Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, driver18 said:

The Sprina moment at the end was EVERYTHING. I rewound that ish like five times. It was perfect soap Love in the afternoon(trademark) nirvana! Trina calling out his name, and then run-leaping into his arms. Beautiful, ultra-romantic, holding his face, the smiles on their faces, and such a beautiful kiss. Loved it, loved it, loved it. I was grinning like a fool.

Me too! Me too! I have watched that flying leap like 20x! Beautiful moment for them!!! 

I hate to enjoy a couple because GH usually screws over the couples I like (I’m looking at you, Nava and Friz). I’m hopeful we’ll get lots more Sprina before GH blows theM up for some stupid reason! 

55 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It was super soapy and I loved it.

Everything else today was garbage. 

Hahahaha!! I both wanted to like and lol at your comment!! 🤣🤣🤣

Apart from Sprina, today was some hot garbage!!! You told no lies there! lol

• Like 7

I can already see how this is going to go. Nina will beg Carly to help her, Carly will smugly agree, for Willow’s sake (hah), the truth will come out about who notified the SEC and Carly will be back to hating Nina only with 1000 times more smug and nastiness. Oh, and Sonny will join in. Can’t wait. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 11
  • Applause 2

i liked how Sam told Nina about the wedding. I hated the dig "The SEC ruined it." no they didn't the wedding was over. it's not like they burst in during the vows. (I wish they had LOL). Also again, No Sam. It's not "heartless timing" to have someone arrested for committing a crime. 

Willow's ring is tacky. 

I might have blacked out from rage on Friday because I don't remember Anna & Valentine getting the cure. 

Why would Dante have ANY knowledge about the SEC. holy moses - at least try sometimes, Show.  And Carly things has been strained since Nixon Falls, because you wanted to be the cowy cow that you always are. 

the minute Dianne mentioned spousal rights I just have feeling that either Carly is going to marry Sonny or Drewfus

RIP Mistah Sheffield

Am being gaslit again. Michael spends zero time with Donna and Avery. they need Michael as much as they need a nuclear warhead in their backyard

Sonny. Babe. The tipster didn't screw over Drewfus and Carly. Drewfus and carly (AND  MICHAEL) screwed themselves over. 

Gaslit again. Nina has apologized 98 zillion times and Carly has spat in her face. this is such an Eiizabeth Korte episode

Willow you HAD a decent relationship with Nina for months. YOU decided to end it when you were Team Carly and you NOT having one is hurting your children. Die, Cow. 

that Sprina leap is LIFE

Also, Ace looked very jealous of that kiss haha

• Like 6
  • Applause 13
(edited)

Joss wastes no time making Spencer's possible death all about her and her relationship. Cue the dramatic couch sex. 

The look on that baby's face when Trina started to say "ass" was totally: "Excuse me, there is a baby present!" Baby needs to give CD and the Dex actor some acting notes. 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Like 6
  • Applause 12
  • LOL 1
(edited)

There were a bunch of characters today that don't normally interact:

Valentin and Trina

Valentin and huge, cute baby Ace

Carly and Dante

Nina and Sam

Yeah I think whoever said Sonny is working with the feds regarding Pikeman might be right. He is going to cash in on that to save Carly. Or going to make sure that Drew gets all the blame, which fine by me.

You know how you can tell the show was still in Greenland. That smal clip of the icebergs. Speaking of which, why isn't someone getting Ace a cute hat to keep him warm. He is still a baby barely three months old (he was born on Valentine's Day or early Feb 15th)

Edited by nilyank
  • Like 7

It'd be hilarious if the initial tip off was a random shareholder (maybe an Adam Chandler shout out) who got mad about losing money and sicced the SEC on Carly. It's not like Carly was smart enough to try and hide her activities through shell companies or proxies. 

• Like 8
  • Love 5

Sam’s in her 40s and her and Carly only recently became friendly but now Carly is her mentor? Yeah, I’m good with Sam being offscreen if this is the crap they drag her out for 

• Applause 9
14 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Sam’s in her 40s and her and Carly only recently became friendly but now Carly is her mentor?

Recent? Sam and Carly have been friends since the first time Jason died when Faison shot him and pushed him into water which was about a decade.

In any case, Sam was talking about Willow and Carly, not Sam and Carly.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Sam’s in her 40s and her and Carly only recently became friendly but now Carly is her mentor? Yeah, I’m good with Sam being offscreen if this is the crap they drag her out for 

I thought Sam told Nina that Willow considered Carly her mentor, substitute mother.  Way to turn the knife, Samantha.

• Like 6
11 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

I thought Sam told Nina that Willow considered Carly her mentor, substitute mother.  Way to turn the knife, Samantha.

Oh, I misheard that. I’ll take back the part about Sam then but it just makes Willow sound all the more pathetic considering that Carly only has use for her because she falls in line like a sheep. She took about 5 seconds to get brainwashed. The minute Willow speaks out of turn or has a differing opinion, Carly will do a complete 180 on her and we’ll hear how she’s just like Nina and Nelle and Wiley isn’t even her kid. 

• Like 7
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1

I haven’t watched this show in months but based on the things I’ve read, it sounds like garbage.  I’m not missing a thing.  Horrible people running around and horrible couple Spencer and Trina taking over.

I’ll check back in when Roger Howarth makes his monthly appearance.

• Like 3
On 5/5/2023 at 3:04 AM, YaddaYadda said:

Even if Ned did it, it's nothing the Carlys wouldn't have done. So they can shove that holier than thou attitude when we know full well that Michael has been working to have his father sent to the clink.

Two takeaways from the whole insider trading thing.  SheBeast and Drewfus are guilty. And it could have been an executive/board member/random shareholder at Aurora that dropped the dime on them.  The writing is terrible and they should stay far away from these types of stories.  

• Like 10
7 hours ago, Daisy said:

Willow's ring is tacky. 

A tacky ring for a tacky couple.

7 hours ago, Daisy said:

I might have blacked out from rage on Friday because I don't remember Anna & Valentine getting the cure. 

Holly brought the antidote at the end. The weirdness was watching up right when he was at what looked like death's door. No recovery time is needed from this pathogen apparently. Knowing how the Cassadines always fail with their evil schemes, I'm assuming that no one would have died from the pathogen and that the population of the planet was about to double.

6 hours ago, ffwbe said:

No, she said Carly was Willow's mentor, which explains the general nastiness.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

Willow’s ring was a cheap knockoff of Princess Diane’s.  Willow is no princess.

Loved Trina throwing herself at Spencer. It was sweet. 

There is no way Victor is really, truly dead. He’s a Cassidine after all.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Wow each character who suggests to Nina that she should be the bigger person but at the same time "accepts Carly as she is," earns a lot of disdain.  Shut up Sam.  

Giant Baby sure is chill.  No matter who is holding him or how new and strange they are, he's cool.  Valentin takes him (so Trina will be free, lol).  

Count me in as thinking Victor is going to come back and is no more dead than the several times Jerry Jacks was back when he was the villain.  

• Like 8
  • Love 5

I loved the whole IP storyline, and it was just about the only part I've watched lately.  Yesterday's ending was chef's kiss!  I'm actually looking forward to Cody being back.  And the continuation of the Sasha storyline, and Cody exposing Gladys.  You know why?  Well, I kinda like Cody, and totally like Sasha, and with the heifers running wild on this show, it will give me something else besides Sprina not to fast forward thru.

Adding on; I don't actually count Joss among the heifers.  That's Willow and Carly to me.  But that scene where she actually whined "what on earth would Willow want to talk to Nina about"? while the lead heifer shook her head in befuddlement, killed me.  Oh I don't know heifers, why would a dying woman want to talk to her estranged, biological MOTHER?  Joss really crossed a line that day.  I hope this whole Sonny and Dex thing blows up in her face.  She's coming close being another instant ff for me.  Great job writers!

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

The fight between Victor and Spencer where Spencer bonked Victor’s head onto the bar counter was not staged very well and it was clearly obvious Victor’s head didn’t make contact with the counter

That old computer in the bunker sure was noisy. I thought a dot matrix printer was running. It’s been too long to recall if those old computers were really that noisy but I’m skeptical

I agree that the ending with Trina jumping on Spencer as he appeared was a great soapy moment and a lot of fun

• Like 3
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

That's why NC had to bulk up the past few months, so that he'd be able to catch her when she launched herself.  

TA jumped like an Olympic gymnast, and NC didn’t move when she jumped on to him. I was impressed!

I enjoyed the Nina/Sam scenes. Even though they were mostly recap, it was a nice break to see a character played a bit more sympathetically opposite Nina…and to see CW be able to break from Sad Nina mode for a moment.

Is it me, or does MB noticeably slow down when he says “SEC”?

• Like 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, DanaK said:

The fight between Victor and Spencer where Spencer bonked Victor’s head onto the bar counter was not staged very well and it was clearly obvious Victor’s head didn’t make contact with the counter

Well-done soap physical fights are rare, in my experience. The legendary room-destroying catfight between Vivica A. Fox and Jonelle Allen on Generations was one exception. It was one of the lowest-rated soaps of its day, and still the scene is famous. I'll never forget Jonelle's "Come and get me, bitch!" 

Not long ago, I looked up on YouTube the slap exchange between Sarah Brown's Carly and Lisa Vultaggio's Hannah from 1999. I'd remembered it as good, and it was one of those days when I needed to see Carly, even a prior Carly, getting whacked in the face. But it was better in my memory than it was in reality. It was obvious they weren't close; it was all sound effects and recoil. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, CeChase said:

Adding on; I don't actually count Joss among the heifers.  That's Willow and Carly to me.  

Josslyn morphed into one of the heifers to me after she was so awful to Cameron when Franco died. Her demand that Cameron not believe his mother (he overheard Liz saying Jason shot Franco IIRC) and to not speak ill of Jason blew my mind. Her lack of compassion and empathy for a supposed friend was insane to me. I remember him even saying they just shouldn’t speak about Jason since they disagreed, and that wasn’t good enough for her!! Cameron had to proclaim Hason’s greatness before Josslyn would speak to him again. Since then, she has only become more obnoxious and insufferable.

It also doesn’t help that she has adopted LW’s less positive acting tics. Eden plays Josslyn with smugness and self-righteousness with those the character doesn’t like. I think it’s to Carly’s detriment that LW has fully adopted the writers’ biased narrative of her character. She adds no vulnerability to any of her scenes with an “enemy,” which makes the character come off very one-note. Eden has adopted the same belief about her character and plays Josslyn in the same obnoxious way, IMO. 

As you pointed out, that line about why Willow would want to speak to Nina was the dumbest thing I’ve heard in a long time! The writing does this group no favors either because how does one deliver such an ignorant line of dialogue?!? 

Anyway, Josslyn is just as awful as the rest of them, IMO. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 14
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Not long ago, I looked up on YouTube the slap exchange between Sarah Brown's Carly and Lisa Vultaggio's Hannah from 1999. I'd remembered it as good, and it was one of those days when I needed to see Carly, even a prior Carly, getting whacked in the face. But it was better in my memory than it was in reality. It was obvious they weren't close; it was all sound effects and recoi

The slap that Robin gave to SheBeast was a thing of beauty.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I can already see how this is going to go. Nina will beg Carly to help her, Carly will smugly agree, for Willow’s sake (hah), the truth will come out about who notified the SEC and Carly will be back to hating Nina only with 1000 times more smug and nastiness. Oh, and Sonny will join in. Can’t wait. 

This is totally what's going to happen. Sigh.

3 hours ago, jqdeco said:

Loved Trina throwing herself at Spencer. It was sweet. 

TA really had to launch herself so she'd land in the right place. I wonder if they practiced that a few times before filming. Hee.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

It really bugged me how much the various characters at the hospital in the know about Victor would stand around in public and discuss Victor and the virus for everyone to overhear

• Applause 3
On 5/5/2023 at 3:31 PM, CeChase said:

Well that should end.  Willow is bullying Nina in a very abusive manner precisely because she knows Nina will take whatever abuse she dishes out.  And the writers don't allow Nina to stand up for herself.  That's why this has become unwatchable.  Sometimes I think I hate Willow m ore than Carly, and I never thought that could be possible.  If someone said to me, you can get rid of one, I honestly don't know which one of these abusive aholes I would choose at this point. 

When you kill the head vampire, the lesser vampires often return to normal.

• LOL 9
15 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Yeah, the anvils were dropping HARD today.  The Sonny-Snarly reunion is coming. I suspect they'll be back together in time for November sweeps.

• Sad 8
26 minutes ago, norahs99 said:

The Sonny-Snarly reunion is coming. I suspect they'll be back together in time for November sweeps.

Lack of chemistry be damned--let's go back to the dried-up well for the 6th time!

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
41 minutes ago, norahs99 said:

Yeah, the anvils were dropping HARD today.  The Sonny-Snarly reunion is coming. I suspect they'll be back together in time for November sweeps.

Good! then I can FF thru both of them again. We all know it's coming, because of course the great toxic 'love' is endgame, so let's just get it over with. 

• Like 5

From the previews, tomorrow should be much better but today, except for Robert’s scenes, and a bit of Tracy, it went from bad to worse.

There was SO much Carly and Drew propping. I had to mute my beloved Liesl as she was going on and on about him being a hero.

The hero, Madam, was Laura. F*cking. Spencer. And then anyone who was there, including Ace, before Drew.

I assume this is so Nina won’t think of telling her she’s the SEC leak.

Then we have Brook Lynn and Olivia yell at Ned for the whole show, ending in Drew punching him without a shred of evidence he was the leak. 

And as a bonus, we get to watch Willow puking.

All the strokes!

P.S. I can’t see the spoiler of @PatsyandEddie

• Like 7
11 minutes ago, Desperado said:

From the previews, tomorrow should be much better but today, except for Robert’s scenes, and a bit of Tracy, it went from bad to worse.

There was SO much Carly and Drew propping. I had to mute my beloved Liesl as she was going on and on about him being a hero.

The hero, Madam, was Laura. F*cking. Spencer. And then anyone who was there, including Ace, before Drew.

I assume this is so Nina won’t think of telling her she’s the SEC leak.

Then we have Brook Lynn and Olivia yell at Ned for the whole show, ending in Drew punching him without a shred of evidence he was the leak. 

And as a bonus, we get to watch Willow puking.

All the strokes!

P.S. I can’t see the spoiler of @PatsyandEddie

DREW PUNCHED NED??? WT EVER LOVING F???

I also can't see @PatsyandEddie's spoiler. 

• Like 6

I don’t understand why Ned and Olivia are still married. It’s clear she holds Ned in contempt. It can’t be the money as she owns half of the Metro Court. I wish she’d just take her stereotype of an ASS back to Bensonhurst.

• Like 8
  • Applause 8
  • Love 3

Typical Joss that she'll take Sonny at his word when Dex tells her Sonny doesn't care about their relationship, but when it comes to anything Nina-related, LIAR!

Just now, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don’t understand why Ned and Olivia are still married. It’s clear she holds Ned in contempt.

I know.. She rarely has his back, and she puts his family first instead of him. Why is he taking this crap? It shouldn't be for Leo's sake.

• Applause 7
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, VioletMarx said:

suckerpunched him. Very Michael vs. Scotty. 

We know that Ned won't press charges but I hope this knocks the sense into him that Val is the better person to be partnered with. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
(edited)

I must be turning even sappier than ever in my older age but but I liked the Anna and Valentin scenes.  Yeah yeah, she shouldn’t have exposed herself to the pathogen and certain death, but the man she loved was going to die alone and she didn’t want that to happen.  I found it very bittersweet and soapy.  I liked it.

I thought Sam was very nice to Nina.  See, it doesn’t really take much to just be a civil human being.  Those were nice scenes.

I’m sorry we’ve seen the last of Mistah Sheffield aka Victor.  I enjoyed CS and his portrayal.

Woo boy, Trina jumping into Spencer’s arms…..THAT is what I watch this soap for!!  AMAZEBALLS.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

OMG what a terrible Carlys propping episode. I wish I hadn't seen it. Even Dr. O. is calling Drew a hero and defending him to the SEC. It's like there were a couple of episodes of a decent show with Laura being a hero and the Carlys called out so Frank had to do a course correction.

I HATED to see Nina grovelling to Carly yet again. Especially since Carly is 85% responsible for the problems.

I supposed Drew needed to be a hero so that we hate Nina for turning him and Carly in.

"All I wanted to do is support Michael and Drew and suddenly Ned turned it into insider trading."  Carly, 1. it was insider trading, Ned didn't turn it into anything and 2. you were swanning around talking about all the money you were going to make. Your sanctimonious lying is revolting.

Ned needs to divorce both Olivia and Brook Lynn.

"[Willow] has held on longer than anyone could have predicted."  Except for everyone on this board.

"It was a gross betrayal."  No Olivia, what is gross is that everyone is so fixated on who told rather than that a crime was committed.

Joss and Dex are so boring. Without the conflict of hiding from Sonny, there is no storyline for them.

Ugh on the Diane/Robert flirting, If he thinks that his position is going to pressure her, Robert doesn't know her at all.  Come back, Holly!

5 hours ago, lala2 said:

As you pointed out, that line about why Willow would want to speak to Nina was the dumbest thing I’ve heard in a long time!

But completely in keeping with the Carlys attitude. That have decided that Nina is scum beneath their shoes and therefore cannot understand why anyone would want to talk to her.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 7
Just now, dubbel zout said:

I know.. She rarely has his back, and she puts his family first instead of him. Why is he taking this crap? It shouldn't be for Leo's sake.

no. she takes Carly's family instead of him. Drewfus loves Carly. Michael is Carly's son, "we all love Willow." BLQ is very much in their thrall too. if it were someone else vs. Ned, she wouldn't even bat an eye. (she still wouldn't support Ned). 

I can't think of the name that Olivia is (well i mean. I can think of MANY - but not the one that applies here). she seems to love what being a Quatermaine means for her but she hates the family. She bad mouth Edward all the time (did she even really have any conversations with the man? I know she was on the show when JI was on the show) but it really just seems that ALL her Edward knowledge is powered by Carly's second-hand stories. 

honestly like i said at the end of this. I want Ned to tell Olivia that they are over. the next matriarch of the Q's shouldn't be Olivia. (quite frankly, not BLQ either. she didn't escape my ire today, blowing smoke up Sonny's ass about he's the greatest, in Monica's house, ignoring the fact Sonny destroyed two of Monica's sons). 

• Like 2
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 1

Did Drew have a haircut on the plane on his way to PC? Leisl looks like she's gone through hell and back, Drew looks as fresh as a rose.

Someone should remind Olivia that she is married to Ned, not to Carly. She should go live with Carly since she loves her so much and shows so much loyalty to her. And has she ever met Edward? Spoken to Edward? Or did she just read an unauthorized biography on him. Knock it the fuck off, Olive. If Ned is so much like Edward, then divorce him and go. 

The propping of the Carlys knows no bounds.

STFU, Olivia and BLQ. 

CM needs to tone down the crazy eyes.

I guess they went there with the Dex/Jason comparison today. I wasn't a Jason fan, but I'm insulted on his behalf.

• Like 3
  • Applause 8
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, lala2 said:

The more they say Carly AND Sonny have each other’s backs, the more I think Sonny’s in for a rude awakening. I could be wrong because that might be dramatic and interesting, and GH doesn’t typically do that especially for this group, but maybe Carly doesn’t back Sonny when the truth comes out about Michael, and Sonny sees he shouldn’t owe Carly or her brats any loyalty! That could be good! 

Dear god I HOPE this is where they’re going with all this….Sonny is bending over backwards to help people who have been nothing but asshats to him.  It would be great if when the shoe is on the other foot Carly is just like “meh”.  I don’t see her going against her golden child.  That would be so much better than a Sonny/Carly reconciliation (shudder). 

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
28 minutes ago, VioletMarx said:

Show didn’t get into it, but I assume it’s because he thinks Ned called the SEC on him, still. It was a needlessly violent act. 

• Like 7
Just now, Desperado said:

Show didn’t get into it, but I assume it’s because he thinks Ned called the SEC on him, still. It was a needlessly violent act. 

and I just saw the previews. I honestly think i need more chocolate

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, VioletMarx said:

Well you know, he didn't get to throw punches while he was Somewhere in Greenland. Instead, he got knocked on his ass, made to get down on his knees while someone pointed a gun to his head, almost killed Leisl when he was trying to rescue her, lost Victor. 

He's trying to make up for being the biggest loser during that trip. Our regular hero, our Drewfus.

I miss original Drew. He would never consort with ghouls.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4