Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

(edited)
4 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

/small voice:  I'm enjoying Nina and Drew and their hate sex.

Ok - I'm going to be the one to say it. Drew to Nina: "45 minutes of hate sex on my office floor." Really dude?  With those pecs and abs???

Guess the character is not old enough to remember the song "60 Minute Man." It was a hit for Billy Ward & Dominoes in 1953, check it out on YT.

Well, at least Drew tried.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • LOL 9

Can Jason shoot Nina and drew? Those two are disgusting. Nina is always talking about willow. Drew always talking about his hate for Nina. Yuck 

Nina needs to let the brat of daughter go. Stop trying to do things to be in her life. 

Ava popping bipolar meds to sleep? Wth.  I guess that was to show she's not tampering with the pills, but that means she's after something else.  

Heather was victimized? Laura needs to be removed as Mayor.  Heather is a cop killer. 

Sonny really didn't say anything too crazy to warrant the are you on your meds line. I guess not bowing to Jason's feet and worshipping his return was the big issue. 

Carly ranting about an ice maker, why is nothing on Olivia? Everything is on Nina who has 3 jobs. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

My bipolar meds were originally prescribed to me to help me sleep/anxiety until I got a proper diagnosis and we just upped the dose. But if they are anything like what I am on they would knock her out if at any strength. Not the wisest medical decision for Ava but not the craziest idea in terms of sleep.

I'm thinking Ava may tell Sonny and be seen as the hero here further cementing their relationship. The Ava/Nina rift seems to be fast approaching. 

Edited by Grinaldi
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

I will not be shocked if Ava keeps it to herself and worms her way into the scheme. Or maybe that's just me wishcasting!

I’m assuming they had Ava take Sonny’s bipolar meds to realize that they’re different but it’s so dumb. Even ignoring the fact that Ava thought someone else’s regular prescription meds to fall asleep was preferable to just running out to get some melatonin, them not making her sleepy means nothing. Not every drug that “may cause drowsiness” will make every person who takes it drowsy and it being a lower dosage than Sonny was taking wouldn’t mean that they wouldn’t affect Ava- who unlike Sonny hasn’t been on bipolar meds for decades and is smaller.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

Im also starting to think Ava is the red herring and not the schemer, which is disappointing if true. They’ll figure out Sonny meds were tampered with and Ava’s fingerprints are on the bottle along with her history of tampering with medications so she’ll be suspected. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 3

That Paralegal should be out of a job. Never in my life have I seen anyone so irresponsible or STOOPID.

My fingers got a workout with the fast forward button. Deep inside, I'm hoping Jagger is playing Cujo.

But I can't have nice things, because it seems even with the return of Mulcahey, Cujo ALWAYS comes smelling like a rose.

And STFU, Diane.

• Like 8

I’m glad TJ is getting POV regarding the baby but I’m also annoyed by him. He’s been very clear about the fact that he didn’t want Kristina to be the surrogate/egg donor but was spineless when it came up. He mostly just complained about it to his family after the fact. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s purposefully distant with this pregnancy because of his poor relationship with Kristina. 

TBH I think Molly and TJ were so set on making Kristina the villain of this story when they are the real ones who don’t seem to be all that into the pregnancy anymore. They can’t even be bothered to attend doctor’s appointments.

So why are the MC’s issues all falling on Nina? What’s Olivia doing? I mean, her bitching about Nina firing an obviously incompetent employee because it’s mean kind of leads me to believe that she’s the problem when it comes to the staff. Not that I buy that Nina would be managing the day to day operations of that place at her level. Jax never did when he owned the MC and Nina has 2 other jobs. She’d treat the MC like an investment and hire a manager. 

They are really setting Nina up with having her tell everyone that Carly is sleeping with Jagger. One because she’s going to end up with egg on her face when it comes out that she’s not hit even if she was, who’s that impacting? Both of them are single. 

Are they fazing out the Savoy? What was up Drew wanting Curtis to head up some fitness venture with him?

So most of the Qs went to fancy European boarding schools and travelled extensively across the world but trust fund BL has never been to Florence despite the fact that she’s been wanting to go forever and Chase had to sell his car to finance the trip on his own? I guess show

• Like 11
(edited)

It's rather pathetic that TJ has to have his grandfather tell him to focus on his relationship rather than fixating on what he doesn't like about his SIL/surrogate. This young guy got to be a doctor, is in a relationship with the woman he loves, is doing fine financially, is going to be a father soon, and his uncle/father figure just started walking again. How many men in the world would be thrilled to have his life?! Count your blessings that your biggest concern is that you don't have your personal ideal of a surrogate carrying your baby. UGH!!

Nina wants Drew to cooperate so she can get back into her daughter's life and she also wants to get along with her daughter's husband ... so she walks in on a meeting Drew is having with Curtis and her daughter's husband and announces to the three of them that Carly is sleeping with John Cates. 

The only positive things I can say about GH right now is Hudson West is doing an awesome job playing Jake, and GF's/Laura's haircut looks lovely.   Yeesh. (Carly's behavior and conversation with Jagger/John is so WTF I can't even comment.)

ETA: I understand that some people think Drew/Nina is hot stuff, but the misogyny of Drew re: Nina makes it, and him, repulsive to me.  I had hoped this show would limit misogyny to the Sonny character; people knew he was a Mobster sleazeball. This turn is such a pity because Drew used to be a promising character.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 10
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2

"Let the meeting of the minds begin!" The last time you had a meeting of the minds, Drew, you were charged with insider trading. 

Since when does Aurora have significant capital?

16 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Chase had to sell his car to finance the trip on his own?

He doesn't want BL to pay for everything, which I get, but there are other ways to feel as if he's contributing financially to their relationship. I'm pretty sure BL doesn't want Chase to beggar himself just so he can feel manly.

I hate this whole surrogacy story. It's been gross from the start, with Molly and TJ being unrealistic about how much they can control Kristina. She's not a robotic incubator. 

Again Carly whines about the standards at the MetroCourt, forgetting her bestie Olivia is supposed to be equally responsible.

• Like 9
  • Love 3

That whole conversation between TJ and Marshall is months too late. I seem to remember a very excited TJ about the surrogacy and Kristina being the donor. The people who had reservations about the whole thing from the start were Alexis, Jordan and Sam. Kristina, TJ and Molly were happy as can be with the arrangement. Should have had the conversation with Molly at that point. The genie's out of the bottle. Can't kick it back in.

Guess Drew got the idea for the wellness and whatever from the Crimson article he asked Nina to send him.

Why is the show insisting on making Nina a busybody. Just stop with that already. It's annoying and no one cares.

Glad to see Curtis is already walking without a cane. It's like he was never in a wheelchair. To think of all the whining and woe is me bullshit we had to put up with for this. Lose the chair, lose the cane, run a marathon.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

The good, the bad and the why for today:

1-BrookLynn and Chase: love them. They are sweet, though I don't understand this plot point that Chase is so poor that he needs to sell his truck to pay for the honeymoon.

2-TJ and Marshall: Dear TJ, Molly is also related to Target Sonny and yet you still 'married' her. Also, did you forget that Target Sonny paid for your medical schooling? Also, other than visit her father, Kristina has been taking care of herself and the baby.

3-Molly and Alexis. Love this new Molly and I beleive the mother/daugher relationship. Love that Alexis got her hearing to get her licence back.

4- Anna and Valentin, Anna honey I need you to be just a smidge smarter and realize that Valentin is a lying liar who's pants are on fire.

5-Carly and John, Once he was awake and it was establishd that he didn't have a concussion, why didn't she leave right away? Why have breakfast with him when her young daughter is waiting for her at home and the nanny needs a break? Plot point writing to have Nina witness it.

6-Nina and the boys. Of course she was going to run and tell Drew what she saw. These new writers are just as consistent in having Nina look like an idiot all the time. Someone in that writing room hates that character.

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
(edited)

I haven't  watched all week.  Every recap makes me feel sick.   If they hate Nina or Cynthia so much  why not write her off the show?  Because they want to use her to fluff their pets.  Same as  it ever was, except this time I happen to love the character.  So that's one week I've lapsed.  What would bring me back?  Not more of this I can tell you that.  I  may be done for good.  They'd have to rewrite Nina, and I don't think they want to.  I think someone(s) have their hands down their pants there writing this  stuff.  Or it's ABC, which means Nathan, and I don't believe for one moment he cares enough to agenda direct things  this way.  I don't understand it, but then I remember what they did to AJ.  What they did to Julian.  All for the benefit of their little pets.  And I'm sure there were others.  So it is what it is.  The show is not for me at this time. 

Does anyone here watch Days?  Should I start watching that?  Or Bold?

Edited by CeChase
  • Like 5
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 8

TJ, you married into a family who all have ties to Sonny. He’s Molly’s uncle, Kristina’s father, Sam is dating his son and has a kid with his business partner, hell even Alexis is pretty friendly with him. Like even if we forget about the years that TJ’s father worked for Sonny and TJ liked/admired him or say he changed his opinion as an adult, he’d have to be absolutely blind to think his kid would never be around Sonny. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

I was going to ask, "Why does TJ hate Kristina." but it's because of Sonny? did he forget that Molly is also related to Sonny?

here is my thing about Chase and BLQ. 
BLQ is from a very affluent family, and clearly BLQ has money of her own. 
Chase is a working class cop. 

they should be having MANY discussions about cost of living etc (and drama of one being rich and the other one VERY MUCH NOT so) if BLQ wants to go to Florence and Chase doesn't want BLQ to pay for it. they need to (a argue about it, for drama because God knows they aren't having sex and B: just figure out what they can do with their money). but chase has got to realize that he's always going to be financially less than BLQ. (and unlike Willow who just laps it all up, it would be nice if Chase kinda balks at it. imo this would be the thing that breaks them up/heads to divorce) because BLQ does not seem like a person who can be kept by a police detectives salary (which is equally fine).

• Like 5
53 minutes ago, Daisy said:

BLQ does not seem like a person who can be kept by a police detectives salary

BL has her own salary through Deception.  That marriage is not hurting for money.  

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Artsda said:

Carly ranting about an ice maker, why is nothing on Olivia? Everything is on Nina who has 3 jobs. 

I'm sure Carly would have replaced the ice maker herself! Seriously, doesn't the Metro Court have regular staff, maintenance, managers and assistant managers? Wouldn't a complaint be routed to one of them for correction? If the food was left outside the room (was the DND sign on?) the people to call are the Room Service organization, which should be on speed dial for the room phone. (Personal experience: I recently stayed somewhere where power to part of the room went out, and we called the front desk to report it. Shortly, a maintenance person showed up to reset what seemed to be a fuse. We didn't talk to the owner.)

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I can tell that Carly is soon going to be back as partner at the Metro Court.  Prrobably something Nina does in her umpteenth attempt to get Willow to like her again.

I'm completely disinterested in the Molly/TJ/Kristina storyline.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I've recently discovered that I hate Dr. Michael Easton. I hate his very blandness and lack of personality. I swear I remember liking Finn/Elizabeth before, in a tepid way, but I can only assume that was because I'd been burned by Franco/Elizabeth, a relationship straight out of a Lifetime movie but with delusions of being a Hallmark movie. Finn/Liz is not from any movie b/c the producers would have fallen asleep halfway through the pitch.

I think this was triggered by the recent AJ (and kids) talk around here, which reminded me of AJ/Elizabeth and the all the potential that was lost (thrown away) there.

• Applause 2
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

BL has her own salary through Deception.  That marriage is not hurting for money.  

no that's my point. 

BLQ has her own salary but she has Q money behind her. so she has money money. i mean if i remember anything from what a PCPD makes from Lucky, it's not that much because Liz had to be Jax's surrogate to help get more money. 

If Chase had to sell his car, they haven't had the money talk yet (or if they had y'all didn't tell me hah)

It takes a special kind of chutzpah to vent about how you could be running the MC better, when you not only lost your half on a risky venture that could have killed the whole complex, but also have refused several attempts to get you the MC back including but not limited to: A) Nina outright offering it to you for free B) Nina offering it at a reduced price and C) Several friends and former lovers offering to give it to you. 

It seems to be in the wind that Carly will have it back soon, probably via Jason, and then we hopefully won't have to hear her bitching about the hot water heater any longer.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Since a wedding is coming up, and I might not be around here for the wedding I wanted to post that, for the first time in my life, I actually was at a wedding where the officiant asked the "is there any reason for these 2 not to be married" question. It was a civil ceremony with an officiant and he kind of made a joke of it. I was half expecting someone to barge in because that is what I am accustomed to from watching SOAPs 😅

• LOL 12
(edited)

Let’s stop with calling what Cujo did “a risky  venture”. It was FULL OUT Insider Training and it’s ILLEGAL. But Cujo didn’t give a rat’s ass. She’s a criminal herself though she she tries to coat it otherwise. GOD, I miss Robin, who wasn’t afraid to call her out on her SHIT.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Overall, it seems to this viewer that the new writing team arrived with a vision for the Jason storyline, and many of those in its shadow, a commitment to more in-depth character exploration---and little else.  I suspect that's why we're getting some very nice interaction, conversation and even soliloquy (Trina) in each episode.  But I suspect it's also why the Jason-related storyline seems to be the only one that is actually advancing.  Nothing else feels like it has any kind of an arc, or actual planning.  I wonder if they are using the little interludes as a means of themselves getting to know the characters better before they move them forward.  One can only hope.  

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Let’s stop with calling what Cujo did “a risky  venture”. It was FULL OUT Insider Training and it’s ILLEGAL. But Cujo didn’t give a rat’s ass. She’s a criminal herself though she she tries to coat it otherwise. GOD, I miss Robin, who wasn’t afraid to call her out on her SHIT.

to be fair to Carly. (oh that hurts) - at the time she didn't know it was insider trading. she just didn't listen to Michael and Drew. from the moment she knew though? you are 10000 percent right

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

It takes a special kind of chutzpah to vent about how you could be running the MC better, when you not only lost your half on a risky venture that could have killed the whole complex, but also have refused several attempts to get you the MC back including but not limited to: A) Nina outright offering it to you for free B) Nina offering it at a reduced price and C) Several friends and former lovers offering to give it to you. 

It seems to be in the wind that Carly will have it back soon, probably via Jason, and then we hopefully won't have to hear her bitching about the hot water heater any longer.

I cannot with the massive amount of bullshit in the last few days about how AWFUL the MC has become and how it's all Nina's fault (somehow Olivia is now helpless and has no say despite owning 1/2 of it) and how much BETTER it was when the entitled cow owned it.  Miss me with this, new writers.  Honestly, if they were so hellbent on giving the place back to Carly, there were ways to do it without again making Nina the scapegoat and Carly stomping around shrieking about cold scrambled eggs.

I don't really care about Chase and Brooklyn that much, but it so happens on this day last year I was returning from my amazing Italy vacation (where, why yes, I did eat gelato every single day), so all the Florence talk made me smile.

• Like 9
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Anna and Valentin, Anna honey I need you to be just a smidge smarter and realize that Valentin is a lying liar who's pants are on fire.

I’m not quite sure what to make of that scene. Part of me thinks (hopes) that she was playing him and trying to get him to slip up somehow. The memories’ of him and Brennan shooting pool and drinking together just seemed too convenient like she was fishing. of course I’m probably giving this more thought than the writers did…

i mostly like Nina, but the writers are making it VERY hard to continue to like her. WTF with acting like a 5 year old tattling on Carly to Drew and by extension Michael. I mean, why should Drew care one way or the other? They’re not together anymore. 

as for BL and Chase, it’s ridiculous that he had to sell his truck to afford a honeymoon in Florence. I get that he wants to make her happy, but maybe go to Palm Beach and then save enough money during the year to take the Florence trip for their anniversary. How is he supposed to get to and from work now? Or do anything else? Are we supposed to believe PC has a terrific mass transit system?

• Like 5

TJ expected Kristina to not see her dad for 9 months? Maybe Sonny factor should have been thought about before? Also Kristina is having the baby, TJ wants her home on a schedule?

So Nina is responsible for room service food, firing someone, hot water,  ice maker. What does Olivia do? She runs to Carly to bitch, but does she do anything at this hotel? 

Nina didn't learn from her TJ and Willow affair gossip? Or Carly and Sonny's mobster employee. 

Brooklyn never been to Florence? She's rich. Wasn't she a performer travelling? 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, JMO said:

Overall, it seems to this viewer that the new writing team arrived with a vision for the Jason storyline, and many of those in its shadow, a commitment to more in-depth character exploration---and little else

The new team is trying to turn a moving oil tanker. The Jason story is 100% new so they have more ability to write it while they get everyone else where they want them to be for long term story.

Mulcahey is a disciple of Doug Marland who had rules about taking over a show including waiting to remove or add characters. We're also heading into May sweeps so I expect the real meat of their new stories to start them. Right now is a lot of moving chess pieces and gettimg rid of dead weight story wise.

I also think there is a change in the Carly fluffing. Maybe it's just me but all her crapping on Nina of late has seemed extra gross. And the big monologue about her resilience came from Diana who is not an honest broker. She was speaking about a client to another client. Of course she was effusive. That's how her character talks. If it was someone like Laura or a random character like say Portia waxing rhapsodic about Carly's virtues I would be more concerned. Hearing it from A+ bullshit artist Diane carries less weight. I don't think she is a mouthpiece for the writers, I think she us being written consistently.

And I don't think we were supposed to find Michael and Willow charming for their asshole behavior yesterday. 

My take is we are all so used to half the town being Mary Sues and shills for Carly/Sonny that now that we are getting more nuanced writing it can feel like more of the same. But maybe, just maybe, all the crapping on Nina feels petty because it is intended to be petty.

Then again I am a bit of a Mary Sue for PM specifically myself so I may be seeing what I want to see.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Brooklyn never been to Florence? She's rich. Wasn't she a performer travelling? 

Do we know for sure she is, though? Just because you're related to rich people doesn't mean you necessarily are. I mean, Ned is and I'm sure he paid enough child support to make sure Lois and BL lived comfortably while she grew up but between the Q's having lost several fortunes over the decades, having cash tied up in ELQ stock and BL wanting to make it on her own, maybe a fantasy trip to Italy wasn't in the budget? Or there was never time from one crisis to the next?

Though Chase selling his truck to finance it is really dumb, imo. 

Edited by tessaray
  • Like 2

They've turned Chase into some stupid schmoopy guy who makes ridiculous financial decisions based on masculine insecurities. He was perfectly confident and savvy when he was with Willow.

I need Lois to leave NOW if for no other reason than I cannot bear to hear BLQZZZ say "Maaahhhhh" anymore!!!! 

• LOL 3
50 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Though Chase selling his truck to finance it is really dumb, imo. 

Maybe he took the same "Easy Ways to Make Money For People Who Don't Personal Finance Good" that Carly did. She sold her hotel with the idea that she'd use that money to buy stock and when that stock made money she'd buy her hotel back. I would have just gotten a loan from the bank but I'm not brave and strong like Carly and I only love with most of my heart, not my whole heart, which is probably why I don't have millionaires offering me money for existing.

• LOL 15
(edited)
12 hours ago, TVbitch said:

They've turned Chase into some stupid schmoopy guy who makes ridiculous financial decisions based on masculine insecurities. He was perfectly confident and savvy when he was with Willow.

Let's face it, Chase has never been a brain trust.

13 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

The new team is trying to turn a moving oil tanker. The Jason story is 100% new so they have more ability to write it while they get everyone else where they want them to be for long term story.

Mulcahey is a disciple of Doug Marland who had rules about taking over a show including waiting to remove or add characters. We're also heading into May sweeps so I expect the real meat of their new stories to start them. Right now is a lot of moving chess pieces and gettimg rid of dead weight story wise.

I also think there is a change in the Carly fluffing. Maybe it's just me but all her crapping on Nina of late has seemed extra gross. And the big monologue about her resilience came from Diana who is not an honest broker. She was speaking about a client to another client. Of course she was effusive. That's how her character talks. If it was someone like Laura or a random character like say Portia waxing rhapsodic about Carly's virtues I would be more concerned. Hearing it from A+ bullshit artist Diane carries less weight. I don't think she is a mouthpiece for the writers, I think she us being written consistently.

I think there's been a big and positive change in a lot of the show. I also think they are embracing Nina as a hot rich mess (which she is and always has been) in a new and refreshing way, as you say. And I say that as someone who is no fan of the slanted treatment of her vs. Carly over recent years. But my being tired of Carly's bullshit doesn't make Nina any more stable or heroic. She has always been crazy, desperate and on her own trip.

But I think some days are better than others. You can see some of the old past patterns a lot more in some of this week vs. most other days - yes, Nina's histrionic personality may have been needed to engage to get her to fuck Drew, but there were better ways to do it than the whole episode being people going around town complaining about Nina again. These ups and downs will happen as a show changes. What sticks is what will matter in the future.

If we see Nina getting to lash out at Willow, etc. in a different way it will mean more to me. And as for Drew and Nina's behavior towards each other both before and after fucking, that is just love/hate 101 and pretty smart and fun for me. Nothing Nina said or did was OOC. They're frankly the most exciting thing on the show for me right now, which I don't have to tell you is super weird for me since I generally find both characters deeply expendable.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 4
13 hours ago, Artsda said:

Nina didn't learn from her TJ and Willow affair gossip? Or Carly and Sonny's mobster employee. 

Exactly. Kind of a flat learning curve. You'd think that she might make better use of her gossip columnist - implying that Carly and John were involved rather than making a flat statement that would be easily denied. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, KittyQ said:

We didn't talk to the owner.

But that's what sets Carly apart from sloppy Nina. It's that special personal touch Carly so loves. UGH.

17 hours ago, Blackie said:

for the first time in my life, I actually was at a wedding where the officiant asked the "is there any reason for these 2 not to be married" question.

I've heard that at every wedding I've been to. I've always wanted someone to blow in and shout "J'accuse!" but alas, everything has gone as it should. Hee.

15 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I did eat gelato every single day

It's the law when you're in Italy to eat gelato every day!

I'm not surprised BLQ hasn't been to Florence. She grew up with Lois in Bensonhurst, and Lois was never one to want to throw the Q money around for the sake of showing she has it. That was one of Lois and Ned's issues during their relationship, that Ned used the Q money and influence in ways Lois disapproved.

I don't mind the Nina/Drew hate sex, but I the setup didn't quite work for me. It was a bit too WTF because of Nina wanting Drew to help her with Willow. They should have kept the focus on Nina being back at Crimson and bating him about Carly. Oh, well.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Wow. When given good writing, Jane Elliot and Amanda Setton are fantastic screen partners! It's great to see Tracy shine as a grandmother.

Shut up, Curtis. Carly absolutely would cheat. She cheated on her husband Sonny with Jax and she cheated on her husband Jax with Sonny. Drew was just her boyfriend as a stand-in for Jason's absence. 

So is Gregory a replacement male best friend now for Jax in Alexis's life? They have great friend chemistry; I can't remember the last time she interacted with Valentin. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 2

Het Drew--you cannot buy something that is not for sale.  He asked how much money he would need to buy Carly's half of the Metrocourt.  Heck Nina offered it to her for free and she said no

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

So is Gregory a replacement male best friend now for Jax in Alexis's life? They have great friend chemistry; I can't remember the last time she interacted with Valentin. 

I’m pretty sure her male bff replacement was Finn but they hardly share scenes together anymore. I think Gregory replaced his role in her life. Valentin, once they started getting along anyway, was always treated more like family, even when they thought they weren’t related

• Like 2
  • Love 2

More Deception squabbling. Please end this.

Jason will probably threaten Nina into selling him her share of the MetroCourt so he can give it back to Carly. And because it's Jason, Carly will be okay with not doing it on her own. Spare me.

The money talk between BL and Chase could be interesting. I don't think we'll ever get it, which is a shame. I's not just about one party having more money, it's about making plans for that money as a team.

I wouldn't call Tracy and Luke's marriage a true partnership—he always found a way to take advantage of her—and I hate how she's rewriting things because of her grief. 

I look at Valentin and Alexis as a Cassadine alliance, not really as confidants. They help each other out when necessary but otherwise aren't too involved. That's fine with me.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Jason will probably threaten Nina into selling him her share of the MetroCourt so he can give it back to Carly. And because it's Jason, Carly will be okay with not doing it on her own. Spare me.

So much for "doing it on my own."  I cannot tell you how refreshing the Jason/Carly scenes were today when they fell back into exactly the obnoxious, toxic dynamic they've had for decades.  Bravo, writers, for making me feel secure in my "these two suck" position I've held since 1999.

Loved the Tracy/BL scenes.  I loved that Tracy's edges have been softened just enough (but not too much!) and she's letting people in.  Great to see.

• Like 4
  • Applause 8

Jason buying the hotel back for Carly? This show is getting more appalling by the day. 

I'm so tired of Lucy. Maxie is right, Lucy is the problem. Hopefully they lose sales from that segment. 

Brooklyn needed Tracy to tell her that buying a new truck was a bad idea? 

• Like 6

I don’t necessarily think it’s a good idea for BL to buy Chase a truck but this show tends to get very fixed in its gender roles. We just had Michael encourage Willow to quit her job because “they” have plenty of money and that’s just the latest in a line of relationships on this show where the man has substantially more money than the woman and no one makes the woman in those case feels she has to contribute equally. Tracy isn’t exactly one to talk. Luke was basically a bum who married her for her money even though she likes to pretend otherwise now. At least Chase isn’t a gold digger and is gainfully employed. 

• Like 6
On 4/11/2024 at 3:15 PM, CeChase said:

I haven't  watched all week.  Every recap makes me feel sick.   If they hate Nina or Cynthia so much  why not write her off the show?  Because they want to use her to fluff their pets.  Same as  it ever was, except this time I happen to love the character.  So that's one week I've lapsed.  What would bring me back?  Not more of this I can tell you that.  I  may be done for good.  They'd have to rewrite Nina, and I don't think they want to.  I think someone(s) have their hands down their pants there writing this  stuff.  Or it's ABC, which means Nathan, and I don't believe for one moment he cares enough to agenda direct things  this way.  I don't understand it, but then I remember what they did to AJ.  What they did to Julian.  All for the benefit of their little pets.  And I'm sure there were others.  So it is what it is.  The show is not for me at this time. 

Does anyone here watch Days?  Should I start watching that?  Or Bold?

Just stop watching.  I was done with this show when they fired Roger Howarth.  It was freeing.  I check in every now and then and just be on my way.  I saw the hate sex on Twitter.  Hot?  I don’t think so.  The way his shirt just flew open — that was ridiculous.  I’ve never rolled my eyes so hard except for someone claiming that it’s not Korte’s fault when it so obviously is.

On 4/11/2024 at 8:56 PM, Grinaldi said:

Then again I am a bit of a Mary Sue for PM specifically myself so I may be seeing what I want to see.

That’s it.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

Just stop watching.  I was done with this show when they fired Roger Howarth.  It was freeing.  I check in every now and then and just be on my way.  I saw the hate sex on Twitter.  Hot?  I don’t think so.  The way his shirt just flew open — that was ridiculous.  I’ve never rolled my eyes so hard except for someone claiming that it’s not Korte’s fault when it so obviously is.

That’s it.

I did.  I didn't watch any episode last week, and having read the spoilers for this coming week, I won't be watching.  That will be two  weeks.  That's how routines form.   I really don't know what will bring me back at this point.  As long as the writing is this slanted and agenda-driven, there's nothing for me.  And I agree with you about Korte.  

• Like 9