Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Cappuccinagina said:

*holds out empty tea cup* How is she hurting the brand? 

I was wondering that, too.  Christina has never been one of my favorites, but in the clips I’ve seen from this year, she looks and dances better than she ever has.  

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Jazzhands said:

I was wondering that, too.  Christina has never been one of my favorites, but in the clips I’ve seen from this year, she looks and dances better than she ever has.  

She's definitely improved since getting called into Kelli's office during TC.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

She's definitely improved since getting called into Kelli's office during TC.

it's a shame, that someone who tried out how many times and then finally made the squad, was complacent for her first two years, and is only now improving cause she got called in.

• Love 3
On 12/21/2019 at 9:52 PM, TUOwl84 said:

Here’s a pic I seen on FB.  Is Amanda in front of Jalyn? 

3463BDEB-8C1C-46A0-889A-F3F5742F580B.jpeg

TPTB really need to reconsider the Xmas shorts they are soooo short look at Amanda's ass for Gods sake, I’m not a prude but jeezevery year these outfits in particular get hotter & shorter... 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, ByTor said:

Well...in Kelli's defense... 😄 

daaaaaaang #IceCold 😂

12 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I think Savanna and Molly will retire.  I really hope that Christina does -- she's by far the worst dancer and, in my opinion, is really hurting the brand (at a time when the brand needs all the help it can get).

Will let others talk about Christina and Savannah. But I really like Molly. Is gorgeous and always seems very nice.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I think Savanna and Molly will retire.  I really hope that Christina does -- she's by far the worst dancer and, in my opinion, is really hurting the brand (at a time when the brand needs all the help it can get).

Have to politely disagree. I think that Meredith would hold that title, although I think she will improve with time.. Christina IMO is certainly not doing anything to hurt the brand, the only thing that may hurt the brand would be decisions that are solely based on nepotism.

• Love 18
On 12/21/2019 at 8:35 AM, UnicornKicksBack said:

I think Cianna is way over hyped but she is not out of step. It’s hard to get exact copies of every single count on every single frame from every single angle. 

Agree on all counts.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Who are considered the 4 weakest dancers?

Hard call this year. Meredith, Kat, Christina, Lily. Savannah has improved and is really well rounded. 

I totally forget about some like new Taylor, Kristen, Lisa, and feel like Savannah, Molly, Alexis have been shoved to the blender/we’re over you pile, and they’re trying their best to send Gina and Heather. Then nothing against Rachel A, but not sure why they’re promoting her as much as they are. Same with Cianna and Ashlee. 

y’all know I will never comprehend how Maddie/Amy are Point and Lexie is in the triangle. Lexie is pretty but looks trashy Girls Next door out dated and dances Middle of the pack. Maddie is all half assed kiddie competition tricks. Amy is boring as hell. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I know it’s still very early to speculate but based on all the info above, I’m curious to see who will be a group leader next year. 

Amy, Lexie, Heather are likely retiring. Who knows (and who cares) about Tess. Gina is injured but hopefully back.  Alexis will probably stay?  Caroline and possibly Ashlee seem like shoo-ins for second group leaders, based on how much they are featured. Daphne seems likely too, if she stays.  Same with favorites Bridget and Amber.  

Not even going to consider VK as group leader in her second year, although I think they will highlight her ability to move around the triangle as an example of stepping up.  

Edited by Stee
  • Love 5
47 minutes ago, Stee said:

I know it’s still very early to speculate but based on all the info above, I’m curious to see who will be a group leader next year. 

Amy, Lexie, Heather are likely retiring. Who knows (and who cares) about Tess. Gina is injured but hopefully back.  Alexis will probably stay?  Caroline and possibly Ashlee seem like shoo-ins for second group leaders, based on how much they are featured. Daphne seems likely too, if she stays.  Same with favorites Bridget and Amber.  

Not even going to consider VK as group leader in her second year, although I think they will highlight her ability to move around the triangle as an example of stepping up.  

My predictions for next year:

Retiring: Amy, Maddie, Heather, Lexie, Christina

Group leaders: Tess, Miranda, Alexis, Gina

Second leaders: Ashlee, Caroline, Bridget, Amber (or Savannah, Molly, and Rachel A since they would be the other 4th years left)

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Second leaders: Ashlee, Caroline, Bridget, Amber (or Savannah, Molly, and Rachel A since they would be the other 4th years left)

Wouldn’t be suprised if Miranda, Alexis, Savannah all retire and I’m wondering about Molly. If anyone stays for 5 it’s going to be Tess and Maddie.

I want Gina to retire out of pride. I really feel like the past few years it’s been more obvious with Kelli etc turning on a dime and her faves being either totally dropped and fan faves being reduced to background blenders. Have we even seen Molly, Savannah or Alexis at all this year?

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

My predictions are 

retiring amy heather Lexie Christina molly Miranda 

group leaders Tess maddie Alexis Gina 

assistant gls Bridget ashlee Caroline Rachel a 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, fawn said:

I agree....I don't understand the backlash against her dancing. (I don't know about her personality but it seems enough of the team like her) I've seen enough of her dancing to know she is NOT a dance risk - at all. She is not in show group & not anywhere near the front of the triangle.

I work in this dance business...like full time. I know a good dancer, a sucky dancer, and the ones that get by with tricks...Caroline, Jayln, Hannah, Gina, Erin, and Amber are the strongest dancers from what i have seen. There are the recital school types.. (Amy)..and some that are showstoppers in performance but are not really the technical darings that some may think...Amanda, Bridget, etc (although I like them both a lot) and tricksters like Maddie...(who I do like, seems to be a good, humble leader, but outside of DCC would not get booked)

A lot of pro ballet companies are stacked with good, dependable dancers, nice bodies that do not fluctuate in weight, and are needed to fill the vast amount of choreography, and to make that choreography look good. They are not hired to move up in ranks...they are hired for what they are.

If I had Kelli's job...there are others I would have on the chopping block before Christina. I remember the fuss about her awhile back because she was making 'excuses' about having an injury in TC. I've been in that situation before...its shitty. You want something so badly, but you literally can't do some of the audition requirements. You have to make a choice. When I run auditions...I'v had dancers cautiously come up to me and explain their injury/issue. In 2 seconds I can tell if it's real or an excuse. If I had been in TC and had an injury, I would keep it to myself and only disclose if it got to the point it was going to get me cut. None of this is new or shocking...its the same scenario being played out in many different types of dance auditions. DCC is an 8 week audition...yikes...that is crazy and completely unnecessary. 

Really enjoyed your take on it! 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, TB12 said:

TPTB really need to reconsider the Xmas shorts they are soooo short look at Amanda's ass for Gods sake, I’m not a prude but jeez every year these outfits in particular get shorter & shorter... 

Had to fix that I can't believe it said hotter and shorter completely contradicts what my message of inappropriate outfits go figure...

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
On 12/23/2019 at 11:09 PM, Lona said:

daaaaaaang #IceCold 😂

Will let others talk about Christina and Savannah. But I really like Molly. Is gorgeous and always seems very nice.

Love Molly!  I think she would be great as a GL.  I hope she stays.  I could see the rookies looking up to her.

Edited by Opine
  • Love 7
On 12/23/2019 at 7:17 AM, Agent Gully said:

I'm definitely a Christina fan, IMO she has looked very impressive this year in terms of her dance.

I don’t dislike Christina, but she was pretty weak at auditions. I haven’t paid much attention to anyone over the season, so I’ll take you at your word!

I agree Christina’s dancing has improved this season, especially since her sit-down/come-to-Jesus meetings with Kelli. My problem with her is I think she always looks tired (facially) and how shall I say this.... a bit past her prime. I know that sounds unkind, but to me she is the very opposite of fresh-faced or vibrant. (I would say the same about Lily.)

Edited by Blndee6
  • Love 13
14 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Look who got a solo dcc in motion 

13 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Is she now the first one with a solo for DCC in Motion? 

9 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

No Maddie did one by herself 

I was just coming here to post this too.  I actually really like it. Does anyone know if that was her audition solo?

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Look who got a solo dcc in motion 

Tptb are determined to showcase her. I stopped watching the redemption season of future point Victoria and I’m about to stop following DCC social media. Which makes me sad, I’ve been a fan for years.

• Love 20
11 hours ago, dccfan321 said:

Really enjoyed your take on it! 

thanks....it;s just my observation. This style of dance is really in a bubble....there are many strong dancers (technically) who would struggle with this and others who may not be classically/traditonally trained - but can pull this style off and look great. It's one of the reason I really like Erin...I can see her ballet training and yet she is able to dance this style and make it look effortless. My background is 100% ballet, so observing the team in general and how it;s structured, has been really fascinating! 

• Love 10
12 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Wouldn’t be suprised if Miranda, Alexis, Savannah all retire and I’m wondering about Molly. If anyone stays for 5 it’s going to be Tess and Maddie.

I want Gina to retire out of pride. I really feel like the past few years it’s been more obvious with Kelli etc turning on a dime and her faves being either totally dropped and fan faves being reduced to background blenders. Have we even seen Molly, Savannah or Alexis at all this year?

yes about Gina and the rotating favorite train. Would not want to be a favorite...it would just be a matter of time before my ticket expired.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

So I kinda hate that VK solo. Yeah she’s better when she doesn’t ha e to be in sync with anyone, but girl still has meh extensions and looks like she doesn’t fully complete extensions, leaps, turns, etc plus I HATE any writhing and rolling on the floor choreo. 

The theory mentioned after the first video was that VK adds dramatic emphasis with gestures, motions, skirt lifting, etc to hide her lack of technique.

• Useful 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
6 hours ago, kacesq said:

Tptb are determined to showcase her. I stopped watching the redemption season of future point Victoria and I’m about to stop following DCC social media. Which makes me sad, I’ve been a fan for years.

Same to all of this. I used to follow dcc like crazy and refreshed this board constantly. I stopped watching this last season and only skim this board periodically

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

I have kept my mouth shut about VK — because what do I really know based off tidbits a reality show displays? But this is hands down ridiculous. To be clear I like the video. It has very nice musicality. She appears pretty and skillfully talented. But as an earlier poster pointed out, the only receiver of a solo DCC in motion video is Maddie: a senior vet who shares point of the triangle. Where is Amy’s solo video? Gina’s? Bridget’s? Any vet that clearly has a great solo to showcase? It’s Christmas Eve and I feel pathetic posting about this. Certainly can’t blame VK. Only the leadership that keeps doing this stuff over and over. For the love of God, please stop. 

Preach! I second all of this.

• Love 14
26 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

80687895_10156520942781035_7810405956285

Amanda is really becoming a fave to me. She has personality and showmanship, plus technique to back it up. Seriously she, Hannah, Bridget, and Brianna are faves right now. The first three are amazing performers and Brianna is who I want to be when I grow up lol. That girl has it TOGETHER.

• Love 15
12 hours ago, go4luca said:

The more TPTB shove Victoria down our throats, the more I can't stand her. Just STOP.   There are so many more deserving ladies who should have their opportunity to shine.

I know nothing, zilch, zero about dance but I think her solo is OK.  She seems to me like she dances heavy.  She barely gets off the floor on her jumps.  But what do I know....🤷‍♀️...maybe it’s supposed to be that way.  I certainly couldn’t do it!  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8