Kat will ever be a threat to VK bc the Kalina are so stuck on themselves they’d never see a loud black girl with minimal technique as a threat or competition to VK. Even thought VK is exactly the same as Kat - loud girl with minimal technique just white.

They see the other leggy blondes or white girls with sparkle as her competition. 

If that’s the case, then why do the Nicole’s, Maddie’s, Cici’s, and whoever else has had curly or “different” hair get a pass? Coincidentally all of the ones who have had “different” are not black. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I don’t think they’ve talked about what would happen if there’s no season/no fans allowed in the stadium. Maybe they will keep the cheerleaders anyway just to give viewers the same experience at home in a sense? Of course in that case, I don’t think it would be wise to have a full team

• Love 1
20 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

You hit the nail on the head. They like individuality as long as you look like everyone else. I mean we shouldn't expect more from a woman who thinks diversity = hair colour.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, dccfan321 said:

If that’s the case, then why do the Nicole’s, Maddie’s, Cici’s, and whoever else has had curly or “different” hair get a pass? Coincidentally all of the ones who have had “different” are not black. 

I was gonna say...it's the white kind of natural.  Curly hair gives diversity!  

That said, they don't like all brands of curls.  They certainly hated poor Brandi Kilby's.  I think quite a few women on the board have chimed in that their natural hair doesn't have as good of a hair flip to offer, and that a weave or wig is much easier to maintain.  It might just be the different between fine hair that's curly and a stronger texture hair that's curly.  I would personally like to see some shorter hair styles on the squad from women of all types of skin tones and hair type, hair flips be damned, but doesn't seem to be the going trend.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I don’t think they’ve talked about what would happen if there’s no season/no fans allowed in the stadium. Maybe they will keep the cheerleaders anyway just to give viewers the same experience at home in a sense? Of course in that case, I don’t think it would be wise to have a full team

My perspective on this is the same as the draft last night - regardless of whether or not there is a season, the girls who make the team this year will still get to say that they've been on the team, do appearances, social media, and charity work. They'll still get their pinky rings even if they never get the chance to have their boots on the field in front of thousands of fans and national television. They'll still have that veteran status when it comes to auditioning the year after. I think it's still worth it to have a full team. But maybe that's just me, idk.

• Love 8