Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Spencer is a hothead and a spoiled Cassadine scion, but that's what he's born into and who he is. I wanted to throttle Esme when she tried to whine to Trina last week about still being held accountable for her Netflix queue-load of crimes. I don't think Spencer can raise a Tamagotchi let alone a baby, but I don't care what Esme wants and she shouldn't have custody of a goldfish or be in a position to make anyone keep wheedling and pleading with her.

Same. I think they’re making Spencer controlling in an effort to whitewash her but it doesn’t work for me. She isn’t even a little regretful of her crimes and is quick to pass the blame onto anyone else, even the ones that she was told were obviously not orchestrated by Ryan. She doesn’t care about anyone she targeted and hurt and Spencer was her victim for the longest so of course he’s angry at her. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
Just now, ffwbe said:

Same. I think they’re making Spencer controlling in an affront to whitewash her but it doesn’t work for me. She isn’t even a little regretful of her crimes and is quick to pass the blame onto anyone else, even the ones that she was told were obviously not orchestrated by Ryan. 

I like that Spencer's character is not being sanitized. But I have no patience for any attempts to redeem Esme, amnesiac, faking or otherwise. When she tried to suggest Trina couldn't hold her accountable for her own choices re: the sex tape I redlined. (And it's nonsense that Trina wanted to drop the charges at all, but before anyone else says no, it's not something SM's Trina would 'never do,' it's just bad writing period.)

• Like 2
  • Applause 6

I have no problem with Spencer being angry with Esmé. My problem is his attitude that of course he deserves to raise the giant baby, and Esmé should have no part in it. He's going about trying to get the giant baby in such a gross way. Bullying Esmé is not going to endear himself to her. At least Laura is trying to meet her halfway. Spencer just demands things as if he's automatically entitled to them. He's not. It would be a lot more interesting to me if he were scheming to get the giant baby, instead of just yelling at Esme to give him up. Use that Cassadine cunning he's supposed to have.

• Like 11
15 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Spencer is a hothead and a spoiled Cassadine scion, but that's what he's born into and who he is. I wanted to throttle Esme when she tried to whine to Trina last week about still being held accountable for her Netflix queue-load of crimes. I don't think Spencer can raise a Tamagotchi let alone a baby, but I don't care what Esme wants and she shouldn't have custody of a goldfish or be in a position to make anyone keep wheedling and pleading with her.

Totally agree.  That is who Spencer is (I personally love it), and Esme should NOT be in this position at all.  

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

God Alexis *smacks my forehead*  I hope Diane doesn't go spread rumours that you have dementia because you forgot your dinner date.

I loved that when Alexis said the bartender hadn’t even served Gregory Diane was like “well he probably wasn’t drunk then you idiot”. Last part silent but you know she was thinking it.

59 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I thought Sonny's scenes with Kristina were some of his best and most authentic in a long time and the senior patriarch role is the one he has been best in for over a decade now, but which either Benard or the network or both resisted when first Guza and then FV/RC tried to put him into it.

Yes, he’s very believable in that role.  He’s been really good with all his kids, the older ones and of course Mo has always been good with the littles.  I like his relationship with Nina, the have a lot of chemistry.  It’s also just a natural evolution for both character and actor.

Spencer you go live in the closet above Kelly’s.  Better yet, go make out with Trina and focus on being a brother to your baby brother (drink!) instead of acting like you own him.  Shame on Laura for bringing him with her in the first place.  In what universe did she think that would go well??

• Like 7
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t know where else they would go with that. No one is that busy at a campus visits all day and night. I doubt Pip’s partying here with the 20-somethings after whatever the school had planned for them. 

Who would be her next of kin?  It could be one of those things where someone out of town was notified and nobody notified anyone in PC. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Gregory came to town ill.  From GH Wiki:

after several tests were ran, Gregory found out from Finn that he had PTLDS (Post Treatment Lyme Disease Syndrome) but was confused since his Lyme Disease test came back negative. Finn explained that the first test for Lyme Disease often comes back as a false negative, and he also said that PTLDS reoccurs after the lyme disease treatment...Finn got him discharged and he went back to Berkeley.

I don't know why they need this drah-ma for Alexis or why Gregory's health is suddenly not being shared with his son, the doctor.

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 3
  • Useful 5
11 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I don't know why they need this drah-ma for Alexis or why Gregory's health is suddenly not being shared with his son, the doctor.

Because this same story was so riveting with Marshall that the writers just had to repeat it.

The writers used to wait a bit before repeating stories, but that's gone out the window these days.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

I’m still wondering why they recast Jordan when she’s gotten so little to do except whine about Curtis. Not only has she not gotten a hint of a story, I don’t think they’ve even teased her with another guy. It’s one thing to lose interest in a character but she was already offscreen 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

anything happen (heh like anything happens)

main plot advancement was Esme got out of Springeridge and instead of moving in to Kelly's as per Spencer's idea, she and the giant baby moved in to Laura's where Spencer has moved in as well because Sonny's was getting 'crowded" Trina showed up at Laura's to visit the giant baby and found out that Esme is there too.   ***** drama looks all around *****   Maybe Laura will move to Sonny's   😆   

ETA: my bad, I should have said the ONLY plot advancement

ETA: there was a first hint that Epiphany has been out of contact with GH peeps 

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • LOL 6

I am worn to a frazzle with Chase and Brooklyn acting like 7th graders with their first crush. I can imagine how those actors feel about the writing for them!

• Like 5
52 minutes ago, Blackie said:

main plot advancement was Esme got out of Springeridge and instead of moving in to Kelly's as per Spencer's idea, she and the giant baby moved in to Laura's where Spencer has moved in as well because Sonny's was getting 'crowded" Trina showed up at Laura's to visit the giant baby and found out that Esme is there too.   ***** drama looks all around *****   Maybe Laura will move to Sonny's   😆   

ETA: my bad, I should have said the ONLY plot advancement

Ick they’re going for a triangle here aren’t they? The writers have 3-4 stories in their bag of tricks and they already did the creepy paternity one so of course they’re heading in this direction. 

• Like 3

It's frustrating how stupid Gregory is being. It's not like his-son-the-doctor is not going to notice that he's sick.

Also frustrating is how stupid and entitled Spencer is. Okay, he's the Prince Cassadine so he thinks that he's entitled to get what he wants. But surely at this point he can understand that Esme is not going to let him take her baby away from her, whether she really has amnesia and loves her baby, or whether she's faking and using him as a bargaining chip. this trying to sneak the baby away from her is a lost cause, especially since Esme seems to be the one with a brain. 

Laura refusing to rein him in is also so stupid, not only is she his grandmother, he owes her for taking over when Nik disappeared for 3 years.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It would be a lot more interesting to me if he were scheming to get the giant baby, instead of just yelling at Esme to give him up. Use that Cassadine cunning he's supposed to have.

Heaven forbid that a story would get interesting.

Chase/Brook Lynn and Curtis and his angst are so repetitive and boring.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

is it worth it? anything happen (heh like anything happens)

Chase:  I miss you and want you back

BLQ:  I lied about Linc, I signed an NDA so I can't say what he did to me

Chase:  YOU LIED AGAIN.  i'M OUT

Liz:  waiting for hospital ethics committee to decide if giving her job back

POrtia:  gave character reference.  Notice sent to Epiphany to write letter but no one has heard from her (letter received from Patrick and Robin on Liz' behalf)

Alexis:  Greg is a drunken drunk

Diane: maybe it's something else.  

Alexis:  Nope. Can't be

Greg: at hospital to see doctor, pretends all is fine when Finn shows up  finn gets call from Alexis which pisses off Gregory so he storms over to confront her.  

Trina runs into Curtis:  Not ready for DNA or talking to MOm

Curtis You should

Portia:  Wanna talk?

CUrtis: Nope

JOrdan  How's Curtis

Nina  Fine .  Are you still interestd in him

Jordan:  nope.  busy cop .  no time for love  

Laura:  You're being released

Spencer:  You can stay at Kelly's 

Esm:  I'm keeping my baby

Welcome to Casa Collins which apparently now houses Charlotte, Spencer, Esme and Giant Gorgeous Baby  

That was the jist of it.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

How many doctor appointments is he not going to show up to because one of his sons walked in?

Go to another hospital, Gregory!

Let's please move on from this Linc story and from BLQ and Chase. That ship sailed. The writers stepped on the pairing, then got in an eighteen wheeler, drove over it, then backed up, then decided to repeat. Send Chase back to the force, send Brooklyn back to Brooklyn.

While I was rooting for Portia to get hers over the Trina secret, I'm not here for the begging and crying over someone as self-righteous as Curtis, who has some major skeletons in his closet. Girl, he didn't hang the moon. Nobody needs a sniveling weasel in their lives. Send him annulment papers. Go and live your best life. Maybe get together with Jordan. Two beautiful women, accomplished women being wasted on Curtis is wrong on so many levels.

There wasn't much to like in today's episode. I don't understand why Elizabeth is facing disciplinary charges while Esme gets to be whitewashed over a technicality. 

I liked the Nina/Jordan scene. I liked that Nina didn't really take sides even though she's BFF with Mr. Truth and Honesty.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 7
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

Am I just cranky, or is teasing this feel a bit like it's in poor taste? Just start off an episode with someone at the nurses' station getting a phone call and go from there.

• Like 11

I wish they'd gone the "Carly takes over Sonny's empire" route after he came back from Nixon Falls and Sonny used it as his way out. Because it would've given Carly something to do (her and Ms Wu going head to head?) and the loss of Jason would've had greater impact to her. Plus he could have retained more of the Mike persona because I enjoyed him a bit more in that.

But I'm still holding out hope that the "Pikeman deal" is actually Sonny getting out of a life of crime and Pikeman is a fed lol. And Michael's Dex case goes tits up and I laugh and laugh.

• Like 3
  • Love 7

Why not have Carly take over management of Kellys and have her update the place? It hasn't changed decor since the 90s. While in the process of renovations, they discover something - a pile of gold or a skeleton - and Carly and Drewfus can go solve that mystery on their lonesome instead of throwing Carly into stories that she shouldn't be in. 

Kelly's only employee is leaving for college and someone is going to have to do the work.

Edited by Mirabelle
  • Like 4
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I’m still wondering why they recast Jordan when she’s gotten so little to do except whine about Curtis. Not only has she not gotten a hint of a story, I don’t think they’ve even teased her with another guy. It’s one thing to lose interest in a character but she was already offscreen 

Jordan has never had much of a character period, and this actress is the worst of all three.

30 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

While in the process of renovations, they discover something - a pile of gold or a skeleton - and Carly and Drewfus can go solve that mystery on their lonesome

This is literally the plot of The Goonies, starring recent Oscar winner Ke Huy Quan.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I want to know how big Laura and Kevin's apartment is because now Charlotte, Spencer, Esme, and the Giant Baby are all staying there. 

Well isn't Charlotte away at a school somewhere right now to be safe from Victor???? I can't remember but it would be funny to see Spencer staying in Charlottes's girly room . How are Spencer and Trina supposed to have sofa sexy times though??

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jqdeco said:

The author of that piece is saying what I've been feeling for over a decade. I'd like to say it's unbelievable that they've inserted Carly's useless ass into the Ice Princess story but sadly it's not surprising. But it is insulting to the extreme that Laura Collins, Anna Devane and Robert Fucking Scorpio would need or want any help from that hag.

40 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

Why not have Carly take over management of Kellys and have her update the place? It hasn't changed decor since the 90s. While in the process of renovations, they discover something - a pile of gold or a skeleton - and Carly and Drewfus can go solve that mystery on their lonesome instead of throwing Carly into stories that she shouldn't be in.

They did a similar story when Tamara Braun was Carly. I don't remember any of the details, only that she discovered a speakeasy or something. But it doesn't matter to me - anything that gets her and Drew out of the stories I'm interested in is fine by me.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
33 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

They did a similar story when Tamara Braun was Carly. I don't remember any of the details, only that she discovered a speakeasy or something. But it doesn't matter to me - anything that gets her and Drew out of the stories I'm interested in is fine by me.

She actually had two establishments back to back: JFP and McTavish's Club 101, which vanished rapidly once they were fired (and which I never liked) and then the speakeasy below Kelly's a.k.a. The Cellar. I'm not sure what happened to it either.

• Useful 3
43 minutes ago, jsbt said:

She actually had two establishments back to back: JFP and McTavish's Club 101, which vanished rapidly once they were fired (and which I never liked) and then the speakeasy below Kelly's a.k.a. The Cellar. I'm not sure what happened to it either.

I think The Cellar got dumped in favor of the Metrocourt as the main non-Kelly’s hangout. I wasn’t a fan of that place. They could never decide on whether that place was a restaurant or bar and it looked like a basement 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
17 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I think The Cellar got dumped in favor of the Metrocourt as the main non-Kelly’s hangout. I wasn’t a fan of that place. They could never decide on whether that place was a restaurant or bar and it looked like a basement 

IIRC The Cellar vanished way before the MC turned up (well, they're maybe a year apart but still, it vanished fast), but I cannot remember how or why. And it literally was a basement, lol.

I always wanted the youth set to start up a club scene at the Haunted Star afterhours in a similar way though.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

The Cellar was supposed to be underground nightclub as it once was a speakeasy.

20s something Spencer and Trina should have better things that making the huge, cute baby their number one priority.

Spencer - you are fabulously wealthy and as a child you used to have fun spending that money (buying diamonds, travelling overseas in back without anyone knowing, hiring a rock band from the 70s to woo your crush, stealing an election.

Trina - you are smart and talented and had put together an artshow at Ava's gallery a year ago. If Spencer wants to continue his ridiculous pursuit of stealing his brother, tell him you have too many things in your life that need to be done that take priority than encouraging his delusions.

• Like 6
8 minutes ago, jsbt said:

IIRC The Cellar vanished way before the MC turned up (well, they're maybe a year apart but still, it vanished fast), but I cannot remember how or why. And it literally was a basement, lol.

The Cellar disappeared after Morgan was born, Carly went into a coma, and Sonny/Carly almost got divorced. Following that, PC Hotel burned down, Sonny and Carly reunited, Kristina got sick, Carly told Sonny that Kristina was his, they got divorced again, Carly married Alcazar, the Corinthii children were kidnapped, Carly gets recasted with 2 different actresses as Carly suffers a breakdown, and Carly comes back to PC, gets a divorce from Alcazar which gets her a stake in the land where the Metrocourt eventually gets built.

Edited by nilyank
  • Mind Blown 1
3 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Carly comes back to PC, gets a divorce from Alcazar which gets her a stake in the land where the Metrocourt eventually gets built.

The Metrocourt was around a year before Carly had any involvement in it. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, nilyank said:

The Cellar disappeared after Morgan was born, Carly went into a coma, and Sonny/Carly almost got divorced.

So less than a year, yep.

8 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

The Metrocourt was around a year before Carly had any involvement in it. 

That's right.

18 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Spencer - you are fabulously wealthy and as a child you used to have fun spending that money (buying diamonds, travelling overseas in back without anyone knowing, hiring a rock band from the 70s to woo your crush, stealing an election.

Trina - you are smart and talented and had put together an artshow at Ava's gallery a year ago. If Spencer wants to continue his ridiculous pursuit of stealing his brother, tell him you have too many things in your life that need to be done that take priority than encouraging his delusions.

This is absolutely what he should be doing and Trina, a socially conscious contemporary artist, should be doing while also trying to rein him in. But instead they are raising gigantic infants.

• LOL 3

I know the baby is giant-sized, but seriously, why would a room at Kelly's be too small for Esme and a baby?  Half a dozen PC residents have lived there, the Q's - (Lila and Edward) when they were down on their luck, Brenduh, Miguel.   Other than not having anyone around to provide free childcare, I don't see the problem.

• Like 11
18 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I know the baby is giant-sized, but seriously, why would a room at Kelly's be too small for Esme and a baby?  Half a dozen PC residents have lived there, the Q's - (Lila and Edward) when they were down on their luck, Brenduh, Miguel.   Other than not having anyone around to provide free childcare, I don't see the problem.

Even though Ace is a huge, cute baby, he is not so huge that he and Esme could not live there. But that wasn't Spencer's plan. Esme would live there by herself and he gets the baby living at Laura's.'

Honestly living at Kelly's (and maybe working there) would have been a great for Esme. Laura and Kevin could have help Esme with watching over Ace and if Spencer wasn't all threatening to take Esme's son away from her, he could have been allowed to watch over Ace (once he learned how to change a diaper).

• Like 5
28 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Even though Ace is a huge, cute baby, he is not so huge that he and Esme could not live there.

Have they tried? You don't know the stress tolerance of that old building. That baby's big!

In other news: Moving into a big sweeps event where your supervillain threatening the canvas is in a subplot where his dick don’t work seems like an odd choice.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 1
  • LOL 10
On 3/13/2023 at 7:21 PM, ljr said:

Why do the writers think we want to watch a story about Mr. Sheffield having ed? Ick

If Holly really wanted revenge on Victor why not make the toxin a fatal, painful, slow-acting poison? Do these folks really want #justice for luke????

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 5
4 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

If Holy really wanted revenge on Victor why not make the toxin a slow-acting poison? Do these folks really want #justice for luke????

That's how GH rolls. The writers created a storyline around a character most viewers were glad to see the back of. 

This whole arc is dumb. These characters, and probably the writers, still have no clue what Victor is up to.

• Like 7
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, nilyank said:

Even though Ace is a huge, cute baby, he is not so huge that he and Esme could not live there. But that wasn't Spencer's plan. Esme would live there by herself and he gets the baby living at Laura's.'

A seriously stupid plan that no one in their right mind would agree to and I can't believe Laura was on board with it.  Good for Esme for refusing to be separated from her baby son--he needs his mom far more than he needs his strangely possessive older brother.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
7 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

If Holly really wanted revenge on Victor why not make the toxin a fatal, painful, slow-acting poison? Do these folks really want #justice for luke????

That's what I thought it was supposed to be.

These idiots are so creatively bankrupt. Since they insist on trying to create stories from old plots when this show was good, they could have stolen the one where Luke had been poisoned and didn't they bring back Sean for a cameo, as he had the antidote or something? And he was dying and didn't want to give it to Luke? Or something? I believe it was Helena who had poisoned Luke? Or something?

• Like 1

People wonder whether it's realistic for Esme to retain custody of her baby but the courts not immediately terminating her parental rights is the most believable part of the stupid plot. Nothing Esme has done so far would cause her to lose her rights as Ace's mother. Note, I am not saying Esme wouldn't go to jail for the things she's done but the courts would not terminate her parental rights over those crimes especially when she has repeatedly expressed her intention to be a parent to her child. 

If they were going to give Spencer baby rabies and run around town bleating MY BABY BROTHER!!! why didn't they just make Spencer his father? I really hope a DNA test shows some random Canadian is the father so only one member of the new adult set is stuck being a young parent. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

If they were going to give Spencer baby rabies and run around town bleating MY BABY BROTHER!!!

Has there been a DNA test?  Can't they just say that they miscalculated the time of inception of ACE and have Spencer be Ace's dad? 

Spencer behaved yesterday like he belonged as an inmate at the facility.  Laura should have been on him immediately to tone it down - especially in front of Ace.  There is a wide gulf between acting like an entitled brat and shrieking like a manic-Morgan.  NC is also growing from a teenager into a man.  Still think that he has a bunch of talent, and that being around GF and CS will help him work on bringing him along - to include developing some more nuances.  

15 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Send Chase back to the force, send Brooklyn back to Brooklyn.

Between those two and Alexis/Finn's Dad - it seems like FV needs a chemistry whisperer cause his current one needs to get tossed.  The only thing that I could focus on in Brooklyn and Chase's scenes was her living quarters.  Wouldn't have pegged her hanging a large painting of a crane on her wall.  It was more interesting in trying to figure out how the camera angles affected the shadows that the lamps were displaying - than trying to dismiss the lack of chemistry between Chase/Brooklyn - especially in comparison to chemistry on display in the previous episode scenes between Chase/Willow.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

didn't they bring back Sean for a cameo, as he had the antidote or something? And he was dying and didn't want to give it to Luke? Or something? I believe it was Helena who had poisoned Luke? Or something?

Yes, yes and yes. It might have been Faison but it did all go back to Helena working with him. I think Sean simply had the only available dose, not that he didn't want to give it to Luke but I can't remember offhand. I think he initially refused to help them track down the cure because he was trying to protect his family. He appeared briefly, barely spoke due to Sean being sick (though AFAIK John Reilly was well and very able to perform at that time) and we only heard about Sean getting the cure and healing up offscreen weeks/months later.

Edited by jsbt
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

People wonder whether it's realistic for Esme to retain custody of her baby but the courts not immediately terminating her parental rights is the most believable part of the stupid plot. Nothing Esme has done so far would cause her to lose her rights as Ace's mother. Note, I am not saying Esme wouldn't go to jail for the things she's done but the courts would not terminate her parental rights over those crimes especially when she has repeatedly expressed her intention to be a parent to her child. 

If they were going to give Spencer baby rabies and run around town bleating MY BABY BROTHER!!! why didn't they just make Spencer his father? I really hope a DNA test shows some random Canadian is the father so only one member of the new adult set is stuck being a young parent. 

In reality courts bend over backwards to preserve the biological relationship.  It takes long years of drug abuse or abandonment.  Even pre-amnesia Esme would keep her child over all others.  

Maybe they did not make Spencer the father because they had no idea to make drama out of an ordinary break up, so that Spencer couldn't be mad at Esme unless she had betrayed him in the way she did by sleeping with his progenitor.

Watching old clips for 20+ years ago, you can see today they have no idea of romance, or they think it is boring.  They just got Spencer into a romance, and instead concentrating on that, they do this.  

It's like they cannot conceive of any drama that does not involve a baby, a baby paternity secret, or keeping a fact to oneself being interpreted always as a betrayal and a lie.  Then they don't work through it.  Shouldn't Liz's current story be about what her mother did to her?  Where is her mother and father now?  No, Liz has to be in on the baby story.  

Trina already hugging Curtis?  The writers must want to move her into helping Spencer with the giant baby.  

Was there a sale on twin baby actors?  

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Babies are palatable to the FB and senior audience and the network easily greenlights baby (but not abortion) storylines. Ergo, babies everywhere.

I will always love Tasha Yar from Star Trek but they should recast the troublesome Jeff and Carolyn with heavy hitters and make them relevant in bigger story at GH in addition to Liz dealing with her past.

• Like 7

I'm just not ever going to be down with the whitewashing of Esme.  I don't view Spencer as the villain.  I love Avery and was rooting for them to pull off a partial redemption resulting in a very gray character.  But not at the expense of Spencer being the bad guy, and causing Sprina angst.  I've seen enough Sprina angst thank you!  I am ready for: Sprina, The Couple.   When am I getting that?  because it looks like that's all been put on hold to whitewash Esme.  A sex offender, I will keep reminding folks. 

• Like 6
  • Love 5

If the writing were good, Spencer's obsession with taking over his baby brother would be about his feelings of betrayal and abandonment by Nik and Esme instead of this superficial obsession. And not one word about how much he misses that he didn't have his mother in his life while at the same time trying to keep Esme from being in her baby's life.

And on that topic, it's gross how the show demonizes birth mothers (Nelle, Esme, even Ava and earlier Alexis) so that the sperm donors can claim possession. Or in this case, the sperm donor's older son.

13 hours ago, nilyank said:

The Cellar disappeared after Morgan was born, Carly went into a coma, and Sonny/Carly almost got divorced. Following that, PC Hotel burned down, Sonny and Carly reunited, Kristina got sick, Carly told Sonny that Kristina was his, they got divorced again, Carly married Alcazar, the Corinthii children were kidnapped, Carly gets recasted with 2 different actresses as Carly suffers a breakdown, and Carly comes back to PC, gets a divorce from Alcazar which gets her a stake in the land where the Metrocourt eventually gets built.

Well when you put it all together like that ....

That's a problem with soap opera, they churn through so much material and the star characters are on for so many years that the stories of what happens to them just gets ridiculous. Carly needs to take a step back and be a stabilizing (?) background character for a few years.

That said, while Tamara Braun's Carly ran a club, I can't see today's years-of-luxury, soccer mom Carly being willing to run a lunch shop, it would be too beneath her. And although if they have to keep her front and centre, maybe some serious financial problems would open up something new, I can't see it happening. Not only would Sonny not let his daughter's mother try to work for minimum wage, Michael would be showering her with tons of Quartermaine money to bail her out. Heck, Olivia would invite Carly to live in Monica's house.

• Like 8

It is not lost on me that Spencer and Trina have barely shared one on one scenes dealing in their relationship since they kissed. As some of us have said, the proof will be in how the show goes forward after their first intimate scene. We'll see if this big sweeps romantic adventure for them actually materializes, but I'll believe it when I'm viewing it through my eyeholes.

4 minutes ago, CeChase said:

I've seen enough Sprina angst thank you!  I am ready for: Sprina, The Couple.   When am I getting that?  because it looks like that's all been put on hold to whitewash Esme.  A sex offender, I will keep reminding folks. 

Esme is absolutely the priority rn and it's not cute.

• Like 6