Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Carly and Jr's hate for Nina and Sonny are so unhinged they were worried about poor Michael having to be around them. Someone save the baby from their clutches. Now would be the time for Monica to swoop in. Hell, I'd settle for Kristina.

That death sequence was the blandnest ever. Which is appropriate for Willow. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Why was Harmony wearing black? That wasn’t very heavenly. Maybe she was taking Willow down instead of up? Would’ve loved to have seen that. 😂

14 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Trina grounds Spencer he needs that.

True, but I hope for better for Trina than being a support for a self-centered immature being. She does enough of that with Joss.

That is one adorable baby though.

• Like 4

Confused. Austin said Willow was doing great, yet she is in ICU on a respirator. That doesn’t seem great to me.  So I suspect she will be in a coma and it will be Nina’s prayers that get her to wake up.

• Useful 3

Joss can’t support Michael because she’s convinced Sonny/Nina will say something hateful and they’ll start fighting? She’s the one who bitches about Sonny or Nina 24/7 and can’t stop trash talking them. Some self-reflection is desperately necessary because the fact that she can’t even slightly control her own behavior is telling and incredibly  sad. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 8
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

I am not getting why we're not being shown the scenes of them getting told bad news. 

I was wondering if anyone else noticed that we didn’t get that scene today

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Nik is seriously giving Esme a legal document to sign WHILE SHES IN A MENTAL INSTITUTION?  Yeah, that would stand up in court.  And the guards allow him to pass things, including a pen (which could be used as a weapon) to a patient?

this show has the dumbest writers in the business.

• Like 16
  • Applause 6
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

“I’m Willow, Michael’s fiancé and the mother of his children”. Like the show doesn’t even pretend like she has her own identity 

GH and the patriarchy. Wimminfolk are an extension of the men they're with. What a dumb thing to write and what a dumb thing to act. Michael is a tumor that needs to be removed.

Harmony is still a shitty person in the afterlife. Walk faster into the light next time. Because of course Michael would be the one to bring Willow back.

I watched the episode on FF. I know Esme did horrible things, but leave the amnesiac alone. Especially you, Nikolas, you dickhead. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 8
1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

GH and the patriarchy. Wimminfolk are an extension of the men they're with. What a dumb thing to write and what a dumb thing to act. Michael is a tumor that needs to be removed.

Harmony is still a shitty person in the afterlife. Walk faster into the light next time. Because of course Michael would be the one to bring Willow back.

I watched the episode on FF. I know Esme did horrible things, but leave the amnesiac alone. Especially you, Nikolas, you dickhead. 

I think it’s less about being patriarchal and more about bad writing.  I mean, SheBeast and her demon spawn certainly have their own identities, however awful.  Anna, Laura, etc. are all pretty strong.  But for some reason they feel compelled to write Willow as a bland doormat.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Suicidy said:

for some reason they feel compelled to write Willow as a bland doormat.

None of Michael's girlfriends had much of their own identity. Maybe Nelle? Or Rosalie? They were all there to revolve around him.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, jqdeco said:

Confused. Austin said Willow was doing great, yet she is in ICU on a respirator. That doesn’t seem great to me.  So I suspect she will be in a coma and it will be Nina’s prayers that get her to wake up.

It wasn't well done, but I think what they meant to show is Willow looking conflicted about which way to go, and then cut to...her family being told she's recovered. So I think we can safely assume she is fine for now. 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Sad 1
4 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

It wasn't well done, but I think what they meant to show is Willow looking conflicted about which way to go, and then cut to...her family being told she's recovered. So I think we can safely assume she is fine for now. 

Didn't she say in yesterday's ep, right before passing out, that she wanted to name the baby Jenna? Did anyone else hear that?

Right before she passed out she said something about Jonah.  

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Joss:   "Willow found so hard for Michael and Wylie and her new baby. It would be awful for Michael if she died."

Her first words when she regains consciousness will probably be "is Michael ok?"

• Like 6
  • LOL 10

Besides being the biggest, most alert, preemie to have ever been born, I guess she has a kick-ass immune system--what with Bobbie, who is now suddenly solely in charge of the NICU, inviting everyone in to see her without so much as a mask on.  Of course, prior to that the three witches from MacBeth decided that, of course (OF COURSE) it would be Sonny and Nina who picked a fight with THEM, given they just never say anything nasty.  #IHateThisBullshit

I did like that Michael got to hear Nina praying for Willow's life in the context of being a mother to two kids and not having anything to do with their blood bond.  Maybe a smidge of compassion will seep thru that skull of his.

Also, too much of LW's fake laugh today.  That's all.

Oh, I did like the Elizabeth/Caroline scenes.  Glad she told the truth because now Elizabeth is out for Nik.  I really think bad recast or not it doesn't matter as the character is on his way out.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 9
  • Applause 5
19 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, too much of LW's fake laugh today.  That's all.

That is such a pet peeve of mine. What possesses her to do that loud, fake laugh? It’s such a bizarre acting choice and I don’t know how she hasn’t figured out how to sound like she’s really laughing yet?

• Like 1
  • Love 5

First-is the SPO a zombie? She’s listening to what bullshit Satan Harmony is dishing out-and not snapping back that she luuurved her so much, she set her up to be raped by the cult leader! 

And second, why does Trina care about Esmé’s spawn? It’s not Spencer’s and she hates Esmé.

It’s all so STOOPID.

But add me to the list of those who think the baby is all kinds of adorbs!

Oh, and because it CANNOT be said enough: STFU SHEBEAST and MiniSheBeast!

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

I thought with Willow giving birth so much earlier than Esme that we would be spared a baby switch storyline.

But looking at that adorable baby today, it is obvious that the silly doctors switched Michael and Willow's daughter with some baby that came today for her 6 month checkup with the pediatrician.

Where is Heather when you need her? There is something so icky about what Nikolas is trying to do to Esme especially since she is so defenseless and totally alone.

Edited by nilyank
  • Like 6
  • LOL 4

When is Britt's memorial because none of her co-workers seem to be rushing off to attend.

Meanwhile Spencer and Trina have been dressed and ready to attend for the last few hours as they hang around the hospital waiting for it to start.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Of course, prior to that the three witches from MacBeth decided that, of course (OF COURSE) it would be Sonny and Nina who picked a fight with THEM, given they just never say anything nasty.

They're as white as the driven snow. Pure Carlys.

That little girl doesn't stand a chance with those three twisting her around into a pretzel. Here's the next generation of Carlys.

• Like 2
  • Sad 7
9 hours ago, nilyank said:

I thought with Willow giving birth so much earlier than Esme that we would be spared a baby switch storyline.

But looking at that adorable baby today, it is obvious that the silly doctors switched Michael and Willow's daughter with some baby that came today for her 6 month checkup with the pediatrician.

Where is Heather when you need her? There is something so icky about what Nikolas is trying to do to Esme especially since she is so defenseless and totally alone.

I was really wishing Heather would walk in too!  But I bet Esme shows that paper to her.  Nick is maybe gonna get hooked over this. 

11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

the three witches from MacBeth 

I LOVE this.  LOL

• Like 2

Ryan and Heather can't know that Nicholas is the father, right?  I know everyone's mileage may vary, but I LOVE when those two lunatics have one of their batshit scenes.  I hope we get a scene soon where they both find out.  I would assume Esme is gonna show Heather that paper, and then confide in her that this old dude is her baby's father, Heather will tell Ryan not only is this old creep the father, he's trying to steal their grandchild, and then the batshit will begin!   Nik is gonna be in trouble.  

Edited by CeChase
  • Like 9
10 hours ago, nilyank said:

Where is Heather when you need her?

1 hour ago, CeChase said:

I was really wishing Heather would walk in too!  But I bet Esme shows that paper to her.

According to the previews, she shows up today--and it looks like she's going to stop Esme from signing. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, Artsda said:

Aren't Jordan and Stella still lying about the divorce papers? Jordan sure likes to act holier than thou and honesty police when it suits her. 

If you mean that it was Stella who didn't mail the papers the first time (and then had a stroke or whatever), yes. Jordan took the blame to protect Stella. It's so stupid, especially because Jordan and Curtis are now legally divorced. There's no drama anymore. Who cares if Jordan lied and Stella let her? 

25 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

According to the previews, [Heather] shows up today--and it looks like she's going to stop Esme from signing. 

Esmé looked skeptical about the papers anyway. I like that though she doesn't have any memories, she's not some naive dope. They've kept her native smarts.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, CeChase said:

Ryan and Heather can't know that Nicholas is the father, right?

Im pretty sure Ryan knows.  when Esme first showed up back in town, pregnant she went to Ryan to tell him, and I'm pretty sure she told him that it was Nik's because he was thrilled that ths would end NAva and get Ava back to him.  

6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Who cares if Jordan lied and Stella let her? 

Does Stella remember that she took the papers?  For the longest time she didn't know, because of the stroke but I can't remember if that memory came back to her.  

16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

None of Michael's girlfriends had much of their own identity. Maybe Nelle? Or Rosalie? They were all there to revolve around him.

There was a very brief one (not a girlfriend, but a date) I thought was promising, named Francesca. She had a bit of fire to her. She was opinionated about music and was trying to get Droopy Dog to listen to...Hinds, wasn't it? Nelle, who was pregnant at the time, did something to sabotage their date, and Francesca told Michael she wasn't up for whatever complicated things were going on with him.

Then the character was trotted out briefly for use as corroboration in the #metoo story with Kiki's doctor boss, and never seen again. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Im pretty sure Ryan knows.  when Esme first showed up back in town, pregnant she went to Ryan to tell him, and I'm pretty sure she told him that it was Nik's because he was thrilled that ths would end NAva and get Ava back to him.  

Does Stella remember that she took the papers?  For the longest time she didn't know, because of the stroke but I can't remember if that memory came back to her.  

You're right, Ryan does know.  My bad.  

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Esmé looked skeptical about the papers anyway. I like that though she doesn't have any memories, she's not some naive dope. They've kept her native smarts.

I like that, too.  I'm guessing at some point she'll get her memories back and be at least partially horrified, which is an OK reset for the character.  Better than 'the tumor made me do it.'

• Like 14
5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

They're as white as the driven snow. Pure Carlys.

That little girl doesn't stand a chance with those three twisting her around into a pretzel. Here's the next generation of Carlys.

I’m already anticipating them bad mouthing Willow to her daughter right around the time that she changes her mind about Nina, because you know they will happen eventually 

• Like 9
9 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I like that, too.  I'm guessing at some point she'll get her memories back and be at least partially horrified, which is an OK reset for the character.  Better than 'the tumor made me do it.'

I'd like to see a bit of a merger, which would make Esme a nice gray character. But they need to give her one (non-crazy parent) to be loyal to. I was with others in hoping it might be Cameron but I have a feeling now that Joss dumped him, we won't be seeing much of him. It's also annoying that they're going to saddle this 19/20 year old with a baby. 

Does Heather know that Ryan was basically pimping Esme out? I hope she'd be outraged if she found out (unless she already knows and thinks it's fine). 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I'm pretty sure she does. When Curtis first yelled at Jordan for not sending in the papers, Stella was there and had a flashback to that whole sequence of events. Why she didn't step up then and say it was her fault was dumb. She'd had a stroke (or whatever). I'm pretty sure Curtis would be sympathetic. And why she still hasn't said anything is also inexplicable.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Ryan pushed Esme to seduce Nik as I recall to break up Nik and Ava so a pregnancy with a baby that was Nik's wouldn't have likely set him off, though it will probably set off Heather

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Ryan pushed Esme to seduce Nik as I recall to break up Nik and Ava so a pregnancy with a baby that was Nik's wouldn't have likely set him off, though it will probably set off Heather

Yeah it will set Heather off, and Nik trying to take the baby from Esme will set them both off.   I will probably still get my batshit scenes!  lol

• LOL 1

Why won’t this show let go of Finn/Liz? They are so awkward together and BH usually has chemistry with everyone.

This episode felt like a lot was edited out yet there was also a lot of filler. It was weird. A lot of people were on to fulfill their guarantees but weren’t doing much and it was choppy. I did like the Liz/Nik scenes and Brad grieving Britt though.

Why were Dante and Sam at Britt’s memorial? Their inclusion was super random. I know I like to joke that the show has made them designated party attendees because they’re usually at all of the events, weddings and funerals but it really came off that way today. 

I don’t think Britt should be on the GH memorial wall. She wasn’t an impactful character, the actress is alive, and they’ve already given her exit way more attention than I think was warranted. Lol how much of her run was she actually working in the hospital because I don’t think it was very long. When you compare who else is on that wall with her, it’s glaring. 

I’m guessing Heather or Ryan kill Nikolas. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I really liked the Britt character and will miss her, but the party and the memorial service were overkill, they should’ve picked one. 

And I’m irate at them giving her a spot on the wall of honour with Lila, Dr. Hardy, Dr. Alan Quatermaine (which we only have a split second to see), and other beloved longtime actors who have passed, when the actress is thriving and alive.

I would’ve understood adding Sonya Eddy, but not Britt.

They really are throwing Nik’s character to the wolves, showing him becoming more and more unhinged and abusive, as well as serving him to Ryan and Heather. The actress is really doing a great job of appearing considerate and ruthless. Respect.

Spencer spending most of his time in the chapel pondering what to do with the recording is ridiculous. “Would you mind giving us the chapel?” Indeed. How dismissive of Trina. Yuck.

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, Desperado said:

I would’ve understood adding Sonya Eddy, but not Britt.

They might still; Eddy's death hasn't been handled in the show yet.

10 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Spencer spending most of his time in the chapel pondering what to do with the recording is ridiculous. “Would you mind giving us the chapel?” Indeed. How dismissive of Trina. Yuck.

Once a turd, always a turd.

Austin was awfully casual when he was updating TJ and Teri about Willow's condition. He could have been a bit more lively.

Good for Elizabeth for reading the riot act to Nik.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

NIce Connor McDavid shout out, maybe would have been better if it was Hayley Wickenheiser but I guess the boys don't watch women's hockey. Although Violet is so tiny she should stick to figure skating.

Other than Liz giving it to Nik, it was kind of boring. Brad losing his only friend was kind of sad.

The baby is cute, but kind of looked animatronic like the ones they use on Call the Midwife.

ETA: I like Esme with no memories (?) but smarts, she can kind of be like a cousin Greg (Succession ) type character. I am liking it a lot, they have a good actress and this will be a good way to get her out of a dead end story. 

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • Like 8
23 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL that everyone is praying in the waiting area, not the chapel.

They're getting ready for Britt's memorial in the chapel.  And if I were waiting for news in the hospital, I would just pray in the waiting room so they would know where I was.  Not like there's anything special about the chapel.

• Like 2

LOL at Liesl trying to cheer Brad up. I love it when she's so bracingly, brutally honest. 

It looks like Brad brought McConnell's ice cream to Britt's office. The overpriced green grocer around the corner from me has started carrying it, and even though it's $8.99 a pint (you read that right), it's really good for a splurge.

Just now, Katy M said:

They're getting ready for Britt's memorial in the chapel. 

Trina and Spencer were talking in there, as were Jordan and Spencer. Britt's picture was already set up in the back. It's the usual wonky GH time.

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I’m guessing Heather or Ryan kill Nikolas. 

I think we're heading to a murder mystery, who dunnit, Nik killing.  Other candidates are Liz and Finn after today.  Plus Victor, and possibly Spencer and Ava

• Useful 2
7 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I think we're heading to a murder mystery, who dunnit, Nik killing.  Other candidates are Liz and Finn after today.  Plus Victor, and possibly Spencer and Ava

Ugh, not looking forward to watching Laura mourn again. And now she'll have NONE of her kids on the canvas? WTH? #WakeUpLulu 

• Like 3
  • Love 7

I'm a bit shocked that Carly and/or Joss didn't descend upon Nina, Maxie, Sasha, and Sonny looking at the baby and scream at them for trying to influence her.

A party and a memorial service is a bit much for a character like Britt, I agree.

• Like 4
  • Love 1