Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

I wasn’t responding to your post nor insinuating you felt that way. Apologies for the misunderstanding. 

No I know!  I was talking about the original post which was not to my taste.  Sorry!

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, CeChase said:

No I know!  I was talking about the original post which was not to my taste.  Sorry!

I get it now! Re-read your post. And I agree!!!

• Like 2

I feel like I’m ready to hop on the barge too.  This won’t be the first time I’ve been on the barge.  Around the time the horrible foursome of Sonny, Carly, Jason, and Courtney ate the show I stopped watching for about 2 years.  I can’t remember what drew me back.

The show is a lot more balanced now which is saying something about how unbalanced it was then, but it’s still so horribly unbalanced.  The scene with Sam and Carly was almost the straw that broke the camel’s back.  I don’t know how much more I can take watching a show where every single CORRECT point of view is through the lens of the Carlys.  It’s sickening!

As for Sprina, I’m tired of waiting for the writers to actually write for them.  Both Trina actresses imo had great chem with NAC.  When Trina and Spencer were standing in front of her house and it started to lightly snow and Trina wiped a snowflake off Spencer’s face I was like YES!  Why I anticipated a nice love story unfolding I don’t know.

What I don’t want to see is Spencer and Esme fall in love while raising the giant cute baby.  I just hate to see Trina go thru that.

Anyone remember Sonny and Brenda and Lily?  We watched S&B fall in love and we watched them break up over completely character driven reasons.  We saw Sonny and Lily come together and could even buy Sonny falling in love, except his heart already belonged to Brenda.  I could and did root for S&B to get back together even though I knew Lily was hurting.

If Spencer and Esme had been written that way where we actually saw them fall in love, but then break up, and Spencer believe he was just used but we the audience knew the love was real, and if Esme hadn’t done so many HEINOUS things then maybe I could get interested in a triangle or potential Esme Spence re-pairing.

But as it stands, all I see is Trina getting ready to get played and I know Spencer and especially Esme won’t be written as the bad guy and that really sucks!!

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

A long ago viewer that left for the barge probably ten or more years ago, but I saw the episode while channel surfing today that was a re-broadcast of the memorial for Epiphany.  I did know that she had passed, but it was a real 'old-home-week' moment to enjoy the episode.  I liked Epiphany and was surprised and saddened that she'd passed so young.  

Nevertheless, seeing the cast again after all these years was interesting.  Elizabeth as head nurse?  The legacy of that still resonates these 50 years or more later when my mother used to watch the show before heading for her shift at the hospital.  Audrey and Lucille and Jessie all came clamoring back in my memory.  They had the photo of Dr. Hardy in the background during one of the flashbacks.  Not sure why Monica literally phoned it in at the end, but I'm surprised she's still around.  Stuart Damon, the other Dr. Quartermaine, has been gone for a couple of years and I was also shocked to still see Jackie Zeman in the show, since she passed a few months ago (the episode was shot in December, before her passing).

I didn't care all that much about Sonny and Carly - he's aged but she hasn't.  Robert, Laura and Diane all have seen the march of time go on, as well.

I'm back on the barge, of course (still working for a short time more until retirement) and I most likely won't come back to Port Charles any time soon, but it was nice to have a short visit.

Edited by b2H
  • Like 9

Again, I think it's too soon to know how bad the show is going to tank Spencer and Trina with this dumb shit. Things change on a dime on a soap, plus you're possibly dealing with scab work at this point which can throw everything into uproar. I do think a lot of the points in those tweets are absolutely right and have been for several years running, but I have my doubts the show will engage with any of it or react directly. They have pointedly said they pick and choose what social media feedback to engage with, and I think they're most comfortable catering to what they perceive to be (and what may not actually be) an entrenched older, whiter, more conservative audience on FB. So that means soft-pedaling the interracial love story or countering it where possible with this story or couple or that one. That, I think, is deliberate.

Of course they can turn around and make them lovey-dovey in the next few months, and probably will before Chavez' inevitable exit. What I took exception to both before the Trina recast and after was wasting so much time beforehand in what is likely his one and only long-term contract, unless Chavez strikes out in primetime or streaming and comes back like so many do. And I think part of that was deliberate on the show's part. I think they realized they had a popular and potentially incendiary interracial pairing in the current social climate in which soaps have regressed considerably in recent years, didn't want to upset what they feel is a whiter and more ignorant audience and lose numbers, so decided to play it both ways: Play the couple in a more restrained fashion, run out the clock and hope for the best.

There's no way to prove that of course, unless they tank the couple entirely which I doubt will happen. But it's always the vibe I've gotten. I do hope they get more and better story before Chavez takes off. I've been tired of the very forced obstacles of 'nice' Esme and her baby since before she gave birth. There are other ways to play drama and come here/get away with these two, particularly not with a player where the show seems to notably be wishing they hadn't actually written the actor as playing a total psycho and hedging their bets. Pohl is great, but I want Esme here to do one thing and one thing only. I do not buy her as a model citizen (especially since she's actually still selfish and manipulative as is), and the instant they try to canonize that she just becomes another spare part like Willow and Sasha.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Ladies and gents,

I realize the issues involved with Trina/Spencer can cause rising tempers to go with the rising temperatures, but going after fellow posters is a no go here.

Feel free to rage at TPTB and vent frustrations, but do remember to keep it to the show and TPTB, not posters.

Happy 4th of July. Carry on.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 7/3/2023 at 1:17 AM, methodwriter85 said:

I will say I love that we're seeing a young woman taking charge of and enjoying her sexuality. 

II we were talking about a different young couple with history,  I'd agree. But I find it highly unrealistic that Joss seems to not have one second of pause let alone worry about pregnancy or STDs since she started sleeping with Dex while knowing nothing of his relationship/sexual history. I recall she and Cam had a conversation about condoms before their first time together, she had birth control, and she knew he was also a virgin. But with Dex, an older guy who has served in the military(and I think deployed?), not a worry in the world? Only in the GH/soap universe.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
On 7/1/2023 at 1:20 AM, fishsanwitt said:

So depressed with the disrespecting of Sprina.

It's strange to me, because HP-Molly and TJ (previous actor) were not handled this way as an interracial couple when they were much younger. HP was still a teenager and I think the previous TJ may have been as well, when Molly and TJ decided they wanted to have sex for the first time. Molly was in lingerie and they were kissing in a hotel bed, when Alexis busted in on them yelling "too young for sex."  So it didn't happen that night. 

Maybe Trina will realize that while she loves Spencer, he comes with a lot of baggage and that's not what she wants for her first real love relationship. Spencer's tremendous guilt over Nikolas "abandoning Ace" combined with his desire to be a real, loving family with Ace and Grandma Laura is never going to allow him to put Trina first IMO.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
On 7/3/2023 at 1:17 AM, methodwriter85 said:

I will say I love that we're seeing a young woman taking charge of and enjoying her sexuality. You don't get to see that a lot, especially on American soaps which still emphasize the virginal heroines. 

I don't really think there is anything wrong with showing virginal heroines though  (or someone being really sexual, without having sex).  (it's not really towards you, i know there have been a crap tonne of comments of the lack of sex/sexual advances on the Sprina (etc). but both can work.  but I mean - for me I like that there are two relationships going on and one is about the smut (even though i hate Jex) and one is a very slow burn in Sprina. or in general 

anyway not even my love for Jane Elliot can make me watch right now, y'all let me know if something really awesome happens please so i can watch later. :)

• Hugs 2
  • Sad 1
6 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Maybe Trina will realize that while she loves Spencer, he comes with a lot of baggage and that's not what she wants for her first real love relationship.

Trina knows this: She's seen him try to be better, and she's seen him backslide. But I think it's only now she's getting a realistic idea of what Spencer wanting to be involved in the giant cute baby's life means for her. She won't come first. And frankly, if Spencer is serious about the GCB, she shouldn't. Trina needs to figure out if she can deal with that. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
On 7/3/2023 at 10:01 PM, WendyCR72 said:
On 7/3/2023 at 7:28 PM, Daisy said:

I really dont think thats fair because AMC and OLTL also on ABC had multitudes of interracial relationships.  (and their prime time shows also have a lot of interactional relationships) 

True, but I also remember Peter Bergman saying how Cliff/Angie on AMC got push back as far back as 1989, and I think it was one reason the show brought Nina back for a final time and remarried her and Cliff before Bergman was let go (worked out for him as he got Y&R not long after!).

The point being, ABC is fine with interracial love stories if they can half-ass them, but it seems for every such story on GH, TPTB did get gun shy, as my list above can attest.

The fact that I read Spencer/Avery got zero interruption for their scenes, when Spencer/Trina can barely date, well... So, for me, my opinion stands. Mileage may vary.

It amazes me that with everything going on in the world, fan-bases are still getting upset over inter-racial relationships. In 2023. Incredible. Sprina has barely kissed throughout their entire relationship. Man.

I understand the tribalism thing. As a person of color (whose Mother resembled the Trina actress at a comparable age), I take heat from female relatives for being open to inter-racial relationships in my own life. We're literally a month away from having flying cars and this nonsense is still going on. Sad.

• Like 7

It’s getting close to barge time.  We just caught up with last week and Monday and the highlight of those episodes for me would be the new stills used for some of the performers in the credits (the new ones all looked great). At least we saved a little time by forwarding through the Violet and Willow scenes.

Was it just the moody lighting in Ava’s boudoir, or did an esthetician stop halfway through waxing RoHo’s chest?

• LOL 4

I just can’t take this show seriously enough to go on a barge. It’s something I play while I do housework or pay bills. I wish it were good enough to demand full attention, but it isn’t, and hasn’t been for a long time. So I listen, look up when something interests me (hello, Tracy!) and scrub pots when it doesn’t (die, Willow). The key is to not get too invested.

I think Esme is running a long con, and fully remembers who and what she is/was. I’m not sure what her purpose is for roping in Spencer (and the writers probably haven’t decided, either) but the smile she gave herself after leading Spencer down memory lane confirmed to me that she’s up to something. And he’s dumb enough to fall for it.

I’m not mad at the show for throwing roadblocks at Trina and Spencer. That’s what soaps do. The couple shouldn’t get special treatment because they’re interracial. And they shouldn’t want it— the alternative is a steady, boring, back burner relationship like TJ and Molly.

I like RH, and I love MW, so I’m willing to see where the Austin/Ava pairing goes. I definitely think they have sufficient chemistry to give it a try. 

I don’t know what happened with Cody this week, because I kept trying to figure out what his shirt was made of.  I think the MetroCourt pool may be missing an indoor/outdoor rug.

Sasha is looking like the world’s most adorable Cabbage Patch kid. The dimples in the middle of her pregnancy-enhanced round cheeks make me just want to give her a hug and adopt her out to a caring toddler. Don’t put her in another drug spiral, Show. Moss is watching and he does not approve.

WHY is Willow still here. And if her bubble group has to remain so small, how does she get to expand it at will? On second thought, expand it, Willow. Let everyone in. Especially anyone with a fever, a hacking cough, or a persistent need to sneeze. You’re all very welcome at Casa Q.

• Like 3
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Daisy said:

I don't really think there is anything wrong with showing virginal heroines though  (or someone being really sexual, without having sex).  (it's not really towards you, i know there have been a crap tonne of comments of the lack of sex/sexual advances on the Sprina (etc). but both can work.  but I mean - for me I like that there are two relationships going on and one is about the smut (even though i hate Jex) and one is a very slow burn in Sprina. or in general 

But their fans are obsessed with them having sex, demanding for them to have a love scene.  Creepily obsessed.  I don’t understand.  What are they expecting to see?  Why does it have to happen NOW?  I don’t get it.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

It’s getting close to barge time. 

That barge is getting smaller by the day. I think an upgrade should be considered.

2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I think Esme is running a long con, and fully remembers who and what she is/was. I’m not sure what her purpose is for roping in Spencer (and the writers probably haven’t decided, either) but the smile she gave herself after leading Spencer down memory lane confirmed to me that she’s up to something. And he’s dumb enough to fall for it.

I disagree that she's up to something. I interpreted that differently. When she stood there behind the door and had that look on her face. I thought it spoke to her starting to be attracted to him.

But I do very much agree that the writers have no clue what they're doing or where this or any of their storylines are going.

Do soap writers not map out storylines or something?

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
On 7/3/2023 at 7:21 PM, Steph J said:

I think Austin would be included in the never locked up list (although that may change soon).

only because he hasn't been in town that long..... give it time.  Roger Haworth, on the other hand....

I don’t need to see Sprina have sex but I do need to see them show some actual interest in each other outside of scheming to get back at Esme or Trina yelling at Spencer because he’s an idiot. girl,this is who he is and always has been. Accept it or don’t, but stop beating him up every time he does something you don’t like. I mean, talk to him about it, sure. Express your disappointment. But support him! And Spencer needs to put HER first for once. This ‘war’ with Dex is all about Joss.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
On 7/3/2023 at 8:07 PM, DanaK said:

I was a little surprised though that Willow wanted Nina on the Can Visit list

This is how we know that Ned will regain his memory sooner, rather than later; just when Nina is making progress with Willow, it will come out that she tipped off the SEC and that will get blown to hell.  I do like the suggestion I read somewhere on this board that someone else (Tracy?) actually tipped them off first.  Not that it will matter to Sonny or Carly.  Or Willow.  Or the writers.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
On 7/3/2023 at 11:55 PM, Josh371982 said:

While her and Jordan fight over a Douchebag like Betty and Veronica fighting over Archie 

Archie would be a better catch than Curtis, who, while easy on the eyes, is a huge loser in every other way.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
(edited)
37 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:
On 7/3/2023 at 11:55 PM, Josh371982 said:

While her and Jordan fight over a Douchebag like Betty and Veronica fighting over Archie 

Archie would be a better catch than Curtis, who, while easy on the eyes, is a huge loser in every other way.

Jughead would be better suited for them than Curtis. Archie Andrews deserves much better than Jordan or Portia.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Do soap writers not map out storylines or something?

I think there are broad outlines and the daily script writers take it from there. There's no writers room where they all get together to discuss things (and Zoom meetings don't seem to be a thing for them), so the stories have some glaring gaps and inconsistencies.

57 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

And Spencer needs to put HER first for once. This ‘war’ with Dex is all about Joss.

Yes, as far as this goes, Trina should definitely be the priority. Spencer should be ignoring Dex as much as possible, but Spencer is an idiot.

• Sad 1
25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think there are broad outlines and the daily script writers take it from there. There's no writers room where they all get together to discuss things (and Zoom meetings don't seem to be a thing for them), so the stories have some glaring gaps and inconsistencies.

I didn't realize that....  it seems..... inefficient at best; shitty organizational management at worst, though I'm sure someone here will have a better "worst" than that!

• Like 2
(edited)

While I do think the Sprina Twitter fans can be OTT, I get their desire for the sex scene now. The fans want to see a sex scene btw this actor and this actress. They've been watching NAC and TA play off each other and want to see those two in a sex scene. They are reading the tea leaves and assuming (rightfully so IMO) that NAC will not be here in another year. They also recognize how long it takes GH to proceed w/couples they aren't invested in and don't care about. Finn and Liz have been dancing around each other for a year or so now. They have yet to have sex. ChaLynn have been dancing around each other for two years, right? I don't think they've had sex either. But Jex have and it was soon after their introduction to each other. They haven't had to face endless issues and problems. Their relationship has been fairly easy. Crew has had sex at least twice. SoNa has. Millow did shortly after they were married. It didn't take years for them to have sex. 

With the way GH is writing Sprina, it's clear - to me at least - that they will not be an official, real couple for another year or so. GH could surprise me but the inclusion of Esme in general in their "relationship," the contrived fights, and Friday's walk down memory lane told me what I needed to know: Sprina is not happening anytime soon. I don't think the writers care about them or want to invest in them. I could see Spencer and Esme falling in bed and having sex sooner than Sprina, the supposed couple. I'm not on Twitter a lot but I read a lot of tweets this weekend about wanting GH to give NAC and TA's version of Sprina some happiness before NAC leaves. Again, I get it and agree. I'm not tweeting about it but as a fan, I'm w/them. It's like how I really wanted the Willow reveal to play out w/MS as Nina. That would have been much more satisfying for me. They just came off an adventure w/an epic reunion. GH should have been letting them have fun and be happy, not fighting about Dex and lies and Esme being all up in their relationship. GH is writing as if they have all the time in the world w/these actors, and that's simply not true so ppl want to see their couple now, not later. 

1 hour ago, MarciNJ said:

I didn't realize that....  it seems..... inefficient at best; shitty organizational management at worst, though I'm sure someone here will have a better "worst" than that!

ICAM w/you! I think it's bad to not have at least a beginning and an end in mind. Take Dex for instance. They should, IMO, have known where they wanted to go w/the character before he was introduced. The journey to get there could be up for grabs but know where you're going w/a character before you introduce them, IMO. To me, that's good writing 101. And I think soaps used to do that. It's very clear they had no idea what to do w/Dex, Esme, or Austin. As viewers, we shouldn't be able to tell that they're making it up as they go. 

Edited by lala2
  • Like 4
  • Love 5

Uh, Willow, your mom deserves to be in the bubble because she's the one who talked to your marrow donor and got that ball rolling, you ungrateful cow. Even when she thinks she's doing the right thing, Willow is unbearable.

Diane's blue suit was an amazing color on her.

Oof, for a minute there I thought it was Heather going into Martin's room, so I was relieved it was only Felicia.

• Like 10

I swear Sam and Carly have had this exact “we used to only be connected through Jason but now we’re bffs” convo at least a dozen times since Jason died. Still not sure why we should care and the actresses are extremely awkward in these types of scenes together. I only buy them when they are fighting or reluctantly getting along due to their shared ties because there’s something that leaves me cold when they share scenes like this.

• Like 5
  • Applause 5

I have zero sympathy for Carly selling the house. For one thing, I'm sure that Sonny or Jax would buy it from her and let her live there rent free as long as she wanted to. For another, all this "Oh, you can't sell the house!" is such privelege.  Donna and Avery are damn lucky that they got to live there all their lives and didn't have to move.

"The equity in this house is all I have." What about all those shares of Aurora that you bought? And if you don't have any other savings such as retirement accounts, you're a terrible businesswoman.

Also, how much is that house worth that she can sell it, pay off the $5 million, buy a condo and live off the rest of the price in leisure?  How stupid does the show think I am?

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

"The equity in this house is all I have." What about all those shares of Aurora that you bought? And if you don't have any other savings such as retirement accounts, you're a terrible businesswoman.

They're probably not worth all that much after the merger fiasco, the stock dumping and so on.

Honestly, what's so bad with living in a condo. Donna spends time with Sonny at his condo/penthouse. He has a balcony, not a backyard. Shockingly, Donna has not died from it. It's like she's being kicked out in the street. She's 5, she'll go where her whiny ass mother goes. 

And since Carly has been promising to whoever will listen that she will get everything that she lost back, then I'm sure she'll be living in a manor or a château in no time.

I really don't need to see Sam/Carly scenes. Ever.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
38 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

their shared ties

I think Carly has slept with every man Sam has except for Lucky (for obvious reasons): Sonny, Jason, Drew. "Shared ties," indeed!

Of course Michael is too big a wienie to call Nina directly.

26 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I have zero sympathy for Carly selling the house. For one thing, I'm sure that Sonny or Jax would buy it from her and let her live there rent free as long as she wanted to. For another, all this "Oh, you can't sell the house!" is such privelege.  Donna and Avery are damn lucky that they got to live there all their lives and didn't have to move.

The girls will adapt, Sam. I don't get why she cares so much if Carly sells the house. Does Sam want Carly to pay off her fine or not? Also, if selling the house is the worst thing Carly has to do because of all of this nonsense, it's still less than Drewfus, even if going to prison was his choice.

I covet Felicia's dress—perfect for a hot summer.

Ugh, James is another hatefully precocious child. ETA: I did like Maxie's "I've got eyes on you" gesture; I wonder if that was a KSt ad lib.

• Like 2

Most kids don’t stay in 1 house their entire lives, especially not wealthy kids. Donna will be fine, Sam. She already lives at Sonny’s half the time anyway and adjusted to that. I presume Dante’s kid is ok away from his childhood home and without his backyard. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
24 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm sure that Sonny or Jax would buy it from her and let her live there rent free as long as she wanted to.

Unless they're married to that set, I think we're heading towards Carly going back to the CarJax house which is where Bobbie is currently living, once they acknowledge that Bobbie has passed.  She'll sell the CarSon house, live in poverty for 4 episode (so her fans can proclaim that she's lost of so much)and then they'll do the Bobbie death/memorial episode and she'll inherit the other house, (and probably Kelly's as well) solving all of her problems.  

• Like 14

Tracy's storyline just got a bit more interesting. The idea that Martin stole the Deceptor information (and that's why he hates Lucy talking about it) is more interesting than Tracy just out and out stealing it in corporate espionage.

I get that Dante wants to protect his childhood friend but I'm tired of him blaming everything on Scott.

I am so bored with all this Willow story. I don't need her to die but I want her off my screen now.

Poor Sasha. I hate that doctor, and even more I hate that she has to get addicted and spiralling down again.

(Yesterday instead of watching everyone praising Epiphany yet again, I watched Carry It On, the Buffy Saint Marie documentary. She had a bronchial infection and went to see a doctor in Florida who prescribed her what she thought were antibiotics and B12 vitamins. Turned out it was opiates and codeine, and she was addicted before she knew what drugs she was taking. Hence her 1964 song Cod'ine.)

5 hours ago, MarciNJ said:

I do like the suggestion I read somewhere on this board that someone else (Tracy?) actually tipped them off first.  Not that it will matter to Sonny or Carly.  Or Willow.  Or the writers.

It would be a better story. Unfortunately it is exactly because that wouldn't be about Sonny or Carly that it's not going to happen.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Yes, as far as this goes, Trina should definitely be the priority. Spencer should be ignoring Dex as much as possible, but Spencer is an idiot.

Joss is show's priority. Apparently always will be so Spencer is all about Dex now rather than Trina who should be his priority.

1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, James is another hatefully precocious child.

They don't seem to be able to write any other kind.

2 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

She'll sell the CarSon house, live in poverty for 4 episode (so her fans can proclaim that she's lost of so much)and then they'll do the Bobbie death/memorial episode and she'll inherit the other house, (and probably Kelly's as well) solving all of her problems.  

Carly never loses for long.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think Carly has slept with every man Sam has except for Lucky (for obvious reasons): Sonny, Jason, Drew. "Shared ties," indeed!

Jax, too.

I forgot about Jax. Ewwwww.

"I'm getting a cookie." Mac, somewhat desperately: "Get one for me too." Hee.

• LOL 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

....but where will Moss go???

In the trash. Not enough room in the condo.

17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The girls will adapt, Sam. I don't get why she cares so much if Carly sells the house. 

Because they are F-R-I-E-N-D-S!!!!!!

The writers are trying hard to sell this dumb-dumb Sam/Carly friendship. They have been trying to do that for years. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1

I’m sure most on here would disagree but I think Jax is past bailing Carly out of her problems. He was never quite on the same level that Sonny/Jason were when it came to that to begin with but especially now that Joss is an adult and Carly made it clear during their last interaction that she didn’t consider him a friend anymore since he couldn’t support her quest to be the mob queen of Port Charles and put Joss willingly in danger. 

• Like 4
  • Love 4

I thinks it’s pretty realistic that Dex could take Spencer in a fight.  Like others have said, he’s had military training and just more life experience.  He’s on the smaller side so he’s had to compensate and learn to use his strengths.  Spencer’s just a spoiled kid who goes to the gym a lot.

Really good conversation between Sonny and Sasha.  Mo is so good in these supporting type scenes.  If it’s true he wants to cut back on work it’s a great way to transition.

Unfortunately I do see more chemistry between Spencer and Esme than Spencer and Trina.  Maybe PC just sucks the life out of people.  Spencer, Trina, Drew, heck even Curtis were all more interesting when they were out of town.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The idea that Martin stole the Deceptor information (and that's why he hates Lucy talking about it) is more interesting than Tracy just out and out stealing it in corporate espionage.

But what's Tracy's endgame here?  Blackmailing Martin to get a piece of the pie?  The pie currently belongs to Lucy.  

15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Poor Sasha. I hate that doctor, and even more I hate that she has to get addicted and spiralling down again.

Why did she take the pill today?  Didn't the doctor say it was a sedative?  Aren't you supposed to take those at bedtime? Wouldn't they affect her daytime performance if she just randomly took them?  why does none of this make sense?  

15 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

...but where will Moss go???

On the coffee table in the new condo.  Sam has Moss' cousin Other Moss on her coffee table.  

11 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I’m sure most on here would disagree but I think Jax is past bailing Carly out of her problems.

Absolutely, but it also depends if the writers want to stick it to Ingo and make Jax' character even worse than he was when he left.  Plus Carly is the most wonderful of wonderfuls so of course Jax would want to bail her out.  

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'd argue that asking Nina to cease hostilities with Carly but not asking the same of Carly was mean and hateful.

This is also at least the third time she's asked this of Nina.  It's pure manipulation because she knows Nina is desperate to please her.

• Like 6
  • Love 5

For a moment there I thought maybe Maxie would be buying Carly's house (we're clearly gearing up for a Maxie move).

But then I realized that Maxie doesn't need a property that has security gates all around it, and security men guarding it. That seems a little over-the-top for Maxie.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, ljr said:

I've been reading the comments and I agree that viewers are obsessed with fictional couple having sex.

Wanting a couple on a soap to have sex and romance makes you a creep now? Things have sure changed since I started watching soaps in the 80s I guess. I want this couple to get down and if that makes me a creep so be it. 

GH has become so bad at sex scenes though. Jex is considered the height of passion these days. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 6

Felicia mentioned the mystery bank is in Pine Valley!. I bet that’s how Walt Willey pops up as Jack Montgomery. I wonder if he and Michael Knight will trade knowing looks?

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

But what's Tracy's endgame here?  Blackmailing Martin to get a piece of the pie?  The pie currently belongs to Lucy.

I got the impression that Martin stole the formula from Ex #3 since it was rushed into production so quickly, why he is avoiding her phone calls, and Ex #3 wants her pie back.

2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Why did she take the pill today?  Didn't the doctor say it was a sedative?  Aren't you supposed to take those at bedtime? Wouldn't they affect her daytime performance if she just randomly took them?  why does none of this make sense? 

The dosage for adults with anxiety is 2 to 10 milligrams (mg) 2 to 4 times a day.  Shady shrink told Sasha that it was not addictive as long as she followed the prescribing orders.

Jax is probably over saving Carly, although I'm not so sure since he chose her over Nina re Nelle's death, but I wouldn't be surprised if he agreed to purchase the house as an investent since Joss still lives there and considers it home.

But yes, Sonny is the person most likely to buy the house to save Carly. But Diane will figure out a way that she can keep it without resorting to a man.

I find it ridiculous that Sam is all "you can't move!" since Sam has been without funds more than once in her life and survived. There should be some sympathy  but nothing this extreme from  her.

• Like 4

This is a final warning: Discuss Spencer/Trina all you like, but calling out fans for wanting A or B, calling them obsessed? Not allowed.

Fans are allowed to want what they want. The key to this board is respecting ALL opinions. If you disagree with something, all good PROVIDED it is targeted at the writing/the show. NOT FANS.

Remember this going forward or individual warnings can ensue.

Thank you.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
56 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I'd argue that asking Nina to cease hostilities with Carly but not asking the same of Carly was mean and hateful.

This is also at least the third time she's asked this of Nina. 

And she's just come out of a procedure where she's been out of it for weeks.  For all she knows Nina and Carly have kissed and made up so taking her to task again was unecessary.  Otherwise known as a plot point for the whistleblower reveal.  

5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I got the impression that Martin stole the formula from Ex #3 since it was rushed into production so quickly, why he is avoiding her phone calls, and Ex #3 wants her pie back.

Yes, I got that impression as well. I'm just not sure what Tracys' stake in it is.  

6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The dosage for adults with anxiety is 2 to 10 milligrams (mg) 2 to 4 times a day.  Shady shrink told Sasha that it was not addictive as long as she followed the prescribing orders.

ok.  Thank you!

• Like 1