Type keyword(s) to search

S39.E11: A Very Simple Plan

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

LOL.  And a hard worker.

There is something seriously wrong with Noura.  I wonder if she usually takes medication that she isn't taking on the island.

I think she should be taking medication even when off the island, but doesn’t.   There were  multiple comments she made in this episode that  indicates she has problems  in her  daily life - caused by her own behavior.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, LanceM said:

"I am like you Karishma except I am fun to be around"

oh Noura. lol

On another note if you ever want a guarantee to go on the family reward bring a child as your loved one. There was no way they weren't picking Dan

Thank you for reminding me of that Noura quote. She really has no social skills. Lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
Just now, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yeah but he's handsy and inappropriate when he's NOT crossed, so he is awful all of the time.

The young women that Dan was handsy and inappropriate with were all voted out before him.  Therefore, Survivor will try to sweep his behavior under the rug.

Just now, LadyChatts said:

What kills me about this, is that I don't think Dean considers himself on the bottom.  Or at least, I think he assumes he's better off with Tommy than having gone with Karishma, Noura, and Elaine.  Dean could have actually put himself in a really good, power position this week.  Instead, he just showed even more what a weasel he is, and he solidified the fact that he is probably not going to win.

I think Dean didn't want to be perceived as being among the "losers."  His male ego couldn't stand it.  He'd rather be Tommy's wingman or bro, and lose.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

Dean kinda sucks. He ain’t really playing but is more a hanger on. I guess he wants be bro loyal & didn’t want Tommy to go. I think Dean is playing the Sandra game. Anybody but him & it works for him. He couldn’t give Kellee the heads up and she saved him the week before. Yup! He sucks.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 11

The show has had unlikable groups before at this point. But other than Noura and maybe Elaine (though she's been toned down considerably), I can't remember a group that was so devoid of charisma or interest or anything that makes them remotely memorable in a positive way. The majority alliance is this faceless group of nobodies that will never be asked back for a returning player season because we all will forget them as soon as the show is done.

I think we had this last year, but Rick Devens covered for a lot of (bad TV) sins. But Rick Devens ain't walking through that door, so we're left with this ... bunch.

I can't remember a season where I've gotten to the point where I literally don't care who wins. They're all boring, unmemorable (or unhinged in Noura's case) people who've been tainted in some way, either through unearned arrogance or being Dan-adjacent or being ... Dan. They're not particularly good TV, I don't think any of them are particularly great people and I'm watching at this point to see who's left standing at the end of this trainwreck and for some comeuppance at the reunion. And that's it.

• Love 21

Thanks Dean for truly tanking this season.

I usually despise the "loved ones" episode, but this was ok.  I like that the family did not have to participate in the challenge.

Who made the nasty "matching ensembles" comment?

Hmm.  TPTB picked Feely Dan's 13 yo kid to come and not his wife.  

How to avoid an awkward moment 101.  Plus giving the groper some sympathy.  Screw you.

Lots of gloating from the obnoxious winners. I get that Janet picked Feely, but I lost a lot of respect.

"Be the ball"  Damn.  I wanted Lauren out.

Dan is such a smug asshole

Edited by PaperTree
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Rachel RSL said:

WTF Dean?! What did we miss? Why did he suddenly blow up the whole plan like that? And why did these idiots think it was so important to vote out a non-threat like Karishma? Ugh....this is why we can’t have nice things!!

I loathe the family visits so I tend to zone out but did they show the reward at all? Or just Noura ranting instead?

So I guess Rob and Sandra are just there to hang out now? This season started out so good, now I just want it to be over.

It seems to me like we missed a lot! Because the underdogs voted for Karishma. The top dogs voted for Noura. 

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, susannot said:

Since when did they allow the contestants to talk and argue and scheme among themselves DURING Tribal Council?  I hate that.  If it had not happened I think Dean and Noura might have stuck to the original plan and taken out Tommy.

I hope next season they make a rule against this.

• Love 14
59 minutes ago, LanceM said:

oh Noura. lol

On another note if you ever want a guarantee to go on the family reward bring a child as your loved one. There was no way they weren't picking Dan

Also make certain that you, without hesitation and with derision in your voice and overconfident body language, critique the others as ‘rag tag losers,’ with a capital L. 

As opposed to saying ‘that group of four aren’t tightly knit and aren’t a threat to us.’ 

Do so with your impressionable teenage son sitting at your side and later wonder why he feels superior to others and perhaps develops a nasty side like his father. 

I can’t stand Lauren but she and her husband both looked uncomfortable because of Dan’s comments in Jr’s presence. 

• Love 16
22 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

The show has had unlikable groups before at this point. But other than Noura and maybe Elaine (though she's been toned down considerably), I can't remember a group that was so devoid of charisma or interest or anything that makes them remotely memorable in a positive way. The majority alliance is this faceless group of nobodies that will never be asked back for a returning player season because we all will forget them as soon as the show is done.

I think we had this last year, but Rick Devens covered for a lot of (bad TV) sins. But Rick Devens ain't walking through that door, so we're left with this ... bunch.

I can't remember a season where I've gotten to the point where I literally don't care who wins. They're all boring, unmemorable (or unhinged in Noura's case) people who've been tainted in some way, either through unearned arrogance or being Dan-adjacent or being ... Dan. They're not particularly good TV, I don't think any of them are particularly great people and I'm watching at this point to see who's left standing at the end of this trainwreck and for some comeuppance at the reunion. And that's it.

Agreed.  Noura was funny at first, but now I'm actually feeling sorry for her.  I don't think she's right.  Elaine is awesome, and while I still like Janet, she seems so much more reserved and afraid to make moves or play the game.  Maybe it's me, or maybe she would have been this way regardless of Dan-gate.  Nothing else can be said about Dan that hasn't already been said.  Tommy seems slightly unhinged, slightly arrogant, but he's only ever there when Lauren's onscreen, or they are strategizing.  I can't tell you anything about the guy, except Dean wants to be his first mate, and he gets a creepy look in his eyes when his name is mentioned.  Lauren started off good, kind of went under the radar, but now that she's in control, I think she's become unbearable.  Last season's cast was unmemorable, but at least bearable.  I care who wins, but since both my picks (Elaine and Janet) are on the bottom, I'm not sure they can pull it off.  No one is going to want to work with Noura, and Dan/Lauren/Tommy seem like a tight trio.  I guess Janet is lucky she's with Dan, because that might be the only thing that keeps her in the game.  However, Tommy/Lauren might decide Janet is too much of a risk to make it to the end and override Dan.

And on the subject of Dan, he seemed to have some irrational hate towards Karishma.   

I thought this season started off very promising.  The merge episode sent this episode into a nose dive, and it's been going down faster and faster with each passing episode.

I felt sorry for Elaine tonight.  She's screwed, and trying to convince Tommy she wasn't plotting against him, when Noura and Dean are the only ones to back her up doesn't bode well for her chances.  And it wasn't even her idea!

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

Oh, you missed a good quote from Dan.  He called Dean, Noura, Karishma, and Elaine a bunch of rag tag losers and weirdos.  In front of his 13 year old son, as well as the loved ones of Lauren, Tommy, and Janet.

I was thrilled Janet won, but sad that Tommy was part of her pair.  Equally sad that they picked Dan and Lauren to join them, but it wasn't surprising.

I should have read through before posting the same thing just now. It just infuriated me so much, I forgot how we do things here. 

Such a POS father Dan was in that moment! 

• Love 11

I found this episode to be very funny.

1.  Karishma weeping over her husband, after she confessed on national TV that it was a loveless and sexless marriage.  I get that being alone made her cherish the idea of him more, but I was cringing knowing that once she gets home and away from the microcosm of the game, it’ll probably be back to being roommates.  I am dying to know if there are any post boot interviews where she discusses whether she watched the “roommates” episode with said roommate husband.

2.  Dan talking about how something like “those four are the biggest losers”.  Really Dan?  Most of America seems to think HE is the loser, if this message board is a good indicator.  

3.  Noura spilling the beans, nonstop talking at tribal and then without taking a breath “and she had an Idol”.  Too funny.  

4.  “All that just to vote our Karishma.”   Indeed.  Even Rob knows what a loser she is.  But just last week he was ecstatic when she pulled out an Idol to save herself.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Basic message: "Karishma, none of us really like Noura. She's basically you, only she's double Philip Shepard with Onion Rings. And we just did about twenty minutes of whispering about her . . . but we want you gone. Sorry. Hey, at least you can save the tears until the final night!!"

Uggggggh, Noura is a blight. I just want the season to be over with. I might take anyone other than Noura or Dan winning. We got two more weeks, right? More than enough time forProbst to find the right dress, shoes and makeup to inflict on this turkey of a season.

Maybe Janet picked Dan because of his kid? I dunno. I wonder, though: how many people do contestants give the producers for a potential visit? We've gone 39 seasons, and we've only had one person come up empty. And that happened to Jenna on the very first season. Just once . .  ."I'm sorry. Everyone on the list was washing their hair. Or going to a funeral. Some doing both at once."

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

Not sorry in any way to see the back end of Karishma.  Her poor husband when he saw this entire season.

1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

Btw, anyone totally uncomfortable at Karishma's reunion with her husband, knowing all the shit she talked about him and their marriage, earlier this season?

Yes, to the nth. 

HTH can she be that two faced?  Or clueless?  

The poor guy better own his own business or the 'guys' he works with are going to skewer him tomorrow at work

• Love 5

Dan's elation at seeing Karishma voted out must be because now HE can be the goat that everyone wants to drag to the finals instead.  Rag tag losers, indeed.

Of course the only good thing about this season is that I'm pretty much happy when any of these people are voted out.  I can't believe I actually felt bad for Karishma earlier in the season when she cut her hand.  Based on her meltdown when seeing her husband, she is clearly a drama queen who exaggerates everything to make herself pitied.  No loss there.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
39 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

It seems to me like we missed a lot! Because the underdogs voted for Karishma. The top dogs voted for Noura. 

Janet, Dan and Karishma voted for Noura.  Tommy and Lauren and the three “underdogs” voted for Karishma.  So Tommy and Lauren were not on the same page as their supposed “final four” allies Janet and Dan.  

Tommy seemed very sincere and appreciative of Dean when he whispered thanks.  Dean said “we’ll talk”.  Wouldn’t be surprised if Tommy Lauren now ally with Dean instead of Janet/Dan.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Lilac2000 said:

Ugh, Dan is the worst. His celebrating behind Karishma was so gross. And I wasn't even sad to see her go. But he is just THE WORST. 

Dan is a nasty, disgusting person. I am 100% convinced that he has done every nasty thing he has been accused of doing.

Karishma was growing on me and I was actually disappointed to see her go. Her comment about being misunderstood was sad. I hope being on this show really was the wake up call she needed.

• Love 13

The horror that is the dreaded loved ones episode was balanced out by the enjoyable wackiness of the Noura show.  My favorite comedy bit of hers was the carefully grouping leaves in the sand to walk through the vote scenarios scene.  In a close second was the confessional where she had to mention that she was getting to her point so they would keep filming.  Heh.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, LanceM said:

oh Noura. lol

Unless you're playing against me!  I wouldn't care if your loved one was a kid.  Anyway - I think they think they are the final 4 and that was the real reason they picked 
Dan.  The kid gives them a good excuse though.  (Haha and yes!  about the Karishma comment 😄)

2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

At the end Karishma says something like she never felt like she was accepted before until today when she was reunited with her husband. The thing is, I have a feeling she's never accepted herself before.

She also said that when she got home she was going to be so so so happy.  I have a feeling she'll be whining and drama queening by day 2.  And I'm being generous here 😄 

2 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I was so excited at the prospect of the underdogs taking over the smug ones, that I was hoping to see Karishma, Noura, Elaine and Dean as final four.  Yes, even Dean because for a few minutes there I was seeing him through his mother's eyes.  Well that's all over.

I'm pretty sure the camera cut off the fact that his mom gave him a bachelor handshake 😁

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

At first it was sweet that Elaine said her that she was worried her girlfriends kids wouldn’t accept her relationship with their mom but they do, but then did she say one of them is her best friend?  Because that’s creepy.  How old could that kid be?  Parents or pseudo-parents should not be best friends with kids.

Also I don’t buy for one second she doesn’t know what extrapolate means.  It’s insulting.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, vb68 said:

I don't know. He looked like he was willing to be Dean's bitch at least for the time being.

Wish Elaine kept her idol.

I'm probably a minority on this, but I never like the loved ones visit. It invariably  gets way too maudlin for me. I admit I was uncomfortable with Dan's son out there. Just very awkward. 

You are certainly NOT in the minority,  from what I've read over the years ! Most people, at least those who post on boards, tend to despise the family visit episode. I thought tonight's was especially bad, the weeping, the almost passing out / falling to their knees with happiness. I personally have to at least mute it, it's just too much. 

Noura went full on "Crazy Train" tonight, I wonder how long she blathered on to the tribe members during her whole, "I'm going to flip everything on those dumb asses" speech ? Because we saw, what 8-10 minutes, so she probably went on for hours. She's something else, for sure.

I'm actually glad this season is about over, it's a real mess ! Here's hoping the spring season is better.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

What the actual hell was this episode? Dean totally giving the whole plan away. I was so happy thinking that Tommy was going to go only to have stupid Dean spilling the beans to Tommy about their plan. I wanted Karishma to stay, but I guess she was going to go soon enough.  Speaking of tribal, Jeff barely talked. It was everybody whispering instead. 

I can't wait for this season to end. Might as well give Tommy the $1 million check now. Everyone is playing his game. The only redeeming quality of this season would be if Elaine wins. Right now, this season is absolute trash.

• Love 17

I was so happy about the four coming together to vote out Tommy that I was almost ready to like Dean. And then that happened. And then the tiniest part of me hoped that after all that there would still be enough votes for Tommy (illogical I know). 

God, I hate Dean. And Tommy. And Dan. And sometimes Lauren. Tonight it's mostly Dean.

• Love 24
3 hours ago, LanceM said:

oh Noura. lol

I don’t dislike Karishma like many do, I’m pretty neutral on her really, but I do dislike the it’s become oddly acceptable   to be hateful to her to her face. I find that nasty to watch and it’s just one more ball to throw in the bag of suck this season has become.

I find myself reading here before watching to decide if I really want to watch and if so what parts to skip. I don’t really care who wins at this point. Suck sucky suckage. 

• Love 24
3 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Any chance Rick Devens and Chris Underwood can crash the show this season?

At this point, I’m just like, screw it, - let Rob and Sandra push the button and join the game.

2 hours ago, susannot said:

Since when did they allow the contestants to talk and argue and scheme among themselves DURING Tribal Council?  I hate that.  If it had not happened I think Dean and Noura might have stuck to the original plan and taken out Tommy.

I don't dislike him as much as some of you.  In fact, I don't give a shit who wins, although I like Janet and Elaine.  I just want to see good game play, not blatant producer manipulation.

The whispering and huddling at TC has been going on for quite a while now and it’s beyond annoying but Probst loves his drama.

I’m curious what would have happened at TC if Dean hadn’t been sitting that close to Tommy. That was annoyingly convenient. Not saying that it was manipulated by production or anything. Just that it was annoying. And convenient.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, EllenB said:

I was ready to forgive Karishma so many things for her "Airing of the grievances" Festivus reference.  It was perfect, and hilarious.  I wanted more of that drily funny Karishma!

I enjoyed both that and her noting that Dean and his mother had matching ensembles. I didn't take the latter to be mean. More whimsical and amused.

Dean is either a moron with poor strategy (my guess) or he's given up on winning and is now just trying for F3. He absolutely should have kept his mouth shut tonight and taken out Tommy. I'm not sure if he didn't because of his laughable belief that Tommy is his meatshield or he just likes Tommy too much and had qualms. Either way it was a bad decision if he wants to win.  If they'd taken out Tommy, Lauren is still a much bigger target than him. 

Then again, these people voted out Karishma, who was actually fairly methodical and predictable and made an excellent goat. She may drive you crazy for 39 days, but is it $1M worth of crazy? 

And Tommy intoning "Teaching Time with Tommy" during TC just made me gag and yell at the TV, "So arrogant!" I mean, really, what did Tommy teach in that TC? There was plenty to be learned, but it was mostly of the "Don't trust Dean" and "Noura is still a froot loop" varieties. Tommy didn't really teach those. They were kind of demonstration speeches.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16

Oh, and WTF was with Tommyboi's comment about acting like a fourth-grade GIRL when he got emotional?  If my daughter was in his class, I'd be in the principal's office (sounding like Noura in rant mode) to get her transferred and Tommyboi's ass fired.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, mojoween said:

How 

Honestly I’m so befuddled by Noura I have no idea how I was going to complete the above sentence.  Her conversation with Dean made me feel like I have never been to school a day in my life.

Not sorry in any way to see the back end of Karishma.  Her poor husband when he saw this entire season.

This pretty much covers it for me. I don't even understand what Noura was saying at this point, how can she take something so simple as voting someone out & make it non-understandable? At least I won't have to hear the Karishma "woe is me" whine of the week anymore.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, LanceM said:

oh Noura. lol

Okay so she did actually say that.  Does she not have any sort of social awareness?  I mean we all know she does not.

5 hours ago, vb68 said:

I'm probably a minority on this, but I never like the loved ones visit.

I think you might be in the majority.  I have always despised it.

I also hate it when Jeff says, "It's time to get a little love."  That just comes across as creepy. Especially when the contestant's loved one is not their significant other and is a parent, friend, sibling, child or whatever. 

5 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Dean WTF? That was a crazy TC, I wish they wouldn’t let everyone walk around talking and whispering.

Same here, I know they will never stop doing it because it adds to the drama but I hate it as well. 

4 hours ago, susannot said:

I think Dean didn't want to be perceived as being among the "losers."  His male ego couldn't stand it.  He'd rather be Tommy's wingman or bro, and lose.

It seems like their friendship, or whatever you want to call it, is something like Cody and Derrick's from Big Brother.  Here you have someone you know you will never beat and you decide to keep him over people you might have a chance at beating. It just boggles the mind.

2 hours ago, willco said:

You are certainly NOT in the minority,  from what I've read over the years ! Most people, at least those who post on boards, tend to despise the family visit episode. I thought tonight's was especially bad, the weeping, the almost passing out / falling to their knees with happiness. I personally have to at least mute it, it's just too much. 

I wish they would drop the family visit and bring back the falling comrade walk.  I know a lot of people thought it was corny but I loved hearing people reflect on their time during the game and I loved hearing what the final three or four had to say about them.

• Love 9

My favorite part of the episode was when we flashed backed to Noura "working out" the vote with leaves and twigs... "okay so this is me, and I vote for Tommy" it was awesome. I also wondered how long she had been droning on until Dean finally said "Noura, we're getting sidetracked here..." She really has no focus or filter which is a bad bad combo. In both instances she seemed to not be able to keep a thought together or focus.

While I hate when people start saying "she should be on medication" I actually agree in this case. People that need/could use it going through life unmedicated make nothing but a twisted mess of their lives and it seems that that is exactly what has occurred in her life. I do feel sorry for her.

As we know Dean will be among the first out in any challenge, we also know that any vote that relies on Noura will get screwed up.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

I think Dean set out to accomplish 1, maybe 2, things tonight.  He obviously didn’t want to vote out Tommy, and I think his decision was more of that and less that he didn’t trust Noura.  He knew Noura would fly off the handle, probably even more than he expected. She laid it all out there while he sat there with that shit eating grin on his face.  I have to wonder just how long Noura’s rant really went on.  So the plan got exposed and Noura looked more like the crazy liar than he did.  Second, he made it seem like she was untrustworthy, even though his whispering to Tommy is what set her off in the first place.  I could be giving the guy too much credit, because hey it’s Dean.  I’m in no way saying this was a smart or good idea, but clearly he got the desired outcome.  And if they got rid of Noura tonight, Karisham or Elaine would have just went next.

When I think about Dean and this game, he’s really been kind of irrelevant.  Noura gets ragged on for screwing things up, yet Dean does the same.  And he does it on purpose.  In the beginning he was a non entity, barely getting any screen time.  He was blindsided in two votes, almost got voted off if not for Kellee saving his ass.  And then turned around and failed to return the favor by telling her they were coming for her.  Someone who was actually on his side, yet he’s chosen to align with people he didn’t even meet before the merge and who owe him nothing and don’t seem to have any real loyalty to him.  Yet Dean seems like he owes them, namely Tommy, and wants to be in their clique.  I mean, he seemed weirdly pleased and happy in the end when Tommy did the whole ‘teaching with Tommy’ and they whispered to each other that that’d talk back at camp.  Like he’s finally one of them.  It seems like he’s just trying to find a place, and thinks that highly of how he’s doing (compared to how he’s really doing).

I think Dean tonight burned enough bridges in front of the jury, that anyone in the game can’t help but think of him as a goat.  If they didn’t already.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 15

That freaking little weasel!

I utterly despise all the top dogs now, and the stupid little bottom-clingers, Noura and that smug little moron. What a suck-up.

So mad! It could've been such a good night. And now Elaine's idol is gone. WTF with Noura shouting it out she had one! Two tattletale turncoats, one hysterical and the other so keen to be a cool guy, ugh.

Dumb Moves R Us.

The highlight was seeing old Van Gogh's skinnier brother getting all thin-lipped about his name being floated. Ooh-er, how dare they!

Edited by violet and green
typos
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7

And this is the moment that Tommy and Dean get close and Dean is taken to the final three with Tommy and Lauren. And that's why you never keep crazy people in the game of Survivor or Big Brother for that matter even if they are the perfect goats; they will always find things that you hadn't predicted to make them turn on you.

Elaine is going next, sadly.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, HahYallDoin said:

Also make certain that you, without hesitation and with derision in your voice and overconfident body language, critique the others as ‘rag tag losers,’ with a capital L. 

As opposed to saying ‘that group of four aren’t tightly knit and aren’t a threat to us.’ 

Do so with your impressionable teenage son sitting at your side and later wonder why he feels superior to others and perhaps develops a nasty side like his father. 

I can’t stand Lauren but she and her husband both looked uncomfortable because of Dan’s comments in Jr’s presence. 

But then Lauren made Arrogant Snotty "were the shit what are they gonna do nothing" comments in her TH's . Fuck her and Dan cant wait until they lose 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I knew this was too good to be true.  Damn you Dean, I was actually on your side tonight.

I hereby crown you King Goat.

Wait a minute. Dean will be in the final tribal council with this move. The fact that the viewers support the underdogs and hate Dan doesn't mean that Dean's move was not perfect for his game.

• Love 8