Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

I watched two old shows this morning, from the OWN Channel:  rude relatives, overprotective mothers.  ("Everyone brings baggage into a relationship.")

No triple minority catfishers or infamous alcoholic housewives, nothing ripped from the headlines, no promotions for wife, son or the world's best recovery facilities. 

It was nice--and even interesting--to watch a moderate Phil address some regular people and offer some suggestions to help them resolve their issues.

• Love 2
Peter_Popoff was the man I was trying to remember that he exposed.

Popoff never claimed to be a psychic, just a healing church guy.  Sleaze bag mostly.  WV Grant and Popoff were both exposed by Randi with video and audio.  Both were hurt by this and were off TV for a while, but they are back on again.  Some are so gullible.

The gov't doesn't do anything about these charlatans I think basically because it involves religion.  If people want to be fooled by fake healers, they are left to their delusions.

• Love 1

I watched two old shows this morning, from the OWN Channel:  rude relatives, overprotective mothers.  ("Everyone brings baggage into a relationship.")

No triple minority catfishers or infamous alcoholic housewives, nothing ripped from the headlines, no promotions for wife, son or the world's best recovery facilities. 

It was nice--and even interesting--to watch a moderate Phil address some regular people and offer some suggestions to help them resolve their issues.

Most of those OWN episodes are much more tolerable then crap he churns out now. 

• Love 2

Another week of All New Episodes. I'm also going to post about Phub's appearance on Steve Harvey's show in the thread that's about Phub himself and not about what happens on his show.

Monday - May 18, 2015

"My Friends Shaved Their Heads and Got Tattoos Because I Had Cancer, but It Was All a Lie"

Chelsey, 25, says when she and others learned their friend, Meaghan, 25, had been diagnosed with terminal cancer, they banded together to support her -- from shaving their heads in solidarity to getting matching tattoos and raising thousands of dollars to help with medical bills. Chelsey says she was shocked when, more than a year later, Meaghan confessed to her that it was all a lie -- she never had cancer. In an exclusive interview, Meaghan -- who has pleaded not guilty to charges of grand theft and fraud -- opens up to Dr. Phil about what she says motivated her behavior. How did the ruse come about? Why did she let it continue for so long? Plus, hear Meaghan’s message for her friends and family. Can they ever forgive her?

Tuesday - May 19, 2015

Teacher Scandal Confession: She Had Sex with Her 15-Year-Old Student

In June of 2014, Jennifer Caswell, a former middle school English teacher from Oklahoma, was arrested in Mississippi on suspicion of statutory rape and contributing to the delinquency of a minor after police found her in a motel room with a 15-year-old former student. After the arrest, the victim reportedly told police he had had several sexual encounters with his teacher, then known as Jennifer Sexton, including in her classroom. Authorities in Oklahoma later filed additional charges against her, including three counts of second-degree rape. In an exclusive interview with Dr. Phil, Caswell speaks out for the first time. How does she describe her relationship with her former student? And how does she explain being found with him in a motel room 650 miles from their hometown?

Wednesday - May 20, 2015

A Wife Goes Missing: Is Her Husband to Blame?

Kim’s 50-year-old sister, Julie, disappeared without a trace in May 2012, and Kim says she is convinced Julie’s husband of seven years, Cregg, killed her in a fit of rage -- which he vehemently denies. Why does Kim say she fears the worst for her sister? Cregg insists he had nothing to do with his wife’s disappearance and says he is tired of her family falsely accusing him. Tensions run high when Kim sits down with Dr. Phil alongside her sister-in-law, Jill, who also feels Cregg is hiding something. But Cregg refuses to join them and speaks to Dr. Phil only after they leave the stage. What does Cregg say happened the day Julie disappeared? And, why did he wait 10 days to report her missing? Cregg says he believes his wife is still alive, and he accuses her ex-husband, Steven, of being involved in her disappearance -- but Steven points the finger right back at Cregg. What happened to Julie? Then, it has been nearly two years since the partial remains of 14-year-old Dylan Redwine were found near his father, Mark’s, Colorado home -- a few months after Mark and his ex-wife, Elaine, appeared on the show. Elaine, Dylan’s mother, returns with an update. What does she say she realized after she first appeared on the show? And, hear from Mark, who is offered another chance to take a polygraph test. Will he accept?

Thursday - May 21, 2015

She Left Her Babies Alone in a Car: Criminal or Mom Misunderstood?

Shanesha made headlines last year after she was charged with two felony counts of child abuse for leaving her two young sons in a hot car while she attended a job interview. The Phoenix mother says her babysitter fell through at the last minute, and she was in no position to pass up the interview, which she believed would take only 15 minutes. Shanesha sits down with Dr. Phil to discuss her decision — in hindsight, does she think she made a mistake? Shanesha’s story won sympathy from many, and supporters raised over $100,000 on her behalf. She was offered a deal to avoid prosecution, but the deal required her to allocate donated money to a trust for her children. Did she comply? And, how does she respond to allegations that she has misused donations? Plus, Shanesha recently took a different plea deal — what could it mean for her future? And, how can she look past the negative headlines and move forward?

Friday - May 22, 2015

Mentally Ill or Monster? Teen Convicted of Murdering Mom with a Sledgehammer Speaks

In an exclusive jailhouse interview, Dr. Phil sits down with Zachary Davis, who was convicted of murder for brutally bludgeoning his mother to death with a sledgehammer in August 2012, just two weeks after his 15th birthday. A jury also found Davis guilty of attempted murder and aggravated arson for setting the house on fire that night while his older brother, Josh, was sleeping. Davis, who is facing at least 51 years in prison, reveals disturbing details of that night to Dr. Phil. What does he claim drove him to do such a thing? Does he have any remorse? Davis’ defense attorney says four mental health experts have evaluated the young man, and none of them could agree on his mental state or a diagnosis. What does Dr. Phil think? Is Davis a cold-blooded monster and murderer, or is he a mentally ill teen in need of help?

Phil's really putting his Big Tank Of Stern Disapproval to the test this week--fake cancer, student-teacher affair, negligent mother.  Plus a couple of mysteries that only he can solve.

This is considered the last official week of May Sweeps, right?  I'm exhausted.

• Love 1

She had more selfies in this episode than I've seen on most Instagram accounts.

I noticed that too. And with any other person, I would never ever question this, but if she would do something so horrible as to lie about cancer, I do wonder if she lied about the molestation as well.

The Mary Kay LeTourneu pedophile from today seemed to not understand that she was not having a love affair or relationship with a younger man, but was actually committing a crime. And she is a very hard 29.

• Love 1

The Mary Kay LeTourneu pedophile from today seemed to not understand that she was not having a love affair or relationship with a younger man, but was actually committing a crime. And she is a very hard 29.

My friend and I were like, " ... 29? Really? Getting caught fucking a student will age you fast."

What galled me:

• She has a son, and she said she would be totally fine with one of his teachers fucking him. (I hope her ex/son's father was watching.)
  • She said what she did wasn't wrong because it didn't hurt the kid, and also everyone in their town does it - even a cop had a relationship with a minor! Where is she from??
  • She quit her job and got a divorce so she could continue fucking a child.
  • She insisted that she wasn't a sex offender. If you fuck a 15-year-old and get caught, you're an offender. Like charmed1 said, she seemed to just fundamentally not get that she wasn't just dating a younger guy, she was fucking one of her middle school students. In the middle school.
  • Love 4

Lock her up, throw away the key for this deranged teacher. 10 years seems light, and won't fix her problems. She should be on the sex registry for life, as she is clearly so broken, twisted, and/or stupid that I definitely see a recidivism potential for her.

- She's not a predator, yet she followed the family 650 miles on vacation. Did she strap herself to the chassis of the car like Max Cady?

- I also couldn't believe she said she'd be ok with her son sleeping with a teacher. If some dizzy sleaze did that to my son and gave me the pathetic reasoning that she felt unwanted in her marriage, I would put her under the jail.

Maybe her marriage wasn't working because she's an insane, narcissistic pedophile. Her husband shouldn't have wanted her. No one should.

- isn't 15 old for 8th grade?

- I have to admit, before this show I had dismissed these "sex" teachers you see in the news as some form of Pom pom slut trying to stay maintain youthful popularity into her 30s. This episode made me think we need psychiatrists evaluating all educators semi-annually.

- she demeans all women by demanding this double standard. If the genders were reversed...

I hated her SO much. Please send her away. She can find love with her fellow sickos in prison.

• Love 2

Wow. Why would anyone believe Kathy is the one in the comments section? It's obviously some random troll enjoying making people crazy. Kathy seemed perfectly coherent and recognized she'd done wrong, so I don't expect she'd be acting like a nutbag in the comments.  Several people over there seem to believe the whack job commenting is actually Kathy.  I highly doubt it.

• Love 2

Wow. Why would anyone believe Kathy is the one in the comments section? It's obviously some random troll enjoying making people crazy. Kathy seemed perfectly coherent and recognized she'd done wrong, so I don't expect she'd be acting like a nutbag in the comments.  Several people over there seem to believe the whack job commenting is actually Kathy.  I highly doubt it

Kathy? Is that you? (Just kidding-I had the same impression)

• Love 1
(edited)

Just watched the young man who killed his mother with a sledge hammer.  He was Billy Bob Thornton in Sling Blade to a T.  Wow.  

THAT'S WHO HE REMINDED ME OF! BUT he is much creepier than B B Thornton! 

I am curious as to how many think getting him help (rehab) is the sensible thing to do. Why? This kid seems totally lost to regular functioning lifestyle, he has life in prison and doesn't seem to want to feel anything else. I saw his laughing as madness rather than offensive. Although I shuddered the time he was on screen....

Edited by ethalfrida
  • Love 3

THAT'S WHO HE REMINDED ME OF! BUT he is much creepier than B B Thornton! 

I am curious as to how many think getting him help (rehab) is the sensible thing to do. Why? This kid seems totally lost to regular functioning lifestyle, he has life in prison and doesn't seem to want to feel anything else. I saw his laughing as madness rather than offensive. Although I shuddered the time he was on screen....

I think offering that, was the responsible thing to do.  His lawyer has to fight for it and Dr Phil had to suggest that option because it does exist.  I don't think either one thinks it would work.  I think the likely outcome is he gets murdered in prison or hangs himself in his cell. 

A psychiatric facility for the criminally insane is the best this young man will probably get, if they still exist.  Maybe that is just in the movies!.  I am baffled that he was not tagged as unfit to stand trial.  The insanity plea seemed obvious.  

• Love 2

I think offering that, was the responsible thing to do.  His lawyer has to fight for it and Dr Phil had to suggest that option because it does exist.  I don't think either one thinks it would work.  I think the likely outcome is he gets murdered in prison or hangs himself in his cell. 

A psychiatric facility for the criminally insane is the best this young man will probably get, if they still exist.  Maybe that is just in the movies!.  I am baffled that he was not tagged as unfit to stand trial.  The insanity plea seemed obvious.  

Awesome point of view...

• Love 1

Week of reruns except for Tuesday.

Monday

"An Online Hate Group is Stalking Us and Ruining Our Lives"
Amanda and Dave claim they are being terrorized by "an online hate group," and they fear for their lives. They say it all started when they closed their children’s consignment store, and a disgruntled ex-employee, Cari, started a group on Facebook. Amanda and Dave say they since have received death threats, been followed and had their home vandalized, leaving them afraid to even leave the house. The couple faces Cari on Dr. Phil’s stage. Can Dr. Phil sort through the accusations and help calm the hostility? Cari says she created the online group as a service to the community, but former criminal prosecutor Loni Coombs has a strong warning for her -- has Cari gone too far? And, can Amanda and Dave repair their reputations?
(Original Airdate: October 8, 2014)

Tuesday
"I Hear Voices in My Head, but I’m Not Mentally Ill! Why Won’t My Family Believe Me?"

Nick says he has been tormented by disturbing voices in his head for the past three years. He says the voices constantly tell him negative things about himself and others and even threaten his loved ones. His family believes he is suffering from a mental illness, but Nick is adamant that is not the case. Instead, he believes that five years ago, he was drugged and had a microchip implanted in his body, which is the source of the voices. How did he come up with such a theory? Nick’s parents and his sister, Jenna, say they are desperate to get him help. Dr. Phil brings everyone together in search of a resolution. Jenna says Nick has issues with anger -- which started even before the voices began. How does he respond? And, meet one of the people Nick says he thinks could be behind the voices. Can Dr. Phil help get to the bottom of Nick’s torment? And, will Nick be open to accepting help?

Wednesday
Family on Fire: Caught on Tape

Andrea and Glenn say their 15-year-old daughter, Marie, is a straight-A student, state-ranked diver and a talented musician -- and also the cause of their family’s dysfunction and chaos. They say she has daily breakdowns in which she becomes enraged and out of control -- screaming, kicking holes in walls and breaking things. How does Marie explain her behavior? Why does she say she doesn’t even want to be associated with her family? See the shocking and disturbing footage taken in their home. Can Dr. Phil figure out what is causing this teen’s turmoil and help her family calm the chaos?
(Original Airdate: October 2, 2014)

Thursday
Parenting While Intoxicated

Sisters Devin, 24, Riley, 18, and Autumn, 16, say their mother, Linda, has a drinking problem, and it is destroying their family. They say she is always drunk, belligerent and abusive. Linda’s husband, Scott, says Linda has become a burden on their family. Linda admits she’s an alcoholic who sometimes drinks as many as 18 beers a day, along with vodka and taking prescription medications. But she says she shouldn’t be the only one in the hot seat -- she says Scott has a drinking problem, too. How does Scott respond? Dr. Phil offers tools to help repair this broken family. Will Linda accept help? And, will Linda’s daughters give her one more chance?
(Original Airdate: February 12, 2015)

Friday
"I Believe My Cousin is Squandering Her Inheritance on a Love Scam"

Sarah, 46, admits she has sent more than $1 million to her boyfriend, “Chris,” whom she met online just over a year ago but has yet to see in person. She says she loves “Chris” and dreams about marrying him -- once he’s able to return to the United States from Africa. Sarah’s cousin, Crystal, thinks Sarah is being conned into squandering her inheritance. So, how does she explain helping Sarah send “Chris” $50,000 -- despite her suspicion? And, why does “Chris” say he needs Sarah’s money to return home? Dr. Phil’s Facebook followers joined the effort to track down the man behind the photos of “Chris,” hoping to confirm his identity and allow Sarah to meet him face to face for the first time. Is this the real deal?
(Original Airdate: February 24, 2015)

I'm watching my recording of this now. His writings tell me that he's not toally gone. The signs were there before he killed his mother, the cutting, the voice. I have to wonder if what he's saying about her not being there for him is the honest truth. If I had a child behaving this way, I'd notice. If she was so busy with her own activities, after caring for her dying husband, perhaps having a son who is a walking, talking version of Billy Bob Thornton just slipped her attention.

That was totally creepy .. His eyes r dead. Please don't let him out. Somebody must have noticed something before he killed his mother ..just the way he talks. .. Come on

The photos they show of Mom running races and having fun with her friends, I am getting the impression she threw herself into her own activities after caring for her husband. Her kids were left by the wayside. I'd have noticed a son with this boy's problems if I were spending time with him on a daily basis. He said she didn't do anything for them, they had to fend for themselves. This in NO WAY justifies her being murdered, but this kid has severe problems that you'd see if you were paying attention.

"I'd had enough." This is the voice of a child crying out for someone.

• Love 1

It can be seen on the news ... in some cases people think these kids will grow out of it. Take Jeffrey Dahmer, he was torturing animals, killing them and storing their body parts in barrels. Not only did his mother know but so did the neighbors. No one did much about it. Some people just said he was strange.

"An Online Hate Group is Stalking Us and Ruining Our Lives"

Amanda and Dave claim they are being terrorized by "an online hate group," and they fear for their lives. They say it all started when they closed their children’s consignment store, and a disgruntled ex-employee, Cari, started a group on Facebook. Amanda and Dave say they since have received death threats, been followed and had their home vandalized, leaving them afraid to even leave the house. The couple faces Cari on Dr. Phil’s stage. Can Dr. Phil sort through the accusations and help calm the hostility? Cari says she created the online group as a service to the community, but former criminal prosecutor Loni Coombs has a strong warning for her -- has Cari gone too far? And, can Amanda and Dave repair their reputations?

I am watching this episode right now and I don't get these Facebook posters?  Are they all mentally ill?  It looked like the business owners sucked and closed their business and everybody went apeshit.  Damn, what would these Facebook posters do if something really bad happened in their lives?  

• Love 4

I want to know how much these people were expecting for their consigned kids' clothes and gear. Stores around here are not generous enough to warrant this type of response!

• Love 1
(edited)

These owners were probably not being honest, but I wonder why Dr. Phil didn't mention that: A. The people could have used the store credit immediately, they never said they had to wait, and B. the price of used baby and children's clothes are so little that it wouldn't be worth it to sue. Honestly, for these people to go so crazy over a few bucks is nuts. If they brought in clothes and were given a store credit; pick something out while you are there. If they are waiting forever to use it I have no sympathy.

And I agree with the owners that there are multiples of baby toys and clothes out there. Did this crazy woman seriously cut the gas lines of their car over a few pieces of used clothing? You can barely sell that stuff for a few bucks at a garage sale. 

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 1

So what was the deal?  People were giving them used baby clothes, store gave them credit, people didn't use the credit in time, store closed, people pissed?  Is that what happened?  If so then Dr. Phil should have told them they have "FirstWorldProblemitis."

• Love 2

OMG. The guy who thinks he has a chip in his head. Why r these people out running around and owning guns?? He needs serious help and who would actually marry someone that unstable??

• Love 2

Consignment couple's issues were presented as if only the one woman was upset by this.  But think about it this way.  Over halfway into the show when they started talking about having LOTS of the same items and there was a mention made they were dealing with thousand(s)? of sellers and moving things around among stores there is way more going on.  This isn't like my neighborhood store that will pay you $2.50 for an item then sell it for $5.00 in a small store where the profit margin would be understandable.  If you do that with thousands of buyers and buy up all the stores in the area and THEN increase your profits by maybe 50% by stiffing people on their credit, that can be pretty damned lucrative.  The crazy lady was trying to make a point this was a huge scheme they were running and intentionally defrauding people by directing people to go to this particular store, amassing tons of items then closing it down. 

My niece worked at the kid's consignment store I mentioned and quit because the owner was truly awful.  I sold a few things there way back when.  She gave cash but my niece said she'd badly lowball people on prices and shout at customers.  For instance, she didn't want actual kids in the store LOL!  Sometimes people would think their things were worth nothing and leave them.  She'd later get them out of the dumpster and she's small potatoes compared to these people.  The easiest way to double your profit margin is to cheat the seller, keep your prices low and move a lot of merch.  It's also a shitty way to treat people.

Who knew?    I had never heard of "electronic harassment" before.  I actually felt sorry for the young man and his family.  They all seemed reasonable, but he obviously has a mental illness that he doesn't want to address.  I hope he gets the help he needs.  And yeah, he shouldn't have access to guns, but there is no law to prevent it.  Since he hasn't officially been diagnosed with a mental illness he could probably have a house full of weapons.  (Which brings up a question for me.  If someone who was diagnosed as mentally ill applied for a gun permit, how would anyone know?  Do they depend on the person being honest?  I can see that they would be able to find a criminal history, but not the mental health history.)

(edited)

One of the most awful aspects of debilitating mental health isn't that one doesn't 'want' to face up, it's that the very thing used to make decisions IS the thing that's broken. So they truly do not know, especially so far into adulthood, that their thoughts are outrageously unreliable.

I think Dr. P was very kind and effective walking through an acceptable thought process to keep that man pursuing testing and treatment.

Edited by Bubbetv
  • Love 2

The Slingblade-like boy truly frightened me. That poor mom. And the poor brother who now has no family. I hope he finds peace. I wonder if Dr. Phil asked the brother as to when that kid started showing signs of being off and if he was ever medicated. So many questions. As for that kid, I wasn't sure, but it looked like he'd gotten some teeth knocked out and he definitely had a busted lip. I don't know if it was self inflicted or the result of getting his ass kicked by inmates or guards, but either way, I doubt it will be the last injury during his very long sentence.

All the other episodes were repeats for me.

• Love 1
(edited)

I thought Dr Phil was very kind to the electronic harassment guy also,he didn't confront him angrily and that wouldn't have helped at all. Suggesting that he get a full work-up and that maybe the drug use may have pushed him into problems was very gentle. I hope he accepts the help and gets away from the drugs.

Watching a re-run catfish episode. Good grief, I need a new career! Not really, I can't lie and I hate hurting people. I do understand being lonely, but good grief, this one overlooked everything and accepts the stupidest explanations. I do feel sorry for women like her but I get angry with people defrauding others. I tried on line dating, met one nice person, saw him briefly, mostly had guys who wanted to meet for sex within 2 emails, but I had one young man trying to find a sugar mama. He had a picture of him standing by a pool and a gorgeous house - probably photoshopped. No where did I ever say I wanted a very young man, no where did I say I wanted to support a man-child and no where did I say I was a rich American woman. I laughed and laughed, never responded, quit dating site not long after that.

Edited because I know many don't feel sorry for women who do this. The reason I do is because they are missing something in themselves and feel that they are nothing unless that are in "twu luv", and have a man in their lives. I have had friends that felt that way. I've never understood that. But I'll be darned if I would ever send a man that I met on line or any other way, money.

Edited by friendperidot

I have been friends with people online for years (just friends), and I guess I'm lucky none of them turned about to be scam artists. But...maybe I never got scammed because the minute anyone says something that throws a red flag, I stop talking to them.  If any of my online friends ever asked me for money for anything, they probably wouldn't be my friend much longer.

• Love 2

My takeaway from this show is that the internet cafes in Nigeria and Benin are going to have long lines of men waiting to get in there and pitch some woo.  Good grief, the median per capita income in Benin is US$237.  (The median household income is $1502.)  $1.4M would take care of your friends, family and all your neighbors for. . .umm, ever!  And hey, apparently the love letter templates are available at pigbuster.com. (??)  The cottage industry of catfishing is going to explode off the charts.

Sidenote:  I was a private investigator for two years and the filmed footage of Phil's operators knocking on doors, asking whether there are any con artists inside, always cracks me up.

I got sucked into watching the whole show today after Phub starting giving the amounts that lady sent to the scammer. I am still in shock that it was over $1mil. Didn't she say she was going to keep sending $$$ if the whole thing wasn't resolved during the in some pre-taped  clip Phub showed?

All reruns from 2014. Philbert is off for Summer vacation apparently.

June 1 - June 5, 2015

Monday

A Daughter on the Brink: Did Mom Push Her over the Edge?
Dana says her 23-year-old daughter, Melanie, is ripping apart their once-peaceful family with her out-of-control behavior that Dana says began five years ago, after Melanie took a hit of ecstasy. Dana says Melanie abuses drugs, is physically violent and has experienced psychotic hallucinations -- including one that involved Michael Jackson telling her to dig up the front yard. What’s at the root of Melanie’s behavior? Melanie admits to experimenting with drugs but says she’s not addicted and hasn’t had a drug-induced psychosis in at least two years -- and she blames her mother for pushing her buttons and causing her to lose her cool. Dr. Phil brings this mother and daughter together in search of a resolution. Is Melanie as out of control as Dana says she is, or is Dana stirring unnecessary drama? And, how can this mother and daughter repair their relationship?
(Original Airdate: December 1, 2014)

Tuesday
The Secret World of Sugar Babies: A Mother and Daughter Tell All

Rylee, 26, admits she’s a sugar baby and says she has no shame in dating wealthy, married men she meets online in exchange for money and lavish gifts -- and three years ago, she even convinced her mother, Tanya, to join her. Dr. Phil sits down with this mother/daughter sugar baby team, who insist they never have sex with their clients. What “services” do they say these men are paying for? And how does their family feel about their lifestyle? Then, Ashley admits she has had a side job as a sugar baby for years but has yet to tell her fiancé, Cesar -- and she wants Dr. Phil to help her confess. How will Cesar respond? And, reality TV star Kendra Wilkinson opens up about her husband, Hank Baskett’s, alleged affair with a transsexual. Does she believe the rumors? And, can her marriage survive the turmoil? This program contains strong sexual content. Viewer discretion advised.
(Original Airdate: November 6, 2014)

Wednesday
Hypochondriac, High Drama or Really Sick? "My Sister's Illnesses are Destroying Our Family"

Shemida says she has been diagnosed with more than 70 medical and mental health conditions and prescribed more than 80 medications in the past 10 years. She says she’s in so much pain, she can barely get out of bed for more than two hours a day. Shemida’s sister, Dana, believes Shemida is fabricating some of her issues for attention and is purposely avoiding life -- to the detriment of her husband and three children. Could unresolved trauma from her past play a part in what her family calls the “Shemida Saga”? Is Shemida really as sick as she says she is?
(Original Airdate: November 10, 2014)

Thursday
Hypochondriac, High Drama or Really Sick? Saving Shemida

Dr. Phil continues his conversation with Shemida and her sister, Dana, who says Shemida’s 70-plus diagnoses are tearing their family apart. Dana says she thinks her sibling is fabricating some of her issues for attention and using them as an excuse to avoid life. Two of Shemida’s children, 18-year-old Sharayah and 16-year-old Sayge, share their very different points of view regarding their mother and living with her illnesses. Dr. Phil weighs in: Is there a reason Shemida might be hiding behind illnesses and medications? And, can Shemida return to health and get her life back? Does she want to?
(Original Airdate: November 11, 2014)

Friday
The Night Four Girls Went into the Woods and Only Three Came Out Alive
Dr. Phil takes a hard look at a disturbing trend in the news: Teenagers murdering their best friends. Several cases, including the fatal stabbing of Skylar Neese, have shocked the nation, leaving many to wonder: Why and how could this happen? Hear from a woman who says she lived exactly such a scenario. Karen was just 17 years old in 1985 when she and a friend lured Missy Avila, also 17, to a spot in the woods where her life would end. Karen, who spent 23 years behind bars for her involvement in Missy’s death, recounts that fateful day. What does she say happened? And, if she could go back, what would she do differently? Hear the message Karen wants to impart to all young girls. Plus, when Shemida first appeared on the show, she said she had been diagnosed with more than 70 medical and mental health conditions and was in so much pain she could barely get out of bed. But her family said they believed she was fabricating some of her issues for attention. How is Shemida doing now?
(Original Airdate: December 17, 2014)

Apparently, one of Shemida's ailments is that she is unable to shed a real tear.  Her sister was crying, so I'll have to guess it's not genetic.  BooHoo,

"The Night Four Girls Went into the Woods and Only Three Came Out Alive"

Saw this one yesterday.  Karen served 23 years for being part of this gang of girls who murdered their friend.  It was horrific and she admits everything and is spending her remaining years giving talks about bullying and how it can get this out of hand.  Yet, Dr. Phil crossed his arms and assumed his most judgmental demeanor like he was the prosecuting attorney and showed us how tough he can be.  She admits her guilt and served her time (quite a bit of time for a 17 year old's first offence)   but I guess she needed a little more beat down from Dr. Superior.  The audience is all on Phil's side, sure that the woman and the court records are lying  about certain details, because they conflict with the Lifetime movie version they all saw.

• Love 4

I only watch this terrible show maybe weekly.  The last one I saw Shill had a woman who was involved in killing her friend 30 years ago when they were teenagers and she had been released from jail in the last couple of years.  Shill tried to hard to confront her and get a rise out of her but she stuck to the facts and it didn't work.  I have no idea what the point of that show was but Shill opened it up with demanding "where are the parents!" and kids killing their friends becoming an epidemic,  Mind you this is a 30 year old murder.

You and I are on the same page JudyO.  This is what I said after it first aired. 

• Love 3

All Reruns......

June 8 - June 12, 2015

Monday
The Cougar Controversy: Older Women Dating Younger Men

Dr. Phil explores the controversial trend of older women dating much younger men. Is age really just a number? First, Pie, a 58-year-old self-admitted cougar, has been dating 24-year-old Oleg for four months -- and her best friend, Terese, strongly disapproves. Could Pie be headed for heartbreak? Then, 52-year-old divorc?e Bella says her relationship with 32-year-old Eddie is the best she has ever had. Eddie says he loves Bella and doesn?t mind that she?s the same age as his mother. Does this couple see a long-term future together? And, 76-year-old Aalsa -- former Miss Cougar America -- says after 40, men go downhill! After dating younger men for four decades, what advice does she have for fellow cougars? Tune in and decide for yourself: Can a relationship really survive a significant age gap?
(Original Airdate: December 10, 2014)

Tuesday

"My Parents Won't Accept My Controlling Pastor Husband"
It has been more than eight years since Sarah married her pastor husband, Jason, but she says her parents, Bill and Laura, won?t accept him and won?t stop meddling in her marriage -- and she?s tired of being caught in the middle. Bill and Laura say they have good reason to interfere -- they claim Jason is controlling, verbally abusive and is just using Sarah to keep up his image in the church community. Jason admits he can be overbearing and ?a jerk? at times, but he insists he loves his wife and children and says Bill and Laura are the real problem. Emotions run high when these feuding in-laws face each other on Dr. Phil?s stage. Have Bill and Laura overstepped their bounds? Are they justified in their concerns? Plus, don?t miss Part 2 tomorrow! Tensions boil even higher when Jason?s parents join the conversation. What do they say about this union?
(Original Airdate: January 20, 2015)

Wednesday

"Who Am I Married to: My Mother or My Man?"
Dr. Phil continues his discussion with Sarah, who says she has been in caught in a tug-of-war between her pastor husband, Jason, and her parents, Bill and Laura, who have disapproved of Jason for nearly a decade. Bill and Laura claim Jason is controlling and abusive and say Sarah needs to leave him. Jason says he may not be perfect, but his in-laws are impossible! Today, for the first time since the wedding, Sarah?s parents come face to face with Jason?s parents, Doug and Melodie, who defend their son. Can Dr. Phil ease the tension and help these families move forward? Then, newlyweds Bobby and Felicia say they are at their wits? end living under the same roof as Felicia?s ?meddling, drama queen? mother, Randee. What?s more, the couple claims Randee is putting their special needs daughter at risk by selling pain pills out of their home! How does Randee respond? Dr. Phil doesn?t mince words with the group -- will all of the adults involved accept accountability?
(Original Airdate: January 21, 2015)

Thursday

Three Daughters, Three Addicts, One Family Being Torn Apart
Linda and Rich say their three 20-something daughters are all hooked on heroin -- and the parents disagree about how to handle the situation. Linda admits she enables her daughters by giving them money, paying their bills and providing a place to stay, but she says she just can?t kick them out -- like Rich wants to do. Dr. Phil gives the couple an uncensored look at a day in their daughters? lives -- obtaining money at any cost, buying drugs and shooting up together. Will this be the eye-opener the parents need to stop enabling their daughters and help save their lives? And, will the siblings accept help?
(Original Airdate: November 4, 2014)

Friday

"Cyberbullied after My Son's Death"
Dr. Phil sheds light on the dark and dangerous side of the Internet: Cyberbullying. First, grieving mother Alicia tragically lost her 5-year-old son to drowning nearly three months ago, and ever since, she claims her former high school friend, Jessica, has been posting outrageous comments about her online -- even accusing Alicia of being responsible for her son?s death. Jessica admits to making nasty comments about Alicia online but claims they were in retaliation. What does she say Alicia did to provoke her? Can these mothers stop the mudslinging and reach a truce? Then, in October 2012, Carol?s 15-year-old daughter, Amanda, took her own life after the teen was cyberbullied by a man she met online. Carol shares her heartbreaking story with the nation -- and offers words of wisdom to Alicia and Jessica. Will her story make an impact?
(Original Airdate: November 11, 2014)

"The Night Four Girls Went into the Woods and Only Three Came Out Alive"

Saw this one yesterday. Karen served 23 years for being part of this gang of girls who murdered their friend. It was horrific and she admits everything and is spending her remaining years giving talks about bullying and how it can get this out of hand. Yet, Dr. Phil crossed his arms and assumed his most judgmental demeanor like he was the prosecuting attorney and showed us how tough he can be. She admits her guilt and served her time (quite a bit of time for a 17 year old's first offence) but I guess she needed a little more beat down from Dr. Superior. The audience is all on Phil's side, sure that the woman and the court records are lying about certain details, because they conflict with the Lifetime movie version they all saw.

I remember watching this story as a TV movie in the early 90's. Tiffani-Amber Thiessen played Missy, the girl they murdered. I'm ashamed to say, I really wanted Phillip to ask her about that movie.
  • Love 1

Woof, I must watch this show more than I realize because I've seen all of these.

It was almost worth a re-watch to see the sour-faced mother who can't stand her daughter's husband.  Laura, maybe?  She was obviously accustomed to issuing her opinion in proclamation form and thus endeth the conversation.  She was SHOCKED and OFFENDED when the audience laughed at her edicts. 

But then, you know, my life only contains a finite number of days, so I passed.

• Love 1

Reruns....

June 15 - June 19, 2015

Monday
The Mystery of Michelle O'Connell: A Family Divided

In September 2010, 24-year-old Michelle O?Connell was found shot to death in what authorities ruled a suicide -- a case that later was ordered reopened by the governor of Florida. Michelle?s mother, Patricia, and sister, Jennifer, insist the young mother never would have taken her own life, and they believe Michelle?s boyfriend, Jeremy -- a sheriff?s deputy -- killed her, which he denies. Michelle?s brother, Scott -- also a sheriff?s deputy -- supports Jeremy and says his mother and sister need to stop living in denial. How does he answer his mother?s accusation that he?s betraying his family to save his job? Dr. Phil brings this fractured family together in search of answers. What happened to Michelle that night? Hear from one of the first responders on the scene -- why does she believe the initial finding of suicide was wrong? Plus, can this family put their differences aside and come together and grieve for Michelle?
(Original Airdate: November 3, 2014)

Tuesday
Adoption Nightmare: "I Want My Baby Back"

Kristen, 22, says she feels she was manipulated into placing her newborn for adoption two years ago with her ex-stepfather, Adam, and his new wife, Stacy, who took her in while she was pregnant. Kristen says the two promised her she could be involved in the child?s life but claims they kicked her to the curb a week after her daughter was born, and she hasn?t seen the child since. She calls Stacy ?evil? and ?psycho crazy? -- and even says she could have been drugged, because she says she has no recollection of signing the adoption papers. Adam and Stacy deny Kristen?s accusations and say she was in no way ready to care for a child -- which is why they stepped up. They are adamant they followed the letter of the law and communicated openly with Kristen. Emotions run high when Dr. Phil brings everyone together in search of answers and a resolution to this adoption drama. Are Adam and Stacy freezing out Kristen? Has she given them reason to? And, is there any hope of fostering a peace moving forward? Plus, Kristen is now pregnant again -- what are her plans for this baby?
(Original Airdate: March 4, 2015)

Wednesday
"Our Son Was Making Millions but is Now Living in Our Garage with His Girlfriend"

Mike and Vicki say their 37-year-old son, Ryan, was once making millions running a successful real estate company, but for the past three months, he has been living in their garage, on their dime, along with his 24-year-old girlfriend, Rachel. The parents claim Ryan has become a ?freeloader? who sleeps all day, acts entitled, picks fights and even leaves them to care for his 5-year-old son. Ryan admits things are chaotic in his life but insists it?s not all his fault. Why does he say his parents are partly to blame for his business failing? Dr. Phil has some tough questions for Ryan about his behavior -- does he take any accountability? And, hear from Rachel -- is she happy with their living situation? Plus, Ryan isn?t the only one staying with mom and dad -- you won?t believe how many mouths Mike and Vicki say they are feeding! How can these parents stop the bleeding and take back control of their lives? And, is Ryan ready to step up to the plate and work toward living on his own?
(Original Airdate: February 6, 2015)

Thursday
Molested for over 10 Years: "Why Won't My Grandma Believe Me?"

Sisters Ashley, 30, and Megan, 24, say growing up they were sexually abused repeatedly by their step-grandfather, Joseph Palmer, and claim their grandmother, Peggy, knew about the abuse -- but did nothing to stop it. In 2007, Palmer was convicted of 151 counts of sexual misconduct and sentenced to more than 250 years in prison. The sisters say they can?t move on until they get an apology from Peggy, who continues to adamantly deny that the abuse ever took place. Emotions run high on Dr. Phil?s stage when the sisters face their grandmother for the first time since the trial. Why does Peggy say her granddaughters are lying? Plus, what causes Peggy to storm off stage? And, don?t miss Part 2 tomorrow -- will Peggy have a change of heart? This program contains strong sexual content. Viewer discretion advised.
(Original Airdate: November 20, 2014)

Friday
Grandma Returns: Will She Finally Apologize for Her Molester Husband?

Dr. Phil continues his conversation with Ashley and Megan, who say they were sexually abused for years by their step-grandfather. Although he has been convicted, the siblings say their grandmother, Peggy, continues to deny that the abuse ever took place. Peggy insists her granddaughters are lying and have ruined her life. Is there any hope of fixing this fractured family? Hear from Ashley and Megan?s mother, Brenda, who says she is furious with Peggy, whom she trusted to care for her daughters. Did Brenda ever suspect anything was going on? How can Ashley and Megan begin to heal the wounds of the past and move forward? Plus, Dr. Phil shares information every parent needs to know to keep their kids safe. This program contains strong sexual content. Viewer discretion advised.
(Original Airdate: November 21, 2014)

He'd wimp out though with the questions.

Robin, however, would pounce on the opportunity to advertise the new bronzer in her makeup line.

Win/Win for both of them - the audience would be the losers.

I was watching the series on OWN this morning and something occurred to me:

They were running back to back on the Man Camp: Newlyweds series of shows - must have been five episodes for that one.  I wondered why they no longer do the Dr. Phil House series.  It was entertaining at best.  No product placement.  Good times.....

• Love 1

Dunno whether they are helped or not, all I know is, they've been running the House series all week, thus far.  Infinitely more interesting.

And that's another thing - back in the early days, he used to do follow up shows.  No more of that, is there?  Good indication that he's not have much of any impact.