Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, TxBex said:

When you have a box of 64 crayons, but you only pull out the same 5 crayons for your child to color with; of course your child will know those 5 colors and they become her favorites. That doesn't mean the other colors are any less brilliant. Fans are like these children with only five crayons to color with.

Wonderful analogy!!!  I agree that's why VK is a fan fave - she's all anyone knows if they watch the show or follow DCC social media.  

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 20
9 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Also let’s get real - anybody going the pro ballet track is NOT going to go DCC unless they fail at ballet or get tired of it.

Nobody trains hard core ballet school with their end goal of being a pro cheerleader. 

Absolutely.

I don't think anyone is saying that.  But ballet does provide strength and technique that greatly supports moves such as the leap with Caroline.

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, Lunacat said:

Yes, I’m “judging” her (hate that word bc it has negative connotations) and making my own conclusions, based on what’s shown on the show and other DCC-controlled social media (DCC official IG/FB). As for the insinuation that VK is getting a raw deal with editing, well, the CMT team can only work with what you give them. 

I agree about the editing. When people talk about someone getting a bad edit I'm always reminded of something Kathy Griffin said in one of her stand up shows years ago. She talked about how people on reality TV will say that they were edited to look bad and portrayed in a bad light, and they're not really like that and what not. But whenever she's met some of those people, they are exactly how you'd expect them to be based on what you saw on TV. Lol and I believe it. Not that reality shows don't ever purposely make some people look worse than they are and some better. But you can still get an idea of what they're actually like. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

Ballet vs no ballet...connections vs no connections....shrug.    I just want to see an excellent team.

Nail landings like the other dancers do if one wants to be in a video and correctly count during practices and performances.  Popping up early is noticeable to the naked eye and it does drag down the excellence of the team. One too many errors and they are  the ones that are posted by the DCC.  Stars are made by hard work and talent and only time will tell.  

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

And, if lyrical is her strength then that solo should be near perfect---especially since she gets to control the take they use and yet, it's not. 

She would have to admit it wasn't perfect and I don't see that happening

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

I just saw on the ESPN bottom of the screen crawl that DC coach Jason Garrett was fired tonight. Not exactly a shock.

Correction: Not fired but not renewing his contract.

Edited by ATLGirl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

I just saw on the ESPN bottom of the screen crawl that DC coach Jason Garrett was fired tonight. Not exactly a shock.

Will Kelli mention this in the first ep next season?  In between, "we have over 1000 girls trying out" and "this is the most competitive season ever."

• LOL 15
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Will Kelli mention this in the first ep next season?  In between, "we have over 1000 girls trying out" and "this is the most competitive season ever."

Considering the Cowboys have had the same coach since Season Two (I think), I would hope so. Then again, we’ll probably hear yet again about how Kelli invented the yes/no/maybe scoring system.😂😂

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Muckypup61 said:

Okay, so too much "Bridget Appreciation" on this forum, so here's some Jalyn, Rachel W. and Cici appreciation.

1B.jpg

Skkkrrrr...this may be going a little too far. You forgot Brennan and I'd totally be okay with deleting Rachel W. from this picture. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ATLGirl said:

Thank goodness. He’s got to go! We (the Cowboys) suck and it’s getting very old. I was in high school the last time we won the super bowl. That was fun! Jerry needs to hire GM and keep his nose out of everything. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

Thank goodness. He’s got to go! We (the Cowboys) suck and it’s getting very old. I was in high school the last time we won the super bowl. That was fun! Jerry needs to hire GM and keep his nose out of everything. 

I’m sure they will give him an office job somewhere within the organization 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

It was taking so long to let him go that I was thinking the same thing. Doesn’t sound like it though. 

I think it’s bc he has been with the cowboys forever basically part of the family and I’m sure it was hard 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Skkkrrrr...this may be going a little too far. You forgot Brennan and I'd totally be okay with deleting Rachel W. from this picture. 

I'd be fine deleting Rachel W.  and Cianna out...I'm just not a fan of Cianna's look or her dancing.  Rachel W.  I like her...she's gorgeous & a great dancer... but I'm so tired of seeing her pictures.  It's almost as if PDC has decided she's the face of DCC...since 75% of their DCC photos include her. 😛 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

I'd be fine deleting Rachel W.  and Cianna out...I'm just not a fan of Cianna's look or her dancing.  Rachel W.  I like her...she's gorgeous & a great dancer... but I'm so tired of seeing her pictures.  It's almost as if PDC has decided she's the face of DCC...since 75% of their DCC photos include her. 😛 

Well, I was looking for something that didn't include Bridget since it seems there's too much of her on this board(insert sarcasm). 

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, mizzhyer said:

That's a good trio...and Madeline needs a little recognition 🙂  I love Amanda...she has become one of my faves!

Madeline is gorgeous and a beautiful dancer.  And totally under the radar:(

• Love 14
11 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

Well, there’s more than one way to “empty your bucket.”

Edited to add: D’oh! Scorpio beat me to it!

Edited by Pj3422
  • LOL 5
9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Must be how she gets this:)

Envious of Brennan's physique! However, that picture of her bum is ridiculously photoshopped.

3 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

GettyImages-1163804000.jpg?fit=800,1200

Here we go! Amanda, Daphne and Madeline.

Have they ever put the short zipper on the side instead of the front? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 1/2/2020 at 8:45 AM, mizzhyer said:

she looks a lot like Brennan here 🙂

She’s entirely tooooooo orange. On Taylor’s Instagram there was a picture of her at the Christmas party. She was literally orange!!! It doesn’t look good and I’m surprised no one has told her to tone it down. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Dcclurker said:

She’s entirely tooooooo orange. On Taylor’s Instagram there was a picture of her at the Christmas party. She was literally orange!!! It doesn’t look good and I’m surprised no one has told her to tone it down. 

Too orange and her eyebrows are too light, they disappear into her tan in shots that are not super close up

22 minutes ago, Dcclurker said:

Yes...I totally agree with that.  Savannah and Rachel W have had that same orange glow as well...but they have toned theirs down a lot. 

1 hour ago, mizzhyer said:

Yes...I totally agree with that.  Savannah and Rachel W have had that same orange glow as well...but they have toned theirs down a lot. 

I don't get TPTB's insistence that everyone on the team spray tan. I remember one TCC during one season saying they did it to look "more uniform as a team." Say what? You're all dressed exactly the same, dancing almost in synchronization. How much more "uniform" can you get? I know at one time Gussy Nell Davis had the Kilgore Rangerettes all wear identically-styled wigs. I'm surprised TPTB haven't suggested that for DCC.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

I don't get TPTB's insistence that everyone on the team spray tan. I remember one TCC during one season saying they did it to look "more uniform as a team." Say what? You're all dressed exactly the same, dancing almost in synchronization. How much more "uniform" can you get? I know at one time Gussy Nell Davis had the Kilgore Rangerettes all wear identically-styled wigs. I'm surprised TPTB haven't suggested that for DCC.

Don't give them any ideas 😛

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

But then where would they get their “diversity” from?! and Kelli would have to stop referring to her bouquet of cheerleaders 🤭

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, KickPretty said:

Anyone know when the Audition Speculation board arrives?  I’m over this team lol Can we start talking about who will audition for next year’s team 😉

I still want to know who plans on retiring and how things will go on the calendar shoot.  I mean asides from this:

7 hours ago, cheeseslices said:

I have to stay off this forum more.  I had a dream last night that VK got her own calendar next year. 12 months of gums, bad blonde hair and pink lipstick. 

👄 👱‍♀️💄

• LOL 6
On 1/2/2020 at 3:19 PM, MyFavShows said:

Then shortly after it Chandler was cut and the majority of this board has hated TK since.   I think the Chandler incident was one of her first speaking features on the show.

I’ve watched every season several times, and I don’t even remember this minor kefluffle. I’ve also been here or TWOP, reading mostly, for years. TK just isn’t important enough to “hate” based on ONE instance of jackassery. If she’d stopped at only one, she wouldn’t still be a topic here. 

• Love 9