Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Not necessarily in this case. In the move they're doing, their arms actually rise with them as they hit their leap and drop as they land. While there may be a millisecond or two off, Victoria's upper body and arms are hitting the same pose and at the same time as Caroline. Either VK couldn't hit the same height as Caroline and/or couldn't hold her leap as long as Caroline. It's likely a combination of both. 

Victoria has great leaps so I doubt that’s the case.   I look at countless group dance photos like these from dance competitions every year - they really capture some crazy moments of great dancers looking off when the dance looked fabulous and everyone together on stage - it’s particularly bad w/ synchronized turns.   Like you could go through and entire weekend worth of hundreds of photos taken of every group dance you will be lucky to find a handful where the majority of people look together when it’s an active dancing part of the piece.  Usually only good group dance photos are ones where the group is in a still pose.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • LOL 17
17 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

f3n7b0mlrvausasomqfx.jpg

As go4luca said above: always looking like she's having the time of her life.

Brigette’s legs look scary thin in that photo.   She’s seemed a little sad/off looking in a lot of these photos to me.  I hope she’s okay.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Brigette’s legs look scary thin in that photo.   She’s seemed a little sad/off looking in a lot of these photos to me.  I hope she’s okay.

Nope. She looks quite happy in almost every picture.

• Love 24
13 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

1. same

2. what I wonder is if she hadn’t told on herself would any of the demotion happened? 

I guess she was worried it would become public and that’s why she’s told them? I think it’s pretty shitty she came to them and they punished her for something that never even caused a scandal. I mean, Holly made point after her video. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I mean, Holly made point after her video. 

Can someone remind me about Holly and her video? Blonde Holly who went to PB? Or PM me, how do I not know anything about this?

• Useful 1
18 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

Nope. She looks quite happy in almost every picture.

She’s smiling, but her eyes look sad and worried to me.   She doesn’t look like she has in previous seasons to me.  I get vibes of what Kelly was noticing in that office visit.  If it’s related to the pressures of staying thin for DCC  it’s probably best she’s retiring (or per the rumors).

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I guess she was worried it would become public and that’s why she’s told them? I think it’s pretty shitty she came to them and they punished her for something that never even caused a scandal. I mean, Holly made point after her video. 

TPTB had to be REAL careful with how they reacted with the Holly situation — if anyone remembers, her leak was part of a much larger, much more widespread hack which included tons of actual celebrities. It was all over the news — it would have looked horrible on DCC and the Cowboys if Holly would have been pulled from point/cut/whatever in the midst of what was a huge news story.

So instead the “punishment” was she was never allowed to be an All-Star, which she very much wanted.

16 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

She looks great:)

Hannah looks ridiculous here. That is not a normal human waist. Please please please teach these girls how to properly photoshop.

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

TPTB had to be REAL careful with how they reacted with the Holly situation — if anyone remembers, her leak was part of a much larger, much more widespread hack which included tons of actual celebrities. It was all over the news — it would have looked horrible on DCC and the Cowboys if Holly would have been pulled from point/cut/whatever in the midst of what was a huge news story.

So instead the “punishment” was she was never allowed to be an All-Star, which she very much wanted.

Ahhhhh yes. That’s right. The All Star punishment. Kelli can be a petty beotch. 

• Love 7

1374432351_BridgetHipHopV2copy.jpg.2d3f4d6982ce90aba13c3be23cd741d9.jpg

7 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

She’s smiling, but her eyes look sad and worried to me.   She doesn’t look like she has in previous seasons to me.  I get vibes of what Kelly was noticing in that office visit.  If it’s related to the pressures of staying thin for DCC  it’s probably best she’s retiring (or per the rumors).

Am I correct in remembering Kelli said Bridget looked stronger this season?   I don't think K&J would put a sad girl at point but maybe that's just me.  Nor do I think the DCC SM pages would have featured Bridget.

To me, Bridget seemed to be taking it all in and enjoying every minute.  She appeared happy, animated and brought her usual bright smile.  Not a bad way to go out if she indeed does retire.  She will definitely be missed.

dccheerleaders_78972960_570456850178289_6585772849611121674_n.jpg

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 23
8 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Bridget looks great!  I’m sure some people or someone (cough VK) is hoping she will retire, less competition.  Honestly, Bridget seems sweet, intelligent, and respected (unlike someone else).  Bridget could retire instead of having to deal with the childish antics of VK and TPTB.  I hope she doesn’t because she is a great dancer and is a mature person, but dealing with the politics of situations can be taxing.  Speaking from experience. 

Also, I’m surprised they would punish Heather for something that wasn’t her fault.  If that were to get out in the news it could make for a big story.  Especially with the way things have been going with victim movements.  K and J should tread lightly in that area.  It was a personal phone that was hacked, she is the victim in that situation.  Nobody expects that to happen just like no one expects their identity to be stolen.  

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, Amk2017 said:

Also, I’m surprised they would punish Heather for something that wasn’t her fault.

If your boss warns you not to do something because of what has happened in the past, and you do it anyway, I'm assuming they will be upset with you. 

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Some people have weird perceptions of scary/too thin. Lol and Victoria has never, ever, ever made any mistakes. 

And the mistakes she makes are made by all phenomenal dancers, they just happen to only catch Victoria on camera. Baryshnikov fell out of 50% of his turns in the 70's, but the KGB confiscated all the footage.

• LOL 18
  • Love 3

Like you could go through and entire weekend worth of hundreds of photos taken of every group dance you will be lucky to find a handful where the majority of people look together when it’s an active dancing part of the piece. 

9 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

I can't say I share that same experience.  I have seen dancers who have precision and synchronicity - live and captured in photos.  Technique and training instills muscle memory.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
Just now, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I don't think VK is the only one that makes mistakes. Lots of other girls have been pointed out. I'm just saying some people will never admit or accept that she did something wrong. All they do is defend her and act like she's doing everything right. 🤷

Yeah, lots of riding to her rescue.

• Love 21

@ShellyB, do you know why TPTB chose not to have These Boots Are Made For Talkin' podcasts with this season's squad?  I understand Courtney McKenna is no longer with the organization but hoped they'd find a replacement & continue them.  I enjoyed learning more about the girls.  Are there plans to bring the podcasts back?

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

If your boss warns you not to do something because of what has happened in the past, and you do it anyway, I'm assuming they will be upset with you. 

The truth of the matter is, in a normal place of employment if you were penalized in your job for being the victim of a crime, you would sue your employer. 

• Love 13

do you know why TPTB chose not to have These Boots Are Made For Talkin' podcasts with this season's squad? 

I'm not a fan past the show so I didn't know the podcast had ceased. Can I say the jaded skeptic in me says that this is convenient? You have a disgruntled group - many who have nothing to lose because they are retiring - too much of a liability to give them a forum to air dirty laundry. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

I'm not a fan past the show so I didn't know the podcast had ceased. Can I say the jaded skeptic in me says that this is convenient? You have a disgruntled group - many who have nothing to lose because they are retiring - too much of a liability to give them a forum to air dirty laundry. 

This!!! There are no coincidences in the world of DCC, there's a reason they don't do the podcast anymore... 

• Love 10
51 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

The lady (or ladies) doth protests too much me thinks. TBH if Aunt Kelli promised her a spot - and that was it, VK can blend.  It's the trying to make Fetch happen, the solos, et al is what is pissing people off.  Ok, I don't want to speak for anyone - it's pissing me off.  Don't tell me you have a world class team; full of integrity and all and then showcase a hack who can't even point her feet.  

Kelli was correct when she told Dayton that as a legacy she is scrutinized even more.  That's the way it SHOULD be. Yet VK is given a pass - on weight, on ability, and even on theft. 

Exactly; well-said!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, DCCdoll said:

Pretty sure it’s the outfit, but Kelsey might need to go on WW too. Also , Maddie might be retiring.. her knee is bandaged up, don’t know how much more of this her knee can take. 

https://ibb.co/QkgLLDt
https://ibb.co/3pPxpq7

Thjnk it’s just positioning on kelsey

1 hour ago, Jennv said:

And the mistakes she makes are made by all phenomenal dancers, they just happen to only catch Victoria on camera. Baryshnikov fell out of 50% of his turns in the 70's, but the KGB confiscated all the footage.

Wtf does Baryshnikov have to do with DCC? Those pesky Russians! 

1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

I love how we can’t possibly judge VK’s technique from photos and clips showing her out of sync or not completing her moves repeatedly, yet we can tell that Bridget is depressed from these photos were she’s smiling brightly. I guess it’s true these girls can’t win

Amen

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I don't think VK is the only one that makes mistakes. Lots of other girls have been pointed out. I'm just saying some people will never admit or accept that she did something wrong. All they do is defend her and act like she's doing everything right. 🤷

On SM I read people defending her mistake when she came up a count early! Things like: 

She keeps being moved around, you can’t expect her to be perfect when every week she’s in a new spot.

That’s why she’s the best, the only one they trust enough to be in a different spot each week

It’s really funny! 😂😂😂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Uhh if your boss warns you not to be victim of a crime, and then you become victim of a crime anyway, they would be upset with you?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, PhillyFan said:

Uhh if your boss warns you not to be victim of a crime, and then you become victim of a crime anyway, they would be upset with you?

For argument's sake, leave out the crime part. If they told the girls not to store nude photos of themselves on their phones, and they somehow found out that one of them did exactly that (without the photos ever having been hacked or stolen), would they then be justified in saying she broke the rules?

I'm 100% opposed to blaming the victim for the actual crime, but the crime was stealing the photos. Having the photos to begin with is a separate issue (and yes, you could certainly say that the DCC has no right to make rules like that, but given that this is an organization that literally writes their body weight into their contracts, I think that ship has sailed).

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Blue hues said:

Bridget looks great and genuinely joyful!  Is this deflection from the VK topic?  

It’s kind of telling, when someone shares a negative opinion about someone on the team other than Victoria...and posters will accuse them of only saying something they don’t agree with, just to deflect negative attention away from VK.  Maybe...just maybe...they’re sharing what they really think...and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with Victoria. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Honestly, it doesn’t sound like such a big punishment. She was point for 2 years plus PB, that’s still better than occasionally making appearances as an all star. Heather’s nudes weren’t even leaked and she was demoted (hasn’t happened ever before) and was refused pretty much everything one of the only 4 upper vets deserved. I’m sorry but had this not happened, there’s no way Amy and Tess would have gotten the spots they did. They punished Jenna for not being honest and then punished Heather for being extremely honest and upfront. Riiight...

Right- the all star thing is petty. Meaning it’s not a big punishment. Never said it was.... but not allowing someone to be an All Star as a punishment is petty. Hence, me posting that Kelli is a petty beotch. 

And I basically said the same thing you did regarding punishing Heather for being honest in a different post. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, rafibomb said:

For argument's sake, leave out the crime part. If they told the girls not to store nude photos of themselves on their phones, and they somehow found out that one of them did exactly that (without the photos ever having been hacked or stolen), would they then be justified in saying she broke the rules?

I'm 100% opposed to blaming the victim for the actual crime, but the crime was stealing the photos. Having the photos to begin with is a separate issue (and yes, you could certainly say that the DCC has no right to make rules like that, but given that this is an organization that literally writes their body weight into their contracts, I think that ship has sailed).

It’s just so far beyond the pale for an employer to dictate what can be on an employees private device, that I can’t even begin to justify that. It would only be acceptable for an employer to even talk about it if it were a phone provided by and paid for by the organization. 

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, PhillyFan said:

It’s just so far beyond the pale for an employer to dictate what can be on an employees private device, that I can’t even begin to justify that. It would only be acceptable for an employer to even talk about it if it were a phone provided by and paid for by the organization. 

If we were talking about a normal job, I'd agree with you. But it would also be beyond the pale for a normal employer to dictate an employee's weight or hair color or note that she has a "thut," and yet, here we are. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, NinjaMom11 said:

It’s kind of telling, when someone shares a negative opinion about someone on the team other than Victoria...and posters will accuse them of only saying something they don’t agree with, just to deflect negative attention away from VK.  Maybe...just maybe...they’re sharing what they really think...and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with Victoria. 

Pretty sure that's the first time. Lol. 

• Love 1