Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Speaking of stupid, hey, Lulu, your "source" is Jason, and his take on Cyrus was only his opinion--not a fact.

I died laughing when she talked about her "confidential source." I'd love for Jason to read her the riot act about using him as a source. He's gotta stay under the radar, man!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

For a son of Faison and Alex, Peter really is rather clueless. When Maxie was telling him about Alex, who he had dinner with as she was pushing her "my son" speeches, did it not occur to him that she might be his real mother?

Lulu needs to read a book on investigative journalism, especially the part where you have to double and triple check your sources before you write anything.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

To be fair, nurses do run the hospitals.

They organize their departments but their power is limited and doctors will always outrank them on decisions. I remember a time when the ER was repeatedly overwhelmed to the extent that gurneys were lining the hallways. The nurse in charge of the ER, a very competent woman, tried to get the doctors to stop calling their patients in early (to get the money for an extra day in hospital) so that the ER wasn't so overwhelmed and patients could be better taken care of but she got nowhere.

• Love 1

So Curtis and Jordan found their way to the Eckert house where ‘only the basement blew up,’ (tm Ron Carlivati).  And it doesn’t look any the worse for wear. 

can’t they just put willow and chase back together? Please? They’re so cute together and just ‘fit,’ not like Michael, who couldn’t generate heat if he was surrounded by a dozen fireplaces. 

I’ve had major surgery. Trust me when I say you do NOT come out of anesthesia wide awake.

ugh Lulu. I’d ask just how stupid a person can be, but this is Lulu we’re talking about, so...🤷‍♀️

• Love 8
5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm assuming that Peter talking about how the darkness was taking over after Maxie was kidnapped will prompt Anna to keep her pie hole shut about Alex being his mother to protect the 40 year old guy who has impulse control and can't control his violence. The last thing his grown ass needs is to be coddled. 

He also seems to have forgotten that he threatened Spinelli's life just a day or so ago, so STFU Pete, whenever things aren't going your way it resurfaces.

• Love 4

Nice to see Laura again......to quickly usher LuLu off the canvas. Not a moment to soon. I still like seeing Dante except for his trying to rescue LuLu. Ugh! I like seeing “mature” characters such as Ned, Alexis & Robert on the air. I agree to put Willow and Chase back together. Chad Duell just can’t generate heat with any actress with a heartbeat. He’s okay by himself and talking to Sonny or Jason. I need Peter and Maxie off my screen and quick. The show,is trying soooo hard to get us to like Peter. It ain’t happening. Good news....no Sonny, Jason or Carly. I guess they met their monthly guarantee. Lucky for us. 

• Love 3

I agree with y'all about putting Chase and Willow back together. I hope they are not going to try to sell that Willow is torn between Chase and Michael, because that is about as believable as being torn between Prince Charming and soggy breakfast cereal. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

Chase was so clean shaven yesterday he looked like a 7 year old.  Please, bring back a little scruff or something to make him look a little older. And yes, I want him and Willow back together.  It’s about time Michael/Willow know what they did to help keep custody of Wylie.

I hope we get more scenes of Anna/Valentine.  I don’t them to be romantic, but I like the dynamic between them.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Chase was so clean shaven yesterday he looked like a 7 year old.  Please, bring back a little scruff or something to make him look a little older. And yes, I want him and Willow back together.  It’s about time Michael/Willow know what they did to help keep custody of Wylie.

I hope we get more scenes of Anna/Valentine.  I don’t them to be romantic, but I like the dynamic between them.

It is amazing how young Josh Swickard is without scruff. I guess it’s a good problem to have being an actor. He can play young and old. That said, he looks like a Boy Scout without it on GH. That along, with the perfect part in his hair he looks 12. I’m not really sure why their has been a non scruff mandate for him. I would say it’s because of Dante but he’s been clean shaven way before DZ returned. 

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Please, bring back a little scruff or something to make him look a little older. And yes, I want him and Willow back together.  It’s about time Michael/Willow know what they did to help keep custody of Wylie.

Absolutely - the way they hugged, looked at each other and she took his hands in hers showed that these two characters are still in love no matter how much Willow tries to convince herself she is "falling for" Michael. It is too much to hope that Willow will drop in to visit Finn and he'll tell her that the Sasha/Chase "affair' was a lie? It really seems like the only reason (aside from being close to Wylie) that Willow is hesitant about ending the marriage to Michael is that she likes living with Michael and his Q family members, versus being alone. When is the last time she even saw her mother? Does her mother even know she married Michael?

Willow seemed like her old self both in attire and speech while talking to/comforting Chase about Finn, and talking to Epiphany about her career and education. She has more to her life than Wylie and his father.  

Michael likes to feel like important.  I suggest he go help Maxie pick up the pieces of her life when the Henrik/Peter situation blows up. GH likes love triangles involving siblings or cousins, so maybe Michael and Dante can be in a rivalry over Maxie.  Just have Michael stop feeling sorry for himself about letting Willow go and have him straight out honestly say she deserves to get back together with Chase, the man she truly loves.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

For a son of Faison and Alex, Peter really is rather clueless. When Maxie was telling him about Alex, who he had dinner with as she was pushing her "my son" speeches, did it not occur to him that she might be his real mother?

He has to be this stupid for the plot point. TFGH.

17 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It really seems like the only reason (aside from being close to Wylie) that Willow is hesitant about ending the marriage to Michael is that she likes living with Michael and his Q family members, versus being alone.

Willow isn't alone, though; she just wouldn't have a man in her life (assuming she doesn't immediately bounce back to Chase), which is not the same thing at all. And really, is living with the Qs such a treat? You get an amazing breakfast spread, admittedly, but everything has to be wearying.

• Love 1

Heh... I like @Bringonthedrama's suggestion that Michael comfort Maxie after the truth about Peter is revealed and Willow goes back to Chase.

Although mostly it intrigues me because their romantic partners tend to get killed off so it will be suspenseful to see which one falls victim to the odds. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Same.  I'm really enjoying Valentin without the romantic entanglements--especially with Nina.  I'm not against JP Stuart having a romance--he's not a charisma void like Duell--but the storyline with Nina, especially since CW took over the part--is just played out.

Adding to the chorus of "bring back the scruff" for Chase.  It works perfectly on his face.

• Love 8

Willow isn't alone, though; she just wouldn't have a man in her life (assuming she doesn't immediately bounce back to Chase), which is not the same thing at all. And really, is living with the Qs such a treat? You get an amazing breakfast spread, admittedly, but everything has to be wearying.

The only girlfriend Willow had was Sasha, which was because Michael was dating her and Willow and Michael are friends. Willow's mother seems to have disappeared. Elizabeth seems (both in that really sad scene at the baby's grave and recently in their conversation at the hospital) like she is trying to be a friend/mentor to Willow.  Willow herself said something about Michael's family surrounding them/being welcoming to her. Maybe it was unintentional, but a combination of the writing and acting made it seem to me she was implying she felt like she would be alone without Michael and his family now that she and Chase were over.  I don't think living with Qs is such a treat, but the way the Willow actress has said her lines suggests she does.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Willow's mother seems to have disappeared.

I read an article that said the actress playing Willow's mom is basically stuck in Canada due to the pandemic, so the character is gone for now, but she can show up later

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm really enjoying Valentin without the romantic entanglements--especially with Nina.  I'm not against JP Stuart having a romance--he's not a charisma void like Duell--but the storyline with Nina, especially since CW took over the part--is just played out.

I think Nina and Valentin could work again as a couple, but the stupid baby story line has completely sunk the character of Nina. At least when MiSt was playing her, Nina was also working on building Crimson. Poor CW's Nina is focused solely on finding her dumb kid. Does anyone really care who the kid is at this point? Not entirely asking hypothetically. Long-lost kids are never a trope I particularly enjoy, but this one has just dragged on and on and on. It's excruciating.

I'd like to see more of the Valentin/Alexis relationship developed. They work really well as wary friends/allies. I might not be mad if there's drunk!sex, but I don't think they should be a romantic couple.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think Nina and Valentin could work again as a couple, but the stupid baby story line has completely sunk the character of Nina. At least when MiSt was playing her, Nina was also working on building Crimson. Poor CW's Nina is focused solely on finding her dumb kid. Does anyone really care who the kid is at this point? Not entirely asking hypothetically. Long-lost kids are never a trope I particularly enjoy, but this one has just dragged on and on and on. It's excruciating.

Cynthia Watros' Nina doesn't work for me because of the shift in character--instead of the witch on wheels and narcissism, we have a whiny, needy woman, who acted like a petulant, jealous teenager when she heard that Valentin and Brookieee had had sex.

And I wonder if her doing all she did to have Nelle buried was out of guilt for flipping her testimony against her? Otherwise, it makes no sense to me.

7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'd like to see more of the Valentin/Alexis relationship developed. They work really well as wary friends/allies. I might not be mad if there's drunk!sex, but I don't think they should be a romantic couple.

Yes, please!

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And I wonder if her doing all she did to have Nelle buried was out of guilt for flipping her testimony against her? Otherwise, it makes no sense to me.

Nina has admitted as much—she keeps insisting that if only people had cut Nelle some slack throughout her life, maybe she wouldn't have been so hellbent on revenge. Never mind Nelle was much more entertaining when she was showing up to parent-teacher nights in giant veiled black hats.

Edited by dubbel zout
clarity
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If his ONS with BLQ proves anything, it's that Valentin is apparently a delightful fling partner!  

• LOL 2

I love how Sonny and Jason assume that because Cyrus isn't moving drugs on the docks, he's honoring the truce. Uh, it never occurred to them that there are other routes—maybe he's moving drugs through GH? They are so stupid.

For the love of tailoring, someone do better with Kin Shriner's suits. The one he was wearing today was so badly fitted.

LOL that Peter has a picture of him with Lulu on his brag shelf. How convenient for Dante to find!

Valentin's unabashed eavesdropping on Peter and Anna cracked me up. His face was too funny.

Are we supposed to be shocked that Dante is carrying a gun?!

Laura's contemptuous "I know how to lose a tail" to Curtis was *chef's kiss*

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Valentin's unabashed eavesdropping on Peter and Anna cracked me up. His face was too funny.

Are we supposed to be shocked that Dante is carrying a gun?!

Laura's contemptuous "I know how to lose a tail" to Curtis was *chef's kiss*

1. 😅
  2. Is that a rhetorical question?
  3. Seriously? Curtis was questioning LauraFucking!Spencer?
  4. Did we finally meet Gonzo The New Gregory????
Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Nice to see Laura again......to quickly usher LuLu off the canvas. Not a moment to soon. I still like seeing Dante except for his trying to rescue LuLu. 

Glad to see Laura show real anger toward Jordan's confessions. Good eye acting from GF when Laura saw the screen shot/file # Jordan gave her. I think the case from 40 years ago that Cyrus wants must be something LnL related. My gut feeling is that she called Tracy.

This is one of the very rare episodes where I liked Maxie for getting slightly emotional and giving Lulu a hard time for acting like Dante just up and abandoned Lulu and the kids without thinking and without reason. At least Lulu acknowledged she's not taking Dante back because she doesn't trust him not to leave again instead of trying to insist that she's so in love with Dustin and over Dante.

The audience is going to need some headache medication from Pappa Harrison's "kids change everything" anvil. Finn is sort of sitting up and looking well right after heart surgery? Okay, show. I hate that Valentin convinced Anna to lie to Finn about the test results.  It makes me wonder if this secret is going to result in Anna and Finn breaking up/Anna and Valentin getting closer.

I've gotta say, I love the way Dante easily lied to Peter's face about the computer and left. Peter's last lines to Valentin, and his contented face, that all is well because of Mommy just made me roll my eyes. Now I wonder how he'll find out since Anna is determined to protect him and encourage him to be a good man by Maxie's side. The "I love him as a son" line should have caused Finn's fragile heart to have some reaction.

Jason's face when he realized he was Lulu's source was funny.  I thought Peter said he wouldn't publish the story??  I liked Cyrus telling Jason his mother and Bobbie Spencer were both fired for cause and re-hiring them would be bad for the hospital's rep.  But the plot point of Taggert showing up at Sonny's office unannounced just moments before Cyrus did is also eye-roll worthy - in reality there's no way Cyrus would not have seen him go in.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Did we finally meet Gonzo The New Gregory????

Yep!  And as someone who used to watch Trapper John MD and be teenagerly in love with Dr George Alonzo "Gonzo" Gates, he has aged VERY VERY well!!

21 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Seriously? Curtis was questioning LauraFucking!Spencer?

In Curtis's defence, it took him and Jordan 5 months and a medical cover story to find their way to that house and yet Laura shows up 45 seconds later, like it's no biggie.  Curtis and Jordan were all 'the hell, how did you get here'.  Laura was all, 'psshhhh, I followed the bread crumbs, I'm no dummy'.  

Genie was all kinds of awesome today.  

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I think the case from 40 years ago that Cyrus wants must be something LnL related.

40 years ago was slightly before my time, I started somewhere around 1985, so I;m curious if anyone would know what the case could be, from then.  Mikos and his weather machine??  Someone's death, that could be Cyrus' parent and he's looking for retribution?  

• Useful 1
20 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I love the way Dante easily lied to Peter's face about the computer and left.

Peter:  What are you doing in my office

Dante;  I'm head of security.  Someone may or may not have tried to access your computer.  It's all good now

Peter;; Durh, okay.  (For a supposed big bad, he really is dumber than a box of rocks sometimes)

21 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Jason's face when he realized he was Lulu's source was funny.  I thought Peter said he wouldn't publish the story??

Peter said he wasn't going to publish the story that Cyrus was funneling drugs through the hospital since Lulu had no proof.  The other story that Lulu ended up writing was a blog type thingy that basically said that Cyrus was firing hospital staff who were close to Sonny.  

• LOL 1
36 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I liked Maxie for getting slightly emotional and giving Lulu a hard time for acting like Dante just up and abandoned Lulu and the kids without thinking and without reason. At least Lulu acknowledged she's not taking Dante back because she doesn't trust him not to leave again instead of trying to insist that she's so in love with Dustin and over Dante.

Same, though I wish they'd stop having Lulu say that Dante abandoned them. It's such a small thing to fix. Just say she doesn't want to put herself and the kids through something like that again.

38 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I liked Cyrus telling Jason his mother and Bobbie Spencer were both fired for cause and re-hiring them would be bad for the hospital's rep.

I really liked that that was an inarguable point. There wasn't anything Sonny or Jason could sneer back. Heh. Though I wish Cyrus hadn't caved to Sonny's face about Pip and Elizabeth. Oh, well.

27 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Curtis and Jordan were all 'the hell, how did you get here'.  Laura was all, 'psshhhh, I followed the bread crumbs, I'm no dummy'.  

I kind of wish Laura had told those dopes that she's been doing this since before they were born—OF COURSE she knows what she's doing.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

40 years ago was slightly before my time, I started somewhere around 1985, so I;m curious if anyone would know what the case could be, from then.  Mikos and his weather machine??  Someone's death, that could be Cyrus' parent and he's looking for retribution?  

40 years ago even predates L&L, I think. My guess is the David Hamilton murder. It was one of Laura's storylines before Luke was even on the show.

https://general-hospital.fandom.com/wiki/David_Hamilton_(Jerry_Ayres)

ETA: Here is Laura telling the story to Luke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R09khEb-Bk

Edited by VioletMarx
  • Useful 1
23 minutes ago, VioletMarx said:

40 years ago even predates L&L, I think. My guess is the David Hamilton murder. It was one of Laura's storylines before Luke was even on the show.

L&L got married in '81, and the rape happened in '79. So, yeah, it could involve L&L. 

Taggert is really obnoxious since he became friends with Sonny. Dude, you're supposed to be DEAD! How about you stay that way before your wanderings get you in more trouble than getting shot. Sonny's bodyguard fucking announced him for fuck's sake.

Now that we know Laura was somehow involved with that file, what are the odds that Cyrus Renaud isn't his real name and that he is the child of the file person. I feel like we might be looking at a retread of the Alexis/Kiefer/Kiefer's sister story but with Laura and Cyrus instead.

I forgot to mention the whole Franco thing. I had to laugh when Sonny sneered that he didn't believe the brain tumor was back. Yes, Sonny, Franco wants Jason to kill him for funsies. Good grief.

I was glad Franco told Elizabeth about the tumor. My spec on what will happen is that he'll get sick and go into a coma, or maybe start to exhibit his serial-killer tendencies but Jason won't kill him because Elizabeth begs him not to. In either scenario he will undergo some sort of treatment—surgery, laser, some soap medical thing—and will be critical but ultimately live. All of this will affect his memory. Hopefully he will remember the Peter stuff and be able to move that idiot off our screen for good. (Unlikely, but a girl can dream.)

• Love 5

Taggart saying that he couldn't stay in hiding until he knew what Sonny was planning to do about Julian. Dude, what are you, 5? A. Julian has no proof and B. it's not Sonny's job to silence him.

6 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Just have Michael stop feeling sorry for himself about letting Willow go and have him straight out honestly say she deserves to get back together with Chase, the man she truly loves.

Michael is Carly's son.  Being altruistic isn't in his gene makeup.

4 hours ago, DanaK said:

I read an article that said the actress playing Willow's mom is basically stuck in Canada due to the pandemic, so the character is gone for now, but she can show up later

The border is open for work travel provided you quarantine for 2 weeks if you're going up to Canada. Maybe she didn't want to have the hassle of that for a couple of days work.

I love how Sonny and Jason assume that because Cyrus isn't moving drugs on the docks, he's honoring the truce. Uh, it never occurred to them that there are other routes—maybe he's moving drugs through GH? They are so stupid.

Between that and Sonny thinking Franco wanted Jason to kill him for funsies, it's beyond me how these two fumblers have everyone else terrorized.

Sonny replying to Cyrus complaining that Lulu was targetting him by saying "those are pulblic knowledge" made me roll my eyes. There is a difference between everyone knowing that Monica and Bobbie were fired because the hospital was being sued because of them, and Lulu saying that they were fired because Cyrus has a vendetta against Sonny.

Monica really should have retired though. I find it hard to believe that she can stand up through a cardiac surgery much less have the dexterity to perform it herself.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I really liked that that was an inarguable point. There wasn't anything Sonny or Jason could sneer back. Heh. Though I wish Cyrus hadn't caved to Sonny's face about Pip and Elizabeth. Oh, well.

It was a justified point though. Monica and Bobbie were fired for cause but Pip and Liz may have been demoted because Britt was trying pay back some old scores.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Taggart saying that he couldn't stay in hiding until he knew what Sonny was planning to do about Julian. Dude, what are you, 5? A. Julian has no proof and B. it's not Sonny's job to silence him.

No, it's not Sonny's job, but Taggart knows Sonny. It's no leap to think Sonny will kill Julian. I don't think Taggart wants that on his conscience.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I had to laugh when Sonny sneered that he didn't believe the brain tumor was back. Yes, Sonny, Franco wants Jason to kill him for funsies. Good grief.

Not to mention acting like he somehow faked the first brain tumor.  Sonny is such a smug, little shit.

Re: the 40-yr-old mystery and Laura.  I'm tempted to think it has to do with David Hamilton (happened 43 years ago, but given time is fluid on this show, that's pretty close), but then who was she on the phone with?  Unless, it has to do with that awful Rick Weber/chick he was banging in the attic nonsense and she was on the phone with Scott.  Again, more than 40 years ago, but in the wide ballpark.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, VioletMarx said:

https://general-hospital.fandom.com/wiki/David_Hamilton_(Jerry_Ayres)

ETA: Here is Laura telling the story to Luke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R09khEb-Bk

That was where my mind went, too. It's funny; I haven't been able to find a clip of the death scene but at the time they replayed it about a thousand times. 

ETA: If it was a circa L&L thing, she might actually have been calling Robert. He was around when all of the Cassadine goons were coming out of the woodwork, so maybe the three of them dispatched someone that they never actually admitted to. It's hard to remember since they were all pretty casual about it. 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Re: the 40-yr-old mystery and Laura.  I'm tempted to think it has to do with David Hamilton (happened 43 years ago, but given time is fluid on this show, that's pretty close), but then who was she on the phone with?  Unless, it has to do with that awful Rick Weber/chick he was banging in the attic nonsense and she was on the phone with Scott.  Again, more than 40 years ago, but in the wide ballpark.

I was thinking maybe it was Lesley? But it could be Scott since she didn’t say “Mom, we have a problem.”

But we already got the retcon BULLSHIT that Laura murdered Rick’s side piece, that Scottie covered up, and which had Guzasshole kill off Rick-by LAURA’S hand!

So I’m wondering what the problem could be.

• Love 2

Alex to Anna: I thought you'd take care of him. That you'd go back... and you'd get him... and you'd love him... and raise him. But you didn't. And you have to live with that.

Someone explain it to me like I'm Sonny, these were implanted memories.  Implanted years later?  Ones that, until recently, Anna had no recollection of, so how was she supposed to go back and get Peter?  Is this just a twisted guilt trip from Alex so she won't reveal the truth?

I hope Robert Scorpio gets a storyline in the 40 year old mystery.  He needs to be in something other than the years long, unsatisfying "let's get Peter" story.

Any backlash on getting rid of ER's Lulu?  People were upset about Neil's death, I'd think they would be more attached to Lulu. 

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Someone explain it to me like I'm Sonny, these were implanted memories.  Implanted years later?  Ones that, until re⁸cently, Anna had no recollection of, so how was she supposed to go back and get Peter?  Is this just a twisted guilt trip from Alex so she won't reveal the truth?

I hope Robert Scorpio gets a storyline in the 40 year old mystery.  He needs to be in something other than the years long, unsatisfying "let's get Peter" story.

Any backlash on getting rid of ER's Lulu?  People were upset about Neil's death, I'd think they would be more attached to Lulu. 

No but it hasn't been officially announced or been on screen yet, so I expect more later.

Yes ER is not a great actress but I find it odd unless they recast her. If they want to put Dante with someone else, okay but so far nothing on screen indicates that. (I thought maybe Brook Lynn, but he is at the Qs and they haven't even said hello.) And plus they shouldn't have to get rid of Lulu to do that. Him and Maxie I see some signs they might put them together, but ugh, the ship waaaay sailed for that one.

Edited by ulkis
27 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I've seen lots of blacklash on Twitter! 

I couldn’t help but 🙄🙄🙄🙄at those thick gloves that Dante was wearing, as he typed on Heinrik’s laptop. What? He couldn’t get his hands on latex gloves? What he was wearing looked more like winter gloves! That thick leather/vinyl wouldn’t have allowed him to type Jack shit.

And I have to also say that Genie has done the best with maintaining the six feet of social distancing. Jordan just needs her ASS fired. If Robert can’t be Super WSB SPY, then please let Laura appoint him as Commissioner again. Or Mac.  Jordan can team up with her hubby and be a P.I.

And maaan, did Gregory Harrison look abso mucho SCRUMPTIOUS! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I forgot to mention the whole Franco thing. I had to laugh when Sonny sneered that he didn't believe the brain tumor was back. Yes, Sonny, Franco wants Jason to kill him for funsies. Good grief.

I was glad Franco told Elizabeth about the tumor. My spec on what will happen is that he'll get sick and go into a coma, or maybe start to exhibit his serial-killer tendencies but Jason won't kill him because Elizabeth begs him not to. In either scenario he will undergo some sort of treatment—surgery, laser, some soap medical thing—and will be critical but ultimately live. All of this will affect his memory. Hopefully he will remember the Peter stuff and be able to move that idiot off our screen for good. (Unlikely, but a girl can dream.)

So within the last two years or so, Franco almost died when Ryan stabbed, then he had the brainwiped where Franco disappeared for months, and then he underwent a risky procedure to get Franco's memories back with the potential risk of being a veIgetable or dead. Now his tumor is back and it might be terminal.

I DON'T CARE.

Die, don't die. No matter how many things the show tries to throw at Franco, I don't care because once again it is going to be about Liz rallying behind him and supporting him and never giving up on him. Despite the specter of death lingering around Franco, it feels like he is going anywhere.

You know what would be different? If she did give up.

It bothered me how cavalier Jason was about sending Spinelli traipsing through Franco's medical records. I get it, the mob has its own super-hacker who can penetrate any firewall and find out anything with his magic computer, and Franco does have a history of manipulation and deceit. But it's one thing to have Spinelli "tap into the surveillance cameras" to prove that someone did or didn't shoot someone, and another to have these goons rifling through confidential databases with sensitive information. I just had to strike a blow for HIPAA awareness. 

To me, Swickard just looks like a guy in his late twenties who sometimes has facial hair and sometimes doesn't. I don't see any jarring difference, The only time I was really "glad" about him having facial hair was when he was a new addition and was overlapping with Griffin. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 6