Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

18 hours ago, ByTor said:

Which leg should you end up landing on, front or back?  I assumed it was back, which made me think your theory that she's landing early is correct.  I have noticed in her videos, though, that she typically doesn't get the kind of height Caroline does.

When done correctly, your front foot should hit first with your back leg a milisecond behind. 

21 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Skkkkkrrrrrrrrr!!!! Did I say she lacked ballet focus...or did I say she grew up in a studio where ballet was not their main focus?? Her studio was/is competition, convention focused, not that it’s a bad thing. I did give her ballet privates during school breaks when she was younger, and because Victoria has great facilities, talked at length with TK about more training, intensives, etc., but they were very happy and loyal to their studio.

Pretty sure we said the same thing, I just did it in a lot less words. Victoria went to a studio where ballet wasn't the focus and it shows. 

• Love 14
11 hours ago, go4luca said:

@ShellyB, do you know why TPTB chose not to have These Boots Are Made For Talkin' podcasts with this season's squad?  I understand Courtney McKenna is no longer with the organization but hoped they'd find a replacement & continue them.  I enjoyed learning more about the girls.  Are there plans to bring the podcasts back?

I’m not sure why the final decision was made to move on from the podcasts. I know that there was a definite push to do more on social media...DCC in Motion had been a discussion since the end of last football season. Our new SM Intern has a lot of good ideas and gives great input to some of the ideas that come out of staff meetings. Ya never know when or if the podcast will be back.

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

Kashara would be a good one to host it!

If Christina retires, I would like to see her host a similar podcast. She acted as co-host a couple of times and did a good job. Brennan would also do a great job of it, but I hope she stays on at least another year.

• Love 20
6 minutes ago, Amk2017 said:

Isn’t Sam Finglass an intern now or the social media intern for the Cowboys?  I remember seeing somewhere she was more involved.  

She was interning for cmt just over the summer tho 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Plus, everyone would be scared to death of saying something that might offend TK/VK.  We've seen some "clarifications" posted on here that I suspect were driven by that very fear.

Definitely noticed a glaring one of those recently. Made me want to vomit. 

• Love 20
13 hours ago, rafibomb said:

For argument's sake, leave out the crime part. If they told the girls not to store nude photos of themselves on their phones, and they somehow found out that one of them did exactly that (without the photos ever having been hacked or stolen), would they then be justified in saying she broke the rules?

I'm 100% opposed to blaming the victim for the actual crime, but the crime was stealing the photos. Having the photos to begin with is a separate issue (and yes, you could certainly say that the DCC has no right to make rules like that, but given that this is an organization that literally writes their body weight into their contracts, I think that ship has sailed).

Agree...If the rules were not to have them (photos) on their phones and she did...she did break a rule. (Yes, i know shes a victim) Have no problem with Heather who I LOVE getting some sort of punishment but after her not getting a leadership position in year 3, her punishment should have ended...if anything she held her head high and was a great leader/team player. I was really rooting for her for PB. So glad she got the swimsuit cover...

• Love 7
1 minute ago, fawn said:

Agree...If the rules were not to have them (photos) on their phones and she did...she did break a rule. (Yes, i know shes a victim) Have no problem with Heather who I LOVE getting some sort of punishment but after her not getting a leadership position in year 3, her punishment should have ended...if anything she held her head high and was a great leader/team player. I was really rooting for her for PB. So glad she got the swimsuit cover...

I doubt they want the girls even taking nude photos at all, regardless of the purpose, or method of storing them. I would not be surprised if they have some type of "morals clause" in their contract that cover that. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Well, I’ve often suspected that TK sees Bridget as a threat, so it’s interesting to see VK supporters (who ignore VK’s numerous mistakes) critique Bridget for the teeniest things. Very interesting indeed. 

Well, I don't see how "her eyes look sad" will affect her status on the team or during tryouts.  That's someone's opinion.

Of course, there doesn't have to be a reason that makes sense to us to eliminate a candidate.  It's not like we get a vote.  They could eliminate training camp entirely and just pick the team based on whether or not they like them or their look (or if someone's the daughter they always wanted) if they wanted to.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 12/30/2019 at 6:05 AM, Pau84 said:

I respectfully disagree.

For someone in the public eye it is less than prudent to keep naked/private pictures on an unsecured device.
This requirement is less stringent for persons out of the public eye.

Someone working for the CIA has to be much more vigilant and secure.

Victim-blaming is the attitude which suggests that the victim rather than the perpetrator bears responsibility for what happened.

Victim blaming is asking something unreasonable from a victim. Heather was a victim but it is not unreasonable to ask her NOT to store private images on her unsecured device as someone in the public eye.

I apologize in advance, but using the CIA as an example in a DCC MTT thread made me concerned I was going to wet my drawers laughing.

I’ll just back on out of here now....😂🤭

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, KickPretty said:

On SM I read people defending her mistake when she came up a count early! Things like: 

She keeps being moved around, you can’t expect her to be perfect when every week she’s in a new spot.

That’s why she’s the best, the only one they trust enough to be in a different spot each week

It’s really funny! 😂😂😂

The best part is that the count she messed up is the same for all groups. Tess made a similar mistake in one of the pre season games but she was indeed going with the wrong group. It was a big one as well, but at least it’s understandable.

13 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Right- the all star thing is petty. Meaning it’s not a big punishment. Never said it was.... but not allowing someone to be an All Star as a punishment is petty. Hence, me posting that Kelli is a petty beotch. 

And I basically said the same thing you did regarding punishing Heather for being honest in a different post. 

I think i gave you the wrong idea! We’re actually in total agreement. I’m just saying that even if we agree with kelli’s worldview and both girls deserve some punishment, the one whose nudes were leaked didn’t get one until she was retired and the other one who didn’t cause trouble got it worse. But what Kelli did to Holly is the definition of pettiness-it was fine for her to be point for 2 seasons plus PB, so punishing her 3 years after the fact is plain stupid.

11 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

When done correctly, your front foot should hit first with your back leg a milisecond behind. 

Pretty sure we said the same thing, I just did it in a lot less words. Victoria went to a studio where ballet wasn't the focus and it shows. 

You said the same thing, you just didn’t spin it into something positive. Yeah great we got confirmation that she wasn’t a studio hopper as we were saying, but that’s actually even worse. Supposedly she was training since she was a kid to become dcc. She gets 121 time with one of the coaches (and not only her) who’s telling her that ballet is important. So what does she do? No ballet! No high school cheerleading/dance team and no power pom/hip hop classes. She gets cut and is told to work on her technique and to control her power. So what does she do? Lyrical!!! Contrast that to Erin who was a mess her first TC, was cut early on and came back and killed it.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, KickPretty said:

On SM I read people defending her mistake when she came up a count early! Things like: 

She keeps being moved around, you can’t expect her to be perfect when every week she’s in a new spot.

That’s why she’s the best, the only one they trust enough to be in a different spot each week

It’s really funny! 😂😂😂

With the obvious mistakes VK has made, does anyone know if K&J have addressed them with her?  How many times have we heard over the years that a mistake in the triangle is SO Visible.  Well, this year is the first time I’ve seen such an obvious mistake in the triangle so any news on whether they talked to her about it?

• Love 8
16 hours ago, KickPretty said:

It’s really funny! 😂😂😂

🤮

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I mainly just lurk now, but I was going to throw in that I do think Heather is a beautiful girl and although it looks like she won’t be back, I am happy she had a good year.

I think Maddie may stay, but seeing her knee taped up like that makes me wonder. Knee injuries can wear you down. 

I hope Bridget stays.  She’s a cutie.  

I think Ashlee needs to move up in the triangle. She’s beautiful and I love watching her dance. I hope she stays another year.

I honestly have no clue who will or won’t retire. I hope things aren’t as unsettled as we are hearing.

• Love 24
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

ummmm @Muckypup61, are you me by any chance??? 🙂 

To me she is pretty, brave and talented. You rarely, if ever, see her pictured in the DCC Photos of game days; or sites like ProDanceCheer. So few girls of the 37 are.

Edited by Muckypup61
misspelled a word
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Lol sorry. My kids have been home for 17 days straight. I’m a little edgy. 😂😂😂😂😂

I’m a teacher and haven’t thought once of work. All my kids are grown now except one who’s 17. I remember those days. I have five. To make this about DCC, I wonder if any of them are from big families? It would be so cool if they had little blogs or spotlight posts that told us a bit more about each girl.

i do agree with whomever said only a select few get showcased on prodancecheer and in photos-Rachel W, Maddie, Victoria, Amy, I’ve seen Bridget a lot. I adore Bridget and Amanda though. It’s not necessarily bad, but all these girls are beautiful and talented so spread it around.

speaking of that, there was a great photo of Miranda in the week 17 pics. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, stargrrl said:

I usually lurk but just wanted to 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 the shade and cattiness on this board. I’m way too old for it but it entertains the hell out of me and I’m here for it. Carry on ladies! 😂😘

If it entertains you you’re not too old for it. MEOW! 

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Plus, everyone would be scared to death of saying something that might offend TK/VK.  We've seen some "clarifications" posted on here that I suspect were driven by that very fear.

What specifically were the statements and  “clarifications”...? 

• Love 2

I want to see good, professional Game Day photos of the rookies: Chandi, Lisa, Lily, Kristin and Taylor P. And of the veterans: Hannah, Jalyn, Cici and Briana.

Edited by Muckypup61
misspelled a word
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

I want to see good, professional Game Day photos of the rookies: Chandi, Lisa, Lily, Kristin and Taylor P. And of the veterans: Hannah, Jaylyn, Cici and Briana.

I think this is a good one of Taylor

• Love 20
2 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Lol sorry. My kids have been home for 17 days straight. I’m a little edgy. 😂😂😂😂😂

sending out prayers... to go along with the tears of joy and love..

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 12/31/2019 at 3:28 PM, Muckypup61 said:

ij5napngmohb7be5wa7q.jpg

This is Kelcey, right? Wow! She is very pretty! Very photogenic!

Agreed, in some photos it looks like she’s concentrating too much. I’m excited for her to have a season under her belt and how she will truly shine. 

• Love 7
21 hours ago, KickPretty said:

It’s really funny! 😂😂😂

There are definitely some odd posts floating around SM.  FB, Twitter and mostly IG, that's your spot if you are lover of all things Victoria.  Otherwise, prepare to be jumped on by a pack of wild hyena Victoria defenders.

I'm grateful to have our one, sane corner of the internet to speak plainly.  I find most folks here well spoken whatever their views may be.

Occasionally, you find some interesting comments out in the wild.  Like the one below when Meredith initially didn't tag Victoria in a photo.  Or the Freudian slip one swapping out "proud" for "pound".

broken glass Vic_V2.jpg

pound of you 2.jpg

• LOL 17
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

With the obvious mistakes VK has made, does anyone know if K&J have addressed them with her?  How many times have we heard over the years that a mistake in the triangle is SO Visible.  Well, this year is the first time I’ve seen such an obvious mistake in the triangle so any news on whether they talked to her about it?

Seriously; I have to believe that those repeated mistakes must at least give Judy (“Lines! LINES!!”) nightmares... I’d love to know how Kelli talks her down from the ledge.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

Ok, so it’s Jalyn’s birthday today. I noticed how Hannah and Daphne are the only 2 DCC that have wished her a happy birthday on social media.  In fact, Erin wished Savannah a happy belated birthday today in her insta story but nothing to Jalyn. 

Any insiders know what Jalyn is like outside of DCC? Is she a good team mate? I think it’s odd how nobody has wished her a happy birthday and even the DCC Instagram and twitter made a post about it being her birthday. I saw there were some likes on the dcc Instagram post but nobody made a comment from what I could see. Very odd in my opinion. Just makes me further believe this could be Jalyns last season whether it’s her choice or not. 😕

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Ok, so it’s Jalyn’s birthday today. I noticed how Hannah and Daphne are the only 2 DCC that have wished her a happy birthday on social media.  In fact, Erin wished Savannah a happy belated birthday today in her insta story but nothing to Jalyn. 

Any insiders know what Jalyn is like outside of DCC? Is she a good team mate? I think it’s odd how nobody has wished her a happy birthday and even the DCC Instagram and twitter made a post about it being her birthday. I saw there were some likes on the dcc Instagram post but nobody made a comment from what I could see. Very odd in my opinion. Just makes me further believe this could be Jalyns last season whether it’s her choice or not. 😕

I wouldn’t read too much into it. It’s a holiday, so people might be enjoying the day with family or friends. 

• Love 5
Just now, UT2004gal said:

I wouldn’t read too much into it. It’s a holiday, so people might be enjoying the day with family or friends. 

Or still recovering from New Year's Eve. 🥂

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, UT2004gal said:

I don’t know...if Erin could wish Savannah a happy belated birthday today, certainly she could wish Jalyn a happy birthday too. Same with “liking” a post on Instagram. Is it really that hard to make a comment? People are on social media all the time, I don’t think recouping from the holiday is really that big of an excuse. Nobody can go without using their phones or not going on social media these days lol 🙈

• Love 1
Just now, TUOwl84 said:

I don’t know...if Erin could wish Savannah a happy belated birthday today, certainly she could wish Jalyn a happy birthday too. Same with “liking” a post on Instagram. Is it really that hard to make a comment? People are on social media all the time, I don’t think recouping from the holiday is really that big of an excuse. Nobody can go without using their phones or not going on social media these days lol 🙈

I know a lot of my friends take a SM break on holidays (smart move, LOL).  That's why I'm not reading anything into it.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Actually a lot of DCC have liked the DCC instagram post for Jalyn‘s Bday and Victoria was the 1st to write her a message under it. 

7534F3CF-B9EE-4B9A-AC00-A7E6B5242991.jpeg

7 minutes ago, NinjaMom11 said:

Actually a lot of DCC have liked the DCC instagram post for Jalyn‘s Bday and Victoria was the 1st to write her a message under it. 

7534F3CF-B9EE-4B9A-AC00-A7E6B5242991.jpeg

She is the only one I seen actually comment on that post. 

• Useful 1
22 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I bet almost all the DCC grew up in studios where “ballet wasn’t the focus“...that’s how competition dance is in this country.   Most comp studios, even quality ones, max out around 6-8 hours of ballet per week for their advanced dancers, where a ballet focused studio is doing like 16-20 - and that’s for kids who aren’t homeschooled.

Only exceptions on current squad probably Meredith and Erin - and you all saw how much they struggled w/ DCC style at first.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I didn't realize I shared a birthday with Jalyn. I wouldn't read too much into it, it's a holiday and a lot of people are recovering from NYE parties. 

13 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I bet almost all the DCC grew up in studios where “ballet wasn’t the focus“...that’s how competition dance is in this country.   Most comp studios, even quality ones, max out around 6-8 hours of ballet per week for their advanced dancers, where a ballet focused studio is doing like 16-20 - and that’s for kids who aren’t homeschooled.

Only exceptions on current squad probably Meredith and Erin - and you all saw how much they struggled w/ DCC style at first.  

You can not focus on ballet as a primary and still come away with a stronger core; which is what my comments were originally about. Victoria isn't the only DCC with lackluster technique, she also isn't the first and won't be the last, but unlike other blenders, she is being showcased in avenues that highlight her lack of technique where others would be hidden. 

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Yes!  Exactly this. I have a ballet background but I certainly wouldn’t judge a DCC for not focusing on that genre growing up. Look at Maddie and Kashara...obviously no ballet background there and everyone loves their dance style for what it is.  I can just appreciate each girl’s style & strong points that contribute to the team as a whole. It’d be so boring to see a bunch of technically perfect ballerinas out there! 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I wouldn't read too much into it, it's a holiday and a lot of people are recovering from NYE parties. 

BUT we all know if it were Victoria’s Bday...the narrative would be no one wished her happy bday because she’s a horrible person, proof she’s hated and they just wish she’d eat glass. Am I Right? 

• Love 3