Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I don't know how old Dex is supposed to be but the actor is 27. So yeah I think that is too young to be Gio's dad. Lol even though I know they have had actors close in age playing parent and child. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Let me get this straight: Dex, a combat vet, wasn’t able to defend his ass from Mooby? I didn’t see anyone holding Dex still so Mooby could punch him in the face.

Now weddings have…after parties? Isn’t that what receptions are for? And didn’t they have that when they were all at the Metro Court?

• Like 11

My rule to survive a wedding is the same as for an abduction: Never let them take you to a second location ..let alone a third! 

18 hours ago, tessabq said:

TJ: "What was Kristina thinking, going to a WEDDING?"

To be fair though, you probably have a pretty good chance of being exposed to bombs, bullets, or fisticuffs at a Port Charles wedding. Not as dangerous as the Nurses Ball though!

• LOL 11
8 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

Jason's no longer a hitman, and currently working with law enforcement.  I can see Anna appreciating/admiring that

Not by choice. He’s only in it to protect Carly and thinks Jagger will give him the recording of Carly after Jason does his part. And if Sonny offered him his old job, he’d take it in a heartbeat.

• Like 3
(edited)
23 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Not by choice. He’s only in it to protect Carly and thinks Jagger will give him the recording of Carly after Jason does his part. And if Sonny offered him his old job, he’d take it in a heartbeat.

And with Mulcahey gone, Jagger will be proven and shown as dirty, evidence will disappear-a la Jar-Jar Binks, Jason will be free, Mooby will be back on his proper meds, and he and Jason will make up.

And with Sam the ever incompetent PI, her trying to get the goods on the FBI is seeding the eventual break up with Dante. Which I won’t mind at all.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
50 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Let me get this straight: Dex, a combat vet, wasn’t able to defend his ass from Mooby? I didn’t see anyone holding Dex still so Mooby could punch him in the face.

Dex deliberately didn't fight back.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

But he couldn’t have defended himself? Block Mooby’s fists? Oh wait. I forgot; Dex is all pure and good now.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Dex wasn't worried about returning Spencer's punches.  I know Sonny is supposed to be this awesome boxer, but really, I'm sure Dex could put a hold on him or at the very least, outrun him.

Oh, I guess Anna will show up and have to lay charges, and bring up Cyrus' statement.

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 3
20 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Based on the promos, does anyone else think Sonny is going to cause Kristina to miscarry, proving TJ right all along? Yikes.

I think this is possible. I also wonder if finally Sonny will be arrested for something. I can imagine that at some point, someone takes his blood to check for something (drugs?) and discovers that he's under-medicated. Although, having two people whose bad behavior is rationalized by medical issues (Sonny and Heather) might be too much. 

• Like 7

I had completely forgotten Drew was in Afghanistan. I was wondering if Brando was Gio's father, which would bring Gio into Sonny's family.

Given that we know Cody is the son Mac never knew (and still doesn't know) he had, we don't really need another man-has-son-he-never-knew-he-had right now.

• Like 7
On 5/17/2024 at 9:00 PM, Winston Wolfe said:

Based on the promos, does anyone else think Sonny is going to cause Kristina to miscarry, proving TJ right all along? Yikes.

Lord, I hope not. The last thing TJ needs is another reason to say "I told you so."

But with the continued foreshadowing of Alexis thinking Kristina's growing too attached to the baby, and talking to Diane about the murky legality of the surrogacy contract, I think the plan has been that Kristina will decide to keep the baby (to raise it with Blaze?) and this will set off a war between the sisters. At which time TJ can say "I told you so." So I guess he wins either way.

3 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

Given that we know Cody is the son Mac never knew (and still doesn't know) he had, we don't really need another man-has-son-he-never-knew-he-had right now.

Maybe Cody, the pop-up insta son of Mac, can be the pop-up insta dad to Gio. Who, if he's lucky, can someday have an unknown spawn of his own. And on and on, because the best soap dads are the ones you never knew you had. And the best soap kids are the ones you never had to raise. (Just ask Drew and Jason.)

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3

I found myself enjoying the wedding scenes. It was fun to see so many cast members together.

On another note, can someone give Kate M the memo that pregnant women do not constantly touch their stomachs? She does it almost every scene. (I can’t remember if she did this as Abby on Days). That being said, I did not like how she played Abby on Days, but I am loving her as Kristina.

• Like 8
(edited)
On 5/17/2024 at 4:29 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Sam wanting to investigate the FBI is just dumb, but if she finds out that Jason went undercover and stayed away because of Carly, then it will be worth it.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Edited by Lugal
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7

Andre Braugher was the absolute BEST. If you’ve never seen “Men of a Certain Age”, do yourselves a favor and seek it out.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
12 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

and this will set off a war between the sisters. At which time TJ can say "I told you so." So I guess he wins either way.

Well, being a self-righteous asshole who knows everything and is right about everything means he always wins anyway. 🙄

Say it with me everyone: STFU, TJ.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
On 5/18/2024 at 2:57 PM, dubbel zout said:
On 5/18/2024 at 2:06 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

And remember: according to Diane, Sonny is 180 pounds of pure muscle.

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
(edited)

In the immortal words of Homer Simpson, "Now, what is a wedding? Well, Webster's Dictionary defines a wedding as 'the process of removing weeds from one's garden'."  

I guess that's what Sonny was trying to do!

Oh, BTW, belatedly, I guess we know why MB in his recent tweet (assuring a worried fan that he's loving the new direction of the writing) only specified that he has complete faith in Elizabeth Korte. That was a few days before we learned that Patrick Mulcahey (who went unmentioned) is out. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2

<<I had completely forgotten Drew was in Afghanistan. I was wondering if Brando was Gio's father, which would bring Gio into Sonny's family.>>

Unnecessary - he is already Sonny-adjacent, being from Bensonhurst and part of Lois' family.

<<Given that we know Cody is the son Mac never knew (and still doesn't know) he had, we don't really need another man-has-son-he-never-knew-he-had right now.>>  

Well, I already like Gio better than Oscar, so I guess that is an upgrade?  But, if he gets involved with Joss (which he will), I reserve the right to change my mind...

Also - new subject - do we know why the sudden change of writers AGAIN?  (I apologize if this is covered on one of the other boards - this is the only one I read - just point me in that direction if needed)

On 5/19/2024 at 1:04 AM, 30 Helens said:

Based on the promos, does anyone else think Sonny is going to cause Kristina to miscarry, proving TJ right all along? Yikes

no matter what happens, TJ sucks, and  Molly isn't far behind him (though I think this actress is pretty good).  I'm just hoping Kristina sees Sonny for who he is and cuts him out of her life - though with the youth center, that may be tough...

• Like 2
20 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

If anyone should cause Kristina to miscarry, it should be TJ, but that won't happen. Sigh.

LOVE this idea!  So soapy

• Like 5
1 hour ago, MarciNJ said:

Also - new subject - do we know why the sudden change of writers AGAIN?  (I apologize if this is covered on one of the other boards - this is the only one I read - just point me in that direction if needed)

It's being discussed in the media thread.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, tessabq said:

I think the one reason Dex did not fight back was that no one saw Sonny strike the first blow. 

I'm no fan of Dex, but he could have raised his arm to block the blow, with all his fighting experience. Unless you're saying that he didn't see Mooby's fist coming? That it was a sucker punch?

• Like 3

@GHScorpiosRule That's correct. Sonny had turned away, and Dex put his hand on Sonny's arm, trying to assure him he's not an enemy. Sonny was outraged about being touched. He yanked his arm away and sucker punched Dex in the face. Next thing you see, Dex's eye is bloody and Sonny is attacking him. Jason found them and restrained Sonny just after he kicked Dex in the gut area.

• Useful 1

That seemed to be the end of the road for Gregory, which would be infinitely sad.

Not sure what to make of Kristina just figuring out what her father is. I feel like we've done this before.

Chase and BLQ are giving Willow and Michael a run for their money.

• Like 2
  • Sad 6
(edited)

I really wanted a woman to either be in the ladies' restroom already or enter to see this older man harassing a young pregnant woman, yell at him and call the police. Does the Show realize the message, when Carly basically told him your daughter will get past this, after some time you just remind/show her the loving father you've always been. It truly shows their utter lack of character that Carly and Jason are both well aware that pregnant Kristina was there, but they were totally worried about Sonny and are all teary eyed over him. Zero concern for Kristina or Dex's physical or mental state. For a loving father, Sonny sure didn't utter one word of worry about Kristina's physical or mental state either. All self-pity that "my daughter's afraid of me."

Kudos to KM today for her acting of Kristina. Gregory/Finn and Finn/Alexis on phone scenes were well done, too. Alexis is a much better fit for Finn as a love interest. I'm confused about the Gregory montage, though, especially because Tracy wasn't in it. 

Glad that BLQ and Chase finally addressed the Jackie topic, although Chase was way too nonchalant about his mother missing. Do the actors and the Show realize that BLQ being wrapped up like wintertime when it's spring, and reaching several inches to kiss her husband, makes it seems like she's not actually attracted to him? It's a noticeably odd wedding night. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 11
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Alexis is a much better bit for Finn as a love interest.

They tried them briefly. They don't have the chemistry, not that kind. Finn and Alexis work as friends.

Imagine (shocking, I know), had Finn had those scenes with Elizabeth, and at the end she told him to reach out to his sponsor.  It's so frustrating. Finn and Elizabeth have only been given good writing the first two months the show played with the idea of them. 

And in those few months, there was interest in the pairing, although just about everyone--including the show wisely--felt it was too soon after Franco's death. But then the writing fell apart, the pacing for them is a disaster. Instead of looking at those two very clear and obvious factors, its all oh, they don't have chemistry. So they did have chemistry randomly for a couple of months when their story began and the writing was good....

But when they were ignored by the show, the writing for them turned to crap on a cracker, and the pacing was beyond terrible suddenly they had no chemistry. Hmm.....

Both RH and ME have shown over decades in this industry what they can do. And, again, their first few months paired were promising. Then the writing and pacing went to hell in a handbasket.  Not one pairing on this show has suffered as consistently for as long under this regime and the last and the last as these two.

For goodness' sake, Elizabeth has history with dealing with an addict in a relationship!!! There is STORY here. But heaven forbid any regime write for this pair. Heaven forbid any regime write for Elizabeth!

So. Frustrating!

Edited by driver18
  • Like 5
  • Applause 6

Shut up, Violet. Not everyone wants babies.

OMG, a Jackie mention! She was on assignment "halfway around the world" and apparently bailed on the wedding because it might be awkward with Finn. What a coward. And gross the show couldn't come up with a better reason. 

8 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

That seemed to be the end of the road for Gregory, which would be infinitely sad.

I like that he seemingly just quietly died in his sleep, instead of having some drawn-out death watch à la Mike's endless demise. I'd have been disappointed if this wasn't the end of Gregory after all of that. The anvils have been heavy for a while.

The boyhood pictures of ME and JS were adorable.

13 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It truly shows their utter lack of character that Carly and Jason are both well aware that pregnant Kristina was there, but they were totally worried about Sonny and are all teary eyed over him. Zero concern for Kristina or Dex's physical or mental state. For a loving father, Sonny sure didn't utter one word of worry about Kristina's physical or mental state either. All self-pity that "my daughter's afraid of me."

So gross, but entirely in character for Sonny. I'm a bit surprised Carly didn't chastise Sonny a bit for losing his cool in a public place. And I'd like her to give him a bill for the barware he threw when he first entered the garden.

I know there's still time for the baby to go into distress, but at least the show avoided that cliché for the time being.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1

Oh Gregory died?

That's so sad.  and I am also so glad in the sense that they can't "misdiagnose" him which I was really afraid they would

Strangest (but funniest to me) line was Sonny saying, "Kristina! It's not what you think!" 

It is what everyone who is caught at something says, but in this case, it is hard to imagine how that scene could have been misinterpreted. It was a serious situation, but I laughed out loud when he said that.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
(edited)

So what about the honeymoon in Florence?  A funeral instead?

(My FB feed showed a GH spoiler site saying Danny dies at the wedding.)<rme>

Edited by ciarra

I appreciate that Brooklyn and Chase had a realistic wedding night. Let's face it, in this modern age, there's no significance to sleeping together on the wedding night, and it's amazing how many IRL couples I've heard "confess" that they just basically collapsed after the day's events.

Bye Gregory! I guess the spoilers were wrong that someone else would buy the farm just after the wedding.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Aw Gregory 😪 Assuming he died of course, at least it wasn’t drawn out like Mike’s dying was

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
13 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Aw Gregory 😪 Assuming he died of course, at least it wasn’t drawn out like Mike’s dying was

It does seem that way. Glad that he got to have that good day, officiating at his son's wedding, having meaningful talks with his kids, grandchild, and people he liked, and as he said, his bucket list was completed. Falling asleep and never waking seems like a wonderful way to go in this case - no loose ends, and a happy last day.

• Like 6
  • Love 4
(edited)

The Gregory/Finn scenes were well done and I loved all of the pictures and flashbacks--Chase, Finn and Gregory really do work well together.

I really liked Anna's reaction to Jack Brennan's over the top compliments--she just rolled her eyes and kept questioning him.  When he does his smarmy routine with Carly, she laps it up while smugly smiling.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

I’ll be very sad if this is Gregory’s last night on Earth. I adored him and Tracy together, but yeah if he has to die, I’d rather it be peaceful.

didn’t Kristina see Sonny beat the shit out of Johnny? She certainly knows her loving father planted a bomb meant for Johnny that almost killed her instead. I was watching back then and know what I saw. I suppose maybe she never actually heard him threaten to put a gun to someone’s head but she certainly knows he’s dangerous.

Dex is such a moron. He put a hand on Sonny’s arm to remind him that they used to mean something to each other? Please! You worked for him and then you betrayed him by joiNing police force. No self respecting mobster is going to stand for that. 

of course Carly is the only one who can get through to Sonny. 🙄

loved the Anna/Brennan scenes. To hell with Valentin. That’s the next super couple lol! Although I have to admit that he also has great chemistry with Carly.

Finn, FFS, you took ONE SIP of champagne! You didn’t go back and finish the glass, then ask for more. I understand that any liquor is dangerous for an alcoholic, but if he was truly going to lose his sobriety, he would have gone on a bender. And probably will if Gregory dies.

• Like 6

If Gregory dies during his sleep I'm going to be upset in that I really like the character and his relationships with everyone. But I'll be glad we don't have to see him declining and declining, losing the ability to move, to speak, to swallow, to breathe. ALS is a horrible, horrible disease.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

I have mixed feelings. I had a friend with ALS and have read a bunch of memoirs to better understand the experience. I did not come across anyone who died peacefully in their sleep while still in a relatively high functioning state. I think if you choose to do an ALS storyline, you should maybe not sugarcoat the reality of it like that.

Joss said she loves Dex! I am so happy! ...for Gio!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It truly shows their utter lack of character that Carly and Jason are both well aware that pregnant Kristina was there, but they were totally worried about Sonny and are all teary eyed over him. Zero concern for Kristina or Dex's physical or mental state. For a loving father, Sonny sure didn't utter one word of worry about Kristina's physical or mental state either. All self-pity that "my daughter's afraid of me."

That tracks, because all three of them are stink-faced garbage people. And none of this means a goddamn thing because we all know that as soon as the latest round of musical writers kicks in they'll excuse it all away on Sonny's tampered meds, or some other BS thing, and all will be forgiven and forgotten. So why are we supposed to care?

Though I give credit to KMans, she really gave it her all and actually made me feel bad for Kristina despite everything. I couldn't stand her on Days but I've been enjoying her on here, much to my great surprise.

And an exclusive peek at Joss' reaction when she finds out Kristina witnessed Sonny's violence firsthand:

image.gif.eeee231160394a5b68e4ff8827941ec6.gif

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

Anyone else find it odd that no thoughts of Tracy ran across Gregory's mind? They shared such tender moments. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Not sure what to make of Kristina just figuring out what her father is. I feel like we've done this before.

Yeah, I’m having a hard time buying this. All these years and she has no clue?

Edited by DanaMB
  • Like 7
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I like that he seemingly just quietly died in his sleep, instead of having some drawn-out death watch à la Mike's endless demise.

I can't believe he died without having had a scene of running into Joss at the hospital and she helped him with his cane, thus earning her a place in his dying montage. /still annoyed at the 'future' space she got in Mike's dying memories

Ugh, I see the obnoxious writing on the wall of 'the band getting back together" of Sonny, Jason, and Carly.  Back to the end of the line for you, Danny.

• Sad 2

I’ll be sad if that was the end of Gregory.  His scenes with both Alexis and Tracy were my reasons for watching, and there was such opportunity for exploring more about aging, and dying, especially with Tracy.  Now I’m worried that she will be relegated back to the sidelines, or sent packing.

• Like 11
41 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I can't believe he died without having had a scene of running into Joss at the hospital and she helped him with his cane, thus earning her a place in his dying montage. /still annoyed at the 'future' space she got in Mike's dying memories

Ugh, I see the obnoxious writing on the wall of 'the band getting back together" of Sonny, Jason, and Carly.  Back to the end of the line for you, Danny.

I don't know what I'm seeing!  They changed up writers again, it's impossible to be interested in stories that keep changing midstream, first in a power struggle between head writers, now because of a complete shake up.  I don't believe they are keeping Korte as sole head writer.  I think this is all a complete mess and we ain't see nothing yet.  I just wish they would film that!  It's got to be sooo much more interesting, juicy, and dramatic than watching BLQ wrap  herself up in her granny robe and eat chocolate on her wedding night.  Was I the only one thinking "aren't you going to be on the toilet after 30 minutes"?  I know, I can't help it, my sense of realism really messes these kind of things up. Let me eat a bunch of crap on my wedding night so I can be on the toilet.  Maybe she took Imodium.  I dunno.  And no showers.  You got married, had a reception, danced, all this stuff took all day.  I would have hit the shower immediately, but I shower twice a day.  It's probably me.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

The second Charlotte said good night and made plans with Gregory for tomorrow and Finn basically tucked him in I knew he was not making the morning. 

That montage was so sad. Liked the actors photos they included.  Between this and young Sheldon finale these scenes have been heartbreaking.  

Kristina who made a mafia princess show, been through everything with Johnny Zacharra is blind to Sonny? They rewriting this because KM? 

Where's Sonny's cheerleaders Lois and Olivia to see him now instead of Kristina? 

• Like 6
4 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I suppose maybe she never actually heard him threaten to put a gun to someone’s head but she certainly knows he’s dangerous.

She witnessed him screaming at a bloody-faced Dex, and at Jason, that they betrayed him and he was going to empty a gun into their heads (fyi, not verbatim quote).  She has never experienced seeing her dad full of rage and behaving violently like that, as she told Blaze.  She thought he lived by a 'code.'

She has known he can be dangerous, like planting a car bomb to take out Johnny Z. when he thought Johnny had "crossed me" by getting involved with Kristina. But she also figured she had provoked that because she wanted Dad's attention; she wanted him to think something was going on between her and Johnny. This situation is different because he attacked Dex, a fellow wedding guest, when Dex wasn't doing anything suspicious that day to indicate he's a threat to Sonny/Sonny's family. He also threatened Jason; Kristina knows all about Jason's long-term loyalty to her dad and that Sonny has no proof of Jason's "betrayal."

• Like 1