Type keyword(s) to search

Heather Dubrow:"Let Them Eat Cake, But Don't Touch My Bow."

• Start Topic

For me, the difference is, I don't think Shannon has ever complained about how overwhelmed she is being a SAHM.

I don't begrudge anyone for having help. I thought that was the original point of these shows. To show how the wealthy lived. Lavish lifestyles filled with shopping, mansions, champagne, diamonds, charity balls, tennis at the country club, cat fights in the fountain, and secret affairs. Basically, everything I've ever seen on Dynasty.  

Heather has tried to portray herself as someone who "juggles" the "demands" of her acting career and being a Mom. We're supposed to be in awe of how she does it so effortlessly and perfectly. The scene where Lizzie is asking for advice on how to "have it all" was ludicrous. She "has it all" because she doesn't do it all. Duh.

I think it kind of fits into our perception of how we feel about the gals in general. When someone is easy to dislike (and Heather certainly is) we remember the strange stuff and assign negative connotations to it for a very long time. Heather had the story about being overwhelmed last year at the beginning of the season. I don't think it lasted more than 4 or 5 episodes, then it was over, Terry was forgiven, and she certainly didn't spend this season moaning about it. It was never part of her story this year. As the matter of fact, it was just the opposite, with her doing what folks were demanding she do last year which was to owning up to the help she had. This year we saw her nanny, her Assistant, her Personal Chef. She said she was lucky to have all these folks, but in many cases it is harder to forget the negative impression from last year because of her personality. Even if she is not complaining about how hard she has it, this appears to be something that will just stick with her.

Shannon on the other hand is much easier to like. I like most things about her, especially her humor. Therefore even though the first half of the season was spent with her being a horrible bitch to her husband, it is easy to forget about a lot of it because she is not behaving that way anymore. She doesn't get judged for a lot of her past behavior because she is for the most part easy to like.

• Love 5

Well for me the main difference between Heather (and that twat she's married to) being disliked and Shannon being liked has nothing to do with their wealth. Everything Heather and Terry do feels preplanned and plotted (as I'm sure it is, complete with scripts). They keep trying to come up with a storyline that appeals to the audience and the phony stories and acting just doesn't work. They've tried the SAHM actress goes back to Hollywood, no one bought it. The stressed couple fighting to the point of the dreaded D word being uttered, even less people believed that one. This season we got to hear them talk about building the biggest and best house in NPB.....I guess that is to get us salivating for next season? Boring. Then when they weren't being pretentious assholes, we were subjected to their very skewed perceptions of reality.

Shannon and David on the other hand were themselves on camera.

Edited by Grneyedldy
  • Love 6

If anyone is Miss Jane, its stick up her butt Heather. Really though the Clampetts were to kind to be anyone from this group.

So true!  The Clampetts had hearts of gold, and they were genuine.  The whole conceit of that show was that they remained true to their roots despite all the wealth. They were much better and "realer" people than the shallow sacks of silicone that populate the RHOC.  

• Love 1

I seriously had a dream about Madam Perception slash fancy pants. She and Terry were ganging up on Shannon at their old house while her kids (Heathers were in the pool watching. All of a sudden Nicky Dubrow says "Hey mom, should we warm up the water wen you throw her in?"

• Love 2

The Valerie Cherish similarities are even more discernible now that The Comeback has returned to HBO.

Did anyone else see the reports about Heather lambasting Bravo for "harboring a criminal" (Teresa Giudice)? Although I don't necessarily disagree with the fundamental sentiments she expressed, it was a rather rich way for Mrs. Dubrow to return to the news cycle considering her last blog of the season began, "why judge? Does it make you feel better about your own lives?"

• Love 1

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to share this, but I thought some of you might appreciate this anecdote: last night I dreamed that all of my friends were mad at me for being condescending, but when I tried to defend myself it was in the voice and style of Heather Dubrow. So, I was saying things like, "Um, I am NOT condescending. If you HAD LISTENED TO ME PROPERLY you'd see I was ACTUALLY being self-deprecating. (That means 'to make fun of oneself')." Then I'd realize I had given the most condescending response imaginable and was mortified. And it kept happening! The Dubrows are literally the stuff of nightmares!

• Love 2

Being in bed sick, I was fishing around on Netflix and came across a reality show called "Bridalplasty".  It was a group of brides competing to win their dream wedding and plastic surgery.  I nearly fell out the bed when Terry Dubrow turned out to be the surgeon.  That makes four reality shows for this guy!  Terry must like being on television more than his practice.  Crazy.

• Love 2

Ah, you're right Bella Roche! I hadn't noticed. I guess that when you live a non Dubrow life (you know one without rich girl problems, nannies, and actual real problems) you tend not to notice when Dull bro is appearing somewhere.

• Love 1

Heather and Terry will be back on Evine flogging their Consult Beaute line this weekend (and 2 dinnertime shows tonight and tomorrow, I think).  Gotta pay for the mega mansion somehow.  :-)

What are the chances that every patient that visits Doc Dickhead finds a (non-complimentary) bag of this stuff waiting for them at the front desk when they go to settle their bill?

• Love 3

What are the chances that every patient that visits Doc Dickhead finds a (non-complimentary) bag of this stuff waiting for them at the front desk when they go to settle their bill?

You should hear the spiels they're spewing on Evine to shill their scientific vitamins and magic potions.  Of course, Madame Dubrow is the exalted result of this very expensive beauty regime.  Barf.

• Love 2

You should hear the spiels they're spewing on Evine to shill their scientific vitamins and magic potions.  Of course, Madame Dubrow is the exalted result of this very expensive beauty regime.  Barf.

Consult Beaute -- now you, too, can be Cindy Lou Who!

• Love 7

Looks like Heather is shilling champagne...according to tonight's episode. Named Collette because it sounds French. (Daughter CoCos real name). There will be another DuBrow cake!

I cannot believe, yet another HW with some wine. Although I always figured she would go the champagne route eventually.

Personally, I like Heather and I like the kind of stuff she brings to the show. The over-the-top house, the fancy cakes, the private plane rides to Napa. It's all just frivolous fun, and much more of what I want to see than fake eulogies, marriage trouble, and Cancer.

• Love 4
(edited)

That's right! I forgot that the silly Madame puppet is now trying to shill champagne. After that despicable display that she and Miss Terry put on with Shannon and David, I rather doubt that there will be any takers…at least I hope not.

We see you, Madame. You're Gramballs with a lot more cash--nothing more. And you and DumDum sound like a couple of nitwits when you bark and squawk about the porte cochere. Furthermore, you sound like an 'ignant' rube when you say, "We's gon' call it, 'Collette' cuz it sounds Fre-unch!" Imbecile. 

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 1

So, at this very early point in the season, I'm hopeful that Heather genuinely evaluated and reflected on her behavior last year (even though she was still trying to drum up anti-David animus after filming had wrapped). But I have to ask: why is it that everyone (okay, well, two cast mates)has marveled at her amazing powers of managing a household with the help of several staff members? I am sure a lot of stay at home moms could have it as "together" as Heather if they had a nanny, cook, and cleaning service.

• Love 2

And was this not an issue at one of the reunions when Alexis said they had chartered a private plane for Jim's birthday? Heather (ably supported by the tribunal that was Tams and The Wretchen) positively cackled at her that it was pretentious and annoying.

Now that you mention it steelcitysister, Heather is starting to remind of Alexis. Heather's gripe with Alexis in Season 8 was how much she talked about material things. Yet, look at what Heather has been doing so far this season.

• Love 5

I've said this so many times...so what's one more?! I am convinced that one of Heather's agendas in signing up for TEHOOC was to take Alexis and Jim down. Why? I have absolutely no fucking idea, but her dislike of them was so specific and over the top. I remeber her talking about how sales girls all over the OC would complain about Alexis to her. Just random store clerks talking shit about Alexis out of the blue. And there was some truly strange story about overhearing Jim being rude when shopping for the kid's shoes. All of this was supposed to have happen before Heather was even on the show. It was crazy and had a super stalker vibe to it. Heather had her own reasons for hating Alexis that I don't think we know about.

• Love 5
(edited)

I cannot believe, yet another HW with some wine. Although I always figured she would go the champagne route eventually.

Ah, but it's not champagne just a mere sparkling wine. I bet it irks her to no end that Champs isn't on the label.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 2

I think this was talked about last season...but I could be confusing that discussion with a discussion that happened on TWOP.

I recall she appeared on a sitcom starring Reba McIntire, I think, but I no longer recall the name. As it turns out, I watched it on my flight to Germany that year. I was not particularly impressed by Heather's acting.

I recall she appeared on a sitcom starring Reba McIntire, I think, but I no longer recall the name. As it turns out, I watched it on my flight to Germany that year. I was not particularly impressed by Heather's acting.

I believe that was Malibu Country *hangs head in shame*  I have a vast knowledge of completely useless trivia.

From Heather's website:

I think it’s pretty common knowledge that I LOVE CHAMPS! When my friends the Bello’s (of Bello Family Vineyards) asked me to collaborate on a sparkling wine I was ecstatic! From meeting with the wine maker, to getting the right blend and designing the packaging, it’s been incredibly fun!

The way we manufacture our sparkling wine in Napa Valley, California is the way it’s done in France for Champagne. The second fermentation process occurs in the bottle, allowing it to be called a METHÒD CHAMPENOISE. Isn’t that Fancy?!?! It’s also delicious and named after my fourth child .

http://heatherdubrow.com/collette

Why are these women always shilling wine/alcohol? Have any been successful? With the exception of Bethenny who was a little different in that she came on the show to advertise Skinnygirl, and unlike all the others it was not a byproduct of her "fame."

I don't drink much alcohol and I don't drink wine ever (I also don't live in the US - I figure if Bethenny's Skinnygirl hasn't made it to this side of the Atlantic none of the others have, or are going to) but hypothetically speaking why would I want to spend $38 on "sparkling wine" when I could go buy a bottle of decent enough, made in France Champagne for a similar price?

One of the things I like about Shannon is that she's not hawking shit. Well, other than selling out her marital issues to Bravo, of course.

• Love 1

Your post reminded me of Amy Phillip's amazing impersonation of Heather where she just starts going, "Malibu Country! Malibu Country! Malibu Country!" over and over. I think I will be on my deathbed and still remember the "Malibu Country" storyline from RHoOC.

• Love 1

One of the things I like about Shannon is that she's not hawking shit. Well, other than selling out her marital issues to Bravo, of course.

Shannon is not hawking shit...yet.

• Love 1

Shannon is not hawking shit...yet.

Ha, true. Tbh at this point I think I'd prefer her hawking shit than her marital problems! In one way I commend her for her openness but, Christ, it's depressing and I would probably admire her openness more if she and David didn't have children.

Shill away, Shannon!

• Love 1

Ha, true. Tbh at this point I think I'd prefer her hawking shit than her marital problems! In one way I commend her for her openness but, Christ, it's depressing and I would probably admire her openness more if she and David didn't have children.

Shill away, Shannon!

I'm actually ok with HWs hawking shit. Sure it's sort of eye rolling how dumb some of the ideas are, but I say get it while it's good. If I stop and think about it, selling booze or dresses or whatever is actually one of the lease morally suspect reasons to do this. What are the alternatives? I was bored? I have an insane need for attention? I really want to party with Andy Cohen and Nene Leeks?

• Love 2

I'm actually ok with HWs hawking shit. Sure it's sort of eye rolling how dumb some of the ideas are, but I say get it while it's good. If I stop and think about it, selling booze or dresses or whatever is actually one of the lease morally suspect reasons to do this. What are the alternatives? I was bored? I have an insane need for attention? I really want to party with Andy Cohen and Nene Leeks?

Oh, I agree with you. From their point of view I think they're idiots if they don't use this huge platform they have to hawk some shit that no one would want otherwise (and possibly even with their Bravolebrity status *still* don't want!) As a viewer though, some episodes feel like one long advertisement for their crap and that gets on my nerves at times. Compared to the other franchises, OC is one of the least worst offenders for it though as they're all brain dead morons without the sense to constantly shill. I mean, Tamra's business which is often part of her storyline is geography based. It doesn't matter how much her fans want to attend that joke of a fitness studio if they live 2000 miles away.

Your last last couple of sentences made me LOL. In Shannon's case it's that she thinks it'll help her marriage if she sees herself and what she does wrong. Yeah Shannon, tell me - how's that working out for you? I might admire them though if they came out and said "look, I've got money - look at my fourteen bathrooms and my marble mausoleum! But what I really want is fame. Even D List fame. Any fame, and I'll even humiliate myself to get it. Oh and I want to brag about my wonderful life because, you know, this is as close to it the little people are ever going to get" The heart wants what it wants, who would I be to argue with such shameless honesty?

I like Heather.  She amuses me.  There was no false humbleness when describing her new house.  It was all "It's Over the Top, Expensive, and I Deserve It!"  That made me laugh and I want to see that house.  I want to see the 14k bathroom sink.  I want to see her dress impecably.  I want to marvel how she doesn't have a line on her face on her perfectly taut face.  There's no screeching, no bimbo-ness, no bleached blonde hair, no boobs hanging out.  Just some amusing non-self awareness. I'm happy.

• Love 2

Nope. Done with Heather. If you can afford it, go for it. I love seeing it....

But to tee-hee about cabinets that cost more than my brick house on 4 acres with no neighbor in yelling distance AND have 14 toilets? Fuck off. Enjoy your life. Get it if you can. I don't care to see it. I'd rather watch Shannon and Vicki. And that's saying a lot.....

• Love 3
(edited)

Heather was just on WWHL.

She was letting people have it. Star Magazine about her 12 yesr shaving her legs. Then of course she told us if we don't like her just fast forward through her scenes on the show. Well bitch you didn't have to tell me twice. But since I watch LIVE like many do I tend to mute you.

tumblr_mv3y4i0cfk1rdutw3o1_400.gif?w=400

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 9