Type keyword(s) to search

S39.E11: A Very Simple Plan

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

So I am watching this week. Gotta say I love the underdog group, even Karishma, EXCEPT Dean. Wish we could trade Dean for Janet and those are my faves. Even diggin the crazy Noura! I do like Lauren too. Just want Dean, Dan and....well, just those 2 gone for now.

Just watched Janet's injury bit...man, ow, she is tough!

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 5

So basically Dan said the longer Karishma is around, the more people will want to sit next to her in the end because she can't win.  I guess he's hoping he can take her spot now.

Well, at least I had last week's delicious idol play by Karishma that got Elizabeth out.

Janet, please run far, far, far away from them.  You are too good to be associated with that crap fest.

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
1 minute ago, Rachel RSL said:

WTF Dean?! What did we miss? Why did he suddenly blow up the whole plan like that?

He and Elaine were worried that Noura was a loose cannon who couldn't be trusted, especially when she couldn't seem to get a basic concept as if the other four were splitting and their four all voted one way, it would be 4-2-2 and so they could get Tommy out without even playing Elaine's idol. 

So I guess after thinking about it, he decided to find a way to flip the votes on her by telling Tommy what was coming at Tribal. Of course all it succeeded in doing was blowing up the plan entirely, Elaine wasting her idol and Karishma being voted out anyway, as the other four initially planned and wanted. 

So he, Elaine and Noura continue to be at the bottom, at the mercy of the other four. So yeah, not such a great plan. Noura may be a loose cannon and weird but she'd already shown she had no problems blind siding someone and not screwing it up, when they blindsided Jack. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

At the end Karishma says something like she never felt like she was accepted before until today when she was reunited with her husband. The thing is, I have a feeling she's never accepted herself before.

Dean is so stupid.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, truthaboutluv said:

And more importantly, Tommy continues to live to be a smug tool. 

I don't know. He looked like he was willing to be Dean's bitch at least for the time being.

Wish Elaine kept her idol.

I'm probably a minority on this, but I never like the loved ones visit. It invariably  gets way too maudlin for me. I admit I was uncomfortable with Dan's son out there. Just very awkward. 

• Love 13

Noura was rising on my likeability list but she dropped to rock bottom along with milquetoast Dean. Dan is far below rock bottom  just in case anyone was wondering. I'm still shaking my head over why Noura wasn't voted out!!!

• Love 18

I was so excited at the prospect of the underdogs taking over the smug ones, that I was hoping to see Karishma, Noura, Elaine and Dean as final four.  Yes, even Dean because for a few minutes there I was seeing him through his mother's eyes.  Well that's all over.

I enjoyed seeing the loved ones, especially Karishma's nice man with the cute earlobes.  It's always kind of amazing to see how fierce they get if they don't get chosen for the loved ones lunch.  I thought Karishma's wrecking ball threat would be the episode title.

• Love 17
10 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I’m sorry Elaine had to play her idol- but I can see why she felt she had to.  Really, folks, you voted out Karishma this week?  You can do that anytime. Noura staying is going to haunt somebody. 

I would say so is Keeping Tommy but after that idiotic display at Tribal they all want him to win. FUCKING MORONS. And FUCK DEAN AND NOURA! 

• Love 9

Dean WTF? That was a crazy TC, I wish they wouldn’t let everyone walk around talking and whispering. I knew this wouldn’t be my favorite episode anyway because it was the loved ones episode. Everyone acts like they haven’t seen their loved ones in a year instead of a month. 
Hopefully Noura goes next week, she’s a loose cannon. You could almost see the jury members wishing she wouldn’t be voted out so they don’t have to put up with her at Ponderosa.  All I care about at this point is that Janet stays in this. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

So I guess after thinking about it, he decided to find a way to flip the votes on her by telling Tommy what was coming at Tribal. Of course all it succeeded in doing was blowing up the plan entirely, Elaine wasting her idol and Karishma being voted out anyway, as the other four initially planned and wanted. 

I mean, all they needed to do was really get Elaine to play her idol, if they were worried about a flip, and then they all just needed to put their votes on Tommy. Boom, they have the votes 100%. I can't remember if Noura was one of the ones who was supposed to vote for Elaine but if she was, then if Elaine used her idol, even if Noura flipped, then Tommy would still go.

But no, it's all due to Dean probably not wanting Tommy out (then suggest someone else, idiot!) and panicking right before Tribal Council so he felt like, if Tommy was going, then Dean telling him would get his vote in the final three since he's probably convinced that he's a lock. 

That's only my interpretation of what Dean was probably thinking. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

What is there to say?  Dean’s a backstabbing weasel.  Dan’s a slimy weasel.  Lauren has a superiority complex.... but at least she isn’t delusional like Noura who appears to be off her meds.  Tommy’s superiority complex exceeds Lauren’s.  

I like Elaine and Janet which probably means neither have a hope in hell of going to the end.    If neither of them make the final tribal, this just might be the first time ever that I skip the finale.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
5 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

WTF Dean?! What did we miss? Why did he suddenly blow up the whole plan like that? And why did these idiots think it was so important to vote out a non-threat like Karishma? Ugh....this is why we can’t have nice things!!

I loathe the family visits so I tend to zone out but did they show the reward at all? Or just Noura ranting instead?

So I guess Rob and Sandra are just there to hang out now? This season started out so good, now I just want it to be over.

I think delusional Dean just couldn't accept not being one of the "cool kids".

It seems like he has spent his life being a sort of mascot to the cool kids, who laugh at him behind his back.  

He was the talentless, sawed off dweeb on some great HS basketball teams at St. Patrick's.  Then he scored a total of 7 points in 4 seasons as a bench warmer, at Columbia.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Lamima said:

Dean ruined it. It's like he wanted to get Noura going to do what she did. He KNEW she was flakey and flighty. He stirred that pot intentionally. He was NOT on board, truly, with the plan to go after Tommy. 

Cause hes a class A MORON. Anyone protecting Tommy is. Sucks this season is likely gonna have a boring ending 

• Love 8

Since when did they allow the contestants to talk and argue and scheme among themselves DURING Tribal Council?  I hate that.  If it had not happened I think Dean and Noura might have stuck to the original plan and taken out Tommy.

I don't dislike him as much as some of you.  In fact, I don't give a shit who wins, although I like Janet and Elaine.  I just want to see good game play, not blatant producer manipulation.

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:
17 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Anyone not named Lauren, Tommy, Dan, Noura, and Dean needs to win this season. 

So basically Janet or Elaine has to win, lol.

Btw, anyone totally uncomfortable at Karishma's reunion with her husband, knowing all the shit she talked about him and their marriage, earlier this season?

That performance was really over the top.

Remember, she's a personal injury lawyer.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, vb68 said:

I don't know. He looked like he was willing to be Dean's bitch at least for the time being.

Wish Elaine kept her idol.

I'm probably a minority on this, but I never like the loved ones visit. It invariably  gets way too maudlin for me. I admit I was uncomfortable with Dan's son out there. Just very awkward. 

I think Tommy was welcoming Dean back as his bitch.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Dean WTF? That was a crazy TC, I wish they wouldn’t let everyone walk around talking and whispering. I knew this wouldn’t be my favorite episode anyway because it was the loved ones episode. Everyone acts like they haven’t seen their loved ones in a year instead of a month. 
Hopefully Noura goes next week, she’s a loose cannon. You could almost see the jury members wishing she wouldn’t be voted out so they don’t have to put up with her at Ponderosa.  All I care about at this point is that Janet stays in this. 

I'd rather they werent idiots and split up Tommy and Lauren. Lauren got me to detest her with her arrogance and entitlement in TH's at the Reward

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Oh, you missed a good quote from Dan.  He called Dean, Noura, Karishma, and Elaine a bunch of rag tag losers and weirdos.  In front of his 13 year old son, as well as the loved ones of Lauren, Tommy, and Janet.

I was thrilled Janet won, but sad that Tommy was part of her pair.  Equally sad that they picked Dan and Lauren to join them, but it wasn't surprising.

Yeah, that Dan.  Such a class act.  

• Love 14

I hate the family visit. I’ve never seen so much tearless body racking sobbing. Then add Probst’s lame AF commentary. I guess I’ll just hate watch the rest of the season. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Mr. Miner
  • LOL 2
  • Love 20
3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I mean, all they needed to do was really get Elaine to play her idol, if they were worried about a flip, and then they all just needed to put their votes on Tommy. Boom, they have the votes 100%. I can't remember if Noura was one of the ones who was supposed to vote for Elaine but if she was, then if Elaine used her idol, even if Noura flipped, then Tommy would still go.

The thing is, there would have been a 3-3 vote then if Noura flipped and say voted Karishma. Because remember the four's plan included Dan, Janet and Noura supposedly voting Elaine and Tommy, Lauren, with Dean, voting Karishma. 

So if Noura had flipped and voted Elaine as they wanted, then an idol play would have worked because those votes would be null and it would have been 3 votes for Tommy (Karishma, Dean, Elaine) and 2 votes for Karishma (Tommy and Lauren).

But if Noura went for Karishma, it would have been 3 votes Tommy and 3 votes Karishma and then a re-vote, where more than likely they'd vote out Karishma but expose what Dean and Elaine were planning. 

Not that I still don't agree that this was still stupid and unnecessary on Dean's part but only pointing out how they idol play could have still not completely saved them. The fact is, the episode title says it best. This truly was a pretty damn simple plan. But when you're dealing with idiots, they over complicate shit and you get this hot mess that happened tonight. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Josh371982 said:

I'd rather they werent idiots and split up Tommy and Lauren. Lauren got me to detest her with her arrogance and entitlement in TH's at the Reward

I couldn't stand it after the IC, when she was like "I don't think I'll need this tonight."

I wonder if Dean would have stuck with the plan had Lauren not won immunity?

• Love 7

That was a serious missed opportunity to take out Tommy on Dean's part BUT given all the footage they showed of how insane Noura was acting regarding the vote, running hundreds of scenarios in her head, I can kind of understand why Dean may not have trusted her.  She is a nut.  That said,  I'm sure this vote will come back to haunt Dean and Elaine. 

Sorry if I'm a cold hearted bitch but the drama of the family visits gets more annoying every season.   The crying is just over the top for me. 😭

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, truthaboutluv said:

The thing is, there would have been a 3-3 vote then if Noura flipped and say voted Karishma. Because remember the four's plan included Dan, Janet and Noura supposedly voting Elaine and Tommy, Lauren, with Dean, voting Karishma. 

So if Noura had flipped and voted Elaine as they wanted, then an idol play would have worked because those votes would be null and it would have been 3 votes for Tommy (Karishma, Dean, Elaine) and 2 votes for Karishma (Tommy and Lauren).

But if Noura went for Karishma, it would have been 3 votes Tommy and 3 votes Karishma and then a re-vote, where more than likely they'd vote out Karishma but expose what Dean and Elaine were planning. 

Not that I still don't agree that this was still stupid and unnecessary on Dean's part but only pointing out how they idol play could have still not completely saved them. The fact is, the episode title says it best. This truly was a pretty damn simple plan. But when you're dealing with idiots, they over complicate shit and you get this hot mess that happened tonight. 

Yeah, there's always the risk.

But man, would it have been more fun than what we got. What we got instead was less fun and more frustrating. 

I would have still been fine with Karishma going, in that case, but all Noura did here was expose that she cannot be trusted at all and nobody will actually vote for her in the end. She intentionally screwed herself. 

I mean, Dean solidified himself a little bit with the majority but made himself to look like a snake to the jury, which may not benefit him if he DOES make the finals. 

2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I wonder if Dean would have stuck with the plan had Lauren not won immunity?

I bet you he would have. Dean seems to adore Tommy and I don't think he cares either way about Lauren. If anything, Lauren going solidifies him as Tommy's #2. 

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, LanceM said:

"I am like you Karishma except I am fun to be around"

oh Noura. lol

LOL.  And a hard worker.

There is something seriously wrong with Noura.  I wonder if she usually takes medication that she isn't taking on the island.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14