Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ciarra said:

Oh, but it's a raging torrent.  Under a footbridge. 

Maybe it's like the Metro Court Pool.  "Help, I'm drowning!".  "Stand up."

Maybe she'll end up on the Pennsylvania side of the river, and get to start her life all over.  It's like Felicia's tree proverb.  When's the best time to get out of Port Charles?  20 years ago.  When is the second best?  Right now.

This is an amazing post, and I didn't feel that liking it was enough. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I want need Rocco and Danny in a scene together so I can tell them apart, LOL.

I have no trouble telling those two apart, it’s Danny and Aiden who I can’t tell apart

• Like 1
On 9/18/2024 at 3:59 PM, dubbel zout said:

I laughed at the dramatic way they showed Alexis entering Pentonville. Hearing more than once that she's already been there undercuts the whole sequence. None of this is new to her.

When that female prison guard whipped her around to face forward and was making her wince a little as the guard was doing something rough to her back, all I could think was that it was the same sex choreography they always made her do with Julian. 

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Why is Ric so aggressively pursuing Elizabeth even as she says no? What is wrong with this show? Franco went after her in the creepiest ways and it was never properly acknowledged. And now Ric keeps pushing to have a relationship with Elizabeth when she's been very clear she's not interested.

My take was that this is only like the second time they've hung out, and the first time he asked if there was a chance. He was pretty respectful of her answer. (So far.)

• Like 1

When Jason is done pretending he knows how to play poker can he retrieve my car from the lot, it's the white Camry. ..I mean, could they not find a jacket for him that did not make him look like a last minute fill-in valet?! And I'm sorry, but he and Anna's phone stealing spycraft make Sam and Spinelli's work on Cates look like 007! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3