Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

It seems that there are more than a few characters (Charlotte, Spencer, Sasha, Joss's study-buddy, etc.) that could use a good therapist. Kevin should be recruiting assistants, because he should be very busy! Maybe TJ could put his psychology training to good use (except he probably needs it himself to deal with his kidnapping trauma).

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
25 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

It seems that there are more than a few characters (Charlotte, Spencer, Sasha, Joss's study-buddy, etc.) that could use a good therapist. Kevin should be recruiting assistants, because he should be very busy! Maybe TJ could put his psychology training to good use (except he probably needs it himself to deal with his kidnapping trauma).

Oh yeah, Kevin should be the most booked person  in Port Charles!

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

I agree CeChase. I see Spencer as a young man who has been through many horrible upheavals in his life. No mother , a father who disappears, boarding school etc. He is determined to give Ace a better life than he had which is why he goes over the top is his actions. He is trying to protect his little brother from the same kind of heartache that he has been living through. 
I understand Trina’s upset as well. She may not be aware of some of what Spencer has been through. Joss should fill her in. 
Kudos to Dex for trying to help. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2
On 11/9/2023 at 7:20 PM, susannah said:

Olivia and Eddie both seem to have lungs of steel, since they both have been underwater for quite some time. Also, as said, how could anyone be found in a lake at night?

Ned & Olivia = Aquaman & Mera. Or Namor & Namorita if you're a Marvel Fan.

Also, even though I have less than zero interest in Olivia, LiLo looked very pretty in the underwater scenes, kind of like a Mermaid, which was probably what the Director was aiming for.

14 hours ago, Artsda said:

I liked Anna slapping Valentine and pointing out she wouldn't have shot if she knew her stalker was a child.

Best I've liked Anna in a very, very long time. Hopefully, the reveal finally ends a couple that really didn't have very much chemistry to begin with.

Spencer's anger and behavior was over the top.  Trina will probably take him back but she shouldn't.  He isn't Aces father and I glad she pointed out Esme doesn't need to give him custody.

Run Trina, run! Spencer's showing the obsessive/possessive gene that all of the Cassadine men seem to have, and it doesn't get better.

In other news, Blaze and Kristina make a very attractive, appealing couple. The Kristina actress looks like a mini-Alexis and has captured a lot of Natasha's mannerisms and speech cadence. Best recast in a very long time.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

PC desperately needs another therapist because Kevin is related or has a prior relationship to 3/4 of the people who need his help the most.

Shut up, Dex. Go hold Joss' purse, that's literally all you are good for.

Alexis, if that judge is truly corrupt, then follow through and expose him. Don't just sit there and be smug because you got your friend out of prison. That's not being a crusader for change. That using you influence to get your way and makes you no better than someone like Cyrus.

Edited by Mirabelle
  • Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I agree CeChase. I see Spencer as a young man who has been through many horrible upheavals in his life. No mother , a father who disappears, boarding school etc. He is determined to give Ace a better life than he had which is why he goes over the top is his actions. He is trying to protect his little brother from the same kind of heartache that he has been living through.

That may be what Spencer went through but that has nothing to do with Ace. It is not his place to give Ace anything or have any control over his life or his mother. Ace is being cared for just fine. It is not being rational to project one's own life onto others. He has also passed "over the top" into psycho territory.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, susannah said:

That may be what Spencer went through but that has nothing to do with Ace.

That's what the "gift" of trauma does, though. I'm not entirely up on what's happening on the show right now, but Spencer's lousy childhood is informing his actions here. I don't think it can be disputed that Nikolas was a supremely terrible father, that he traumatized this kid over and over again for very little reason, and if he's not rational about how Ace will grow up, that's the Why of it.

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:
18 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

So Ned mentioning it being 2022 means he doesn't remember the last year?  Way to draw out this whistleblower crap.

I kind of thought that was a mistake Wally made and they just rolled with it.  I hope so anyway.

Same. Olivia said it was 2023 and Ned made some comment, and they moved on. I don't think it was scripted.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

That's what the "gift" of trauma does, though. I'm not entirely up on what's happening on the show right now, but Spencer's lousy childhood is informing his actions here. I don't think it can be disputed that Nikolas was a supremely terrible father, that he traumatized this kid over and over again for very little reason, and if he's not rational about how Ace will grow up, that's the Why of it.

I get that, but Spencer is not Ace's father. If he were, it would be good that he is aware of his emotional wounds and strive to ensure his child's life is better, but it's not his child. If he really cared about Ace, he would see that Esme is taking fine care of him. But he doesn't care at all about Esme, or the fact that she is a good mother. He only sees her as someone who is taking away HIS possession, that HE will never see again, because he might live three blocks away. It's all about Spencer, and control, not about Ace.

Edited by susannah
spelling
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I don't see him trying to protect him. You can protect him and still be in his life while living down the block. He's trying to show obsessive power and hold over Ace.  Like he's Spencer's property. 

The doctor's appointment Esme didn't tell him because Kevin was with her and they could do it themselves and he flipped out that he needed to be told and he needed to be there and he didn't. He doesn't need to be there. He needs to learn boundaries. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 5

I hope there's room on Kevin's couch for Anna because she is going to need more help than Sonny, "I shot my son but went to church and got over it," Cortinthos can provide. 

I fear there are going to be undeserved/unending judgments coming her way. Elizabeth's rant, who seems to have forgotten her past relationships with gun-toting men, is likely only the beginning.

• Like 10
25 minutes ago, katenm said:

I fear there are going to be undeserved/unending judgments coming her way. Elizabeth's rant, who seems to have forgotten her past relationships with gun-toting men, is likely only the beginning.

The cost for protecting Charlotte instead of getting her the help she needs.

• Like 2

The doctor's appointment Esme didn't tell him because Kevin was with her and they could do it themselves and he flipped out that

Even if it turns out that a wand is waved and Spencer is indeed the father, NC comes across playing Spencer like a border-line manic when it come to Ace.  I don't watch with sound.  But it appears with his growth spurt, along with his delivery of dialogue choices (e.g., going from zero-to-100 mph when Ace's name is invoked) makes Spencer come across as a threatening individual.  I fully expected him to stand up and toss the table at the metro-court when Laura told him that Esme was moving out.  The collateral benefit is that Joss (in the roll of supporting actress) comes across in a more positive way.  so yea🫤.  #missing_Sidney/William Lipton.

Maxie/Brook Lynn/Sasha age group needs an actress that can herd that group together - probably in the role of Lulu. Amanda Setton has been infuriating watching Brook Lynn for this viewer as she has seems to have the acting chops but it's like getting another 'Maxie' when this show needs a 'Lulu'.  As things can always get worse, fingers are crossed that the casting folks choose for nuLulu someone like the new Kristina instead of acting student Dex.  

• Like 4
4 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Even if it turns out that a wand is waved and Spencer is indeed the father, NC comes across playing Spencer like a border-line manic when it come to Ace.  I don't watch with sound.  But it appears with his growth spurt, along with his delivery of dialogue choices (e.g., going from zero-to-100 mph when Ace's name is invoked) makes Spencer come across as a threatening individual.  I fully expected him to stand up and toss the table at the metro-court when Laura told him that Esme was moving out.  The collateral benefit is that Joss (in the roll of supporting actress) comes across in a more positive way.  so yea🫤.  #missing_Sidney/William Lipton.

Maxie/Brook Lynn/Sasha age group needs an actress that can herd that group together - probably in the role of Lulu. Amanda Setton has been infuriating watching Brook Lynn for this viewer as she has seems to have the acting chops but it's like getting another 'Maxie' when this show needs a 'Lulu'.  As things can always get worse, fingers are crossed that the casting folks choose for nuLulu someone like the new Kristina instead of acting student Dex.  

nuLuLu should be OG Lulu, kickin' butts and takin' names, not girl reporter with NO experience.

• Like 6

I don’t like either version of Lulu. JMB’s version was a mini Carly who was constantly going off on people up until the point she met Dante and ER’s version was a Pinterest mom

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Not as far as we know. I think people are just speculating on who would play her if she did. Some want JMB back and at one point I'd  have said that wasn't happening but IMDB doesn't have anything listed for her except an episode of CSI: Vegas in 2021. Emme Rylan doesn't seem to have done any acting since Lulu went into a coma. I'm not attached to either so I'd welcome a new actress. 

• Love 1

I see Spencer as having abandonment issues with his dad that he’s trying to resolve through Ace. I don’t seem him as abusive. If he were acting like Michael and literally trying to control every aspect of Esme’s life and all her personal relationships, then the word would apply. Here, he knows he can’t control the situation. That’s why he’s upset. I certainly never for one moment thought he was gonna hit anyone. 

As a Sprina fan, he’s completely irrational and delusional when it comes to that boy. I don’t think it’s a matter of Trina not understanding his abandonment issues. She does, but his solution means their relationship is doomed before it really started. He’s insane to think any woman is gonna sanction her man living with another woman so he can be there for his child. (And I didn’t write that wrong). It’s crazy. No one would accept this. That’s why I’m happy she walked away! 

Spencer needs to get a grip and get it together!  He also needs to stop projecting his hang ups and issues onto Ace. Just because he felt abandoned and lonely doesn’t mean Ace will. He needs to work on his own issues. 

• Like 4
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Spencer needs to get a grip and get it together!  He also needs to stop projecting his hang ups and issues onto Ace. Just because he felt abandoned and lonely doesn’t mean Ace will. He needs to work on his own issues. 

I don’t think he recognizes that their situations aren’t as similar because he’s too busy projecting his own isssues onto Ace. Spencer’s mother died and he felt like his only living parent ignored him or at best, didn’t prioritize him. Esme is an active parent so Ace does have someone. Ace is far from the only kid in PC to be raised by a single parent and most of them seem somewhat well adjusted and aren’t dealing with massive abandonment issues so it’s not a given Ace will. 

• Like 4
  • Love 6

We’ve just caught up after being 10 or so episodes behind for some time.  I’ve always thought the pacing of GH was off, but it does seem like a few storylines were wrapped up that I’d expected would drag on for weeks or months: Molly/Kristina’s “feud,” Drew getting sprung, Charlotte being revealed as at least partially responsible for Anna’s stalking, etc.  Is that reflective of a return of the previously-striking writers or just coincidence?  

Of course, the two SLs they’ll never fast forward (but I will!) are the SEC tipoff and Curtis.  Even on FF, Michael/CD’s 50 Shades of Pissy Face come through loud and clear.  

I just don’t get the patient advocate storyline with Felicia.  I *think* KW is on contract so they may be looking to feature her in something, but this just seems so sudden and forced - and even with its own subplots.  I know, I know, I shouldn’t complain about ANY story that’s based in the hospital….

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Ned’s amnesia storyline was a massive disappointment. All it amounted to was a few episodes of him being mean to his loved ones then a few months of him walking around looking like a slob and writing a song. I didn’t expect it to be a front burner storyline but there were a lot of interesting beats they could have played and nothing. Even Lois returning didn’t do much 

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
1 hour ago, mbluecpa said:

Is that reflective of a return of the previously-striking writers or just coincidence?

The pacing on the show has always been inconsistent, though I think the Molly/Kristina rapprochement happened because someone on the writing staff recognized it came out of nowhere and needed to end. When something is that wrong, I don't mind an abrupt wrap-up.

The Neddie thing, though, really should have had more of an ending that him being underwater and Olivia untangling his foot from the weeds. I'm okay with Olivia being the mermaid (or whatever) in the song, but we should have seen more of Ned with Olivia before he went to the boathouse. Ned had more of a connection with Lois than he did Olivia.

• Like 9

The Ned story isn't over yet though, and won't be until he remembers recent events, and spills on Nina.  She will probably be blamed for that dope running around a pool, which I was taught as a child never to do.  Slippery when wet, and all that.   

I'm not claiming it's going to have some great finish, don't get me wrong.  I'm just saying it's not finished just yet. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
45 minutes ago, CeChase said:

She will probably be blamed for that dope running around a pool, which I was taught as a child never to do.  Slippery when wet, and all that.   

I actually don't think he was running. He was walking fast and tripped over a towel.  but, at any rate, Nina is already blamed by that in the fandom, because he was "running away from her."  Like she was chasing him and he feared for his life or some such ridiculousness.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, lala2 said:

see Spencer as having abandonment issues with his dad that he’s trying to resolve through Ace. I don’t seem him as abusive. If he were acting like Michael and literally trying to control every aspect of Esme’s life and all her personal relationships, then the word would apply. Here, he knows he can’t control the situation. That’s why he’s upset. I certainly never for one moment thought he was gonna hit anyone. 

That’s how I see it too.  In no way do I think Spencer has bad intentions, I truly think he’s trying to protect Ace because he himself was not protected as a child.  I don’t think he thinks of Ace as a possession.  However, good intentions or not, he’s projecting his own abandonment issues on Ace and that’s not healthy.  He needs some tough love (like Trina was offering) and he needs to deal with his own issues.  I did like that Dex was trying to help and see Spencer’s side.  It’s not as cut and dried as Trina was making it sound, though in the end she’s right and Spencer needs to lay off both Esme and Ace.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

Nina lives with Sonny who is a master chef and owns a coffee shop. Nina owns half of a hotel with a gourmet restaurant. Why is she going to Kelly's, owned by Carly who hates her, to pick up breakfast?

I liked Yuri's metaphor of inanimate objects (trucks, whisky) in country music as metaphors for relationships.  I remember someone commenting at the Canadian country music awards last year that half the songs were about whisky or other alcohol.

Laura needs to fill in Liz so that she can warn Jake that Charlotte is a little psycho. Poor Jake. (I'm struck by how much the Jake actor looks like SBu.)

Martin: "Michael is a very formidable enemy and he has a target taped on your back."  Sure Martin. I'd say 'vindictive' rather than formidable but you do you to get out of your ethics violation.

Michael uses the 3 year old court case to justify hating Nina. If you have to go back that far, maybe don't be so convinced that she can't change.

Chase: "Dad, I know this is happening to you but it's also affecting me and Finn."  Wow, what a me! me! me! position. If Gregory wants to deny the seriousness of his condition to his children, let him.

Drew to Michael: "Your stewardship of Aurora has been extraordinary." And now these two jokes are going to take over ELQ, a much larger company who should have both Ned and Valetin fighting them. Could they be any more dunderheads? They shouldn't be in charge of a pet much less a multi-national corporation.

3 hours ago, CeChase said:

The Ned story isn't over yet though, and won't be until he remembers recent events, and spills on Nina. 

I had enough of Nina being the town pariah three years ago, maybe four, long before the Sonny amnesia and now the SEC stuff. Such a turn-off to this viewer.

45 minutes ago, Cabarb said:

Why do I have a bad feeling that when Spencer leaves to go film his movie, the storyline will be that he kidnaps Ace and goes on the run?

I'd love that. Very soapy and it makes sense with Spencer's need to "save" Ace.

• Like 2
  • Love 6

When the truth finally comes out, Nina needs to report Martin and have him disbarred. He can try to justify it however he wants but he broke lawyer/client confidentiality because he got scared when Michael threatened to sic Sonny on him. 

I’m forever going to be annoyed that Alexis got disbarred for lying about going out on a date with her former therapist yet Martin can break lawyer/client privilege and Diane can pretend to be the lawyer of one of Sonny’s mob enemies as a way to obtain info for Sonny and those infractions aren’t a big deal. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 3
  • Applause 9
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

When the truth finally comes out, Nina needs to report Martin and have him disbarred.

Martin's logic today was that she can't bring him up on charges without outing herself but that's only good until she gets outed.  Martin's not too bright.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3

FFS, Olivia. Ned is going to zone out a bit when he's remembering stuff. It doesn't mean he's gone back to Eddie. Again with the Defcon 1 before anything else. And then she crosses herself? Gah.

LOL at Drew's idea of "dressed up." He's wearing a jacket over his usual T-shirt and jeans.

Michael, either tell Willow about Nina or STFU about what a monster she is. Michael is such a wienie.

Chase does need to calm down with Gregory, but I get why he's hovering.

3 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

When the truth finally comes out, Nina needs to report Martin and have him disbarred. He can try to justify it however he wants but he broke lawyer/client confidentiality because he got scared when Michael threatened to sic Sonny on him.

Seriously. Just because Michael already knew Nina was the reporter doesn't mean Martin can break privilege. Also, it really annoys me Martin didn't call Michael on using Daddy as a threat. Interesting that Michael doesn't consider how Sonny might feel about Michael if Michael rats out Nina. This would be one place where Sonny's "it's all about me" would make things more interesting.

What does Michael have to do with Nina selling Carly half of the MetroCourt? Nothing, but somehow he's such a business genius he needs to be involved? 

I had to laugh at Drew and Michael plotting to get ELQ back. Because it worked so well the first time. Keep telling yourself you can do it, guys. You're idiots.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I had to laugh at Drew and Michael plotting to get ELQ back. Because it worked so well the first time. Keep telling yourself you can do it, guys. You're idiots

I’m still confused why they care other than they have nothing else to do. Despite Michael being the CEO, he’s never been that dedicated to ELQ. He told Sam was right to give up her kid’s ELQ voting rights to be around Jason and he would have done the same thing if in her position and was quick to turn down Valentin’s offer to head one of the divisions where he could have remained involved in overseeing the company and Drew’s never cared about ELQ. That storyline only made sense for family members like Tracy and Ned who were really invested in ELQ and in Ned’s case, had to sacrifice a lot to be involved. 

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I’m still confused why they care other than they have nothing else to do.

That's literally it.  Now that he's out of jail Ted Talk Drew has nothing to do (that rhymed!!).  So they're going back to how things were before this all started....Nina is the evilest, Carly has the Metrocourt, Drew and Michael are fighting Ned for ELQ, you know, the riveting stories.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Anna telling (off the record) about Charlotte: what do you want to bet that Valentin denies everything if questioned by Dante and Jordan?

Drew and Michael decide to go back to taking over ELQ? Worked so well before, why not try it again? What will Ned do when he gets into the office? 

• Like 2
On 11/10/2023 at 6:11 PM, statsgirl said:

He thought that he saw Charlotte head that way. Then he would have heard to gunshot and followed it.

But, Anna lives in a doorman building (HAHA), and does he even know that Anna took over Maxie's apartment, since it JUST HAPPENED?  How did he get in the "secure" building?  How did he know which apartment to go to?  Why wasn't the doorman there first?  The stupidity, it hurts...

• Like 6

Drew: If Ned hadn't been such a weanie and the merger had gone through, I would have been the majority shareholder in ELQ.

Huh?First of all, ELQ is a much, much larger company than Aurora. And second there are other shareholders in both companies so there is no way Drew alone could have been the majority shareholder in ELQ. His business sense is terrible.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Interesting that Michael doesn't consider how Sonny might feel about Michael if Michael rats out Nina. This would be one place where Sonny's "it's all about me" would make things more interesting.

Kudos to the writers for the consistency in Michael's entitlement and ego. He believes that he is the most important person, along with his mother and kids, and so Sonny would naturally support him over Nina.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

What does Michael have to do with Nina selling Carly half of the MetroCourt? Nothing, but somehow he's such a business genius he needs to be involved?

That was one of Michael's demands for keeping quiet, that Nina give her part of the Metro Court back to Carly. Nina protested that she tried but Carly wouldn't take it and Michael threatened that she better find a way.

Nina telling Carly to check with Michael was her way of pointing to Michael to her being a good girl.

• Like 3

Nina should have Martin disbarred. Also is Martin logic of breaking attorney client privilege the same logic that it's ok to do insider trading as long as you lose money?

Good for Ned for calling out that Olivia didn't believe him either.  He should be having anger over that and not insta forgive. But since she saved it all must be forgiven even though she's been a terrible wife to him.  Always siding with Drew and Carly. 

Drew the amazing good guy wants to still not be over taking ELQ, blame and use Ned's accident against him.  Can Drew go back to jail?  Nina did us a favor.  The so-called good people are the ones who need to be called out. 

How was Drew going to have controlling interest when it's family business, he didn't have enough votes to make it happen in first place.  I need Tracy back to deal with these 2 fools. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Martin is a terrible attorney. He's supposed to be Esme's attorney and there has been no movement on getting her access to her trust fund or even contacting her siblings (if they actually exist). 

Also, Nina was a rich client who could pay her bills and now she's not going to use him. Nina, go back to Llanview and hire Nora Gannon. She had her faults but she would never had sold you out to that turd. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

Ugh in the previews we see Carly asking Sonny why would Nina want to give her back the hotel now.  Umm, Carly love….Nina wanted to give you back the hotel approximately 2.5 seconds after she acquired it, so simmer with thinking she now has nefarious reasons.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Hey Nina, sell your hotel half back at double what you paid for it.

I'm confused about Charlotte.   Is she trying to make Jake believe that Anna maliciously shot her, or does she really believe it? 

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 2

Oh, great--Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum are back to cosplaying masters of the universe.  Yes, yes, Mr. "I'm dressed up because I threw on a sports jacket over my old t-shirt" and the walking participation trophy winner think they're going to take over ELQ.  What happens when they find out Ned remembers who he is?  I hope they try some assinine trickery again and Ned crushes them.

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
32 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I'm confused about Charlotte.   Is she trying to make Jake believe that Anna maliciously shot her, or does she really believe it? 

I agree that Nina should do that, but she probably won't. 

I think Charlotte is building a story that Anna meant to shoot her, not a threatening intruder. All part of Victor's brainwashing, I suppose. According to the letter (and whatever other triggering objects Victor supplied) Anna is dangerous to Valentin and must be destroyed (at least I think that last part is the case). So, this shooting, while unintentional, is great for selling that story.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, MarciNJ said:

But, Anna lives in a doorman building (HAHA), and does he even know that Anna took over Maxie's apartment, since it JUST HAPPENED?  How did he get in the "secure" building?  How did he know which apartment to go to?  Why wasn't the doorman there first?  The stupidity, it hurts..

Not only that, and why the doorman wasn't there at all, all of which I thought of as well, but Anna had to tell Jake to turn the light on, therefore Anna couldn't have known it was Charlotte, in the dark, in that black robe. Plus he saw Charlotte lying next to the open trunk, where she was apparently looking for paper to leave the note about having Anna's keys, wouldn't we all?  which will show her fingerprints, the keys she also showed to Jake, saying they would get her everything she wanted. I wish everyone would get together and compare Charlotte's lies. I believe that Charlotte said that Anna knew who she was and intentionally tried to kill her.

I am close to getting back on the barge. The bad guys are taking over. Michael is abusing and controlling everyone he can, and Nina's tragic tear filled eyes are too sad to watch. Enough Nina torture! Spencer is not dealing in reality and is a danger to Esme and Ace.

I didn't think Chase was being self centered at all when he and Gregory were talking. He was just letting Gregory know that he wasn't alone in his pain and his fear, that they were all in it together.

Edited by susannah
clarity
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

I wish she would, but Michael forbids that under the terms of his blackmail. Little shit.

Color me shocked that Olivia didn't erupt and grab a megaphone when she heard about Nina. "It's her fault you had a brain injury, she sent St. Drew to jail and Carly has to sling hash for a living now..." etc etc.

By the way, call me Kreskin but as soon as I saw Olivia's outfit the other day I knew she was going in the drink. Even for this show, those pants were hideous -- just like Wally's cheap suit before he went into the pool.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Like 5
  • LOL 2
9 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

By the way, call me Kreskin but as soon as I saw Olivia's outfit the other day I knew she was going in the drink. Even for this show, those pants were hideous

Also, she ALWAYS wears dresses....

• Like 8
13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

That was one of Michael's demands for keeping quiet, that Nina give her part of the Metro Court back to Carly. Nina protested that she tried but Carly wouldn't take it and Michael threatened that she better find a way.

Nina telling Carly to check with Michael was her way of pointing to Michael to her being a good girl.

Oh, I forgot about that. Thanks, @statsgirl.

11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

walking participation trophy winner

The perfect description of Michael! I was thinking of that when Drew told him his stewardship of Aurora had been "exceptional." Simmer down, Drew. You're lucky you have a company to come back to.

• LOL 2
7 minutes ago, ljr said:

Are Charlotte and Jake cousins? They have the same grandmother. 

Biologically? No.

But Jake was adopted* by Lucky and Charlotte is the test tube rape baby of Lulu, so that's why Laura is grandma to both.

*I say "adopted" b/c it's easier & shorter, but Lucky was Jake's legal father since birth and as far as I know that was never changed, even if this show pretends that Jason was an involved dad, despite the fact that before Jake was "dead"/kidnapped by Helena, he wouldn't have been able to pick Jason out of a line-up. This show has done Lucky Spencer so dirty.

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1

this will forever drive me nuts. 
"NIna was the one who turned them in."
"Oh she sucks."
"she can't get away with this.
"I don't want her to get away with this."
"We need to tell Drew and Carly, so they can take action."

this would have been much better. so much better. if you know this was something nina framed them for. vs. you know. Drew and Carly committing an actual crime.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3