Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

(edited)

Why on earth would Molly phone TJ at work to discuss having a baby?  Ridiculous.

And if Molly and TJ arrived together, why would her shopping be mixed in with Sam's stuff?

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
(edited)
41 minutes ago, CeChase said:

What an interesting and thoughtful discussion!  I wonder if Frank is afraid to follow popular primetime shows, because the daytime audience skews old, white, and conservative.

This is 100% it, yes. I think he believes (though I disagree) that the bulk of the remaining audience is that audience and is just trying to keep the lights on by keeping them comfortable and focusing on stories that are middle of the road, service longtime couples or fit within network decrees of what are perceived to be acceptable to that audience (babies, babies and babies). But that's not boldly going forward. It's gutting out survival. If soaps are going to have a long-term future, which will almost certainly be on streaming and not network, centering only that segment of the audience is not the answer, and GH already survived the axe in 2012 and probably several times since - you have nothing left to prove to anyone, except to prove that you can change.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
51 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Why on earth would Molly phone TJ at work to discuss having a baby?  Ridiculous.

"I'm calling you at work to tell you I might be pregnant--let's discuss how you feel about it."  So damned dumb.  Like, if you want to wait to take the test until you discuss it, there's this thing called after work that is a good option.

Re: Sprina, WL and the LGBTQ+ characters--good convo.  I don't know that there's any thought process of "waiting for NAC's contract to run out" because a. there's no guarantee he'll definitely bail and b. that would involve actual thinking.  I do think they're positioning them to have Trina's first time be 'magical,' in soap-speak. If they don't, then yeah, I'd side-eye that hard. 

I don't think WL is seen as mature enough for an adult relationship, which is ridiculous.  It's also interesting that the one who gets the A storyline, Eden McCoy, was the only one not even nominated for an Emmy in the past (Tabyana hasn't been, but Sydney was).  But, of course the white, blond girl who is the daughter of the white, blond woman gets the biggest storyline, even if it's not that compelling. 

I barely remember when Lucas/Brad had airtime, but it was never as much as it should've been and the whole baby storyline was handled so poorly.  Now Lucas is this invisible entity (is he even in town?  they've left it so vague) and Brad is his aunt's lackey.  Pretty shitty.

• Like 11
(edited)

I still want to know what the hell happened with Ryan Carnes. I am over Brad's nonsense and him with Lucas though I don't mind having Brad around, but Lucas himself could be a strong presence on the show and getting the same kind of airtime as the gays on DAYS.

Eden McCoy is passable, and has improved a lot IMO. But she's not the match of any of the other young actors she works with except maybe Dex, and trying so hard to center the youth canvas around her just because that's how FV did it with Kristen Alderson BITD is a dud. It's not 2008 (and Starr Manning's stories weren't so good then either). If it was me, Joss would be moved into a more comic supporting role for awhile, the spoiled/scheming princess, maybe with a geek boyfriend a la Maxie and Spinelli, until you can get a stronger recast. I do think McCoy could play that material well and I think people would enjoy it.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 5

How old is Dex supposed to be, mid-twenties? Why does he want to boink a dumb teenager? I know Joss is over 18, so I'm not objecting to this from a legal POV, but despite her upbringing, Joss is pretty naive, not to mention an idiot.

I suppose I get what she sees in him, but I have no idea what he's supposed to see in her. Starry-eyed adoration can only go so far. Joss can't even help him with his sekrit plan to take Sonny down. 

It's pretty funny the most romantic thing Dex has done is make dinner for Sonny and share it with him.

• Like 11
On 2/28/2023 at 4:11 PM, slayer2 said:

Sonny being a Latino character is a happenstance of them acknowledging the actor's heritage with respect to how much space he takes up on the show but there are no prominent Latino, Asian, or South-East Asian families in 2023 and the character's father is Greek. None of his children openly embrace or speak of their Latino heritage either.

Unpopular opinion: I don't mind that sometimes this is how diversity happens.  On Saved By the Bell, Lisa Turtle and AJ Slater were envisioned to be white characters, but Lark Voorhis and Mario Lopez fit the characters so well, the characters were reimagined. I read somewhere that on Luther, they thought they might cast a white actor for the lead (or didn't have a race in mind) but Idrisa Elba knocked it out of the park, so he got cast in the lead. Sometimes a really great minority actor comes along and TPTB decide to change course a bit. I think late 80s,  early to mid 90s were more open to diversity. They had Tom Hardy marry and have a son with Dr.Simone Ravelle, a black women. While it was never incorporated (but I think it should have) Vanessa Marcil is half Mexican, so one of the last super couples where played by Latino actors.  Then they introduced the Wards and found a good way to tie them to the Qs. I fully think that Guza was something of a racist, save for his love for Sonny the gangster, because he torched all that diversity, especially when JFP came on board. Every once in a while he would introduce or reintroduce a black character, but lose interest really quickly. One of the most glaring examples of this when he introduced Asher Caldwell, a black Wharton educated ELQ executive, for a hot minute. I remember this because 1) Edward had Asher fetch drinks from spoiled ass Michael and his girlfriend who were interning, 2) Maya Ward had come on the canvas as medical intern on GH at the same time. A sensible show runner would have had Asher and Maya cross paths, with maybe Edward pushing Maya and Asher together with a love triangle developing with Ethan and Asher becoming an player teaming up with Tracy. You would think that, but they didn't share one scene. That was how short sighted Guza was. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I suppose I get what she sees in him, but I have no idea what he's supposed to see in her. Starry-eyed adoration can only go so far. Joss can't even help him with his sekrit plan to take Sonny down. 

She's hot and wants to have sex. For a certain type of man, that's all he requires. I assume we're supposed to think Dex isn't like that but that's how it's coming across to me. 

• Like 6
4 hours ago, slayer2 said:

Someone upthread mentioned Kristina, is she bisexual or did you mean from the perspective of having a half-Latino father?

I believe that Kristina is suppose to be bisexual.  Maybe you were fortunate enough to miss her relationship with Professor Parker a few years back.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
4 hours ago, ciarra said:

And if Molly and TJ arrived together, why would her shopping be mixed in with Sam's stuff?

Both women had bags when they walked in and put them on the desk/table thingy by the door.  Sam told Kristina to get the dessert out of her bag instead of getting it herself or at least telling her which bag to look into.  Kris went through a bag, which turned out to be Molly's, found the pregnancy test and decided to call out Sam for it.  

• Useful 1

Certainly show has gotten more diverse than when it started, when I'm pretty sure all the characters were white.  I remember seeing it on casually after school in the 70s when the nurses still wore white caps and Steve Hardy and Jessie Brewer were there.  I was in school and missed most of the Luke and Laura years, but watched a bit around the time Jackie Templeton was in it.  Their idea of diversity then was an Aussie.  

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

Certainly show has gotten more diverse than when it started, when I'm pretty sure all the characters were white.  I remember seeing it on casually after school in the 70s when the nurses still wore white caps and Steve Hardy and Jessie Brewer were there.  I was in school and missed most of the Luke and Laura years, but watched a bit around the time Jackie Templeton was in it.  Their idea of diversity then was an Aussie.  

Well there was Brian and Claudia in the early 80s. I can’t remember how they left.

Then we had Simone. And when Luke and Laura returned, we got Mary Mae Ward, Justus, Dara, Keisha during the early to mid-90s. And Garcia. 

But yeah, overall, not much diversity.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't understand why every man is in love with Carly but looks like it is hereditary and passed on to Carly Jr.

Otherwise, a willing sex partner. He's not the brightest bulb in the pack himself.

15 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Martin wasn't appointed by the court. Nikolas hired him and I'm assuming he's the reason Spencer isn't allowed to take the adult baby home with him.

Martin came into Esmè's hospital room complaining that he had been appointed her lawyer by a judge. Nik afterwards corned him outside her hospital room and said that he was the one who had arranged for that to happen and that he would pay Martin 3 (?) times his salary to defend her. So while Nik is not longer paying him, on the books Martin still should be Esmè's lawyer.

10 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

Luke did a lot of that - "Caroline" and "Natasha."  Because he knew who they really were when everyone else didn't!

He did it to Carly because she hated it and he liked to take her down a peg or twenty. In my mind, he did it to Alexis to remind her that she too is a Cassadine and needs to remember her twisted side.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

He did it to Carly because she hated it and he liked to take her down a peg or twenty.

Which I LOVED! And when he threatened her-you could see how she was afraid of him. Well, original SHEBEAST anyway.

And Luke always called Bobbie as Barbara Jean.

• Like 9
On 3/1/2023 at 3:17 PM, perkie1968 said:

This show is so cheap there would be no way they would pay Adam to lie in a bed unless he was sticking around.    

This show is so cheap they’re not going to pay a full day’s wage for someone to lie in a bed for a 10-second shot. Either they shot that on the same day he last appeared (head bonking scene) and that’s all we’ll see of Nikolas for awhile, or they shot a bunch of quick scenes of him and his captor all at once, and these will be doled out over time as the story unfolds. In either scenario, Adam could be done/recast, or he could be enjoying a long unpaid vacation in the interim. But I don’t believe he’s getting paid while Nik is MIA.

On 3/3/2023 at 9:31 PM, Daisy said:

maybe she's Trina Baby Girl Robinson?

Maybe she’s BabyGirl Trina Robinson, and everyone but her mother calls her by her middle name.

53 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Nik afterwards corned him outside her hospital room 

I’m sure that’s against hospital policy.

• LOL 11
6 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Unpopular opinion: I don't mind that sometimes this is how diversity happens.  On Saved By the Bell, Lisa Turtle and AJ Slater were envisioned to be white characters, but Lark Voorhis and Mario Lopez fit the characters so well, the characters were reimagined. I read somewhere that on Luther, they thought they might cast a white actor for the lead (or didn't have a race in mind) but Idrisa Elba knocked it out of the park, so he got cast in the lead. Sometimes a really great minority actor comes along and TPTB decide to change course a bit. I think late 80s,  early to mid 90s were more open to diversity. They had Tom Hardy marry and have a son with Dr.Simone Ravelle, a black women. While it was never incorporated (but I think it should have) Vanessa Marcil is half Mexican, so one of the last super couples where played by Latino actors.  Then they introduced the Wards and found a good way to tie them to the Qs. I fully think that Guza was something of a racist, save for his love for Sonny the gangster, because he torched all that diversity, especially when JFP came on board. Every once in a while he would introduce or reintroduce a black character, but lose interest really quickly. One of the most glaring examples of this when he introduced Asher Caldwell, a black Wharton educated ELQ executive, for a hot minute. I remember this because 1) Edward had Asher fetch drinks from spoiled ass Michael and his girlfriend who were interning, 2) Maya Ward had come on the canvas as medical intern on GH at the same time. A sensible show runner would have had Asher and Maya cross paths, with maybe Edward pushing Maya and Asher together with a love triangle developing with Ethan and Asher becoming an player teaming up with Tracy. You would think that, but they didn't share one scene. That was how short sighted Guza was. 

I don't even remember that dude. I do remember Khary Payton being hired as a doctor who Lisa(?) tried to push towards Robin to free up Patrick, and his role evaporated. Cut to maybe ten years later and Payton stars on TWD as a fan favorite. Waste.

The attempt at a Ward revival around the same time was so brief and strange too. They announced with great fanfare that Maya Ward was coming on and would constantly mention her little sister Zoe, who has to this day never appeared for whatever reason. I don't know if it was an internal push to bring on more characters of color and whether it was something Guza genuinely had an interest in, or whether it was a Disney/ABC initiative post-Grey's he did reluctantly or what but in the end Annie Ilonzeh's role as Maya came to very little. It was so obvious they didn't care about truly investing in her (and many other white characters, in fairness) when she became Ethan's rarely-seen sidepiece/fake wife(?) in a C-subplot. They all too readily let Ilonzeh out of her contract to pursue other work and go on recurring, and from then on Maya's only appearances were to remind the audience that Ethan was still 'married' until she eventually turned up to divorce him and leave the show.

• Like 3
On 3/4/2023 at 5:42 PM, dubbel zout said:

I suppose I get what she sees in him, but I have no idea what he's supposed to see in her.

Joss is brave and strong, and when she loves, she loves with her whole heart

Not just a part of it! 

• LOL 7
(edited)

I think she really is getting the Carly Jr. writing, where what looks to me like an entitled attitude is "knows her own worth"; what looks to me like rudeness is "speaks her mind" and "can't remain silent when she knows something is wrong"; what looks to me like being a shitty fickle friend is "expects those she loves to live up to a high standard," etc. 

For the purposes of someone like Dex, whatever negative quality you see in Josslyn gets a funhouse-mirror distortion that makes it something good. And she is clearly a writers' pet at this point.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 3

I was so surprised Cam was able to tell Joss off, break up with her, keep his dignity, and not end up dead or near death. Sure, he hasn't really been seen since but that scene is more than most other characters have gotten (Lucas Who?). 

And if the show is insisting on making Brooklyn a music producer, they should utilize the actor who is actually studying music in college instead of Chase who doesn't even want to be a musician. Did the police union organizers accidentally skip Port Charles back in the day? It seems like he's been suspended from the force longer than he's been an active officer. 

• Like 10
On 3/1/2023 at 7:48 PM, Mirabelle said:

That dinner was the most romantic thing I've ever seen Dex do and that includes jumping into a dumpster for Joss. I really hope Sonny's next move is to take Dex to his island. 

As for why Sonny is leaving Dex out of that shipment deal, I assume Sonny doesn't fully trust Dex yet. Dex hasn't proven himself. He's barely adequate as a bodyguard. 

‘Jumping into a dumpster with Joss’ is a good metaphor for their relationship.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 11
On 3/2/2023 at 12:59 PM, dubbel zout said:

Chase's suspension has lasted as long as Cam's community service. Good grief.

"I'm action-oriented." "That's Latin for 'meddler'!" Hee.

How long did Anna have to lie in that cooler? That aside, I'm liking the cheese factor of this part of the story.

Frank: “There’s gonna be so many babies for 2023!  We could fill a hospital nursery with all these babies!”

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Suicidy said:

Frank: “There’s gonna be so many babies for 2023!  We could fill a hospital nursery with all these babies!”

Maybe TJ should choose pediatrics as his speciality since there is a need to treat all these babies that look six months older than they are.

Edited by nilyank
  • Like 4
  • LOL 6

Gregory's medical mystery reminds me that Alexis has the worst luck with new friends. Either they're only buddying up to her to further an evil agenda ("Liv" Jerome, Kendra Bauer, Harmony Miller) or they're marked for death.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
14 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Joss is brave and strong, and when she loves, she loves with her whole heart

Not just a part of it! 

This is giving me such terrible Babe from AMC flashbacks. 

14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Still don't see it, but if Dex wants to fuck a dumb blonde, he's got a winner in Joss.

Wouldn't it be fun if Joss was part of Dex's revenge plan? I don't know if the actor can pull it off, but I'd enjoy it. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I'd rather Dex take down Michael. That entitled, stupid little shit deserves nothing less.

Can he take down all the Carlys? Including Drew please.

I love the idea that he’s going to start secretly caring about Sonny. That’s a much better story than him and Joss being on the same side. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, racked said:

I love the idea that he’s going to start secretly caring about Sonny.

That is just par for the course. Every.Single.Person who had an axe to grind or was after him legally, ended up "caaaaaring" for him, and thus torpedoing their own plaaaaans for revenge.

It would be wonderful schadenfreude if the Dumb as a Box of Rocks Dex, would flip on the SLS, and bring his ASS down, instead of Mooby's.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3

sigh.
I get it Lisel. I do.... but man I'd be so tempted to be all "I can't deal with you, and leave, once Michael opened his mouth. 

I also kind of wish Lisel said i owed this to Britta and your mother Nina to help you. you are one of us. 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, standbyme said:

This is giving me such terrible Babe from AMC flashbacks. 

Wouldn't it be fun if Joss was part of Dex's revenge plan? I don't know if the actor can pull it off, but I'd enjoy it. 

I've been Hoping Joss is part of his revenge plan so she gets much needed Karma for cheating on Cam and being a Sanctimonious Know It All hypocrite 

8 minutes ago, Daisy said:

holy moses.  Lisel goes all I ask for is that you don't Nina as an enemy that's good enough for me, and Michael and Willow look disgusted. geeze. 

Here come the Carly and her Coven Stans with "She's Blackmailing them for her Marrow THAT BITCH." 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Josh371982 said:

Here come the Carly and her Coven Stans with "She's Blackmailing them for her Marrow THAT BITCH." 

Willow basically went that Nina doesn't love me as a daughter, she just loves the idea of having a daughter so this is all about Nina (and something something, she did all these horrible things to me and Michael and Wiley. okay there Willow). 

And then Lisel said hey i get it. that was Me and Britt. she was so focused on Faison she didn't give Brit what she wanted, and it truly ruined her life. thankfully, she accepted my apology and we re-developed our relationship and became friends. 

Then she said what I was saying but mostly because Willow is dying but basically why would you waste your second chance at life hating Nina for her shortcomings. (honestly i would also toss out especially when you forgive everyone else for theirs). 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Please let Liesl fail the physical and be unable to donate.  Would a head cold work?

that's what im saying. just knock her out of contention and willow wastes away

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I don't even know how Leisl's fixation on Faison and her neglect of Britt has anything to do with the Willow/Nina situation. Nina couldn't stand you because you were keeping her only connection to her child away from her. And it was always more about Michael/Carly than it was about Willow because her backbone was given over to the Carlys.

Let's not go all revisionist history on this. Thanks.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 9
1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't even know how Leisl's fixation on Faison and her neglect of Britt has anything to do with the Willow/Nina situation. Nina couldn't stand you because you were keeping her only connection to her child away from her. And it was always more about Michael/Carly than it was about Willow because her backbone was given over to the Carlys.

Let's not go all revisionist history on this. Thanks.

i think i think. it was just more of answering Willow's statement of "NIna doesn't see me as a person" to Lisel saying,"true I never saw Brit as anything more as a piece"either. but she changed and saw brit as her own person and her own child outside of pleasing Faison, and ideally Nina & Willow can get there too. 

and I am hoping she was only being nice so maybe that Willow can actually start doing the right thing, before dropping more serious truthbombs. ie: NIna might not see you as you, but her only crime would be smoothering you with much love to over compensat, vs. you know the woman you forgave for not only kidnapping you, but raised you in a cult and pimped you out to said cult leaders. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, CeChase said:

I think I'm gonna skip today's show.  Zero interest in seeing Liesl grovel to that trash family. 

you are welcome. 

i take payment in forms of hugs and cookies. LOL

• Like 2
  • Hugs 3
  • LOL 4

Line of the day:

After Victor tells Liz that he has evidence that she helped Nik keep Esme hostage and he'll turn it over the authorities.  He wants to know where Nik is or else.

Liz:  Pretty soon your so called evidence will be worthless and you have no power over me.  Good luck finding Nikolas though.  

The look on Victor's face, was all 'wuh??".  Hee.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Good acting today from the seniors. KG as Liesl showed CD how to express emotion other than by looking constipated and there were moments when Katelyn rose up to the nuances. The regret for her past actions and her loss while keeping an understated, sad dignity hit a good note. While I wish that she would have extracted more from the Carlys in exchange for saving Willow's life (I suspect that illow wouldn't save Nina's and sure that Carly and Michael wouldn't if the situation were reversed) Obrecht showed herself to be a better person than the Carlys.

25 minutes ago, Daisy said:

i think i think. it was just more of answering Willow's statement of "NIna doesn't see me as a person" to Lisel saying,"true I never saw Brit as anything more as a piece"either. but she changed and saw brit as her own person and her own child outside of pleasing Faison, and ideally Nina & Willow can get there too.

It wasn't a bitchy as I would have liked but it was clever. The best way to get someone to move from a position they are hanging onto is to say "I understand why you feel that way." I don't know why but feeling understood gives them the room to move on from it. 

Someone's Obrecht's age taking an anti-coagulant is very realistic.

I liked Nina's jacket and top. Also nice that the restaurant manager has stopped being nasty to Nina, that was not pleasant to see.

Gregory/Alexis is a stupid plot but the actors sold the nuances of emotions. Also Gregory,  Tell your doctor son, dummy. And tell your other son too, he needs something to distract him from his own problems of not being on the PCPD and mooning over Brook Lynn.

Caroline Hennessy did good too, telling Victor "I'm afraid your personal guarantee might do more harm than good." I like Diane much more when she's not ass-kissing Carly or telling Alexis to be unethical.

Becky did well too with Liz confessing to Esme but I don't care.

I really don't care about Mason's slimey threats too. And I'm tired of Spencer's entitlement to his brother.

On 3/4/2023 at 11:38 PM, 30 Helens said:

Maybe she’s BabyGirl Trina Robinson, and everyone but her mother calls her by her middle name.

That's what it said right there on her hospital leg band.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Good acting today from the seniors. KG as Liesl showed CD how to express emotion other than by looking constipated

While he looked constipated whenever the camera panned on his face.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

Willow can have empathy for Liesl Obrecht losing two children, yet she can't have empathy for her own mother, who has lost one and has another who refuses to have anything to do with her. Willow, you are irredeemable.

What exactly did Nina do to Wylie? Tell him who his birth mother is? The kid was 2. I doubt he knew what Nina was talking about. Shut up, Willow. Every time she tries to justify her hatred for Nina, all it does is make Willow look even more like a terrible person.

Shut up, Spencer. You aren't that baby's guardian in any way, shape, or form, Ugh, his entitlement is so gross. I don't find this endearing or admirable at all.

Zzzz, Mason and Austin. I don't care that Mason is blackmailing Austin. I NEVER CARED.

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Also Gregory,  Tell your doctor son, dummy. And tell your other son too,

Ugh, I HATE this trope. It's so idiotic and boring. The drama is in dealing with whatever's going on, not everyone trying to figure it out. This fakakta show and its inability to write anything remotely compelling.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Gregory/Alexis is a stupid plot

What are we thinking it is?  My first thought was medical.  We're in the home stretch (Please dog, let us be in the home stretch) of Willow's disease so someone else needs to have a disease.  Or is it possible that Gregory was caught with a younger student and its a Me Too thing?  

Today on Paraphrase Hospital:

Spencer:  This baby is mine, mine, mine, mine

Diane:  His mother wants him

Spencer, Mine, Mine, mine, mine, mine

Diane:  This is the lady from child services, don't be a brat in front of her, you tool.

Liz;  Nik and I kept you hostage in a tower

Esme:  What am I, Rapunzel.  Did I let down my hair to escape

Liz:  Nope, you threw yourself into the harbour

Esme:  Say what with the who now?

Liz:  I'm not even one iota sorry.

Esme: Imma tell police..

Liz:  Yep, way ahead of ya.

Victor:  I think my poop doesn't stink so I wll stand here and inform you that I have evidence against you and will tell police.

Liz:  Yep, way ahead of ya, you giant tool

Victor:  Buh?  Wah?  

Michael: So, what will you want in exchange

Liesl:  For the two of you to be less asshole-ish

Willow:  Ok, but it's all Nina's fault.  She's a big meany

Liesl:  i'm saving your life.  Maybe try to be less asshloe-ish.  

Sonny:  So if Nik came back you'd want him back

Ava;  Yeah, he's not coming back.  He threatened to take Avery

Sonny:  2 + 2 = 4.  Got it.  

Mason:  Hey Cuz, Imma sit here eating food while I talk to you cuz that's not disgusting or anything.  

Austin:  I don't care

Mason:  I know things.  There are things that I know.  I saw things.  There are things that I've seen.  I know and have seen things, that I've seen and know.  

Austin :  Still don't care.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, Daisy said:

You're probably right. All I know is that it made me jump because this show enjoys gaslighting the audience when it comes to the Carlys.

In any case I am very much over Willow's lack of empathy when it comes to Nina specifically. She doesn't have to love her but she can make an effort to understand where she's coming from.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4

The sheer volume of characters being hurled in front of buses to try to salvage and prop the character of Esme Prince makes me realize how lucky they are to be set in a hospital.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It wasn't a bitchy as I would have liked but it was clever. The best way to get someone to move from a position they are hanging onto is to say "I understand why you feel that way." I don't know why but feeling understood gives them the room to move on from it. 

yeah like ii you just want to know you are being heard. which i get
and i agree with you to me - especially today - Willow's explanations just sound stupid. I think id rather prefer her saying "I simply don't want to." because her justifications compared to everything else that we know is just like "really"

Like. I am removing Carly from this.
Willow was able to forgive Harmony for
* kidnapping her.
* raising her in cults
* giving her no sense of identiy or stability
* pimping her in said cult. 
* murdering two people  to keep the secret that she kidnapped Willow
* almost murdering two other people because they figured it out. 

compared to Nina for 
* being mean to her when she was a teacher
* lying about Sonny 
* lying by omission
* telling Wiley that he had two mommies
* suing to visit her grandson once a month
*telling people she was having an affair (because that's how it looked like)
* being insta I LOVE YOU to her now that NIna knows the truth

How am I supposed to agree with that assessment, show?

16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What exactly did Nina do to Wylie? Tell him who his birth mother is? The kid was 2. I doubt he knew what Nina was talking about. Shut up, Willow. Every time she tries to justify her hatred for Nina, all it does is make Willow look even more like a terrible person.

this is going to be one of the hills i die on. The show never showed us Nina saying anything like that about Willow when it first came up.  this one person was like "well what do you think she meant when she said I'm your other mommy's mommy" and I am like... exactly what it means.. let's like pretend for one moment Nina didn't say a WORD. How was anyone going to explain to say a ten year old Wiley when he has to do his genealogy project that we ALL did - what NIna exactly was to him? Willow & Michael pretty much were playing it like they were never going to tell this kid that he was adopted. but then you have grandmother in his life. IT DOESN'T COMPUTE.

AND like we've been saying HE WAS TWO. this is why i firmly believe the show forgot how old wiley is when they really leaned into this and how it "really upset Wiley and it took him forever to get over it." like come on. What you meant was it took WILLOW a long time to get over it and I would give anything for Willow to freaking wise up and say it. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 8
(edited)
On 3/6/2023 at 10:42 AM, racked said:

Can he take down all the Carlys? Including Drew please.

I love the idea that he’s going to start secretly caring about Sonny. That’s a much better story than him and Joss being on the same side. 

Everybody does that though (enemy to friend trope with Sonny) and what drives me nuts about it is Sonny really isn't that charming. He never was much for social graces so I don't get why the show pulls this Donnie Brasco crap every time. With a more likeable, palatable character like Lorenzo Alcazar or Johnny Zacharra I'd see it. Hell even crazy Anthony what he lacked in social graces he made up for in sheer entertainment but Sonny? I don't get the appeal.

It would be lovely if he reverse Uno'd Carly and Michael and took down Sonny in one fell swoop. However, I think we're more likely to see Barry Allen reverse the timeline and catapult us to a wolrd without shrimp.

Edited by slayer2
  • Useful 1

Of course the irony is lost on Willow that while Nina might not see her as a person, Willow doesn't either, she's just someone's mom and fiancée. She defines herself in relation to other people, not as a distinct person of her own.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2