Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Nina thinks Sonny will be impressed that she made deals with those dingbats. Of course she's completely misread the room and is only now learning Sonny has no interest in those traitors.

Oh Nina, you dingbat sigh

• Like 3
(edited)

It's always been hard to buy into Sonny as a mob boss, because he's situated in upstate New York, not exactly a bastion of mob activity. 

So, suppose Sonny is brought down and sent away, to a place from which he cannot escape, and where no one can visit him.  What will GH be about?  

Thoughts?

The hospital? How shocking would that be, since it's only in the title of the show?

Less snarkily, they could do some (legitimate) business stories. ELQ still exists, right? There's been enough talk about who the shareholders are that it should, so there could be some focus there. Make law enforcement competent again, which would mean no more weepy Anna. Writing Sonny out for good would also mean either getting rid of Jason and Carly or tearing them down and building them back up,since he's the infant they've dedicated their entire lives to in one way or another. I'm sure there's lots of options I can't think of right now.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
quote added for context because I'm slow
  • Like 6

Interesting interview Steve and Bradford with Eden McCoy. She said that the show is basically breaking everybody up. And, if you watch the show it sure seems like it. Anna & Valentin, Sonny & Nina, Carly & Drew, Joss & Dex and then they seemed to be doing chem testing with Lois and Finn which isn’t good. Usually, storylines are dropped but this is a different approach (couples) if that’s what it seems like they are doing. 

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Interesting interview Steve and Bradford with Eden McCoy. She said that the show is basically breaking everybody up. And, if you watch the show it sure seems like it. Anna & Valentin, Sonny & Nina, Carly & Drew, Joss & Dex and then they seemed to be doing chem testing with Lois and Finn which isn’t good. Usually, storylines are dropped but this is a different approach (couples) if that’s what it seems like they are doing. 

Why can’t Willow and Michael be on that list?

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Do you have a link?

(edited)
21 hours ago, JMO said:

It's always been hard to buy into Sonny as a mob boss, because he's situated in upstate New York, not exactly a bastion of mob activity. 

So, suppose Sonny is brought down and sent away, to a place from which he cannot escape, and where no one can visit him.  What will GH be about?  

Thoughts?

Y&R and B&B seem to manage without mobsters. 

Hmm... you know, I would love to see Sasha as a long-lost Barrington heir. If Willow is destined to become a lady who lunches (for charity), why not lean into it? Cycle in some new rich couples and see if anyone clicks?

Also, home shopping channels aren't my thing but a writer could have a lot of fun with expanding the  Hearth and Home universe. 

That's just off the top of my head. 

Eta: I'd like to see Kristina's youth center. Have her set up an adjacent legal aid clinic to give Alexis, Molly and maybe a hot new lawyer or two a little variety with their pro bono legal work. And let's fund it with a donation from a Mackenzie Scott Bezos-type character instead of dirty mob money. 

You could even let Laura dust off her degree in Social Work to advise Kristina. Maybe sneak in a mention of or even an actual Ward or two.

Edited by tessaray
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
57 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Eta: I'd like to see Kristina's youth center. Have her set up an adjacent legal aid clinic to give Alexis, Molly and maybe a hot new lawyer or two a little variety with their pro bono legal work. And let's fund it with a donation from a Mackenzie Scott Bezos-type character instead of dirty mob money. 

You could even let Laura dust off her degree in Social Work to advise Kristina. Maybe sneak in a mention of or even an actual Ward or two.

Paging Serena Baldwin who did not, after all, donate her entire inheritance to the whales. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mirabelle said:

Paging Serena Baldwin who did not, after all, donate her entire inheritance to the whales. 

But only if they've completely dropped Cody thinking he's entitled to anything from Dominique's estate. We've suffered enough.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, tessaray said:

This is a great idea, and a good setting to better develop some of the younger characters.  There could also be a natural connection back to GH in serving the health needs of youth.  They could expand the scope beyond LGBTQA+ to provide services addressing a wider variety of youth and family issues. 

• Like 5

I haven't commented here in a long time, but I have been watching. And I am loving the show right now. For the first time in many years, I am actually happy to watch a new episode rather than just letting it play as background noise.

Much of this has to do with the dialogue. Characters are interacting in ways that not only advance story, but give depth to their personalities.  Scenes have time to breathe.  Best of all, it's starting to feel like more of an ensemble cast rather than a bunch of satellites floating around a few dull stars.  

I'm glad to see some mob pushback from characters who should have known better all along. Granted, Anna and Laura are being a little wistful (and slow!) in relinquishing their image of Sonny as a kind and gentle mobster, but at least his true nature is being acknowledged. And the show has held him on a pedestal for far too long to do an abrupt about-face. I believe they're easing into a post-Sonny is God era in a way that won't produce character whiplash or needlessly provoke Sonny fans. At least, I hope that's what they're doing, and this isn't just temporary until Sonny gets his proper meds back and people start beating themselves up for ever doubting him.

I'm loving the return of scheming Ava. I'm skeptical about the idea of Kingpin Valentin (he's just never displayed the proper cojones for the job), but am willing to see if it takes. I'm actually not hating Jason, and might even be open to a rekindling of him and Carly-- something I've never wanted to see since the Sarah Brown era. It would be a tough sell, but if anyone could make it palatable, it's these writers. I've also noticed less general fawning over Carly recently, and I don't think it's wishful thinking. 

I liked Sonny and Nina together, but adoring Nina quickly became boring Nina, so I'm glad to see a little of her manic energy return. I don't mind seeing her scheming stalkery side come out; it makes her a more interesting character. And if they're not going to dump Drew, then might as well keep the hate sex going, because that's the most entertaining he's been in, well, ever.

Some things never change. Willow and Michael are still boring. But at least they haven't been on much. Joss will never not suck. (Although her line about not accepting Dex's flag-- as the ex-girfriend who would have about as much claim to it as Cody's horse roommate-- cracked me up, so at least her hubris is good for occasional comic relief.)

Overall, the new writers seem to have awareness about which character traits/ attitudes/ relationships should be played up and which need to be toned down, so I'm very optimistic about the coming months. Don't let me down, Show!

• Like 12
7 hours ago, tessaray said:

But only if they've completely dropped Cody thinking he's entitled to anything from Dominique's estate. We've suffered enough.

I would drop Cody being Dominique's secret kid entirely. Make him Catherine Bell's. Of all the stupid retcon kids, Cody being Dominique's is the most stupid. 

• Like 9
37 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

I would drop Cody being Dominique's secret kid entirely. Make him Catherine Bell's. Of all the stupid retcon kids, Cody being Dominique's is the most stupid. 

Too many people know Cody is Mac's kid. But yeah, not only was this far-fetched, it was so clumsily written it was painful to watch unfold. 

• Like 6
(edited)
On 4/20/2024 at 2:30 PM, dubbel zout said:

I can, LOL. The mob focus has always been problematic for exactly this reason, but I think if the show had made the point more often that Sonny as the devil PC knew was better than the one they didn't, it wouldn't be so jarring to hear Anna and Laura, of all people, express amazement that he's a thug. And to let people besides Scott be allowed to hate Sonny without being mocked. And if Sonny had had more real losses throughout the years (going to jail, losing some territory for a decent period of time, etc.), that would also help. Instead we had Guza fetishizing Sonny and Jason and desperately trying to write a daytime version of The Sopranos.

I agree with all that, but the fact remains that we're now in 2024. Those losses didn't happen, and Guza ran the show for close to 10 years (longer if we don't count the JFP/McTavish interregnum). So the question becomes, at this late date what do we do about it? I don't need to see Anna or Laura shamed any more than they already have been (by Wagger, by themselves), and you have to start somewhere. Doing that was going to be jarring no matter how or where it was done at this point.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

I would drop Cody being anyone's secret kid entirely. JJY's health issues have limited how the show has dealt with this, but I haven't missed the story at all. Cody's connection to Dante is enough for me, especially because they aren't related in the slightest.

4 hours ago, jsbt said:

So the question becomes, at this late date what do we do about it? I don't need to see Anna or Laura shamed any more than they already have been (by Wagger, by themselves), and you have to start somewhere. Doing that was going to be jarring no matter how or where it was done at this point.

Fair enough. I guess I should be glad it's happening at all, heh.

• Like 5
(edited)

I don't mind Cody being Mac's kid.  I do mind it still being a thing as a dangling plot point, and the fact that the mom is Dominique which AFAIK is literally impossible given the timeline of their relationship. I'm not talking the typical soap impossible, I mean even moreso than usual since I believe Dominique was barely ever offscreen til she died lol.

At this point I'd just have Cody tell someone he and Mac Zoomed and worked it out off-camera and how glad he is to have it off his shoulders. And then I'd have Sasha hit by a bus.

Edited by jsbt
  • LOL 2
9 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I've also noticed less general fawning over Carly recently, and I don't think it's wishful thinking. 

So it was even worse before?!?!?!?! Because it is absolutely unbearable now as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 8
  • Love 3

What especially annoys me about Cody being Mac's son is that is completely undercuts what is one of the greatest things about Mac: that he couldn't care less that Georgie and Maxie aren't biologically his, he considers them his daughters in the fullest sense. But suddenly dopey Cody appears and Mac starts thinking about having a son and all of that patriarchal garbage comes up.

I don't begrudge Mac being wistful about not having bio kids, but I do begrudge the idea that somehow a son is what makes him complete. UGH.

• Like 11
  • Love 4
(edited)

The nonsense from last year(?) that Mac 'never felt like a dad' is total horseshit, of course. But so was when they suddenly started having Maxie stop calling him Dad. I blame FV and Ron Carlivati for that, believing they could make their Frisco/Felicia dreams come true before being shot back down to Earth by reality. AFAIC Maxie should be calling him Dad again today.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 6
  • Love 6

Today was pretty good.

I may still be iffy on the new regime overall but am truly thankful that they aren't dragging out things forever, unlike their predecessors.  I may hate the writers' choices sometimes but otoh, really appreciate it when they just stick a fork in something so we can move on. 

• Like 8

Sam looks pathetic with her tears about Jason/regrets and Nina looks pathetic with her tears over signing the papers and the montage in memory of her and "Mike"/Sonny. Seriously ladies they are NOT worthy of your tears.

Also, the Show needs to STOP with the Danny-is-so much-like Jason nonsense. Sam didn't know teenage non-brain damaged Jason!!  The only thing that makes sense is that this is a poorly written set-up for Danny getting hurt while he's around Jason.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
6 minutes ago, tessaray said:

really appreciate it when they just stick a fork in something so we can move on. 

Working, so please, pretty pretty please-what did they stick a fork in?

4 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Also, the Show needs to STOP with the Danny-is-so much-like Jason nonsense. Sam didn't know teenage non-brain damaged Jason!! 

I may have no use for Jason post-accident and break up with Robin, but Jason Quartermaine had more layers than this Danny does.

And not only did Sam not know Jason Q., but she wasn't even on the show when his head met the tree!

Mulcahey and Korte KNOW this.

• Like 7
(edited)
16 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Working, so please, pretty pretty please-what did they stick a fork in?

This...

Spoiler

Nina and Ava put it all out there and then Nina and Sonny, primarily. There's even a Nixon Falls montage. Some Sonnny and Carly.

Edited by tessaray
  • Like 1

My DVR decided to take the day off so luckily it’s a work from home day and I noticed when I came out of the kitchen with lunch. I would have been very unhappy to miss the Nina and Ava scenes. 

CW and MW were both outstanding. Nina may be a woman on the verge, but she’s also a Fifth Avenue lady to her core. Nina handing off the signed divorce papers and dictating the return of her rings in the post were both great. 

Sonny is no prize and Morgan should render it a nonstarter so I do hope Ava is just playing unmedicated Sonny. Ava’s friendship with Nina never made sense and the acknowledgement on Nina’s part was welcome so it certainly doesn’t hurt Ava to lose it. What would hurt Ava is to lose Trina’s, I think, and the more she reverts to her old ways, the more that becomes a real possibility. 

I would have been sorry to miss the rest of the episode too, so I give PM and EK my compliments. I don’t give a flying flip about the overblown Blazer and Chaste wedding, but maybe some minimums are burning in the process. 

• Like 8

I feel like both versions of Jason had more layers, but then the promising Elizabeth/Jason connection went poof so that Jason could focus entirely on Sonny, Sonny's sister, and Carly. 

The Show addressed the layers today a little, with Danny telling Kristina that Jason treats him like a person whereas his mother tells him what to do/not do and he feels that whatever he says or does will make her freak out. 

I don't know why the Show refuses to let Sam acknowledge that she didn't know young Jason. She knows damn well that Elizabeth and Jason's sister Emily were best friends, and so Elizabeth knew Jason before he devoted his life to taking care of S&C. Why not use her as a resource both for young Jason history and as fellow mother of a Jason son? Sheesh!

7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I may have no use for Jason post-accident and break up with Robin, but Jason Quartermaine had more layers than this Danny does.

And not only did Sam not know Jason Q., but she wasn't even on the show when his head met the tree!

Mulcahey and Korte KNOW this.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

Memo to Danny: If you have to utter the words, "I'm not a kid anymore", than you still are.  No adult stomps their feet and says I'm not a kid anymore.  
also, Jason doesn't act like a parent because he isn't one.  All he is is a sperm donor and Liz and Sam do all the heavy lifting.  

Maura and Cynthia were fire today.  Two fantastic, talented actresses bringing their A game.  

Sonn/Carly  I'm surprised she didn't suspect anything regarding his meds.  Sonny's parting line of " Out of all the people I thought would abandon me I didn't think you would be one of them."  Excellent line read from Mo on that.  

The Willow/Drew and Lois/Maxie stuff seemed shoehorned in considering we were having the heavyness of Sonny/Carly, Ava/Nina and Sam/Jason.  

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Seriously ladies they are NOT worthy of your tears.

They sure aren't. They're both emotionally stunted assholes. It's nice to see Nina get some spine back and read Ava the riot act. And I like that Ava gave it back.

Color me shocked that Jason actually parented and brought Danny back to Sam. If Sam is so concerned that Danny is like Jason without the maturity (...), then she and Jason should sit Danny down and talk to him. It's a good first step Danny and Kristina are talking, but she isn't his parent.

Keep eye-fucking your uncle, Willow!

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Keep eye-fucking your uncle, Willow!

Oh gods, please tell me that PM isn't into mother/daughter triangles.

• LOL 2
(edited)

Willow has clearly wanted to fuck both of Michael's uncles for some time. I won't hate them going there if they do, but I am more into Drew and Nina.

Maybe they've done something different in today's show, but I always felt in past eps they were saying Danny was trying too hard to emulate the street image of action man Jason Morgan, the absent father he's mythologized (or his mother's own pistol-packing past, which she also has acknowledged in those conversations), not Jason Q. I can buy that.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I may have been listening to the tortured poets dept too much this weekend, but here's how I would like to see my Nina; "so i jump from the gallows and levitate down your street, screaming WHO'S AFRAID OF LITTLE OLD ME"

lol

I'm actually going to watch today's show.  Because I am not going to miss Cynthia and Maura on their A game.

Edited by CeChase
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

She knows damn well that Elizabeth and Jason's sister Emily were best friends, and so Elizabeth knew Jason before he devoted his life to taking care of S&C.

Elizabeth never knew Jason Q either. He was definitely involved with Sonny and Carly when she first knew him. Pre-Lucky's "death" she didn't interact with him all that much. She swiped an invite to the Sonny/Brenda wedding-that-wasn't and she knew Jason when he owned a motorcycle shop that Lucky worked at and where he rented an upstairs room. So that was about it.

• Like 4

Willow wants Drew so much it has to happen because Michael’s reaction would be such much fun to watch. Not sure what the significance of Drew mentioning Nina to Willow was for as he mentioned it and then just left leaving Willow looking thoughtful as Drew exited. 

Glad Nina signed the divorce papers and I hope Nina stays as far away from Sonny as possible. I would not be opposed to Nina and Drew as Carly’s reaction would be priceless. I would like to see Nina and Willow reconcile maybe Drew can help facilitate that.

Ava and Nina - I liked the sort of friendship they had developed with them now enemies it leaves Nina isolated even more with even less people she can turn to. Maybe give Sasha and Nina some more time together. 

• Like 8

Sad for Nina that she's finally realized her marriage is over, although it was always more of a fantasy than a reality. Maybe she can move on, now. On a more pecuniary note, I would have kept those rings, unless Sonny asked for them back. Put them in a safe or someplace out of sight, then have them reset. 

• Like 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, ComeWhatMay said:

Sonny is no prize and Morgan should render it a nonstarter so I do hope Ava is just playing unmedicated Sonny. Ava’s friendship with Nina never made sense and the acknowledgement on Nina’s part was welcome so it certainly doesn’t hurt Ava to lose it. What would hurt Ava is to lose Trina’s, I think, and the more she reverts to her old ways, the more that becomes a real possibility. 

Like Kristina said awhile ago, I think for Ava the first appeal, whether she fully realizes it herself or not right now, is ultimately power. Ava has been dickstruck for unworthy men before (Griffin, Silas, Morgan himself) so Sonny is not unusual in that respect. But when the chips are down, even when Sonny turns on Ava she will still be there for the power and will make that her priority again, IMO. Something Claudia Zacchara, IIRC, lost sight of with Sonny and in the end it got her killed.

There's a lot of online commentary fretting over her (I'm not referring to your post to be clear), but I never really worry about undoing all the work to make Ava supposedly viable. Because most of those stories to make her viable sucked and were embarrassing to watch AFAIC. I don't need Ava 'viable' and I don't need her to be sympathetic. All the humanity and dimension she needs for me is encased in her relationships with Trina and her surviving daughter, and imbued in Maura's complex performance. The rest is steel, and all I need from her in story is a way to insulate herself in order to continue on for as long as possible. And if she doesn't after a certain point, or if she become a recurring villain who goes in and out for stints, hey, she's been here over ten years. I prefer blazes of glory to fizzling out with another weepy Phantom of the Opera story, mewling over Griffin and Kiki.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 6
7 minutes ago, db1702 said:

Ava and Nina - I liked the sort of friendship they had developed with them now enemies it leaves Nina isolated even more with even less people she can turn to. Maybe give Sasha and Nina some more time together. 

The Nina and Ava friendship never made much sense but I handwaved it because I liked it. And I agree more Sasha and Nina scenes would be nice. But Nina still has Valentin and Charlotte and Maxie along with legit ties to Willow and her kids, even if they're on the outs, so I don't see her as completely isolated. 

• Like 6
Just now, tessaray said:

The Nina and Ava friendship never made much sense but I handwaved it because I liked it. And I agree more Sasha and Nina scenes would be nice. But Nina still has Valentin and Charlotte and Maxie along with legit ties to Willow and her kids, even if they're on the outs, so I don't see her as completely isolated. 

I think the future for Nina is probably in her wacky business machinations and Drew, and I'm all for that. You would not have caught me saying that two months ago, when I was ready for both characters to be fed to the woodchipper from Fargo along with so many others (several of which you have helpfully mentioned). Progress!

• Like 5
24 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Sad for Nina that she's finally realized her marriage is over, although it was always more of a fantasy than a reality. Maybe she can move on, now. On a more pecuniary note, I would have kept those rings, unless Sonny asked for them back. Put them in a safe or someplace out of sight, then have them reset. 

Nina has tons of money - the gesture was probably way more satisfying than the value of the diamonds.

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
(edited)

I will add that despite some criticisms online I actually really dug the Anna/Laura and Anna/Molly scenes last week. They were being very determined to drive a stake into the Anna and Laura relationships with Sonny and spelling out why they are doing it now and what they want it to mean for the show and characters. I respect that. As I said, there is never going to be a good time to do it in 2024 after decades of these characters excusing Sonny and massaging these relationships to put him over to the audience by way of of fan favorite heroines, but they really dug into the material and Finola in particular ate it up. I believed in her integrity again. And I loved Laura talking about Luke's Club. I miss that place.

Also: Is it me, or was Danny trying on Jason's clothes in Jason's room a mirror of Sarah Brown's Carly doing the same in Bobbie's room, when Mulcahey first started with the show?

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

This thing with Jason and Danny is that Jason knows full well that he is a moving target for Pikeman, but he apparently doesn't mind having his teenage son hang around.

It was a good show overall.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

This thing with Jason and Danny is that Jason knows full well that he is a moving target for Pikeman, but he apparently doesn't mind having his teenage son hang around.

What can Jason do? He doesn't want to harsh Danny's buzz. /s

• LOL 7

Re: Danny and Jason, and their somewhat enigmatic (and inexplicable) affinity for one another.  For me, it might have been helpful to have had a scene or two between Danny and Rocco talking about their dads, or even just some discussion of Danny wishing he had his own bio dad around, as Rocco does.  I hope we'll still get something like that, where he realizes his bio dad usually operates on one side of the law, and his not-quite-stepdad operates on the other.  Might make for a good conversation between Dante and Danny about how to love someone while still realizing they're wrong.

Ava and Nina were great today.  I always feel like the scene is in good hands when either one of them is involved, but getting them both in conflict is a treat.

Re: Anna and Molly.  It made so little sense to me that I wondered if Robert was originally supposed to have been in those scenes, but maybe TR wasn't available.  I do hope there's an explanation, because that version of PC Anna was far less mature, and less in control of herself, than was the version of 40 years ago.  And I hope TR is okay, and that we'll get Robert to chime in on the whole situation.  His absence is glaring.  Maybe he's off fishing with Ned.

• Like 6

Those Ava/Nina scenes were great. When Ava dropped the mask, it was pretty chilling.

Even though the dualism of Sonny is a well-worn GH trope, I did enjoy them debating whether "Mike" or the mafioso was the true Sonny, and which of the two women know him best.  

I don't think Nina and Sonny are necessarily done for good, at least the way Kristina the Greek Chorus is telling it. Sonny wanting to end things with Nina is laid out as the pills plus Ava's manipulation. If he comes through that and Nina hasn't moved on, they may reconcile/remarry. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

Haven't watched watched in several months, but I've recently watched a couple of episodes and I have two questions. I hope someone can help me out.

Ava recently discovered someone has been tampering with Sonny's meds.  Does the audience know who the culprit is?

Ava and Nina, former besties, were fighting today. What precipitated this rift?

19 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Ava recently discovered someone has been tampering with Sonny's meds.  Does the audience know who the culprit is?

Yes. Valentin Cassadine has had them tampered with as part of a plot to destabilize Sonny, destroy his organization and take his territory. Valentin is secretly in control of the Pikeman Security Group and arms trafficking outfit.

Ava and Nina, former besties, were fighting today. What precipitated this rift?

Nina discovered Ava had deliberately given her bad advice in her campaign to win Sonny's love back, and that Ava is conspiring to take Sonny for herself.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

He was definitely involved with Sonny and Carly when she first knew him. Pre-Lucky's "death" she didn't interact with him all that much. She swiped an invite to the Sonny/Brenda wedding-that-wasn't and she knew Jason when he owned a motorcycle shop that Lucky worked at and where he rented an upstairs room. So that was about it. 

Involved with -yes, entirely devoted to - no. Elizabeth knew young Jason Morgan, who had a good relationship with his sister (Emily loved Jason Q. and Jason Morgan), who owned and worked on motorcycles, who empathized with Lucky's desire for independence while Lucky and Elizabeth were dating, who had truly loved and parted ways with Robin, etc.  He was a real person back then. Sam talks like Jason has always been/is hard-wired to be the dude she knows, and that is what Danny is destined to become without her motherly intervention. Absurd.  

If instead Sam has been fretting about Danny becoming an alcoholic because he got caught drinking and she's aware of AJ's alcoholism and Alan's history with pills in addition to her own mother's alcoholism (addiction in the genes, both sides of the family), I would say her concerns have merit.

• Like 5

I understand what everyone is saying about Jason Q but I see what Sam is saying about Danny. Danny idolizes Jason. He has no idea who or what Jason really is but he sees Jason as cool, mysterious and unafraid to take things on head first. Jason wears a leather jacket and rides a motorcycle. To a teenaged boy, these are all traits to be admired and even imitated. So when Sam says Danny is just like Jason, it doesn’t mean he inherited a Jason’s genes, it just means that he wants to BE Jason. Or at least the Jason he knows. And Sam is right that Danny doesn’t have the experience to fend for himself if he gets into a tricky situation. Is it time to teach him about life? Maybe, but I think he’s supposed to be about 13-14 so in an ideal world maybe it’s too early yet. Regardless, since he’s determined to see his father no matter what his mother says, then they do both need to decide how to handle it…together.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

I thought Jason didn't lie, saying Danny was his priority too to Sam was a joke. Carly is his priority. Everything and everyone else is below.  Sam should have laughed in his face when he said that. 

I felt so bad for Nina, she really thought Ava was a friend. Ava deserves what she'll get. She walked into Nina's office then lied to her face. 

Good for her signing the papers and being done. Shipping back the rings, she doesn't need his jewelry. 

Kristina has the right idea about all her concerns. Especially bringing up Morgan. 

Even Sonny off his meds he isn't wrong. Why couldn't he pick up a phone? Carly, Michael all did lie and betray him. He's not wrong to hate them.  Because Michael changed his mind he should get brownie points?

Danny him not treating you parental means he's not a parent. He's not a buddy. Someone needs to really wake him up. I guess something will happen to him or because of him. 

• Like 10