Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, NinjaMom11 said:

The WHOLE video should be shown, not just snapshots out of context. The entire back row is supposed to come up first! It’s a contagion. For anyone who does their own research, it’s skewed posts like these that make people realize everything said about anyone isn’t always what it seems.  

That’s what it looks like to me.   Back row supposed to come up first?   Is this supposed to be some big smoking gun of a mistake?  In a practice?    

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, TB12 said:

Same she couldn’t be any less glamorous...

Pro Bowl choreography is blah, un-glamorous and so-so. Amy will be just fine, and will still out-shine the other girls there. Relax. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, NinjaMom11 said:

Ok, but seems basically the same. Your kids got cars when they went off to COLLEGE and VK got hers just a couple months earlier than yours and finished the last few weeks of high school with a car..?  Most kids in Dallas (sad but true) DO get cars 2 years earlier than she did when they turn 16… and usually a higher end car than a VW.  For me..it just blows up the whole spoiled Veruca narrative

Victoria IS spoiled. The definition of spoiled is literally: "(of a person, especially a child) harmed in character by being treated too leniently or indulgently." While most people associate being spoiled with excess wealth, that isn't always the case. When you grow a child in a bubble to believe they never have to take responsibility for their actions you spoil them. 

19 hours ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

Anyone else super sad about the rumor that Bridget is retiring? I mean, look at her! I was so hopeful that she would be point next year. 

I'll miss her, but I would rather see her retire then fall out of grace with Kelli. After seeing Kelli's reaction to Bridget fainting, I think it's in Bridget's best interest to retire now. 

7 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Agreed. To the extent that it has been said that the Kalinas are super rich and that VK got everything that she wanted (which refers to material things), then I think it's fine for someone to correct that if it's not true, but I don't recall that being the narrative - I haven't been on the board much lately because I've been busy, but from what I have read, the focus has been on what happens on the team, not her family life. Sure, if she helped pay for her training, great, but that doesn't mean that she's not receiving preferential treatment from Kelli or not causing problems. On the other hand, if she got a new car at 16 or graduation, who cares? Dallas is not NYC. When you live in huge, sprawling metropolitan areas with poor public transportation, people (including high schoolers and college kids) have cars. That's life, and a new civic, corolla, jetta, etc, does not imply that one is rich. A new Range Rover, Mercedes, Lexus, BMW, yes, but not a VW. Regardless, there have been girls on the team who came from families who were filthy rich, and it was never an issue because they were treated like everyone else on the team and were not causing issues. 

I don't think that has ever been the narrative and I haven't take any time off the boards. We have always said spoiled, but never in terms of material wealth. 

Now, TCC Alexandria had a running joke because of who her parents were. I remember joking that her dad clearly didn't donate enough because she was cut. 

Also, when questions were raised on whether or not Father Kalina ran any of the restaurants in The Star, Shelley corrected that he didn't and that subject was dropped. The narrative that she's from a super mega rich family has only been a thing since it was mentioned this week. We've always known she lives in a modest house in a non-ultra rich area of Texas.  

4 hours ago, TB12 said:

Ughhhhhh PB is Amy, I’m sure she’s lovely but sooooooooooo pastel & just boring...

Gag me. I hope Heather retires. She deserved so much more. 

• Love 15

Everyone here will always have varying favorites.  Victoria never will be mine.  I don't find her technique that great, I don't care for her look and I 150% will never abide the undeserved featuring and treatment she has been given over more deserving veterans.

Cassie may not have been a favorite at times, but she worked her way up to the positions she was given.  Thus far, I have not seen that with Victoria.

Edited by go4luca
clarity
  • Love 23
3 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I strongly suspect that VK will be on the cover of one of the calendars next year. 

Yup, ROTY, cover girl, and in the triangle. I wonder if she will be behind Maddie, because she is tall, or if they will go ahead and put her next to Maddie since "she is the strongest veteran" I can just hear it now...😱

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Everyone here will always have varying favorites.  Victoria never will be mine.  I don't find her technique that great, I don't care for her look and I 150% will never abide the undeserved featuring and treatment she has been given over more deserving veterans.

Cassie may not have been a favorite at times, but she worked her way up to the positions she was given.  Thus far, I have not seen that with Victoria.

Agree 100%

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, DKay said:

Pro Bowl choreography is blah, un-glamorous and so-so. Amy will be just fine, and will still out-shine the other girls there. Relax. 

We are all entitled to our opinions & for me it’s not the choreo it’s how pastel she is & just bc she’s been a DCC the longest should not mean she should get PB I can name 5 other girls that have more sparkle than she does... 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well as a fellow trained dancer, technique isn’t subjective. 

I completely agree. 

My point was there will always be varying opinions on her technique.  Which this forum allows.  I didn't want to get in trouble stating my opinion as the be all end all on the subject. 😉

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well as a fellow trained dancer, technique isn’t subjective. She doesn’t have spectacular technique, much like we could all agree that Kashara for example wasn’t the strongest dancer in terms of technique. The argument with Kash was whether she was the best performer in terms of showmanship, energy, facials etc -and yes that is subjective. Of course poster here may love VK and think she’s the prettiest ever, that’s subjective. I won’t accept the “her technique is flawless” argument because it isn’t. We can agree it doesn’t matter for dcc at best.

Oh her technique is terrible, and I can tell you it's something the girls talk about quite a bit (in private, of course).  But you're right, none of that matters to Kelli.  All that matters is who her mother is, and THAT is the only reason she's on the squad.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
41 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

And yet she's still popping up before the other girls in the back! Can that not be seen?

I think she's still excited to be out there and she starts rushing her moves.  Or she wants to be seen first cause if you are the first to move, that's where the eyes go.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, NinjaMom11 said:

The WHOLE video should be shown, not just snapshots out of context. The entire back row is supposed to come up first! It’s a contagion. For anyone who does their own research, it’s skewed posts like these that make people realize everything said about anyone isn’t always what it seems.  

She is early...even when looking at the whole video it was the early pop up that caught my eye.  But then again, it is probably VK who is on time and the rest are off.  My bad. 
She is rushing her counts.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

I think we all have the right to disagree, just getting very grating to have people jump down your throat the second you post anything positive or negative about Victoria. Wether she is what's polarizing or the way she's being put on a pedestal by TPTB... the whole discussion is what's souring my opinion currently. So... I'll focus on all other rookies and vets because there's 36 other ladies on the squad!

In an attempt to try to get to a subject we can post about without World War Pom erupting: Who would you like to see more of?

I'd love to see more of Shandi, Tess and Rachel A. I feel like I haven't seen a lot from them and would like to see more!

I’ve been wondering about Shandi too. I haven’t seen much of her. How is her season going? 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

She is early...even when looking at the whole video it was the early pop up that caught my eye.  But then again, it is probably VK who is on time and the rest are off.  My bad. 
She is rushing her counts.  

Yeah that's what I thought. She's coming up at the right time and all the other girls are a little late. Of course. Lol

• LOL 18
  • Love 2

Incredibly sad to see her go.  She's been a lot of fun to watch and I will miss seeing her light up the stadium with her performance and smile.

But I will be happy to see her retire on her terms & wish her all the best.

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Yeah that's what I thought. She's coming up at the right time and all the other girls are a little late. Of course. Lol

...just depends how you choose to view it I guess.  If we want to go by millisecond still shots it’s someone else way off.  

65CAEDD2-0CBC-482C-8F6A-301CA8D57F70.jpeg

4 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Incredibly sad to see her go.  She's been a lot of fun to watch and I will miss seeing her light up the stadium with her performance and smile.

But I will be happy to see her retire on her terms & wish her all the best.

We don't know that Bridget is retiring.  It was speculation on here by someone.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Yetta said:

Unfortunately, that poster only comes on here once in awhile to give us info - and they have never been wrong🤷‍♀️

• Useful 6
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Yetta said:

She's been cheering for a long time and probably wants to move on.  I'd love to see her remain another year.  But if she does retire, she's got a fan for life.

• Love 21

I would personally LOVE to see VK in a non-biased competition to “prove” how flawless her heavy sloppy technique is........ wait...... what about SYTYCD...... she might be DCC fine but she’s not flawless, no where near the best On dance, looks or personality. No amount of declaring her Gods gift to dance will change the fact that she falls out of turns and barely gets off the ground on her “leaps”. Although she is flawless at crotch grabbing. 

Edited by NotthebadVictoria
Spelling
  • LOL 9
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

She's been cheering for a long time and probably wants to move on.  I'd love to see her remain another year.  But if she does retire, she's got a fan for life.

oh.. I didn't know she also cheered for another pro club. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

I would personally LOVE to see VK in a non-biased competition to “prove” how flawless her heavy sloppy technique is........ wait...... what about SYTYCD...... she might be DCC fine but she’s not flawless, no where near the best On dance, looks or personality. No amount of declaring her Gods gift to dance will change the fact that she falls out of turns and barely gets off the ground on her “leaps”. Although she is flawless at crotch grabbing. 

Did we ever find out how far she got on SYTYCD?  Someone on FB said that VK told them she dropped out because it interfered with DCC.

7 minutes ago, NinjaMom11 said:

...just depends how you choose to view it I guess.  If we want to go by millisecond still shots it’s someone else way off.  

65CAEDD2-0CBC-482C-8F6A-301CA8D57F70.jpeg

Which one of those girls is even VK?  When I watch the actual video, where none of them even look off, I thought the one second to the left looked more like VK?  The girl on the far right almost looks like Kat to me but seems too blonde.  Who are the girls in the back line?

5 minutes ago, sATL said:

oh.. I didn't know she also cheered for another pro club. 

According to her LinkedIn, she was with the Charger girls for three years and was the Captain her third year.

Bridget Chargers copy.jpg

Edited by go4luca
photo added
  • Love 9

I hope those at ATT are enjoying the DCC. the crowd really needs entertainment today.... this game is pitiful and painful to watch..

I won't share the current score of the Eagles ... The coach doesn't want anyone in the stadium to know the what that game's score is...

image.png.bb101d0160f2e6e41e0b46b5078ee094.png

Edited by sATL
3 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Which one of those girls is even VK?  When I watch the actual video, where none of them even look off, I thought the one second to the left looked more like VK?  The girl on the far right almost looks like Kat to me but seems too blonde.  Who are the girls in the back line?

VK is the one second from the left and the other is Kat. You are correct! 

I don't have an issue with Amy going to the Pro Bowl. Personally, I like to see the wealth distributed among as many as possible. In other words, a different person for each of the following: ROTY, VOTY, Pro Bowl, point, etc. But Amy is by no means a bad choice.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

Yes, that’s Kat...she popped up after VK did..in this pic VK is already done showing her face and continues with her moves as Kat pops up.  See my 3rd pic in original post, which shows Kat coming up after VK.  
This is a repeated error and maybe, just maybe, someone who doesn’t correct the error and keeps repeatedly popping up, yes it’s sometimes minuscule but it is noticeable, should not be taken to the front and center.   In fact, are they really game ready?

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Everyone I was just speaking in general why people keep those type of pictures on their phones didn’t expect such mean harsh comments back !!! 

I don't think those comments were aimed at you directly.  Many here like Heather, hated seeing her passed over as the PB girl and the subject itself, is very touchy.  I'm sad it ever happened to her.

Please don't take it personally!

• Love 7
4 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

We have no idea what the process is for these videos (unless someone like Shelly wants to explain?).  They could be something people volunteer for, or maybe they need to put work in like choreograph them on their own, submit them, etc.   From my experience w/ dance studios who do little marketing clips every once in a while, those types of things usually go to the dancers who show a lot of interest in wanting to be featured (usually by submitting videos)  - not necessarily the “best dancer”.

Music distributed, sign up, girls grouped according to style, self choreographed & costumed and filmed. No particular order or preference of dancers. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

Yes, that’s Kat...she popped up after VK did..in this pic VK is already done showing her face and continues with her moves as Kat pops up.  See my 3rd pic in original post, which shows Kat coming up after VK.  
This is a repeated error and maybe, just maybe, someone who doesn’t correct the error and keeps repeatedly popping up, yes it’s sometimes minuscule but it is noticeable, should not be taken to the front and center.   In fact, are they really game ready?

Or maybe the error isn’t distinguishable by the human eye as it’s practically impossible to time something like that it to the one hundredth of a second especially w/ a slow beat song like hand clap. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • LOL 7
15 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Did we ever find out how far she got on SYTYCD?  Someone on FB said that VK told them she dropped out because it interfered with DCC.

Translation she didn’t make it very far & making excuses for herself as usual... 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
29 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Everyone I was just speaking in general why people keep those type of pictures on their phones didn’t expect such mean harsh comments back !!! 

It comes off as victim blaming. I appreciate that that wasn't your intent though. 

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I don't think those comments were aimed at you directly.  Many here like Heather, hated seeing her passed over as the PB girl and the subject itself, is very touchy.  I'm sad it ever happened to her.

Please don't take it personally!

Thank you hun 

• Love 3

Bridget looked amazing at point. In fact, I liked Heather, Amber and Rachel too. So many great options for triangle and we got the most boring combination ever.

I won’t even go into the fact that the rookie is still up front instead of rotating. Heather rocked it and I don’t think anyone can claim that Lexie is so far superior that she deserved triangle more. Tess is a snoozefest so I won’t even try to justify this.

• Love 13

Watching the game and every time the cheerleaders are shown on the sideline some of them look up to see themselves on the big screen.  I don’t know why I’m annoyed by this but I am!  It just looks bad!

• Love 1