Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

How did Molly #46 and Kristina suddenly make up off screen after months of Molly hating Kristina for no reason. This writing is ridiculous. 

More fake Sam and Carly friendship. Why does Nina need to change, what about Carly she doesn't have to change? Sam can't go be with her sisters instead of this. 

More Harmony when not needed unless she's going to warn her about the douchebag Willow married. 

Bailey was the best with Valentine and Brooklyn.  Maxie only cared about that baby when she was living in A mansion. Now that she has her, she doesn't exist. 

If course it's Halloween night and instead of going to see his child he goes to Carly. 

• Like 6

Since we never see the kids, stuffing them all into the last two episodes has not been helpful. Danny was with the teenaged gang of four, right? Did we even see Rocco -- or was that the other way around?

I'm really going to need Valentine and Laura to grab a clue here. How many of their various friends and relatives have had their minds controlled by Cassadine tomfoolery? Kevin's aware of this too.

• Like 11
10 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t know how old any of the teen actors are but Georgie looks way too young to be their peer. It’s reminding me of when they briefly tried to NB’s Spencer in scenes with a teen Joss and she looked like his babysitter. 

You know they wanted to keep NB but he just looked too much like a little boy next to Joss. And then they recast with NAC and it's been a pretty smashing success, while NB got to work on a Ryan Murphy show.  It all worked out.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
12 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Ok, it took me twenty minutes to figure out the connection to Nelle.  It's much easier to connect to Nina, as she's Wylie's grandmother and James' aunt.  

I thought confusing things would be more fun.

I'm actually confused on level of cousins James and Wylie are.

If Anna shot Charlotte I assume it's the end of Vanna at least for a time.  I couldn't care less!  Except...the timing worries me.  It seems like they are freeing up Valentine for Nina when the SEC thing comes out.  And I guess that's fine, I actually liked him with Nina much more than I like him with Anna, but...I hate to see the online Carly's get a win.  Yeah, I'm petty. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Ok, it took me twenty minutes to figure out the connection to Nelle.  It's much easier to connect to Nina, as she's Wylie's grandmother and James' aunt.  

I thought they were raised together but that Nina was Nathan's cousin, as Liesel and Madeline are sisters? Or did Nina's father cheat with Liesel? I must have missed that, if so. I was only watching sporadically back then and missed 80% of Nathan's time on the show. 

48 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm actually confused on level of cousins James and Wylie are

If Nina and Nathan were just cousins, then Nelle and James would be second cousins, making Wylie James' second cousin once removed. If Nina and Nathan were bio  siblings, then Wylie and James would also  be first cousins once removed. 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, tessaray said:

I thought they were raised together but that Nina was Nathan's cousin, as Liesel and Madeline are sisters? Or did Nina's father cheat with Liesel? I must have missed that, if so. I was only watching sporadically back then and missed 80% of Nathan's time on the show. 

Nina and Nathan are cousins who grew up believing they were siblings. Leisl gave Nathan to her sister to protect him from Faison.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm actually confused on level of cousins James and Wylie are.

Biologically:

Liesl and Madeline are sisters which begot(!)....

Nathan and Nina....who were raised as siblings but are first cousins (Though the show doesn't follow that as much with Cynthia in the role than it did with Michelle.  Half the time II'm pretty sure they've forgotten Nina's connection to Maxie since she's not a Carly)......which begot(!).....

James and Nelle....who would be second cousins

Ergo(!)  James and Wylie would be third cousins or second cousins once removed 

I think!!

And we thought Michael's multiple family trees was confusing.  

13 hours ago, Artsda said:

How did Molly #46 and Kristina suddenly make up off screen after months of Molly hating Kristina for no reason. This writing is ridiculous. 

Strike writers came back and said 'what the eff did you do with the Davis coven' and the non strike writers shrugged their shoulders on the way out the door.  So the good writer said, 'should we write a kiss and make up session' and the others said 'eff no, it will take away from all the Carlys' so they just had Kirstina randomly show up at Molly's with Alexis for chinese food and ice cream.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
13 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Danny was with the teenaged gang of four, right?

Yes.  He called Sam 'mom' before she left

13 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Did we even see Rocco -

Nope.  They've just announced the casting of the kid playing Danny so I guess they haven't gotten around to recasting teenage Rocco.  

13 hours ago, Artsda said:

Bailey was the best with Valentine and Brooklyn.  Maxie only cared about that baby when she was living in A mansion. Now that she has her, she doesn't exist. 

But she's just a toddler so there's no story there for her.  The same goes for Amelia, we haven't seen her since before Willow had her transplant.  Ace, we've seen because he's part of the story (and the baby actors are pretty good with Avery and NAC) so we see him more.  I'm ok with not seeing the other two babies just for the sake of it.  James and Wylie are more than a handful of annoyance.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, CeChase said:

It seems like they are freeing up Valentine for Nina when the SEC thing comes out.  And I guess that's fine, I actually liked him with Nina much more than I like him with Anna, but...I hate to see the online Carly's get a win.  Yeah, I'm petty. 

LOL i know what you mean. like...man do we really need/want this because the online Carlys win... but Nina + Val are such a better couple.  

• Like 4

I thought the tension btw nuMolly and Kristina started under the regular writers, and I think the scab stuff is still airing right? 

In any event, I am happy the feud is over. I don’t even care that we didn’t get the on-screen resolution. It was an OOC, retconned feud that appeared suddenly so it disappearing just as suddenly worked for me. KV and KaMa were great in their interactions. I felt the sisterly bond btw them. KV is the best nuMolly we have gotten. So, I’m happy with this new version of the Davis girls. 

• Like 4
  • Love 4

I would like Nina to stay with Sonny, although I know it will be over when the SEC thing comes out.  Valentine and Anna were best when they were on capers and spy games.  Charlotte is bringing them down.

I am surprised that Charlotte survives the shooting because I don't think Anna would miss, and she was worried enough, I think, for her to shoot to kill.

Not a fan of Charlotte.  Send her back to boarding school.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I would like Nina to stay with Sonny, although I know it will be over when the SEC thing comes out.  Valentine and Anna were best when they were on capers and spy games.  Charlotte is bringing them down.

I am surprised that Charlotte survives the shooting because I don't think Anna would miss, and she was worried enough, I think, for her to shoot to kill.

and imagine that storyline. (so it doesn't surprise me that they won't go there). 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I am sure that Anna is a good shot, but it was dark. I am surprised Anna saw Charlotte at all, in that black robe. I don't like Charlotte at all but I don't want to see Anna wailing for more weeks about how it is all her fault. I want Charlotte to be held responsible for her actions, and I really want Anna to find out Valentin knew all and let Anna live in fear, letting Charlotte terrorize her, and let him have it.

• Like 17
  • Applause 1
On 10/31/2023 at 8:19 PM, Daisy said:
On 10/31/2023 at 8:00 PM, TVbitch said:

Ah, my friend just emailed me that Tyler Chrisopher has died. 😢

yeah he had a heart attack or something :(

First Matthew Perry, now Tyler Christopher. so sad

They seem to be leaving us younger and younger, don't they?  I'm not much older than either one of them. Makes you increasingly aware of your own mortality.

On 11/3/2023 at 9:43 PM, Artsda said:

How did Molly #46 and Kristina suddenly make up off screen after months of Molly hating Kristina for no reason.

Molly #46 - Quite possibly one of my all-time favorite GH posts. Do you have all the Molly trading cards?  I'll trade you two Molly #12s for one Molly #43. That will complete my set.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Moly #46 - Quite possibly one of my all-time favorite GH posts. Do you have all the Molly trading cards?  I'll trade you two Molly #12s for one Molly #43. That will complete my set.

😄 It can practically be a drinking game, taking a shot every time a new Molly pops up!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

October 26 episode:

Finn and Elizabeth are nice together, but at the same time the relationship comes off as too juvenile, like they are 12 year olds who find they “like like” each other

I’m glad Sasha decided to stay

Nice musical montage at the end

• Like 2
On 11/4/2023 at 12:01 PM, Daisy said:

because the online Carlys win...

She just had a guy who was just a couple of years ago was held prisoner in a place worse than pentonville, volunteer to descend into that madness again.  How is this a win for Carly?

So yeah.  Not a fan of either Jason or Drew but they both suffered horrific beatings in their violent lifestyles.  Drew chose the side of good and still got kidnapped, beat and tortured (in a place worse than Pentonville).  Drew's first appearance consisted of  BM laying in a hospital bed for months due to traumatic brain injury.  It was not that far of a time in the past. 

As I am not up on social media, besides Nina not having what it takes to deal with the world of illegal arms traffickers or whatever other violent crime Sonny entertains himself with, however is this a win for Carly fans?  Carly is not even taking care of her kids.  She started a new business. As said upthread, there needs to be a quantum leap SORAS for Scout.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Note, the episode could get fully or partially preempted today for news coverage of a certain event in New York City. But I’m unsure of the timing, whether morning or afternoon

Update: Apparently set to happen this morning according to GMA

• Love 1
10 hours ago, sunnyface said:

She just had a guy who was just a couple of years ago was held prisoner in a place worse than pentonville, volunteer to descend into that madness again.  How is this a win for Carly?

that took me a lot longer than it needed to because you took out most of my comment and i was like... what are you talking about? 

CeChase was saying that Valentine & Nina make a better couple than Sonny & nina do. and I was agreeing but we were both saying since a lot of the Online Carlys really want Nina + Sonny to break up  for a various amount of reasons - so we were simply saying that it would be a win for them and we didn't want that. Carly fans don't want Nina to be with Sonny. that's it. (it really has nothing to do w/Drew or Jason being beaten up or anything). i hope that clears this up

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Carly fans don't want Nina to be with Sonny. that's it.

Thank you for the explanation.  I am not familiar with reading a lot of pro-Carly comments and not too many - unfortunately - venture out to this neck of the web.  

Program note: The news event I previously mentioned will continue at 2:15pm ET so it's quite likely the media will continue to break in and report on it so expect a preemption of today's episode but let's hope not

• Thanks 1

Drew, why aren’t you more concerned about your daughter ? Don’t you think Scout would love to know that her father was released from prison ? Asshole. 
Valentine asks the wrong question of Anna. Asshole. 
Sam takes note of Danny’s reference to Tarot cards. Hopefully , the cards are in Charlotte’s backpack along with the letter from Victor . 
Sweet scenes between Laura and Esmé. 

Edited by PatsyandEddie
  • Like 9

I thought Anna told Dante to take Jake to the hospital to Elizabeth. She would stay with the officers. Then she’s at the hospital. Did I have a senior moment?  I don’t remember dozing. But of course this being the pcpd the shooter is allowed to leave the scene. 

• Like 4

Damn! I was really hoping Drew's appearance was a fantasy. Add me to the list of people who are even more disgusted with the character since banging Carly is more important than seeing his daughter. 

Let's hope that side pain he had when Carly wasn't looking will lead to his death. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

So Drew saved Willow's life, and Carly got Drew out of prison. #CarlysLogic

Drew remembered Scout!  I'm shocked.

I'm glad that the infectious disease genius isn't the one to treat Charlotte's gun shot wound.

Valentine to Jake: "It wasn't your fault." Me: It was your's Valentine. You should have told Anna that Charlotte trashed her hotel room.

3 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Sweet scenes between Laura and Esmé.

They really were. I like it/ when people treat Esme for who she is right now and not what she did in the past.

Why is Esme supporting Ace on her salary? What about the millions that is the Cassadine estate, Ace should be getting enough from that to support him as the next Cassadine heir.

8 minutes ago, jacourt said:

I thought Anna told Dante to take Jake to the hospital to Elizabeth. She would stay with the officers. Then she’s at the hospital. Did I have a senior moment?  I don’t remember dozing. But of course this being the pcpd the shooter is allowed to leave the scene. 

No, you're right. I assumed that the officers took her to the hospital at her request although why they would I have no idea.

8 minutes ago, rur said:

Let's hope that side pain he had when Carly wasn't looking will lead to his death. 

Fingers crossed. 🤞 Unfortunately Nina will get blamed for it if he dies.

This Drew is such a waste of space. And Carly's vanilla milkshakes are the very best thing ever.  Hey Drewfus, how about phoning the mother of your child to tell her that you're out so she can tell Scout before you go off to bang all night.

On 11/3/2023 at 8:10 PM, perkie1968 said:

The character should be 10yrs old, but they SORASed her to 13ys.  With Jake being 16 and Charlotte 15, it's not too farfetched that she's hanging with them.

Aiden is the same age as Charlotte so Jake has to be at least 17. I wonder if the show will have him thinking about college or isn't he important enough?

• Like 5

I had to pause the episode so I ended up being able to FF through all of Carly and Drew's scenes. It was just a blessing from the soap gods. Since I have no illusions about being rid of Carly ever, then just die Drew. Die!

Valentin hightailed it straight to Anna's and then asks her why in the hospital? Dude, you clearly had an inkling that your unstable daughter had vanished to Anna's place. This is your doing. You should have told her who trashed her hotel room and who you thought burned her house down.

I'm not adverse to these type of consequences if it's well written, otherwise, spare me the tears and the snot.

The scenes with Laura and Esme were nice. It seems like Esme has matured a little and recognizes that her situation is not attainable if she stays around Spencer. I'm still not sure why they gave her a baby or why they kept her around, though.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Except for the Laura/Esmé scenes, today was tough to get through.

Drew/Carly, zzz, thought how typical that he's thrilled with a vanilla milkshake. (No shade to vanilla, it's a fantastic flavor, but of course Carly's "improvements" don't change up the shake flavors).

Anna and all of that: The tears and sobbing and chest-beating begins, while Valentin gives us that weird stricken look. I can't.

Elizabeth and Finn: I was distracted by other stuff and have no idea what was going on there.

BLQ and Chase: Ditto. Something about candy and costumes and Tracy?

Anything I didn't mention: Again, no idea.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
4 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I don't actually mind Drew going to Carly first, since it appeared to be pretty late. So I'll allow it. (Gavel)

I won't. Getting out of prison is a big enough deal you can wake up your kid to say you're home. But Carly has to be first for everything.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
15 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I don't actually mind Drew going to Carly first, since it appeared to be pretty late. So I'll allow it. (Gavel)

Hello no! When Drew came back from Greece, his very first stop was to see his kid. Drew is so much worst than Jason now. He went from adoring his kid(s) and putting them first to putting Carly first in everything. 

His stupid Drewfus ass hasn't seen his daughter since he was carted off to Pentonville. It's not too much to ask to head to the penthouse, let Sam know he's out of jail, give his sleeping daughter a kiss on the head, then go to his succubus.

The priorities change when a Carly becomes involved.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Applause 9

Okay, Valentin, cool your jets. When you ask Anna "Why?" and she tries to explain, don't with the face of betrayal and the "I can't do this now." And you know why. Don't pretend you don't or that you're not largely responsible for what just happened.

Also, I've missed a lot of days lately, but, in essence, did Alexis threaten the judge with a smear piece if he didn't let Drew out of prison? And, if so, does that mean she's going to just let his misdeeds slide, and other prisoners suffer, by not publishing it now that Drew is out? 'Cause, if so, wow. Just wow.

Edited by Fellaway
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
33 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

Okay, Valentin, cool your jets. When you ask Anna "Why?" and she tries to explain, don't with the face of betrayal and the "I can't do this now." And you know why. Don't pretend you don't or that you're not largely responsible for what just happened.

This and this and this! I cannot believe that Valentin has the nerve to blame Anna for this. He rushed to her place the minute he knew Charlotte was missing, yet Charlotte is the victim here? No one questioned her presence there in the first place? How did that boy know she had gone there? Again, the security building with a doorman doesn't seem to have done Anna alot of good. I called it, more weeks of weeping Anna. Yes, she shot a child, a child who was terrorizing her, may have burned down her house, and was up to something in Anna's new place.

I liked the scenes with Laura and Esme too. The baby in today's show isn't the one who has been on, I don't think. It could have been the other twin. I agree that he, or they, seem very comfortable with Avery and Genie.

What might have caused a preemption?

• Like 5
  • Damn today was a major snooze fest. I barely paid attention the whole time. Drew and Carly alone are enough to cure insomnia. And Valentin asking Anna why? Shouldn’t he be asking himself that question?
  • Like 8

Carly getting pissed that Drew will be on probation for six months made me want to dump that vanilla milkshake on her entitled head.  Jesus, I'm surprised she doesn't want the judge to resign, too. 

Drew calling his 10 year old daughter a woman was kinda gross, but sure, maybe go see this other "woman" you love, ya think?

Isn't Danny (oof, bless that actor';s heart because...) a tad on the old side to have to have his candy checked?

boy, those paramedics sure seemed to be moving at a leisurely pace getting Charlotte to the hospital.  And, Valentin, maybe look in the mirror for the person responsible for putting Charlotte in that OR.

Great Laura/Esme scenes.  Laura seemed to intuit what Portia was doing when Esme told her what a ~help she had been with the parenting classes.

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1

Carly and Drew were so  not needed today. He should have gone to catch his daughter in her costume. But he could care less. 

Good for Esme for wanting to move out on her own.  She's making right decision for herself and child. 

How much of tarot Charlotte does Jake know? His wanting to take the bag pack to her was shady.

Dante is on leave, why are they calling him and not Chase who is not suspended and sitting at home eating candy? 

Valentine's really asking why? He of all people know why. 

• Like 6

How did Drew get to Kelly's at night?  Can't he at least shower the prison off before seeing Carly?

I would think Anna would be checked out at the hospital because she is clearly in shock, yet no one medical-related looked at her.

So there's a shooting, let's send the guy on administrative leave rather than the guy dressed as a football player who is apparently sitting around, doing nothing.

Austin "simple country doctor" Gatlin-Holt gets to attend the GSW victim.  Was TJ busy?

eta:Clearly my mind has gone because I mistook Danny for Jake.

Edited by ciarra
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
On 11/3/2023 at 8:43 PM, Artsda said:

It is really weird but I don’t even care because all the manufactured drama was so heavy handed and made no sense anyway.

Ugh Liz and Finn would you two just stop….pretty soon I’m not even going to be able to look at maple syrup without feeling massive second hand embarrassment.

On 11/4/2023 at 11:01 AM, Daisy said:

Nina + Val are such a better couple.  

Eh…I liked Val with MSt’s Nina.  He and CW’s Nina seem better as friends.  I still really like Sonny and Nina.  And I still feel like Anna and Finn were a great, mature couple, which makes it even weirder how juvenile he is with Liz.

I gave Drew a tiny pass that he went to see Carly instead of his child since it was late and Scout was likely already asleep (which was confirmed in a later scene).  But I withdrew that pass immediately when those two idiots STILL didn’t understand that they Committed A Crime, regardless of the judge being on the take or not.  HATE.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Isn't Danny (oof, bless that actor';s heart because...) a tad on the old side to have to have his candy checked?

Given Sam's love of toffees, I wonder if they're checking his candy to snatch the best ones first.

As much as I didn't like Jason, Danny feeling responsible for not making Charlotte behave and Sam saying that he's just like his father was nice continuity.

I wonder if Danny is aware that Charlotte is related not just to Rocco but to him and Scout as well.

• Like 2

I agree that this latest Molly is a step up from the others, but why so many Mollys? Did they get a group discount? Was it a buy one, get 10 free deal? What if two or more show up at the same time? There is a storyline here for Revenge of the Surplus Mollys, and I for one am here for it.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I wonder if Danny is aware that Charlotte is related not just to Rocco but to him and Scout as well.

I’m sure he does but since Sam never liked Valentin or had any sort of familial relationship with him, I doubt she or her kids interacted with Charlotte as a relative either. Sam didn’t even like that Alexis became close to Valentin. It’s clear she only thinks of Charlotte as Rocco’s sister/Dante’s ex stepdaughter and not her relative so I’m not surprised that Danny does as well. They likely never interacted before Dante and Sam got serious. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3