Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

On 12/27/2019 at 9:13 AM, BluegrassDCCFan said:

When is banquet?  We hopefully will get a handle on those retiring by or around then (unless, like I've brought up before, Kelli's told them to keep a lit on it until Auditions).

I know we would like vindication of a mass exodus, but it is not going to happen.  Even if a few retire because of the nepotism and toxicity... they are not going to say that.  Just like you may say stuff about your boss after work to friends... in the end the smart people say "Quit for better opportunities" and don't burn bridges.  The DFW community is small and if people want to capitiliize on their DCC alum status and teach dance, husband hunt or whatever they smile, quietly quit, and say "Yes, ma'm"

Okay, I am laughing because I thought you meant like a "red wedding" moment and instead you meant a REAL banquet event.  Haha.  typed to long to not post.... lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, Opine said:

"The mentor" who steps in and helps all the new girls because she can talk from experience about having a rough time.  "

But instead of the Jaylyn treatment for helping a rookie, gets triangle.  UGH!

• Love 5
18 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

She looked REALLY hard to find the jerk.  😞 

I always had a really bad feeling about him & wished I knew her to tell her she could do way better the poor girl... 

• Love 3
On 12/27/2019 at 12:25 PM, UnicornKicksBack said:

Hadn’t heard that but would not suprise me at all. Her fam is in CA, she’s had a break up, already down pro cheer forever, and has started to become one of TK’s targets and not so much in favor aka Gina Jr. due to no fault of her own.

if she does retire well there goes my dream diamond of Bridget, Amber, Jalyn, Hannah/Rachel W. I’ll trade Bridget for Amanda.

Sorry but while I think Caroline is a fab dancer she looks so soccer mom to me. Not fresh and basic as hell.

I’ve been saying since she made it that her 2nd year she’ll be 1) triangle or diamond 2) they’ll finally listen and start following who MADE the team as well as who is making it the first time. 

If TK has targeted Bridget, this has just become personal for me. Hell to the no. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Mardo2044 said:

I know we would like vindication of a mass exodus, but it is not going to happen.  Even if a few retire because of the nepotism and toxicity... they are not going to say that.  Just like you may say stuff about your boss after work to friends... in the end the smart people say "Quit for better opportunities" and don't burn bridges.  The DFW community is small and if people want to capitiliize on their DCC alum status and teach dance, husband hunt or whatever they smile, quietly quit, and say "Yes, ma'm"

Okay, I am laughing because I thought you meant like a "red wedding" moment and instead you meant a REAL banquet event.  Haha.  typed to long to not post.... lol

I wish there would be someone that retires and doesn't care about burning bridges with the DCC, and just gives everyone the scoop on what went on the past couple years with the squad. Tell us what it's really like! Kind of like Milan did in that podcast. Just be real. 

• Love 23
On 12/24/2019 at 11:45 AM, dccfan204 said:

My predictions for next year:

Retiring: Amy, Maddie, Heather, Lexie, Christina

Group leaders: Tess, Miranda, Alexis, Gina

Second leaders: Ashlee, Caroline, Bridget, Amber (or Savannah, Molly, and Rachel A since they would be the other 4th years left)

I would add Briana to the retiring list predictions... I have a feeling she will get out danced unless she can jump-start her spark again - esp. if she is still on the end of the kickline.  Her days of playing "peek-a-boo" might be numbered.

Edited by sATL
43 minutes ago, sATL said:

I would add Briana to the retiring list predictions... I have a feeling she will get out danced unless she can jump-start her spark again - esp. if she is still on the end of the kickline.  Her days of playing "peek-a-boo" might be numbered.

She also cheered with Titans for a few years so she might be ready to retire.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Holly85 said:

i would hate to be on a squad were everyone hates me 

Except, girls like Victoria never realized they're the most hated girl in the room. They may think others are jealous of her, but not that they outright despise her. 

14 hours ago, Holly85 said:

What I don’t get is if the ladies are that miserable with her being on the squad why not just retire at the end of the season ? I get that they love being a dcc and all of that but when is it enough to say this isn’t worth it anymore 

Mob mentality. I've said it before, in order to keep all of the moving pieces working there are leaders within that group who keep that group together. They're the people you bitch to, complain to, vent to and they empathize with you, they tell you it'll get better and just stick it out. No monumental change will happen unless those leaders throw their hands up and burn bridges; and that, will never happen. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

I know we would like vindication of a mass exodus, but it is not going to happen.  Even if a few retire because of the nepotism and toxicity... they are not going to say that.  Just like you may say stuff about your boss after work to friends... in the end the smart people say "Quit for better opportunities" and don't burn bridges.  The DFW community is small and if people want to capitiliize on their DCC alum status and teach dance, husband hunt or whatever they smile, quietly quit, and say "Yes, ma'm".

You're totally right.  The professional way to depart is without burning bridges, however (in my opinion) this is not a professionally run organization (and as I have said before, there's no law that says it has to be), therefore I would LOVE to see someone pull a JetBlue and deploy the proverbial slide, grab two beers and yell GFY as they're running out of The Star wearing Rowdy's head.  

• LOL 16
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

You're totally right.  The professional way to depart is without burning bridges, however (in my opinion) this is not a professionally run organization (and as I have said before, there's no law that says it has to be), therefore I would LOVE to see someone pull a JetBlue and deploy the proverbial slide, grab two beers and yell GFY as they're running out of The Star wearing Rowdy's head.  

I wonder if Kelli does exit interviews?  😄

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I wonder if Kelli does exit interviews?  😄

I think so. If only to close the books and do housekeeping stuff, like get unform and other releated clothing, boots, luggage, id, etc. After all they started their journey by signing a contract.

did we kinda see  a little one the year Janelle & Cersten retired ? She called a few newly announced retirees into the office just to confirm/clairify their decision. 

Plus the last (or an early)  episode seems to know who is retiring, so I'm sure there a meeting discussion somewhere along the line. Probably the day the application is due to re-audition.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2

where is the Christmas party ?

Lovely dresses (in picture above)... look kinda expensive...not to mention having to make sure no one else has the same dress... or even wore something similar in the last few years... almost like prom dress shopping..

Any other semi-formal events during the year they have to attend ?

Edited by sATL
45 minutes ago, sATL said:

Plus the last (or an early)  episode seems to know who is retiring, so I'm sure there a meeting discussion somewhere along the line. Probably the day the application is due to re-audition.

I would think it's different every year depending on when they shoot the calendar.  This past year, I think they had to have their decision in by February something or other???

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, sATL said:

Lovely dresses (in picture above)... look kinda expensive...not to mention having to make sure no one else has the same dress... or even wore something similar in the last few years... almost like prom dress shopping..

Rent the Runway is perfect for stuff like this...a coworker going through a zillion weddings last summer got me into it.  It’s been great as I’ve been losing weight and not wanting to buy anything major.  These gals do a lot of trading but willing to bet they use this too. There’s an unlimited plan that is probably great for summer wedding season and winter holiday parties too. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, sATL said:

If Haley Anderson can wear a dress that she's worn before, then I think it's safe for the girls to wear something worn before - whether by them, their sister, or a teammate (past or present).  

It was mentioned on the old TWOP boards that the girls got gift cards/discounts for some of the local merchants, which may still be the case these days - hopefully!!

• Love 2

I’ve heard a lot about VK being a rich spoiled brat but I was surprised  by someone who’s daughter danced with her & recently showed me... V’s dad is a restaurant manager (doesn’t own anything) and they’ve lived in the same house for decades (5 people: mom dad, V & 2 brothers) in small 3 bedroom, 2 bath house, nice but no pool etc), definitely no trust fund bc V helped her parents pay for dance classes by teaching at the studio she grew up in.  
I’m eating a bit of humble pie. 

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, NinjaMom11 said:

I’ve heard a lot about VK being a rich spoiled brat but I was surprised  by someone who’s daughter danced with her & recently showed me... V’s dad is a restaurant manager (doesn’t own anything) and they’ve lived in the same house for decades (5 people: mom dad, V & 2 brothers) in small 3 bedroom, 2 bath house, nice but no pool etc), definitely no trust fund bc V helped her parents pay for dance classes by teaching at the studio she grew up in.  

Several on here have said she’s a studio hopper, well off and never had to struggle.  She traveled to California to learn her audition solo instead of hiring a local choreographer.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, NinjaMom11 said:

it may depend on what level, company (ie franchise) and the nbr of years. Restaurant mgrs who have been with the company for a while, who have a nbr of locations/employees and responsibilities  under their wing do earn a decent living - where dance lessons are affordable. Their base salary might be appear to be low,  compared to similar executives, but some do get stock bonus, cash bonus (esp on restaurant performance) and other compensation to go along with their package.

is the restaurant manager his 1st career? He could have very well "retired" from something else.

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Not debating how much dad makes, it’s none of my business.  I’m sure he works hard to provide for all 3 kids & their dreams, but just know for a fact Victoria worked to help pay monthly tuition at the studio she danced at for 17 years and although she did win scholarships to master choreo classes to many places & her parents paid for her travel to those, she never left her home studio.  
Other than that, I have no first hand knowledge other than they truly live a very modest life. Just definitely not the rich spoiled trust baby impression I had.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Several on here have said she’s a studio hopper, well off and never had to struggle.  She traveled to California to learn her audition solo instead of hiring a local choreographer.  

Don’t be mean. VK probably worked her butt off to afford this car for herself, but realized it would hurt her parents’ pride...so she’s claiming it was their gift all along! True dcc legend/dallas princess style!

13 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

All of these are from the Prodancecheer website. Most of them were of Rachel W. (man, they LOVE her!). The Dallas/Rams game.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Bridget would make a great point!

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, sATL said:
  47 minutes ago, NinjaMom11 said:

I’ve heard a lot about VK being a rich spoiled brat but I was surprised  by someone who’s daughter danced with her & recently showed me... V’s dad is a restaurant manager (doesn’t own anything) and they’ve lived in the same house for decades (5 people: mom dad, V & 2 brothers) in small 3 bedroom, 2 bath house, nice but no pool etc), definitely no tru

WC what her dad does?? She has worked so hard to be a DCC. Her teammates love her despite what everyone says on this board. She is pretty, skinny, and very gracious. And she got a car—most kids Regardless get a car when they get license. Smh

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, DCCdreams said:

WC what her dad does?? She has worked so hard to be a DCC. Her teammates love her despite what everyone says on this board. She is pretty, skinny, and very gracious. And she got a car—most kids Regardless get a car when they get license. Smh

100% agree and actually my point.  I got the impression from this and other sites she was a typical rich spoiled trust fund kid. Someone had said Dad owned several restaurants and he bought her spot on the team. I’m just a bit embarrassed I spread and repeated the same until I was proven completely wrong. VK is definitely the real deal.  She’s worked hard and earned everything she’s getting now. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Amk2017 said:

Lol most normal kids don’t get a brand new car when they are 16.  My kids will not be getting a brand new car at 16.  That is not normal for most families.  Looking at her profile and the things she does, the travel, The dance, the car, the photo shoots... she is not some modest person.  I highly doubt she was working at the studio her entire life.  Maybe in her teenage years. 

I'll bet the ins co would love adding a newly licensed 16 to  a policy where the car is new..that could be a juicy ins payment, depending on the make/model.. LOL..💸

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, sATL said:

I'll bet the ins co would love adding a newly licensed 16 to  a policy where the car is new..that could be a juicy ins payment, depending on the make/model.. LOL..💸

My kids got their first cars when the went off to COLLEGE. And they were used. WELL, used. No brand-new-off-the-lot. Sorry.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

My kids got their first cars when the went off to COLLEGE. And they were used. WELL, used. No brand-new-off-the-lot. Sorry.

If you read her Instagram post, that car WAS a graduation gift!  She did not get a car when she was 16. 

8 minutes ago, sATL said:

She didn’t get a car when she was 16.  It was  high school graduation.  

• LOL 1
36 minutes ago, NinjaMom11 said:

If you read her Instagram post, that car WAS a graduation gift!  She did not get a car when she was 16. 

I said COLLEGE! NOT high school. The bus was just fine to get back and forth.

Edited by Muckypup61
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

I said COLLEGE! NOT high school. The bus was just fine to get back and forth.

Ok, but seems basically the same. Your kids got cars when they went off to COLLEGE and VK got hers just a couple months earlier than yours and finished the last few weeks of high school with a car..?  Most kids in Dallas (sad but true) DO get cars 2 years earlier than she did when they turn 16… and usually a higher end car than a VW.  For me..it just blows up the whole spoiled Veruca narrative. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, NinjaMom11 said:

And my point is more towards the ins payment in general... don't recall it being cheaper 16 vs. 18... but it will be cheaper new vs. used. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, NinjaMom11 said:

I predict Lexie and Bridget both stay on one more year. 

We will find out sooner or later I think they have til the end of February bc they have to start prepping for calendar if they are doing it in April again 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

17 minutes ago, sATL said:

Right. It’s not like the guy managed a Pizza Hut. He has a higher level management position for a high end restaurant group, that yes is involved with The Star.

Greg Kalina also has his own food service consulting business.  https://www.star-telegram.com/homes/article192145239.html

Edited by Lolfordays
  • Love 12
40 minutes ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

Anyone else super sad about the rumor that Bridget is retiring? I mean, look at her! I was so hopeful that she would be point next year. 

and no one knows why, yet ?  hmmmm.

Hopefully it is good news for the next chapter in her life   - like a new hubby (who wants to live elsewhere), want to go to grad school elsewhere , want to be back in CA with family, job/career pursuits... 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

Right. It’s not like the guy managed a Pizza Hut. He has a higher level management position for a high end restaurant group, that yes is involved with The Star.

Greg Kalina also has his own food service consulting business.  https://www.star-telegram.com/homes/article192145239.html

But certainly debunks the “family money, dad owns a business at the Star, spoiled Veruca” narrative. They live a happy successful middle class life in a modest 3 bedroom, 2 bath home, giving their 18 year old daughter a mid range car before graduating high school.  Definitely not a spoiled brat life.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2