Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I hope CMT makes up its mind if it's going to have MTT this year soon so I can drop that part of my cable package if not.  I barely have the tv on for "news" and only have the cable package that includes CMT so I can catch it in reruns online (on a "normal" Friday, I'm supposed to be at our local hospital volunteering, but even THAT might be still on hold this fall due to #Covid19).

Someone asked on IG, and Shelly Roper McCaslin said there was going to be a 15th season, but I can't find the post.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 4/7/2020 at 6:16 PM, Kimrs said:

I am working from home, so I have the DCC channel on Pluto on in the background.  I am trying to imagine how they would cut a vet at finals and not invite them back into training camp using digital tryouts.  Can they even have Prelims, Semis and Finals?  So many questions.

Judy addressed this on the podcast.  She said if they make it to semis they will send out a video of choreo and the kick lines.  The girls will video themselves doing the choreo.  She said this gives them an amazing edge because they can shoot themselves as many times as they want until they get it perfect.  Then finals will be the same.  They will send in video of their solos.  She said the judges will still have their same system they will just meet via zoom and judge the videos.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
54 minutes ago, erikaelvis said:

Judy addressed this on the podcast.  She said if they make it to semis they will send out a video of choreo and the kick lines.  The girls will video themselves doing the choreo.  She said this gives them an amazing edge because they can shoot themselves as many times as they want until they get it perfect.  Then finals will be the same.  They will send in video of their solos.  She said the judges will still have their same system they will just meet via zoom and judge the videos.

Thank you.  This is interesting, I was wondering how they would address the lack of “in the moment” pressure.  I would imagine that there would be an even higher expectation of excellence.

• Love 1

I don’t see how they can objectively judge pre recorded videos. Assuming that the girls chosen for semis and finals are actually good, all of them will be submitting videos that are as perfect as possible -no in the moment mistakes or anything. I’m guessing they will select girls who have been in prep classes or know one of the alumnae etc.

• Love 10

I think this will make it super hard for Kelli and Judy but GREAT for those auditioning because then they are not "heavily" relying on their memory and yes all dancers should and would have a good memory on picking up and I aim that at people who prob would not have made it to training camp if it was during auditions ..... naming no names <coughs> MALENA (is she auditioning again?)

Has Kelli or Judy confirmed how they are going to do training camp? I bet it would be via zoom.

Have they addressed the calendar shoot?

• Love 2
12 hours ago, ByTor said:

Doesn't TC begin in early June?  We're talking almost 2 months from now, for all we know things could be more back to normal by then.

Here (Europe) we were told not to make any vacation plans for summer 😔

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

Here (Europe) we were told not to make any vacation plans for summer 😔

In the UK, we're on a lockdown of sorts until the end of next week but I imagine it will get extended. I've gone from working four days a week to now one (getting paid for 4 though!) as we've shortened our hours in the Post Office! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

In the UK, we're on a lockdown of sorts until the end of next week but I imagine it will get extended. I've gone from working four days a week to now one (getting paid for 4 though!) as we've shortened our hours in the Post Office! 

Here in Australia more likely to be 6 months or more

• Love 3
17 hours ago, CrazyEve said:

I think this will make it super hard for Kelli and Judy but GREAT for those auditioning because then they are not "heavily" relying on their memory and yes all dancers should and would have a good memory on picking up and I aim that at people who prob would not have made it to training camp if it was during auditions ..... naming no names <coughs> MALENA (is she auditioning again?)

Has Kelli or Judy confirmed how they are going to do training camp? I bet it would be via zoom.

Have they addressed the calendar shoot?

The haven't addressed the calendar shoot on the podcast.  They did say that there is the hope that they will still have traditional training camp.

I think they should just toss in the towel....go with the vets they have.  See if any of the retiring vets might reconsider or ask some of the All Stars if they'd like to rejoin for a season. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

The thing is, Im based in the UK and to be pretty honest I think it will be past next week. I mean why the hell would they cancel all exams eg GCSE/A Levels? Which dont take place till June/July. I would say there is a few more weeks of lockdown here in the UK I would say. Even if there was a lockdown the government would not have cancelled the exams and teachers could have taught online eg via conference calls etc and have all coursework submitted via email/online portal. Then when it comes to exam time in June/July and the lockdown was over the kids could just go in to sit the exams in the exam condition. Yes it would have been weird to gone back in after having a few months away from school.

I doubt it will be fine by next week.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

The thing is, Im based in the UK and to be pretty honest I think it will be past next week. I mean why the hell would they cancel all exams eg GCSE/A Levels? Which dont take place till June/July. I would say there is a few more weeks of lockdown here in the UK I would say. Even if there was a lockdown the government would not have cancelled the exams and teachers could have taught online eg via conference calls etc and have all coursework submitted via email/online portal. Then when it comes to exam time in June/July and the lockdown was over the kids could just go in to sit the exams in the exam condition. Yes it would have been weird to gone back in after having a few months away from school.

I doubt it will be fine by next week.

Exactly, a lot of workplaces have said a 3 month lockdown so we're talking mid-June at the earliest! I'm glad I have a blog and a few hobbies to get on with so I'm quite thankful of some time off.

If people stay at home and do as they're told, we'll get through it quicker. If they continue to go out and host parties, we'll be here until Christmas!

• Love 8
9 hours ago, KickPretty said:

LOL I’d love for Kathryn Dunn to audition again 😂😂 It would make fun TV

D1598E05-D619-4A8D-BA9B-0F1E49B058E6.jpeg

This just makes me chuckle.  Kat and Sydney seem like they have a really solid friendship and have a lot of fun together, but they just have two very different personalities.  Sydney strikes me as someone who is super goal oriented, organized, and will work her butt off to make sure she achieves what she wants.  So she studied her tail off for her exam, she's started a successful business, etc.  She doesn't seem like someone who half-asses anything.  Plus, she maintains relationships with people she meets along the way, and is savvy enough to make networking work for her.  She's not going to be perfect, of course, but she's ticked off a lot of boxes for her relatively young age.  

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 7
53 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Exactly, a lot of workplaces have said a 3 month lockdown so we're talking mid-June at the earliest! I'm glad I have a blog and a few hobbies to get on with so I'm quite thankful of some time off.

If people stay at home and do as they're told, we'll get through it quicker. If they continue to go out and host parties, we'll be here until Christmas!

Stay safe! And... same here (Netherlands) most people are inside and working from home while a handful still parties. Idiots. It will take a long while to pass but if that saves many lives it would be fully worth it! I'm starting a new job in three weeks, until then I'm at home blogging and reading. And catching up on DCC reruns. 

I'm curious to see how they will approach this if it goes over intro training camp. But if training camp is an issue then so is what they cheer for... the NFL itself 🤷‍♀️

• Love 3
11 hours ago, KickPretty said:

LOL I’d love for Kathryn Dunn to audition again 😂😂 It would make fun TV

D1598E05-D619-4A8D-BA9B-0F1E49B058E6.jpeg

Too funny!! I don't follow her, so please please keep us posted if this goes down for real, lmao!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

How do you judge personality, and good group, interaction with video? What happens if you decide on a phenomenal dancer who turns out to be just an all-around, awful person? 

I’m sure there will interviews / group chats through Zoom/ Skype to see personality and they’re all probably vetted through background checks w/ old employers, dance teachers etc. but even if someone sneaks thru they’ll still be able to cut somebody when they do finally start training together and see someone is snotty or just not a good fit.  Buh bye 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, kalibean said:

This just makes me chuckle.  Kat and Sydney seem like they have a really solid friendship and have a lot of fun together, but they just have two very different personalities.  Sydney strikes me as someone who is super goal oriented, organized, and will work her butt off to make sure she achieves what she wants.  So she studied her tail off for her exam, she's started a successful business, etc.  She doesn't seem like someone who half-asses anything.  Plus, she maintains relationships with people she meets along the way, and is savvy enough to make networking work for her.  She's not going to be perfect, of course, but she's ticked off a lot of boxes for her relatively young age.  

I’m not following her enough to know if there’s more to her than the superficial things we’ve seen so far BUT: i’m surprised KD admitted to getting a 62. From the question that were semi visible, it looks extremely easy for someone who is familiar with the DC, so getting all the answers correct doesn’t sound that impressive. I mean, the very first question is who is the GM, I doubt a 6th year vet (or any vet) would get a bad score.

25 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I’m not following her enough to know if there’s more to her than the superficial things we’ve seen so far BUT: i’m surprised KD admitted to getting a 62. From the question that were semi visible, it looks extremely easy for someone who is familiar with the DC, so getting all the answers correct doesn’t sound that impressive. I mean, the very first question is who is the GM, I doubt a 6th year vet (or any vet) would get a bad score.

Nicole Hamilton flunked it😳

• LOL 3
18 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I stopped believing the government on how long the lockdown should be when they decided to cancel exams, even tho I'm 33 the cancellations of exams here in UK is the minute I believed that the lockdown will probably be until June/July. Mind you I really wish people in my area would stop panick buying some of the elderly people on my street are going without and I am glad my bosses and managers at work (I work in the kitchen in a hospital) agreed to allow me to buy some essentials from their suppliers when they get a delivery (I pay when it gets delivered etc ofc) and allow me to mass make a few things at work like pasta/bread/cake for them.

Back on topic I really wonder how long lockdown will last in US esp if preseason is around August I'd love to know how training camp will be done via conference calls etc eg on Judy and Kelli's assessments to be harder

Edited by CrazyEve
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Nicole Hamilton flunked it😳

I just don’t get how that’s possible... I remember that one year several vets scored really low so maaaaybe some times the test is actually tricky. I don’t see how anyone already working for them wouldn’t be able to answer these questions.

• Love 3
On 4/10/2020 at 11:27 AM, Tulip86 said:

Stay safe! And... same here (Netherlands) most people are inside and working from home while a handful still parties. Idiots. It will take a long while to pass but if that saves many lives it would be fully worth it! I'm starting a new job in three weeks, until then I'm at home blogging and reading. And catching up on DCC reruns. 

I'm curious to see how they will approach this if it goes over intro training camp. But if training camp is an issue then so is what they cheer for... the NFL itself 🤷‍♀️

I’m always glad to hear that people (outside of the US) are able to watch the show. Are you able to watch all seasons?

I live in Houston. We have the largest amount of corona virus cases in Texas. We are expected to ‘peak’ around the end of April/beginning of May. I’m thinking we will be quarantined for 4-6 weeks after that. However, TPTB (Houston) have hinted that the virus may rear its ugly head (again)in the fall....and, we may end up in quarantine once again. They are also talking of giving every person in America an antibody test to see if we have had the virus or if we have an immunity to the virus. This test will determine who will be able to go back to work. Don’t know when this test will be given. 

Trump is hoping we will have a NFL football season this fall....but, right now, it’s really up in the air! 

1 hour ago, Pksbena1 said:

I’m always glad to hear that people (outside of the US) are able to watch the show. Are you able to watch all seasons?

I live in Houston. We have the largest amount of corona virus cases in Texas. We are expected to ‘peak’ around the end of April/beginning of May. I’m thinking we will be quarantined for 4-6 weeks after that. However, TPTB (Houston) have hinted that the virus may rear its ugly head (again)in the fall....and, we may end up in quarantine once again. They are also talking of giving every person in America an antibody test to see if we have had the virus or if we have an immunity to the virus. This test will determine who will be able to go back to work. Don’t know when this test will be given. 

Trump is hoping we will have a NFL football season this fall....but, right now, it’s really up in the air! 

All the best to you and those working the front lines in Houston! Our government predicts the same if, and only if, we all stay inside. Usually Dutch spring weather makes people want to stay in anyway but we've had two hot and sunny weeks so a lot of people decided that BBQing with their entire family trumps public health...

I usually rely on online streams for the show as it's not broadcast often. CMT website is blocked here and Amazon Prime doesn't have the show, neither does Pluto TV. I generally binge when in the US 😅

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pksbena1 said:

Yeah, that’s the thing... we don’t know! There’s a chance it will go away, as pandemics aren’t a new thing but we didn’t always have medicine and vaccines. Or it could come back in the fall, it could become resistant to whatever medicines they come up with etc. I’m just thinking that until we have some definite answers, letting teams travel around for the sake of a sport is at the very least, irresponsible. I understand Trump is trying to avoid any impact in the economy, but come on. The whole world is facing the same problem and sports events were among the first to be cancelled. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I just don’t get how that’s possible... I remember that one year several vets scored really low so maaaaybe some times the test is actually tricky. I don’t see how anyone already working for them wouldn’t be able to answer these questions.

I’ve seen Veterans say it changes every year because current world events are a big part of it and always changing, there new NFL rules updates, who Cowboys’ draft picks were, their positions, where they’re from/ retirement announcements, etc.   

• Love 1
2 hours ago, NinjaMom11 said:

I’ve seen Veterans say it changes every year because current world events are a big part of it and always changing, there new NFL rules updates, who Cowboys’ draft picks were, their positions, where they’re from/ retirement announcements, etc.   

Yeah, but who the GM is doesn’t change and it was the first question. And yeah i do expect them to know significant changes made, I don’t think that’s super difficult since they’re supposed to be DC superfans.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Pksbena1 said:

Here in the uk they show it on a channel called ITVBe but its always been showing season 7-9 rarely the later seasons.

I myself resorted to using my iphone and having it registering a us itunes account and buying most of the seasons on us itunes store and using my iphone to watch it whilst using my ipad to watch movies/tv shows I had already bought via uk itune store. (Apple has this rule where you can only have "one" registered apple account from one country to play/download things and you could only change the that every 90 days. eg if I want to watch something I bought from uk itunes on my iphone I can, but then if I change it to the us itunes tomorrow, I cant because I'd have to wait 90 days before I can watch or download something (directly) from my iphone. (But I can download the music/movies/tv shows from uk itunes on my computer, I can sync it and transfer it to the iphone to watch that way etc).

I wouldnt even watch the show on amazon, not after some of you guys have said that some scenes have been deleted or changed if watching via amazon.

So as stir crazy as I’m going being at home and not working (my company is paying me to stay home, bless them), I decided to sit down and play dream team - I listed all the current team, marked out the confirmed and suspected retirees to get down to that 31 number we keep hearing from the podcast, and then redistributed to make new groups and leaders. The hardest part was filling in the last 5 spots, but I filled in my 5 favorites out of the confirmed or likely auditionees. I even made a triangle diagram for everyone’s spots on the field 😂 Clearly I need something to do!

My question for y’all is this: if all 31 vets make it back, who are your top 5 to fill in the rest of the squad?

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, PepperM said:

So as stir crazy as I’m going being at home and not working (my company is paying me to stay home, bless them), I decided to sit down and play dream team - I listed all the current team, marked out the confirmed and suspected retirees to get down to that 31 number we keep hearing from the podcast, and then redistributed to make new groups and leaders. The hardest part was filling in the last 5 spots, but I filled in my 5 favorites out of the confirmed or likely auditionees. I even made a triangle diagram for everyone’s spots on the field 😂 Clearly I need something to do!

My question for y’all is this: if all 31 vets make it back, who are your top 5 to fill in the rest of the squad?

I wanna see your lists ? 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I wanna see your lists ? 

Just now, Meleighsa said:

Yes @PepperM! After all of that hard work, I'd also like to see!

Lol it didn't even take me that long - is that sad? 

So I started with the retirees - I went with Amy, Molly, and Heather since I believe those have been confirmed. I decided I believed the rumors of Miranda and Christina, and then I actually went with Meredith - I think she might be smart enough to know she made it in by the hair on her chinny chin chin this year and will bow out gracefully. I know it's not likely, but I can dream!

Then I made groups out of the remaining 31 vets. I tried to think like Kelli and Judy, giving senior girls the best opportunity at leader and second, with the ones with experience getting priority, and then filling in the rest of the girls mixing in different hair colors and looks. So this is what I came up with

Group 1: 

• Leader: Maddie
  • Second: Caroline
  • Daphne
  • Jalyn
  • Ashlee
  • Amanda
  • Kelcey

Group 2:

• Leader: Tess
  • Second: Alexis
  • Cianna
  • Hannah
  • Alanna
  • Taylor P
  • Chandi
  • Victoria

Group 3:

• Leader: Gina
  • Second: Bridget
  • Rachel A
  • Erin
  • Amber
  • Briana
  • Lisa
  • Kristin

Group 4:

• Leader: Lexie
  • Second: Rachel W
  • Sav
  • Brennan
  • Madeline
  • Taylor J
  • Lily
  • Kat

And then I went through all the most likely auditionees we've found and picked out who I thought were the strongest, leaving out those that I think may not be auditioning, like Katy Shaffer. I ried to think of what Kelli and Judy might say, watched their Instagram videos, and looked at their experience. I decided on Ali Floyd, Megan Erickson, and Ryan Wayne (yes I think she's still auditioning - she was on the Zoom call the other day with Shelly and Lacey!), and then Madeline S and Shaina from last season. I put Ali and Ryan in group 1, Shaina group 2, Megan group 3, and Madeline group 4. I have a few more who I thought would make TCC, like Ally Fawley, Danielle Gerritzen, Dani Del Negro, and Emma Vega, but cuts have to be made!

The triangle is a little bit harder to show you guys but I can try!

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, PepperM said:

The triangle is a little bit harder to show you guys but I can try!

image.thumb.png.1fb3629493450bb8436e3881e1f19886.png

I tried to put myself in Judy's shoes, putting strong dancers on the outsides and blenders more in the middle, making sure none of the rookies are next to each other so that they always have a vet to watch. I know it's highly likely Victoria will go closer to the front and that Jalyn will get screwed, but I'm not Kelli so I'm not playing nepotism 😂

Also my show group would be

• Amanda
  • Amber
  • Ashlee
  • Bridget
  • Caroline
  • Cianna
  • Daphne
  • Gina
  • Hannah
  • Jalyn
  • Kelcey
  • Lexie
  • Maddie
  • Rachel A
  • Rachel W
  • Ryan
  • Tess
  • Victoria
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, PepperM said:

image.thumb.png.1fb3629493450bb8436e3881e1f19886.png

I tried to put myself in Judy's shoes, putting strong dancers on the outsides and blenders more in the middle, making sure none of the rookies are next to each other so that they always have a vet to watch. I know it's highly likely Victoria will go closer to the front and that Jalyn will get screwed, but I'm not Kelli so I'm not playing nepotism 😂

Also my show group would be

• Amanda
  • Amber
  • Ashlee
  • Bridget
  • Caroline
  • Cianna
  • Daphne
  • Gina
  • Hannah
  • Jalyn
  • Kelcey
  • Lexie
  • Maddie
  • Rachel A
  • Rachel W
  • Ryan
  • Tess
  • Victoria

Did Ryan I wonder move back from New York ? 

1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Did Ryan I wonder move back from New York ? 

Not sure, but she was on the Zoom call prep class! Someone (can't remember who) took a picture of their screen and I can't believe I didn't screenshot it - but I froze it to look at all the names on the screen and she was one of them! Sarah Parton too, who I think is "Road to DCC girl" if I remember correctly? 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, PepperM said:

Not sure, but she was on the Zoom call prep class! Someone (can't remember who) took a picture of their screen and I can't believe I didn't screenshot it - but I froze it to look at all the names on the screen and she was one of them! Sarah Parton too, who I think is "Road to DCC girl" if I remember correctly? 

Road to dcc her name is Hannah 

1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Road to dcc her name is Hannah 

Oh, I guess I'm not remembering correctly 😂 but Sarah Parton has auditioned for a few years and people were thinking she wasn't going to, but this indicates that she might - I feel like a Zoom call class with pointers from Lacey and Shelley is VERY different from just going to prep class at the Star. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Oh, I guess I'm not remembering correctly 😂 but Sarah Parton has auditioned for a few years and people were thinking she wasn't going to, but this indicates that she might - I feel like a Zoom call class with pointers from Lacey and Shelley is VERY different from just going to prep class at the Star. 

Here is the zoom call 

590E513A-93EE-48FB-8820-DCE0A8C1FCFA.jpeg

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Omg bless you! My hero

Holly85 is pure CIA, MI6, NSA all in one when DCC is concerned! She is the first to know things. She is my hero too.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

Holly85 is pure CIA, MI6, NSA all in one when DCC is concerned! She is the first to know things. She is my hero too.

Lol thanks you 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I wanna see your lists ? 

4 hours ago, Meleighsa said:

Yes @PepperM! After all of that hard work, I'd also like to see!

I still wanna see your lists! Don’t feel like you have to go into so much detail if you don’t want to, I was just bored 😂

• Love 1
On 4/9/2020 at 10:28 AM, erikaelvis said:

FWIW, back in the late 90's/early 2000's, learning choreography by video, and submitting auditions via VHS was normal in many dance communities.  

I remember learning choreo that way several times, a lot of cruise lines did preliminary auditions via video submissions, and I think you had to submit a tape for certain Rockette auditions.  

I feel like this is very retro!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, DCCFan123 said:

Do we know for a fact that Shaina is reauditioning?

I haven't seen either way but she seemed positive about coming back at the end of last season. I can dream, I loved her!

• Love 4

Do we know if Texas governor is going to be OK with restarting the economy? I can't see them being able to have TC in any form unless that can happen.  I'm also not holding out much hope for my home state of Ky (I think our Governor is going to dig his heels in about restarting the economy).

15 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Do we know if Texas governor is going to be OK with restarting the economy? I can't see them being able to have TC in any form unless that can happen.  I'm also not holding out much hope for my home state of Ky (I think our Governor is going to dig his heels in about restarting the economy).

We aren’t sure if or when he is gonna do it he isn’t opening anything without a plan in place 

• Useful 1

I've seen the NFL is talking about playing in empty stadiums with essential staff which I highly doubt would include cheerleaders so there may not even be a squad this year coming

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

I've seen the NFL is talking about playing in empty stadiums with essential staff which I highly doubt would include cheerleaders so there may not even be a squad this year coming

I haven’t heard that football season is still months away 

• Love 2