Type keyword(s) to search

S39.E11: A Very Simple Plan

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Have none of these people ever watched SURVIVOR before? They should NEVER pick their core alliance members for the reward, especially if it's one that everyone wants. Of course, Noura would go batshit crazy when she's passed over. If Dean wasn't such a dumbass, Tommy would be sitting in Ponderosa.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, HahYallDoin said:

Also make certain that you, without hesitation and with derision in your voice and overconfident body language, critique the others as ‘rag tag losers,’ with a capital L. 

Take a look in the mirror, Dan.  Can he be less self aware?

I was so hoping the rag tag losers' plan would work and we'd end up with an Elaine/Noura/Karishma final 3.  That would be a huge FU to the jury and to Probst who obviously dislikes Karishma.  But then Dean had to go screw it up for everyone, including (hopefully) himself.  Now I'm going to have to wish for Noura to go on an immunity run and for Elaine to continue to find idols.

I'm not sure I can tolerate 9 minutes of Karishma's self reflection at Ponderosa.  There goes the party now that Eeyore has arrived.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, himela said:

Wait a minute. Dean will be in the final tribal council with this move. The fact that the viewers support the underdogs and hate Dan doesn't mean that Dean's move was not perfect for his game.

Yeah but he wont winjack shit and hes an idiot if he thinks he will. You should play to win not to give others money. Fuck that weasel hope the jury makes him look like a fool

• Love 11
7 hours ago, willco said:

Most people, at least those who post on boards, tend to despise the family visit episode. I thought tonight's was especially bad, the weeping, the almost passing out / falling to their knees with happiness.

I will say the only time I thought this was appropriate was on Millennials vs Gen X, when Adam's mother was actually dying, and he had a reason to fall to his knees and cry. Regardless of one might think of his decision to be on the show, crying about seeing someone in your family who has information about the condition of your dying mother is not an over-the-top reaction.

But I wish they'd shake these family visits up, like they did in Ghost Island. I loved the twist of choosing to leave your family member and go look for advantages, like Wendell did. And they had the perfect opportunity to do that with Rob and Sandra's Zombie Head Island this season. That would've been better TV than "blah blah challenge, now we have a feast."

Anybody else notice that Lauren's boyfriend had a similar type to Tommy? (taller young white guy with a beard?) Gee, wonder why she trusts Tommy so much.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Dean needs to keep Tommy around for his own sense of well-being.  If Tommy goes, Dean’s left with all the women and Dan.  Don’t actually see him being buddies with Dan and that many women make him uneasy.

Dan’s “red tag losers” and other comments in front of his son are, most likely, not the worst things the kid has heard his father say.  

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, Josh371982 said:

Yeah but he wont winjack shit and hes an idiot if he thinks he will. You should play to win not to give others money. Fuck that weasel hope the jury makes him look like a fool

With your way of thinking Sandra should not have won two times now should she? She played the anyone but me strategy and she was being seen as a goat, but she won TWICE. Being in the final tribal council and taking no votes is better than not being there at all. I don't support Dean but I think he made the best move for his own game. Maybe he has come to terms with the idea that he can't win so he just wants to take the top 3 money and create some drama so he gets called back to another season.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I wanted Janet to win for the longest time, but I've gradually lost the feeling.  It's the way she stays besties with Dan, not only knowing how he treated Kellee, but through all his "she's a loser" "he's a weirdo" remarks about other people.  Dan gets really mean when he's crossed, too.

Elaine is the only one I would be happy to see win now.

In Janet's defense, she voted the way she did because Kellee, Missy, and Elisabeth said they were uncomfortable. Kellee was 100% uncomfortable. Missy was also uncomfortable but less so then Kellee. Elisabeth was not and lying her ass off. After Kellee went home, Janet directly confronted Missy and Elisabeth and Missy and Elisabeth lied to Dan. When they finally admitted that they had told Janet what they said, they told Dan that they only said it to get Janet off their back.

So Janet can only listen to what Missy and Elisabeth said and how they played it. Janet could not talk to Kellee to verify what Kellee had said and hat Missy had said to Janet.

Knowing that, and knowing that she liked Dan personally, she went back to playing with Dan.

9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Dean kinda sucks. He ain’t really playing but is more a hanger on. I guess he wants be bro loyal & didn’t want Tommy to go. I think Dean is playing the Sandra game. Anybody but him & it works for him. He couldn’t give Kellee the heads up and she saved him the week before. Yup! He sucks.

Dean thinks that he is playing a good game. He sees himself as a mastermind. But it will burn him in the ass if he makes it to final.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, mojoween said:

At first it was sweet that Elaine said her that she was worried her girlfriends kids wouldn’t accept her relationship with their mom but they do, but then did she say one of them is her best friend?  Because that’s creepy.  How old could that kid be?  Parents or pseudo-parents should not be best friends with kids.

Also I don’t buy for one second she doesn’t know what extrapolate means.  It’s insulting.

I really like Elaine. She and her girlfriend’s son have a YouTube channel and they seem to have a nice relationship. 

I’m hoping she can find a way to stay in this game because she and Janet are the only ones left I can tolerate. Dan once again showed what a complete jackass he is this week. Skeevy!

• Love 21

So challenge beasts Dean and Tommy were out first and second in the immunity challenge.  Ha!

Unpopular opinion, but I like the loved ones visits. I like to see the people who show up from the players' regular lives, and I especially like how hurt feelings or picking wrong can shake up the game. We wouldn't have had Noura's amusing time-lapse rant without it, and that was my favorite part of the episode.

I feel so badly for Dan's son. How exciting for a 13-year-old kid to be on Survivor - I'm sure all of his friends have been watching, and he had to be super excited to watch it himself. And then his dad is outed as a harassing pig halfway through. I feel no sympathy for Dan whatsoever, but feel awful for his kid. 

Survivor has been my favorite show and I have always said even bad Survivor is better than no Survivor to me. But between Ghost Island, Edge of Extinction, and now this horrible season that started out so promising, I'm not so sure anymore. If it wasn't for David vs. Goliath, I might be ready to throw in the towel on the show completely. 

• Love 16
53 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Take a look in the mirror, Dan.  Can he be less self aware?

Really, anyone who can't keep his hands off the young girls'  toes has no business calling people "weirdo."

10 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

Knowing that, and knowing that she liked Dan personally, she went back to playing with Dan.

That's the part I can't excuse anymore.  Just the way he talks about anyone who's not on his side in the game is enough to make me despise him.

45 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

Anybody else notice that Lauren's boyfriend had a similar type to Tommy?

Yes. I noticed a few week's ago, when she said she felt so relived when she saw "Tommy's big lazy body," coming back  it sounded a little like she found him attractive.

----------------------------------------------

All the comments about Noura needing medication bother me a little bit because, (1) I just think she needs to learn that it's not really that "nourable" when she blurts out everything she thinks and she should take a few minutes to calm down first.  Calling out Elaine's idol was not nice and served no purpose but to keep the spotlight on her a few minutes longer. (2)  I think when someone says so-and-so-odd-person needs medication it increases stigma against those who have  serious mental illness.

I have family who suffer from schizophrenia. They truly need their medication. Noura just needs to learn that she's not as "fun to be around" as her family has told her she is.

• Love 18

Stupid frigging Dean.  That probably put the final nail in Elaine's coffin unless she finds another idol or goes on an epic winning streak at immunity challenges.

If my parents were on Survivor, they wouldn't know what extrapolate means, so they'd ask, just like Elaine did.  I know so many folks like her in our area, so I find her to be very genuine.

What I did not find to be genuine was Karishma's Razzie-worthy performance during the loved one visit.  The only thing worse than a sad sack, is a sad sack playing up their sad sackness for the cameras.  Going back to the early episodes, I can totally see now why they left her lying face down in the sand after her life-threatening papercut or whatever it was and didn't bother checking on her lol.

• LOL 10
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, LanceM said:

On another note if you ever want a guarantee to go on the family reward bring a child as your loved one. There was no way they weren't picking Dan

Loren has been Tommy's #1 for some time, and I get the feeling Dan is still Janet's #1, so no surprise on the choices other than the stupidity of leaving crazy Noura back at camp to boil over. Maybe they thought they'd get 3 picks?  

11 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I hate the family visit. I’ve never seen so much tearless body racking sobbing.

And Karishma was the most over the top, which.. LOL. 

Karishma, a month ago:  My husband's more like a roommate, and I only agreed to marry him so I could stop bringing shame to my family. I don't think I should have married him.

Karishma, two weeks ago: No one here likes me so I should probably stay with my husband who's at least nice to me.

Karishma, last night:  
giphy.gif

11 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I mean, Dean solidified himself a little bit with the majority but made himself to look like a snake to the jury, which may not benefit him if he DOES make the finals.

I'd count Dean as the biggest goat remaining.  His greatest strength in the game has been "knowing someone a HII-holder knows" and that's over now.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 11

Don’t know why but I thought Janet would give up her visit for someone. Not sure who ... just thought she would.  

Dean should have kept his mouth shut.  Would have liked to see what would have happened.  After seeing things actually being shown now I have to wonder what he’s thinking. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ProfCrash said:

In Janet's defense, she voted the way she did because Kellee, Missy, and Elisabeth said they were uncomfortable. Kellee was 100% uncomfortable. Missy was also uncomfortable but less so then Kellee. Elisabeth was not and lying her ass off. After Kellee went home, Janet directly confronted Missy and Elisabeth and Missy and Elisabeth lied to Dan. When they finally admitted that they had told Janet what they said, they told Dan that they only said it to get Janet off their back.

So Janet can only listen to what Missy and Elisabeth said and how they played it. Janet could not talk to Kellee to verify what Kellee had said and hat Missy had said to Janet.

Dean thinks that he is playing a good game. He sees himself as a mastermind. But it will burn him in the ass if he makes it to final.

I don't hate Janet.  She was put into a very difficult position, and behaved heroically.  But, it seems like the despicable behavior of the 2 worthless scumbags who gaslighted her sort of crushed her fighting spirit.   But, her working with Dan makes it hard for me to really root for her.  

If she makes it to FTC, I hope she rips Missy, Elizabeth and Dan new ones.  If Dan makes it to FTC (please no!) it will be interesting to see if any of his alliance mates call him out for the derogatory remarks he has been making about the non members.  

• Love 9

hehehe You all will lose your mind if you see Karishma's Ponderosa video. All of the other Jury members were saying it was like meeting a different person. It sounds like the physical discomfort and elements really bothered her and she never recovered enough to play. That is on her, I am not excusing her Eeyore like persona in the game, but her Ponderosa personality is so totally different. And she has a very long shpiel about how much she loves her husband.

Seriously, night and day difference. Crazy

As for the Noura comments. Look, I am ADHD and I really should takes meds. I don't like taking them so I don't. I am also comfortable with my position at work and with my friends and family. They know my quirks and are fine with them. They also know that they can tell me to stop or that what my unfiltered self just said was offensive, wrong, hurtful, and I need to correct myself. I have developed much better awareness and filters but I have my moments. There is nothing wrong with taking medication. And there are times when it is 100% needed. But that doesn't mean that it is an easy choice.

I like who I am unmedicated, I am not perfect and I have my fair share of social miscues. I am not as productive as I could be at work or organized as I could be at home. But I do pretty darn well so I am comfortable not taking my meds. There was a time that was not the case and I begrudgingly took my medication.

Survivor is an extreme enviroment and the lack of food and sleep and all the social stress really influences people. Noura is probably more in control then we are seeing her out there. And she might be someone who does take meds to help her with day to day life. And that is cool. But let's not treat every little thing as if medication is the answer or an an easy answer.

• Useful 2
  • Love 22
10 hours ago, EllenB said:

I was ready to forgive Karishma so many things for her "Airing of the grievances" Festivus reference.  It was perfect, and hilarious.  I wanted more of that drily funny Karishma!

Yes, that's right!

I also loved the montage of everyone staring at Noura while Noura went on her rant.  Karishma did the right thing which was stare into Noura's crazy eyes and pretend to be fascinated.

Noura said something like:  "I'll go so deep for you.  Like, I'll make my exes feel so good that they'll go back to THEIR ex-girlfriends and suddenly I'm left behind."
Elaine:  "Noura, you're kinda getting sidetracked here --"
Noura:  "I know, I don't care."

I agree with the people who say that Elaine is really smart and just trying to snow everyone.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, DallasGypsy said:

Dean needs to keep Tommy around for his own sense of well-being.  If Tommy goes, Dean’s left with all the women and Dan.  Don’t actually see him being buddies with Dan and that many women make him uneasy.

Dan’s “red tag losers” and other comments in front of his son are, most likely, not the worst things the kid has heard his father say.  

Dean is the type who would rather be a lackey and get mocked at the "cool kids" table than be liked and valued as a friend at the "nerds" table.   

He makes me think of Tony Soprano's "Jimmy Smash" story, except he is too clueless to even realize he is being used.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I don't hate Janet.  She was put into a very difficult position, and behaved heroically.  But, it seems like the despicable behavior of the 2 worthless scumbags who gaslighted her sort of crushed her fighting spirit.   But, her working with Dan makes it hard for me to really root for her.  

If she makes it to FTC, I hope she rips Missy, Elizabeth and Dan new ones.  If Dan makes it to FTC (please no!) it will be interesting to see if any of his alliance mates call him out for the derogatory remarks he has been making about the non members.  

I can appreciate that position but I am reminding myself that the info they had in the game is very different then the information that they have now. The Ponderosa videos 100% make it clear that what we saw really is different then what most of them experienced.

I am not excusing Missy or Elisabeth or letting Dan off the hook. The three of them were wrong. Dan for his behavior and Missy and Elisabeht for weaponizing harassment. But I fully believe that Janet, Aaron, Tommy, Dean, and Elaine were out of the loop and had no clue what Kellee felt or what happened between Janet, Missy, and Elisabeth. I firmly believe that Productions "conversations" with people were vague enough that unless Kellee had talked to a person specifically about the harassment, the individual in question did not realize that Production was investigating an issue.

And i think most of the fall out for the contestants is happening in private conversations right now because Ponderosa makes it clear that this was not an issue there.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

Well I enjoyed the loved ones( in the minority) 

I absolutely love it too.  I pretty much cried the entire time.  Personally, I totally bought Karishma's breakdown, but different strokes.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, Special K said:

- Janet's husband's unintentional sexism.  "She's done all these great things and it didn't even hold her back to have been born a woman!  Imagine!"

I love your whole post, Special K, but this the most because I am so sick and tired of people making statements like that as though being a woman is a terrible handicap. Shut up you patronizing twerps, we can MAKE NEW HUMANS WITH OUR BODIES!

---------------

I just watched it again and there is, and always be, something so hilarious about the family visit episode when they go from love, love, kissy tears, "the biggest heart in the whole world," the never before topped closeness of these particular family members, dropping to our knees with spectacular, shaking  convulsions  over our epiphanies that LOVE IS ALL...

Then the picks for the love luncheon.

Immediately followed by...

"WE"RE  GONNA TAKE A WRECKING BALL TO THEIR HEADS."!

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

I assume the contestant screening process includes some degree of health to ascertain weather or not a player would be able to survive the rigors of the game. Shouldn't mental health factor in? Noura is either a very convincing actress or a seriously ill individual. I cannot fathom how she made the contestant cut, and it is very uncomfortable watching her unhinged ramblings.

And Karishma is most definitely a useless pain in the ass, but that quality would make her the goatiest of goats. Stupid move. And the producers, who no doubt paid big bucks to lure Rob and Sandra back, wasted their money by giving them so little to do they've become non-entities. Just a lot of stupidity in the air ths season. 

Edited by Hpmec
  • Love 5

Fucking Dean. Speaking of Fucking Dean, him and his mom doing the Bachelor Handshake™ was so cringe. 

12 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Something about Tommy is creepy.  

Tommy was sort of non-entity for me for the longest time but yea he's starting to come off borderline creepy to me now.

12 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I think delusional Dean just couldn't accept not being one of the "cool kids".

I think that's really why the plan fell apart. I was surprised he ever even entertained it actually because he has always given off a vibe like he must be part of the cool crowd because, duh, he's handsome (lol) and cool. 

12 hours ago, Josh371982 said:

Do these morons not realize the jury sees them being Tommy's Bitches? If any of these idiots think they can beat him I hope the Jury rips them to shreds 

I think Lauren probably has a decent shot at beating him. They're seen as a duo and it seems very possible that some of them see Lauren as the leader of their partnership. But still, I agree with you.

12 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I wonder if Dean would have stuck with the plan had Lauren not won immunity?

I think so actually. Even though, yes, Dean is desperate to be a 'cool kid,' I think mainly he's just obsessed with Tommy for some reason. I think he probably would have even voted out Lauren, Janet, or Dan easily. At the end of the day he just seems to want to be Tommy's right hand man.

8 hours ago, grandmabegum said:

Could anyone read what was on the bottom of one of Noura's votes? I'm watching on my computer and the text was too small.

The only writing I saw was the 'will never know best' that Karishma put on her Noura vote.

2 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Anybody else notice that Lauren's boyfriend had a similar type to Tommy? (taller young white guy with a beard?) Gee, wonder why she trusts Tommy so much.

As soon as I saw her husband I was like, "Now I see why she likes Tommy so much." Also, that fact that her head is easily 3 times the size of her husband's had me rolling.

Is IOI done? Like it was beyond stupid but still it seems an odd choice to name the season after it and then just dispose of it abruptly lol.

This season has just turned into such a shit fest. I'd rather watch Rick eat the show and the third person voted out win after rejoining in the last 3 days again than this shit!

I'm gonna need Dean to make F3 and then just get eviscerated by the jury. It's the only thing left to look forward to! Well, that and hopefully seeing Lauren and Tommy dispose of Dan at some point. But seeing as how this season is going neither of those will happen. The F3 will probably be Lauren/Tommy/Dan and Dan will somehow win. Which actually would be the finale this season deserves.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm gonna need Dean to make F3 and then just get eviscerated by the jury. It's the only thing left to look forward to! well, that and hopefully seeing Lauren and Tommy dispose of Dan at some point. But seeing as how this season is going neither of those will happen. The F3 will probably be Lauren/Tommy/Dan and Dan will somehow win. Which actually would be the finale this season deserves.

I'm still waiting for when he makes F6 and plays his Fake Legacy Advantage again. 

But really, if Dean does make F3, I do hope he gets torn apart by the jury. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, Special K said:

Truly cringe-worthy moments:

- Dan calling the other players "losers" in front of his young son.  In fact, every moment between Dan and his young son was cringey.

- "Teaching Time with Tommy."  Ugh, the arrogance.  You know his friends must hate him.

- Dean and his mother's special closeness.  There's always one each season.  The way his mother kept saying "Dean!  Dean!"  Not ok.

-Karishma sobbing on her "roommate."  He looked like a nice, normal man, poor thing.

- Janet's husband's unintentional sexism.  "She's done all these great things and it didn't even hold her back to have been born a woman!  Imagine!"

- Every moment with Noura, topped by "I'm just like you Karishma except that I'm fun to be with and work hard at camp and win challenges."  What is wrong with her?

- Dean.  Just Dean. You know it made his life complete to be back bro-ing with Tommy and the fact that Noura said "you and your pretty face."

Moments I LOLed:

- Watching Lauren struggle during the immunity challenge, the single tear traversing her cheek.  I am SO SORRY she won, but I found her struggle pretty hilarious.  Talk about a drama queen.

-Kellee's "Those are dumb moves."  That really should have been the title of the episode.

- Elaine telling Jeff she didn't know what "extrapolate" means.  I think she absolutely did know, but wasn't sure that Jeff did.  In fact, it seemed like Jeff just said other words and didn't actually define it, probably because he can't.  She punked him, and I LOLed.

ITA about Dan.  What a scumbag!

Probably the least cool thing a young man can be is a freaking 4th grade teacher.  In my experience mainly only weak, childish men teach elementary school   I had to rip my oldest daughter's 5th grade teacher a new one after he tried to punish her for standing up for a classmate he accidentally injured by childishly throwing a ball at kids, without warning, during class.    Tommy boasting about being an 4th grade teacher reminds me of Michael Scott telling the woman in the club he was trying to pick up he was a bank teller. because Ryan told him to say he was in finance. 

I am giving Karishma the benefit of the doubt a little.  I think she felt pressured into the marriage by her parents, and felt the marriage lack passion.  I don't think meant to insult him by calling him a "roommate"   I think is meant, "He is an OK person to live with, but there is no romance."  

Earlier, she said that her experience on the island made her appreciate him being there for her.  

I never considered that Elaine might really know what extrapolate means.  I can't remember Jeff's exact definition, but it seemed a bit off.  

Calling Janet's hubby's comment "sexist" is absurd.  It is just like Missy and the "damned if you do and damned if you don't" situation she put Probst during the TC she was voted out of.    If Janet's husband acknowledges that Janet faced obstacles, in a traditionally male dominated field, because she was a woman it is "sexist", and he doesn't that is also "sexist"

As for Kellee, the moves were dumb.  But, a player who breaks up a strong alliance by giving her idol to a non-alliance member (who promptly stabs her in the back the next TC), who counts on Noura to keep her dubious plan a secret , and who goes home with TWO idols in her pockets, when her name had been thrown around as a target, is in no position to talk about "dumb moves".  She made two of the dumbest moves in Survivor history, back to back weeks.  

• Love 7
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh yea, that'll be fun. I look forward to all the remaining opportunities for Dean to look the the idiot he is!

When he does that, I'd love to see the Jury fall apart laughing at him*.  Maybe then it will dawn on him that he is General of the Goat Army and will have to lie in the Goat Bed he has made for himself.

*Except Jamal.  He seems far too dignified for such antics.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

So I guess Rob and Sandra are just there to hang out now? This season started out so good, now I just want it to be over.

They have become such non-entities this season, I keep on getting surprised when we don't see them for an entire episode and then they show up at the end - it's like, "oh that's right, those two are still here....building a tree fort and feeding papayas to chickens."  The whole IOTI has been a ginormous fail.

12 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Btw, anyone totally uncomfortable at Karishma's reunion with her husband, knowing all the shit she talked about him and their marriage, earlier this season?

I was waiting for medical to bring her a paper bag to breathe into, such was her heaving and wailing.  And yet - I saw no tears.  No snot.  Nothing.

12 hours ago, neece26 said:

Sorry if I'm a cold hearted bitch but the drama of the family visits gets more annoying every season.   The crying is just over the top for me. 😭

Probst was excited, though.  "Tommy!  You're actually....TREMBLING!!"  Gag.  Yuck.

11 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Hmm.  TPTB picked Feely Dan's 13 yo kid to come and not his wife.  

How to avoid an awkward moment 101.  Plus giving the groper some sympathy.  Screw you.

Trying to figure this out....Dan's wife sent their 13-year old on his own to Fiji for the family visit?  Or, she accompanied him but didn't want to do the visit herself?  It's so very, very creepy that Dan, of all people, gets the very first Survivor visit from a kid.  And Dan falling to his knees to hug his son should've been moving, but it was - again - creepy.

9 hours ago, ramble said:

I don’t dislike Karishma like many do, I’m pretty neutral on her really, but I do dislike the it’s become oddly acceptable   to be hateful to her to her face. I find that nasty to watch and it’s just one more ball to throw in the bag of suck this season has become.

THIS so much.  Why is it okay to treat her like that?  Who decided that it was okay to gang up on Karishma?  I mentioned bullying awhile back in regards to how they treated her and I'm going to double-down on that.  It's not okay.  I'm thinking of Shirin, of Alecia (Kaoh-Rong), of Shii-Anne...they might have all been PITA's at times but this group shunning makes me angry.  Combined with Feely Dan, I'm adding this season to the list of seasons that I will never re-watch.  The list is getting longer, and this makes me sad.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 16
Just now, Special K said:

Maybe then it will dawn on him that he is General of the Goat Army and will have to lie in the Goat Bed he has made for himself.

I love this sentence.

*Except Jamal.  He seems far too dignified for such antics.

Oh, another thing to look forward to is how bored Jamal looks on the jury every week. I do enjoy that!

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

In my experience mainly only weak, childish men teach elementary school 

My sixth grade teacher was a man and a great teacher.  He set me on a career path that I'm still on to this day (many decades later). 

• Love 24
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Trying to figure this out....Dan's wife sent their 13-year old on his own to Fiji for the family visit?  Or, she accompanied him but didn't want to do the visit herself?  It's so very, very creepy that Dan, of all people, gets the very first Survivor visit from a kid.  And Dan falling to his knees to hug his son should've been moving, but it was - again - creepy

No way did Dan's wife send over her 13 year old son alone. That's why Jeff probably kept it vague when he said "Dan's son, you travelled all the way to Fiji..." Because he likely did travel with an adult and she was probably just with the producers off screen. I very much doubt that Dan's son travelled alone. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, PaperTree said:

"Be the ball"  Damn.  I wanted Lauren out.

Did anyone else notice that Lauren's ball had what looked to be a crease on it? It was on the side that was against the wooden frame, so it would have slightly flattened the ball -- making it less likely to roll off. Not implying producer shenanigans here, but I just thought that was weird.

Edited by rasalas
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, rasalas said:

Did anyone else notice that Lauren's ball had what looked to be a crease on it? It was on the side that was against the wooden frame, so it would have slightly flattened the ball -- making it less likely to roll off. Not implying producer shenanigans here, but I just thought that was weird.

It did look like Lauren's ball was able to bend. It didn't look rock solid at all, but I wasn't sure if all the balls were like that or if it was just the way the camera angle was or what.

• Love 4

Dean is the type who would rather be a lackey and get mocked at the "cool kids" table than be liked and valued as a friend at the "nerds" table.   

Well Dean and his Mom told the story about how he cried his way all through high school so perhaps that factored in to his need to be one of the "cool kids" on Survivor.   Taking out Tommy when you had the chance would have earned big jury points.  Very stupid move for him that will cost him if he gets to the end. 

Also, why wait until you are AT tribal to tell Tommy what was up?  He could have had a sidebar with him before. Makes it seem like he panicked at the last minute.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, grandmabegum said:

Could anyone read what was on the bottom of one of Noura's votes? I'm watching on my computer and the text was too small.

It was Karishma.  Underneath Noura she wrote “will NEVER know best”.  I can’t remember if we have seen Noura saying “I’ll always know what’s best” but clearly Karishma used the vote as an opportunity to dig at Noura.  Sometimes people will put unhappy faces next to their vote or something complimentary, but never negative.   So unnecessarily nasty, and coming from sad sack loser Karishma of all people.

I hope we never have to see Karishma again but I fear that Jeffy thinks her story would be a great story for a Second Chances season.

3 hours ago, Eolivet said:

I will say the only time I thought this was appropriate was on Millennials vs Gen X, when Adam's mother was actually dying, and he had a reason to fall to his knees and cry. Regardless of one might think of his decision to be on the show, crying about seeing someone in your family who has information about the condition of your dying mother is not an over-the-top reaction.

But I wish they'd shake these family visits up, like they did in Ghost Island. I loved the twist of choosing to leave your family member and go look for advantages, like Wendell did. And they had the perfect opportunity to do that with Rob and Sandra's Zombie Head Island this season. That would've been better TV than "blah blah challenge, now we have a feast."

I get that they are emotional but I don’t need to see it on the episode.  I actually fast forwarded through certain people’s meetings, particularly Dan.  

As for Adam Klein?  Yes his mother was dying and if he was so distraught about it, how about, you know, STAYING HOME and being with her in her final days?  Plenty of reality contestants have deferred their appearance for a season or so because of health or personal reasons.  Instead he goes on the show and proceeds to exploit her death to win the money.  Mileage obviously varies but to this day he is probably one of my most disliked contestants ever.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I couldn't stand it after the IC, when she was like "I don't think I'll need this tonight."

I wonder if Dean would have stuck with the plan had Lauren not won immunity?

13 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I bet you he would have. Dean seems to adore Tommy and I don't think he cares either way about Lauren. If anything, Lauren going solidifies him as Tommy's #2. 

Yep put me in for Dean having a man-crush on Tommy. Oddly enough it seems like a few castaways have similar thoughts about the guy.

11 hours ago, mojoween said:

At first it was sweet that Elaine said her that she was worried her girlfriends kids wouldn’t accept her relationship with their mom but they do, but then did she say one of them is her best friend?  Because that’s creepy.  How old could that kid be?  Parents or pseudo-parents should not be best friends with kids.

We've come a long way, both in game and in (some parts of) society when Elaine was revealed to have a girlfriend and it's not a big deal whatsoever. 

Whatever the show says about Kirishma and sucking at challenges, let it be known that she easily outlasted Dean AND Tommy at this particular IC.

Noura is nuts.

The collection of loved ones would seem to be a far more enjoyable group of castaways than the group currently playing.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Hpmec said:

I assume the contestant screening process includes some degree of health to ascertain weather or not a player would be able to survive the rigors of the game. Shouldn't mental health factor in? Noura is either a very convincing actress or a seriously ill individual. I cannot fathom how she made the contestant cut, and it is very uncomfortable watching her unhinged ramblings.

And Karishma is most definitely a useless pain in the ass, but that quality would make her the goatiest of goats. Stupid move. And the producers, who no doubt paid big bucks to lure Rob and Sandra back, wasted their money by giving them so little to do they've become non-entities. Just a lot of stupidity in the air ths season. 

How did Phillip and Brandon Hantz and Debbie get in the game then? LOL!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Also, did you all hear Dean say, during his greeting with his mom, that he came home from HS and cried every night. I think this may play into why he is so bro-mancing with Tommy and the other 'cool kids'. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, BK1978 said:

You are certainly NOT in the minority,  from what I've read over the years ! Most people, at least those who post on boards, tend to despise the family visit episode. I thought tonight's was especially bad, the weeping, the almost passing out / falling to their knees with happiness. I personally have to at least mute it, it's just too much. 

I'll second that. Much too much over the top. When you sign up for these shows you know beforehand you'll be away from family and friends for more than a month, so there is no need at all for the "reuniting shit."

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, blackwing said:

It was Karishma.  Underneath Noura she wrote “will NEVER know best”.  I can’t remember if we have seen Noura saying “I’ll always know what’s best” but clearly Karishma used the vote as an opportunity to dig at Noura.  Sometimes people will put unhappy faces next to their vote or something complimentary, but never negative.   So unnecessarily nasty, and coming from sad sack loser Karishma of all people.

I hope we never have to see Karishma again but I fear that Jeffy thinks her story would be a great story for a Second Chances season.

Her exit interview at the medical tent makes it pretty darn clear that she is not doing another season. She saw it as a personal test and she was miserable the entire time. The rats and cockroaches were real and she was not a happy camper. She freaks out when a cockroach crawls on her during medical and the Doctor has to calm her down. That is 32 days into this experience. I suspect we will not see her out there again.

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Yes his mother was dying and if he was so distraught about it, how about, you know, STAYING HOME and being with her in her final days?  Plenty of reality contestants have deferred their appearance for a season or so because of health or personal reasons.  Instead he goes on the show and proceeds to exploit her death to win the money.

Your mileage may vary. I personally have empathy for someone with a dying parent, regardless of circumstances, and understand why they would be emotional and cry at a family visit, because I feel that's the very basis of humanity. Everyone copes in their own way with death and loss. And he hadn't won yet. So, in that moment, I had empathy for him.

I have less empathy for other contestants who are boo-hooing the mere sight of their family for "I haven't seen you in 30 -whatever days" reasons. I actually have the least amount of empathy for people who are running the game and boo-hoo at seeing their family.

If you're on the outs with no one else to trust, I get it. If you're cruising in the catbird seat ... settle down, Beavis.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
Just now, Eolivet said:

Everyone copes in their own way with death and loss. And he hadn't won yet

The votes were also cast for the winner prior to her passing, IIRC, so he didn't exploit her death for votes.  

8 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

She freaks out when a cockroach crawls on her during medical and the Doctor has to calm her down. That is 32 days into this experience.

Didn't Karishma also smack someone in the head while they were sleeping because the rat jumped into the shelter? 

1 hour ago, Special K said:
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

In my experience mainly only weak, childish men teach elementary school 

My sixth grade teacher was a man and a great teacher.  He set me on a career path that I'm still on to this day (many decades later). 

I didn't like that Tommy said he was crying "like one of his fourth grade girls."  He ought to know that just as many crying fourth graders are boys.    

• Love 8
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

It's so very, very creepy that Dan, of all people, gets the very first Survivor visit from a kid.

In Panama, Shane's young son Boston was his family visit.

Don't get me wrong, screw Dan because he sucks, but there's technically a precedent.

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3