Type keyword(s) to search

Heather Dubrow:"Let Them Eat Cake, But Don't Touch My Bow."

• Start Topic

I've said this so many times...so what's one more?! I am convinced that one of Heather's agendas in signing up for TEHOOC was to take Alexis and Jim down. Why? I have absolutely no fucking idea, but her dislike of them was so specific and over the top. I remeber her talking about how sales girls all over the OC would complain about Alexis to her. Just random store clerks talking shit about Alexis out of the blue. And there was some truly strange story about overhearing Jim being rude when shopping for the kid's shoes. All of this was supposed to have happen before Heather was even on the show. It was crazy and had a super stalker vibe to it. Heather had her own reasons for hating Alexis that I don't think we know about.

Well, I've heard that what you hate the most about others is what you really hate about yourself  ...

• Love 9

I recall she appeared on a sitcom starring Reba McIntire, I think, but I no longer recall the name. As it turns out, I watched it on my flight to Germany that year. I was not particularly impressed by Heather's acting.

Omg! how can anybody forget Malibu Country! That show was mentioned more than people actually watched it lol.

I did watch the show a few times but I never watched the episode with Heather, at least I don't think I did.

Remember Alexis popping up from the back seat "Malibu country called me too" lol, Heather was so annoyed.

• Love 5
(edited)

Heather on Brandi Glanville's firing: http://www.inquisitr.com/2194564/heather-dubrow-on-brandi-glanvilles-rhobh-departure-audience-has-bullst-meter/

Fairly candid interview. Good for Heather.

I think Teresa Giudice has topped the list a few times.

Heather is my favorite OC HW. I didn't see last season but I get the impression from reading the forum that she turned off some people. I can only judge her by what I'm seeing. I couldn't stand Alexis so if Heather had her in her sights, then I like her even more.

I will admit that she does flaunt her extravagant new house. I know she hawks the DuBrow skin care line on Evine but I don't care. Smart HWs use the show to their benefit and I don't have a problem with that at all.

Wasn't Heather the one who gave a scathing interview about Teresa saying Bravo shouldn't have "criminals" on their shows? I'm pretty sure it was Heather and that anti-Teresa interview put me solidly in her corner.

ETA: Her cake fetish doesn't bother me either. If I had her cake budget, I'd serve elaborate cakes too but not styrofoam ones. LOL. Then again, even the Cake Boss makes specialty cakes that aren't all "cake."

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

Heather made the remarks about Teresa not that long after she admonished viewers for "judging" her and Terry based upon their "mistakes" last season. The contradiction therein is pretty emblematic of why Heather is problematic: the content of some of her deconstructions may be more or less accurate but she's the most liberal cast mate across the entire franchise when it comes to double standards per my view. Her hard-on for Alexis was bizarre (and unintentionally hilarious since she ended up in the position of having to invoke some weird anecdote about stalking her and Jim in a department store in order to explain why she hated them) and her participation in Shannon's (who I don't even like) gaslighting really ugly. I will say that I am enjoying her this season, although I do find it a little amusing that she claims that the persona she projects after all the backlash - and thus when she's the most hyperconscious about how she telegraphs - is supposedly the most "genuine" incarnation of her personality to date.

• Love 3

Has a Housewife ever topped the "Trending Now" list?  According to Yahoo's list, Heather is numero uno - I mean, numéro un.

Yes, but its usually a wife that brushes with the law.

That scene with the cabinets seemed like it was planned. They seemed pretty gleeful. Heather's asymmetrical eyebrows are annoying. Your husband is a plastic surgeon.

Still not convinced that  Terry's money isn't from his brother. I don't see how a plastic surgeon can make that much.

I can't figure out their spending either.
  • Love 1

That scene with the cabinets seemed like it was planned. They seemed pretty gleeful. Heather's asymmetrical eyebrows are annoying. Your husband is a plastic surgeon.

Still not convinced that  Terry's money isn't from his brother. I don't see how a plastic surgeon can make that much.

I have learned a lot from a very close friend who is a successful Estate Attorney. Mainly that most folks who earn major wealth don't earn it from their salary, even if their salary is huge, as in the case of professional athletes (he has several as clients).  They get it through inheritance, or through smart investments and real estate. Clearly, having a nice salary allows folks to make investments and buy real estate, so the income matters. It is just not always the defining measure. For all we know, Heather and Terry have been smart with the way they have invested their money over the years. He was already a successful plastic surgeon when they married. Remember that one of the richest HW's on any of these shows acquired all that wealth in a very short period of time. I might have some of the details wrong, but Kelsey Grammer was bankrupt either right before or right after he married Camille. She was the one credited with making them rich beyond all measure with smart real estate investments even after his earning potential had slowed dramatically. 

• Love 3

I have learned a lot from a very close friend who is a successful Estate Attorney. Mainly that most folks who earn major wealth don't earn it from their salary, even if their salary is huge, as in the case of professional athletes (he has several as clients).  They get it through inheritance, or through smart investments and real estate. Clearly, having a nice salary allows folks to make investments and buy real estate, so the income matters. It is just not always the defining measure. For all we know, Heather and Terry have been smart with the way they have investedarrow-10x10.png their money over the years. He was already a successful plastic surgeon when they married. Remember that one of the richest HW's on any of these shows acquired all that wealth in a very short period of time. I might have some of the details wrong, but Kelsey Grammer was bankrupt either right before or right after he married Camille. She was the one credited with making them rich beyond all measure with smart real estate investments even after his earning potential had slowed dramatically. 

I think Terry spends his money as he acquires it.  He and Heather made a ton of money of the sale of their last home, which Heather bought the lot.  I think Heather may have some family money.  I am guessing but a show like Botched probably makes Terry as much money as his practice.  Now they have a skin line, which will be great for their bottom line.

Kelsey Grammer never stopped working between Cheers and Frasier, he was a very wealthy man when Camille married him. I think during his Cheers years he was financially unstable. What he wasn't was sober and she helped with that during the marriage.  He not only starred in Frasier he was an Executive Producer. So he essentially owned a portion of the show and of course all the syndication money.  One of the things he and Camille argued over during the divorce were the residuals from Frasier which were vast.  He argued she was not entitled to the portion of the episodes that originated before they married.  What Camille did that was big, was push the show Medium I believe  they were the creators.  Again huge money on the residuals and syndication.  

• Love 2

Heather is just easy to laugh at-her pretentiousness about her husband, house and wine. But really, I just find her fun to watch. And her clothes are beautiful. Although I do think her face is kind of scary. She doesn't irritate me as much as the others do.

• Love 1

Heather is just easy to laugh at-her pretentiousness about her husband, house and wine. But really, I just find her fun to watch. And her clothes are beautiful. Although I do think her face is kind of scary. She doesn't irritate me as much as the others do.

She doesn't bother me either. I actually quite like her. I think she is the smartest of the group (I always like the smart ones best), but what I really like is that she roots for her friends, and she is always up for a good time. No matter what the situation, she is usually looking to have fun even when the event isn't something she would usually do. Take for instance Tamra's bachelorette party. Clearly not something she would do, but she had fun with it and wasn't a wet blanket. Same thing when she went to Hawaii with Tamra and Vicki. She said she hates water sports, but they wanted to surf so she was a great sport about it. Others say she is humorless, but I just don't see that. I have found that for whatever reason, I like her more when she isn't with Terry.

• Love 9

Guidice deserves the wrath she gets. She's a freakin criminal. Has the record to prove it. No excuses. Not one of these HW even comes close to the sins of Theresa and her Juicy sidekick.

I don't mind Heather either. At least the Dubrows have real money. They aren't ripping off people or the tax payers to pretend to have a marble floors when all teresa could afford was linolum 

• Love 5

I usually find Terry utterly repulsive - his looks, his voice, his personality. I ran across a clip from Botched. The patient was a woman with a pair of twenty year old basketball sized implants. I was shocked that he seemed nice versus a complete pig. I definitely preferred him over Adrienne's ex Paul, who has always been a little too slick, in my opinion.

The only problem I have with Heather is that I don't believe she would ever be friends with anyone on this show, but for the fact that she's on it. I think she's doing her best to make the most of it and by it, I mean the show serves as free publicity for her husband's practice and she gets a guest-star part or two on sitcoms.

I did think it was funny when she discussed why they named the wine Collette. She has decent timing.

• Love 3

The Dubrows are back on Evine shopping channel with their Consult Beaute line.  Heather just informed us that tonight's on-air show will be a "pajama party"; she promises to wear pajamas and NO MAKEUP to show us how great Terry's products work.  I may just have to have a peek at that pretty little lie.  ;-)

• Love 3

The Dubrows are back on Evine shopping channel with their Consult Beaute line.  Heather just informed us that tonight's on-air show will be a "pajama party"; she promises to wear pajamas and NO MAKEUP to show us how great Terry's products work.  I may just have to have a peek at that pretty little lie.  ;-)

That would be interesting.  Not sure if anyone else remembers it or not, but last season, or maybe the season before that, there was a scene with her and Terry packing. She looked to have zero make-up on. She tweeted "note to self - don't go on camera like that again", but she looked lovely. The comments were that she looked far better without makeup than she did with it. She looked about 10 years younger. 

• Love 4

I'm trying to remember:

When Heather is out dining at a restaurant, does she prefer her menu given to her open or closed? 

I have no idea why I just thought of this;  but I remember when I saw that segment I thought "This is the most pretentious, snooty woman on the planet."  

I am shaking my head at the thought of having a menu handed to you in a preferred way.  Can. Not. Comprehend.

• Love 5

I'm trying to remember:

When Heather is out dining at a restaurant, does she prefer her menu given to her open or closed? 

I have no idea why I just thought of this;  but I remember when I saw that segment I thought "This is the most pretentious, snooty woman on the planet."  

I am shaking my head at the thought of having a menu handed to you in a preferred way.  Can. Not. Comprehend.

Whichever way it is done on the East Coast.  Restaurant owners in OC don't know anything about running a restaurant.  Not a one of them.

• Love 4

Do Leeches Detoxify? Are the Dubrows just kidding?

So if a leech uses a bit of local anti-coagulant to help it suck out some blood, and doesn’t either return that blood or inject any other material into the body, how does it produce detoxification let alone optimal health? The obvious answer is that it doesn’t – regardless of what the actress believes or was told to believe.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/columns/zimney-health-and-medical-news-you-can-use/demi-moores-leech-detox-therapy-a-scambuster-report/

demi-moore-botox.jpg

After looking at pictures of Demi before and after her "leech therapy," plastic surgeon Dr. Paul Nassif agrees that Demi may have been filled out a little. Dr. Paul Nassif claims: "Demi is smiling in the after photo, making it difficult for me to tell, but her cheeks do look a little plumper."

http://demilovato-pictures.blogspot.com/2012/03/demi-moore-before-and-after.html

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

The Dubrows pointed out how Demi Moore uses leech therapy. The doctor in the video says there's no cosmetic benefit? The video says Demi uses them on her stomach as a way to detox.

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

Were Heather and Terry Dubrow just having fun with the HWs? Did they combine two different therapies?

Leech Therapy

Demi Moore is infamous for her never-aging appearance over the years. Which bizarre beauty routine does this celeb indulge in? Leech therapy! The process involves shaving your body and covering yourself in turpentine to then sit back and allow the leeches to feed on your blood. So how does this improve your appearance? The leeches supposedly detoxify your blood and improve circulation, resulting in a youthful appearance. Demi tried to salvage the reputation of this unusual and freakish treatment by stating that the leeches used are "highly trained medical leeches." Sorry Demi-- I don't think that will convince us.

Blood Facial

Kim Kardashian has always prided herself on being extremely open to the public on "Keeping Up With the Kardashians." We fear she let the show go too far, though, when the cameras recorded her undergoing a blood facial. Yes- you read that correctly, a blood facial! According to Dr. Lam, this ridiculous and painful treatment involves the patient's own platelet rich plasma to be "applied to the skin, proceeded by a laser treatment and followed by a micro-needling process in which the skin is perforated." All of America was subjected to watching Kim's blood be spattered onto her face via little acupuncture-style needles. Leave it to Kim to take a selfie during the process!

http://celebs.answers.com/beauty/totally-crazy-beauty-treatments-these-celebs-pay-for

• Love 1

Today is our lucky day? Who wants that pristine, embalmed looking skin like Heather's?

Evine Live is offering 15% off the Dubrow's bo-tay skin care products.

Orange you glad you read my post?

ETA

Here's the Promo Code: 15ConsultBeaute

The Promo Code is valid fr/ 9.28.15 @ 5pm CT to 10.5.15 @ 8:59pm CT.

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 2

Just the fact that terry is a "tanorexic" makes any of his skin claims dubious. Not to mention how much filler is going on a in heathers face. I do have to hand it to him for keeping his natural nose. I'm sure Paul nassif has been wanting at that for some time.

The Dubrows are boring. None of their story lines are interesting enough. It's all very controlled and manufactured so they avoid any Dubrowgates.

• Love 3

Could have been written by anyone who doesn't like him from RHOC, which wouldn't surprise me.   He's had a successful practice for years for a good reason, he is a very good Dr.  and his work post op speaks for itself.   

I think this is a valid point. Much like a HW book/product, they get negative reviews made by viewers that dislike them even before anyone can buy whatever the HW is selling. I am sure that there are a few patients that are really unhappy with his work, it happens to ALL Dr.'s, but over all if he were as bad as some claim, he would no longer be in business, especially in an area of the country flooded with PS. LOL

• Love 2

I'm not a fan of Terry personally. He's not very likable. I also think if he wants to eat onion rings, let him Heather!

BUT. It is pretty difficult to pull off Botched if you are not a top plastic surgeon. Does Paul do all the heavy lifting? I doubt it. Think about the fact that he is correcting some major medical screw ups. Unless a high percentage of people think he's a poor surgeon, which we would likely have heard by now, I just don't believe he isn't highly qualified in his field. I don't know him, don't know any of his real patients ( at least that I'm aware of ) but he's legit. Does he have a history of malpractice suits?

• Love 3

I'm not a fan of Terry personally. He's not very likable. I also think if he wants to eat onion rings, let him Heather!

BUT. It is pretty difficult to pull off Botched if you are not a top plastic surgeon. Does Paul do all the heavy lifting? I doubt it. Think about the fact that he is correcting some major medical screw ups. Unless a high percentage of people think he's a poor surgeon, which we would likely have heard by now, I just don't believe he isn't highly qualified in his field. I don't know him, don't know any of his real patients ( at least that I'm aware of ) but he's legit. Does he have a history of malpractice suits?

I can't believe this I've turned into PI Megs #headband, code name giraffe...look what I found..

http://allthingsrh.com/dr-terry-dubrow-sued-for-malpractice/

http://absurdtosublime.net/2011/12/29/newest-orange-county-housewife-newest-lawsuit/

https://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/137545/Dr-Terry%2BJ.-Dubrow-NEWPORT%2BBEACH-CA.html?page=2

Edited by talula
  • Love 2

I appreciate the sleuthing skills, no worries. Knowledge is always good.

No doubt, there will be a percentage of patients not happy, is there a way to compare % of complaints from plastic surgeon to plastic surgeon? I have no idea. What I do know, assuming lots of it is for dramatics, is that the botched type especially clients that we have seen on that show, are likely the most dramatic, sensitive and/or unrealistic clients out there. Another words, very difficult to please. Think of Janice Dickinson who ignored all of Paul & Terry's advice. The guy who keeps getting implants to look like he lives in the gym but was a very stick thin male. These are people that have their nose redone several times, are left with minimal tissue and expect perfection. Think of Michael Jackson. He was sooooooooo handsome before any plastic surgery. Maybe, one nose job was ok, but he didn't stop and ruined his looks. I know Terry works with typical patients too, but I think he attracts the over the top, extreme low self esteem, seeking perfection type.

• Love 5

I just saw the episode w/ the leeches.

What in tarnation is up with that?

Is that why the Dubrows' houses are so sterile? So they can breed medical grade leeches?

ETA

Now there's a brilliant money making idea.

Terry and Heather could breed medical grade leeches in the sterile environs of their McMausoleum, sell them to the masses via Evine, then sit back at watch the money roll in.

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 2

I just saw the episode w/ the leeches.

What in tarnation is up with that?

Is that why the Dubrows' houses are so sterile? So they can breed medical grade leeches?

ETA

Now there's a brilliant money making idea.

Terry and Heather could breed medical grade leeches in the sterile environs of their McMausoleum, sell them to the masses via Evine, then sit back at watch the money roll in.

Now we know what the luggage room was really for.

(honestly I thought a luggage room was a good idea when you go McMausoleum big)

• Love 2

It's so much fun watching Madame Puppet on WWHL. She certainly is the shrinking violet in the presence of Annabelle. It was also revealing that when Annabelle gave the clue, "You hope your husband has one," Madame Puppet answered, "wallet." She is so lame. Madame Puppet also seemed annoyed when Annabelle said, "The Real Whatevers..." or something to that effect, and Annabelle appeared unaware that Madame Puppet was even there. Ha! Annabelle may be my new favorite person! Andy also seemed a little less enamored with Madame Puppet. 

• Love 4

It's so much fun watching Madame Puppet on WWHL. She certainly is the shrinking violet in the presence of Annabelle. It was also revealing that when Annabelle gave the clue, "You hope your husband has one," Madame Puppet answered, "wallet." She is so lame. Madame Puppet also seemed annoyed when Annabelle said, "The Real Whatevers..." or something to that effect, and Annabelle appeared unaware that Madame Puppet was even there. Ha! Annabelle may be my new favorite person! Andy also seemed a little less enamored with Madame Puppet.

That was awesome!

• Love 1