Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Look who got a solo dcc in motion 

13 hours ago, go4luca said:

The more TPTB shove Victoria down our throats, the more I can't stand her. Just STOP.   There are so many more deserving ladies who should have their opportunity to shine.

I also wish they’d stop shoving her down our throats and maybe our hatred for her would stop organically.  I actually really like this solo (surprised myself that I think that), she looks really pretty.  

Also, Merry Christmas my fellow MTT lovers/haters 🥰🥰🥰🥰

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, Blue hues said:

Would love to know what her team mates think of this special video.  Why her and Gina?  Gina is a fab dancer, yet they highlight only one rookie, over and over,

I hope Gina takes the time to recover after her surgery so she is ready for auditions, and that there isn't a subtle pressure on her to come back sooner.  

• Love 7
9 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

I know nothing, zilch, zero about dance but I think her solo is OK.  She seems to me like she dances heavy.  She barely gets off the floor on her jumps.  But what do I know....🤷‍♀️...maybe it’s supposed to be that way.  I certainly couldn’t do it!  

This is me too. Maybe it's designed to be this way. But it looks like it lacks control. Her legs snap back too fast or something.  I mean she's a good dancer. I don't mind her at all. But I'm not sure this dance deserves a rookie solo spotlight.

• Love 7

The Christmas photo bothers me because the left side is perfectly synced height wise and the right side isn’t. Daphne and Gina should have swapped. 

Edited by Katmcc
Spelling mistake
  • Love 2
On 12/24/2019 at 9:56 PM, TorProc said:

I really like VK. I know I’m in the minority though. Yea she was/is immature, but so was I at 19. 

ETA: I think this solo is good! 

I am with you! She is young, and seems to really have matured in the last year. I'm watching with untrained eyes, but I think she is a fantastic dancer and this showcases her talent.

I don't think it is fair to speculate why she was chosen to do a solo. However, having said that, I did wonder why it was her, as she has been featured already and many others have not. My only complaint would be that I want to see all of the cheerleaders featured. And who knows......maybe that will happen.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Simply gorgeous.

Beautiful photo of Rachel W!  Even her eyes are lively here!  Would love to see her, Gina, Bridget, Caroline, Chandi, or Amanda get some camera time!  Preferable solos of veterans, but just some attention to another, any other rookie would be nice!  Spread the love!  And hoping Kelli can grow a backbone and stop pandering to the Kalinas and give others a chance to shine!

• Love 24
11 hours ago, Blue hues said:

And hoping Kelli can grow a backbone and stop pandering to the Kalinas and give others a chance to shine!

With Victoria being featured so much, I keep wondering if Tina and Kelli are having an affair or something.  

*waves in case K is reading this*

• LOL 16
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

With Victoria being featured so much, I keep wondering if Tina and Kelli are having an affair or something.  

Or Tina (and maybe her husband) having dirt on Kelli or the DCC. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

Apparently Victoria made the Finglass Family Calendar for next year.  I don't know if Tina made it:)

Kelli gets obsessed very easily and when she does, she goes all out.  Look at what happened after she saw Bohemian Rhapsody.  Look at what happens when she wants a girl who isn't ready to be on the squad.

I think she has become obsessed with Victoria as the ideal DCC, the face of the organization.  Victoria is that little girl she watched grow up, who has been training for this her whole life.  To Kelli, VK is a beautiful dancer, a beautiful girl, has the best hair, the best legs, the whole package.  She has matured and overcome the issues of her first year in TCC.  So now, she is featured on the show, across social media, in the triangle, etc.  She goes on more appearances than other rookies, even when it isn't for show group.  And I can see Kelli being obsessed with preserving the image she has created by removing any videos where Victoria isn't perfect.  I think there is pressure on not just the squad, but on others involved with the organization to defend VK at every opportunity, even when it would be just as easy to remain quiet.

• Love 11
54 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Amanda has a really pretty midsection in the picture above (that is Amanda isn't it?).  But then again, most of them do!

Were you referencing this post?  

Or  80769985_10156521309926035_7663368575540

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
Can't type or spell today
24 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Apparently Victoria made the Finglass Family Calendar for next year.  I don't know if Tina made it:)

Kelli gets obsessed very easily and when she does, she goes all out.  Look at what happened after she saw Bohemian Rhapsody.  Look at what happens when she wants a girl who isn't ready to be on the squad.

I think she has become obsessed with Victoria as the ideal DCC, the face of the organization.  Victoria is that little girl she watched grow up, who has been training for this her whole life.  To Kelli, VK is a beautiful dancer, a beautiful girl, has the best hair, the best legs, the whole package.  She has matured and overcome the issues of her first year in TCC.  So now, she is featured on the show, across social media, in the triangle, etc.  She goes on more appearances than other rookies, even when it isn't for show group.  And I can see Kelli being obsessed with preserving the image she has created by removing any videos where Victoria isn't perfect.  I think there is pressure on not just the squad, but on others involved with the organization to defend VK at every opportunity, even when it would be just as easy to remain quiet.

Another reason Kelli needs to retire. Her obsessions are taking over to the point of where it gets weird, and turned into a Lifetime movie.

• LOL 10
  • Love 14
26 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

1 minute ago, cheeseslices said:

Another reason Kelli needs to retire. Her obsessions are taking over to the point of where it gets weird, and turned into a Lifetime movie.

If Kelli's so "obsessed" with Victoria why did she cut her last year and not just let her slide by (I have no opinion of Victoria either way and could care less when or if she ever made the squad).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Dnst1973 said:

Anyone know how Gina is doing? Has she had  surgery? What kind of recovery is she looking at? 

Have other girls had this surgery and come back? 

Wasn't it Brooke Sorenson who tore her ACL, had surgery and returned the following season?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Kelli is trying to make amends for having cut VK last year (after essentially promising her a spot). TK was furious, and Kelli has gone overboard with giving VK goodies as a way of trying to make it up to her.  She doesn’t seem to care that she’s alienating the other girls as well as a significant part of the DCC fan base. 

If I were Samantha Finglass I'd run FAR away from DCC.  Doesn't look like she ever has aspirations of auditioning anyway.  Maybe that's another reason Kelli is going overboard with Victoria.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
51 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

If I were Samantha Finglass I'd run FAR away from DCC.  Doesn't look like she ever has aspirations of auditioning anyway.  Maybe that's another reason Kelli is going overboard with Victoria.

Holly P tried to blow some smoke up Sam’s ass for a hot second talking about auditioning, and she does have a competitive cheer background but girl cannot dance. I thjnk they’ve all come to Jesus and know she is not DCC material and are good with it. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

Wasn't it Brooke Sorenson who tore her ACL, had surgery and returned the following season?

It was during the middle of her second season. She ended up staying on the team even though she didn’t perform much (or at all if I remember correctly).

6 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Amanda has a really pretty midsection in the picture above (that is Amanda isn't it?).  But then again, most of them do!

Amanda has a perfect body. Fit but not scrawny, curves, juicy booty, she is goals. She is another one who looks like she is having the time of her life dancing. 

• Love 12
33 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Holly P tried to blow some smoke up Sam’s ass for a hot second talking about auditioning, and she does have a competitive cheer background but girl cannot dance. 

Didn't see/hear this.  Details please! Send me a PM so we don't derail the Current Team thread.

33 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Didn't see/hear this.  Details please! Send me a PM so we don't derail the Current Team thread.

Sorry not trying to derail and Amanda looks great.

Nothing really PM worthy, Holly basically was all BFFs with Sam and always at their house that first year. Everybody but Kelli and Sam saw how fake it was but they were enamored. Sam even went to some prep classes and Holly would make comments about when they would be on the team together. Soon as she solidified her rookie spot she was suddenly besties with Jenna so 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• Useful 5
1 hour ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Sorry not trying to derail and Amanda looks great.

Nothing really PM worthy, Holly basically was all BFFs with Sam and always at their house that first year. Everybody but Kelli and Sam saw how fake it was but they were enamored. Sam even went to some prep classes and Holly would make comments about when they would be on the team together. Soon as she solidified her rookie spot she was suddenly besties with Jenna so 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Mods can move this to the appropriate place because it’s not really this season.

But I don’t think Holly needed to get chummy with Sam in order to make the team or even make show group as a rookie.  The girl was a star and was/is the best performer DCC has ever had.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
36 minutes ago, KickPretty said:

Mods can move this to the appropriate place because it’s not really this season.

But I don’t think Holly needed to get chummy with Sam in order to make the team or even make show group as a rookie.  The girl was a star and was/is the best performer DCC has ever had.

I don’t think she’s the best performer by a long shot. No she didn’t need to do all that to make it, but she still did. 

Anyway, back to this season, I prob would like VK and her loud mouth if they weren’t trying to sell her as Gods gift to DCC. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Anyway, back to this season, I prob would like VK and her loud mouth if they weren’t trying to sell her as Gods gift to DCC. 

I feel bad for the rest of the squad.  I do wonder how many will retire because of the situation.  They should film themselves at prep classes/dance studios and post it on their own IG accounts.  Probably the only way we will get to see them.

• Love 10
On 12/25/2019 at 9:48 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Simply gorgeous.

I really don't feel I'm exaggerating one bit when I say that on a scale of 1 to 10, Rachel W. is at least a hard 15 in the looks department. Kat looks nice as well. Thanks for sharing @scorpio1031 !

• Love 15
On 12/24/2019 at 12:11 AM, fawn said:

I agree....I don't understand the backlash against her dancing. (I don't know about her personality but it seems enough of the team like her) I've seen enough of her dancing to know she is NOT a dance risk - at all. She is not in show group & not anywhere near the front of the triangle.

I work in this dance business...like full time. I know a good dancer, a sucky dancer, and the ones that get by with tricks...Caroline, Jayln, Hannah, Gina, Erin, and Amber are the strongest dancers from what i have seen. There are the recital school types.. (Amy)..and some that are showstoppers in performance but are not really the technical darings that some may think...Amanda, Bridget, etc (although I like them both a lot) and tricksters like Maddie...(who I do like, seems to be a good, humble leader, but outside of DCC would not get booked)

A lot of pro ballet companies are stacked with good, dependable dancers, nice bodies that do not fluctuate in weight, and are needed to fill the vast amount of choreography, and to make that choreography look good. They are not hired to move up in ranks...they are hired for what they are.

If I had Kelli's job...there are others I would have on the chopping block before Christina. I remember the fuss about her awhile back because she was making 'excuses' about having an injury in TC. I've been in that situation before...its shitty. You want something so badly, but you literally can't do some of the audition requirements. You have to make a choice. When I run auditions...I'v had dancers cautiously come up to me and explain their injury/issue. In 2 seconds I can tell if it's real or an excuse. If I had been in TC and had an injury, I would keep it to myself and only disclose if it got to the point it was going to get me cut. None of this is new or shocking...its the same scenario being played out in many different types of dance auditions. DCC is an 8 week audition...yikes...that is crazy and completely unnecessary. 

It's always nice to see an evaluation from someone who is in the business/who has danced for years, who can explain stuff.  I danced in HS and was in our modern dance theatre in college, but beyond that, I just dance for fun.  I am, by NO means, an expert 🙂  so I leave that up to those of you who are!! 

• Love 4
On 12/26/2019 at 12:11 AM, Blue hues said:

Beautiful photo of Rachel W!  Even her eyes are lively here!  Would love to see her, Gina, Bridget, Caroline, Chandi, or Amanda get some camera time! 

I agree...this is the first time I've seen a smile touch her eyes 🙂 She's gorgeous and is even more so when her smile is genuine and not a pageant put on smile!! 🙂

• Love 9
On 12/24/2019 at 11:45 AM, dccfan204 said:

My predictions for next year:

Retiring: Amy, Maddie, Heather, Lexie, Christina

Group leaders: Tess, Miranda, Alexis, Gina

Second leaders: Ashlee, Caroline, Bridget, Amber (or Savannah, Molly, and Rachel A since they would be the other 4th years left)

I think, in response to a question on IG, Maddie said she'd be back for a 5th season.  So I fully expect she will be Group 1 leader.  Gina, Miranda and Alexis would be my guess for the other 3 groups if they all return.  I didn't include Tess, because I'm really hoping she retires.  She is beautiful but I always forget she's there. 

My thoughts on who may retire: Amy (confirmed) Lexie (basically confirmed)...after that...I have no clue.  I do "think" Heather, Christina and Savannah will probably retire, but who knows?  There could be a mass exodus or this could be one of the smallest groups retiring in a long time. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

There could be a mass exodus or this could be one of the smallest groups retiring in a long time. 

When is banquet?  We hopefully will get a handle on those retiring by or around then (unless, like I've brought up before, Kelli's told them to keep a lit on it until Auditions).

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

Has PBC been announced?  I haven't been on the past few days and I am playing catch up 🙂

Will be announced Sunday 

29 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

When is banquet?  We hopefully will get a handle on those retiring by or around then (unless, like I've brought up before, Kelli's told them to keep a lit on it until Auditions).

Banquet is in April 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2