Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

Ok I don’t really get it, how is it going to work? All vets are going straight to finals, but that means we’re going to have the same number of new girls normally advancing to finals go straight to TC? And I guess this rookie class was quite lucky as I doubt they’ll cut vets during TC even under these circumstances.

4 hours ago, aimeelou625 said:

Can someone takes the list of returning vets and put the number of years on the team next to their names?  Just think it will be interesting to see, cannot remember which ones are 3 yrs vs 4 yrs even though I follow the show and have watched every season.  Guess my brain is muddled from sheltering at home, thanks COVID!

Here you go

• Useful 1
21 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Ok I don’t really get it, how is it going to work? All vets are going straight to finals, but that means we’re going to have the same number of new girls normally advancing to finals go straight to TC?

For what it's worth that's what it sounds like to me.

My take on it is that the Vets automatically make it to TC. There will be no solo performances like years past and just what they have submitted via videos, will determine the rookie Candidates spot in what they’re calling Finals/TC.  I believe a Vet can still be cut during TC. But it won’t be based on any panel interview or solo performance.  

In my opinion, it’s gonna be very hard for Kelli and Judy to cut a Vet this year.  They’re pretty much shoe-ins unless something really bad happens in training camp. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Ok I don’t really get it, how is it going to work? All vets are going straight to finals, but that means we’re going to have the same number of new girls normally advancing to finals go straight to TC? And I guess this rookie class was quite lucky as I doubt they’ll cut vets during TC even under these circumstances.

I think there is no way to do semi finals in a fair way. Every girl will get to practice and submit the dance with the video that shows them in the best light. They can do as many takes as they need to. Not really a pressure filled situation as in the past. Also, with Covid 19, how can they do training camp? Finals, they could do one at a time minus the kick line, but training camp will be difficult. Thoughts?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Holly85 said:

This seasons 1st and 2nd group leaders 

Maddie / Jalyn Group 1 

Gina / Amber Group 2 

Tess / Ashlee Group 3 

Lexie / Rachel A Group 4  

Is this a wish or do you have info that this will be the set up?

I hope it is, because it would be a nice vindication for Jalyn

#TeamJalyn

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Is this a wish or do you have info that this will be the set up?

I hope it is, because it would be a nice vindication for Jalyn

#TeamJalyn

Wish 

• Love 8

I’m assuming that given that they can’t produce any episodes over the audition process, they will change the TC format. If all goes well and they are able to have a normal TC & season, then they have plenty of candidates to film. I’m sure they have some kind of plan in case they can’t do tc at all, but I don’t like the fact that they want all final candidates to “report to dallas”. That means that they will force a lot of people who would never normally advance to tc to relocate to dallas just to be cut a few weeks later. Unless of course they go with only local candidates but Kelli wants to be able to say that they have girls from all over the country.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I’m assuming that given that they can’t produce any episodes over the audition process, they will change the TC format. If all goes well and they are able to have a normal TC & season, then they have plenty of candidates to film. I’m sure they have some kind of plan in case they can’t do tc at all, but I don’t like the fact that they want all final candidates to “report to dallas”. That means that they will force a lot of people who would never normally advance to tc to relocate to dallas just to be cut a few weeks later. Unless of course they go with only local candidates but Kelli wants to be able to say that they have girls from all over the country.

there is no way they are going to bring ALLLllll the people that would normally go to finals.  They will cut it down by video to a select group.  It will probably significantly larger than normal, but not 25 or whatever they normaly bring for finals (that's done for the TV show anyway.  They know who they like, they don't need to see 50 solos. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Holly85 said:

This girl sent hers in yesterday !! Her name is bailey 

7E902D4E-9C17-4E16-A696-64C30D7FA04B.jpeg

She reminds me of Gretchen Wilson (singer) who sang Redneck Woman.  She could almost be a twin!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

I really had hoped Tess would retire.  Apologies to those who like her but she has always bored me to tears.

I liked Tess, really never noticed her much outside of her rookie year. It shocked me when she made group leader - I thought she retired last year!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Nene said:

I liked Tess, really never noticed her much outside of her rookie year. It shocked me when she made group leader - I thought she retired last year!

Never disliked Tess...she seems like a very sweet and well spoken young woman.  She just blended and never stood out in anyway other than she was one of the tallest on the team. 

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

You’re not wrong. She is boring. I don’t mind her on the team. She’s pretty and doesn’t seem to mess up, and I assume she’s a good leader, but she’s not a strong enough dancer to be featured.

I think the strength of the team is Gina and the rising 3 year girls. I honestly think Gina, Hannah, Bridget, Ashlee, Rachel W, Daphne, Caroline, and Jalyn is the strongest core group of dancers that the team has had since the year that Jenn K was point. They really need to feature them more. Seniority isn’t everything. 

I would add Amber and Alanna to that list

• Love 12
46 minutes ago, Jennv said:

For sure. Both are strong dancers.  Alanna is actually one of my favorites on the team. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

For sure. Both are strong dancers.  Alanna is actually one of my favorites on the team. 

I couldn’t pick Amber out if I had to.  I don’t think Alanna is very photogenic at times, but dances well.  I wish Christina would retire before she gets cut at tryouts this year.  That would be a bad way to go out.  She was weak last year so she better bring it.  She’s 35 years old for crying out loud!  (I don’t know how old she really is, but she was 30 when she made the team. Haha)

• Love 1
On 5/3/2020 at 10:08 PM, TUOwl84 said:

My take on it is that the Vets automatically make it to TC. There will be no solo performances like years past and just what they have submitted via videos, will determine the rookie Candidates spot in what they’re calling Finals/TC.  I believe a Vet can still be cut during TC. But it won’t be based on any panel interview or solo performance.  

Kelli & Judy said there WILL be individual solos required this year but during Training Camp & prob combined with Show Group Auditions.  Also panel interviews & written tests will happen as soon as travel restrictions are lifted & they all report to training camp. So I see a big massive cut down to normal TC numbers right off the bat, then the rest of the training camp should be the same, just shortened.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, NinjaMom11 said:

Kelli & Judy said there WILL be individual solos required this year but during Training Camp & prob combined with Show Group Auditions.  Also panel interviews & written tests will happen as soon as travel restrictions are lifted & they all report to training camp. So I see a big massive cut down to normal TC numbers right off the bat, then the rest of the training camp should be the same, just shortened.  

They could do Zoom interviews 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Jess14 said:

You’re not wrong. She is boring. I don’t mind her on the team. She’s pretty and doesn’t seem to mess up, and I assume she’s a good leader, but she’s not a strong enough dancer to be featured.

I think the strength of the team is Gina and the rising 3 year girls. I honestly think Gina, Hannah, Bridget, Ashlee, Rachel W, Daphne, Caroline, and Jalyn is the strongest core group of dancers that the team has had since the year that Jenn K was point. They really need to feature them more. Seniority isn’t everything. 

They should have a smaller show group, rather than half of the squad. 12-14 women is enough! 

I’d have Amanda, Amber, Ashlee, Bridget, Caroline, Daphne, Erin, Gina, Hannah, Jalyn, Kelcey, Rachel A, Rachel W.

Those going into their 3rd year have made a lot of improvement and are strong across dance styles: sassy jazz, contemporary and hip hop.

I think this year’s rookie class was fairly weak in all honesty, bar a couple of them. 

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Jennv said:

I think Alanna gets overlooked A LOT!  She is a fantastic dancer with a megawatt smile that doesn't look fake 🙂   She's quickly become one of my favorites, not quite Brennan or Briana level favorite yet...but she's right up there 🙂  

• Love 20
11 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

I couldn’t pick Amber out if I had to.

Oh I can.  When I see a DCC and think "I have no idea who that is," it's Amber 😂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3

I found a couple more people confirmed to have auditioned:

Gabriella O'Niel, gabriella.fair:

Jasmin is auditioning again (2018 TCC):

JoleenAmber:

Allison Richardson, alli_richardson

Natalia Silvani, natalia.a.silvani:

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
40 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

JoleenAmber:

That green set on Jasmin looks amazing! I always wondered why they never gave her more than a couple of weeks that year. Was she slow at picking up choreography or was it a style issue?

• Love 8
(edited)

The Governor of Tx just announced that non essential offices could reopen on may 18th but with only 5 people or 25% of their staff ( whichever is greater) in the office at a time

Gyms can open at 25% capacity, maintaining 6 feet distance between people, and locker rooms must stay closed. Classes held outside dont have a capacity limit but you have to stay 6 feet apart

Assuming he does not further loosen restrictions on june 1st, then if training camp is run like a gym under these rules, they could have it outside as long as they all stay 6 feet apart

Edited by Jennv
Punctuation
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Jennv said:

The Governor of Tx just announced that non essential offices could reopen on may 18th but with only 5 people or 25% of their staff ( whichever is greater) in the office at a time

Gyms can open at 25% capacity, maintaining 6 feet distance between people, and locker rooms must stay closed. Classes held outside dont have a capacity limit but you have to stay 6 feet apart

Assuming he does not further loosen restrictions on june 1st, then if training camp is run like a gym under these rules" they could have it outside as long as they all stay 6 feet apart

I would love to see a kickline being practiced 6 feet apart between the ladies.  🤣 it is going to be interesting to say the least 

• LOL 8
1 minute ago, Cruisegirl said:

I would love to see a kickline being practiced 6 feet apart between the ladies.  🤣 it is going to be interesting to say the least 

Right? Lol, i cant wait to see how they work this

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, Cruisegirl said:

No linking up arms, so maybe something like spreading them out/have two staggered lines and have them do the kicking and jump splits individually (not touching each other) - like how they have sometimes had vets demonstrate it in TC?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

JoleenAmber:

Jasmin looks beautiful in green and her wedding day was also beauuuutiful.

No offense but the first girl looks kind of...old in the face? Something about her face just gives me...grandma Shirley.

The last girl has amazing power but she's on the "thicker" side *eyeroll* she looks really really good though.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

JoleenAmber:

Jasmin looks great and love the colour on her. Why did she get booted again?

The first girl - great colour but the outfit is weirdly cut. The top is way too high and the bottoms look like odd bike shorts, esp when compared to the other girls pictures.

The girls in pink has a great colour combination but again the top looks a little odd and she also looks super young.

Love the black outfit and good tone.

I worry for the girls who submit in standard gym clothes as while I think the tv show brought more diamanties and sparkles to the outfits, standard gym clothes just dont pop so your dancing would need to be extra amazing

4 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I always wondered why they never gave her more than a couple of weeks that year. Was she slow at picking up choreography or was it a style issue?

32 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

Why did she get booted again?

Jay did a podcast last year.  He was talking about the ep in Season 13 where he got upset during a fitness segment.  A TCC wasn't taking it seriously and he got mad.  He told K&J about it, and he said she was cut that night.  If you watch that ep, Jasmine is the one who is cut.  So, maybe that's why?  

• Useful 2
On 5/4/2020 at 12:36 AM, Holly85 said:

This seasons 1st and 2nd group leaders 

maddie / jayln group 1 

gina / amber group 2 

tess / Ashlee Group 3 

Lexie / Rachel a group 4  

Holly I love your wishlist! I personally don’t see Rachel A as a standout, but I felt the same way about Alexis and she was a 2nd 🤷🏻‍♀️ I would love to see Rachel W or Daphne get 2nd leader status, but there’s only so many spots 😫

I also came here to post all the girls who’ve posted in the auditions tag but y’all beat me to it! I love that they’re sharing these with us!

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

JoleenAmber:

6 hours ago, Meleighsa said:

Great intel, @Kitkatkitty!

That Joleen Amber chick looks like her head was photoshopped into her body. Maybe just an odd angle.

(edited)

Vets going straight to TC is a boon for Lily and Meredith this audition season, I think, but that does put them somewhat at greater risk for getting cut during camp. I'd hate to see either cut, even though I don't think they're the strongest performers on the team.

I hope Madeline S comes back this year and makes the team! I agreed last year that she wasn't quite ready. She had lots of moments where you can see past her technique to her performance spark, but she was shaky with choreography sometimes, and I think the main thing is she needed time to train more in the DCCs styles and push past the fluidity and her comfort zone of her traditional training in jazz, contemporary, vaudeville, etc. She's beautiful, smart, well-spoken, and has such a great attitude. I think if she comes back stronger, she'd make an excellent DCC as performer and ambassador.

I love Amber! She grabbed by eye her rookie year, along with Caroline, and both mostly flew under the radar that year. Amber is such a killer dancer, and I love watching them both. I would love an Amber, Caroline, Ashlee triangle (assuming Bridget retires--that's my girl, and I'd want to see her in the triangle, if not at point, over pretty much everyone)!

Yes to whoever said bring back the fan vote this year! Or give us something we can participate in and get peeks at to get a sense for the new process and candidates.

As for why consider a cheerleading squad if there are no fans, I can think of a few reasons: They are a big part of game day entertainment--typically a bigger part at the games than on TV, but without fans to film in the stands, there's even fewer options for engaging TV during all the down time of American football games. Also, with far fewer appearances and performances outside of the games, and possibly no or fewer games, the Cowboys will be paying each cheerleader a lot less money, so it shouldn't be a crazy financial burden to them that it could be to other teams. Lastly, I think we need all the cheerleaders--literal and otherwise--we can get during this pandemic to help us all get through this. Their function is in the name. It is part of their job to cheer people and offer encouragement on and off the field, and I can't think of a time I've every thought lifting people's spirits, bringing smiles to faces, and cheering people on has been more necessary. I realize fully that, in a pandemic, much of this seems frivolous, but I think that cheering others is always noble and it just seems so vital now. 

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 6

Honestly, they will be doing the exact same choreos again. They might be taught 2-3 new choreos (if they are allowed to bring in guests) which really isn’t much and it’s usually the same moves in different combinations. If a vet struggles that much in TC with the same recycled combos, they deserve to be cut.

• Love 9
(edited)
16 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

JoleenAmber:

YAY!!! I'm so happy Jasmin has tried out again 🙂 I absolutely adore her! She was a TC candidate in 2018 but didn't make it back to TC for 2019 which really bummed me out.  My fingers are crossed because she and I have actually started chatting on a regular basis over the past couple of years.  We share a love for the same college team (Go VOLS!!) She saw my Vols picture that used to be my profile pic on IG and we struck up a conversation.  She is a lovely person!

The blonde girl....Gabriella...eh...just another bleach blonde who is too orange.  They already have Lexie and Taylor P.  so they do they really need another? Joleen Amber...definitely needs a glow up.  She has good flexibility but can't tell about her dancing. Natalia Silvani...I like her attitude while dancing...she had a nice fan kick but the rest of her dancing was soft and I'm sure they are going to say that she is too thick for the uniform.  She's cute as can be though 🙂    Alli Richardson, has a sentimental vote from me because she is a NICU nurse.  She's also a gymnast which means she's a little thicker through the thighs than they would probably like. Hopefully she's a knockout dancer! 🙂 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, M1977G said:

As for why consider a cheerleading squad if there are no fans

I saw a story on the news about Korean baseball starting, there are no fans, they have cardboard people in the stands, but there actually were cheerleaders performing. So maybe it's not out of the realm of possibilities for the NFL cheerleaders to perform as well.  

• Useful 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I saw a story on the news about Korean baseball starting, there are no fans, they have cardboard people in the stands....

That is hilarious and a great way to end foul ball fights, peanut shell mess and spilled beer. Maybe VK can rent out her giant cardboard heads so that when she re-auditions she can label herself not only a golden legacy child, but a savvy entrepreneur as well!

VK Big Head Cropped.jpeg

• LOL 11
  • Love 1