Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Found the clip, it's actually Anna who tells Griffin via information she got from Dr. O.  Again, it's one line of dialogue that the writers could easy handwave away, but here it is:

Thank you!  I recall the conversation but either missed or forgot the line about Britt being negative.  

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

By the way, I am already so bored of Amnesia!Sonny and this little side play he's in.  Don't care.

It's made worse by the Gary Stu-ing they're doing. It's bad enough that he survived the undertow and a week (apparently) and talked the cop out of giving the hiker a ticket. But then he meets the one nurse who helped Nina 20 years ago who thinks he looks sooo good and is a 5 star chef, and then finds clothes for him and takes him home to her husband's bar where said husband, a former Marine, needs Sonny to take down a robber.

When was the last time Sonny did any actual physical work or fighting? He's got Jason for that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It's made worse by the Gary Stu-ing they're doing. It's bad enough that he survived the undertow and a week (apparently) and talked the cop out of giving the hiker a ticket. But then he meets the one nurse who helped Nina 20 years ago who thinks he looks sooo good and is a 5 star chef, and then finds clothes for him and takes him home to her husband's bar where said husband, a former Marine, needs Sonny to take down a robber.

When was the last time Sonny did any actual physical work or fighting? He's got Jason for that.

the thing is - like i've said. What's the point of this.  Like you want to have amnesia. cool. I mean it's boring as heck because of course he has amnesia after surviving from a bridge fall yada yada yah, but who cares? Like he's not super nicer. He's not repelled by violence. He's not even questioning where he is/where could he come from. (I mean if i woke up and had no earthly idea who I was, i'm pretty darned sure my first reaction wouldn't be to go to a bar and try to find a job). 

it's like they are trying to show us "see, he really is a great guy," jedi hand wave He is not the mob guy you think he is. but he is. He's gonna be found it's gonna be some whingey crap about "Sonny remember who you are!" and then he'll be back to running the junior high school mob. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Daisy said:

the thing is - like i've said. What's the point of this.  Like you want to have amnesia. cool. I mean it's boring as heck because of course he has amnesia after surviving from a bridge fall yada yada yah, but who cares? Like he's not super nicer. He's not repelled by violence. He's not even questioning where he is/where could he come from. (I mean if i woke up and had no earthly idea who I was, i'm pretty darned sure my first reaction wouldn't be to go to a bar and try to find a job). 

it's like they are trying to show us "see, he really is a great guy," jedi hand wave He is not the mob guy you think he is. but he is. He's gonna be found it's gonna be some whingey crap about "Sonny remember who you are!" and then he'll be back to running the junior high school mob. 

And the very first thing he will do even before any junior high school mob working is to go forcibly yank Avery out of Wyndemere and berate Ava for daring to take her daughter away from Carly.

• Love 5

Everyone converging at the Quartermaines' today to hash out all their secrets was good, soapy fun. I liked that both Olivia and Alexis were able to reason their way to the truth, drawing conclusions based on observations and behaviors that felt off; showing us their thought process was an active, intelligent way of bringing everything out into the open. More smart character moments like this, please. It was also nice that Tracy, unrepentant though she mostly is, had a tiny wobble of conscience when she saw that Finn was there to learn of what she had done. There was quality acting AND writing across the board for these scenes.

Peter, that coat...no. And Peter in general, no. C'mon, Jason and Britt, now that you're on the same page with all the facts in front of you, can't you serve this dude his much-anticipated comeuppance already? 

Maxie and Dante having a heart-to-heart, him pledging to always be there for her and her kids...it's like Missed Opportunity central. Why have you never done anything there, show?? It could be SO good, especially if Maxie rejects Peter when his ish finally comes to light, I'm just SAYIN'.

• Love 14

Peter and Britt being wise to each other's machinations was funny. And Kelly T's hair looked great.

Overdue Dante/Maxie scenes and looked KSt looked pretty, although I wish someone would tell her to cut it with the fauxlashes. They're so chunky and you can't see her eyes.

So Anna knows something is off with Dante and she's just gonna let him wander around? Shouldn't she at least tell Laura or Ned? (Olivia would could somehow spill.)

Sam was pretty shoehorn into those scenes. Otherwise they were amusing although LLC was doing her usual LOOK LOOK OVER HERE I AM ACTING! 

30 minutes ago, Linny said:

Maxie and Dante having a heart-to-heart, him pledging to always be there for her and her kids...it's like Missed Opportunity central. Why have you never done anything there, show?? It could be SO good, especially if Maxie rejects Peter when his ish finally comes to light, I'm just SAYIN'.

I don't know, I think their chemistry comes partly from their teasing platonic exasperation with each other, but right now it would be soapy and make much more sense than a random ass friendship/romance with Sam.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

Wow, what happened to medical confidentiality? Anna thinks that she can get Dante's treatment records, the WSB gives Kevin Kirk's patient information, and Britt gives Peter access to all of the hospital's records.

So they're ending the 'Ned slept with Alexis' secret. But Peter is still at large and the Nina necklace secret never ends.

I kept waiting for Jason to mention to Britt that Ava was the one who helped him escape from the hospital. Zero surprise that he didn't.

Speaking of coats, I loved Liz's.

29 minutes ago, ulkis said:

don't know, I think their chemistry comes partly from their teasing platonic exasperation with each other, but right now it would be soapy and make much more sense than a random ass friendship/romance with Sam.

If would be very soapy for when Lulu wakes up. Bonus points if Dante is the one who uncovers Peter.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

And the very first thing he will do even before any junior high school mob working is to go forcibly yank Avery out of Wyndemere and berate Ava for daring to take her daughter away from Carly.

Yeah. And the fact that Carly isn't going to declare Sonny dead means that when he comes back the agreement is going to be what it is now vs. Ava calling the custodial shots (which to be fair. Ava is flat out showing that she would be fair and generous). 

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I kept waiting for Jason to mention to Britt that Ava was the one who helped him escape from the hospital. Zero surprise that he didn't.

Same. I was still disappointed he said nothing. I don't know if Britt even knows Ava, but Jason could have said he'd had help, and most of the audience would know who that is even without mentioning her name.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't know if Britt even knows Ava

She does, she's not really a fan because of the Nikolas of it all.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

And Kelly T's hair looked great.

I thought the same yesterday, way to rebound from the bangs, girl.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Ava didn't help him escape and Griffin didn't help give him money. Bitch, please! You'd still be shackled to your wheelchair, drugged out of your ever loving mind, staring out the window, probably going to the bathroom in your diaper.

Otherwise, today's show was actually pretty good. The stuff at the Qs was good, Alexis/Finn was good. Tracy's reaction at Finn being there was really good. Sam didn't bother me and her apology to Alexis was on point. 

The Britt/Jason scenes were good. Although, why does he keep calling him Drew Cain. I get that they weren't close and didn't even like each other, but douchenozzle, but you can call him Drew and perhaps remind Britt that he was your twin brother. Jason seems to have completely moved on from Sonny's death. 

The Dante/Maxie scenes got leaps and bounds better the second Peter exited the scene. Peter doesn't fit anywhere on canvas. Like at all. And I'm not saying this because my tiny heart is filled with loathing for him. He doesn't fit as Maxie's boyfriend, Anna's son, Alex's son, would-be villain. He's just there leaving a carbon footprint, so I hate him for that too. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

[LWB/FS] doesn't fit anywhere on canvas. Like at all. And I'm not saying this because my tiny heart is filled with loathing for him. He doesn't fit as Maxie's boyfriend, Anna's son, Alex's son, would-be villain. He's just there leaving a carbon footprint, so I hate him for that too. 

And I'm thrilled Britt never fully drank the Kool-Aid and is now fully onboard re: him sucking.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:
35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't know if Britt even knows Ava

She does, she's not really a fan because of the Nikolas of it all.

Oh, right, I forgot Britt would know Ava because of Nik.

8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

way to rebound from the bangs, girl.

LOL. It's getting there.

6 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Sam didn't bother me and her apology to Alexis was on point. 

Meh. How long before she sneers at Alexis again for being a drunk and forbidding her to see the grandkids? If Sam really wants to help, I'd like to hear that she's gone to a few Al-Anon meetings, or at least talked to Kevin. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

peaking of coats, I loved Liz's.

I loved Anna's blouse.

I enjoyed the Quartermaine house scenes, good quality soap! And *shocking* a story that is moving on.  Is this because "Tracey" is not sticking around?

The idea was floated before of Dante and Maxie getting close and hooking up when Maxie was the "surrogate", wasn't it?   I don't mind them as friends but can't see them together. I don't know who I would put with Dante at this point.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Linny said:

They do have a very nice chemistry, but one of the things I've always enjoyed about Maxie was the fact that she merely tolerated Dante because he was married to Lulu-- she never had any use for him. I mean, I get that it would be soapy if she finds out about Peter and dumps him, and she and Dante grow close in time for a recast Lulu to come back. But given that Maxie and Lulu started out sparring over romantic attachments (Logan, Johnny) the fact that there had never been any sign of a Maxie/Dante relationship was kind of nice.

• Love 3

The drawing room stageplay was entertaining. Finn must have driven REALLY fast over there since they left the house when Liv started her sentence and basically arrived before she finished it. : )

I think Maxie and Dante do have some chemistry (more than Dante and ER's Lulu ever had). They simply must get together before Lulu wakes up, that is just the best soapy option! Plus, she kind of loosens him up a bit. Whereas Sam would suck the almighty life out of him. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Ava didn't help him escape and Griffin didn't help give him money. Bitch, please! You'd still be shackled to your wheelchair, drugged out of your ever loving mind, staring out the window, probably going to the bathroom in your diaper.

The dismissive way Sonny/Carly/Jason "she just gave him a paper clip"'d Ava's  help in Jason escaping was so obnoxious.  In other words, par for the course.

BTW, at approximately 2:55 PST I had to quickly look out my window to see if it was raining down frogs, given Sam actually said "I'm sorry, Mom" to Alexis.  Though, eyeroll and LOL at her "getting the ball rolling" on getting the DUI charges dismissed.  OK, Commissioner. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

It was kinda fun that the soapy denouncement at the Quartermaines today had some audience members.  Too bad Monica couldn't wander in too since she was part of this secret.

I was also kinda shocked when Olivia said she and Ned have been married four years.  That's a long time for soaps!  Do we think this is gonna be the end of them? 

Finally, I did kinda roll my eyes at Olivia barking the usual rabble about the toxic Q's.  Hey 'Liv, remember when you got cheated on last by Sonny, he fucked a woman he hated in a crypt after the funeral of the man he murdered.  So, you know, what Ned did isn't really that bad.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 1/19/2021 at 3:36 PM, statsgirl said:

Why are Sam and theoretically Lucas at the adoption celebration Leo is ending his Jerome association which is his connection with them, but not Scout or Danny as Leo becomes a Quartermaine?

Show wants us to think Sam and Lucas are actually invested in their mutual sibling, even though I can't recall either of them mentioning or seeing Leo since he was an infant. Also, the point was to have Sam in the room when the drama regarding her mother and Ned's ONS/her mother not being guilty of DWI was exposed. 

On 1/19/2021 at 4:00 PM, dubbel zout said:

Alexis in jail doesn't mean she won't say anything about sleeping with Ned. People can still visit her. She can still talk. But I'm glad Olivia got there on her own.

Tracy thought Alexis would be forced into rehab, and thus out of the picture so she wouldn't have "loose lips" around Olivia. 

On 1/19/2021 at 6:04 PM, ulkis said:

Can't they at least put her hair in a ponytail? Straighten it? She's been wearing her hair loose with loose curls for like two years now. It's weird how they straighten LW and BH's hair every episode but then go curl the hair of the person who doesn't have curly hair.

Maybe a weak attempt to give Sam some personality? That's not a concern for Carly or Elizabeth. 

On 1/19/2021 at 6:32 PM, perkie1968 said:

Olivia said she didn't want to cut all ties to Julian, that she wanted Leo to have good memories of his birth father, even though Ned would now be his legal father.  Ergo, keeping his half sister and half brother in his life.  

That was the scene where Tracy was way out of line IMO; she reminded me so strongly of Carly or Sonny talking about AJ re: Michael.  Tracy has only been around briefly here and there for years now, so she is hardly a witness to Leo's relationships with his father and stepfather. The "Julian was just a sperm donor; you're his father who loves him," comment from Tracy was utter b.s.  That's not how Olivia thought of Julian.  From comments various characters have made, it is established that Julian visited Leo at the Q mansion regularly. Olivia told him he was welcome to see Leo at any time, when Lucas was in a coma. Sam and Jason had a conversation referencing that Danny had developed a relationship with Grandpa Julian, from seeing him when he spent time with Leo at the Q mansion. 

On 1/19/2021 at 6:38 PM, ulkis said:

Tracy: your betrayal cost my family dearly.

Sam: if you want to talk ELQ, I'm game for it whenever?

This is the only moment where I liked Tracy this week.

On 1/19/2021 at 10:18 PM, Daisy said:

thanks for people telling me what's up with the journal
(Please may they never find it. #SaveCam)

It doesn't matter if they find the journal;  the point was just to mention the journal so that at some point, Cam and Joss can discover they were both deceived and get on the same page about their feelings. They wouldn't find the forged entry anyway because Dev threw it out at the hospital after he convinced Cam not to follow up with Joss about the kiss.

On 1/19/2021 at 11:10 PM, nilyank said:

. And even if he did die, I don't care and I will be thrilled that Liz and her boys can move on from the Franco Project.

I agree!!  Liz and her boys have not been able to have a storyline where Franco wasn't central in years. I am so tired of Liz acting like there isn't a family without Franco.  She and the boys are a family together, period!  Here's a thought Liz, if you hate how people still bring up Franco's past and hate that Franco is still going behind your back and making decisions, perhaps Franco isn't really the man you want? And you've just been in denial for way too long?

5 hours ago, Linny said:

It was also nice that Tracy, unrepentant though she mostly is, had a tiny wobble of conscience when she saw that Finn was there to learn of what she had done. 

I didn't see that as conscience.  Tracy values Finn's friendship and wants him to think the best of her, so she was embarrassed at her lies being exposed in front of him when Alexis is also his friend.  She's not repentant, she's just upset her lies caught up to her and it happened in front of him. She only confessed when her back was up against the wall.

5 hours ago, ulkis said:

Sam was pretty shoehorn into those scenes. Otherwise they were amusing although LLC was doing her usual LOOK LOOK OVER HERE I AM ACTING! 

I thought LLC's acting worked for this scene, demonstrating Olivia being angry and utterly fed up/exasperated that her family - her mother-in-law and husband - have been lying to her about her marriage. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Blackie said:

I loved Anna's blouse.

I enjoyed the Quartermaine house scenes, good quality soap! And *shocking* a story that is moving on.  Is this because "Tracey" is not sticking around?

The idea was floated before of Dante and Maxie getting close and hooking up when Maxie was the "surrogate", wasn't it?   I don't mind them as friends but can't see them together. I don't know who I would put with Dante at this point.

I could go for Liz/Dante if there was hope of ever getting her away from Friz, then recast Lulu.

3 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

They do have a very nice chemistry, but one of the things I've always enjoyed about Maxie was the fact that she merely tolerated Dante because he was married to Lulu-- she never had any use for him. 

I don't think that was the case - I think they like each other, but in a snarky teasing way. I do think long term relationship they would drive each other crazy and they know it.

34 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I was also kinda shocked when Olivia said she and Ned have been married four years.  That's a long time for soaps!  Do we think this is gonna be the end of them? 

It hasn't been quite that long yet, 3 snd a half. And no. Unless they do Robert and Olivia for a bit. But I don't think the show is that invested to start completely over with either character.

Trying to catch up and watching Monday's show, and GMAFB, PLEASE! Like any robber worth his or her salt, wouldn't have turned around and just shot Mooby the moment he opened his mouth. If he was new at it, the fear and nervousness would have him shooting right away; someone who had been at it long enough would have done the same, instead of standing there like a boob to let Mooby use him as a punching bag.

Onto Tuesday's...

• Love 3

He's just there leaving a carbon footprint, so I hate him for that too. 

They should have made parking-lot-pete a doctor. 

Otherwise they were amusing although LLC was doing her usual LOOK LOOK OVER HERE I AM ACTING! 

It's so sad that they wasted JE's brief stint on LLC but this storyline has flown by better than the Fluke and/or Relish storylines.

jedi hand wave He is not the mob guy you think he is. but he is.

It is so stark how bad MB's acting chops are with none of the regular cast to bail him out during his scenes.

So the next question is how is Carly is going to be plopped onto the Peter story line so that she can save the day.   Show - it really would be a wonderful time for Sonny and Carly to take a much-needed vacation. 

Edited by sunnyface
sonny
  • Love 3

WHY would Britt agree to let Heinrik snoop into a patient's medical records? Because...blood? No, not shady at all.

And it's soooo stoopid! What he was looking for would be on the hospital's intRAnet, not the intERnet, the latter which he could do his own damn self without "needing" to "get in" and Intranet's don't have a browser or history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! giphy.gif

Like others have stated up thread, so many, many HIPPA violations going around!

But Olivia figuring out that Ned cheated and the fallout was so very soapy. Something I haven't seen in EONS!

Unlike the stilted, stale, boring ass Willow and SLS conversation about...feelings. And so stupid that they don't realize that's supposed to be a divorce now since they boinked, and not an annulment.

I did laugh at Alexis' "Defective Chase" because, yeah, he was totally defective just taking Tracy's word and not fully investigating what happened. But she seemed very sober when she and Finn got to the Quartermaines.

Oh Tracy. Shades of early 80s Tracy with the lying and telling Olivia that Alexis thought Olivia was a gold-digging slut. That was beneath Tracy.

I can't wait for the blinders to be RIPPED from Maxie's eyes. 

• Love 2

I know Franco & Friz aren't well-liked here, but I must say: GO LIZ!!!!! I loved everything she said to Jason! Franco is a better dad to Jake than Jason has ever been. She's right. An occasional visit and sleepover can't compare to the consistency Franco provides. I guess I never thought I'd see the day where GH let Jason be called out to be a crappy dad, so that was a pleasant surprise. Again, I know I'll be in the minority, but I love how she stood up for Franco and told Jason he better not lay a hand on her husband! That was the best! I want to watch that again! 

I'm in the minority when it comes to Tracy's scheme too. Was it right? No. Did I care that she did it? No, I can't say that I cared at all. At the end of the day, Alexis was passed out drunk. That was the only way Tracy was able to do what she did. Alexis needs to get it together. Maybe this was her rock bottom, but I've found her to be a miserable drunk who wants everyone else to be miserable too. And she can say she wasn't going to tell, but she clearly was going to spill that secret! She has loose lips when she drinks! 

I thought Olivia had good things to say to Alexis and Ned. I loved how she broke down how they could have stopped things before it went too far, but they didn't. That said, I didn't really feel anything for Olivia. We barely see (or maybe I FF) her and Ned together, so I'm not all that invested in their relationship. That said, she was all over Lulu to forgive Dante for happily screwing her cousin on two occasions w/no regret, so I think she should give Ned a chance! He was much more remorseful than her son! 

I'm guessing the nurse will figure out that "Mike" is bipolar.  I do wonder how the nurse (forgot her name) ever got together w/her husband (Lenny, right). They just seem like polar opposites. 

This necklace . . . . . .  if they do not wrap up this freaking storyline soon, I'm gonna rip out my hair! I'm so sick of hearing about the necklace and Nina's child! It's been at least two years, right? Talk about dragging out a storyline. This is beyond ridiculous at this point. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 10
17 hours ago, ulkis said:

I could go for Liz/Dante if there was hope of ever getting her away from Friz, then recast Lu

If they could get JMB back as Lu, that would add another dimension. I wonder if there's any chance of that happening? Do we know why ER left?

Edited by VioletMarx
12 minutes ago, lala2 said:

She has loose lips when she drinks! 

Honestly, what character, when drunk or drinking, doesn't have loose lips? It's a trope!

6 minutes ago, VioletMarx said:

If they could get JMB back as Lu, that would add another dimension. I wonder if there's any chance of that happening? Do we now why ER left?

I believe Emme was fired.

I get that the writers want us to believe that Sonny is such a hard worker, but man! He walks into this bar and he is being told that the table didn't shine like this since they were purchased, he's behind the bar cleaning the bottles of alcohol because apparently Lenny and his staff don't really bother doing that. Oh, restaurant owners, how about a signature cocktail and these brands of liquor to bring people in? I don't think I've ever seen a patron at his restaurant.

Seriously, fuck off, Sonny!

The Olivia/Alexis scenes were meh. Carly wanting to steal Avery's necklace back is the most Carly thing she can think of doing. The Corinthos clan is the worst collection of entitled jerks. Joss is a carbon copy of Carly. Joss is just impossible to like.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

I know Franco & Friz aren't well-liked here, but I must say: GO LIZ!!!!! I loved everything she said to Jason! Franco is a better dad to Jake than Jason has ever been. She's right. An occasional visit and sleepover can't compare to the consistency Franco provides. I guess I never thought I'd see the day where GH let Jason be called out to be a crappy dad, so that was a pleasant surprise. Again, I know I'll be in the minority, but I love how she stood up for Franco and told Jason he better not lay a hand on her husband! That was the best! I want to watch that again! 

I'm in the minority when it comes to Tracy's scheme too. Was it right? No. Did I care that she did it? No, I can't say that I cared at all. At the end of the day, Alexis was passed out drunk. That was the only way Tracy was able to do what she did. Alexis needs to get it together. Maybe this was her rock bottom, but I've found her to be a miserable drunk who wants everyone else to be miserable too. And she can say she wasn't going to tell, but she clearly was going to spill that secret! She has loose lips when she drinks! 

I thought Olivia had good things to say to Alexis and Ned. I loved how she broke down how they could have stopped things before it went too far, but they didn't. That said, I didn't really feel anything for Olivia. We barely see (or maybe I FF) her and Ned together, so I'm not all that invested in their relationship. That said, she was all over Lulu to forgive Dante for happily screwing her cousin on two occasions w/no regret, so I think she should give Ned a chance! He was much more remorseful than her son! 

I'm guessing the nurse will figure out that "Mike" is bipolar.  I do wonder how the nurse (forgot her name) ever got together w/her husband (Lenny, right). They just seem like polar opposites. 

This necklace . . . . . .  if they do not wrap up this freaking storyline soon, I'm gonna rip out my hair! I'm so sick of hearing about the necklace and Nina's child! It's been at least two years, right? Talk about dragging out a storyline. This is beyond ridiculous at this point. 

I couldn’t have written this better!  Jason is a crap father.  Tracy was wrong, but I can’t feel badly for Alexis and I’m over it.  I get that in real life falling off the wagon is common and heartbreaking, but seeing it on a soap is just boring.

Another unpopular opinion but Sonny actually hit me in the feels today with the bipolar and being off his meds.  When he told Lenny not to move the chairs because he would finish in the morning, he just had that wild animal desperation in his eyes and he looked like absolute shit.  I’d much rather watch this than mobster Sonny tough guy that I’ve been watching for the past twenty years.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

WHY would Britt agree to let Heinrik snoop into a patient's medical records? Because...blood? No, not shady at all.

She let him do it so she could look up what he looked up.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I get that the writers want us to believe that Sonny is such a hard worker, but man! He walks into this bar and he is being told that the table didn't shine like this since they were purchased, he's behind the bar cleaning the bottles of alcohol because apparently Lenny and his staff don't really bother doing that. Oh, restaurant owners, how about a signature cocktail and these brands of liquor to bring people in? I don't think I've ever seen a patron at his restaurant.

I think they just want to show Sonny being manic. The nurse will discover he's bipolar and get him medicated. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Another unpopular opinion but Sonny actually hit me in the feels today with the bipolar and being off his meds.

I don't think it will be an unpopular opinion. I completely forgot that he was bipolar, so his behavior annoyed the hell out of me. But now that you mentioned it, then yes, Sonny is bipolar and has been off his meds for several days, or however long since he has gone missing. 

But Phyllis is a nurse, so hopefully she clocks in on his behavior being something more than him being pushy or whatever.

• Love 3

I've always believed that parents should try to do right by their children. What Tracy did was wrong but she was trying to help Ned. Carly, on the other hand, is straight up poisoning Josslyn as well as lying to her. CPS should be called.

LOL at Tracy trying to absolve herself by first saying she did it for Oliva, then for Ned, then for Alexis. Keep trying there, Trace.

Olivia's anguish is rather over-the-top. It would make more sense if they tied it in to Sonny's treatment of her but they're too busy whitewashing him to do that.

Franco, Jason will never be a good father, in out of jail or in. Go, Liz.

I had hoped that Curtis would hold up a mirror to Nina so she could see her relationship with Jax but he was too busy bad-mouthing Ava and Valentin. Who are both right, by the way.  Nina/Jax used to be just boring; now it's distasteful.

Phyllis, BPAD is not a psychological illness, it's a psychiatric one.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, ulkis said:

And no [I don't think Olivia and Ned are done]. Unless they do Robert and Olivia for a bit. But I don't think the show is that invested to start completely over with either character.

I thought about Robert and Olivia, but I figure he's going to be with Jackie, maybe in a quad with Anna and Dr. Michael Easton.  And I kinda like them as buddies, putting them together romantically would ruin that.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

When Joss called Ava "hateful" for taking Avery from her "home," Carly just beamed with pride. Yes Carly, you have succeeded in creating a MiniMe. Congrats.

Enjoyed Liz calling Jason a crap father. I actually like Friz, too. They have good chemistry and the actors seem to enjoy the coupling. I think RH works really well with the actors who play Liz's kids. 

Please God let this necklace shit be over soon. Hopefully Carly will get caught stealing it. This is ruining Jax for me.  

• Love 13

I think LLC did a decent job with her scenes but I didn’t feel for Olivia. Mostly because of her history. I can’t forget how she treated Lulu when Dante cheated on her and when she found out Sonny cheated, she said she wished she didn’t know so she could stay in denial. I don’t see them ending Ned/Olivia over this so there’s no fallout. They’ll get thrown back together in a week or so with none of their issues addressed. They haven’t acknowledged all of the fighting before she left to see Dante and that she felt like Ned wasn’t there for her when she was having trouble dealing with what happened to her son and was more focused on ELQ. 

• Love 3

Olivia vs. Alexis was fine, but Ned vs. Tracy was where it was at for me.  I loved how Jane Elliot played it - quiet, assured.

But again, had to roll my eyes at Olivia wailing about the Quartermaine and their sick coverups.  How many crimes have you helped cover up due to your association with Sonny, 'Liv?

• Love 9
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

But again, had to roll my eyes at Olivia wailing about the Quartermaine and their sick coverups.  How many crimes have you helped cover up due to your association with Sonny, 'Liv?

Also: Olivia knew the family she was marrying into, so she can shove it.

• Love 6

Not sure if there's a specific place to post this besides here. I think I just saw Brando in a Gardasil commercial. He's running in a road race and his wife/girlfriend meets him at the finish line. She is wearing a head scarf, implying she is being treated for cancer. 

• Love 4

I loved that Jason had no idea that Elizabeth was going to go after him.

I don't care that Sonny's bipolar is rearing up. (Though I'm somewhat impressed the show remembered.) 

It's also intensely annoying that a mother taking her child home is "hateful." Shove it, Joss. Ava is her MOTHER. She has every right to take Avery anywhere she wants. "Ava hates being reminded of who she really is." So does your mother, poppet!

I'm not going to feel at all sorry for Jax when Nina finally (? here's hoping it happens soon) finds out that he knew Nelle was her daughter. No one ever learns about baby secrets, and it's so stupid.

Olivia, you didn't throw Tracy under the bus. Tracy did something very wrong. She deserved to have it come out. And maybe Julian is looking a bit better right now, huh? 

• Love 9
On 1/21/2021 at 7:12 PM, sacrebleu said:

one of the things I've always enjoyed about Maxie was the fact that she merely tolerated Dante because he was married to Lulu-- she never had any use for him. 

I haven't had that impression at all. She has treated him like a brother-in-law for years, and was definitely accepting of him once he and her late husband Nathan became friends. I don't think she would ever have asked him to be the godfather to James, after Nathan's death, if she only tolerated him.

4 hours ago, lala2 said:

I thought Olivia had good things to say to Alexis and Ned. I loved how she broke down how they could have stopped things before it went too far, but they didn't. 

I'm so sick of hearing about the necklace and Nina's child! It's been at least two years, right? Talk about dragging out a storyline. This is beyond ridiculous at this point. 

I really didn't care for the conversation between Elizabeth and Jason, and I say that as someone who is mostly a fan of the character but I have no use for Jason.  The problem isn't Jason; the problem is how Franco handles things and basic dysfunction within the Friz marriage. Jason didn't go to Franco and start making threats; Franco went to see him. Elizabeth is still mad that Jason doesn't accept Franco is a "changed man" and she's mad that Jason didn't come to her to let her know her husband went behind her back. If Elizabeth really thinks Jason is at all motivated to go after Franco out of jealousy regarding Franco parenting Jake, she clearly hasn't been paying attention. Jason barely parented Danny and Danny has even said Jason isn't invested in spending time with the family when Jason lives with them (or did, up until recently), so it's absurd to think he feels he's missing out on spending time with Jake.  Elizabeth came off to me as someone who is in total denial of even a possibility that Franco could be a danger to their family. I hated Jason's condescending tone, but I can't disagree with what he said.  

I don't know who wrote the dialogue for Olivia, but I will assume the writer knows nothing about alcoholism.  Olivia was talking like the sex was sober, deliberate and considered. Someone who has been drinking, especially if they're an alcoholic, doesn't stop and think. They're avoiding emotional pain and going for instant gratification. Olivia's words would have been better directed toward Ned. 

Yes, please, STOP with the necklace. The Nina's child storyline feels like it's been going on for years and years. 

4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

he's behind the bar cleaning the bottles of alcohol because apparently Lenny and his staff don't really bother doing that. Oh, restaurant owners, how about a signature cocktail and these brands of liquor to bring people in? I don't think I've ever seen a patron at his restaurant.

Seriously, fuck off, Sonny!

Now, how  dare you doubt that Sonny is an expert on running someone else business? 
Seriously, really truly, fuck off, Sonny!

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I've always believed that parents should try to do right by their children. What Tracy did was wrong but she was trying to help Ned.

Tracy decided that she knew how to help Ned and was going to do so, since Monica "couldn't be trusted." She started out demanding to know what Monica was doing to handle the situation, as if Ned was a teenager getting into trouble or flunking in school instead of a 50- something adult male who needed to handle the problems in his own marriage. She didn't have any remorse for what she had done, and then turned it around on Ned with some rather atrocious dialogue.  She's welcome to  think whatever she wants about Ned screwing up, but it's not her mess to handle. I also don't believe for one second that she is invested in little  Leo and is eager for him to become a Quartermaine. I can't recall her ever being invested in her actual grandchild, Brook Lynn, until she was proud of BL for being nasty to Nelle. 

2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Enjoyed Liz calling Jason a crap father.  

But it doesn't have an impact because Jason doesn't care about any kid's needs except for Michael.  (AFAIC, Michael is a kid in an adult's body.)

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Olivia didn't help cover up Sonny shooting Dante?

I think she didn't contradict Dante's version of what happened because she felt it was his choice, but I don't recall that she helped cover it up.

Olivia also has a right to be angry because in addition to betraying her, Ned was not going to tell her the truth before legally adopting her son.  It seemed like Tracy wanted to ensure Ned had a legal claim to the boy, while keeping the boy's mother from realizing her husband was not as trustworthy as she believed.  How can she be sure Ned can be trusted with Leo? Say Leo gets hurt somehow while he's with Ned and it's because Ned was doing something he shouldn't be. Would he be honest with Olivia about what actually happened? 

This situation is different for that reason. In Olivia's previous relationships since coming to Port Charles, she did not have a young son.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

When Joss called Ava "hateful" for taking Avery from her "home," Carly just beamed with pride. Yes Carly, you have succeeded in creating a MiniMe. Congrats.

Their entire conversation was toxic.  From Joss proudly saying she made Ava "work for" the simple, fucking request of getting back Avery's necklace--the necklace Carly knows good and well Avery adores, so it's not just Ava "using Avery as her all-purpose excuse" to them both saying how Ava took Avery away from "her family."  AVA IS  HER MOTHER, YOU TWO ASSHOLES.

ETA: And I am going to relish Jax getting his ass handed to him by Nina when the truth comes out.  Nothing good comes out of being Carly's yes man, Jax.  Nothing.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 20