Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E08: Dance-Off Week

• Start Topic

After each of the 7 couples perform a dance in a style that is new to them, they then compete 2 couples at a time in a Dance-Off challenge where they are dancing in the same style at the same time.

Airs November 4, 2019.

When the song is "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)" and Sean Spicer is dancing to it, you're wondering if the producers are secretly punking us all. 

And yet, for the 3rd week, the judges are like "This shouldn't have happened."  We're hitting Bobby Bones territory.  And we saw what happened there.  If you want him out that badly, STOP OVERSCORING HIM. 

In cuter news: James' kids.  I can't stand contemporary, and watching his daughters cry made me cry.  DAMMIT! 

Edited by mtlchick
  • Love 20

"The mermaid had better feet than you did." 🤣

And yet he's still here... 🙄

1 minute ago, Star Gazer said:

Also carrie Anna’s “I’m shocked and irritated “ well.. do a better job scoring. You are kind of part of the problem.

Yeah, why the hell did they give him 7s?

• Love 15

I am disgusted. I wish Len would have kept his mouth shut about them trying to get Sean off because it prob spurred more ridiculous voting. The producers really screwed the pooch. If he wins after last years debacle, I am done with this show. I quit The Voice this year because of the idiocy of the Blake voting block so pretty soon my Monday’s will be free!

that being said, Kate was terrible tonight and so was Alaina. 

And yea, Gleb, cover the hell up. Just no

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I didn't love Kate's jive, though though her cha cha dance off was adorable, and normally I wouldn't be annoyed by her going out on week 8 except for the fact that Spicer is still there.  But hey, on the positive side I can no longer care about this season and so I won't have to watch Spicer win.  Kidding, kind of.

Kate/Pasha have been my favorite couple on this show in a long time.  I love her and I hope she can use this to have people see her outside of Meredith and maybe generate some new opportunities.

I did like Ally's dance this week and I thought the right couples won the dance offs but otherwise I don't care.  Trump literally posted to have people vote for Sean during the show.  I knew it was happening.  Sean wasn't remotely far enough behind score wise.  

• Love 7

Maybe if they didn’t over score Kel, then Lauren and Kate wouldn’t be the bottom 2. Am I the only one that feels Kel is being over scored?

Also the comments for Sean’s dance were pretty rude. That might’ve encouraged people to vote for him. i will say he seemed to take it very well and he seems like a nice guy and well liked by the other contestants. 

Edited by Runningwild
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, mtlchick said:

When the song is "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)" and Sean Spicer is dancing to it, you're wondering if the producers are secretly punking us all. 

I have to scrub Sean attempting to gyrate out of my head now 😕

(Also, speaking of songs, first off, that was a really...interesting...version of "Don't Stop Believin'", and as for that version of Tom Petty's "American Girl"...don't do Petty like that.)

2 minutes ago, Star Gazer said:

Also carrie Anna’s “I’m shocked and irritated “ well.. do a better job scoring. You are kind of part of the problem.

Right? Stop giving him 7s and praising him for "his effort" when he's doing little more than stomping around the floor and letting his partner dance while he stands there. 

In happier topics, daaaaaaaaaaaaaam, Ally! Loved James and Kel in particular, too. I could see it being those three duking it out (God willing...*Glares at Sean*)

Also, what's with Len making comments about behinds this season :p? 

• Love 8

As soon as I heard Sean was safe, I started yelling No, No, No, No, No!!!!! When he danced the judges were rough, almost cruel but yet gave him 7's. Why, Why, Why. Probably would not have made a difference this week, but maybe next week. I cannot believe people voting for him except for "meanness". You know that none of them are watching! And yes, the mermaids danced better!!!

Now on to Gleb...please keep your shirt on! Sorry but you body looked flabby and how can it when you dance all the time. Alan looked better and he left his on until he started to challenge Gleb! I agreed with all of the dance offs, but unfortunately it didn't get rid of Sean. 😥😥

Edited by suebee12
  • Love 7

At this point I just assume they could give Sean 1s and he'd still not make bottom two. Ally's one of the top scorers and keeps landing there on the non-strength of her bloc; who knows how big Sean's really is when it's almost certainly mostly composed of non-viewers?

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Star Gazer said:

Exactly, this woman gave that  damn man a 7, a freakin 7 and had the nerve to have shock look on her face when Bruno pulled out a 6 but then seems so irritated and shock that he isnt in the bottom. He shouldnt be getting anything higher than 5 and 5 is still too generous, he is horrible and hasnt improved much at all and want.

• Love 14

Stop giving Spicer 7’s.  His dancing is at a 4 at best.  I’m guessing they don’t want to make the audience mad by marking him lower but it’s like he’s getting scores for just showing up vs dancing.

Lauren should’ve been in the bottom 2 with her train wreck of a dance too. 

• Love 9
Just now, lavenderblue said:

At this point I just assume they could give Sean 1s and he'd still not make bottom two. Ally's one of the top scorers and keeps landing there on the non-strength of her bloc; who knows how big Sean's really is when it's almost certainly mostly composed of non-viewers?

I feel truly sorry for Ally because one usually pop girls arent respected by dwts voting viewers. Im glad Carrieanne made the statement to Ally that she is more than just a girl from a girl group and she is. Alot of times these girls come on the show is treated like sh*t from the audience for whatever reason and its ridiculous. 

Ally killed that paso doble and proved she belong in this competition, that was byfar her best dance of the season.

• Love 11

I truly dont wish no sickness or illness on anyone but at this point the only way Sean is out is he has to get hurt or something so he can forfeited the competition. He needs to break a leg or arm something before next Monday.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

This is the first week that I liked Ally's dance. That Paso Doble was Awesome!  Hannah was great in her Quick Step, but she was much looser and fun in the second half, so totally agree on not a 30.  Thought Kel's dance was very good also.  Laurens dance was a big mess, no comment on Sean.

The differences between Ally and Kel were glaringly obvious.  Kel was sooooo much better.  They were together and smooth.  Ally and Pasha were not together and most of the time she looked lost.  Same with Hannah and Lauren.  Hannah knew what she was doing and stayed with her partner, Lauren and Gleb were not a team.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Sean is going to make it to the finale, Isn't he?

I'm bracing myself for it. I'm annoyed but in a way I feel like this show deserves it for casting him in the first place. 

The only thing that can salvage this mess of a season for me is James winning. Geez he is freaking amazing.

• Love 17

I dont know what the judges were smoking about Lauren in that dance off, she was a hotmess and really hotmess when Gleb left her and she started doing her booty roll, I was like girl  u got all that ass and dont know how to swirve it, I wanted to help her out so bad but of course I was just watching from home, LOL. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Aww Kate..you peaked a few weeks ago but you were still fun to watch..and you were a damn siht better than Spicer....Honestly, never seen Tom look so pissed off tonight....

A lot of great dances tonight...and having Spicer lead off the show and then et him out of the way was really nice...

I  just don't get why voting for Spicer is supposed to be some sort of message to Hollyweird..DWTS us about as far away from Hollywood as you can get. It is NOT meant to alter the course of the entertainment industry, It's a cheesy, guilty pleasure of a show...sheeeesh...

James can totally win all this...Lauren needs a better partner...

• Love 10
Just now, vdw84 said:

I dont know what the judges were smoking about Lauren in that dance off, she was a hotmess and really hotmess when Gleb left her and she started doing her booty roll, I was like girl  u got all that ass and dont know how to swirve it, I wanted to help her out so bad but of course I was just watching from home, LOL. 

Oh, she was bad in the dance off but I think the judges were just trying to pretend that all three match ups were close so they didn't make it 100% obvious who was winning before they held up the paddles.

I will say for once I think the judges got all three of the dance off winners right.  The only one IMO that was close was the first one with Ally and Kel but I thought Kel was better.  Of course Kate washed Spicer, and I thought she was much improved from her original cha cha.  And Hannah was much better than Lauren.

• Love 8

This is not a popularity contest! It is a dancing contest!!! Sean Spicer needs to go!! 

Agreed! And the judges need to remember it's a dance contest, not an effort contest. Give Sean the scores he deserves based on his dancing!

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
25 minutes ago, TiredMe said:

I am disgusted. I wish Len would have kept his mouth shut about them trying to get Sean off because it prob spurred more ridiculous voting. The producers really screwed the pooch. If he wins after last years debacle, I am done with this show. I quit The Voice this year because of the idiocy of the Blake voting block so pretty soon my Monday’s will be free!

that being said, Kate was terrible tonight and so was Alaina. 

And yea, Gleb, cover the hell up. Just no

Yeah Len nor Carrieanne need to be looking confused because they gave that man a damn 7 on his dance. Someone tell me where has Sean proven that he is 7 dancer??? I actually liked kate better in her jive than cha cha cha, she was just as bad as Sean and that is not good but she didnt deserve to go over him.

• Love 6
Just now, stonehaven said:

I  just don't get why voting for Spicer is supposed to be some sort of message to Hollyweird..DWTS us about as far away from Hollywood as you can get. It is NOT meant to alter the course of the entertainment industry, It's a cheesy, guilty pleasure of a show...sheeeesh...

Also all the sticking it to the libs and Hollyweird is so weird to me when you look at who Spicer is competing against.  Two southern women in Hannah and Lauren, who aren't exactly Hollywood girls.  Kate, a hard working person who worked multiple jobs while trying to make it?  Who are all these Hollywood types he's trying to take down?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
Just now, spanana said:

Also all the sticking it to the libs and Hollyweird is so weird to me when you look at who Spicer is competing against.  Two southern women in Hannah and Lauren, who aren't exactly Hollywood girls.  Kate, a hard working person who worked multiple jobs while trying to make it?  Who are all these Hollywood types he's trying to take down?

Really all of them were just regular people before the fame. I dont think its one person in the competition that is so hollywood that Sean should be saying this about, he just mad his ass dances like scarescrow and the rest dont.

• Love 5
Just now, BuckeyeLou said:

Did I see Kelly Pickler sitting behind the judges table?  I wonder why she was there?  Didn't she win her season?

She could have been supporting Lauren, werent they all on American Idol?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

It's ABC and the producers fault for casting Spicer in the first place. They knew what they were doing, knew how people would react and knew that he could very well coast by.

If they truly wanted to change the voting system after last season's debacle (which I, admittedly, didn't see but heard plenty about), then they would keep the voting to the studio audience in real time along with the judges scores. That's the only way I can think of to stop people voting for stupidity in a dancing competition. The folks getting tickets to the show are actual fans. As it is half the country can't even vote unless they take the time to sign in and look up dances before it even airs in their timezone. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, vdw84 said:

Really all of them were just regular people before the fame. I dont think its one person in the competition that is so hollywood that Sean should be saying this about, he just mad his ass dances like scarescrow and the rest dont.

That is what I mean.  Mind you it's a talking point from his fans. I don't know if Sean is saying it or just his fans.  Bobby keep saying it about Lauren too, but I can at least deal with Lauren and she's far better than Spicer.  

Literally the only person this season that I'd say was even born into a sort of Hollywood upbringing was probably Sailor.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, spanana said:

Yeah, this. It's not like Sean's up against a bunch of A-listers who've been sharing their political views all over the place or anything like that.  

• Love 3
Just now, vdw84 said:

She could have been supporting Lauren, werent they all on American Idol?

Yes. Kellie in season 5 and Lauren in season 10. Plus they are both country singers that presumably hang around the same producers, crowds, etc, in Nashville.

• Love 3

Ally, Kel, and Hannah were my favorites tonight. I am not a fan of contemporary but James did great too.

Sean was way over scored as usual.  

Lauren's first dance was just okay and she looked awkward in the dance off. 

I was sad to see Kate go but at this point I am not surprised. She had kind of lost steam over the past few weeks and it's obvious Sean wasn't going anywhere. 

• Love 4

I was so mad when I posted about Mr. Clumpy feet, I forgot to mention how great James was! I haven't liked a contemporary dance since Derek was on. (I'm not counting James and Sharna since that was a free style). This dance to night was wonderful to watch. Didn't Emma say someone choreographed it for her? I can't wait to watch it again!!!!!

2 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Did I see Kelly Pickler sitting behind the judges table?  I wonder why she was there?  Didn't she win her season?

I was going to ask the same thing. Maybe she was supporting the "Southern Girls"! She was in a really pretty blue dress!

• Love 5

Im just not a fan of contemporary on dwts. I love the style but not for this show, it just doesnt fit for some reason and I just dont think any of the pros can choreograph it to save their ass. I think the only pros who were good at contemporay were derek, mark, allison, I think whitney is good at it too but thats it but they r crossedtrained where the others r mainly ballroom.

• Love 7

Well, I guess I appreciate them announcing Sean first and not getting our hopes up, at least. Sad to see Kate go just because I love Pasha so much.

James's little girls are so adorable. When he hugged his parents I was thinking, someone give that little girl a hug!

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Ethelbeavers said:

Lauren's first dance was just okay and she looked awkward in the dance off. 

Given her comments about her issues with her ribs last week, I imagine that might've been part of why she seemed a bit awkward at times. It was like she was trying to be extra careful. Not that I blame her, of course, I would be, too. 

• Love 4

This show is what it is now. Low judges scores are only going to rally fans of bad dancers to vote more.  They’ve backed themselves into a corner.

For what it’s worth, disregarding the obvious, the dancers have been going in probably the correct order.

• Love 6

Oh, just remembered something else! Remember last year we saw the online voting....wonder how Sean would have done with that? Glad I didn't have to find out...at least the judges picked the correct person to lose....which is what I want to see happen to Sean!

• Love 3