Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E08: Dance-Off Week

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Yeah, this. It's not like Sean's up against a bunch of A-listers who've been sharing their political views all over the place or anything like that.  

It’s not about who Sean is dancing against. This is an opportunity for conservatives to show Hollywood (or Hollyweird) that there are a lot of Americans that don’t agree with their politics. 

I also disagree that people voting for Sean aren’t watching the show. I think it’s highly likely that conservatives are watching and are, regardless of dancing ability, using this opportunity to show their support for President Trump and his conservative platform. 

• Love 6

Im so afraid that kel and Ally want be able to beatout Seans fanbase and I can see them being the shocking bottom two next week. We havent had a major shocking elimination yet and I can see it coming down to Ally and Kel and that I know will be extremely difficult for the judges to make a decision esp if they both perform just as good next week as this week. I hope im wrong but they r the only two left in the competition who has seen the bottom two and im just scared something like that is going to happen.

Just now, OnTime said:

I will miss Kate.

Just give Spicer the mirror ball and end it now.

If he wins dwts can kiss their show goodbye. The wrath that will come from it will be too much for this show withstand and it will serves the producers right for casting him in the first place.

• Love 12

So Happy to see James and Emma get ALL 10's.  They so deserved it.  They've been Underscored in the past.  Smart money is on James for the win.  He can dance and he has an established fan base (which Milo really didn't have last season).

Edited by escape
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, vdw84 said:

If he wins dwts can kiss their show goodbye. The wrath that will come from it will be too much for this show withstand and it will serves the producers right for casting him in the first place.

Assuming that everyone that watches is liberal and wants the best dancer to win? Is that how Bobby Bones won last year? 

That might be why the producers will just throw in the towel, but I think maybe the ratings and the number of votes will keep the show going. It’s one of the few conservative voices available in Hollywood. 

• Love 1
Just now, escape said:

So Happy to see James and Emma get ALL 10's.  They so deserved it.  They've been Underscored in the past.  Smart money is on James for the win.  He can dance and he has an established fan base. 

I think its going to come down to him and hannah. I can seem them being top 2 and him taking it possibly just on their fanbase alone. 

• Love 4

Last week I was angry and this week I'm just really sad. My friend and I were talking about it and we both said that in seasons past, we haven't always agreed with who made the top three but the show/viewers have always picked the best of that three to win. Then last season happened. And now this season is happening. I wasn't one of those people who said I was never going to watch again when Bobby Bones won. But if Sean wins this season, I don't know that I can ever look at the show as my nice happy place anymore. And if I can't do that, how can I watch it again? This may be premature but I'm feeling a real sense of loss here. 😢

On a more episode-specific note, I really loved James's dance and I normally side-eye contemporary hard. It was beautiful. And Ally's paso was great. I was crazy about her skirt work during that percussion section in the middle. Poor Lauren really messed up tonight but I think she can get past it and do better next week. I was impressed with Hannah's salsa during the dance-off, especially considering she hadn't done it before. Kel was so much fun to watch, he's improving every week. And I'm so sad to see Kate go. I don't think she could've gone much further than next week but it's a travesty that Sean is still here and she isn't.

• Love 12
39 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

It’s not about who Sean is dancing against. This is an opportunity for conservatives to show Hollywood (or Hollyweird) that there are a lot of Americans that don’t agree with their politics. 

Except that's not the message that's coming across to most viewers. It just comes off to everyone not voting for him as nothing more than pure spite, and that's not fair to the people who are actually good dancers, or at least, better than Sean. People shouldn't be voting for somebody based on their political leanings on this show. 

And like I said last week, if people are truly that tired of Hollywood's politics, then why are they watching a show whose whole purpose is to showcase Hollywood celebrities to begin with? 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Except that's not the message that's coming across to most viewers. It just comes off to everyone not voting for him as nothing more than pure spite, and that's not fair to the people who are actually good dancers, or at least, better than Sean. People shouldn't be voting for somebody based on their political leanings on this show. 

And like I said last week, if people are truly that tired of Hollywood's politics, then why are they watching a show whose whole purpose is to showcase Hollywood celebrities to begin with? 

That’s how it’s coming across to you. And it’s certainly not new that people are not voting for the best dancer. 

You’re saying you are absolutely sure that every other winner won based on their dancing skills and any votes for them were not based upon their political leanings or sticking it to some group of people? That there was no winner where the deck was stacked in their favor so they could send a “message” to a certain group?

Edited by Runningwild
4 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

You’re saying you are absolutely sure that every other winner won based on their dancing skills and any votes for them were not based upon their political leanings or sticking it to some group of people? That there was no winner where the deck was stacked in their favor so they could send a “message” to a certain group?

Never said that. I know full well people have voted for contestants for reasons unrelated to their dancing ability in the past, too.

But I'll also point out that plenty of people complained in those instances as well. And in this particular case, the message being sent and the intense support for Spicer of all people is especially frustrating to many for a whole host of reasons. I can't expand further on that here, 'cause site rules and all, but that's worth keeping in mind, too. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Couldn't TPTB just place Sean in the bottom two and lie about it? I mean, who would really know, right?

I like the way you think!

If anyone wants the results released, ABC can inform people that the studio is being audited. 😉 I don’t work for ABC, but I will gladly volunteer to compose a letter that will assure everyone that the results were perfect.  

If I don’t laugh my ass off about this shit, I will cry. Admittedly, I did laugh really hard tonight, especially during the dance off.

Did anyone else hear Bruno mistakenly refer to “religion” during the first critique of the night?! God bless you, Bruno.  If I didn’t know better, I’d swear that he was trolling the trashiest troll to have ever tangoed on TV. 

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, vdw84 said:

I truly dont wish no sickness or illness on anyone but at this point the only way Sean is out is he has to get hurt or something so he can forfeited the competition. He needs to break a leg or arm something before next Monday.

How can he get hurt if he doesn't even lift his damn feet off the ground?!? 🙄

• LOL 18
  • Love 6

Lauren's jive was...not good. But despite what a mess it was, at least there was lots of jive content and she managed to pick her feet off the ground.

Now imagine Stompy McStomperson attempting the same jive routine. We're talking about someone who got 7s for a supposed jazz routine that consisted of him walking down the stairs, posing, standing still while Jenna danced around him, more walking, more posing, more standing still while Jenna walked around him, and a few knee high kicks. And all while wearing the same frozen deer in the headlights expression.

Similarly, Kel's salsa wasn't his best performance but it was clearly miles better than Spicy because he had actual dance steps and he performed them.

Ally's paso was one of her better performances this season. Can we have her hair in a bun more often so that she can't rely on her usual hair flinging? That alone was a huge improvement. She still really needs to work on her floppy arms and weak frame. Johnny Castle: YOU GOTTA HOLD THE FRAME. Sasha did a good job choreographing to the music.

Hannah's quickstep was pretty good. Her footwork is cleaner than everyone else who's left.

Kate's jive was decent but not great. Unfortunately the camera people seemed determined to shoot it in the most unflattering way possible. I will miss her positive attitude and Pasha's overall awesomeness. He is a great pro so I hope he does well next season!

James' contemporary was one of the best contemporary routines we've seen on the show in quite a while (that's mostly due to the fact that the pros are shit at choreographing them). James is really limber and learns quickly so I wish that Emma had given him more dancing and less partnering. The little bit of dancing she actually gave him to do in between lifts looked pretty good (the one armed cartwheel and the chassé en tournant both looked great - and the latter was a great tiny tribute to the Glee pilot).

The camerawork during the dance offs was so annoying. How can I compare two dancers if you keep cutting back and forth between them? And who the hell shoots dancers from the waist up? Gawd, I hate this show so much sometimes.

In the Ally/Kel jiv dance off, Kel won for me. He could use a little more polish/refinement and some attention to details, but Ally was SO AWKWARD doing that dance. I always complain about her spaghetti arms but in this dance it was clear that her legs are very weak and imprecise in their movements too so apparently this is just an all over problem for her.

Kate didn't do the best cha cha I've ever seen on the show, but at least she was actually dancing. Once again, Sean stood around and did nothing for most of the dance while Jenna danced around him. He also did the most basic step over and over. Just cover the top half of your screen and watch how much Kate's feet move and how much Sean's move. On a shallow note, I liked Kate's pink sparkly dress.

Hannah was the winner of the salsa dance off. Lauren has sloppy feet and she was just a mess during this dance.

5 hours ago, Jsage said:

the judges need to remember it's a dance contest, not an effort contest. Give Sean the scores he deserves based on his dancing!

ITA - I judge based on actual dance performances. I don't care how hard you try if you are still terrible. I'm willing to give some credit for improvement over the season because that requires work and effort, but to me the most important aspect is what I see on the dance floor. If you work really hard but you're still awful, I'm not going to vote for you because this is a dance competition, not an effort contest. But Spicy gets zero points on all counts because he's a terrible dancer and he hasn't improved at all in eight weeks. He's just as stompy and awkward now in the eighth week as he was in the first week.

5 hours ago, JenLily said:

in seasons past, we haven't always agreed with who made the top three but the show/viewers have always picked the best of that three to win. 😢

I'm STILL mad that Kelly Monaco won S1.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, spanana said:

ultimately the fault lands with TPTB because the producers should have seen this coming.  So if he wins and it blows up the show, that is on them.  It will suck for the dancers who make a living off of the show, but TPTB have nobody to blame but themselves.

They should have seen it coming by now. Especially after last season. I’d like to think it will send a message to Hollywood that not everyone agrees with them and not everyone feels the same as them but I think it’s falling on deaf ears and it’s just another reason to be mad at our president. 

• Love 1

The judging has been a mess this season. I don't think it's just with Spicer either because I find others overscored at times (mainly Ally and Lauren). Idk why they have been giving Sean 7s as that was what they gave Bobby last season, and Bobby was honestly way better than Sean. He shouldn't be getting above 6s. He also deserved some 4s back when they were handing them out to Lamar. I actually thought Lauren deserved some 7s tonight too with her mess ups.

My favorite dances were Hannah, Kel, and Ally. I enjoyed the dance offs too and thought the correct couples won. Lauren and Ally didn't look too great on that dance off and it showed they have some weaknesses the judges seem to ignore. James is my favorite and I think the only hope to beat Spicer. I think people will rally around him more than last season where people seemed split between Milo and Evanna.

I was sad to see Kate go. She was one of my favorites and so likeable to watch. Pasha was a great addition too! However, if Sean wasn't eliminated then I did think it was Kate or Lauren's time to go. Kate did mess up some this week and I felt had gotten a bit stagnant. She was up and down having some awesome routines and then some lackluster ones. I think Jive is a hard dance though and takes a lot of energy.

I really want Sean out but idk if it will happen unless they have another double elimination. The new voting system is terrible. It doesn't seem much different than before except it cuts out the West Coast... I'm not really a fan of the judges choosing either, at least not 100%. I really think there should be an option where if it goes to Len and he can't decide, then he can revert it back to America's vote. I just don't want to see who they pick if it's between two solid dancers, say Ally vs Kel or Ally vs Hannah.

• Love 6

I just miss the days of competitive dancing, where you had a lot of people hitting it, and the poor dancers gradually disappeared.  There are a few good ones left, but they will be eliminated before Sean, so we will be left with his remedial stomping around in the finale.  That will be great.  Well, DWTS, this one is on you.... you knew that would happen, and his appearance is only bring votes not the viewers you hoped for.  The last I saw Sean was a person that people made fun of on SNL, not some highly popular person.

• Love 7

If Spicey wins - and the longer he remains, the more likely that's becoming - I honestly think that will be the death knell for this show.   I'm not in favor of injecting politics into DWTS, but if that's what they want to do, is there not one single conservative who can actually dance??  I can't recall one who's been on that show who can.   I could be wrong.

As someone wiser upthread made mention of, I'd like to relax with the show to get away from the awfulness of the current political climate, not have it screaming at me from the dance floor.

Tom seemed uncharacteristically pissed at the end of the show, not his usual jokey self.  I wouldn't be surprised if (big IF) the show comes back next year that he quits.  Don't know what his contract is, but contracts are made to be broken.

That being said, if SS does win, that could be the actual end of the show.   We said that last year; but two clods in a row could be too much to bear, IMO.  And Tom tried to head this off but was over-ruled.   He saw this coming.

When did this formerly fun show morph from an enjoyable dance competition to a continuance of polarizing politics?  

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 17

In lighter topics, Len's love for Pasha knows no bounds.  He crashed their interview to praise Pasha some more.  I'm not sure I've ever seen Len love a pro more.  I also just love both of their attitudes.  Someone needs to bottle this woman's energy.

Kate, Pasha & Len

Also in the same set of interviews, Carrie Anne did an incredulous one about how she's so upset about the voting and Spicy still being here, without saying his name of course, and she thought the whole Bobby thing was a one off last season.  Which I will say it's not the judges fault idiot Spicer got cast because clearly they don't have that kind of say, but is she also not the same woman giving Spicer a 7 when she gave both Lauren & Kate 8's last night.  I'm not saying scoring him lower would necessarily work, but the judges could be trying a little harder to separate some room.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 9

I wonder if the over scoring they are giving Sean now is because they are stuck in a spot where his audience votes are so far ahead of some of the other remaining dancers that they know their scores don’t matter anyway. If they score him with 4s and 5s and he still beats people like Ally or Kate or Lauren then it looks especially bad for the premise of the show. If his judges scores are not as far off from the others and he sticks around it looks less shocking in some way? I don’t know if I explained what i am trying to say clearly. 

Anyway, the producers should have known this would be the outcome when they cast him. I have not been watching, just reading here and occasionally checking out some of the dances on YouTube. I knew Sean would at least make it halfway through the season before even one dance was danced. Up until this week I pegged him to come in 4th with a final 3 of Hannah, James and Ally but if he is beating Ally in votes now maybe everyone should prepare themselves now for a Sean Spicer freestyle. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

It's a real shame about Kate. I had a feeling that she'd end up going. Now, I have to worry about Kel next week because they're going to keep Ally over Kel, and I could see both of those two landing in the bottom again. 

Hannah had a much better week this time. I loved her Quickstep and am marginally disappointed that it scored lower than Ally's. I think it's because I'm annoyed at the judges' favouritism with Ally compared to everyone else. Ally stood at a microphone for 20 seconds and got a 10 from Len, but one little issue with the hold and Len scores Hannah a 9? Len, we know you love Ally, but at least try to appear more fair. Len doesn't seem to like Hannah at ALL. 

I was really worried for James' scores, and I did notice a slip...but am glad the judges didn't and rightfully gave him his 10s. Though, if Len had given him a 9, I would have understood.

I am so glad Kel had a better week as well. Although I give side-eye to the music choice, Kel did a great job and earned that first 10. I also loved that he had a better jive this week and he won his dance-off against Ally. 

Sean.... *sigh*. This is exactly why they needed to completely change the way the scores are calculated. You simply can't have the audience vote as big as it is, because in this day and age, people WILL mass vote. Fans of celebs WILL be passionate enough to ensure that they stick around, whether or not they're good dancers. Sean's fanbase IS voting for him to stay and they don't even need to bother watching the performances to do so. It's like Bobby and his fanbase; I bet only 20% of his fans voting last season actually tuned into the show. 

Honestly, if they want an audience vote, just stick with the studio audience voting. At this point, that's a better alternative than what they have now. If they want a national audience vote, have it weigh less, or even have the top three vote getters earn a point to their scores and the lowest two vote getters have points deducted. Or something along those lines, if they really fear that the show's ratings will tank if there's no voting system in place. I know my idea doesn't quite work, but they could figure something out.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

If Spicey wins - and the longer he remains, the more likely that's becoming - I honestly think that will be the death knell for this show.   I'm not in favor of injecting politics into DWTS, but if that's what they want to do, is there not one single conservative who can actually dance??  I can't recall one who's been on that show who can.   I could be wrong.

As someone wiser upthread made mention of, I'd like to relax with the show to get away from the awfulness of the current political climate, not have it screaming at me from the dance floor.

Tom seemed uncharacteristically pissed at the end of the show, not his usual jokey self.  I wouldn't be surprised if (big IF) the show comes back next year that he quits.  Don't know what his contract is, but contracts are made to be broken.

That being said, if SS does win, that could be the actual end of the show.   We said that last year; but two clods in a row could be too much to bear, IMO.  And Tom tried to head this off but was over-ruled.   He saw this coming.

When did this formerly fun show morph from an enjoyable dance competition to a continuance of polarizing politics?  

Season 3?

Probably when they started recruiting people connected to politics/politicians. Or when actors started using awards shows to lecture us on what we should think. Or when sports became political. 

I’d like to know what criteria the producers use to recruit celebrities. 

And I would like this show to be about dancing and not politics. I do have to hand it to Sean, his intro packages seem focused on everything but politics. 

• Love 3

First of all, so sorry for Lindsey's loss!  

Sean: Boy oh boy!  He had to figure out a different partner but I don't think even with Lindsey it would have looked any better.  He is truly a terrible dancer.  His dance off was completely laughable.  It just goes to show how much the judges votes don't matter.  It matters how America votes.

Lauren: Oh man, that first dance was a train wreck!  How many times did she mess up?  I guess everyone has that one dance in the season when they just can't get it together.  I thought the dance off was fairly equal.  Gleb was definitely trying hard to get Carriann's vote!

Kel:  He is really improving week to week.  I think the Latin dances are certainly in his wheelhouse. He was the clear winner in the dance off.  

Ally: The Paso was great.  She was certainly working the skirt!  She deserved a 30 IMO.  She seemed out of sorts during the dance off.

Hannah:  I'm pretty much over her.  she a fine dancer but something about her just puts me off.  She had a blast during the dance off & I think it looked like she & Lauren had a blast.

Kate: Oh poor Kate.  I just don't think she had the Oompf this week that she's had before.  I do think she was serving it in the dance off!  

James:  The dance was beautiful and Emma is an amazing Pro.  I was less put off by him this week than I have been before.  No dance off for him.

On a side note: Must have been some production problems tonight with the way Erin & Tom were bantering after the commercial breaks about "loving live TV".  Erin looked really pretty tonight.  I like her hair down.  Kel's Salsa costume kept pulling my attention away.  The blue placement was weird.  Was the over the top plaid ever explained in Kate's performance?  I didn't get it.  At this point I don't even listen to the judges critics & according to the voting no one else is either.

• Love 2

When they chose Jenna to stand in for Lindsay, I thought maybe that was to help get rid of him. :)

Don't they usually have a double elimination by now? They probably aren't because the will lose two good dancers over Spicer and they don't want to do that.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I'm STILL mad that Kelly Monaco won S1.

LOL, okay, I'll give you that one. I'm going to chalk it up to new-show-growing-pains. At least they tried to rectify it with that rematch (even though yes, I know we all know that was BS, too). 😊

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TeeMo said:

I wonder if the over scoring they are giving Sean now is because they are stuck in a spot where his audience votes are so far ahead of some of the other remaining dancers that they know their scores don’t matter anyway. If they score him with 4s and 5s and he still beats people like Ally or Kate or Lauren then it looks especially bad for the premise of the show. If his judges scores are not as far off from the others and he sticks around it looks less shocking in some way? I don’t know if I explained what i am trying to say clearly. 

I get what you are trying to say and it certainly is a possibility, but the thing is that the judges are acting shocked every week when he's announced safe.  I don't think any of them are great actors and plus after hearing CA kind of freaking out after the show about it, I just don't think the judges would know that about the scoring.  I guess it's possible TPTB are whispering in their ear the range of scores to give for contestants but not telling them the why, but I don't think the judges know or they wouldn't be acting the way they are acting.

The only part I don't get at this point is why everyone is acting shocked week to week. I knew going in that Spicer would still be safe this week and Kate was likely toast landing in the B2 with anyone else.  Yet my mother freaks out every week at the end of the show when he's still there.

Just now, TVbitch said:

When they chose Jenna to stand in for Lindsay, I thought maybe that was to help get rid of him. 🙂

Speaking of this, I'm sure they had Jenna stand in because she had more experience and Lindsay may have asked her directly, but I thought the whole point of Daniella/Keo this season was that they were swing pros to step in where necessary if somebody had to be out.  Don't get me wrong in that I'm happy to spare poor Daniella from having to be anywhere near Spicer, but isn't that what she's there to do?

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

I’d like to know what criteria the producers use to recruit celebrities. 

I would love to know this also!  So they have a section on ABC.com where viewer can make suggestions or vote on possible celebs?  

Who would be good picks?  Maybe...

Jessie James Decker, Someone from Jersey Shore, Brett Farve, or bring back some of the past contestants who were eliminated the first 6 weeks of their season?

• Love 2

Just a reminder:

Though we are allowing LIMITED talk about President Trump (or other politicos) tweeting/showing support for Sean Spicer on the show and how that may affect voting, personal politics is STILL off-topic. 

Keep it to the show, people.  

• Love 8

Thank you show for putting Spicer first, so I could skip him and watch the rest of the show. Actually, the dance offs were pretty good, especially the one between Ally and Kel. I would have loved to see one between James and Hannah.

James, Hannah, and Ally were really good. Kel is entertaining, but I thought he was a bit overscored, though. I do like him though, and wouldn't mind if he was in the finals.

I'm not sure Spicer is going to win. Remember, Bones beat a teenage boy and a model (not exactly favorites of this show's demographic). Spicer, however, is up against two country girls and a dorky guy, all of whom are favorites of their audience. I'm sure a lot of people who are actually watching who vote for Spicer are also voting for them.

I'd be on board with a James, Hannah, Lauren final.

• Love 4

Ok big question im confused about. How in the hell were they able to meet up and know who they were dancing with in the danceoff before the airing of the show before scores were fully tallied in to determine who is safe from the danceoff?

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Hannah had a much better week this time. I loved her Quickstep and am marginally disappointed that it scored lower than Ally's. I think it's because I'm annoyed at the judges' favouritism with Ally compared to everyone else. Ally stood at a microphone for 20 seconds and got a 10 from Len, but one little issue with the hold and Len scores Hannah a 9? Len, we know you love Ally, but at least try to appear more fair. Len doesn't seem to like Hannah at ALL. 

New to this particular forum, but I came here to see if anyone else felt this way.  Thank you for making me feel like I’m not crazy!  I think Ally could relieve herself in the middle of the dancefloor and Len would give her a 10.  Don’t get me wrong, she’s a good dancer, but I think the judges are just in love with her and will nitpick anything that Hannah does.  Spicer thing aside, I think Ally may win the whole thing, even over James, who I think just may deserve it.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Exactly.

It should just be a fun, silly dance competition and now it has become political.

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Ok big question im confused about. How in the hell were they able to meet up and know who they were dancing with in the danceoff before the airing of the show before scores were fully tallied in to determine who is safe from the danceoff?

Because they determined it I believe based on cumulative scores from the season.  James was safe from the dance off because he was the highest scorer across the entire season, not last night.  I could be wrong, but I assumed that was how they determined the rest of the pairings as well though that wasn't specifically said.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

My interpretation of it was that it was based on cumulative judges’ scores through last week. 

While I was really disappointed to see Kate go, she likely would’ve been out next week anyway even if Sean left last night. She had a great run and hopefully gained some new fans in the process. 

13 hours ago, spanana said:

Oh, she was bad in the dance off but I think the judges were just trying to pretend that all three match ups were close so they didn't make it 100% obvious who was winning before they held up the paddles.

I will say for once I think the judges got all three of the dance off winners right.  The only one IMO that was close was the first one with Ally and Kel but I thought Kel was better.  Of course Kate washed Spicer, and I thought she was much improved from her original cha cha.  And Hannah was much better than Lauren.

I agree with this and with the judges.  Ally and Kel were the closest but Kel was better.  No contest between Kate and Spicer.  I like the confidence that both Hannah and Lauren showed.  I think the judges also didn't want either one to feel bad.  Lauren looked a little disappointed when Hannah won.  Maybe, she would have felt better if she had one vote but I agreed with the judges.  I blame Gleb and made her over exaggerate that booty roll.  Plus he made it all about him by taking off his shirt.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, realdancemom said:

I agree with this and with the judges.  Ally and Kel were the closest but Kel was better.  No contest between Kate and Spicer.  I like the confidence that both Hannah and Lauren showed.  I think the judges also didn't want either one to feel bad.  Lauren looked a little disappointed when Hannah won.  Maybe, she would have felt better if she had one vote but I agreed with the judges.  I blame Gleb and made her over exaggerate that booty roll.  Plus he made it all about him by taking off his shirt.

I agree on that too. I think Lauren had so much confidence out there shaking it that they also didn't want to entirely crap on her effort and kill her vibe.  But as you said, on the other side Lauren looked a little bummed when she didn't get even one vote.

I was also glad Kate got to go out at least after the dance off where she got a win and also I thought she seemed a lot more carefree and confident in the cha cha, which was a nice vibe to go out on.  Though maybe she was confident going against Spicer.  Ha.  She was having a ball during that one.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, kitcloudkicker said:

No politicians should be on this thing, it makes everything too stupid.

I don't think they should necessarily ban all politicians, just the unethical ones. Geez, I long for the days when "controversial" meant someone like Kate Gosselin. She was annoying, but nowhere near as bad as Paula Deen, Tonya Harding, Ryan Lochte, Sean Spicer, etc. Those people were all vile and had no business being portrayed as sympathetic figures who needed redemption. If they want to go down the redemption angle, then get some former drunk or someone who sincerely made a mistake and regrets it, not bold-faced liars who are just trying to make a buck. Or get someone who is "controversial" in a good way like Colin Kaepernick or Megan Rapinoe.  

• Love 14
16 hours ago, vdw84 said:

the only way Sean is out is he has to get hurt or something so he can forfeited the competition. He needs to break a leg or arm something before next Monday.

This will never happen unless someone pushes him down some stairs. No one gets hurt when they stand in one spot and wave their arms around. LOL that his dance was "a storytelling jazz." There was no jazz, no storytelling, no dancing. And 7s? TPTB must be telling the judges how to score since the scores do not match their comments. My guess is both are to fire up viewers ... and those non-viewers who are voting anyway.

I remember Master P getting 4s. That was back when this show was ... well, better IMO.

Alaina got ranked on for "goof ups," but at least she was dancing when she "goofed up." When someone just walks and waves arms around, it's (nearly) impossible to goof anything up.

Hannah's Angry Bird eyebrows were in full attendance last night. She takes Alan to her home and freaking shows him her bedroom? WTH girl, are you 12?

The dance-off pairings were so rigged. I knew Kate would be with Sean.

Sorry to see Kate go. She and Alan were my favorite couple, so much fun to watch. I hope lots more doors open for Kate now, she is a joyful person. Even her exit was graceful and fun.

• Love 3