Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Something I never thought I’d say: “I’m having more fun watching Sonny and the many women in his life than the Quatermaine shenanigans”.

3 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I couldn’t stand Kate Mansi as Abigail on Days of Our Lives. But even after enjoying the last actress in the role, I really like KM as Kristina on GH.  She’s doing a great at job and has chemistry with her costars. 

Same!

Why is Anna turning into a bully? First with Molly, now Dante. And tomorrow’s previews have her crying. It’s almost like Valentin has messed with her meds too but as far as I know, she isn’t taking any.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Is the hottie in the glasses with Anna the detective/police academy chief? Rowr.

Is this the first time you noticed him?😉 But yes, that’s Bennett. I guess he’s filling in for Mac until John J. York returns. This is the first time I’ve seen police academy brass working with the actual precinct, ya know? But par for the course, I guess.

And Sam can just STFU. Forget that she used to be a mob moll; she KNEW Dante was a cop when she got involved with him-even before. I Hate these tropes. Goes back years when reading my romance novels (DON’T JUDGE ME!), and other shows, where the girlfriend/wife/lover can’t “deal” with the fact that he’s a cop. And NOW Dante has that epiphany? Whatever, I guess. 

Anna, if Dante wants to quit, let him. He and Sam can always open up a PI Firm!

• Like 2

Wow Sonny's face lit up around Natalia! Is blazes brother coming to port Charles ?

Don't really know what to make of Dante and his desire to quit.  Not sure why the writers would deliberately remove an unusual and interesting source of conflict, and I'm glad they didn't, for now.  

We get it. Everyone in Port Charles has awakened from the fog they've been in for lo these many decades, and has come realize that Sonny is actually a bad guy, whom they have been enabling.  Can we move the plot forward now?

I really like Kristina, but I'm not looking forward to the angst over the baby.  Wondering if she will miscarry, and be blamed for it, or if they'll just fight over custody.  Either way, there will have to be some major plot gymnastics to keep me interested.  

Maybe just because I'm an old fogey (and I am), but the only story I'm really invested in is Gregory's.  Never saw that coming.

• Like 2

I seriously want to know what happened to my show? I've been watching for many decades.  What have they done to the people I've been watching? Who are they?

🤯

Sometimes just because writers can change things doesn't mean they should. Or it that it remotely makes it a good idea or good writing. There is such a thing as "tweaking" stories. I think 180º turns & completely changing characters into new people for the storyline & not any organic reasons is just lazy uninspired writing.

I've honestly been ff'ing most of this crap before I delete the whole show. I'm so sad cause I admire & like so many of the actors who have given so much to the show.

I sincerely hope some writers can pull something better than what I see now, out of their creatives bums before its too late!!! Damn!!🥺

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
27 minutes ago, JMO said:

I really like Kristina, but I'm not looking forward to the angst over the baby.  Wondering if she will miscarry, and be blamed for it, or if they'll just fight over custody.  Either way, there will have to be some major plot gymnastics to keep me interested.

If they retread the whole surrogate thing (a la Maxie), Kristina can miscarry, have sex with Blaze, and get pregnant again all in the same night, then she and Molly and TJ can fight over custody.

• LOL 10
1 minute ago, Lugal said:

If they retread the whole surrogate thing (a la Maxie), Kristina can miscarry, have sex with Blaze, and get pregnant again all in the same night, then she and Molly and TJ can fight over custody.

Yikes.  

Dante quitting suddenly is nonsense especially over Sonny. Sam is so happy for it too. 

Anna is going to browbeat Dante about what happens when Sonny asks for a favor?  Anna has asked Sonny for more favors than Sonny ever asked his children. 

Anna talks about keeping Dante from compromising but last week attacked Sonny's neice to prosecute him. 

Kristina is not being irrational. One side is saying she's not caring right and doesn't care, then other side freaks out because she's caring so much. She never said she's thinking the baby is hers, but it's in her body. Plus let's not forget it is her baby biologically. 

Molly and TJ didn't treat the other surrogate like Kristina.  

Lol at Sonny dismissing Ava. 

• Like 9

Whatever Anna, aren't you late for a meeting with Jason, a mob hitman, so you can fill him in on your investigation and tell him how much you have always valued his judgement. 🙄

Uh oh, Sparkle Sonny is going all in on Blaze Mom. 

• Like 6
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Is this the first time you noticed him?😉 But yes, that’s Bennett. I guess he’s filling in for Mac until John J. York returns. This is the first time I’ve seen police academy brass working with the actual precinct, ya know? But par for the course, I guess.

Bennett was always a detective for the PCPD. He was around when Heather was serially hooking people. He was the detective on the scene when Brita was killed. It is only recently with Dex joining the academy that we found out that he is also a trainer at the academy.

Ava is making everything worse for herself by keeping quiet about the dosage.

Sonny is putting out the charm for Natalia. So Ava who? Nina who? Carly Corinthos?

• LOL 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

Sonny is putting out the charm for Natalia. So Ava who? Nina who? Carly Corinthos?

I'm so proud of being the first one to predict Sonny and Natalia about a month ago. Typically incestuous GH. Their daughters are dating, and Natalia ain't too thrilled about that. Anyone else notice her face when Ava mentioned that Kristina and Blaze are dating?

Sonny's off his game, but still trying to "Mack Daddy." Natalia seems to have her own money, is well put together, so a trip to the Island and a chintsy dress ain't going to get it done this time.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually loving Dante and Sam lately, their strange conversation yesterday aside. They seem like a real couple (wasn't there a rumor that the actors were dating IRL?) Also KeMo has become a fairly decent actor. That question to Dante the other day about the boxing gloves ("Are these really any good") was clearly ad-libbed and DZ went right along with it. Their conversations have a nice, natural feel to them.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 2
(edited)

If there's a Kate Mansi fan club forming here, save me a number. I was iffy on Lexi for most of her long, broken run as Kristina, and I disliked some stories that prominently featured her (notably the Parker entanglement), but I thought she had improved in her last stint, and I was disappointed to hear she would not be playing the role anymore. Mansi has taken some of the sting out of it. My DOOL time was long before she was on it, so she was new to me, but she's three-dimensional and fairly sympathetic and also seems in line with the history of the character.

10 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

He and Sam can always open up a PI Firm!

In tribute to Dominic Zamprogna's Battlestar Galactica character, they can call it "Jammer & McCall"! 

9 hours ago, JMO said:

We get it. Everyone in Port Charles has awakened from the fog they've been in for lo these many decades, and has come realize that Sonny is actually a bad guy, whom they have been enabling.  Can we move the plot forward now?

At the same time, half the town has awakened from the fog they've been in to realize they're in the wrong career. Alexis wants to leave journalism to return to the law, Joss is rethinking becoming a doctor, Willow is having second thoughts about being a nurse, Dex has switched sides from "mob flunky," Dante might quit the police force, Sasha doesn't want to model anymore, and Carly is back to running the hotel. Did I miss anyone?

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if Ava casually handed off the art gallery to Trina on the grounds that Trina has more passion for it. Then Ava could start studying to become a licensed pharmacist within two months, to help this medication-tampering plot along.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Like 3
  • LOL 10

I know Sonny's off his meds, but he doesn't remember that he initiated a kiss with Ava a week or two ago??  He's so gross the way he treats women.  

That said, Ava has this coming.  I only wish Nina could have seen it. 

• Like 8
8 hours ago, nilyank said:

Ava is making everything worse for herself by keeping quiet about the dosage.

She sure is, but on the other hand, it's probably the only way she can keep feeding his paranoia to her advantage (sort of).

I was thinking about how Sonny might find out Ava knew his dosage was too low. She wouldn't know just by looking at the labels, and I don't think she knows Valentin is the one pulling the strings, does she? I think the only way Sonny would know Ava knew about the dosage was if he discovered his "wife" had called the pharmacist (? or was it someone else?) and asked, and I don't really see him doing that. But it will definitely come back to bite Ava in the ass somehow.

• Like 6

There are pills missing from the bottle and Ava asked him if the pills made him drowsy, so he could deduce things from that, but Sonny ain't that smart.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
6 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

so a trip to the Island and a chintsy dress ain't going to get it done this time.

When Blaze showed up on the island for the SoNa wedding, she told Kristina that her grandmother worked for Sonny's casion.  which means it would either be Natalia's mother or mother in law.  Which would make it super wierd for her to show up there with Sonny!!  

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, nilyank said:

Sonny is putting out the charm for Natalia. 

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that thin-lipped smile he uses (I think because it's supposed to show his dimples) doesn't make him look charming, but instead just makes him look like a skeevy, dirty old man?

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I'm actually loving Dante and Sam lately, their strange conversation yesterday aside. They seem like a real couple (wasn't there a rumor that the actors were dating IRL?)

I'm pretty sure Dominic is married? I don't pay attention to any gossip/news of the actors' real lives, except what I read here. The only real life couple I'm aware of is Eden and the block of wood Dex.

ETA: confirmed Dominic's been married since 2009 and has three children.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think she knows Valentin is the one pulling the strings, does she? I think the only way Sonny would know Ava knew about the dosage was if he discovered his "wife" had called the pharmacist (? or was it someone else?)

No, all Ava knows is that the dosage isn't what it's supposed to be, and how she found out just gave me blackout rage, but nothing new with this FAKAKTA show. And yes, she called the lab, pretending to be Mooby's wife, and the tech, with no problemo whatsoever, let her know what was what.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The only real life couple I'm aware of is Eden and the block of wood Dex.

Thought that wasn't true.

5 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Thought that wasn't true.

What wasn’t true? That Eden and Evan are a couple? It’s absolutely true. 

• Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

What wasn’t true? That Eden and Evan are a couple? It’s absolutely true. 

I thought there was speculation that they had broken up? 🤷‍♀️

But they definitely were a couple. Not that it helps in the onscreen chemistry department but it seemed to with the comfort levels in the post-Covid love scenes. 

Edited by tessaray
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm pretty sure Dominic is married? I don't pay attention to any gossip/news of the actors' real lives, except what I read here. The only real life couple I'm aware of is Eden and the block of wood Dex.

No, all Ava knows is that the dosage isn't what it's supposed to be, and how she found out just gave me blackout rage, but nothing new with this FAKAKTA show. And yes, she called the lab, pretending to be Mooby's wife, and the tech, with no problemo whatsoever, let her know what was what.

As I recall, she called someone to test the pills because she wasn't sure about her husband's dosage and they indicated that the lot number (or something) on the pill gave the dosage for the pill and they indicated the pill was watered down and not the full dosage. She didn't call Sonny's doctor or pharmacist (she indicated the pharmacist was "online" or on the Internet)

• Like 2
18 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:

Sometimes just because writers can change things doesn't mean they should. Or it that it remotely makes it a good idea or good writing. There is such a thing as "tweaking" stories. I think 180º turns & completely changing characters into new people for the storyline & not any organic reasons is just lazy uninspired writing.

Between the strike writers, the former writers, and the current writers, this show has some serious whiplash going on - if it were a person, it'd need a live-in chiropractor! And I kinda hate to say it, but I liked the strike writers best. The characters felt most true to their history under that regime, and I actually enjoyed watching for the most part. Heck, some days I even looked forward to it, crazy as that sounds. It was as though those writers, whoever they were, actually liked the show! The former writers clearly hated the show, and the current writers don't appear to have ever heard of it before, let alone watched it. (And I know, I know, Mulcahey and Korte have a long history writing for GH, but that is sure as hell not the vibe I'm getting when I watch. IMHO).

As it is, I can barely stand to watch either, and have spent more time fast-forwarding than I have watching. It's really sad. 😢

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

Old writers, strike writers or new writers, one thing remains the same. Carly has no storyline of her own, she is just shoved in other characters storylines. Her visiting Pentonville for tomorrow's show gives me hives.

Drew is nowhere near as bad or aggravating now that they removed him from Carly's vortex of suck. 

Are they chem testing that detective/head of cadet school with Anna? They do have a bit of a spark, but honestly, he'll be completely lost on this Anna iteration. Girlfriend needs a long break away from normal people.

I didn't care for the Laura/Heather scenes, or the normalization of yet another serial killer. I like Alley Mills enough, but that's enough of that.

• Like 11

I can't take the constant rehash of Drew being a hero and saving Willow's life. 

Drew, do you really know the feeling about getting a second chance to be a parent? Because you're still fobbing Scout off onto the Qs.

I'm also tired of hearing Heather whine.

Nina feels she has to ask Willow for permission on how to feel? Fuck that.

I half expected Carly to make the "I'm watching you" gesture at Wagger when she left Jason's office. Hee. And of course she hangs around to eavesdrop. People need to learn to close doors.

LOL at Sonny glaring at Dex while he's running through the park.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually loving Dante and Sam lately, their strange conversation yesterday aside. They seem like a real couple (wasn't there a rumor that the actors were dating IRL?

Wait what??? DZ is married, or has that changed? Frankly when Dante and Sam first got together I couldn't stand it because all the did was kiss and "canoodle", they had no storyline. They looked too much like they were personally enjoying it IMO. I know an actor's partner has to be able to put up with love scenes, but I wouldn't have been very happy if I was DZ's wife. What is different now is that they actually have dialogue between them.

Sonny was never a smart mobster and always a temperamental big baby so I am not noticing too much difference. The almost kissing Ava thing is probably the biggest sign, but no one else knows about that. Maybe he just has brain damage from almost drowning and having amnesia and then getting bonked on his head and getting his memory back.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Wait what??? DZ is married, or has that changed?

It has not. He's been married to his wife for 15 years now.

8 minutes ago, Blackie said:

The almost kissing Ava thing is probably the biggest sign,

No almost about it. They did have a (yuck) kiss a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Drew is nowhere near as bad or aggravating now that they removed him from Carly's vortex of suck. 

I still hate him, and his crazy eyes.  And his attitude of entitlement. 

• Like 6
On 5/6/2024 at 3:45 PM, perkie1968 said:

Anyone else hear those three loud bangs around 2:55pm?!! 

I was out of town yesterday so I went to specifically find those scenes.  That was fantastic, I think I saw actual smoke come out of Ava's ears!!

• LOL 2
54 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I still hate him, and his crazy eyes.  And his attitude of entitlement. 

CM isn't a very good or a charismatic actor. But Drew is much more bearable.

• Like 2
(edited)

You know the soap bro podcasters right?  They have finally turned.  When the new writers were announced they were cheerleading Korte, and spoke very highly of Patrick.  They have thrown in the towel and are saying this is the worst transition they have ever seen.  They also pointed out that normally the new headwriter or writers, would give interviews.  We have nothing but silence.  I personally have thought for a while that what we have here are competing visions.  That's just my opinion though.  I always thought making Korte co head writer was a mistake, but saying that upsets people for some reason.  I guess they think I'm blaming the woman.  Well, I blame Frank first, last, and always.  But I believe Korte is a huge problem as well.  

Edited by CeChase
  • Like 4
  • Applause 4
5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Old writers, strike writers or new writers, one thing remains the same. Carly has no storyline of her own, she is just shoved in other characters storylines.

In the most obnoxious ways.  I'm surprised she didn't literally start growling and howlilng when John said he needed to speak with Jason. 

Unintentional comedy gold today was Sonny sneering at Dex and his boy gang as they went jogging by. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

Anna took Sasha's apartment set? 

Laura visits and shares with killer Heather but Sonny bad? 

Love Nina and Valentine scenes. 

• Like 5
22 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Laura visits and shares with killer Heather but Sonny bad? 

Love Nina and Valentine scenes. 

During those scenes, I kept wondering if he would end up hurting her given his heel turn. But they are good together

• Love 2
7 hours ago, DanaK said:

Did Anna move into Gladys’ old apartment?

2 hours ago, Artsda said:

Yep, it’s the same one.  I’m pretty sure it’s the same apartment set they used for Kim Nero too.

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, mbluecpa said:

Yep, it’s the same one.  I’m pretty sure it’s the same apartment set they used for Kim Nero too.

I think that apartment has the bones of the first place Dante and Lulu lived together when Michael was sleeping on their couch when he was released from prison.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, nilyank said:

I think that apartment has the bones of the first place Dante and Lulu lived together when Michael was sleeping on their couch when he was released from prison.

I think so too. It's been Kim's apartment more recently, but it does look like the place where Dante and the JMB Lulu interviewed "Stephanie," the full-of-herself surrogacy candidate whose dialogue was obvious meta-digs at Steve Burton.

Carly never disappoints with her hypocrisy. When she was whining to Jason, she said Ava acted as if she were the lady of the manor and could order Carly to leave the penthouse. Even when Sonny still disliked Carly, and was just letting her stay there because she was carrying the hate-sex baby (the one Carly ultimately lost in the Quartermaine staircase tumble), Carly did the same things! And she did them much more aggressively and offensively! I'll never forget the SJB version screaming at Liz (whom Sonny had asked to come over) to get out.

• Applause 3

And Jason proves his dumb as a box of rocks. He KNOWS Cujo's penchant for eavesdropping and not listening when it doesn't suit her. Does he close the door? No. Both he and Jagger talked loud enough for anyone passing, to hear.

Then again, the dialogue was vague enough it didn't sound like Jagger was asking for what intel, if any, Jason had, but questioning a person of interest.

UGH to the previews for today.

So, since Laura turned him down, Mooby thinks he can go over her head, and use their sort of blood family link to get his way after all of donating whatever, to the city.

• Love 1

Why does Laura keep visiting Heather? 

Why does Drew always talk to willow about Greenland? He's giving her so many compliments I wonder  if they will have an affair 

• Like 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So, since Laura turned him down, Mooby thinks he can go over her head, and use their sort of blood family link to get his way after all of donating whatever, to the city.

To me it seemed like Jordan knew Sonny had already talked to Laura, but who knows. She played it fairly cool regardless.

14 minutes ago, ljr said:

Why does Laura keep visiting Heather? 

They're sort of family, and Laura seems to feel sorry for Heather. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Like 5