Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

Yes, Dr. Phil creeps me out on occasion, but here I thought he was pretty spot on. I actually don't have any problem with polyamory, but it has to be non-exploitative.

Everything about this situation was icky, from the guy's complicated background, the fact that he'd been a father-figure to her as a small child, her age - just over the point of legality, the fact that he didn't even wait for her to reach twenty before he got her pregnant - knowing that her baby will immediately be taken away from her, his use of the word 'submissive' when praising his wives (if you want to persuade us that they make their own decisions, that's not going to help)...

Plus, his idea that the bible advocates polygamy and yet he never asked for her family's permission and married her in secret, not thinking that, since women are property biblically speaking, he stole her! If he lived in biblical times, her family would probably have lynched him unless he could pay them off with a large dowry. And if you're going to quote the story of Jacob, what about him working for his wives' father for many years to earn their hands? What about him being tricked into marrying one of them that he didn't even want? I'm not even Christian, but I know he's wrong about this.

Poor girl. I hope someone in her family can get her out of this, so that she can at least keep her child.

Plus, in the second half, why do all televangelists look like they're make from polished plastic and sound like they're in a bad Broadway production? Even when I think they're probably right about something, there's something so OFF about them.

Edited by Lebanna
  • Love 3

If Polygamy Pastor and his wife want to invite a third "spiritual wife" into their marriage that's really nobody's business. But at best that 19-year-old girl is a half-wit and their arrangement with her is tantamount to exploitation.

Why exactly were they on the Dr. Phil show? They all professed to be extremely happy with their situation. And it's in the bible too, y'all! Yee haw!

They said that all their problems started when the local townsfolk caught wind of their polygamy. So their solution is to go on TV and bring national attention to it?? Huh?

The next sound you hear will be CPS ringing your doorbell.

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure they thought that Dr. Phil would take pity on them and help them get their kids back out of foster care. CPS is already all up in their business. Thankfully, he seems to have done nothing to change their custody arrangements.

And they're already internationally famous, even outside the English speaking world.

• Love 1

Repeats of past episodes All Week

Monday - December 21, 2015

A Mother of Four Who Says: "I Don't Want to Be a Mom"

Within months of each other, Heather tragically lost both her mother and oldest daughter. She now states she has no purpose in life and flat-out says she doesn't want to be a mother to her three remaining daughters. How does Dr. Phil react when Heather reveals that she thinks life would be better if one day she never woke up? Heather's daughters Andrea and Amber join this emotional conversation to beg their mother not to abandon them during their time of need. And, why does Andrea say she blames her mom for her sister's death? Can Dr. Phil convince this mother not to give up on life and family? Plus, get an update on two former guests who combined have lost nearly two hundred pounds and 100 inches. What do they credit for their success? Find out today! (Original Airdate: September 30, 2015)

Tuesday - December 22, 2015

Kicked Out At 15? Is This an Ungrateful Daughter or Is Mom Delusional?

Beverly and her daughter, Courtney, 20, have been estranged for five years after what Beverly says was one fight about a messy home before her daughter walked out of her life. Courtney says she didn’t choose to leave but was kicked out after what she says was months of verbal and emotional abuse. Courtney says after she moved in with her father, Christopher, things went from bad to worse when Christopher filed for full custody of her. What followed was a bitter custody battle, an altercation between Beverly and Christopher and a shocking allegation of sexual abuse. Can this fractured family bridge the gap, or will this tense reunion be their last effort? (Original Airdate: September 28, 2015)

Wednesday - December 23, 2015

"My Mom is Worth Millions: Is Her Husband a Catch or a 'Catfish'?"

Jordan says he is afraid his mom, Deanna's, husband could drain his family’s inheritance. Deanna married James in Nigeria six years ago after meeting him abroad. Deanna says there is absolutely no way her husband is only with her for money and adds that they met face to face! Deanna admits to spending close to $500,000 on her relationship with James between travel, entertainment and legal fees in her attempts to get James into Canada. Jordan says his mom is making a huge mistake in continuing her marriage to James, whom he admits he has yet to meet face to face. Deanna’s brother, Dale, says Deanna gets defensive anytime someone questions her relationship. Dale says he fears that James could even have another family he’s supporting with his sister’s money! Can Dr. Phil get to the bottom of a six-year dispute? Has Deanna finally found her soulmate, or has her perfect catch turned out to be a mistake? (Original Airdate: September 28, 2015)

Thursday - December 24, 2015

Social Media Obsessed Teens: "I Can't Breathe Without Wi-Fi"

Seventeen-year-old Khloe says she is so obsessed with social media, she cannot breathe without WiFi. She admits she spends 16-to-18 hours a day on various websites and posting selfies — and even sleeps with her phone strapped to her hand. Khloe says if she doesn’t have access to WiFi, she suffers from panic attacks. Khloe’s mother, Melanie, and stepfather, Danny, say Khloe’s behavior is so out of control, she will physically fight them or break down doors if her cell phone is taken away as punishment. Don’t miss what happens when Dr. Phil takes Khloe’s phone away during the show and reveals to Khloe and her parents what he believes is really behind her social media obsession. Then, Charmaine says her 15-year-old daughter is on chat sites constantly. She says she suspected that her teen was giving out personal information online, even though her daughter denied it, so Charmaine created a fake profile and chatted with her daughter for three days. Before long, her daughter freely gave out her hometown, age and school. Charmaine says she fears one day her daughter will share her information with the wrong person, and her safety or life could be in danger. Don’t miss how Dr. Phil gets to the root of what he believes is happening with Charmaine’s daughter — and the role he believes Charmaine is playing in her child’s potentially dangerous behavior. (Original Airdate: October 9, 2015)

Friday - December 25, 2015

Exclusive: High School Hero Defends Blind Teen in Alleged Bully Attack Caught on Video

Huntington Beach High School student Cody Pines is being hailed as a hero after the teen was caught on tape taking down an accused bully who was allegedly beating up legally-blind classmate, Austin Higley. Video of the incident was posted on the Internet and went viral. Today, for the first time, Cody and Austin are together and speaking out in an exclusive interview with Dr. Phil. Plus, meet a woman who says she needs Dr. Phil’s help before her husband ends up in an early grave. (Original Airdate: October 14, 2015)

I'm pretty sure they thought that Dr. Phil would take pity on them and help them get their kids back out of foster care. CPS is already all up in their business. Thankfully, he seems to have done nothing to change their custody arrangements.

And they're already internationally famous, even outside the English speaking world.

I threw up in my mouth watching this oily fat 4ss faker with the 19 year old.  I too wondered what they came on the show for, most probably you are right about the foster care.  They don't get their food stamps & welfare bennies when the kids are removed.  As well they should have been!  

I noticed the "pastor" said he doesn't really have a church, he just does this food pantry thing, but it was a little confusing to me.  That 19-year old didn't look like she was too with-it.  

Had to laugh at the "Ron Jeremy" reference in the earlier post.  My daughter wandered through while I was wasting an hour of my life watching this, and mentioned "Ron Jeremy is a better man that that freak, at least he doesn't go after under-age girls!"  (I had to ask myself how did my angelic girl know anything about Ron Jeremy???!!!  But I will sit on that thought for awhile....!

• Love 3

Ron Jeremy, spot on. Shill does seem to labor on the big screen. Not a good speller either. Don't quite get the reason for the screen. Is it a time waster? Shill really seems to be phoning it in these days.

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 1

This may have been a repeat today, but did he really spend half the show shilling his worthless weight loss book? Why does it seem, compared to thr OWN reruns, that he has actually GAINED weight, rather than lost it?

Doesn't it make sense that he should lead by example???

• Love 4

I'm here as a hate-watcher. I find Dr. Phil to be a thoroughly APPALLING therapist. The conversation is usually 10% about the client and 90% about him (with that 90% being further subdivided into 50% stroking his ginormous ego and 40% selling his quack remedies, endorsements and co-branded products).

I know this is a tv show and not anything close to real therapy, but after commercials, the endless repetition, and the obligatory electronic whiteboard finger-theater, each case gets about ten minutes of actual discussion. Nothing meaningful can be accomplished in that time.

And discussion is entirely the wrong word. It's a lecture, many times a harangue. Dr. Phil has no interest in having a dialogue. And when the occasional guest has the gumption to disagree with him he turns downright churlish, nasty and petty. These are the times when I am most shocked at his behavior.

• Love 4

I'm still trying to get over the diet book for grieving. What the what?! I mean I know when you look good you tend to feel better but DAMN! He needed to work on the inside. Why not that brain center?

I generally hate watch. Every 5 or so years he comes up with another ISM.  

I'm still trying to get over the diet book for grieving. What the what?! I mean I know when you look good you tend to feel better but DAMN! He needed to work on the inside. Why not that brain center?

I generally hate watch. Every 5 or so years he comes up with another ISM.  

Dr. Shill has a diet book to follow when you're grieving?  Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but the last time someone close to me died, I didn't immediately think of starting a new diet.

What is this 'work on the inside mean'?

And what is an ISM?

I'm still trying to get over the diet book for grieving.

Oh, thank you. I was watching that episode while doing housework and was certain I had misconstrued something.

The show began with a woman in severe grief over the overdose death of her daughter and death of her mother and somehow ended with her going on the 20/20 Diet. I was like, WTF??? That just can't be.

• Love 3

Dr. Shill has a diet book to follow when you're grieving?  Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but the last time someone close to me died, I didn't immediately think of starting a new diet.

What is this 'work on the inside mean'?

And what is an ISM?

Just that she needed some intense real counseling and a good look over. Use that Lawless Center he pushes all the time. 

ISM…..His 'Cute" responses like, " This ain't my first rodeo." Funny a few times. Years not so much.

Oh, thank you. I was watching that episode while doing housework and was certain I had misconstrued something.

The show began with a woman in severe grief over the overdose death of her daughter and death of her mother and somehow ended with her going on the 20/20 Diet. I was like, WTF??? That just can't be.

You heard correctly! 

I honestly don't think his heart is into hosting this show and hasn't been for the last few years at least. He does it now to pad his bank account and will probably ride this gravy train for as long as he can. Watching older shows they show on OWN you can see at least for the first few years he was actually interested in helping people. I can't even hate watch anymore for the most part though especially since Robin's been so overly involved in the show and using it to hawk her crap and just reading about the "Walk off Contest" and the "In Robin's Shoes" idiocy made me roll my eyes so hard I'm surprised they didn't get stuck. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 3

What do you all think about this?

Maybe when Robin wasn't so active in the show and it was all about his point of view... maybe he was more interested.

Or do you think Robin had to become active in order to save the show because Phil had checked out?

Now it seems like there are gadgets and weird people just to hold onto the edge, etc.

More reruns....

Monday - December 28, 2015

"My Daughter is a Beautiful, Intelligent, Talented, Egomaniacal, Drug-Addicted Liar and Thief"

Constance says her adult daughter Candice is a lying, chaotic, mooching, immature terror, who steals and lives rent free in her house. Candice is proud to say she is young, hot and able to manipulate anyone into anything. Constance says her daughter opened credit cards in her name, forged checks and pawned jewelry for cash and drugs. Candice admits to using drugs on a regular basis but blames her mom for giving her cash or driving her to her dealer to buy them. Find out why security threatened to kick Candice out of the hotel before the show because of an incident with a male. Can Dr. Phil get this toxic relationship moving in the right direction? Will Candice accept Dr. Phil’s offer of help? (Original Airdate: September 21, 2015)

Tuesday - December 29, 2015

Three Sisters Divided: "Our Sister’s Self-Destructive Behavior Is Killing Our Mother and Could Land Her Behind Bars"

Three sisters, Elvia, Erica and Tiffany, say they like to call themselves the “Mexican Kardashians,” because on the outside, they’re educated and beautiful. But behind closed doors, they admit that their family is more “dramatic, chaotic and broken,” than glamorous. They say they’re always fighting with each other or with their mother, Janie, and Elvia and Erica claim the main source of conflict is Tiffany. They claim Tiffany is irresponsible, rude and emotionally and verbally abusive to Janie, with whom Tiffany lives rent-free. They say Tiffany recently vandalized her ex-boyfriend’s house and caused $20,000 worth of damage, and that her non-stop drama is taking a toll on their mother’s health. Elvia and Erica also claim that Tiffany is a “sugar baby” and worry that her promiscuity is putting her in dangerous situations. Tiffany denies being abusive to Janie, and says she’s just “addicted to love” and can’t be alone. Can Dr. Phil help these feuding sisters call a truce? (Original Airdate: December 2, 2015)

Wednesday - December 30, 2015

"I Reunited with My Birth Mother and Now She Says She Wishes She Never Had Me"

Adopted as a baby, Rhonda says she wondered throughout her childhood why her birth mother placed her for adoption. At 24, she finally met her birth mother, Terri, and says she learned something no child should ever have to hear: Terri said she had tried to end her pregnancy by drinking an abortion concoction. Since meeting, Rhonda and Terri say their relationship has not been what they had hoped for -- but Rhonda says one good thing that came from the reunion is the unbreakable bond she now has with her younger sister, Beth. Beth and Rhonda say that since reuniting, Terri has become a “complete mess,” adding that she is mean, nasty and verbally abusive – especially when she’s inebriated or high on pills -- accusations Terri strongly denies. Terri says that Rhonda has turned Beth, and that the two have joined forces against her. She says she can’t believe Beth asked Rhonda to be her Matron of Honor at her upcoming wedding, knowing how “horrible” Rhonda has been to her. But Beth says she won’t even invite Terri to the wedding unless she cleans up her act. Who is causing the drama? Can Dr. Phil bring peace to this toxic trio, and can this mom finally bury the hatchet with her daughters? Plus, learn why an accusation of molestation may be at the root of this family’s resentment. (Original Airdate: October 12, 2015)

Thursday - December 31, 2015

She Was a Model, a Marine, but Now She's a Mess

Bill and Marlena say their daughter Courtney was a beautiful child and model who, after the events of 9/11, decided to join the military. While serving in Iraq, Courtney was blown from a 40-foot wall and suffered major injuries, which required reconstructive surgery. Courtney says that’s when she became addicted to pain pills. She says when her prescription ran out, she turned to something stronger and more easily obtainable – heroin. Courtney says she has used heroin to help with her PTSD and to help numb the pain of enduring numerous sexual abuse-related traumas over the years. Bill claims that his ex-wife, Marlena, enables Courtney, and that’s why their daughter can’t stay clean. But Marlena says she can’t turn her back on Courtney, like she says Bill has – an accusation that Bill denies – and admits that she’s even driven Courtney to buy drugs. Can Bill and Marlene put their own issues aside and become the united front Courtney needs? Is Courtney ready to face her demons and reveal the secrets she’s been holding inside? And, are Bill and Marlena prepared hear what she has to say? Tune in to this emotional Dr. Phil. (Original Airdate: October 20, 2015)

Friday - January 1, 2016

"Our Son Claims He is a Famous Songwriter: Could He Be Delusional or a Master Manipulator?"

Robin says she’s concerned about her 23-year-old son, Riley, who insists he’s a famous songwriter, with his biggest claim to fame, according to Riley, being that he wrote a song for Taylor Swift. Robin says Riley went from Advanced Placement classes to drug use and being homeless, and that at a young age, Riley began lying and showed great skill at manipulating people. She admits she enabled him over the years, but now she feels as if the situation is so far out of her control, she doesn’t know what to do. Darrell, Riley’s stepfather, says the circumstances have caused strain in his marriage. Is Riley truly troubled? Or might he just be manipulating those closest to him? (Original Airdate: October 5, 2015)

I just watched the 'Mexican Kardashians' episode. Wow. I often think that people use Dr. Phil's show as a platform for 'stardom,' but nothing like this family. They were going to say what they were going to say regardless of the questions they were actually asked. Phil even stopped the mom at one point to get her off of her script and to (kind of) answer his question. No real tears were cried although there were many attempts to fake cry. I was surprised Dr. Phil even let them on the show as they seemed so obvious in trying to become the 'Mexican Kardashians.'

• Love 2
I know this is a tv show and not anything close to real therapy, but after commercials, the endless repetition, and the obligatory electronic whiteboard finger-theater, each case gets about ten minutes of actual discussion. Nothing meaningful can be accomplished in that time.

I went to a taping of this show a couple of months ago. Before that, I knew intellectually that it's a 45 minute show (or however long it actually is, minus the commercials.) Not a lot of therapy or, ya know, actual HELP can happen in that short period. But I guess I thought beforehand that Dr. P actually spent a decent amount of time talking to the guests, and then it gets edited down to the 45 minute show. Not so. There is zero interaction between Phil and the guests other than exactly what you see on the show. Guest comes out, Phil shakes his/her hand, and they launch right into it. During the commercials, Phil looks at his notes and/or stares into space while the crew moves chairs around and rearranges the guests. He does not talk to the guests at all unless the cameras are rolling. It comes across as "Hi there total stranger. I'm Phil. I've never met you before, never spoken a word. Now please sit there while consult my little blue cards and then proceed to lecture you on everything you're doing wrong in your life. When it's over, he simply walks off, leaving the guest sitting there.  For one of the shows, he paused to thank that African American lawyer lady who is on there all the time and whose name I can't remember. But other than that he just...leaves. It's weird to watch. The whole thing made me feel like a creepy voyeur. I have no idea why anyone would volunteer to be on this show.

• Love 16

Thanks, sleepyjean, for sharing your experience of a taping.  Sadly, it is exactly what I would have expected.

Dr. Phil's lack of engagement with the patients (guests? contestants?) is palpable.  To me it is clear the the show is purely a vehicle for his own fame and money-making schemes.  Although he may have some degree of clinical training, I find him to be the utmost fraud.  In that he is there for himself, not his patients.

I have only recently started watching the show with regularity.  Do any of these people who he sends off to the various funny farms for "dual-diagnosis" of their "co-morbidity" syndromes EVER come back to let us know how their lives have been changed?  My feeling is that most people walk off the show in the exact state they started.  And that the others who go off for a year of treatment "as a gift" leave those facilties within a month.

If Dr. Phil truly turned these pathetic peoples' lives around, wouldn't he want to brag about all his success stories??  

• Love 6

ALL NEW Shows This Week

Monday - January 4, 2016

“I Want a Divorce but My Obsessive and Controlling Husband Won’t Let Me Go”

Twenty-three-year-old Alyssa says she had no choice but to leave her husband, Mario, 25, who she claims was controlling and degraded her constantly. Now, she says he’s obsessed and refuses to leave her alone -- claiming he’s even moved into her building to keep an eye on her. Mario says he’s just trying to show Alyssa that he loves her and will fight to get his family back and that he moved into her building to save money on rent. He insists their marriage was fine and says he was blindsided when she left. Alyssa’s mother, Diana, says she fears what Mario might do in his desperation to win Alyssa back and believes something needs to be done now to ensure her daughter and grandchildren are safe. Then, Bethany says her husband, Casey, needs to improve his culinary game so she can get a break from the kitchen. TV host and New York Times best-selling author Rachael Ray shows Casey and Dr. Phil a quick and easy way to make a delicious meal in minutes. Plus, hear about Rachael’s new book, Everyone Is Italian On Sunday.

Tuesday - January 5, 2016

“We Believe Our Mother Blames Us for Our Sister’s Death!”

Debbie says on December 4, 2009, when she didn’t hear back from her 16-year-old daughter, Kaylene, who was out running errands after gymnastics, she went out looking for her and stumbled upon a parent’s worst nightmare: Kaylene’s car had lost control on black ice and hit a tree, and she was pronounced dead at the scene. Six years later, her family says instead of holding each other closer in their grief, they have been falling further apart. Debbie’s daughter, Shaunase, and son, Justin, claim their mother not only refuses to move past the tragedy, but also blames them for their sister’s death, a claim Debbie denies. Shaunase says her relationship with Debbie is so strained that an argument escalated to Debbie trying to hit her with a car! Debbie denies trying to hit Shaunase with her car but admits her pain is still horrible and getting worse, and she says Shaunase and Justin don’t understand her grief. She claims they’ve been cruel and insensitive and don’t allow her to spend time with her grandchildren. Can Dr. Phil help this family heal? Then, actor John Stamos joins the show to preview Dr. Phil’s guest role on the Fox comedy Grandfathered.

Wednesday - January 6, 2016

Exclusive: Missing 15-Year-Old Girl Found Alive After Allegedly Being Held Hostage! Is There More to the Story?

Linda says her life became a living nightmare the night her 15-year-old daughter went out to walk the dog and didn’t return. With family, friends and loved ones desperate to find the missing girl, a massive search was launched and continued for the next 23 days, until Linda’s daughter was found. Dr. Phil show producers were on the phone with Linda the day she got the news her daughter was found and then flew with her to Missouri to reunite with her daughter. Today, the teen girl sits down with Dr. Phil to speak for the first time publicly since she was rescued. Hear the detailed account of what she says began as an online relationship and escalated to an alleged predator taking her hundreds of miles across state lines to his home in Missouri. What does she say prompted her to leave her family's house that night? And what does she say happened while she was in Missouri?

Thursday - January 7, 2016

The Parents of Missing 15-Year-Old Found Alive React to Her Claims

Dr. Phil meets Linda and her fiancé, Britt, who were listening backstage while Linda’s daughter gave her harrowing account of what she says happened when she went missing. Linda and Britt tell Dr. Phil they were shocked and devastated by traumatic details of the teen’s account of being taken across state lines by a 41-year-old man before she was rescued by the FBI. Then, Linda, Britt and the teen’s biological dad, Russell, speak with Dr. Phil about the tension in their family. What do they find out about the young woman’s thoughts and beliefs at the time of her disappearance? And, find out why the teen’s disclosure of one of those thoughts and beliefs caused Britt to storm off the stage!

Friday - January 8, 2016

“Facing Jail Time Because Step-Daughter is a Liar”

Ruth and her husband, Mike, claim Ruth’s 20-year-old daughter, Allie, is ruining their lives with her outlandish lies. They claim Allie lies about nearly everything from pregnancies and miscarriages to Mike killing a kitten with a 2x4 and Ruth killing her cousin in a car wreck – none of which they say is true. They claim Allie’s lies have cost them relationships with family and friends, their business, more than $100,000 in legal fees, and have landed them both behind bars. Mike claims he’s often the target of Allie’s lies and says as a result, he is facing up to four years in jail on charges of statutory rape in the 2nd degree– for something he is adamant he never did. Allie admits that she lies, but says she doesn’t know why and says sometimes can’t even remember doing it. What does Dr. Phil think may be at the root of her behavior? Is she a teen crying out for help, or could there be something deeper at play?

I was thinking of dropping Dr. Phil even though I find many of the stories interesting. I am so tired of his shilling for his damn Doctor on Demand and his books and I am even more tired of his blaming parents for everything their adult children ever do. I watched the rerun last week about the 30 year old woman who stole her mothers credit cards and check book, forged her mother's name and forged paystubs to get a BMW, among other criminal activities. Her excuse was that her mother never taught her to do laundry which Phil must have agreed with because he let her poor, broke mother have it. If you are 30 years old and cannot figure out how to operate a washing machine, it is you fault, not your parents. 

And it's one thing to say just throw your child out on the street, but another thing to live with the knowledge that your child may be forced to steal, prostitute themselves, or be hurt or killed by living in the streets. Most parents of children like that are between a rock and a hard place. At some point this woman's mother will have to lock her doors and not see her daughter again, but that is something very, very hard to do. 

• Love 3

The woman on yesterday's show is in serious danger.  I think he and his staff talked to her after the show and got things in place for her to get some things done.  Change phone number, move to undisclosed location, maybe even to a different town etc.  They could not allow that to be broadcast.   Her husband will never go to Texas.  He said he would think about it.  Yuh.   They had to get her out of that complex that day.  

• Love 1

The woman on yesterday's show is in serious danger. I think he and his staff talked to her after the show and got things in place for her to get some things done. Change phone number, move to undisclosed location, maybe even to a different town etc. They could not allow that to be broadcast. Her husband will never go to Texas. He said he would think about it. Yuh. They had to get her out of that complex that day.

I totally agree! I was impressed with the woman's mother, too, and how forceful and effective she was at cutting through the ex's b.s.. (Semi-O/T: Everyone, get the book, "The Gift of Fear." It's about not ignoring your instincts of danger).

• Love 2

Phillip has got to get better with his segues. Another mother who has buried a child and subsequently treats her surviving children like shit, and next...Uncle Jessie!

Your crazy stalker husband is going to kill you, and next...some lady thinks her husband is a lousy cook!

I've noticed something about Phillip. He seems very awkward around celebrities. Not whacked out ones like Kim Richards. But when he's promoting some appearance he's made on some soon to be cancelled show, he seems almost terrified in front of the actors.

• Love 7

Is today the first time a non-celebrity guest walked off the show? 

This was the missing 15-year-old case, where the girl was kidnapped by an on-line predator and Dr. Phil was strongly implying that there was something really wrong with her mother's fiance. 

• Love 1

Is today the first time a non-celebrity guest walked off the show? 

This was the missing 15-year-old case, where the girl was kidnapped by an on-line predator and Dr. Phil was strongly implying that there was something really wrong with her mother's fiance. 

No, others have stomped off but usually return after talking to producers back stage.  He will be back. 

• Love 1

Ok, I watched today's show with the lying daughter/step daughter.  She has serious issues; she sat there smirking the entire time. 

And Phil, you use lie detectors and act like they're the bible.  I don't get why you grilled the step dad, when he and his wife both passed lie detector tests.  Yeah, he maybe should have been a little more careful, but he said he didn't do anything sexual towards the other girl.  Sounds like that girl had been a victim before, younger, and I'm betting that the lying daughter/step daughter did convince her somehow to embellish the encounter.  She so wants to hurt her step dad and I guess her mom.  She would be moving on out. I think I'd get a restraining order, too.  Bad feeling about her.  She kept smiling and smirking, I don't know why I did it, I don't remember it.  She knows why she did it, just didn't want to own up to it.  I bet she doesn't take Phil up on the help offered. 

• Love 4

Ugh, that lying girl. Dr. Phil left out a fourth reason for lying: malice and revenge. Seemed clear to me that Lying Girl's motive was to get back at this guy for taking her mother's attention away from her (extra wide head). And she figured out the worst thing she could accuse this guy of. And it worked. Hence the smirking.

Re: the 15-year-old kidnapee case, I have never seen any "experienced mental health professional" talk as much as Dr. Phil. He pretty much fed that poor girl her whole story in his "exclusive one-on-one interview" with her. He didn't elicit a story from her. He presented his understanding of the facts and asked her to agree or disagree. Spurious technique at best.

I'm not sure why I even watch this show. I keep expecting it to abide by real life ethics and clinical practice standards when it is clearly just a schlock money making sham for a greedy charlatan.

• Love 6

The lying girl today was completely crazy and I would be scared to live under the same roof as her. Another 20 year old that apparently doesn't go to school or work and spends all day making up lies on social media. Does she think she can ever get a decent job or find people who trust her after this?

Also thought something was off about the step dad too but I don't think he harmed the liar in any way. It just seems beyond odd and foolish for him to be having private conversations with an unrelated (to him) young teen, in a bedroom alone. I don't see why he can't discuss hiding gifts and party attendance with his wife, instead of this girl. He also doesn't need to be touching a young woman on the butt. I didn't like the way he was smiling through the whole thing either.

The 15 year old kidnapped case was just handled in such a bizarre way. I really could not understand why Dr. Phil had this family on since the whole thing was him talking and the girl nodding or saying quietly yes. Are we supposed to have learned something here?

• Love 3

The lying girl today was completely crazy and I would be scared to live under the same roof as her. Another 20 year old that apparently doesn't go to school or work and spends all day making up lies on social media. Does she think she can ever get a decent job or find people who trust her after this?

Also thought something was off about the step dad too but I don't think he harmed the liar in any way. It just seems beyond odd and foolish for him to be having private conversations with an unrelated (to him) young teen, in a bedroom alone. I don't see why he can't discuss hiding gifts and party attendance with his wife, instead of this girl. He also doesn't need to be touching a young woman on the butt. I didn't like the way he was smiling through the whole thing either.

The 15 year old kidnapped case was just handled in such a bizarre way. I really could not understand why Dr. Phil had this family on since the whole thing was him talking and the girl nodding or saying quietly yes. Are we supposed to have learned something here?

The parents will be on a continuation this week.  We saw in the preview that the father stormed off the stage. 

Something was hinky about that step dad in yesterday's show, for sure.  I don't think he did anything horrific but he was close to the line.  I was glad to see that Phil is sending her away to one of his places for troubled teens.  She cannot live under their roof unless they want to go to jail again.  She is not going to stop lying.  I didn't believe she had no recollection of those lies.  She remembered but it was just too stressful to get into it.  The easier route was to lie (again) and pretend she had no knowledge; it made it look better in her eyes.  It wasn't me, I have a brain problem.   Phil was not buying it. 

Edited by wings707

All New shows this week...

Monday - January 11, 2016

Protective Mom or Jilted Lover?

Angela claims her ex-boyfriend, Geddy, is an unfit father to their 2-year-old son and she wants his parental rights revoked. She claims Geddy is a convicted felon with ties to a child pornography scandal involving the FBI and that Geddy has physically and sexually abused their son – all claims Geddy vehemently denies – but Angela says she has proof and she’ll do everything in her power to protect her little boy. Geddy says there is absolutely no truth to Angela’s allegations and claims she is a vindictive, jilted ex- lover who is using their innocent son to make his life a living hell. Is Angela a woman scorned who’s out for revenge? Is Geddy a danger to their son? Will a polygraph test help determine who’s telling the truth?

Tuesday - January 12, 2016

“I Believe My ‘Mooching’ Nephew and His Alleged Six Alter Egos are Duping My Sister”

Laurie says her 23-year-old son, Dillon, was a sweet, loving child, but as a teen, she claims he split into multiple personalities, including twin boys, a cat named “Felix” who speaks with an Australian accent, and “Adam,” who she says is scary and prone to violent outbursts. Laurie claims Dillon suffers from schizophrenia, PTSD, OCD, ADHD and bipolar disorder. But not everyone in the family believes Dillon has multiple personalities. Laurie’s sister Danielle says she’s convinced Dillon is faking his disorder and claims he is really a “moocher” who has been manipulating Laurie to get what he wants and avoid working. Dillon denies Danielle's claims and says she just doesn’t understand his disorders and difficulties. Does Dillon really have multiple personality disorder? And, how might Laurie be contributing to Dillon's behavior? Dr. Phil helps get to the truth so this family can start healing. Don’t miss this compelling Dr. Phil!

Wednesday - January 13, 2016

“My Kids Were Starved, Slapped and Locked in a Room: A One-Year Sentence Isn’t Enough!”

In May 2012, Kathleen and Martin O’Brien were charged with abusing some of their six internationally adopted children whose abuse allegations included being locked in a room with no bathroom, being forced to kneel naked on sharp rocks and forced stand in a feces covered dog pen. Today, two of the six children, Leonid, 16, and Carolina, 17, share what they say they endured and how far they’ve come with the help of their newly adoptive parents, Katie and Ryan. Hear their emotional story of strength and perseverance. At trial, Kathleen O’Brien was found guilty of three counts of child abuse and one count of disorderly conduct, Martin O’Brien was convicted of four counts of child abuse, and they were given one-year in prison -- a sentence Katie and Ryan say is nowhere near enough! Dr. Phil and special guest, Daily Mail Editor-at-Large Piers Morgan, discuss the case and provide tools to help this family continue to move forward. Plus, don’t miss the special surprises Dr. Phil has in store for them!

Thursday - January 14, 2016

Investigating “Making A Murderer”: Should Steven Avery Be Set Free?

Netflix’s “Making a Murderer” focuses on Steven Avery, the man behind bars everyone is talking about. Avery was convicted in 1985 for the rape of Penny Beerntsen and sentenced to 32 years in prison. After 18 years in prison, Avery was exonerated because of DNA evidence. Then in 2007, Avery was convicted and sentenced to life in prison, without possibility of parole, for killing Teresa Halbach, a photographer who had done work for Avery’s family business. The prosecution presented evidence including: Halbach’s SUV, found in the Avery’s salvage yard, with Avery’s blood, a bullet with Halbach’s DNA embedded in the floor of the garage, and keys to Halbach’s SUV found in Avery’s trailer. Since the release of the documentary, “Making A Murderer,” hundreds of thousands of people have signed online petitions to free convicted murderer Steven Avery. Dr. Phil delves into the details of this controversial case.

Friday - January 15, 2016

A Mysterious Stabbing, Calls to Cops, A Beautiful Daughter’s Cry for Attention or a Mom Out of Control?

Jordan and Madison claim their 17-year-old sister, Peyton, is a master manipulator who preys on their mother, Lora’s, emotions, and they say it has to stop. They also have claimed Peyton is physically and verbally abusive towards Lora, but they say Lora continues to look the other way and cover for her – even when the police are called to the house. Jordan and Madison say they can’t believe their mother is so naïve and they are at their breaking point. Lora admits she has difficulty disciplining Peyton and that she’s lost all authority in her home, but says she doesn’t know how to end the sibling rivalry between her daughters. Peyton admits she’s had some problems, but says her family just doesn’t understand her. Is Peyton’s behavior an attempt to get attention, or could something deeper be at play? Plus, Peyton makes a shocking confession. How will what she reveals impact her relationship with her mom and her sisters? Is this family ready to call a truce?

Having watched the reruns of Dr Phil on OWN and then watching current shows, there is definitely something wrong with him. He can barely turn his head and his back is stiff. His face is really red, he yells a lot more and seems to have to search for his words. Has anyone else noticed this? The walkoff is also different. He used to be spritely when he grabbed Robin's hand and they walked off together. Now he seems like a really old man. Has anyone heard anything about his current health situation? 

• Love 1

Having watched the reruns of Dr Phil on OWN and then watching current shows, there is definitely something wrong with him. He can barely turn his head and his back is stiff. His face is really red, he yells a lot more and seems to have to search for his words. Has anyone else noticed this? The walkoff is also different. He used to be spritely when he grabbed Robin's hand and they walked off together. Now he seems like a really old man. Has anyone heard anything about his current health situation? 

I was very curious about that also, Gam2, and in fact posted about it in the individual Dr. Phil thread back in May.  Didn't get a response about it then, and haven't heard anything about it elsewhere.  But, you're right - there's a definite stiffness in his upper body that I find quite noticeable.

Here's my original post:

Tunia

May 17 2015. 11:12 am

Not that I spend much time thinking about Dr. $hill, but anytime I see him I'm struck by the fact that his head and shoulders apparently can't work independently.  Does he have some kind of a skeletorial or muscular condition?  He never just turns his head...it's always an entire upper body movement.  Anyone know?

. Now that you pointed that out, I can't quit looking at him to see if he turns his head! Can't even concentrate on what he is saying! Geeze.
  • Love 1

About today's show with those horribly abused kids. That judge and those parents should have to endure everything they put those kids thru for the same amount of time. Also, that boy had the weirdest affect which I would expect. Just saying.

• Love 3

Watching the last few days, I have to wonder what reason some of these people go on the show for. I felt very, very sad at the abused kids today, but since the parents were already sentenced, there is nothing Dr. Phil could possibly do for them. I would even think just being on TV might be difficult for them because strangers and other kids might be constantly bringing it up. I know they said they did it to help other people, but they really can't. Unless a friend, relative or neighbor reports it, abused kids are not helped (sometimes even then).

The day before was the sick kid who claimed to have 14 personalties. I don't know what was going on but I find Dr. Phil's drug test of the kid hard to believe: without anyone knowing the kid was on pot, PCP, meth, oxycontin, ecstasy and a few other drugs. Where would he get so many drugs? How could his mother not know anything? I think it was exaggerated.

Monday's story was the woman who thought her toddler was being abused by his father. I hate it when Phil has these types of stories on. Not saying he was wrong but: before the mother says one word, Dr. Phil is attacking her. I believe in my heart he hates mothers. Any mother that goes on this show is raked over the coals. Then he claims to care about the child but without him or any child psychologist interviewing the child, he says everything is find because of a lie detector test. Those tests are not reliable, not legal and can be easily fooled by a sociopath. Again, I don't know if the father was doing anything, but a man who worked for years in a hotel used for child pornography would never be trustworthy to me. Dr. Phil only cares about being right.

• Love 5

Watching the last few days, I have to wonder what reason some of these people go on the show for. I felt very, very sad at the abused kids today, but since the parents were already sentenced, there is nothing Dr. Phil could possibly do for them. I would even think just being on TV might be difficult for them because strangers and other kids might be constantly bringing it up. I know they said they did it to help other people, but they really can't. Unless a friend, relative or neighbor reports it, abused kids are not helped (sometimes even then).

I didn't understand what Piers Morgan was brought on for.  Should the viewers value his opinion over anyone else in the world?  He's no particular expert in the field of child abuse (that I'm aware of).  Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention, but was he selling a new book or something else other than the website that Dr. Phil mentioned was so terribly awfully wonderful?

• Love 4

I saw the end of his show today when he paid tribute to his long time cameraman, who was also an attorney (?). It was a genuinely sad tribute to Dan. Until Robin chimed in with how he was so protective of her, how he knew how afraid she was to appear on camera, how he took such good care of her while he was standing beside her. When has she ever been afraid of appearing on camera promoting her skin care line, her "Omaze" (whatever the hell that is) or whatever she's currently promoting? I need to remove myself from this show and these people! They're such posers now.

• Love 6

I saw the end of his show today when he paid tribute to his long time cameraman, who was also an attorney (?). It was a genuinely sad tribute to Dan. Until Robin chimed in with how he was so protective of her, how he knew how afraid she was to appear on camera, how he took such good care of her while he was standing beside her. When has she ever been afraid of appearing on camera promoting her skin care line, her "Omaze" (whatever the hell that is) or whatever she's currently promoting? I need to remove myself from this show and these people! They're such posers now.

I haven't seen this episode yet. Sounds like I'm going to be even more disgusted with Robin. making herself the main star of this mans death.

And Robin claiming she's shy? As John Wayne would say "re-goddamn-diculous" (or something like that!)

I'm glad that I quit watching when I saw the tribute start.  I figured Dr. Phil would use it to segue into selling something (as he usually does at the end of his show), but Robin's takeover would have been perhaps worse. 

IDK, I found the bit about their late cameraman to be genuine. They both seem absolutely gutted about his unexpected death -- Robin could hardly catch her breath and had real tears. How sad.

(And I'm usually quick to call bullshit on some of their stuff!)

• Love 3

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that their grief was not genuine. I absolutely believe it was.  However, IMO, a tribute to him should have been about him and his life and his family and how he became an attorney and then how he became a cameraman on the show. This tribute seemed to be all about his relationship to Robin. I think that diminishes the rest of his life and his impact on others.

• Love 2

In my opinion, Nancy Grace is the epitome of what people call a bitch. She was all sweetness and light until Dr.Phil disagreed with her. Being shrill and loud doesn't make you right. I don't think anyone will ever know the actual truth about the murder.

• Love 5

I like that he did a show on Stephen Avery with another scheduled.  I am interested but not enough to watch a 10 episode mini series on Netflix.   I could do without Nancy Grace and hopefully she will not be on the second one.  She is impossible to take. 

• Love 2

All New Shows This Week

Monday - January 18, 2016

“Making a Murderer”: New Details Revealed as the Sheriff’s Department Speaks Out

Dr. Phil continues to delve into the details of the controversial Netflix documentary “Making a Murderer,” which focuses on Steven Avery, a man exonerated by DNA after 18 years in prison. After being free for 2 years Steven Avery was arrested again, this time for murder. Convicted in 1985 for the rape of Penny Beerntsen and sentenced to 32 years in prison, in 2005 Avery was exonerated by DNA evidence after serving 18 years behind bars. Then in 2007, Avery was convicted and sentenced to life in prison, without possibility of parole, for the brutal murder of Teresa Halbach. The prosecution presented seemingly incontrovertible evidence -- Halbach’s SUV found in the Avery’s salvage yard containing Avery’s blood, a bullet with Halbach’s DNA embedded in the floor of Avery's garage, the key to Halbach’s SUV found in Avery’s trailer, and Halbach's remains in a burn pit on Avery's property. Is Steven Avery the unluckiest man in America or is he a calculated killer who is right where he belongs, behind bars? Since the release of the documentary, hundreds of thousands of outraged viewers have signed online petitions to free Avery. In a daytime television exclusive, Dr. Phil talks to Kenneth Peterson, Avery’s arresting officer in the 1985 rape case and the Manitowoc County Sheriff when Avery was arrested for murder and put on trial. What information does he reveal for the first time? And, Avery’s defense attorney, Dean Strang, speaks out about his former client. What does he think about Avery’s conviction and the potential for a new trial? Plus, former Green Bay, Wisconsin news reporter Diana Alvear weighs in, and Avery’s former fiancée Sandra Greenman reflects upon the last time she says she saw Avery.

Tuesday - January 19, 2016

"I'm Raising My Granddaughter Because I Think My Daughter is Violent, Abusive and Neglectful!"

Susie says she’s at the end of her rope trying to raise her 4-year-old granddaughter and claims her daughter, Adriana, 20, neglects her parental duties to spend time with her boyfriend, Matt. Adriana strongly denies her accusations and says Susie and her husband, Ray, mistakenly place blame on Matt, but have never given him a chance. Matt says Adriana’s family problems began long before he entered the picture, and claims Susie and Ray judge him because of a history of past drug use and having a criminal record – but he says he has changed his life and his ways. Can Dr. Phil help get to the root of their issues for the sake of the child? Plus, hear why Adriana says she’s been keeping Susie in the dark about her own drug recovery process. Is she ready to take on fulltime parenting? Don’t miss this emotional Dr. Phil.

Wednesday - January 20,
“I Am God’s Prophet and My Family is Trying to Destroy Me”

From curing rare forms of cancer to foreseeing mass destruction and freeing others from sickness and sin, Julia says she believes she is “God’s chosen prophet” and has these types of abilities and more. She also says as “His vessel,” she must carry out His commands. But her parents, Mark and Cheryll, claim that Julia said God told her to quit her high-paying job, which they say caused her to be homeless; taught her how to resurrect living creatures from the dead, which Julia has said she can do; and that it was her destiny to marry a man named “Jeff,” which they say resulted in a restraining order. Julia calls her parents “blasphemous” and claims they’re trying to destroy her by wanting to send her to a mental health facility. But Mark and Cheryll say they’re concerned for the well-being of their grandchildren, particularly their young grandchild who Julia claims also has “the gift.” Julia’s parents say that they’ve been researching ways to gain custody of their grandchildren. Julia’s husband, Damien, says he believes Julia is a prophet of God. Hear how he says Julia healed him. Then, hear from Julia’s sister, Angie, who says she doesn’t believe her sister is a prophet at all. What does she think is at the root of Julia’s beliefs? Is Julia abiding by the scripture she expects others to live by? Does her family believe mental illness might be a factor?

Thursday - January 21, 2016

"My Future Mother-In-Law is a Violent, Overbearing Bully!”

Connor, 18, says he’s stuck in the middle of a feud between his mom, Megan, and his fiancée, Victoria, and both women want him to pick a side! He claims that when he was 16, his mom “hit the roof” when she learned that he and Victoria were having a baby, and claims Megan kicked him out and told him that he’s no longer welcome in their family. But Megan says Connor “behaved his way right out the door” and claims it was his decision to leave and move in with his grandmother, Bonnie. Megan says she believes Victoria manipulates her son and claims Victoria got pregnant to trap Connor after learning that he will someday receive a large inheritance. Victoria vehemently denies Megan’s claims and says she’s tired of Megan calling her awful names and claiming she’s a spoiled brat – and says Megan needs to stay out of her and Connor’s relationship. Can Dr. Phil help Megan and Victoria see eye-to-eye? Will Connor have to choose? Then, hear why Megan says she can’t wait for the “flames of hell” to come knocking on her mother, Bonnie’s, door. Can Dr. Phil help heal the hurt this family has been festering?

Friday - January 22, 2016

"My Daughter Bullies Me with Beatings and Threats to My Life!”

Elizabeth claims for the last four years, she’s been terrorized, beaten, threatened and spat on by her 21-year-old daughter, Lyndsay. She even claims that during one argument Lyndsay “gunned the car,” and she ended up face down on the cement with scratches and broken teeth. Lyndsay admits she has anger issues but claims fighting is nothing new for her and her mom. Lyndsay, on the other hand, says Elizabeth has always been a “horrible mother” and claims that growing up, Elizabeth was physically abusive and drank and went out a lot while leaving her in the care of her grandparents. She admits that anything can trigger a fight between them and claims Elizabeth recently threw a bottle at her head and that neighbors have called the police and CPS. Elizabeth adamantly denies all of Lyndsay’s accusations – so what is really going on here? Hear what Lindsay’s boyfriend, Ryan, has to say about this mother/daughter dynamic. And, will police incident reports reveal anything about what's gone on in this home? Could Elizabeth’s past parenting choices be backfiring on her? Then, as a special surprise, Lyndsay gets a reading from teenaged clairvoyant medium Tyler Henry, star of the new E! series, “Hollywood Medium.”