Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Matthew 5:9

• Start Topic

What. the. fuck.

This had be one of Pride's crazy hallucinations.   At a minimum, Christopher needs to replace the annoying blonde Angel of Death.

My station kept cutting out so I couldn't follow the plot.   One minute Pride's calling the office the Lasalle is crashing.  I have no idea who Eddie Cahill's character was, why he would to kill Lasalle and why he just gave up.

Really not happy.

• Love 4

So unhappy about this / so upset.  I loved Christopher and the actor and the joy he brought to this team.  When the first brotherly “flashback” memory showed up with Christopher and Sebastian, I thought “oh no, Christopher isn’t going to make it”.  

• Love 2

As many others have already said, "I did not see that coming."

Oh sure, from time to time I have heard rumors he wanted to leave the show.  But I never thought they'd simply kill him off.  Was hoping it was all Pride's nightmares/hallucinations acting up again.  Especially with that surreal diner scene.  I halfway expected the "Angel of Death" character to pop up out of nowhere as a waitress or something. 

Aside at being saddened at a fine character being killed off, the plot was a bit convoluted to me.  I mean, why would he want LaSalle dead?  Yes, I get it -- he would continue to try to find his brother's killer.  But nobody at NCIS knew who the hell he (they) were.  Then to show up at the hospital where I am sure cameras were all around just makes no sense.  Then of course, running off like that doesn't look suspicious at all.  No sir-ree.  

And now after deducing he/they were the killer/killers, you would have the full weight of about every law enforcement agency in the country looking for your sorry asses.  Not exactly a brilliant plan.

RIP, LaSalle.  Could be RIP show after this too.  Because I am sure a lot of fans will most likely tune out now.  I am sure he was a reason why a lot of people watch.

• Love 2

I only rarely watch this show, case I can’t stand Pride, now I’m completely done.  Pride can survive all sorts of bullet wounds, and they couldn’t send Lasalle off into  the sunset (maybe to be w/Sonja)?

• Love 6
7 hours ago, brgjoe said:

RIP, LaSalle.  Could be RIP show after this too.  Because I am sure a lot of fans will most likely tune out now.  I am sure he was a reason why a lot of people watch.

This is my feeling.  I had no idea that the character would be killed off. I was already hanging to this show by a thread after Percy left.  She was a great character and great with LaSalle.  Now that LaSalle is gone, I have no reason to watch this show.  I like Pride and Loretta, but the investigation scenes won't be as good without LaSalle.  He was the most consistent agent character and had been there from the start.  

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 4

I had never heard that the actor wanted to leave the show but I had a feeling during the last few episodes that they might be writing him out - first I thought he would leave to find Cade, then that he would leave to find Cade's killer.  Still, I was gobsmacked when he didn't pull through. And it made me very sad.

Don't know how much longer I'll watch this show; they will have to come up with something pretty good to keep me interested.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, roamyn said:

and they couldn’t send Lasalle off into  the sunset (maybe to be w/Sonja)?

EXACTLY. I was so disappointed when Percy left without them ever acting on their feelings and now we know it'll never happen.

1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

. I was already hanging to this show by a thread after Percy left.  She was a great character and great with LaSalle. 

Absolutely.

8 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

But most shows don't seem to spare the people left behind any thought.

They never do. It's a real Fridge Horror moment to realize how much tragedy characters have been put through. I was floored when I realized one of my soap characters had lost all four of her children and wondered how she hadn't had a nervous breakdown.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, roamyn said:

I only rarely watch this show, case I can’t stand Pride, now I’m completely done.  Pride can survive all sorts of bullet wounds, and they couldn’t send Lasalle off into  the sunset (maybe to be w/Sonja)?

For some reason,  at the beginning of the episode,  I was thinking about Percy and the way she and LaSalle called each other "City Mouse" and "Country Mouse".  Fighting with a cold,  I fell asleep pretty early into the episode and woke up right before the end to Mr. Tostandon telling me "LaSalle was killed".  I had to reverse the show to see for myself. 

Like others have said,  I expected it to be one of Pride's dreams.  Why couldn't it have been Gregorio who left?  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, alegtostandon said:

Like others have said,  I expected it to be one of Pride's dreams.  Why couldn't it have been Gregorio who left?  

Agreed.  I don't hate her, but at the same time, I can't stand her.

1 hour ago, alegtostandon said:

For some reason,  at the beginning of the episode,  I was thinking about Percy and the way she and LaSalle called each other "City Mouse" and "Country Mouse

I loved those two. I'm very disappointed there wasn't a cameo, or at least a quick mention that she'd been told.

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, Camille said:

I'm very disappointed there wasn't a cameo, or at least a quick mention that she'd been told.

I thought there should have been a couple people from the mothership there too. But I'm sure Percy at least sent flowers.

• Love 3

I knew right away who Christopher was talking to from his hospital bed when he said "I've missed you" but the happiness/relief on Loretta's face turning to tragic horror as she realized that Christopher was talking to his brother on the way to dying -- oh my gosh.  So, so sad.

• Love 5

As sad as this was, it was also probably inevitable. Brody left in disgrace, but alive, Percy left amicably, but alive. The writers were highly likely to kill off the next person who wanted to go.

* Though I know that sometimes actors will ask that their character live/die.

It reminds me of what happened on Law & Order: UK when Jamie Bamber was leaving--the last two characters/actors left without much fanfare, so viewers were due a dramatic death. 

* That and I think Bamber is contractually obligated to have all his characters killed off

If you look at most TV shows, I think you'll see a similar trend:

ER--Susan, Anna, Doug all leave alive. Next up is Lucy, who's stabbed to death.

Law & Order--Greevey's killed, Cerreta and Stone live, but Claire dies in an accident. The writers outright stated that the reason they killed off Borgia is because it had been such a long time since they'd done so.

Edited by Camille

Wow!  I definitely was not expecting THAT.  I did wonder if Lucas Black was planning on leaving, but was hoping he would leave but not get killed off.  I haven't watched as many episodes this year because I've lost some interest, but Lucas Black was my reason for continuing to watch. 

• Love 2

Add me to the list of people who didn't see that coming...except, when they did the first flashback with Sebastian, I thought "that's an odd thing to do unless he is going to die. The flashback thing is something that happens when people die". Then, I was a little bit less surprised when he actually died. But before that, I was utterly unconcerned that he was shot because I really didn't think he would get killed off.

And I have to say, after such a rough day at work where four of our kids died (I work in a hospital), this was the last thing I wanted to watch. When they were all laughing about their memories of LaSalle, I started crying.

1 hour ago, secnarf said:

Add me to the list of people who didn't see that coming...except, when they did the first flashback with Sebastian, I thought "that's an odd thing to do unless he is going to die. The flashback thing is something that happens when people die". Then, I was a little bit less surprised when he actually died. But before that, I was utterly unconcerned that he was shot because I really didn't think he would get killed off.

And I have to say, after such a rough day at work where four of our kids died (I work in a hospital), this was the last thing I wanted to watch. When they were all laughing about their memories of LaSalle, I started crying.

What a sad, sad, all too real day for you at the hospital, Secnarf.  

LaSalle and his wonderful dynamic will be sorely missed on this show.  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 4
On 11/6/2019 at 1:11 AM, brgjoe said:

Aside at being saddened at a fine character being killed off, the plot was a bit convoluted to me.  I mean, why would he want LaSalle dead?  Yes, I get it -- he would continue to try to find his brother's killer.  But nobody at NCIS knew who the hell he (they) were.  Then to show up at the hospital where I am sure cameras were all around just makes no sense.  Then of course, running off like that doesn't look suspicious at all.  No sir-ree. 

I'm under the impression that the story isn't over yet. LaSalle's killer was very cocky in that diner and not at all worried about the charges, almost like he expected to be released/be protected from prosecution. I may be wrong but this didn't feel like closure. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we're going to see him again.

• Love 4

If you are going to kill off one of your main characters, why do you have to make him look like a complete idiot?

Pride: "Stay put, we’re only a couple of minutes away."

LaSalle: "Oooh I saw some bushes move! I guess I gotta leave my witness behind unprotected and investigate these suspicious bushes without any backup. OK I change my mind. Instead of searching the outside where the bushes are, I think I'll just break into the house where I have no idea what the floor plan is, and there might be ten armed men inside for all I know." What a stupid way to die.

Since she was one of the bad guys, I don't see why the daughter saw the need to stroll into the cabin and put herself into the line of fire. Then again, it didn't seem like she was the brightest bulb on the tree...

I guess Pride never watched CSI:NY.  If he did, like the rest of the audience, he would’ve known instantly who the killer was. At least they didn’t drag the “suspense” out for long.

• Love 3

They show have just waited until the season finale to kill off Lasalle.  Or at least have him between life and death as the finale.  

I'm not really surprised that they have killed him off - when the show started, it was Pride, him, and Brody, and Loretta and Sebastian in the lab.  They added the one female agent (forgetting her name) and had the will they/won't they with her and Lasalle.  They then got rid of Brody (because some sexist asshole at CBS thought the actress was "unfuckable") brought in  Gregorio, and somewhere along the line Lasalle seemed to have less and less to do on the show.   By the time Shalita Grant left and they made Sebastian an agent and brought Hanna on board, Lasalle was more or less a cameo part.   So no shock that the actor decided to pack it in.  

And no way we have seen the last of the guy and his "daughter" (no way that guy could be the woman's father - he looks too young and she looks too old)  - this is going to be one of those going after the Big Bad arcs again.   Whoever is running the drug ring is somebody high up the food chain and that's why Bonnie and Clyde didn't seem too concerned.   Why does this show have to keep circling back to these Big Bad People in High Places storyline?   Anybody know if this show has been renewed for next year, or is it too early to know? 

• Love 4

Just how far away was this hospital from Miss Rose that she wasn’t at the hospital by the time Chris was out of surgery, recovery,  and in a regular room? That’s a huge plot hole. 

I am not  surprised that Lucas Black left the show- they gave him almost nothing to do once Percy left.  

Chris would not have been buried in New Orleans.  He would have been buried in the family plot in Alabama as would Cade.  The funeral would have been attended by tons of law enforcement officers- not just 20 people.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 5
On 11/5/2019 at 10:02 PM, Donder said:

Biggest NCIS surprise death since Kate. Didn't see that coming

I will say though when they did the promo for that Season 2 finale, they did say one of the NCIS team members wouldn't be coming home. So we knew somebody was dying off prior to the episode.

Lasalle's death was definitely a surprise. There was no announcement Lucas Black was leaving sometime during this season. No articles or rumors mentioning he was possibly leaving. It was definitely kept on the DL.

I just assumed they'd be able to save him from his wounds, just like with Pride. Total shock when he actually did die. I do wish he could have maybe had a better death. Like taking bullets for Pride or something. But to go an abandoned cabin, with a witness who you just found and haven't fully vetted her story, without waiting for Pride and Sebastian was a bad move. And then, not waiting in the truck for them when they were a few minutes away. Even with the grief of losing his brother, you would expect him to have better judgement. It shows why law enforcement should never work the cases dealing with loved ones. Clear thinking goes out the window.

I do also wonder did they have to kill the character off? Though it could have been Lucas' choice. Now, he can never come back as a guest star, unless he's a ghost in one of Pride's hallucinations. It would have been plausible that he regretted falling out of touch with Cade which lead him to getting killed, and he then decides to resign from NCIS to spend more time with his family in Alabama. As it is, both Cade and Chris are killed within weeks of each other. Tough on the Lasalle family.

• Love 4

There were rumors he wanted to leave the show, though.. my husband had read he was hit by a truck so it was out there somewhere.  Mr. Callie kept insisting to just hold on, he’s not dead yet.. except he was.  

Though the actor is a perfectly okay actor, I’ve Just never been a fan of the Lasalle  character.  I found he often took stupid risks such as he did in this episode and too often was a hot head that Pride had to reign in.. and that’s saying something since Pride is afflicted with that same problem.

I think at this point, I really only like Loretta ... I only keep watching as it’s one that Mr C. likes to watch.   

• Love 1
On 11/7/2019 at 9:24 AM, Rambler said:

If you are going to kill off one of your main characters, why do you have to make him look like a complete idiot?

Pride: "Stay put, we’re only a couple of minutes away."

LaSalle: "Oooh I saw some bushes move! I guess I gotta leave my witness behind unprotected and investigate these suspicious bushes without any backup. OK I change my mind. Instead of searching the outside where the bushes are, I think I'll just break into the house where I have no idea what the floor plan is, and there might be ten armed men inside for all I know." What a stupid way to die.

Exactly. I didn't mind the fact that they killed off LaSalle, I mind the fact that they chose to make him a positively colossal moron in order to do it. The worst part is, like nearly every time writers on anything make a character a total idiot in order to make the plot work, they could have very VERY easily have avoided it and achieved the same result. All they had to do was have the killer shoot LaSalle in his van a couple times. Boom! The exact same plot and LaSalle isn't made stupid as a rock.

• Love 1
On 11/9/2019 at 8:42 AM, Callietwo said:

Though the actor is a perfectly okay actor, I’ve Just never been a fan of the Lasalle  character.  I found he often took stupid risks such as he did in this episode and too often was a hot head that Pride had to reign in.. and that’s saying something since Pride is afflicted with that same problem.

I think at this point, I really only like Loretta ... I only keep watching as it’s one that Mr C. likes to watch.   

I don't know the actor from anything else, but I will say I won't miss his tight-lipped rictus grin.  Sorry.

• Love 1

So add me to those who never saw this coming. I didn’t have any idea Lucas was leaving the show and like everyone else, wasn’t the least bit concerned when he was shot. Or even when he crashed in the hospital. How many times did Pride code out? And he’s still alive and kicking. I had no reason to think Laszlle wouldn’t cheat death. Until he didn’t. 

i never warmed to Chris and Percy, or even to her character, so I was just as happy when she left. But there’s no way she wouldn’t have returned for his funeral. Or as others have said, that it would have been so sparsely attended. He was a FLEO. That cemetery would have been overflowing with police and agents from every law enforcement agency he’s ever worked with. And his military buddies.  But I did think he was buried in the family plot?

I’ll miss Lucas, even though the character barely had anything to do this year. I love Scott Bakula, always have. But Pride is one of the dumbest agents I’ve ever seen on TV and it just isn’t much fun watching him go off half-cocked every week. 😕

• Love 2

I've been on the fence with this show since they brought in that pug nosed, sour faced FBI chick.  And all of the Taking It Personal!!!!! plots.  Lucas Black was the only thing keeping me in there.  I'm a little late to this episode, but that's it for me.  I deleted the rest and cancelled the future recordings.  It's a shame.  I had liked this show better than the original, once upon a time.  

• Love 4