Type keyword(s) to search

Heather Dubrow:"Let Them Eat Cake, But Don't Touch My Bow."

• Start Topic

Dear Lord, Heather is INSUFFERABLE. I blame it on her being hungry.

She is such a bulldog and won't let go when she feels challenged, even if she's lying through her teeth and being mean on purpose. I realize 99% of the time she's on camera she's acting, because seriously, she's not that good of an actress and appears fake 24/7. 

I also wish Lydia would come back and stand up to Heather like Lydia stood up to Slade. Lydia is younger, thinner, wealthier and more confident than Heather, and I think Heather would try to take down Lydia just like she's trying to take down Shannon. Yes, I totally believe the Dubrows said and intend to dethrone Shannon from whatever imaginary hierarchy they've invented.

• Love 5

Heather Dubrow:  All the Whos in Whoville....

Ah, Heather is the Queen of Whoville you see! I heard the Grinch tried to steal her Christmas too but as soon as he saw her he screamed, took two dumps on the floor, and ran.

• Love 1
Ah, Heather is the Queen of Whoville you see! I heard the Grinch tried to steal her Christmas too but as soon as he saw her he screamed, took two dumps on the floor, and ran.

Well, you know Heather doesn't take too well to people trying to "color" her holiday. 

• Love 3

Heather has to know she has trashed her brand by her behavior the past few weeks. She will most likely survive and thrive like Brandi Glanville and Shannon will go the way of one and done Joyce. It doesn't matter if you are in the right on these shows. You just have to bring the drama like Tamra and you can survive any amount of despicable behavior. 

I don't think Heather or what she's done is anywhere near the same league as Brandi's. 

I cannot stand Tamra, yet given a choice I would much rather not see Heather. She is absolutely revolting. So fake and phony, her persona, with no redeeming qualities at all. She doesn't seem like a warm person  even with her children, just clinical and perfunctory. No wonder she is married to a plastic surgeon!

As for the title: Heather Dubrow: who ate her cake?

• Love 3

Heather Dubrow: "Let Them Eat Cake, But Don't Touch My Bow."

Oh, I like this one. It hits the Marie Antoinette note while personalizing to Heather's life. Heather really does have a bit of the "let them eat cake" vibe about her all wrapped up in a snooty marzipan bow.

• Love 3
(edited)
Heather Dubrow: All you need is love....and money....and champs....but if you can't get all these things yourself lay down for a surgeon.

I'm trying to imagine Terri and Heather being "romantic," or "laying down" for Terry.  I think it would involve surgical masks, baby wipes, and hand sanitizer. 

In trying to figure what exactly could be the source of Heather and Terry's intense dislike of the Beadors, I think that it stems from some sort of jealousy.  First of all, the Beadors are the only couple on the show that actually live a comparable lifestyle to the Dubrows.  With the other girls, there is no competition from a financial standpoint.  Heather thinks that Shannon's friendship took Vickie and Tamra away from her, since they seemed to really like Shannon in the beginning.  Meanwhile, Heather was getting on Vickie's and Tamra's last nerve with her correction of grammar and facts, etc.  She was the one driving her friends away with her superior attitude.  Not Shannon.  I'm sure Heather has since seen those episodes and can see for herself that Tamra talked so much shit about her.  At that point, I am thinking this may have been when Tamra was lying to Shannon about Heather and Terry's, "We're gonna take down the Beadors" comment.  I think Tamra wanted Shannon to do what she felt she could not--take down Heather.  Now she's backtracking, and has been found to be the snake in the grass. 

Heather could also be envious of David being handsome and very hands on with the kids.  Not only does David provide in a similar fashion to Terry, but he's all of the things that Terry is not.  Handsome, and family oriented. 

In those respects, Shannon has things that are enviable to Heather.  Maybe this is why she is so intent on making life miserable for Shannon and making her look bad.  It's really sad actually, because I think that had Tamra not started mess between the two, Heather and Shannon have a lot in common, and they could have proved to be great friends. 

Edited by zenme
  • Love 6

I definitely think it's jealousy. And I don't even think if they were just friends/acquaintances in real life it would be an issue. But I think Heather liked being the "rich" one on the show. No one else up until now has really compared. That was her niche. But here comes neurotic, loaded Shannon and Heather might see herself getting pushed out. 

• Love 7

I have a hard time seeing Heather being jealous about who is richer. I do think she was jealous that Tamra and Vicki seemed to enjoy partying with Shannon more than her (duh). I also think that Heather developed a real relationship with Tamra and that she and Terry enjoy spending time as couples with Tamra and Eddie. This is where I think Heathers loyalty to her friendship surfaces with Shannon. Shannon is the new kid on the block and should have to earn her admission to the senior's table.

I've also wondered if Tamra and Heather have plotted this whole season and are just fucking with Shannon. If that's the case, it seems to be working.

• Love 1

I don't, in my wildest imagination, believe that Heather developed a real friendship with Tamra. Nor do I think that she and Terry enjoy spending time with the Judges, except to confirm that no one is smarter, more educated, more sophisticated or richer than the Dubrows. I mean, come on, the Judge's are rubes by comparison. The Dubrows don't even have to try.

The Beadors, however, are a different animal entirely. Their home is just as grand as the one the Dubrow's just sold and it actually feels like a real family lives there. David is a hard working, successful businessman; Shannon seems to really enjoy her children, and cooking and entertaining (not just calling a caterer). Although Shannon's interests may be a bit off center and New Age, she seems sincere in her wacky beliefs and is willing to take the flack that comes with stating she wants to go Green while driving an Escalade. Heather, on the other hand, is so hyper aware of her image that she makes up bullshit stories about not being able to adopt a rescue dog for the family because of health issues and makes sure everyone knows that she'll donate $$$to animal rescue funds instead. I mean, even her snotty husband Terry didn't buy that one. No, ah rather wants Shannon out of the picture because she's just real enough to be like able...a term that will NEVER be used to describe Heather.

• Love 11

Heather, eat the damn cake, or anything, without a culinary commentary, and you might be nicer. Hongry people are mean.

I thought it was totally weird how Terry - sissy whiney boy - turned Shannon's husband's words of "you can't take us down" into some kind of macho physical attack. I thought Mr. Shannon was saying "we have a marriage you can't ruin" NOT "I have bigger muscles and will knock you out." Mr. Shannon has never come off as wanting to fight or being Mr. Joe Gorga Manly Man. Terry really revealed some of his issues with that statement.

• Love 6

I have a hard time seeing Heather being jealous about who is richer. I do think she was jealous that Tamra and Vicki seemed to enjoy partying with Shannon more than her (duh). I also think that Heather developed a real relationship with Tamra and that she and Terry enjoy spending time as couples with Tamra and Eddie. This is where I think Heathers loyalty to her friendship surfaces with Shannon. Shannon is the new kid on the block and should have to earn her admission to the senior's table.

I've also wondered if Tamra and Heather have plotted this whole season and are just fucking with Shannon. If that's the case, it seems to be working.

This is an interesting theory. I do think that Heather was clearly resentful of how quickly Vicki and Tamra took to Shannon. But, Heather didn't have to earn her place at the table and neither did Lydia. They were both simply accepted by Vicki and Tamra for some unknown reason. To be fair though, Tamra seemed to really like Alexis when she first appeared on the scene. Of course, Tamra was also busy pitting Simon and Vicki against each other at the time, so she may have thought that she might need a new friend and that was why she glommed onto Alexis in the beginning. 

I do think that Heather has *some* intelligence, and I suspect that she could feel Vicki and Tamra pulling away. It wasn't like with Lydia where they accepted her but still loved Heather. Vicki and Tamra seemed to have an instant connection with Shannon that wasn't the same with Heather and Lydia. They accepted Heather and Lydia right away, but it was in a completely different way from the way they accepted Shannon. 

Shannon's willingness to immediately expose her marital problems and party with Tamra and Vicki seems to be what connected the three of them. That was something that neither Heather or Lydia had in common with them when they first met. And I think that Heather, who never wanted to do the show in the first place and who knew that Vicki/Tamra could and would turn on a dime, was simply afraid of what the consequences would be for her on the show if she lost them as allies. 

Heather, eat the damn cake, or anything, without a culinary commentary, and you might be nicer. Hongry people are mean.

I thought it was totally weird how Terry - sissy whiney boy - turned Shannon's husband's words of "you can't take us down" into some kind of macho physical attack. I thought Mr. Shannon was saying "we have a marriage you can't ruin" NOT "I have bigger muscles and will knock you out." Mr. Shannon has never come off as wanting to fight or being Mr. Joe Gorga Manly Man. Terry really revealed some of his issues with that statement.

Princess Perception and Miss Terry are both very insecure. They had and still have a ton of material things. But it isn't enough for them. Would a secure person not speak to his wife over a reality show? Do sane people put themselves in the worst light for a check?

• Love 3

I don't, in my wildest imagination, believe that Heather developed a real friendship with Tamra. Nor do I think that she and Terry enjoy spending time with the Judges, except to confirm that no one is smarter, more educated, more sophisticated or richer than the Dubrows. I mean, come on, the Judge's are rubes by comparison. The Dubrows don't even have to try.

The Beadors, however, are a different animal entirely. Their home is just as grand as the one the Dubrow's just sold and it actually feels like a real family lives there. David is a hard working, successful businessman; Shannon seems to really enjoy her children, and cooking and entertaining (not just calling a caterer). Although Shannon's interests may be a bit off center and New Age, she seems sincere in her wacky beliefs and is willing to take the flack that comes with stating she wants to go Green while driving an Escalade. Heather, on the other hand, is so hyper aware of her image that she makes up bullshit stories about not being able to adopt a rescue dog for the family because of health issues and makes sure everyone knows that she'll donate $$$to animal rescue funds instead. I mean, even her snotty husband Terry didn't buy that one. No, ah rather wants Shannon out of the picture because she's just real enough to be like able...a term that will NEVER be used to describe Heather.

Heather and Terry were the only "real" housewives that attended Tamra's and Eddie's "real" bachelor/bachelorette party. Don't forget, Heather told us herself that she likes people from all walks of life. That could easily include crazy ass co-worker bitches. It's not uncommon to bond with a fellow co-worker. So yes, I do believe that the foursome have become friends/co-workers and I can see them plotting together. We also know that Terry texted Tamra at least on one occasion. My husband has never texted a co-worker of mine and certainly not to discredit me. Are they beasties? Will this friendship stand the test of time? I doubt it, but I do think they formed a bond and for Heather, that means loyalty. For Tamra, it's just another person she can fuck over at whim.

• Love 2

What is it exactly that Heather does all day that makes her so "crazy busy" as she likes to say, along with her claim of being a "busy working mom" ? She has an assistant, housekeeper, cook, and a nanny (I think she had 2 nannies when the youngest was a baby). What is it that keeps her "crazy busy"? She has maybe one acting job a year that takes up a week of her time. I don't think she volunteers anywhere or she'd be sure the audience knew she devotes some of her precious time to the unwashed masses. I wish I had thought to send that in to Andy as a viewer question for the reunion -  "What is it that you do all day Heather?" I'd rather she be honest and say "I'm rich so I have people to do all my yucky work for me. I spend my days at the spa, lunching, shopping, or doing nothing at all if I feel like it." I hate her fake "I'm so busy routine".

• Love 6

She's so full of shit. I don't give a damn if she or anyone has help just don't act like you're some poor saint. And I hate to be blunt and mileage varies but being a wife and mother are responsibilities she's chosen. I have to say as a mom, wife, and working gal my life and perspective are quite different.

On the positive side her face looks less ghastly this year. Last year she looked like the Saw puppet with those cheekbones, taunt skin, and sunken dark eyes.

• Love 5
(edited)

Dear Lord, Heather is INSUFFERABLE. I blame it on her being hungry.

She is such a bulldog and won't let go when she feels challenged, even if she's lying through her teeth and being mean on purpose. I realize 99% of the time she's on camera she's acting, because seriously, she's not that good of an actress and appears fake 24/7. 

I also wish Lydia would come back and stand up to Heather like Lydia stood up to Slade. Lydia is younger, thinner, wealthier and more confident than Heather, and I think Heather would try to take down Lydia just like she's trying to take down Shannon. Yes, I totally believe the Dubrows said and intend to dethrone Shannon from whatever imaginary hierarchy they've invented.

I'm not a psychiatrist, psychologist, nor have I ever been to one but I have wondered if her behavior stems from her childhood.  There has got to be a reason why she is always trying to be Miss. Know-it-all Perfect, never can be wrong, always emphasizing when SHE is RIGHT, can't apologize, dominates conversations and has to have the last word, can't take criticism, always has to be bigger and better, passive aggressive, belittling, craving of a spotlight (what better profession, acting, for somebody who didn't get attention as a child), not to mention if you speak to her with a moderately raised voice that is yelling.

The woman has issues. Don't know where they stem from but I have wondered.

This.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 6

She's so full of shit. I don't give a damn if she or anyone has help just don't act like you're some poor saint. And I hate to be blunt and mileage varies but being a wife and mother are responsibilities she's chosen. I have to say as a mom, wife, and working gal my life and perspective are quite different.

On the positive side her face looks less ghastly this year. Last year she looked like the Saw puppet with those cheekbones, taunt skin, and sunken dark eyes.

My feelings exactly. Shes the one that decided to have kids so if she does not like the responsibility or feels put upon, thats her on faul

Sorry, that should be own fault. Typos suck.

• Love 1

I'll give Heather a pas on being "crazy busy".   The Dubrow kids look healthy and active, and she probably spends a lot of time shuttling them around.   She seems pretty control freakish, and probably spends a lot of time inspecting her employee's work, the kids work, teeth, etc.    I suppose she does go on some casting calls, and we know she takes lunch with her friends a lot.    It does seem like Terry comes home and expects things to be done for him.   So, she is acting as a manager and I can see how that life would be a full time occupation. 

Shannon probably does the same, but comes off as a limp rag, not a go getter. 

• Love 2

If you like watching thrillers, Heather is in a show called Sequestered : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3739118/?ref_=nv_sr_1 The governor's son was found dead. We are directly immersed in the jury phase of the trial, during the deliberation where the 12 of them are sequestered. Cue "poor 11 jurors stuck in a hotel with Heather Dubrow" jokes. Of course, the jurors disagree about the defendant's guilt. Outside, the second chair for his defense still tries to make sense of some details that bugged him.

We saw 3 episodes (23 minutes each) in a row because we were hooked right away. My summary doesn't do justice to the show because I'm trying to not spoil some suprises !

Good cast too : Summer Glau, Jesse Bradford (the little dude from Guys with kids), Bruce Davison (the governor from X-Men), Patrick Warburton (the big guy from Rules of Engagement), Ryan McPartlin (Captain Awesome from Chuck)...

I had no idea when I put it on last night she was in it and she's quite good

(except to fake an orgasm)

to my suprise. I had seen her in her guest roles in Surviving Suburbia and Malibu Country and thought she sucked a little but in a drama, she's better. Maybe because her role is bitchy and it's not that far of her role in RHOC. /snark.

She has a lot less make-up. That suits her imho. 

0cec2bad-a6dd-4c13-9d46-d6aa0248f3dc.jpg

(I hope the hosting's working !)

It's on Crackle, the Sony TV network. I have no idea where you can watched it in the US but it's easily found online. 

ETA : if you click on the image, it gets bigger.

Edited by Pollock

I'm not surprised she's good. She really did have a very successful career before she went on the mommy track. I remembered her from the 1990s and she was a pretty big TV actress. As much as I love Alexis, her dismissing Heather's career never sat right with me, especially from someone who never seemed to have much of a career to give up. No she wasn't a movie star, but she was a legitimate working actress and there isn't really any reason to doubt her story that she put it on the back burner to have a family. She's had 4 kids in about 12 years. That would be tough to work around at her level of fame. Anyway, whatever anyone thinks of her as a person, when she stepped away from acting she had reached a level of success that many working actors never get to. And if anyone is ever looking to produce Cindy Lou Who: the Adult Years I'm sure they will call her.

• Love 3

Thanks for her career's history, having nothing else to refer to except her bits in the last two years : the shows she was on at the peack of her career didn't aired in France at the time, to my knowledge anyway. I had no idea those shows were successful. 

We had Married with Children and Early Edition but she had so little roles on it that I can't remember her.

I forgot to add that at least for the first three episodes I saw, she has a big role, she's not juror n°whatever with three lines. If one day, she can do on RHOC the annoyed look and *uuggggggggggggggh* like she does in Sequestered, I'll be very happy because she cracked us up everytime. Yep, her character gets annoyed easily !

Everything about the Dubrows is so calculated, rehearsed and contrived, that I just don't buy any of it. My opinion is she had a decent career, it didn't take off into Julia Roberts or even Jennifer Aniston status, so Heather decided it was a good time to start a family. No doubt in my mind that if she was on the road to superstardom and in very high demand, she would've kept working and held off on the babies. I also suspect she's the kind who would pop out another one each time her husband started to wander a little, or wanted to know why she isn't gong back to work (even though Terry very rehearsedly begged her to stay home or whatever bull$hit that was in the first season - more "I CAN"T be Meryl Streep, because my family NEEDS me" fodder, IMO.

The whole "I would've been the next Meryl Streep, but I sacrificed it all for my unborn babies," makes me yawn and roll my eyes. Maybe dry hoark a little bit like Vicki.

• Love 6

I would love love love love love to send Heather to RHW Beverly Hills or New York and see how she fares with 1) other working actors (BH), 2) people who have more wealth (either show), 3) people who can keep up with her intellectually (NY CAST).

• Love 4

I stumbled onto Ms. DuBrow in "Sequestered" today (via Crackle on Roku). To quote Dorothy Parker, "She runs the gamut of emotions from A to B."  I keep thinking of the episode where Roseanne Connor's sister (Jackie) got involved in community theater. And I'm not a Heather-hater (not a fan either). Maybe her mad thespian skillz pick up after episode three...

• Love 1

I was reading this forum and watching SEQUESTERED. I had no idea Heather was in it. My head was down but I heard that voice. That voice.  Just started. I will give it a few episodes.

Did she ever talk about this role on the show? I don't remember hearing about it at all.

Everything about the Dubrows is so calculated, rehearsed and contrived, that I just don't buy any of it. My opinion is she had a decent career, it didn't take off into Julia Roberts or even Jennifer Aniston status, so Heather decided it was a good time to start a family. No doubt in my mind that if she was on the road to superstardom and in very high demand, she would've kept working and held off on the babies. I also suspect she's the kind who would pop out another one each time her husband started to wander a little, or wanted to know why she isn't gong back to work (even though Terry very rehearsedly begged her to stay home or whatever bull$hit that was in the first season - more "I CAN"T be Meryl Streep, because my family NEEDS me" fodder, IMO.

The whole "I would've been the next Meryl Streep, but I sacrificed it all for my unborn babies," makes me yawn and roll my eyes. Maybe dry hoark a little bit like Vicki.

I don't exactly want to defend Heather, but I don't remember her ever implying that she was about to become a mega star. Just that her career was going well when she decided to take time off to have a family. That seems true.

• Love 4

She and her husband are very lucky they didn't try for RH of BH considering their fame whore tendencies / arrogance about their celebrity and boasting about wealth they would be outshone with the cast for the upcoming season. They would not be able to grandstand with the likes of Lisa Rinna and Harry Hamlin or Eileen Davidson and Vincent Van Patten that is for sure.

I half think that's fortunate for Heather that Lydia left after one season, besides Lydia's truth telling allergic to bullshittness Lydia was way richer than Heather and classy without being an asshole about it so that's why they didn't click. I still love Lydia and she's the same in RL. But this is about Heather. What to add... It's very strange she always had the storyline of her difficult situation of being a working mom and all those kids and immature husband. She works like five days out of a year. Talk about desparate for story and manufactured drama and a total slap in the face for other working moms. And I honestly wish Malibu Country gave her a kick back or money to Bravo some add bucks because Heather mentioned it like 237 times and made it seem like it was a very impressive thing like being on Mad Men or Game of Thrones. Lol.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 3

Heather's acting career is definitely impressive. I also could easily see her being frustrated by reaching a series of "almost there" moments that didn't quite make it. Wasn't she a series regular on three different shows that ended up getting cancelled? She was without a doubt making a good living as an actress, but I am sure it might be frustrating to not land a show that really sticks - to keep going through the uncertainty of it and wondering if her career would stay on that level forever. I also think she has a bit of a conservative streak and always saw herself marrying "the Jewish doctor" one day.

• Love 1

Heather and her bitch will be on WWHL tonight.  I will not be able to watch so I hope someone recaps it.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm curious to see if Heather has her haughty attitude with Andy and if so, if Andy puts up with it.