Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

22 minutes ago, TorProc said:

Emily told me last week she was trying out. I saw she posted this. She’s gorgeous. 

She is cute. Just saw on Tiktok she is trying out. She looks like she has power. 

https://vm.tiktok.com/c1mLSA/

Looking at her videos she's really sharp and precise, and has a lovely style. It may just be the couple of videos I saw, but to me it looks like she needs to get down in to her plies a little more.

Sorry, double post.

I love that they got Phil to "open" auditions in Instagram, even if he wasn't his normal self as he was reading a script.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

I think that the NBA halted the season right after the new dancers debuted.  Tara is also on that squad.

Well yes, sorry, that’s what I meant. I thought it was odd that she would audition again for DCC after her debut season with her new team got cut short. 

10 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I believe this girl is auditioning based on the prep videos I’ve seen.

She was a Cavs dancer. 

52DE8DBA-9ED8-4741-9FCA-2ED722220CA9.jpeg

Yes! From my research, she seems like she has the look and the ambassador thing down, but that her dancing might be too sharp and not connected enough from step to step. 

• Love 3

Wouldn’t this be the perfect year to bring back the fan vote? Publish the videos they get and let us vote? I think that would be a great way to keep the audience engaged and ready for a season that may start later bc they can’t film girls auditioning online. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, TorProc said:

Emily told me last week she was trying out. I saw she posted this. She’s gorgeous. 

She is cute. Just saw on Tiktok she is trying out. She looks like she has power. 

https://vm.tiktok.com/c1mLSA/

I thought she might make it to TC last year but a year with the Dallas Stars was a good step for her. She could do with a little more punch and to dance a little bigger but she looks like a clean and precise dancer. 

The only issue she might have is the fact that she's a blogger. Kelli doesn't like people to overshare on their social media during auditions/TC so this could be her downfall. I'd love for her to be our eyes and ears inside though!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

I wonder if everyone that’s trying out has an upstanding with the way things are going that there might not be a nfl season this year it would suck to go threw the audition process and then never get to Take the field 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

Ha! And here I am...oh she’s so cute! Tasha and Lexie vibes 😂  I feel like the DCC has to have a Barbie or two. I like a Tessa (TCC) or Mandy blonde bombshells, but I’m good with the whole just taking it one step too far gals too apparently. 

Preach!

'We need more glam in the DCC' is the manifesto I am campaigning for.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

She has a prep choreo in her stories -I can’t say I’m a big fan, I would give it another year. But I also hope they will tone down the blonde during the makeovers, although it’s similar to Lexie’s so Kelli probably likes it... It just looks too fake and barbie-ish for me (on both ladies).

Completely agree. Needs some more refinement but almost there and God Love Her, she’s pretty but I detest that dated, worn out Girls Next Door cheap look. Tone down everything to more of a soft glam. Looks so dated and low rent. 

I never thought Tasha looked cheap though. Fine line between Tasha and Lexie’s looks I guess. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TorProc said:

Oh, I like her!

• Love 5

The online prelim audition looks to be not going so good. All TPTB are desperately promoting for candidates to audition. For the girls who’ve been on the fence in recent years, this is a pretty good year to once again , go for it.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/2/2020 at 9:37 PM, Holly85 said:

Alexis won’t be coming back she is hanging up her Poms 

So:

Confimed 

• Alexis Peterson 3
  • Amy Leonall 5
  • Heather O'Connor 4
  • Molly Neumeister 3

Possibly

• Bridget Jacob 1
  • Christina Riccelli 3
  • Miranda Tims 3

Confimed re-auditioning

1. Alanna Tarango 2
  2. Amanda Dilks 1
  3. Amber Nicole McMillian 2
  4. Ashlee Nobanks 2
  5. Brennan Cook 2
  6. Brianna Luttrell Baisden 2
  7. Caroline Brock Sundvold 2
  8. Chandi Dayle 1
  9. Cianna Levi 2
  10. Daphne Janes 2
  11. Erin Sauerhage 2
  12. Gina Ligi 3
  13. Hannah Anderson 2
  14. Jalyn Stough 2
  15. Kat Puryear 1
  16. Kelcey Wetterburg 1
  17. Kristen Dodd 1
  18. Lexie Smith 3
  19. Lily Johnson 2
  20. Lisa Mills 1
  21. Madeline Massingill 4
  22. Madeline Molloy 2
  23. Meredith Madden 1
  24. Rachel Alexander 3
  25. Rachel Wyatt 2
  26. Savannah Heineken 3
  27. Taylor Jane 2
  28. Taylor Pedersen 1
  29. Tess Guidry 4
  30. Victoria Kalina 1
Edited by Pau84
Edited the list and added years
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

So:

Confimed 

• Alexis Peterson
  • Amy Leonall
  • Heather O'Connor
  • Molly Neumeister

Possibly

• Bridget Jacob
  • Christina Riccelli

Confimed re-auditioning

1. Alanna Tarango
  2. Amanda Dilks
  3. Amber Nicole McMillian
  4. Ashlee Nobanks
  5. Brennan Cook
  6. Brianna Luttrell Baisden
  7. Caroline Brock Sundvold
  8. Chandi Dayle
  9. Cianna Levi
  10. Daphne Janes
  11. Erin Sauerhage
  12. Gina Ligi
  13. Hannah Anderson
  14. Jalyn Stough
  15. Kat Puryear
  16. Kelcey Wetterburg
  17. Kristen Dodd
  18. Lexie Smith
  19. Lily Johnson
  20. Lisa Mills
  21. Madeline Massingill
  22. Madeline Molloy
  23. Meredith Madden
  24. Miranda Tims
  25. Rachel Alexander
  26. Rachel Wyatt
  27. Savannah Heineken
  28. Taylor Jane
  29. Taylor Pedersen
  30. Tess Guidry
  31. Victoria Kalina

According to kelli on the last podcast there is 30 returning now 

2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

According to kelli on the last podcast there is 30 returning now 

Thank you. I edited the list, if we put Miranda in the 'Possibly' column then there are 30 re-auditioning. Do you think it is Miranda or someone else?

1 minute ago, Pau84 said:

Thank you. I edited the list, if we put Miranda in the 'Possibly' column then there are 30 re-auditioning. Do you think it is Miranda or someone else?

Who ever it is probably decide last minute due to what’s going on right now 

Evidently, Madeleine Salter is reauditioning.  I wonder if she will even be allowed to make Finals as there is already one leggy blonde legacy on the squad and that seems to be Kelli's limit.  I still think there was room on the squad for Madeleine, especially since, at the time, Kat and Meredith should never have made it and that there were still questions about Lily right at the end.  I'm still bitter that she didn't make it last year, but most of us know that Victoria couldn't have any competition for the "leggy blonde legacy" on the squad and that Madeleine out-performed her in every way.

• Love 18

A friend of a friend is auditioning. She's really pretty, and has "the look". Seems to be a really good dancer, but she has a giant tattoo on her left thigh. Do you think that will automatically knock her out? I know they've let people cover small one in the past, but it seems like this one would be more difficult, even with tights.

1 minute ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

A friend of a friend is auditioning. She's really pretty, and has "the look". Seems to be a really good dancer, but she has a giant tattoo on her left thigh. Do you think that will automatically knock her out? I know they've let people cover small one in the past, but it seems like this one would be more difficult, even with tights.

She should cover it with makeup before she sends in her video.  That way, they won't be "wondering" if she can cover it up.  At this point, any little thing might knock her out of contention. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, DCCland said:

So sad Alexis is retiring I wanted to see her or Gina be point!! 

Alexis was never strong enough to be point.  Definitely not ugly but she never made SG either.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Alexis was never strong enough to be point.  Definitely not ugly but she never made SG either.

I love Alexis, but I have to agree with this, no prayer for point at all.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I love Alexis, but I have to agree with this, no prayer for point at all.

I would've agreed with you before they put Amy at point. Anything is possible if you stay to your 5th year 

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Holly85 said:

How/where did you all hear Alexis isn't coming back? Just curious. I'm surprised if this is true. I think she's one of the most beautiful girls on the team. 

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Tarode said:

How/where did you all hear Alexis isn't coming back? Just curious. I'm surprised if this is true. I think she's one of the most beautiful girls on the team. 

She answered a dm from someone on a dcc page that I’m on 

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, PepperM said:

Wouldn’t this be the perfect year to bring back the fan vote? Publish the videos they get and let us vote? I think that would be a great way to keep the audience engaged and ready for a season that may start later bc they can’t film girls auditioning online. 

Yes Yes Yes

• Love 4
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Now Bridget on the other hand......

She would be amazing, she dances well but her projection is what makes her stand out

• Love 7
(edited)
14 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Sad to hear that. Like some said she was never going to be point, but she had the look down IMO. Very pretty.

10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Now Bridget on the other hand......

I say to heck with it and put Bridget, Brennan and Gina as point. Forum would explode lol.

Edited by Lona
  • LOL 7
8 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

Yes Yes Yes

Lol I just want to know who pulled the trigger and auditioned, rather than speculating based on prep footage anymore! 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Lol I just want to know who pulled the trigger and auditioned, rather than speculating based on prep footage anymore! 

This girl sent hers in yesterday !! Her name is bailey 

7E902D4E-9C17-4E16-A696-64C30D7FA04B.jpeg

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

Show that you can Cover it or don’t even bother sending an audition. Dermablend, MUF, then tights should do it. 

14 hours ago, JayDKay said:

I would've agreed with you before they put Amy at point. Anything is possible if you stay to your 5th year 

Preach. I still cannot comprehend this whole triangle and alternate triangle 

6 hours ago, Lona said:

Sad to hear that. Like some said she was never going to be point, but she had the look down IMO. Very pretty.

I say to heck with it and put Bridget, Brennan and Gina as point. Forum would explode lol.

Alexis is indeed gorgeous and glam without looking trashy. 

haha thst triangle would be better than the current situation

• Love 5
(edited)
8 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

Have y’all noticed the vets are all saying see you in training camp?

Yep.  Looks like about 30 veterans plan on returning.  Unless a vet gets cut, that means only about 6 spots open for rookies.  So who thinks a vet (or two, three) is getting cut this year?

ETA:  I know you meant the training camp aspect, but I am interested in seeing how this year's auditions go down due to so many veterans returning.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

On the page before this one kelli did an interview with the news and it explains it 

9 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

K, thanks for the update on that, I’ll check it out 😊

The vets will meet up with the rookies there at tc/finals 

8 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Yep.  Looks like about 30 veterans plan on returning.  Unless a vet gets cut, that means only about 6 spots open for rookies.  So who thinks a vet (or two, three) is getting cut this year?

I don't know, they seem to always cut one at finals for either weight, a bad solo, or committing some cutable offence in the interview. With the last 2 off the table, showing up at camp over weight would do it. Beyond that they would have to really screw up, since knowing the dances gives them a big advantage over the rookies in camp. Although I would not be surprised if they find some reason to cut at least one for added drama on the show.

• Love 3

Can someone takes the list of returning vets and put the number of years on the team next to their names?  Just think it will be interesting to see, cannot remember which ones are 3 yrs vs 4 yrs even though I follow the show and have watched every season.  Guess my brain is muddled from sheltering at home, thanks COVID!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, aimeelou625 said:

MAY 2-15: Accepting Online Submissions for Virtual Preliminary Auditions

Application and Upload of:

Headshot
Full length photo
Brief Introduction
One minute dance performance
MAY 18: Notification to Candidates to the Second Round

Choreography sent out – dance and kickline
MAY 25: Deadline to Submit Dance and Kickline Performances

JUNE 1: Announcement of those Advancing to the Final Round

TBD: Candidates Report to Dallas to Begin Final Round

Finals merging with Training Camp period

Additional choreography will be sent in proportion to number of weeks start is delayed

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

MAY 2-15: Accepting Online Submissions for Virtual Preliminary Auditions

Choreography sent out – dance and kickline
MAY 25: Deadline to Submit Dance and Kickline Performances

JUNE 1: Announcement of those Advancing to the Final Round

TBD: Candidates Report to Dallas to Begin Final Round

Kinda wish I could pin this post to help keep up with the dates for everything.

• Love 1