Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Cam has always been a nice, well-mannered lad, but for fooks sake, I was waiting for him to throw on a hair shirt and start whipping himself over Stella's stupid envelope!! ..I know it's a plot point, but you do not owe her dessert, Cam!  

I wish I could like this more than once! As you said it was a plot point to remind us of the stupid envelope which I had indeed forgotten about! But talk about overkill! Good grief!!!

• Love 7
On 3/1/2022 at 2:12 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Oh, and Liv. Bringing Carly to an axe throwing place to process her emotions? Really?

Carly has been processing her emotions all over the place since she found out that Nina knew about Sonny being alive and refused to call himself a victim. 

Carly has been spewing her anger and her venom at anyone who wants to listen, which sadly is everyone, because there is no escape hatch for the characters who cross paths with Carly. They have to listen and look at her sympathetically.

She doesn't need throwing-axes. What she needs is a long overdue vacation off screen.

Carly should be re-institutionalized.  Too bad Ryan decapitated Nurse Mary Pat.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I would pay cash money to be in that book club. Lol. And I’m with Liesl, charcuterie all the way!

Or they could do what Days did and have pot donuts which was supplied by Jennifer's son JJ(albeit by accident) however it produced probably the most hilarious episode in Days history as everyone was stoned. 

Imagine the GH version.

2 hours ago, ciarra said:

So is Jordan going to blab Portia's secret about Trina's biodad?

And I find it utterly ridiculous how kids' absences are explained on this show, "He's on an overnight school trip".  "Violet is at a sleepover" (when she knew no-one in town.)

I hope they just forget it ever happened tbh because I much prefer Trina staying Taggart's daughter.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I hope they just forget it ever happened tbh because I much prefer Trina staying Taggart's daughter.

She won't. 

The writers do this weird thing where they start building up a story, then they seem like they're moving on from it. Then they suddenly come back to it, then they pull back. Then they go back to it.

And they've done this three times with Trina already.

There's a Friends episode in the background right now. It's the episode where Erica gives birth to Chandler and Monica's twins. Chandler freaks out over two babies, then he tells Monica that they can give the babies medallions and that they will find each other years later.

It made me think of Nina's tacky heart necklace.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Hey look, Jake drew a picture of Franco.  Or is it the new doctor Austin at GH....? 

I really enjoyed Leisl and Anna today, they made much better use of the Axe Throwing set than the others.

• Love 6
(edited)

I think Finola Hughes and Kathleen Gati are fun scene partners and I like when they interact, but said interaction today was weirdly written.  I think it would have made more sense if they had focused more on the fact that they both consider Maxie family and so they're going to be in each others' orbit whether they like it or not and thus the detente.  But that doesn't mean they should be gal pals who go out for drinks, more frenemies who verbally poke at each other during events they're both invited to.

And I don't like that they had Britt be a bit too on the fence about Carly sucking.  Just say it, Britt, Carly sucks!  But I am glad she reiterated that Nina is family and, all said, she's got her back, even if she's not going to be a yesman.  Although, hey, wasn't Britt not long ago trying to shove Nina harder at Sonny to help Brad?

Finally, I am sick to death of the axe throwing already.

ETA...ew, I just realized, if Willow is Nina's secret daughter, poor Britt is going to get stuck having her in her family.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9
33 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

ETA...ew, I just realized, if Willow is Nina's secret daughter, poor Britt is going to get stuck having her in her family.

Hasn't Britt suffered enough?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

On a show that already has over 30 actors on contract in addition to roughly the same amount of regularly appearing recurring characters, is a Jordan recast really necessary?

Do the writers really have so little idea about what to do with Curtis and Portia that they're going to return to a triangle that wasn't anything to write home about previously?

Edited by Steph J
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hey, they're going to work together too 😈

This was fun!

Speaking of Willow, why does she keep going to GH to study for her exams?  Do hospitals now have libraries in them for nursing students?  Does the massive Q house not have a quiet place to study?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

Speaking of Willow, why does she keep going to GH to study for her exams?  Do hospitals now have libraries in them for nursing students?  Does the massive Q house not have a quiet place to study?

She's subconsciously trying to get away from Michael 👏 who  👏 is  👏 always  👏 there.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

But that doesn't mean they should be gal pals who go out for drinks, more frenemies who verbally poke at each other during events they're both invited to.

I thought that's what they basically decided to be. The past is the past, but Liesl won't be having tea with Anna on a regular basis.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Daisy said:

Savoy
Jordan infodumps Curtis

Axethrowing
Lisel starts singing in German. after pointing out that she hadn't heard from Anna since Switzerland. Anna laughs "What's happening?" Lisel stops and snaps. "It's RUDE to interrupt the german singing!" Anna wants to know why Lisel thought Anna would be in touch. Lisel is hurt. "i guess our bonding moment in the rage room meant nothing to you. I thought we achieved a breakthough and we could put the past behind us." 

Axethrowing
Lisel really wants peace. Anna says "even with our history? what do you think i'm gonna say." Lisel wishes she was there when Peter bit it. Anna says It was necessary but I don't enjoy it. Lisel says I WOULD HAVE. Lisel goes the most person who would revel in it would be Jason Morgan, and maybe Jason can torment Peter in the the afterlife.

Axethrowing
Anna says if it was just bonding over peter, yes, but she can never forgive Lisel for the hell she put Robin through (Daisy needs an infodump on this back story  please, thanks!). Lisel goes "That was Caesar's doing. most my heinous deeds was at his behest." Anna goes "I understand a lot of damage can be done when loving someone can't be returned" Lisel for Caesar, Peter for Maxie, and Caesar on  Anna.  Lisel is thankful that she found true love with Scott. Anna blinks. "Scott?" "You are mocking us?" Lisel asks. "Nope." .  Anna says they can never really be friends, but maybe they can find a way that they can put the past behind them. 

NuJordan looks like she should be Curtis' little  sister, or some young medical professional who's into TJ and wants to take him away from Molly.

I can't get over how Liesl somehow thinks Anna should have called her and now they can kinda be friends.  Finally, Anna vaguely resembles her real self by bringing up how Liesl tortured Robin.  Liesl freely did that because she was devoted to a psychopath; she talks like she did it because she was Faison's hostage and had Stockholm Syndrome so Anna should just get over it. Please!!!

19 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I cannot believe that Obrecht thinks that Jason has more right to terrorized Peter in the afterlife than her son Nathan does.

Are Curtis and Jordan bright enough to clue in that they aren't really legally divorced? And does it matter?

Is it still Hudson West in the role looking quite different in adolescence, or has the role been recast?

A) It has nothing to do with rights. Jason was a hitman who also would physically harm someone to send a "message" to someone to back down or disappear.  Terrorizing or torturing someone in the afterlife is absolutely in his wheelhouse.  Her son Nathan was a police officer and had a rep as a kind guy; he would never terrorize someone even if they deserved it and she knows that. The one action, which people noted was out of character, was when he freaked out (prior to coming to Port Charles) upon finding out that his ex-wife cheated on him with priest Griffin, and shot Griffin. 

B) No.

C) Yes, it's still Hudson West; he turned 14 on March 3 and SoapHub  wished the General Hospital star a Happy Birthday. He has of course matured since he was cast six years ago. He's much taller, his hairstyle has changed/gotten thicker, and his voice change = puberty. 

The recast Webber son is Aiden, which occurred over the summer. (I'm still upset about it.)

18 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

The only thing that gave me satisfaction today was Leisl saying that Jason is torturing Peter in the afterlife.

Jason going to hell is now confirmed.

Thank you and goodnight.

This is the most perfect, beautiful reaction to the episode!!!

On 3/3/2022 at 8:53 AM, dubbel zout said:

Has he seen Elizabeth yet?

Yup, he saw Elizabeth and then Cam at Kelly's in December.  She mentioned there was "someone" in her life but wasn't sure it was going anywhere and his response was that he remembers what it's like to be in love with her so the guy is stupid if he doesn't want her. So I thought the Show might be gearing up for a Drew/Elizabeth/Finn love triangle, silly me! He said he would come see her and the boys, and then that was completed dropped, which is absurd because he's the ideal guy to comfort Jake in the losses of Franco and Jason.  Jake was much closer to BM's Jason-then-Drew than he ever was to SBu-Jason, Drew considered Franco a brother/friend, and Jason was his bio brother.  There should at least be a mention of Drew reuniting with Jake and Aiden if not all three, but no the Show prefers Drew just be a constant stand-in for Jason in  Carly/Carly and Sonny scenes. UGH!!

19 hours ago, Daisy said:

i think it's still him. He looked familiar. 
again as i mentioned - I don't like critiquing the child actors, and maybe it was more he didn't work for a while so he was stiffed. but those faces were really all woodenish-Michael to me. 

Yes, Hudson West is still playing Jake, he's just grown up a lot since he was cast in 2016.  Soap Hub wished "General Hospital star Hudson West" a Happy 14th birthday this week.   He's been on other shows/in other roles as well in recent years.  We can agree to disagree about comparing Jake to Michael in those scenees.

• Love 3

So the show couldn’t be bothered to do an Alan tribute episode for SD but we can spend most of an episode talking about Courtney, who was one of the most hated characters until the advent of Peter? Not to mention that she died 16 years ago and this isn’t even the anniversary of her death. I’ll give a pass to Spencer, up until his ridiculous request to break out of prison in the middle of a 30 day sentence to put flowers on her grave, but the rest was an excuse for Sonny and Carly to eat up airtime when they have nothing going on.

Brasha might as well be on another show. 

The teens were good today as well as whatever is going on with Victor but that’s all I got. 

• Love 14

Now, that is the type of drama we should be getting on a regular basis. The last few minutes of the show were gold! 

I agree with @ffwbe about the teens being the best part of the show today. NC is a really good actor. I hated Courtney but did feel bad for him today. I liked that the show addressed his claim about putting flowers on her grave every year b/c right after he said he did, I wondering about his time at boarding school. Anyway . . . that was a good scene. Esme, Spencer, and the guard did a good job! The guard was ready to pounce, which I liked. 

I loved the Trina/Joss/Cam scene too. Trina has every right to be angry w/Josslyn. Trina doesn't want to be dragged into Josslyn's neverending conflict w/Esme. And Josslyn wasn't defending Trina. She was using Trina to make Esme feel bad! That's not cool, and she did break Trina's confidence. Josslyn is wrong. 

Sonny is such an ass! I really wish Nikolas had said more to him. How dare he say anything to Nikolas about infidelity or his parenting skills?!?! Nikolas could have been much more rude to him! Sonny makes me sick! 

I feel like the writers have finally realized how isolated they've made Carly, which is why she is interacting w/so many ppl nowadays. It's funny - when SB left a few years ago, it really opened Sam's world, and now Carly's world has opened. She's speaking to more ppl than she usually does. She was even civil to Nikolas unlike her ex. Interesting. Now, y'all know Carly is primarily automatic mute material, but I caught a few lines and it seemed she was discussing Drew w/Sam. Did I get that right? And if I did, why would she talk about whatever feelings she's developing for Drew w/Sam?!? That's so weird to me, esp. since I do not consider Sam and Carly friends. 

I'm neutral on Sasha's plot. I guess I need to see how it plays out before I judge but I guess it gives Sasha and Brando something to do. I don't mind them like some. I think they're a cute pairing. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Today's Episode.

Sasha is back and she and brando had sexytimes maybe? Brando brought her coffee. They flirt about Brando's many skills. and Sasha got infodumped and then kissed

Trina is finishing up class. the instructor is all "why so quiet?" She doesn't want Trina to get lost in the shuffle. Joss is whinging that she and Trina aren't close anymore and never see each other. Joss blames Esme for things being worse between them (because Esme MADE Joss have verbal diohreea).

Esme has flashes back on her nefarious actions. She wishes Spencer happy birthday who bites her head off about being affectionate in front of the wrong guard. Esme goes what is your deal? Spencer just pouts.

Carly is sadz.. Sam asks whats up. Carly is sadz because she is thinking bought Courtney (were Carly and Courtney even friends?). 

Sonny is monologuing to Courtney's tombstone. Nik says his heart too.

Ava and Sheffield hug at the metrocourt. Laura  interrupts and needles him about keeping a low profile etc. 

the Heatwave is over. Anna and Jasonlite are talking. "We're heading for danger and I just have a feeling Sheffield and you are at the centre of it."

credits!

Gravesite
lmao. i'm dead. Sonny asks Nik was it worth breaking his marriage to Emily and Courtney's to Jax to have sexytimes with his sister. Nik ignores it  and says he loves Courtney and was going to marry her. Sonny asks if she didn't die would Nik and she be married. Nik shrugs and admits I don't know. Sonny: at least you're honest. Nik needles sonny that Courtney will always be the mother of his kid just like Carly will always be the mother of his. :D (unless you know Sonny decides to hang someone on a meathook). 

Metrocourt
The hotel was named after Court dontchaknow, Sam? Sam says yeah. Carly reminds us that she was close with Courtney (okay sure). and she's losing all her connections with Courtney because joss and spencer aren't close, Jax is out of town (and you know. NOT YOUR FRIEND ANYMORE), and her divorce from Sonny. (so like why not forge a relationship with spencer on your own, you ninny?). Carly then remembers that Sam and Courtney weren't close. Sam says well if Liz and she could be friends maybe Courtney and she could be friends. 

Carly laughs that hell froze over on that one. 

Sheffield is all "Laura i don't know what you are talking about." flashback to Laura's telling sam about Luke's "accident". Sheffield is mad. that Laura is potentially needling him about Peter. "He WAS A BLIGHT ON SOCIETY SO I DENY EVERYTHING." He doesn't wanna play games and splits. "That was fun!" grins Ava. "What was that about?"

Kelly's
Infodump on Val. He suffered an infection because of the gun shot wound + Sheffield dumping him. Lots of Shefield was trying to reactive Drew yaadayadayadayada. Sheffield bad, what's he up to Anna and Drew wonder.

BabyJail
Spencer apologizes for being a butt to Esme. Esme says it's okay, babyjail sucks. Spencer says no, and cries how it's the anniversary of Courtney's death. Every year he made sure there were flowers on her grave until now. Esme comforts him but Spencer snaps it's not about understanding - it's about letting the world know he hasn't forgotten he. He mentions talking about this with Trina and how Trina felt the same way when Taggert was "dead" and Esme gets uncomfortable-mad.

"it's a beautiful sentiment, but you don't have to just show Courtney how much you love her. you can do it on other days  when you leave baby jail. but what did you do when you were in boarding school?" Esme asks. Spencer says Alfred and Ross.. Esme offers to put the flowers on the grave and Spencer loses his mind. "THAT'S NOT THE POINT. I'm FINALLY HERE IN PORT CHARLES AND I CAN'T DO THIS FOR HER, BECAUSE I AM IN BABY JAIL. BECAUSE OFTHE CHOICES .....that i made." (the security guard keeps going close to him that's why he whispers i made.). "I was only trying to help" Esme sadly says. "I know, but you don't understand." Spencer sighs. "But Trina would?"  Esme asks

PCU
Joss is saying that she is sad that she and Trina is on the outs and all she did was call out Esme for mind games. Cam mocks her (lol). Joss brattily brags that Carly taught her never to ignore an Esme. Esmes are sharks, so punch them in the nose. 

Trina enters the hall and Joss asks how class was.. Trina very clipped tells her that heavy participation is involved so answer a lot of questions. Joss not knowing how to read a room (like her mother) asks. "are you still mad at me about the other day?" Trina gives her a bitch. please. look. please end this relationship. my only wish. lol

Vacationhouse 
Oh apparently they didn't have sexytimes. They just talked. Sasha says Brando could have made a move. Brando didn't want to push her. Now they are kissing passionately. "Do w have plans in town?" They decide not to do Maid of the Mist  to actually have sexytimes. (big mistake. You can have sexytimes anytime. You can only do Maid on the Mist in Niagra Falls, y'all!)

Gravesite
did you know that Carly is the bestest mommy who ever mommied? If not. Sonny tells us how Carly is the best mommy to Michael, Joss, Donna and Avery. "Yeah. Ava is Avery's mother, not Carly." TELL HIM NIK. "I'm not here to argue, Nik, esp not here." (But it's not an argument AVA IS AVERY'S MOM). "Courtney would have been a great mom." both agree "Courtney could have negated some of the mistakes I made with Spencer." pause. "This is where you tell me I did the best I could, Sonny." (hahaha i'm dead again).  "I WISH I COULD, But I'm not going to lie!"  snaps Sonny. 

PCU
In a very tired "I have no time" for this voice, Trina says she's not mad at Joss. "just too busy to not answer my texts and Phone calls?" needles joss. Trina snaps. "Maybe i'm a little annoyed!  you made collateral damage when you got in Esme's face!"

"Oh COME ON, you know that apology was as fake as she is. All I did was call her out on it." hehe Cam is rubbing his face thinking "this is so not going to end well, nope." Trina slaps back with "and then you told her something I told you in confidence."  "look. I said i was sorry for that, but obviously you don't believe me."  "I do! I just need a little bit of time to process! You put me in the middle of your war with Esme." Esme wasn't coming for me she was coming for you!) (Let the record show - Esme was apologzing when you decided to rip her a new one, Joss). "Trina, the whole thing was a set up.  She texts you, she gives you a sacchrine speech about wanting to make up bleh blah. Yes i lost my temper and spencer giving you a book slipped out."

"Spencer gave you a book?" Asks Cam. Trina infodumps Cam about the book before snapping at Joss "What part of confidence don't you understand?" (she's Carly's daughter, so none of it Trina). "Cam cares  about you." Joss smirks. "unlike Esme. I am sorry i betrayed your trust, but i am not going to apologize for defending my friends." (BUT SHE DIDN'T ASK YOU TO, YOU DIPSTICK). 

BabyJail
Esme snaps "Only Trina knows about loss? She's not the only one who suffered, her father isn't even dead." Spencer apologizes because sometimes he forgets that Esme's parents are dead. "I don't. like. to. talk. about. it." hisses Esme. 

Now we're on about the book. "Oh that? I give all my friends thank you gifts, much better than giving out thank you notes." (heh). Esme snarls and it just happened to be on Valentine's day that Laura gave Trina the book. "Um yah?" says Spencer.

Sheffield interrupts them. "Would you like me to come back another time?" when he reads the room

Metrocourt
Ava thinks Sheffield was apart of Peter's escape. and Laura thinks the same thing. Laura is not wanting to divulge her theories and Ava queries doesn't Laura trust her? "You looked too cozy."  Laura says. "Keep enemies closer!" trills Ava. 

This makes Laura comfortable. She's sure something is wrong, but Spencer idolizes Sheffield, and Nik is warming up to him and Laura doesn't feel that she can say anything because it just pushes a wedge between her + the boys and Sheffield closer. but Ava is smarter than that.

this was interjected with a Kelly's scene with Anna and Jasonlite wondering if Jasonlite knew something/anything that could benefit Sheffield now.

Gravesite
Walked right into it, gripes Nik. Sonny is is all. "move forward with the people you love, don't look back" preaches sonny

Still at Metrocourt

Sam is telling Carly how awesome she + Dante is. Carly wants to know about Jasonlite. "It's over." says Sam. Carly says I wanna look out for Jasonlite. (ahuh). 

Laura says that Sheffield is going to try to butter up Ava. Maybe even confide in you. "and you want me to tell you?" Ava asks. "If you'd like." hedges Laura. "and you want me to keep this from my husband." Says Ava. " Laura reminds Ava they dealt with Ryan together so she wouldn't ask for Ava's help if she didn't need it. Ava agrees.  Laura leaves

Carly is going on how Jasonlite was acting very Jasonish, when Laura interrupts (thank GOD),. Carly leaves, and Sam wants to know why they couldn't talk on the phone. Laura says it's about Johann and Jasonlite.

BabyJail
Esme is buttering up Sheffield like he's toast before she needs to leave. Esme pauses and looks at the phone at the sexytimes with Cam/Joss and headtosses "time to get this done."

Sheffield says spencer is much like his grandfather. Why so sad? Sheffield wants to know. Flowerinfodump. Spencer goes "Unless you bust me of babyjail!" 

Kellys
Jasonlite is floored that Sheffield is trying to get the memories. Anna hesitates for the entire infodump, and Laura and Sam are behind them and Laura says "jasonlite has the right to know the Sheffield Infodump."

Babyjail
Sheffield is like "yeah no, babycakes, I'm not doing that." Furloughs (since we all watched Orange is the New Black), is only for funerals and deathbeds. "but you can sneak me out of here! off the books!" pleads Spencer. "NO! I won't have your stay extended, or worse join you here in babjail!" snaps Sheffield, especially because things are close for our family. Spencer plays this card hard. (about family) and uses this to push his point that we cna't help you we love, and family shouldn't be forgotten.
"there must be something you can do."

PCU
Trina has had it. "We were so close to getting past this but you can't help yourself." she snaps. "Okay let's a moment and--" Cam starts
"I didn't know you were taking a course on mediation, Cam!" Trina says. "None ofmy business." Finishes Cam. (hahhahha).

Joss "Am I wrong for defending my friends." (proof she's Carly's spawn). Trina: "No, you aren't wrong, but it doesn't make it better when you say there are certain things you won't apologize for after saying your sorry."
Joss "Trina, I'm trying my  best here. We all lose it sometimes, like you did at the cabin."
Trina: OMG Apologies aren't transactional. You made my feelings for spencer part of the Josslyn Jacks show! 
Joss: That was ESME! not me ! 
Trina" It's always Esme, isn't it. Can't you just for once in your life take responsbility? For once in your life, think about what I'm going through? (YAS QUEEEN). 

Joss rolls her eyes and for a moment i thought it was at Trina, but Esme shows up trilling "my my, you can cut tension with a knife, can't you."

Gravesite
Nik needs to remind Spencer of Courtney's love. he leaves. Sonny says he'll look out for Spencer just like Courtney will look after all the Dead Corinthi. 

Vacationtime
Sexytimes is over. It's much better in bed, vs a car. they agree. Brando says it's been so long since Liam. "Let'snot wait so long next time." trills Sasha and then she says she'll be back. She needs drugs  to keep up facade. (I thought she snorted, not popped).

Vacation Time
Sasha wants wants a mental picture of Brando's butt. 

PCU
Cam says "stay out of it esme." Esme laughs as she walks off. Trina wants to go. Joss begs Trina to text her, she'll always answer.  Cam apologizes on behalf of Joss, Esme pings Trina on the phone and Trina tiredly snaps "I don't wanna hear from you, Esme." girl is done with the whitefolk LOL

Esme "Don't worry about it Trina, you won't hear from any of us soon enough." as she looks at the sexytimes video. (This plan is stupid.). 

Metrocourt.
Nik tells Carly that Courtney would have loved what Carly did with the place and apologizes for not saying it soon. Carly tells Nik Laura was just here and was getting into it with Ava and Sheffield

Kellys
they are tying tofigure out how Luke was connected Jasonlite didn't even know LukeIt all leads to Cassadine..but what is it? Laura wonders. Anna says we need to go to Austria (FIELD TRIP TIME!). Laura warns that they have to tread carefully since it was ruled an accident and if they open things up, Sheffield will be on it. "I know someone who can help." Says Sam (if its Spinelli, shut up, Sam).

Vacation Times
Sasha is high. SHe doesn't want to go back to the real world, she wants to stay. Brando swears that he wants to make everything special for Sasha. "How?" "By spending my life with you.." Sasha beams. "LET'S DO IT! LET'S GET MARRIED!" Brando has "um what?" face lol

Metrocourt
Carly and Sonny run into each other at the Elevator of Destiny. 

Kellys
Sam says something in Jasonlite's past is part of this. They mention this Andre Maddox person but Anna says he wouldn't have said anything so Peter lied. Sam's big plan is tricking Sheffield that maybe Jasonlite does know something. (BRILLIANT PLAN SAM. but who did you know who could help?)

BabyJail
Sheffield is saying Jasonlite and Anna aren't doing anything with their connection to peter, but this the calm before the storm, because Winter is Coming!

Metrocourt
Nik wants to know what is up with Ava and laura. Ava evades."gossiping about you." Nik isnt buying it. "Nothing to do w/Sheffield?" Ava says "I'm making more of an effort with Sheffield." NIk goes. "I'm tying with Spencer, but not making much progress."  "keep trying, anyway - let's invite Sheffield for dinner!"

Gravesite
Sheffield did take Spencer out of babyjail. he leaves flowers. Trina is shocked to see Spencer out of bayjail. 

PCU
"Who is being more stubborn, me or Trina?" pouts Joss. (SHUT UP). "Maybe neither., you both had good points."  Joss goes "nope. I've gotta find her." Esme hesitates before deploying the button on sexytimes tape. Everyone gets an alert on their phone. Everyone checks.  someone puts it up ON THE LECTURE SCREEN. Joss is horrified. Cam is stunned. Esme is laughing. haha

show over. 

Edited by Daisy
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Carly is sadz.. Sam asks whats up. Carly is sadz because she is thinking bought Courtney (were Carly and Courtney even friends?).

Courtney was Carly’s only female friend. However, the friendship existed under TB’s Carly, not LW’s. LW only came on 3 months before Courtney died and I think that was around the time that she disappeared because of Helena so they hardly interacted. TB’s Carly was nowhere near as Jason obsessed as this Carly is so the friendship was semi-believable because she was pretty much the only woman in town she didn’t have to worry about banging Sonny. I don’t buy that LW’s Carly would have ever been friends with Courtney with the way she is written. Not when she was involved with Jason especially. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Courtney was Carly’s only female friend. However, the friendship existed under TB’s Carly, not LW’s. LW only came on 3 months before Courtney died and I think that was around the time that she disappeared because of Helena so they hardly interacted. TB’s Carly was nowhere near as Jason obsessed as this Carly is so the friendship was semi-believable because she was pretty much the only woman in town she didn’t have to worry about banging Sonny. I don’t buy that LW’s Carly would have ever been friends with Courtney with the way she is written. Not when she was involved with Jason especially. 

that's right, thanks for that memory jog. 

and I have to agree wtih you. it was way too much Courtney and they didn't even do anything for Stuart Damon, other than Monica quipping they had their issues, and that little clip thing at the end. boo this man. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I like Brando and Sasha together, especially because they are two incredibly beautiful people and I like their chemistry. I hope that show can give them a storyline that goes somewhere. 

Courtney died from some virus, I think. Are they trying to bring her back? She was just an angel escorting mike to heaven not too long ago.

I hate how they are setting up Trina to be pissy  and bitchy just in time for the phone sex reveal. So lame.

Love LWs new haircut. That mane had a life of its own. Too much.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 4
(edited)

I did not care about Courtney when she was alive and I don't care about her when she's dead. 

The Trina/Cam/Joss scenes were actually pretty good. If Joss believes for even a smidge of a second that Trina had anything to do with the posting the video, then I hope Trina never ever speaks to her again. 

Baby jail sure is full of privileges.

So I know that Victor is supposed to be mustache twirling villain and that he is up to no good, but I got a different impression from him today. It seems to me that his goals are aligned with Anna's and Laura's, except that they think that he's the big bad, when he might not be.

I am incredibly jealous of LW's hair. It's NOT FAIR!

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, seasons said:

I hate how they are setting up Trina to be pissy  and bitchy just in time for the phone sex reveal. So lame.

she has every right to be though, it's been a long time coming.  again. i will take it if this ends this farce friendship. 

2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

It seems to me that his goals are aligned with Anna's and Laura's, except that they think that he's the big bad, when he might not be.

very very interesting. I hope this is the case. 

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, lala2 said:

. Now, y'all know Carly is primarily automatic mute material, but I caught a few lines and it seemed she was discussing Drew w/Sam. Did I get that right? And if I did, why would she talk about whatever feelings she's developing for Drew w/Sam?!? 

I saw that scene as Carly all but announcing that she's going to make Drew her new Jason.

Drew, you in danger, boy!

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

Sadly there was a school shooting in my area (no deaths thankfully) so local news coverage made me miss show and I never get to go back and watch later.  Thank you as always for the recaps @Daisy, especially today.  I’m so glad I can come here and read your recap and everyone’s comments and forget about the horribleness of the world for a while.

48 minutes ago, Daisy said:

(were Carly and Courtney even friends?)

Yes, I do believe they were close friends.  It’s hard to imagine this version of Carly having any close girlfriends, although I did enjoy the ax throwing with Sam and Olivia.  On that note, how much longer are they going to use that set???  They’ve used it a lot, I’m kind of over it.  Anna and Liesl were awesome yesterday though.

52 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Esmes are sharks, so punch them in the nose. 

Did Joss actually say that?  I kind of love that, although I’d love to see her try and punch Esme.  Methinks it would not go well for her.

58 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Courtney says he'll look out for Spencer just like Courtney will look after all the Dead Corinthi. 

Did they bring back the Courtney actress for this?  I never liked her so I’m kind of glad I missed that.

59 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Esme hesitates before deploying the button on sexytimes tape. Everyone gets an alert on their phone. Everyone checks.  someone puts it up ON THE LECTURE SCREEN. Joss is horrified. Cam is stunned. Esme is laughing. haha

Ok so obvi in real life this would be over the top HORRIBLE but since this is a soap I am kind of starting to feel about Joss the way I feel about her mother….I can’t feel badly for her even when something legitimately shitty happens to her. I guess they will blame Trina for this but why in the world would they believe Trina would do such a terrible thing?  I would think Joss would immediately blame Esme (rightly so).

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

most of an episode talking about Courtney

Talk about coming out of nowhere. The show didn't care about the anniversary of her death until now.

42 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Nik needles sonny that Courtney will always be the mother of his kid just like Carly will always be the mother of his.

Sonny is the epitome of can dish it out but can't take it. The look he gave Nik after this was hilarious snotty.

28 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I am incredibly jealous of LW's hair. It's NOT FAIR!

I know. She has about 100 times more hair than I do.

Sonny's one to rag on Nik for bad parenting decisions and running away from his past. How does lightning not strike him continually?

Joss could not be more Carly's daughter than today. Blaming other people for her mistakes and insisting she knows what's best for others.

3 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I guess they will blame Trina for this but why in the world would they believe Trina would do such a terrible thing?

Trina was out cold for most of the evening. They all know this. Joss is such an idiot. And of course her eventual "apology" to Trina will be the most self-serving apology ever.

• Love 13
36 minutes ago, Daisy said:

very very interesting. I hope this is the case. 

Victor has been talking about banding the Cassadines together for what's coming. It gives the impression that he is behind what's going to happen, especially because of his dealings with Peter and his hard on for whatever Drew might know. 

I think he's just a red herring. 

There's some big bad that's been mentioned by Cyrus to Laura and we saw Jennifer Smith on the phone with whoever this person is supposed to be.

I guess time will tell, but his phone call today made it look like he's worried about what's coming.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I guess time will tell, but his phone call today made it look like he's worried about what's coming.

and i even forgot to make WINTER IS COMING jokes. but yeah i agree with your post. he's being nefarious but it seems nefarious for the greater good. I will say i am liking the mystery because it's not super plodding and when it is on (even though mucho infodumps/recaps) it's trying to pain a bigger picture

13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Trina was out cold for most of the evening. They all know this. Joss is such an idiot. And of course her eventual "apology" to Trina will be the most self-serving apology ever.

previews show cam explaining "You think I was behind this?" so Joss might go after Cam vs. Trina. (and if that's the case. yay because then Cam can end things with her)

20 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Did they bring back the Courtney actress for this?  I never liked her so I’m kind of glad I missed that.

that shoulda been "Sonny" not "Courtney LOL sorry. 

21 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Did Joss actually say that?  I kind of love that, although I’d love to see her try and punch Esme.  Methinks it would not go well for her.

yeup. LOL. Cam said after "I think the term is "Bop, not punch" tehehe

to your other comments - A: that is sad, I'm glad no deaths, and B: you are welcome. :) they are taking a bit longer to write, but I am hoping it's more clearer for people to read/understand.  and 

C: me too. Like. this is a moment where i should feel sorry for Joss. but i mean. Nope. I feel more sad for Cam than her because he didn't deserve to be caught into that undertow.. but again my headcannon is more of this is the hurdle that Esme and Cam need to get over when they become the true cannon pairing on the show :D. (also. Esme did not look fetch today. I am sad) and I too am eternally jealous of Laura Wrights hair.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Daisy said:

previews show cam explaining "You think I was behind this?" so Joss might go after Cam vs. Trina. (and if that's the case. yay because then Cam can end things with her)

I posted before the preview, LOL. Of course Joss blames Cam. I hope he dumps her instantly for that. Everyone should dump Joss instantly. She's the worst. I don't know how I'm supposed to feel sorry for her. I mean, no one should have intimate moments beamed across the internet, so for that alone I feel sorry for her. But her response is always terrible.

• Love 10
(edited)
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I posted before the preview, LOL. Of course Joss blames Cam. I hope he dumps her instantly for that. Everyone should dump Joss instantly. She's the worst. I don't know how I'm supposed to feel sorry for her. I mean, no one should have intimate moments beamed across the internet, so for that alone I feel sorry for her. But her response is always terrible.

she also stops Esme and goes "where do you think you are going." so my guess is she'll go after Esme first. esme will point out she left way before sexy times. causing Joss to go after Cam/Trina.

what is worse. she is gonna tell Carly and then we'll have Joss AND Carly being all snarls

Edited by Daisy
  • Love 6
(edited)
36 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Cam said after "I think the term is "Bop, not punch" tehehe

LMAO… I just love Cam!

And yeah….Laura Wright’s hair is amaze balls.  It’s so thick and glorious.  Super jealous here.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 1

Why are we so sure LW isn’t using hair extensions? I like her new cut though.

I usually really like NC’s acting but the “I can’t put flowers on my mom’s grave” theatrics were too much for me. And breaking out of easy jail for that? She’s been dead for 16 years, she can wait an extra 2 weeks, sheesh.

Which now takes me to... what if they bring her back the Cassadine way? 
If not, why the break out just to meet up with Trina? So he’s there when Joss confronts her?

And way to secretly discuss Victor in the middle of the street Anna, Laura, Drew and Sam! [facepalm]

GH made my head hurt today...

• Love 1
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Desperado said:

I usually really like NC’s acting but the “I can’t put flowers on my mom’s grave” theatrics were too much for me. And breaking out of easy jail for that? She’s been dead for 16 years, she can wait an extra 2 weeks, sheesh.

Interesting relationship that he has with Esme --  since she neither volunteered to do it for him nor did he ask her. 

They mentioned Esme's parents/adoptive parents again today, obliquely. Psycho Esme would be a logical child of psycho Nina. But I still think it'd be nice and soapy if she and milk toast Willow turned out to be long lost twins. Forget them belonging to Nina. There has to be some other long gone character they could belong to.

Edited by rur
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, rur said:

Interesting relationship that he has with Esme --  since she neither volunteered to do it for him nor did he ask her. 

She did volunteer to do it for him but he blew up at her over it. You don't understand . . . wah wah wah.

• Love 6

Am I the only one who noticed the mistake on Courtney's tombstone?  

It read the death date as February 20 2006

- Carly tells Sam it's the anniversary of Court's death today, so in show time they're still in February??

-if she died in 2006, in childbirth, that would make Spencer 16 (which he should be) but he's been SORASed to 18, so the death year should have been changed to 2004

• Love 6
(edited)
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Sonny's one to rag on Nik for bad parenting decisions and running away from his past.

Not to mention the whole "was your affair worth it--you ruined people's marriages!" line.  Sonny and Carly love, love, LOVE to yell at people for their shortcomings without acknowledging that they've done exactly what they're so ~disgusted by.

Also, show?  If Courtney died on the day Spencer was born and you show her gravestone with the death date of 2006 you're telling me Spencer just turned 16.  Think about that and do better.

"Apologies aren't transactional."  Oh, Trina, you sweet summer child.  Don't you know you're talking to Spawn of Carly?  That's exactly what they are.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 14

Spencer was being a brat today. Like your mother would want you to commit MORE crime and break out of prison to bring her flowers.  

If Joss blames Cam or Trina for the sex tape, I hope they say "Hey remember when you totally disowned Cam for having the gall to think a professional murderer might have murdered a guy he hated? Cuz wrongly accusing your nothing but kind and loyal boyfriend or best friend of totally betraying you in the most disgusting way is kinda worse than that!"

• Love 11

I cannot BELIEVE that the Metro Court was named after Courtney. (I was on a GH break then.) But that is the lamest tribute ever. It's like giving someone named Simon Street a tribute by naming a road Metro Street.

Damn, I wish I had Trina by my side every day. Imagine being that mad, but still able to clinically eviscerate the logic of the person you're mad at! She is always so good for not only standing up for herself, but giving little morality lessons in the bargain.....  I just saw the actress will be leaving mid-March, which is a bummer, but I hope they assign the Trina writer to her replacement. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I swear to God if they bring that soppy twat back from the dead...

Are we going to get anyone visiting Tony's grave next week? They died within hours/days of each other. Plus he was actually a compelling character.

Edited by Grinaldi
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

While I hated Courtney like just about everyone else did. There was a time where I didn't hate her and that was when she was married to AJ and didn't care for Sonny/Jason much course that was short lived. Then pretty much hated her ever since.

That being said I don't think she's coming back I think it might be revealed it was Victor who released the virus that killed her(at least that's what I prefer this to be the case). 

Sadly I think Courtney would've made a better parent to Spencer than Nik tbh.

• Love 3
(edited)
15 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

It’s debatable. I recall that SL where Liz was the surrogate for Courtney and Jax’s baby during their 5 second marriage. Despite the fact that the baby was her idea, she wanted nothing to do with the pregnancy/future baby once she banged Nikolas and left Jax for him. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Why is it February 20th? So that Spencer can still be in babyjail? He's been in there 33 days now real time.

How can Spencer be leaving flowers on his mother's grave every year when he was in France for years? You want to honour your mother? Give set up a charitable foundation in her name.  I did enjoy him manipulating Victor though.

Why is Carly still talking about Sonny and Nina? She's reaching the point where constantly talking about it is doing more harm than good for Carly.

Joss: "Some of it's on me because I'm rarely there between classes and volleyball." Oh Joss, you never think that it's on you because of how your treat Trina when she asks you to back off. I know that Trina only went off on her because of the Esme conflict but it was beautiful while it lasted.

Even after Trina told Joss how upset she was, Joss is still asking "Who's more stubborn, me or Trina?" Joss is still obsessed with herself and not caring that Trina is hurt.

Peak hypocrisy of Sonny blasting Nik for mistakes with raising Nik when he shot Michael in the head and  his life choices led to Morgan's death.

It was fun having the professor (called Kahn in my closed captioning) talk about Rousseau, Locke and Bentham. I remember the essay I had to write on Bentham and J.S. Mill in first year only it was in philosophy, not criminology.

14 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Speaking of Willow, why does she keep going to GH to study for her exams?  Do hospitals now have libraries in them for nursing students? 

A hospital the size of GH would have a library and hospital libraries tend to be very quiet because hardly anyone goes there. It's been a few years since I've been in one though and it may be different now that most research is published on-line.-

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why is it February 20th? So that Spencer can still be in babyjail? He's been in there 33 days now real time.

How can Spencer be leaving flowers on his mother's grave every year when he was in France for years? You want to honour your mother? Give set up a charitable foundation in her name.  I did enjoy him manipulating Victor though.

The show brought back Deception so maybe it's time to bring back My Foudation. Spencer can rename it Her Foundation or My Mother's Foundation.

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

The bar is set very low, but this is a woman shot a cop in the back and tied a dog to a railing in a burning building.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

How can Spencer be leaving flowers on his mother's grave every year when he was in France for years?

Most likely he paid people or asked relatives to do so

• Love 1
On 2/21/2022 at 5:47 PM, Blackie said:

Yes I agree. I haven't always been the biggest Genie fan, mostly because of the old time style of soap opera over acting. But like you said perfectly she has been mostly organic and realistic lately and I am liking it a lot!

We're seeing Genie now and not Laura. After 45 years of playing the character off-and-on, I'm thinking Laura Collins is like a comfortable pair of slippers that Genie can slide into with minimal effort. She has been very natural lately, I'm hoping Luke isn't actually dead and they can be reunited for a bit, it would be nice for him to see how his "Angel" has grown.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

How can Spencer be leaving flowers on his mother's grave every year when he was in France for years? 

He said that Alfred (who was the butler I think) and someone else used to do it for him.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

he said that he asked Albert or "Russ" to do it and that was partially why he was so upset. this was the first time in years he was home and could do it himself but he was in babyjail

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

bringing up how Liesl tortured Robin. 

I think there was a female day player doing the overseas torture via electroshock on Robin.  Nonetheless, previous edition Liesl was a horrible and vile thugress.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Daisy said:

he said that he asked Albert or "Russ" to do it and that was partially why he was so upset. this was the first time in years he was home and could do it himself but he was in babyjail

I thought was the Cassadine's driver who ended up watching of Spencer as he went on his antics (including stealing a mayoral election). His name was Chandler though.

See clip

• Love 1