Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: Whit's New Man

• Start Topic

Such bs shenanigans on Tal's condo. When someone buys a new house or gets an apartment, the first thing you say is "Where is it?" At least they could pretend like this wasn't totally scripted. Whitney's social Barnacles are sad Barnacles these days is that one of the the story arcs this year? Everyone sad that she's moving on?

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 4

I've watched a little of it so far, and it's not exactly "gripping."

Later---yes, Buddy will move to Charlotte with her!  I guess he'll be OK with moving to Wilmington too.
Why does she have to have a leg over Buddy?  She has no boundaries.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 7

Someone with medical training help me out here: what does it mean when your rib is "out"? Can you dislocate a rib?

Edit: apparently you can. Are we to assume that's what happened with Whit's gentle hip movements?

Edited by monagatuna
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Whitney never asks anyone about themselves. Not her friends ( who I would assume have lives,too),  not her new boyfriend, not her “ business partner” or her parents (except to make her mother feel like a feeble old woman. It’s all about her. But I would say she has her flirt game on.  I was impressed with how quickly she got that kiss out of him without it looking awkward.

• Love 3

Jeez. I checked in earlier but there were no responses. Where did the guy w/the long hair come from?

I understand Twit wanting her mother to have emergency help, but I'm with Babs about how it looks. She doesn't have dementia, she's not feeble. I can see why she doesn't want some kind of electronic thing for the elderly. I'm a retiree, living alone. If my son showed up with a house arrest bracelet, I'm not sure how I'd take it, even tho, in the back of my mind, I might be happy to have it.  It's an admission that you can no longer completely care for yourself, which is hard to swallow. 

• Love 16

I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention, but I thought Whit was giving Buddy the "you need to move" message several times, so don't see why he thought he could stay forever.
Wasn't that why he was talking of coming to Charlotte?

Can someone explain why there were no large guys at the large guys dance class? It seemed like maybe some of the guys were there for Todd? or just pulled off the street? Why even add that scene in?

I think the writing has gotten a little sloppy this season (I think we all know parts of the show are scripted). 

Whitney father is away on business. He is still working at a CEO type level and traveling. I would think he would have some sort of plan in place after his wife had a stroke and seizures. Didn't her brother move back home for awhile? I also think Glenn would be thrilled if both of his kids moved away and had independent lives and he and his wife had to take care of themselves. Whitney brought over a cheap version of life alert. I can;t imagine Glenn does not have some sort of home security/alert system set up already. 

Whitney was really snippy, more then in the past with her parents about her new rental. She made some loud sighs and what evers after her dad was explaining 3 payments. I would guess that one bedroom was some airbnb type short term rental? I do not understand why she would want the town house? She has a bunch of pets and friends coming over all the time. Where will they all park, and who would not to share a wall with her when her friends are up all night being loud. 

I have not read any spoilers but I would doubt she would ever sell her home. I can see why her dad would not want her to. How much did he spend to make the garage a dance studio? I would think it would be hard to sell the house without a garage, maybe even harder to rent ? 

I dislike how she keeps saying she is broke. She has many streams of income. Then we see her spend a few thousand on her cat (cat surgery, follow ups and meds are not cheap), She lives in a low cost of income state. Her mortgage is what it costs to rent a room in many cities. 

Edited by silverspoons
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I have not read any spoilers but I would doubt she would ever sell her home. I can see why her dad would not want her to. How much did he spend to make the garage a dance studio? I would think it would be hard to sell the house without a garage, maybe even harder to rent ?

Considering how long she's earned it, that she had to have Glen cosign her mortgage, that she took out the garage and had it converted into a "dance studio" and what that all cost, she would almost certainly lose a lot of money selling it.

6 hours ago, aliya said:

Where did the guy w/the long hair come from?

He's her new "boyfriend". Because it's totally real that her "business partner" totally just introduced them right as filming of this season started and is able to capture their entire "relationship" as it unfolds.

7 hours ago, auntjess said:

She's so patronizing toward Babs.

She treats Babs like shit, but Babs has her shit far more together than Whitney does.

On another note, the training with Jessica shows both how not fit Whitney is, and how shitty a trainer Jessica actually is. Having Whitney stand on a box and "jump" at a pull up bar? This is not a great advertisement for her. I get that Whitney can't even do reverse pull ups, but an actual trainer who isn't a total hack like Jessica would put someone like Whitney on a lat pull down machine and build strength. It's not a realistic goal for her to do pull ups or reverse pull ups unless she loses probably 175 pounds, and kipping them like Jessica (fuck I hate CrossFit for this encouragement of shitty form) is only going to ruin a rotator cuff.

• Love 18

So I didn’t watch it but I did see a commercial. In the commercial they show Whit and Chase supposedly on the first date and Chase is already asking about Buddy. What I want to know is in the commercial it looks like Chase is barely able to get the line out without laughing. Is that just how it came across in the commercial or did you get that feeling in the show too. I know a big storyline for this season is that Chase is jealous of Buddy but he’s going to have to act a little better if he wants me to buy it. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

I can relate to the concern over one's senior parents.  It can be very frustrating trying to keep them safe, because, they don't think they need help, despite ER visits and injuries.  I hope the Medical Alert device is used, but, even that goes so far.  They may need total one floor living for safety purposes or a lift chair for the stairs. 

I do wonder about Henchie's quality of life. All those health issues sound serious, but, I haven't had a cat with those things before. How old is that cat?

Chase seems like a really nice guy.  It's hard to believe he's okay with being filmed.  

I do feel a little for Heather.  I think she's really feeling sad and like she's being left behind...which, she really is. 

• Love 4

I’m not sure what Henchi’s health concerns were but this isn’t the first time Henchi has had health issues just in the nick of time for a storyline. I don’t think Whitney is a Muchausen by proxy cat mom but I do wonder if she either puts off doing something for Henchi until it’s time to film or rushes him (her) off to the vet for a storyline when he’s really fine. I’ve never felt like she takes very good care of those animals. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Whitney was really snippy, more then in the past with her parents about her new rental. She made some loud sighs and what evers after her dad was explaining 3 payments. I would guess that one bedroom was some airbnb type short term rental? I do not understand why she would want the town house? She has a bunch of pets and friends coming over all the time. Where will they all park, and who would not to share a wall with her when her friends are up all night being loud. 

I agree the 1 BR apartment has to be a short term rental. She was singing its praises last week to Todd (Tal?)when he visited her (a gated complex, nice pool, etc) and this week it seems she can't get out quick enough & claims she needs a bigger place.  

I'm sure it was a set up for the show, but why did she let Buddy spend the night(s) and then Chase shows up for a visit/their second date when Buddy is there? (I'm going by the previews --The Chase in her apartment visit looks like it's next week.)

I thought it was funny that Whitney had to run around and chase after her missed ping pong balls on their date.  Why didn't she check out ahead of time what kind of place this was when her & Ryan were deciding on her outfit & shoes?  Then she could have realized her "heels" wouldn't work with the outside games & casualness of the place. Just another TLC set up. 

I thought Chase & Whitney's kiss was also a TLC set up.  They just happened to stop in front of the brightly lit sign to say their goodnites?  Yeah, right. (I would have preferred a much more private place for a first kiss.)  If I was Chase, not sure I would have given Whit any kiss after her showing me how sweaty she was. (I realize this was her ploy in getting him to kiss her-- commenting & feeling the sweatiness on each other's faces would lead into the kiss, which it did.)  She was just gross in smelling his armpits too. Why does that even surprise me? 

I fell asleep at least 3 different times but I'm sure I didn't miss much. 

Edited by Barb23
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Me too. I’m also perplexed by the “if he does, he dies” board I’ve seen in both episodes. Is that a reference to poor Henchi? 

Here's the only thing I can think of and it's a stretch... this greeting card (https://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/adult-sexy-birthday-cards/humor/birthday-card-for-an-older-1528158)

I’m not sure what Henchi’s health concerns were

He was losing weight and not quite himself. They thought he might have cancer but it turned out that he has some severe form of cat Irritable Bowel Syndrome. 

She lives in a low cost of income state.

True but the cities are more expensive -especially Charlotte. There is a lot of higher cost industry there, banking and medicine especially. I think that apartment is probably $1500/month and I'm guessing her mortgage in Greensboro is also about that much. Her car is fairly new and pretty nice so she probably has at least a $250/month car payment. Plus utilities in both places (unless her apartment includes them in rent); food; gas (for all the back and forth in an SUV); etc., etc. I can see where she might not have a ton of discretionary income.

I agree the 1 BR apartment has to be a short term rental. She was singing its praises last week to Todd (Tal?)when he visited her (a gated complex, nice pool, etc) and this week it seems she can't get out quick enough & claims she needs a bigger place.

Whitney told Glen she was going to "get out of it" which makes me think she has a lease. BUT a lot of apartment complexes, particularly newer ones, will offer you a slightly lower rent if you sign a lease. They will rent month to month but for a higher cost. This is particularly true in larger cities that have people coming and going for work as is the case in Charlotte.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, cherenkov said:

On another note, the training with Jessica shows both how not fit Whitney is, and how shitty a trainer Jessica actually is. Having Whitney stand on a box and "jump" at a pull up bar? This is not a great advertisement for her. I get that Whitney can't even do reverse pull ups, but an actual trainer who isn't a total hack like Jessica would put someone like Whitney on a lat pull down machine and build strength. It's not a realistic goal for her to do pull ups or reverse pull ups unless she loses probably 175 pounds, and kipping them like Jessica (fuck I hate CrossFit for this encouragement of shitty form) is only going to ruin a rotator cuff.

I was trying to decide if Jessica is a shitty trainer or if she knows it isn't worth critiquing Whitney because it is her show. Your comment solidified that it is probably both! The lack of critique just amplifies the shittiness of the training. She never talks about form and I agree - there is no reason for Whitney to do the jumping pullups at her weight - it is a good skill to do if you can then hold at the top of the bar and slowly let yourself down. Whitney is nowhere near that!

But the biggest thing that pisses me off in all of Whitney's workouts is her complete lack of respect for the equipment and both Ryan and Jessica's lack of establishing good equipment rules. Whitney never fully completes a lift as the second she gets her arms all the way up, she throws the weights on the ground - no finish/hold/control at all. This would not fly in a competition. And when you only have 10 or 15# plates on the bar - those plates break! She's not even just dropping them from overhead which is bad, she is throwing them down. In the workout with Ryan she even threw down the maybe 5# hand weights from overhead! Whitney's rowing form is also abysmal - even for Crossfit standards (which are extremely low)! Every time she brings the handle up to her chin makes me cringe.

While I do/did enjoy Crossfit - I lucked out and was at one of the early gyms where the owners were exceptionally qualified, even had rowing experience, and hired qualified olympic lifting coaches and made it so much more than crossfit. Focus was fully on form. I joined it because they had rowing only classes and I rowed previously. Unfortunately those are fewer and far between nowadays. I moved and haven't been able to find one even half as good. 

Edited by slaterain
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, Uuuugghh said:

Me too. I’m also perplexed by the “if he does, he dies” board I’ve seen in both episodes. Is that a reference to poor Henchi? 

I wondered about that too. It seems like such an odd phrase to use for interior decoration. Maybe someone can ask her about it the next time she does an instagram Q&A. 

This episode was pretty dull and boring overall, as was the first. I could barely pay attention towards the end of it.    

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Uuuugghh said:

37 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Here's the only thing I can think of and it's a stretch... this greeting card (https://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/adult-sexy-birthday-cards/humor/birthday-card-for-an-older-1528158)

It's a quote from Rocky IV, though I'm not sure why that phrase in particular means so much to her. She also has "Cut me, Mick" from Rocky tattooed on her arm. Big fan apparently.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, aliya said:

If my son showed up with a house arrest bracelet,

That is what is sounded like.  

1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

I fell asleep at least 3 different times but I'm sure I didn't miss much. 

I was awake, and can tell you, you didn't.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Colleenna said:

I didn't watch the  episode.  What are Henchi's health concerns? 

Severe irritable bowel, severe kidney disease, heart issue and one other thing. I know he's getting one shot a day.  I wasn't clear if that's steroid for inflammation or for diabetes. She didn't say diabetes though.  I know some cats who need shots for that.  She said that he ate like crazy, but, still lost weight. My good friend's cat did that and he died soon thereafter. 

Was this episode two hours?  I don’t think I watched the whole thing, because the TV gods have decided to put every single thing I like on at 9 pm, which is annoying in having to choose, but I just had a few thoughts...

I don’t know about the form, but Whitney is in pretty good shape at this point.  She is lifting things and doing stairs and she’s not 20.  What she does in those videos with Sam is hard.  So it occurred to me—just how many calories must she be putting in her body to still be 333?  

Part of me thinks she will never get down to anything approximating a normal size, because it would be off-brand, which is so sad.

What is with the fascination with Buddy?  He is really gross.  He is just a waste of a human being.  And Whitney seems like one of the more educated, articulate people on reality TV.  I know she’s tremendous, and that’s a sticking point for finding a mate, but nobody should settle for Buddy.  Why is she still talking about this bullshit kiss, and on a date with an alright guy no less?  Is she trying to sabotage it?  Why?  So she can end up with Buddy?

Both Whitney and Ashley have really upped their hair games this season.  Last season it looked like they were both damn near bald, and now they both have long flowing locks.  

I had my husband look up the apartment complex in Charlotte, because I think it’s really nice, and he said units start at $1,200.  I like that place for her.  Cats live in studios, so I’m not too worried about that.  I also thought the townhouse was really, really nice, and I think she should move there and sell the house in Greensboro and move on and away from Buddy.  Every time I think I am starting to like Whitney, she says something like, “I don’t know how to tell Buddy I’m selling.  I’ve sort of dropped hints...”  Girl.  If you’re so fabulous, and you’re selling a piece of property, say exactly that to Buddy, and if there are any signs he refuses to evacuate (which he already said he’d do, so it’s not even an issue), educate yourself about North Carolina landlord-tenant law.  This fixation with Buddy even as a friend perplexes me to no end.  I can’t even understand what he says when he speaks.  I think he needs subtitles.  Tal and Todd are at least at Whitney’s level of intelligence, probably smarter.  Buddy, Heather and Ashley seem like dead weight.  Any time your friends try to guilt you about moving up in the world and growing, like Ashley did, it’s a sign that they may not be good friends for you.  

And, yes, why did I give that so much thought, seeing as how this show is totally scripted? Glenn’s text to Whitney gave the whole thing away, if I ever had any doubt before:  “I’m flying into Charlotte from Philadelphia.  Drive mom to the Charlotte airport so I can take her home,” is not a text that would be written in real life.  Everyone knew he was in Philly.  That type of extraneous information exposes it all as fake.  Has anyone out there ever gotten a text from a friend or family member identifying where they were coming from, when you already knew?  That would be like my husband texting me he’s at the auto repair shop, getting the oil changed, and when he’s done, he’ll come home to our house, where we live.  Like, huh?

I’m fascinated by Jessica.  I think she’s so beautiful, and I love her focus on working out.  She’s hardcore, but she’s not a bitch, and I would really love to know more about her story and how she lives her life from day to day.  I think it would be more interesting than Whitney, unless Whitney ever wanted to get real, which can’t happen, because the show has her acting like a nut, and she goes along with it for that green, which I can’t really begrudge, but I wish they’d give Jessica a web series or something.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, slaterain said:

Whitney never fully completes a lift as the second she gets her arms all the way up, she throws the weights on the ground - no finish/hold/control at all. This would not fly in a competition.

Whitney does not lock out a lift, but part of that comes from Jessica being a big time CrossFitter where it's all about doing as many reps as possible in a set time. Form is sacrificed - they literally call it CrossFit Slop - for speed. Whitney is not capable at any of the lifts and a judge in a weight lifting competition would give her a "no lift" because of it.

55 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I’m fascinated by Jessica.  I think she’s so beautiful, and I love her focus on working out.  She’s hardcore, but she’s not a bitch, and I would really love to know more about her story and how she lives her life from day to day.

Jessica is obviously super into CrossFit, but the show isn't using the name likely because they'd have to pay royalty to the CrossFit corporation. She's obviously in good shape and works out a ton, though I wish she didn't spout as much absolute bullshit as she does. There are clearly things she's speaking as an authority on that she either doesn't understand, or doesn't know how to explain to people.

Her whole speech about eating "whole, organic foods" is part of what I mean. It's better to eat things that are not as processed, yes. It is not intrinsically better if those things are "organic" versus "conventional" farmed. And Jessica denies this, but calories do matter. The biggest concern I have with her on the show is that the wrong and incomplete information is going to get followed by someone watching it and they're going to get injured.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

OMG where do I start with this?

I missed Episode 1, I think. I don't know. Did I need it? Definitely not.

Ryan: "Dude, I've never seen you with a big girl before."
Chase: "I think Whitney looks great all the time."
Ryan is really asking if Chase likes morbidly obese women.
Chase basically is saying he'll do anything for a paycheck.

Sweatney is not wearing socks with those short boots on her date. Then she runs around in people's spit and gum on that concrete and puts those boots back on. Remind me never to borrow her shoes, which would probably never happen because I'm not a size 10 triple-wide.

Chase: "I know they say you're supposed to let a girl win, but I'm not wantin' to give it to her that easy." So private boy's Catholic schools in West Virginia don't teach you manners. Color me shocked! Who knew? Also, IT'S FUCKING PING PONG, CHASE. IT'S NOT THE TOUR DE FRANCE.

As pathetic as Buddy is in general, I really admire him doing open mics every night to improve his comedy. Even if he literally does not get any better ever, opening himself up to something that terrifying is really commendable.

Also, Sweatney is an asshole to keep Buddy in the dark about renting the house out from under him. YES, Buddy is a grown-ass adult and needs to be finding out what's up with his own rental situation, but Sweatney talking about renting the house out WITH EVERYONE ELSE BUT BUDDY is so avoidant and petulant it's ridiculous.

Glenn needs to move Babs into a home without stairs, especially if he's travelling so much. I'd be a wreck if my mother fell down even 3 steps at that age, which is the same age as my parents (73 and 75).

So Heather says that she doesn't want Sweatney continuing any kissyface with Buddy, and Sweatney is all "OK, no problem, I won't!" And then even after that, Sweatney doesn't talk to her for 3 full months? 🙄 Then she blames her friends , saying that they can't handle her moving to Charlotte.  👌

Also, I loved how Sweatney glowed up her "relationship" with Buddy to Chase. She stated that after high school Buddy delivers a pizza to her house and she stalks him after she denies knowing who he is to her face: "I'm gonna find Buddy Bell and I'm gonna ... you know." Without saying what 'you know' is, but intimating it's intimate. And Chase, like a dumbass, eats that shit UP ("Oh, WOW" he says). "I haven't told too many people about it. And Buddy has always borderline denied acknowledging that it ever happened but IT DID, and now that he's sober it's like he's finally able to kind of admit it." Then he didn't have feelings for her and she somehow figured it out, BUT IT HAPPENED ONCE. IT DID, Y'ALL. I guess she hasn't seen every single episode where Buddy has FLATLY DENIED "crossing the fleshhold." Because it's a lot of episodes, including the reunions, that he's denied it. Flatly. Jesus, the denial is so strong that she's making up her own alternate reality.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, monagatuna said:

Someone with medical training help me out here: what does it mean when your rib is "out"? Can you dislocate a rib?

Edit: apparently you can. Are we to assume that's what happened with Whit's gentle hip movements?

As someone with a connective tissue disorder that causes chronic dislocations, including rib poppings every month, I don't buy it.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

As someone with a connective tissue disorder that causes chronic dislocations, including rib poppings every month, I don't buy it.

EDS? I have EDS 4 and my daughter has it as well and is struggling with handling dislocations right now since she wants to forget she has the condition and be #1 at everything in high school.  I can pop almost anything back (hips are hard for me right now) myself but that is with years of medical care and practice. I also know and try to avoid things that will cause dislocations. We have be meeting with one of the best PT teams in our state about how to handle dislocations and getting knowledge to help teachers understand it. Whitney's story last night did not add up. Now I only know about EDS dislocations but I assume protocol is close and walking on her back? for a rib? just made no sense. I am taking my daughter at 4 to PT with a doctor not just a PT and I am going to ask about ribs. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I do feel a little for Heather.  I think she's really feeling sad and like she's being left behind...which, she really is. 

Heather still has all the other friends. I think she's sick of Whit's drama and totally over Buddy but I don't feel like she's being left behind. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Any time your friends try to guilt you about moving up in the world and growing, like Ashley did, it’s a sign that they may not be good friends for you.  

It's all such a stupid storyline because they ALL have their own lives. Ashley with her man and baby, Tal with his man and buying a condo and a full time job, Todd doing all the stuff he does, Heather with 2 kids and a job and I'm sure she has some other friends. Nobody is sitting around with no life because Whit decided to move to Charlotte. Well, except Buddy. He wants to follow Whit because where else is he gonna pay $300 a month rent. Even a one bedroom apartment generally runs 800-900 a month around Greensboro. Poor Bud's in deep shit financially and he knows it. They're probably all thinking,  do we really have to pretend we give a crap where Whit lives or how long she takes to answer a text? I guess they do if they want to get that check. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, JustDuckie said:

They say there's a lid for every pot.

And at the end of the date, Whit smelled Chase's armpit. He did not seem repulsed (as I was).

I think Whit has found her lid.

I think anyone who agrees to play Whit's love interest is informed when hired that it includes having your pits smelled and pretending nothing's wrong with her 😄 

14 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Can someone explain why there were no large guys at the large guys dance class? It seemed like maybe some of the guys were there for Todd? or just pulled off the street? Why even add that scene in?

Possibly because we are still operating under the fiction that BGDC is an actual thing and not just a cast of women for filming?

11 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Heather still has all the other friends. I think she's sick of Whit's drama and totally over Buddy but I don't feel like she's being left behind. 

Me neither.  Single mama needs to pay the bills 😄 

Last week I questioned why her entire 5 days of 20 minute videos, plus spending 30 minutes watching Ryan cook a meal, couldn't be done in an afternoon?  This week she says it takes "90% of my time"? 😄 😄 😄 😄😄 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

I think that Whit's friends do consider her special and that they don't have friends like her who are as animated. Plus, I think that they likely get something out of being on this show.  Not sure of money amount, but, I would imagine some money.  I can't imagine they make a large income in their Greensboro  jobs.  So, I think the idea of losing a role on this show has to be concerning.  I just can't figure out if this is a fake out or the real deal. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I’m not sure what Henchi’s health concerns were but this isn’t the first time Henchi has had health issues just in the nick of time for a storyline. I don’t think Whitney is a Muchausen by proxy cat mom but I do wonder if she either puts off doing something for Henchi until it’s time to film or rushes him (her) off to the vet for a storyline when he’s really fine. I’ve never felt like she takes very good care of those animals. 

If you listen to what the vet says, and then Whitney's interpretation of it, they are totally different. She dramatized  (OVER dramatized) everything she was told in a torrent of tears. The vet didn't say he had cancer but Whitney's line to her mom was "it might be cancer." He had a few things on xray that she couldn't identify, and suggested some tests to clarify.  She also said he was acting fine when she examined him. Next thing we see is Babs saying "I don't know what we would do without Henchy." At this point I decided the show probably isn't worth watching.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think that Whit's friends do consider her special and that they don't have friends like her who are as animated. Plus, I think that they likely get something out of being on this show.  Not sure of money amount, but, I would imagine some money.  I can't imagine they make a large income in their Greensboro  jobs.  So, I think the idea of losing a role on this show has to be concerning.  I just can't figure out if this is a fake out or the real deal. 

Fake.  I'm not saying they are not friends, and I'm sure they're happy enough with the money, but they all started the season with "I haven't talked to _____ in ages" (except for Tal who started his "fight" with Buddy on day 1 of filming instead).  I think in real life they'd be old high school friends who get together once in a while, but this idea that they all live in each others' pockets and are just fascinated by Whitney's life is as fake as can be.  And Whitney does literally (yes literally) 2 hours of work with Ryan a week but we're supposed to see her as a "business woman"?  Please.

• Love 13
50 minutes ago, princelina said:

I think anyone who agrees to play Whit's love interest is informed when hired that it includes having your pits smelled and pretending nothing's wrong with her 😄 

Possibly because we are still operating under the fiction that BGDC is an actual thing and not just a cast of women for filming?

Me neither.  Single mama needs to pay the bills 😄 

Last week I questioned why her entire 5 days of 20 minute videos, plus spending 30 minutes watching Ryan cook a meal, couldn't be done in an afternoon?  This week she says it takes "90% of my time"? 😄 😄 😄 😄😄 

NFW. When I was a personal  trainer, I would  actually  (gasp) PLAN the workout for reach of my clients. Look back --- what did I have  them do last time? How well did they do? Are they  ready for the next step?  Planning a workout  and  writing it down  took about 15 minutes  per  client.  So for 4 clients, 3 days a week, took me 15 hours a week.  Hardly  90% of  my time. 

Edit  to add... that 15 hours includes the  12 hours I spent  actually training  them. 

Edited by Colleenna
Clarity
  • Love 8
38 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

NFW. When I was a personal  trainer, I would  actually  (gasp) PLAN the workout for reach of my clients. Look back --- what did I have  them do last time? How well did they do? Are they  ready for the next step?  Planning a workout  and  writing it down  took about 15 minutes  per  client.  So for 4 clients, 3 days a week, took me 15 hours a week.  Hardly  90% of  my time. 

Edit  to add... that 15 hours includes the  12 hours I spent  actually training  them. 

You mean you didn't have someone else do all the planning while you just stood around twerking for 20 minutes?  What kind of trainer were you?  😄 

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

I missed this week’s show. Let me guess...

Twit screamed & brayed like the ass she is. She wore leggings & a bra top even when she wasn’t going to the gym. She peed in a hot tub, a pool and/or a bath tub. She sniffed a cat’s breath, a beard and/or an armpit.  She had someone apply chub rub cream.  She talked incessantly, loudly and obnoxiously about herself. She said she doesn’t care about her weight. She embarrassed Babs & Glen. She mentioned the Buddy kiss. She “danced” (hahaha).

Edited by nytonc
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6

I was a little perplexed as to why they had Buddy talking about his standup again.  Why does he think he is talented that way, other than Whit giving him encouragement and everybody knows she's just being nice and trying to support a friend. She has to know that he is not funny enough to make it in standup.  Why is he torturing himself this way?  It would be kinder, if he was just told the truth and could deal with it. Maybe, he can be comical at home or at a party, but, as a form of entertainment that people pay for.....?  I don't see it.

Greensboro is a nice town.  A few of my best friends grew up there and still have parents who live there, but, I would think Charlotte would be more of a place to have fun for a younger crowd.    

• Love 2
4 hours ago, silverspoons said:

EDS? I have EDS 4 and my daughter has it as well and is struggling with handling dislocations right now since she wants to forget she has the condition and be #1 at everything in high school.  I can pop almost anything back (hips are hard for me right now) myself but that is with years of medical care and practice. I also know and try to avoid things that will cause dislocations. We have be meeting with one of the best PT teams in our state about how to handle dislocations and getting knowledge to help teachers understand it. Whitney's story last night did not add up. Now I only know about EDS dislocations but I assume protocol is close and walking on her back? for a rib? just made no sense. I am taking my daughter at 4 to PT with a doctor not just a PT and I am going to ask about ribs. 

Yep, EDS. I have VEDS, but I also have hypermobility issues.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, cherenkov said:

Whitney does not lock out a lift, but part of that comes from Jessica being a big time CrossFitter where it's all about doing as many reps as possible in a set time. Form is sacrificed - they literally call it CrossFit Slop - for speed. Whitney is not capable at any of the lifts and a judge in a weight lifting competition would give her a "no lift" because of it.

The biggest concern I have with her on the show is that the wrong and incomplete information is going to get followed by someone watching it and they're going to get injured.

That was beyond crossfit slop! Even crossfit competitions require you to lock out to count reps. And she wasn’t doing multiples. She was going for a 1 rep max. What bugs me is that Jessica talks about Oly lifting competitions and yet doesn’t give any form comments at all. I completely agree that it is irresponsible to show this incomplete info. And the walking on her back thing?!? Glad Ryan quit and said something about that being wrong. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

Also, I loved how Sweatney glowed up her "relationship" with Buddy to Chase. She stated that after high school Buddy delivers a pizza to her house and she stalks him after she denies knowing who he is to her face: "I'm gonna find Buddy Bell and I'm gonna ... you know." Without saying what 'you know' is, but intimating it's intimate. And Chase, like a dumbass, eats that shit UP ("Oh, WOW" he says). "I haven't told too many people about it. And Buddy has always borderline denied acknowledging that it ever happened but IT DID, and now that he's sober it's like he's finally able to kind of admit it." Then he didn't have feelings for her and she somehow figured it out, BUT IT HAPPENED ONCE. IT DID, Y'ALL. I guess she hasn't seen every single episode where Buddy has FLATLY DENIED "crossing the fleshhold." Because it's a lot of episodes, including the reunions, that he's denied it. Flatly. Jesus, the denial is so strong that she's making up her own alternate reality.

The closest I can get to believing Whitney is if I assume that Buddy got blackout drunk with her one night and when she unzipped his pants to give him a BJ,  he has no memory of it.  And while I think that's a plausible scenario, given he was drinking alcoholically for a long time, and she has no self-restraint at all, it's hardly one to boast about. Forcing a sexual act on someone who is too drunk to consent is a crime, no matter how much you want a guy to be your boyfriend. So of course, that's not what happened, is it?

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

Yep, EDS. I have VEDS, but I also have hypermobility issues.

I have VEDS too my doctor calls it EDS 4. They say it is 1 in 250,000 people (I kind of think it is more common then they think sadly). Sending you a private message about it. 

5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Yet another piece of dangerous and bullshit advice from Jessica the expert trainer: if you have a dislocated rib, lay on the floor and have a completely untrained friend walk on you. At this point I wouldn't trust Jessica to train a cat to use a litter box and most of them can be self-taught in 10 seconds.

21 minutes ago, slaterain said:

What bugs me is that Jessica talks about Oly lifting competitions and yet doesn’t give any form comments at all.

Because Jessica doesn't know shit about good form.

11 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

The closest I can get to believing Whitney is if I assume that Buddy got blackout drunk with her one night and when she unzipped his pants to give him a BJ,  he has no memory of it.  And while I think that's a plausible scenario, given he was drinking alcoholically for a long time, and she has no self-restraint at all, it's hardly one to boast about. Forcing a sexual act on someone who is too drunk to consent is a crime, no matter how much you want a guy to be your boyfriend. So of course, that's not what happened, is it?

It's kind of sick that the most plausible working hypothesis is that she Amy Schumered Buddy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5