Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

On 12/25/2019 at 2:24 AM, chrishunt said:

Same to all of this. I used to follow dcc like crazy and refreshed this board constantly. I stopped watching this last season and only skim this board periodically

Same here. This team lacks class IMO but nobody asked me. (But now I have to find out about the Christina meeting -if anyone wants to give me a quick synopsis)

• Love 4
On 12/25/2019 at 12:00 PM, Opine said:

I don't understand.....she is a heavy dancer and dances at a level that THOUSANDS of high school girls do.  That and her "acting" sucks and is complicated by inappropriate facials due to an inability to close her mouth.  Maddie Ziegler could dance rings around her when she was 10...….  How is this helping us like her?  As Kitty said, don't try to do shit you can't do.  

"heavy dancer" that's exactly what I couldn't put into words! gravity is strong with this one

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, sATL said:

and no one knows why, yet ?  hmmmm.

Hopefully it is good news for the next chapter in her life   - like a new hubby (who wants to live elsewhere), want to go to grad school elsewhere , want to be back in CA with family, job/career pursuits... 

She also might be tired after being a pro cheerleader for five years overall.  Danielle cheered 8 years overall, I think it was.  Can still do a jump split:)  But luckily no major injuries from cheering.  Knock wood!!!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, NinjaMom11 said:

But certainly debunks the “family money, dad owns a business at the Star, spoiled Veruca” narrative. They live a happy successful middle class life in a modest 3 bedroom, 2 bath home, giving their 18 year old daughter a mid range car before graduating high school.  Definitely not a spoiled brat life.  

Based on what we've been shown, it's a shame that she ACTS like a spoiled brat. (Disclaimer, I don't know VK and am only commenting on her behavior on the show).

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, Leia1021 said:

Based on what we've been shown, it's a shame that she ACTS like a spoiled brat. (Disclaimer, I don't know VK and am only commenting on her behavior on the show).

“Spoiled brat” is putting it mildly. She has made life miserable for quite a few girls, yet continually paints herself as the victim. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sunnydays5691 said:

Same here. This team lacks class IMO but nobody asked me. (But now I have to find out about the Christina meeting -if anyone wants to give me a quick synopsis)

Her performance and appearance this year were lackluster compared to last year.  She scored low at auditions and judges thought something might be wrong.  Christina said she had a new job working 8-5 and she was tired.  She had to get used to her new schedule with work, the commute and practice.

Longtime lurker/first time poster here. Does anyone know why Miranda is so low on the leader board? I remember her being super low on the board this past season. I know she's not the strongest dancer, but she seems like a great representative and teammate and is arguably a better dancer than Savannah (who's way up at the top).

Edited by superbity
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, NinjaMom11 said:

Not debating how much dad makes, it’s none of my business.  I’m sure he works hard to provide for all 3 kids & their dreams, but just know for a fact Victoria worked to help pay monthly tuition at the studio she danced at for 17 years and although she did win scholarships to master choreo classes to many places & her parents paid for her travel to those, she never left her home studio.  
Other than that, I have no first hand knowledge other than they truly live a very modest life. Just definitely not the rich spoiled trust baby impression I had.  

As discussed before: the issue is Victoria’s preferential treatment which is beyond any shadow of a doubt, not that she is a horrible/spoiled person.

Victoria is not a Melissa Wallace dancing better than anyone else on the team.

Victoria could be on point but since there are so many very deserving point girls her senior, her making point before her 5th year, and even later would normally be difficult since Amanda and Kelcey are from her year and better than Victoria on every single department.

• Love 22
9 hours ago, NinjaMom11 said:

100% agree and actually my point.  I got the impression from this and other sites she was a typical rich spoiled trust fund kid. Someone had said Dad owned several restaurants and he bought her spot on the team. I’m just a bit embarrassed I spread and repeated the same until I was proven completely wrong. VK is definitely the real deal.  She’s worked hard and earned everything she’s getting now. 

Uhm, no one said her daddy bought her spot on the team. We all agree that it was TK. I can’t help but laugh at these arguments we keep on having, especially since so many posters agree that while they like VK (your choice, fine by me), no rookie should be getting this kind of treatment. Not that a vet should be getting everything either, especially a mediocre at best. We’ve had so many superstars on the team that no one would ever be convinced that VK is so much better than all of them so she deserved a premium spot or 3 videos etc.

7 hours ago, NinjaMom11 said:

But certainly debunks the “family money, dad owns a business at the Star, spoiled Veruca” narrative. They live a happy successful middle class life in a modest 3 bedroom, 2 bath home, giving their 18 year old daughter a mid range car before graduating high school.  Definitely not a spoiled brat life.  

It’s not the money that make you spoiled. Just some food for thought.

1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

As discussed before: the issue is Victoria’s preferential treatment which is beyond any shadow of a doubt, not that she is a horrible/spoiled person.

Victoria could be on point but since there are so many very deserving point girls her senior, her making point before her 5th year, and even later would normally be difficult since Amanda and Kelcey are from her year and better than Victoria on every single department.

Well, did Amanda and Kelcey come out of Tina’s vajayjay? No? Then unfortunately they aren’t better than Victoria in the only ‘department’ that matters.

• LOL 4
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

As discussed before: the issue is Victoria’s preferential treatment which is beyond any shadow of a doubt, not that she is a horrible/spoiled person

1 hour ago, Pau84 said:
42 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Uhm, no one said her daddy bought her spot on the team. We all agree that it was TK. I can’t help but laugh at these arguments we keep on having, especially since so many posters agree...

Yes...LOL...these things are literally exactly what posters have said (that her daddy’s money BOUGHT her spot on the team..or her dad owned a business “tied to the Star“, which I guess means people suggesting Jerry had her put on the team ...??? (regardless also proven not true)

...and No “WE don’t ALL agree”... just because the same people post it over and over doesn’t mean the rest of us believe it. 
All I’ve said is they live a modest life, dad works in a difficult business of restaurant management,  Victoria taught classes to support her dance training and she’s proven to be incredibly strong on the field by those who’ve been there to see her...and her teammates seem to be really supportive of her. 

I’ve not argued your opinions, only stating what I personally know. 

• Useful 1

I think we all have the right to disagree, just getting very grating to have people jump down your throat the second you post anything positive or negative about Victoria. Wether she is what's polarizing or the way she's being put on a pedestal by TPTB... the whole discussion is what's souring my opinion currently. So... I'll focus on all other rookies and vets because there's 36 other ladies on the squad!

In an attempt to try to get to a subject we can post about without World War Pom erupting: Who would you like to see more of?

I'd love to see more of Shandi, Tess and Rachel A. I feel like I haven't seen a lot from them and would like to see more!

Edited by Tulip86
Typo
  • Love 13
14 minutes ago, Tulip86 said:

I think we all have the right to disagree, just getting very grating to have people jump down your throat the second you post anything positive or negative about Victoria. Wether she is what's polarizing or the way she's being put on a pedestal by TPTB... the whole discussion is what's souring my opinion currently. So... I'll focus on all other rookies and vets because there's 36 other ladies on the squad!

In an attempt to try to get to a subject we can post about without World War Pom erupting: Who would you like to see more of?

I'd love to see more of Shandi, Tess and Rachel A. I feel like I haven't seen alot from them and would like to see more!

I'm trying to think who we haven't seen much of this year...Savannah, Chandi,, and Brennan (who I wish would be shown much more) are the ones to come to mind.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Agreed. To the extent that it has been said that the Kalinas are super rich and that VK got everything that she wanted (which refers to material things), then I think it's fine for someone to correct that if it's not true, but I don't recall that being the narrative - I haven't been on the board much lately because I've been busy, but from what I have read, the focus has been on what happens on the team, not her family life. Sure, if she helped pay for her training, great, but that doesn't mean that she's not receiving preferential treatment from Kelli or not causing problems. On the other hand, if she got a new car at 16 or graduation, who cares? Dallas is not NYC. When you live in huge, sprawling metropolitan areas with poor public transportation, people (including high schoolers and college kids) have cars. That's life, and a new civic, corolla, jetta, etc, does not imply that one is rich. A new Range Rover, Mercedes, Lexus, BMW, yes, but not a VW. Regardless, there have been girls on the team who came from families who were filthy rich, and it was never an issue because they were treated like everyone else on the team and were not causing issues. 

• Love 19
11 hours ago, NinjaMom11 said:

Not really at all. Some of the most spoiled people are those with striver parents who think things=love or success. You can very easily be a spoiled brat with your parents spending every last dime on you, no matter how much money they actually had.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

Not really at all. Some of the most spoiled people are those with striver parents who think things=love or success. You can very easily be a spoiled brat with your parents spending every last dime on you, no matter how much money they actually had.

This is so true.  We have some cousins who are very well off.  They live modest life, they have a nice house, shop sales, but their kids want for nothing.  They are in the best swim classes (hundreds of dollars a month) for a level one.  It’s about the comfort and warm pool.  Doesn’t make them any better than kids who go to the YMCA.  However, they don’t act spoiled, they are kind, care for others and well mannered.  It’s about how they are raised.  

You could clearly see from last year VK was raised to think she was the best and rules don’t apply to her.  She didn’t take corrections well and was offended when the teachers didn’t notice her.  She was not some hard working, grateful candidate.  She expected everything and acted like a spoiled brat.  That is the difference.  I didn’t even watch this past season because it’s a sham.  There were so many more deserving girls and I’m still in shock how Dayton was treated.  They have been plenty of young girls on the team who acted much better.  I agree with the poster who said Maddie Ziegler could dance circles around Vk. Once again, just my opinion from being a dancer and going through a similar situation.  Someone who got all the praise when they didn’t deserve it but their father was a big shot.  It’s a hard position to be in and I feel bad for the girls in the team who have to deal with that.  

• Love 21
45 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Kristin Dodd commented that Heather stayed an extra year. 

So it’s Amy’s last game too. I wonder who else that this will be there last game (intentionally or not)?  

Still hoping Heather gets PB today!🙏🏼

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Kristin Dodd commented that Heather stayed an extra year. 

So it’s Amy’s last game too. I wonder who else that this will be there last game (intentionally or not)?  

Still hoping Heather gets PB today!🙏🏼

I hope heather gets it as well 

• Love 3

I doubt Heather will get PB. I believe the extra year refers to Heather almost getting kicked off the team after someone hacked her phone and got nude photos of her that she had on there. At the very least, it kept her out of leadership.  Such a shame. I love Heather. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
28 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I doubt Heather will get PB. I believe the extra year refers to Heather almost getting kicked off the team after someone hacked her phone and got nude photos of her that she had on there. At the very least, it kept her out of leadership.  Such a shame. I love Heather. 

Wasn't aware of it.  What a shame.  Poor girl.  Doesn't deserve punishment like this.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 17
43 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

That didn’t keep Holly A from being point. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

That didn’t keep Holly A from being point. 

Yes, but Heather’s case was dealt with far more harshly. You’ll recall all the questions on here at the time about why she wasn’t given a leadership position. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Is one dancer still sitting out a game so that only 36 is on the field? apologies if I missed a discussion on how the 37 becomes 36 on game day...

4 minutes ago, sATL said:

Is one dancer still sitting out a game so that only 36 is on the field? apologies if I missed a discussion on how the 37 becomes 36 on game day...

No bc Gina has been out for the season 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, sATL said:

Gina has been injured since before Thanksgiving, so no need for anyone else to sit out.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

She does say “this season” specifically, but the comments are  a bit too emotional if this isn’t her last game ever.

38 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yes, but Heather’s case was dealt with far more harshly. You’ll recall all the questions on here at the time about why she wasn’t given a leadership position. 

Is there a reason for this as in, Holly was Kelli’s favorite but she didn’t care for Heather? It really doesn’t make sense as Holly got the prime spot a bit out of the blue, while Heather was demoted as a punishment?

26 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I wanted to stop commenting on VK, but can’t help it. She’s the only generic blonde you can make out in blurry stills, if you just follow the teeth...

• LOL 13
  • Love 4

Nothing would make me happier than to see Vic be a one and done.  The amount of preferential treatment she has received her ROOKIE year is nauseating.  She didn't earn it, she does not deserve it.  It's an outright slap in the face to more deserving veterans. 

As for PB, I've been rooting for Heather since day 1.  I hope she gets it.  She would be a fantastic representative of the DCC and definitely deserves it.

• Love 23

I don't think we should read into this that Bridget is retiring.  No one had heard it and then a poster said something that Bridget might retire, because she was on TK's radar.  Several people have asked for more info and nothing was answered.   After that, it's been "oh no, no Bridget".   Does anyone have any info on Bridget?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Nothing would make me happier than to see Vic be a one and done.  The amount of preferential treatment she has received her ROOKIE year is nauseating.  She didn't earn it, she does not deserve it.  It's an outright slap in the face to more deserving veterans. 

As for PB, I've been rooting for Heather since day 1.  I hope she gets it.  She would be a fantastic representative of the DCC and definitely deserves it.

let me know when the betting is open... and the minimum amount to get in....  😁

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Yetta said:

I don't think we should read into this that Bridget is retiring.  No one had heard it and then a poster said something that Bridget might retire, because she was on TK's radar.  Several people have asked for more info and nothing was answered.   After that, it's been "oh no, no Bridget".   Does anyone have any info on Bridget?

I don't think @Bennie said it was because Bridget was on TK's radar.  That was stated in misc. other posts.  He just said Bridget is one of those retiring.  She has been cheering a long time.  Perhaps she just wants to get on with her life?  Bridget is my current fav so if she does in fact retire, I'll be incredibly sad.  I always felt she would make a wonderful point.  But I also know there is more to life than the DCC so will be happy for her.  Especially if she returns to working with animals.  Based on photos she shared on her now disappeared IG, the mutual affinity between her and the animals she worked with as a vet tech, is undeniable.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, TB12 said:

😞

199B3EB1-0D10-42D8-BA31-64D319A8545D.jpeg

Following Lacey and Kashara is going to be tough. Both of them were strong dancers, Lacey more technical, Kashara more showmanship. Amy is just so blah to me. Neat but not super technical and very little pizzazz. However, she’s a great ambassador and seems like a nice, young woman so that’s probably why she got it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10