Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, Hater said:
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

You should get used to it, because those two seem to be headed to boink town. Jason got to see Britt's human, compassionate, caring side today. 

Same thing was said about Sam/Brando.  The show will never actually break up JaSam.

Jason doesn't have enough imagination to cheat on Sam. Plus, it's too much effort for him.

25 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Thank goodness Willow and Michael finally know The Sekrit. This was starting to take as long as Nina's baby. Also, when it's put like that, Sasha is rather a nutcase.

And Willow and Michael found out at basically the same time. But will one decide to shelf the other and not say anything?

• Useful 1
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Jason doesn't have enough imagination to cheat on Sam. Plus, it's too much effort for him.

It's not that he doesn't have enough imagination for it. Jason never cheats first. The girl cheats, then he gets to sleep with whomever he wants. With all the covid restrictions, it's the perfect time to have him do this. He won't have to kiss anyone.

• LOL 5
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And Willow and Michael found out at basically the same time. But will one decide to shelf the other and not say anything?

You're desperately trying to make this interesting aren't you?  😄

• LOL 7

So Sonny feels a bit bad that he got Karen hooked on drugs.  But that was 25 years ago.  And St. Jasus absolved him.  Imagine if it were someone else, would Jason be so forgiving? 

Why bother having Brooke leave town and come back as the previous actress?  They obviously don't care about temp re-casts like Sam, Lucas, so why the delay so we'll "forget" Brooklynn?  (Other than returning with yet another useless kid to drag out for holidays and birthdays.)

Edited by ciarra
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

So Sonny feels a bit bad that he got Karen hooked on drugs.  But that was 25 years ago.  And St. Jasus absolved him.  Imagine if it were someone else, would Jason be so forgiving? 

Funny, I don't recall Jason being related to Karen or even having any memories of that time Sonny took advantage of a teenage girl that was molested. I do recall Jason completely taking over Sonny's "business" when Sonny started dating Emily, because he hated the idea of them together. 

I was never so happy when Karen took back her absolution of what he put her through and tried to slap him. I don't give a shit that she was high at the time. He should be slapped everyday.   It seems that the only time anyone is clear headed about that asshole is when they get cat rabies, they are high, or emotional from trauma he put them through. It is like it takes away the Sonny Bullshit Shield. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I do recall Jason completely taking over Sonny's "business" when Sonny started dating Emily,

That was the second time he took over, I think. The first time was when Maurice left the show for a year, and he took over. Jason was raising baby Michael with Robin, as the SheBeast was in jail for shooting Tony.

Then he threatened Marino? or something, when he quit, at gunpoint, or something. But Marino welshed after he shit his pants and he was safe again. I don't know. All that's a blur to me. All I know is Jason quit the bidnez for Robin, and SHE'S the only one he ever did that for, and no one else. Then when Mooby showed up, Jason returned it to him.

This is giving the writers way too much credit, but I thought they dropped in, if not on purpose, a nice parallel there with Britt admitting that she judged "the book by its cover" with the PCU freshman who overdosed at the same time Jason is realizing he may have done the same with her.

But ugh, then the usual blah blah blah about Sonny and how it's okay that he's a mobster who commits plenty of crimes because he's anti-drugs and how he has a lifetime pass because of how he was nice to Stone ten million years ago blah blah blah.  And this is why I don't want Britt to get involved with Jason, because she'll have to become a mob apologist like everyone else.  I did appreciate her mentioning that she already knew the Stone story via Patrick and Robin, that took some of the wind out of Jason's sails as he performed "Sonny's A Saint" in D Major on the world's tiniest violin.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
42 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But ugh, then the usual blah blah blah about Sonny and how it's okay that he's a mobster who commits plenty of crimes because he's anti-drugs and how he has a lifetime pass because of how he was nice to Stone ten million years ago blah blah blah. 

Jason's snide/condescending "did you see whose name is on the plaque of the AIDS wing?" made me see fire.  Yes, Sonny threw money at something so bygones.  I was actually surprised the other day that Sonny had a moment of clarity with what he did to Karen, but no worries, Jason told him he's not to blame, so now it's like it never happened. 

Carly following Michael into Sasha's room.  Does she still wipe his ass, too?  And though Joss and Trina have every right to be pissed at Dev, the tone Eden uses is really obnoxious.  It's like, we get it: your the annointed one. 

• Love 6

Why am I annoyed that this show also gets when the SATs are taken? When they get every other damn thing wrong? The time to take the SATs so the colleges can review your scores is in your fucking JUNIOR year, not your senior year, when you're basically waiting to hear from the colleges you applied to for admission.

GAH!!!!

• Love 4

Wow, Cyrus went from lame eavesdropping lurker to drug pushing killer in two seconds ~just in time for sweeps! 

Bummed that they are making Julian an even bigger loser for what I presume will be his exit. I would have rather seen him leave town with Kim than suffer through his last few storylines. 

• Love 4
On 11/16/2020 at 7:09 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Let’s see if Chase will come clean.

10 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I'm thinking he's going to feel guilty but will keep quiet.  

And Chase came clean!

Not that I think this will change things, unless SLS decides he's still in love with Sasha and will now divorce Willow? Because we know, it's all about what he wants.

Like others have stated, SHUT UP, Mooby.

Based on the previews, it looks like Willow won't thank Chase for his "sacrifice."

6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Based on the previews, it looks like Willow won't thank Chase for his "sacrifice."

And she shouldn't. Chase and Sasha forced her hand into doing something she did not want to do.

Michael could have married a goat in a satanic ceremony, the judge would still have given him custody of his snot nosed baby. Because he's Michael Corinthos, the bested daddy ever.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

And she shouldn't. Chase and Sasha forced her hand into doing something she did not want to do.

She was certainly reluctant, but since it was in the best interests of [UGH], she did it. The "affair" made the decision easier, which was what Chase and Sasha intended. It was still one of the stupidest things ever, no matter how you look at it, IMO.

• Love 4

Wow, New Lucas is forking gorgeous. Not that it matters because the show doesn't care about him, but damn. He looks like the kindly small town hunk that our heroine falls in love with when she's ordered by an evil corporation to close down a beloved cookie shop in Christmas Tree, New Hampshire. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ouinason said:

I.... took my SATs as a senior, and so did most of my class (all of the people in my AP course included).

Ditto. Although it was a VERY long time ago. I took the PSAT in my junior year.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Ditto. Although it was a VERY long time ago. I took the PSAT in my junior year.

Off topic but I have to chime in...I took my PSAT in my sophomore year and SAT in my junior year.  I'm aging myself but that was in 1987 and 1988 respectively (in California if that makes a difference).

And so my post isn't completely off topic...I was really disappointed in Julian and I hate that they have (in my eyes) destroyed this character.  Sucks because I like the character and loved Julexis.

Also I loved it when Trina said something like, "it's gonna take me a minute" regarding forgiving Dev.

And I' m sure Millow is endgame which sucks cuz I hate Millow.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Seriously. When Lulu dies, Valentin and Nina will have full custody like they wanted all along, Charlotte will happily forget her stand-in babysitter a

I am really hoping that Lulu will have witnessed an illegal activity since she's so gung-ho about taking Cyrus down through journalism, and thus agrees to witness protection after good-byes to Laura, Charlotte, Nikolas, Dante. I do NOT want Laura to be devastated over the death of one of her children, yet again ... I don't care that Lucky and Nikolas didn't actually die in the past. Laura thought they did, and was heartbroken. Also, the idea of kids - even fictional kids - crying over their dead mother is not something I want to see or hear about on this show given children really are losing their parents this year due to the global pandemic.

5 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

And Dev being douchey and expecting the girls to forgive him.  Shut up Sonny Junior.  

Shut up, indeed. I liked how Trina shut him down/put him in his place when she said he crossed the line too. He's not at all sorry, clearly, and is irritated that they are mad at him. I wish Cam had an actual guy friend he could hang out with, and confide in. He deserves so much better than this "friend" Dev.

5 hours ago, ulkis said:

Of course Michael gets all pissy pants in the previews at Carly about this. Of all the things to be mad at her about, he chooses the one thing that's not her fault. Mr CEO of Two Companies getting mad at his mommy for not telling him something he should have been able to figure out in a minute makes him look like such a baby. It is Michael though so maybe he relents a moment later.

It's genuinely funny that he's angry at her for knowing "all this time" and not telling him.  Mikey, do you not recall when she lied to you and covered for Sonny when he murdered your biological father, AJ?! Seriously, this CEO is not so bright.

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I did appreciate her mentioning that she already knew the Stone story via Patrick and Robin, that took some of the wind out of Jason's sails as he performed "Sonny's A Saint" in D Major on the world's tiniest violin.

One of the rare moments I've liked her.  I loved the "spare me" tone. It's funny that he genuinely seemed let down that it didn't turn her attitude opinion of Sonny around.

I was genuinely surprised by the Epiphany/Taggert scene and that the writers remembered she had a son who died because of the Mob. But, how does she know that Trina and Portia talk about Taggert all the time? Does Trina spend that much time with her mom and the staff at the hospital?

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 2

But did they? Since when does finding out your boyfriend cheated mean you have to marry some loser so he can "get" custody of his kid? It doesn't. Willow could have still refused to marry Michael. 

Willow married Michael b/c deep down she ALWAYS wanted to marry Michael b/c she's baby obsessed freak in desperate need of therapy.  Willow's attachment to Wiley has never been healthy. She was complaining to Chase about not being able to make medical decisions for Wiley. Hey, psycho . . . he's not your kid!!

As I see it, Chase just gave Willow the freedom to do what she always wanted to do. She rushed to marry Michael and "get" Wiley. Chase is well rid of her. I just wish he knew that. 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, lala2 said:

But did they? Since when does finding out your boyfriend cheated mean you have to marry some loser so he can "get" custody of his kid? It doesn't. Willow could have still refused to marry Michael. 

Yeah.  They didn't force  her to do anything. They lied to make her decision easier.  But, it's not like there's a law that Willow is only allowed to either date Chase or marry Michael.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Funny, I don't recall Jason being related to Karen or even having any memories of that time Sonny took advantage of a teenage girl that was molested. I do recall Jason completely taking over Sonny's "business" when Sonny started dating Emily, because he hated the idea of them together. 

I don't think Jason was aware of Karen.  It wasn't a shared history thing, just Sonny musing aloud about doin' bad things "years ago" and Jason gazing at him adoringly instead of being repulsed.  Replace "Sonny" in the story with anyone else and Jason would have been angry and judgemental. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, lala2 said:

It wasn't about Michael at that point. It was about Wiley and keeping him away from Nelle. Everything everyone has done was about Wiley. And Willow thought she was the kid's mother for 2 years and had a place in his life. She wasn't about to let Nelle get him. If Nelle had won custody, she would have cut Willow out of his life.

21 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Willow married Michael b/c deep down she ALWAYS wanted to marry Michael b/c she's baby obsessed freak in desperate need of therapy.  Willow's attachment to Wiley has never been healthy. She was complaining to Chase about not being able to make medical decisions for Wiley. Hey, psycho . . . he's not your kid!!

I disagree that she married Michael because she always wanted to marry him. She married him because of Wylie. That little twerp is the root cause of this clusterfuck. But like you said, Willow needed to seek counseling for her grief over the death of her son. But that's something female characters (other than Carly of course) are not allowed to do. They are not allowed to grieve or seek help when they need it. 

We've just gone through something like two years of watching Sonny clutch his pearls over Mike's Alzheimer diagnosis and everything else that followed, but they can't spare one episode of a woman having a session with a grief counsellor. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I don't think Jason was aware of Karen.  It wasn't a shared history thing, just Sonny musing aloud about doin' bad things "years ago" and Jason gazing at him adoringly instead of being repulsed.  Replace "Sonny" in the story with anyone else and Jason would have been angry and judgemental. 

Jason (pre-brain damaged Quartermaine) and Karen were involved before she fell for Jagger. Even if he doesn't remember her, literally, he should at least have been aware that they were once involved when they were younger (and had some kind of reaction to what Sonny said). And IIRC, after the crash they did meet at a Nurses Ball when Karen had been recast. She had a line about, "I was told you wouldn't recognize me." 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

She should have therapy, yes. However, Lucas wanted Wiley to have a relationship with "his mother Willow", after all the Shiloh stuff came out but before he remembered Brad confessing the truth.  Soon after Willow found out her baby had died, she went to see Michael to tell him she was going to step away from Wiley's life.  Sasha tried to manipulate her out of that choice, and then Michael asked her to still be a VIP in Willow's life in response to her statement about grieving/healing/walking away.

41 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

It wasn't about Michael at that point. It was about Wiley and keeping him away from Nelle. Everything everyone has done was about Wiley. And Willow thought she was the kid's mother for 2 years and had a place in his life. She wasn't about to let Nelle get him. If Nelle had won custody, she would have cut Willow out of his life.

I disagree that she married Michael because she always wanted to marry him. She married him because of Wylie. That little twerp is the root cause of this clusterfuck. But like you said, Willow needed to seek counseling for her grief over the death of her son. But that's something female characters (other than Carly of course) are not allowed to do. They are not allowed to grieve or seek help when they need it. 

We've just gone through something like two years of watching Sonny clutch his pearls over Mike's Alzheimer diagnosis and everything else that followed, but they can't spare one episode of a woman having a session with a grief counsellor. 

Totally agree!!

I feel like a more accurate statement is "Willow loved Wylie as her son due to circumstances and Brad (and Nelle) lying to her. She married Michael reluctantly, out of love for Wiley.  Michael married Willow for Wylie's sake, but also because he wanted to since he always had feelings for/was attracted to Willow and now she was free."  The way he kissed her after they said their vows - in front of his family -is not the way you kiss someone you only think of as a friend. He clearly didn't give Sasha a second thought the moment Willow walked away from Chase for "cheating." He didn't care enough to confront Sasha in pain or anger.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, ciarra said:

My point that since Jason isn't related to her or has even a recollection of what Karen with through with Sonny, he has no real right to absolve Sonny of what he did. Everything is pretty much heresy. Karen even took back her apology after her drug relapse on Port Charles. I have maintained that Jason is completely brainwashed and in a huge amount of self denial because to admit that Sonny is a creep and far worse than the worst Q is to admit all of his decisions post waking up have been wrong. 

I'll post the clips of Karen running into Jason, Sonny and Robin in the history or 80s thread. Watch on an empty stomach. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Yeah.  They didn't force  her to do anything. They lied to make her decision easier.  But, it's not like there's a law that Willow is only allowed to either date Chase or marry Michael.

Exactly! She could have decided to stay single. In fact, I would have loved to see that - something unpredictable, but no, she married Michael just like Chase and Sasha suspected she would. 

34 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I couldn't agree more w/you that GH could have shown Willow getting some therapy. They had her in those grief counseling sessions but that was just the set up for Millow and the baby switch. After she learned her baby was dead, it would have been good to see her get some distance from Michael/Wiley for her own emotional health, but they just played it like her behavior was normal when that arc could have given her character some much needed depth. But that is JMO>  

That said, I never bought into the idea that Nelle was the most evil, horrible person ever, and that Wiley was in grave danger if she got custody. I'm a family lawyer, so that entire story/arc was just a huge fail for me. I honestly think Nelle wanted to share custody w/Michael, and I see no reason why they couldn't have done that. I guess only the male criminals/murderers get time w/their kids. The "unpreferred" women have to beg for scraps. It's ridiculous. 

14 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

She should have therapy, yes. However, Lucas wanted Wiley to have a relationship with "his mother Willow", after all the Shiloh stuff came out but before he remembered Brad confessing the truth.  Soon after Willow found out her baby had died, she went to see Michael to tell him she was going to step away from Wiley's life.  Sasha tried to manipulate her out of that choice, and then Michael asked her to still be a VIP in Willow's life in response to her statement about grieving/healing/walking away.

I'm one of the few who has never thought Willow's involvement in Wiley's life was healthy. It was a closed adoption. Lucas should have never insisted she be a part of Wiley's life. Willow should have always stepped away so the boundaries would remain clear.  Actually, Willow should have never given up her baby. It's clear she didn't do it willingly. She should have kept her kid (though he would have likely died) and just moved far away from Shiloh. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I honestly think Nelle wanted to share custody w/Michael, and I see no reason why they couldn't have done that. I guess only the male criminals/murderers get time w/their kids. The "unpreferred" women have to beg for scraps. It's ridiculous. 

I thought the writing, and CL's acting, made it clear that Nelle had decided if Michael wasn't going to choose to be with her and/or give her what she wanted financially, her intention was to make sure he (and Carly) never got to see the kid again as punishment.  She said as much after kidnapping the kid, during the argument in the cabin when Michael confronted her, before Carly showed up.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, lala2 said:

honestly think Nelle wanted to share custody w/Michael, and I see no reason why they couldn't have done that. I guess only the male criminals/murderers get time w/their kids. The "unpreferred" women have to beg for scraps. It's ridiculous. 

I don't think Nelle went to all the trouble of switching her baby out with a dead one, with the sole purpose to keep away from Michael and his family, just so that she could gleefully share custody with him later.  Especially when she attempted to then kidnap Wiley and spirit him out of the country.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

I don't think Nelle went to all the trouble of switching her baby out with a dead one, with the sole purpose to keep away from Michael and his family, just so that she could gleefully share custody with him later.  Especially when she attempted to then kidnap Wiley and spirit him out of the country.

I disagree. There was a time when Nelle had gotten a job and spoke about wanting to share custody w/Michael. That is the time I'm talking about. This was before the rushed marriages and AFTER the baby switch reveal. She was trying to make roots in PC so she could be around her child. That's why she got the job at Crimson. During this time, Nelle, IMO, sincerely reached out to Michael about joint custody. I truly believe that is what she wanted at that time. Michael, of course, deemed her awful and was determined to keep Nelle away from Wiley totally.  

It's the double standard that bugs me. Lulu was berated and trashed by many for not wanting to share custody w/Valentin who had - at the time - murdered her brother and tried to murder her and her mom. But b/c Valentin spoke French and had a hunchback, he was given a pass! I will never understand what has made Nelle so much worse than him. Valentin will kill if needed. Heck, he just tossed Ava off a parapet a few months ago. The idea that he can see his kid, but she can't just boggles my mind. It makes no sense. They are both bad ppl who have done bad things. 

That said, after she lost the case (oh, how surprising 🙄), she did want to kidnap Wiley much like Valentin has wanted to do w/Charlotte on numerous occasions. If this character ever comes back in a permanent way on this show, I think she should be allowed to see her kid and share custody w/Michael like all the other criminals.  She is no worse to me than any other criminal in PC. 

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Michael, of course, deemed her awful and was determined to keep Nelle away from Wiley totally.  

She let him think his baby was dead for a year.  She is awful.  No more awful than Carly. But, still awful.

16 minutes ago, lala2 said:

It's the double standard that bugs me.

I will totally grant you the double standards on this show are infuriating.

13 hours ago, Katy M said:

But, it's not like there's a law that Willow is only allowed to either date Chase or marry Michael.

Sorry, but there is.

13 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Willow needed to seek counseling for her grief over the death of her son.

She did—that's how she and Michael met in the first place. It's too bad she hasn't continued counseling. She really needs it.

• Useful 1
46 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

She did—that's how she and Michael met in the first place. It's too bad she hasn't continued counseling. She really needs it.

See the pattern? Willow was sent to grief counselling after she gave up her child for adoption to meet Michael who thought his son was dead. The only reason the writers sent her there was so that she could meet Droopy. Michael went to grief counselling once a week for months. We didn't need to see it on screen (thank the soap gods) but we knew he was going. Michael's grief for his dead son is more important than her grief for her dead son.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

In other news, a bit of missed opportunity that Britt didn't treat Sasha for her overdose.  Would Britt have remembered that Sasha pretended to be part of her family?  Would the show have winked at the resemblance between the actresses?

While I agree Britt/Jason have more chemistry than JaSam, I don't want Britt saddled down with Jason. 🤮 Give her someone she can go be sparkly and fun with instead. She's so dynamic and doesn't need to be dragged down by the Jason/Sonny/Carly orbit. If they're going to go with 10 years older, I'd be into chem testing her with Jax since he has zero chemistry with Cynthia Watros.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Dear Julian

The crazy drug lord has just left the your bar after telling you that you are to blow up a building in order to kill Jason or he'll tell Sonny your big bad secret.  Maybe get your go bag and get the eff out of dodge, rather than stand around wiping down your bar, while waiting for said bomb to be delivered to you.  

Mkay, thanks.

Although I will say kudos to William D and Jeff K because those scenes between Cyrus and Julian were intense.  

Did Brad look pretty good considering he supposedly had the crap beaten out of him by a fellow prisoner.  I mean, if I could recognize he was Brad before Britt said anything, he wasn't badly beaten.  

• Love 2

Cyrus's anger at Julian kidnapping a child has got to be related to something in his past, because otherwise why would he care? He hates Sonny and Jason. Anything that hurts them should be just peachy with Cyrus. 

We got a bit of DGAF Julian when he told Cyrus to give Sonny the letter, but I think Cyrus likes threatening more than acting in this case.

Can the writers PLEASE use me/I correctly? It drove me insane to hear Michael say "I" when it should be "me." It's the easiest thing in the world to check—take away the other person and use what works. FFS, Writers. This is basic grammar they can't get right at least 95 percent of the time. Gah.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Can the writers PLEASE use me/I correctly? It drove me insane to hear Michael say "I" when it should be "me." It's the easiest thing in the world to check—take away the other person and use what works. FFS, Writers. This is basic grammar they can't get right at least 95 percent of the time. Gah.

giphy.gif

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

HUGE pet peeve of mine.  It's such a simple grammar rule.  

• Love 8

I liked the way the Willow/Chase scenes played. I wish they made better use of her history, though. I mean, her only other relationship was with Shiloh, so being manipulated into making a huge decision like getting married has got to be triggering. 

Loved Nik/Ava... him lying about the Ryan hit ( and her calling it almost sweet) those two are so twisted... And it works for them. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

What is this show I watched today? It was actually a pretty good soap opera. Can we keep this please?

Cyrus and Julian were great. Cyrus was menacing and Julian was trying to gain what ground he could while realizing that his hands were slipping and he was about to go over the cliff.  He was also refusing because other people could get killed.

Willow was awesome yelling at Chase for taking away her right to make her own decisions. See show, all you have to do is take Willow out of scenes with Michael and she immediately becomes much more interesting. Michael finally showed some backbone to Carly.

Nik was gallant and smart trying to take the blame for Ryan's stabbing. Love in the afternoon, no wonder Ava fell for him.

Even Jason was tolerable with Britt although not the brightest bulb. As long as Elizabeth and Epiphany are working at GH, the latter ful time, they can still provide him information although how are they supposed to know anything if he doesn't tell them what's going on? Britt's a much better source of info. 

I called that Cyrus didn't demote Epiphany and Liz, it was Britt paying back old scores.

Re Nelle:  When she got the job with Nina and was talking about having a life with Wylie, I felt that she was genuine about wanting to share custody wiht Michael. Sure, getting him to marry her was always the big game but she wasn't vindictive at that point.  It was when she lost custody and Carly and Michael were not going to let her have any contact with Michael at all (which probably wouldn't happen in real life) that she went truly cray and put into effect kidnapping him.

Jason ignoring Sam's text message. That's it.

As he has for years. Are they finally going to break up, or will she continue to be happy being at the bottom of his "to do" list?

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Michael finally showed some backbone to Carly.

I'll see backbone when he starts setting some real boundaries with her. Right now he's mad, but tomorrow or the day after he'll go back to letting Mommy to do everything.

4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

will she continue to be happy being at the bottom of his "to do" list?

Absolutely this. She's a doormat who can't imagine her life without her hit man thug of a husband.

• Love 6

Cyrus and Julian were the best part of the show today. Great acting on both parts. Too bad they can't bother to come up with a good storyline for Julian. Maybe let him be the surprising hero against Cyrus or something. But God forbid anyone be a hero except Sonny or Jason.

The Nik recast has officially won me over! They are writing him smart and sexy now, and I dig it!

Brad was a surprise. Will it push Brit closer to Jason? Can he stand having a woman with a pulse in his life? All round, good show today! 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

HUGE pet peeve of mine.  It's such a simple grammar rule.  

Pet peeve of mine too! Also people who can’t remember that “your” is a possessive (that is your car) and you’re is a contraction of “you are”. Easy, peasy folks. Also “their” and “there”. I learned the difference in 3rd grade. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

As he has for years. Are they finally going to break up, or will she continue to be happy being at the bottom of his "to do" list?

How pathetic is she? And her argument for Kristina when baby sister did some truth telling about how Sam will always be behind Sonny, Curly, and Michael in Jason's life about how Jason had known then longer? No, honey. My husband has known plenty of people longer than he has known me. I still expect for our daughter and me to be his priority.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Me don't understand this either. It is something my teacher taught I in second grade. Oh, did I just sound like a moron? Get it together, writers. I have noticed, however, Cyrus has had excellent grammar since he started on the show. I'm thinking the actor just knows proper grammar and does his own rewrite.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 11/16/2020 at 9:29 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Apparently it is. Actor's name is CJ Thomason. He was recurring on GH as Lucas Jones in 2002-2003. I'm pretty sure I was watching then, but I could not pick him out of a lineup, so I went looking for pictures and he looks like Brandon Fraser in a lot of them and Aaron Paul in others. There is one of him as Lucas, but I still can't place him. 

ETA: I stand corrected. 

I'm assuming this secret will come out with what happened to Sacha. I was expecting Michael to yell at Chase too about her overdose. How dare you not notice she was on drugs!

Thank you! I could NOT figure out who he reminded me of, other than an actor with a lot of wiseass in him.

What would have made today's unusually good show perfect, would have been if Mooby hadn't been in it. He, as usual, came off as a whiny manboy. I mean, the look on his face yesterday, when Nik came forward to "confess" he put the hit on Ryan, was like, "duh, why? I'M supposed to be the one who gets shit done!" Like Nik stole his thunder. It made me laugh. And today all he could do was whine about it.

I was all 'eh' with those scenes with SLS and SheBeast, because once Sasha wakes up, it'll be all bygones!

But those scenes with Chase and Willow were....rawBrutal. So REALISTIC. Just amazing work by both actors.

And at the end, when Willow overheard what SLS was saying? I'm hoping that means she'll think that SLS wants to be with Sasha again. Because horrible grammar aside, he did say that he loved Sasha in he present tense when he was railing at his mother. Said something like "...blah, blah, that  I love Sasha?" and not "loved Sasha."

And just shut up, Jaysus. You're not the cops, and Britt isn't your confidential informant/snitch, where she should be feeding your criminal ass information. And I say this as someone who's not a Britt fan.

Brad was attacked? Beat up? Because I surely didn't see a single bruise/mark on him, or any blood. Did Frank run out of the make-up budget?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2