Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Dex said something about wanting to take Mooby down for his own personal reasons

Which would be interesting if he was AJ or Lorenzo's son.  But even then, he'd be brainwashed into believing the parent (AJ or Lorenzo) was the bad buy and sonny would was misunderstood.  In good writing hands it would be great, but it's not.  

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

hen Joss would be fucking her brother's brother.  

Took me 5 minutes to figure this one out!!!   But Michael slept with 3 different sisters even though he didn' t know they were siblings.  And Liz slept with her half brother's half brother.   And Molly is sister and cousin to Kristina.  And so on and so  on !!!

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

No—that was well established in the TB years, if not at the end of the SJB era. LW's Carly might have thrown around "we're BFFs!" more, but Carly always thought of Jason that way.

Yeah, I remember it starting in 2001, when Burton made a return that got abbreviated (because he got a part in The Last Castle, I think?). Sarah Brown had one foot out the door. Carly was solidly with Sonny, and she was firmly in the "Jason's my bestest friend in the whole world" mindset. Anyway, the two of them went to some dive together and she was trash-talking Liz ("She's not worthy of you" and all that), because she knew he was into Liz and would be excited to see her again. 

48 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Which would be interesting if he was AJ or Lorenzo's son.  But even then, he'd be brainwashed into believing the parent (AJ or Lorenzo) was the bad buy and sonny would was misunderstood.  In good writing hands it would be great, but it's not.  

If he were AJ's via Hannah Scott, that might be good. She was in a triangle with Taggert and AJ pretty much right up to the point she left town, and she was tilting AJ's way toward the end. (Edit: But yeah, the familial complications with the Joss relationship would be icky.) 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Useful 1

If Dex were an awesome character, I would jump on the bandwagon for him to be AJ's son. But he's not. He's a moron; a wooden, lame-ass, one-note maroon

I wouldn't wish him on Lorenzo, either, because Lorenzo was a smart and cunning mobster.

Let him be the child or sibling of some never heard before person Mooby had killed.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 7
  • Applause 4

I saw some of the Carly + Joss convo and while it was good. it really just screams ....the hypocrisy of the show and really just again makes you question stuff.

Joss hates Sonny for being "evul mobster" but she's fine sleeping with his hitman. (and since Baby Jason is not a cop  whatever he does (ie: beating up people etc) is still wrong, illegal, etc. he has his own personal reasons which whatever I don't care but he's still. doing crap things). and there is NOTHING right now showing me that if Sonny told Baby Jason to kill someone that he wouldn't do it. 

A big part of parenting is very much "Do as I say, not as I do."  so arguably yeah Carly was completely in this world, but Carly should be more "Are you kidding me?" that Joss is falling into this world head first with no regrets. And this is where not having Jax sucks because he would be be losing his every loving lasting mind about this.  

At the end of the is just again shows that Joss, Carly and Michael aren't Anti-Sonny because Sonny is a mobster, they are Anti-Sonny because Sonny isn't up Carly's butt anymore. When this all blows up, Sonny will probably not kill Baby Jason because Joss will whinge "IF I EVER MEANT ANYTHING TO YOU AT ALL". and nothing will happen. perusual. 

• Like 11
2 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

he Balkan?  That Russian guy that Sonny spit on after he shot him?  

Moreno, Sorel, Alcazar, Ruiz Brothers, the Russians, the. Balkan, the Zaccharias, Trevor Lansing to name a few of Sonny’s enemies.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Blackie said:

Mayde Dex is Jax and Brenda's kid (has someone already suggested that?)

I hope not, that would mean that Joss slept with her brother.

It would be cool if Dex is Ric's son, it gives him tons of family connections.  Though it would play better if Molly were ever actually on screen.

• Like 2

I'd rather Dex be the one FBI guy who isn't corrupted by Sonny and actually takes him down, but that will never happen. Dex doesn't need to be connected to someone already on/previously on/mentioned once or twice on the show. It's already wildly too incestuous.

Edited by dubbel zout
grammar
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Took me 5 minutes to figure this one out!!!   But Michael slept with 3 different sisters even though he didn' t know they were siblings.  And Liz slept with her half brother's half brother.   And Molly is sister and cousin to Kristina.  And so on and so  on !!!

All because of Sonny's magical sperm!

• LOL 3
49 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'd rather Dex be the one FBI guy who isn't corrupted by Sonny and actually takes him down, but that will never happen. Dex doesn't need to be connected to someone already on/previously on/mentioned once or twice the show. It's already wildly too incestuous.

I’ve been waiting for the reveal that Dex is secretly FBI and also, surprise! Sonny’s son. Because this show loves nothing more than a good retread. Maybe this time, Dex will be the one who gets to shoot Sonny.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, lala2 said:

@perkie1968 - As I recall, Drew only has Jason’s memories and his own since resurfacing as “Jason.” I don’t think Jason’s memories were never removed from him IIRC. His own memories were destroyed somehow I think.

He should have the memory of how Carly dropped him like a hot potato as soon as the real Jason came back. This is the second strike on Never Trust Carly.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I like how LW dials things back when Carly is in mom mode, but I do wish the writing had her being a little harder on Joss's decisions. A mob lackey isn't the greatest choice for a love interest. But the show desperately wants to have its parallels, however dumb and inaccurate.

LW is really warm and sympathetic when Carly is in mom mode but not only is there never any judgment, there is also never any moral code  or or pointing out of consequences or how she has hurt other either.  That's not good parenting.

• Like 8
  • Applause 7
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

LW is really warm and sympathetic when Carly is in mom mode but not only is there never any judgment, there is also never any moral code  or or pointing out of consequences or how she has hurt other either.  That's not good parenting.

Pretty much, she excuses every crappy thing her kids do. She does it with Joss and Michael and Morgan when he was alive. It’s partially the reason they turned out the way they did. Give me a soap parent who calls their kids out when they’re doing something wrong any day of the week 

• Like 5
  • Applause 4

You forgot Chase pretty quick, Willow. And, no, Brook Lyn, Willow's no saint.

Ugh, it drives me crazy how the hatred the Carlys have for Nina has become so normalized that not only does everyone else accept it but believes it's the truth of who Nina is. No, Drew, it wasn't just up to Willow to decide what to do with the information that Nina is her mother. Nina had both of her daughters taken from her not just once, but twice, and that's unutterably cruel. Carly's hurt feelings don't equal or negate that, Drew.

I hate these people and this show for not bringing any crap down on Carly's head. They don't even know how to Soap anymore.

• Like 9
  • Applause 14
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Let him be the child or sibling of some never heard before person Mooby had killed.

I definitely think he’s the child of someone who Sonny killed or screwed over somehow.  I wish it would be someone we don’t know, but this show is obsessed with tying everyone to everyone, no matter how tenuous that tie may be (CODY).

• Like 6

I can’t think of a less sexy couple than Carly/Drew and there’s been some doozies. The actors give off such a weird and uncomfortable energy in their romantic scenes and I don’t buy even a little that Carly is into Drew. What does she like about him other than the Jason comparisons and having him better than being alone? 

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
25 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I think the ship has sailed on that one.  Pointing out morals and consequences (or even better modeling them) is great for younger kids, but Joss and Michael are grown. They already know what’s technically right and wrong and they are going to do whatever they want anyway.  I think at this point Carly is doing the right thing by just listening for the most part and not judging.  If she starts trying to tell her grown children what to do they are either not going to listen or stop coming to her at all.

• Like 1

Oh, Trina, your support of Spencer’s ridiculous baby daddy plan is very disappointing. Also, you do not pass my couple’s chem test, but that’s fine, no couple currently on canvas has either.

I’m glad Nina is not a match and I hope Sonny, Sasha, Maxie and Liesl can keep her from going over the edge. The scene where she told Willow was good. I’m glad they didn’t have Willow yell at her or throw her out.

I’m not a fan of Drew or Carly, but I like that the show is offering decent sex scenes with less young folks (Lucy/Martin - Anna/Valentin). Not sure if GH is using an intimacy coordinator has DOOL has done, it might help.

So Cody will ride to Sasha’s rescue. Fine, girl has had too many problems already, she doesn’t need Gladys taking advantage. It’s so silly though, if Gladys had come clean, I’m sure Sasha would be ok with paying her debts with strings attached like counseling, etc.

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Nina's not a match?  Oh boy, I hate that development.  

actually
I'm glad that she's not. (I mean i'm sad for Nina, but i'm glad that she' not a match) now. if Willow decides to get off her high horse and have a relationship no one can accuse her of doing it because "She Owes Nina Something." which is what they would all trumpet. it would be of Willows own accord. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

For a few minutes there, when Nina wasn't a match, Trina was into Spencer and Nik was seducing Ava with words, I thought that it was a fantasy sequence.

But *sigh* it's not. Drew forgave Carly right away because  his brains have been leaking away since he got involved with  her, everyone is crying about Willow (shocker, I'm glad that Nina has Sonny at least), Gladys is going down the very predictable gambling path, and Cody is going to redeem himself. Except for a few Sprina moments, there is nothing her that I couldn't have fast forwarded as I did the Drew/Carly scenes.

1 minute ago, Daisy said:

actually
I'm glad that she's not. (I mean i'm sad for Nina, but i'm glad that she' not a match) now.

Except now we will be forced into weeks of endless "poor Willow" taking over the show, and we'll have to feel sorry for Michael and Wylie. And Carly crowing how she was justified in keeping the secret because Nina is failing Willow again.

34 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I think the ship has sailed on that one.  Pointing out morals and consequences (or even better modeling them) is great for younger kids, but Joss and Michael are grown. They already know what’s technically right and wrong and they are going to do whatever they want anyway.

And Carly is essentially telling them that it's okay to do what you know is wrong. That's the biggest problem with Carly herself, that she keeps doing horrible things and just about everyone immediately forgives her because she loves so much and is just protecting Michael/Joss/Wylie/Willow.  And so she never changes because there's no reason to.

I don't think it's ever too late to learn that you're making bad decisions.

40 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

What does she like about him other than the Jason comparisons and having him better than being alone? 

That's enough for her. She's nothing without a man to prop her.

• Like 11
  • Applause 4
27 minutes ago, Daisy said:

actually
I'm glad that she's not. (I mean i'm sad for Nina, but i'm glad that she' not a match) now. if Willow decides to get off her high horse and have a relationship no one can accuse her of doing it because "She Owes Nina Something." which is what they would all trumpet. it would be of Willows own accord. 

I don't like it, unless they are killing Willow off.  Which I have no problem with.  But if they're not, then someone's going to be the match.  I don't put it past them to make Carly the match. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 5
  • Applause 1
50 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Well, we saw Sasha arrive at Casa Corinthos and then the network cut to the press conference about the Tyre Nichols's police death in Memphis. 

The big takeaway today was that Nina is not a match.  

Drew forgave Carly and the two had sex.  

Gladys owes Selena 175 thousand dollars, so Gladys is giving her the garage.  

Ava and Nik are divorced but he's all, we still love each other and will come back to each other.  And she's all bitch please.

Trina and Spencer:  She points out that he can't raise a banana much less a baby but hes' determined to go for custody and will she still be his friend.  

Britt's memorial is "tomorrow" 

3 minutes ago, CeChase said:

I don't put it past them to make Carly the match. 

Yep.  I'm scared of that too.  The other possibility is Josslyn.  Nelle was a match to her for the kidney, is it possible for the reverse to be true, for Joss to match Nelle's sister Willow.  

Though at this point, Im hoping it's Liesl and she barters her marrow for Nina's visitation rights.  

• Like 13
  • Applause 2

Oh gross! Subjected to a "love" scene between a banshee and a spineless wonder. 

Nina is not a match. Unless they're planning on killing Willow off, which I'm pretty sure they won't since they still need to keep building that shrine to everything Willow, who's going to be a match? And Willow is literally the architect of her own demise. She did this to herself. If she had started her treatment when she was supposed to, like her doctors told her she should, then there would have been more time to find a donor.

Still hate Cody. His lament about his almost girlfriend dying is too much. Go self-pity elsewhere.

Of course Gladys just gave away Brando's garage. 

Of course everyone is crying over poor had her whole life ahead of her Willow.

Of course Trina is totes understanding. It's Trina, she is always so understanding.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 3
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

If she had started her treatment when she was supposed to, like her doctors told her she should, then there would have been more time to find a donor

If she has started treatment early, she might not have needed a donor period. She progressed to stage 4 while putting it off but when she first got diagnosed, I think she was stage 1. maybe stage 2 but it definitely wasn’t advanced 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

I'm glad Nina's not a match, but I dread that it will send her to Crazy Town, and I don't want to watch that. It's SO insulting that only the wimmins lose their minds. And while Nina wasn't going to use being a match as blackmail, she has lost any advantage she might have had to have a relationship with Willow.

At least Willow didn't slag Nina for not being a match. She's been so horrible I can see her saying, "You aren't good for anything, are you?" (Carly will say that to her soon enough, I'm sure.)

59 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And Carly is essentially telling them that it's okay to do what you know is wrong. That's the biggest problem with Carly herself, that she keeps doing horrible things and just about everyone immediately forgives her because she loves so much and is just protecting Michael/Joss/Wylie/Willow.  And so she never changes because there's no reason to.

That's what I meant about Carly not being a little harder on Joss and her choices. But like you wrote, @statsgirl, there are never giant consequences for Carly's action, so why should she think there will be for her idiot offspring?

38 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

The other possibility is Josslyn.  Nelle was a match to her for the kidney, is it possible for the reverse to be true, for Joss to match Nelle's sister Willow.  

IRL, even if Joss were a match, being an organ recipient would make her ineligible as a bone marrow donor. But this show doesn't care about real life.

21 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

f she has started treatment early, she might not have needed a donor period. She progressed to stage 4 while putting it off but when she first got diagnosed, I think she was stage 1. maybe stage 2 but it definitely wasn’t advanced 

I wonder if anyone will have the guts to tell her this. No, wait, Willow will say it and everyone will fall all over themselves to say they understand, she was concerned about the baby, blahblah excuses cakes. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3

So now that Nina isn't a match, who will it be? Wylie since he's on tomorrow? Dante since we know he was tested? Carly, because the world revolves around her?

It would drive Carly, Michael and Joss crazy if Ava were the one to be a match and I could see her getting tested for Nina and because Willow is now Kikis half sister. 

Personally I'm still Team Die, Willow, Die.

• Like 9
  • Applause 5

I knew the day wouldn't end without Carly screwing someone, simply because there was no other reason for her to be wearing the kind of  lingerie top that hasn't been in fashion for years now. 

I'm disappointed about the bone "murrow" for Nina's sake, but maybe Liesel can save the day and make some withering comments about lending Willow a spine, too, while she's at it.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2

It is a bit of a surprise that Nina isn’t a match, but it did force the reveal that she’s Willow’s mother, so at least there was some soapy fallout. Plus, as others have said, Nina and Willow can maybe eventually forge some sort of bond without either feeling some forced obligation to do so because Nina saved Willow’s life. I hope this doesn’t send Nina into some mental crisis. It will be interesting to see who does provide the bone marrow. Anyone else though wonder if Carly found a way to tamper with the results?

• Like 3
58 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And while Nina wasn't going to use being a match as blackmail, she has lost any advantage she might have had to have a relationship with Willow.

Yeah, it would be nice if the show took the opportunity, once Willow is better*, to have her try and forge a relationship with Nina without that ~obligation.  But knowing this show, it just gives the Carlys more reason to dismiss her outright.

*because of course she'll get better.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

If she has started treatment early, she might not have needed a donor period. She progressed to stage 4 while putting it off but when she first got diagnosed, I think she was stage 1. maybe stage 2 but it definitely wasn’t advanced 

which is why i feel zero sympathy for her right now. 

• Like 5
  • Love 5

I remain surprised that Selena continues to lasso Gladys in with her gambling problem given she’s Sonny’s cousin, as Selena has been careful in the past not to step on his toes as the boss of Port Charles 

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

For a few minutes there, when Nina wasn't a match, Trina was into Spencer and Nik was seducing Ava with words, I thought that it was a fantasy sequence.

But *sigh* it's not. Drew forgave Carly right away because  his brains have been leaking away since he got involved with  her, everyone is crying about Willow (shocker, I'm glad that Nina has Sonny at least), Gladys is going down the very predictable gambling path, and Cody is going to redeem himself. Except for a few Sprina moments, there is nothing her that I couldn't have fast forwarded as I did the Drew/Carly scenes.

Except now we will be forced into weeks of endless "poor Willow" taking over the show, and we'll have to feel sorry for Michael and Wylie. And Carly crowing how she was justified in keeping the secret because Nina is failing Willow again.

That's enough for her. She's nothing without a man to prop her.

AMC's Erika Kane occasionally suffered consequences for her behavior, and had Jackson and Opal to call her out even more often. That made the character layered, something the GH writers to Snarly SheBeast fail to understand.  My dream would be for Erika, and maybe Victoria Lord Reilly to be put on the GH Board of Directors and, in some twisted story line, call out Carly in spectacular fashion.

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She’s built up this “best friends” ever since Laura took over the role. And treated Jason (and to a lesser extent Jax) as her personal property.

But don't you know that all men who are honored with the privilege of joining the Carly Harem forfeit their rights to free will? All become subject to the decisions and needs of the Almighty Shebeast.

Thank goodness Cam was freed from CarlyJr's Harem. #YouDodgedABulletCam

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Except now we will be forced into weeks of endless "poor Willow" taking over the show

I never thought I would root for leukemia, but GH has proved me wrong!

This show is like a manure piñata. 🤢

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 10

Cody (or as I've been calling him in my head, Grody) punched a senior citizen for the crime of not knowing of his existence. I know Scott Baldwin has his faults but I like him so I will never forgive Cody for punching Scott like that. Nothing he has done since has even swayed me. Short of donating an organ to save the life of one of the Webber boys, I don't think there's any way of redeeming the character for me.

The most interesting thing about him is his the horse he shares a house with. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

We got partially pre-empted. Did I miss the scene where Nina actually found out she wasn't the donor, or did they go right to her telling Willow? In any case, Nina is  screaming in the parking garage and you just know Sonny is thinking.. craaaap. 

Didn't Dex tell Michael in one of their very first scenes why he was doing this Sonny thing. Something like there was a violent situation with one of his military buddies and someone died and he couldn't protect them or do anything about it, and he wants to take Sonny down as sort of a penance or some shit like that? ...Does any one else remember anything like this. Knowing me, it is equally likely to be a false memory I am just pulling out of my ass. (or possibly implanted by Lizzy's mom.) 🤣 

Edited by TVbitch
  • LOL 5
8 hours ago, lala2 said:

@perkie1968 - As I recall, Drew only has Jason’s memories and his own since resurfacing as “Jason.” I don’t think Jason’s memories were never removed from him IIRC. His own memories were destroyed somehow I think. 

But that story was very convoluted and hasn’t been revisited in a while so maybe I’m wrong! 

If Drew “remembers” screwing Carly (as Jason), then shouldn’t she feel like warmed-over leftovers at this point? Been there, done that?

1 hour ago, Gigi43 said:

So now that Nina isn't a match, who will it be? Wylie since he's on tomorrow? Dante since we know he was tested? Carly, because the world revolves around her?

Dex, Willow’s brother and Nina’s stolen son? Assuming Heather held an Oprah-style “You get a baby! Everybody gets a baby!” giveaway out of Nina’s overworked vagina.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 3

If the show is going to totally ignore that Willow is almost ready to give birth and the stem cells from her baby girl might give her a shot, then the show is ready to get a surprise donor that has no relationship/involvement in this story.

My guess it will be Cody.

• Useful 2
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

That's the biggest problem with Carly herself, that she keeps doing horrible things and just about everyone immediately forgives her because she loves so much and is just protecting Michael/Joss/Wylie/Willow.  And so she never changes because there's no reason to.

Yeah, I do hate that she gets literally zero consequences for her actions. I think her kids know when they’re making bad decisions, but unfortunately they see their mom get away with/rationalize everything so they probably think they can do that too. 

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 9

BLQ telling Ned to "be nice" to Willow.  Yes, Brook Lynn, your father is such a monster that he's going to visit a dying woman and sneer at her.  My god, the way his family thinks so little of Ned makes me wish he'd embezzle all of ELQ's funds and high-tail it to a country without extradition.

"We went thru all that and Nina isn't even a match?!?"  Sorry that Willow's mother didn't turn out to be a woman who, after giving Willow up, joined a convent and devoted her life to the Lord.  Must be difficult when things don't go exactly your way. 

I'm rooting for the leukemia, but I'll give Saint Willow this: her reaction when Nina told her she wasn't a match (turning away, crying, essentially feeling sorry for herself) was the most human and real she's been in months.

I really liked the Sprina scenes.  Trina did at least pose some legitimate questions, re him going for custody of Ace.  And, boy, NAC can really turn on that flirty charm. 

Don't fall for it, Ava!  Nik is no good for you.  Maybe go see Dr. Gatlin-Holt again for more chem testing. 

Really liked how supportive Sonny (sigh, yes, I said it) and Sasha were to Nina.  At least she's got a few people in her corner.  #TeamNoNervousBreakdown

Finally, fuck you, Drew, with your "you didn't have to ever tell Nina, but you owed it to Willow."  So Mr. "It's best to tell the truth" would've been fine with keeping a secret from Nina forever.  Asshole.  Also...gross.  Thank god for the FF button.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 9
  • Fire 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1