Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

I was watching the series on OWN this morning and something occurred to me:

They were running back to back on the Man Camp: Newlyweds series of shows - must have been five episodes for that one.  I wondered why they no longer do the Dr. Phil House series.  It was entertaining at best.  No product placement.  Good times.....

The people who lived in the neighborhood where the "Dr. Phil House" was didn't appreciate all the commotion that went along with filming there.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,1544738,00.html

That 38-year old suckwad living (with his snotty girlfriend!) in his parents' garage is my favorite moocher episode, so I watched again.

Good times.

But WTF?!?!  Robin's selling candles now that smell like PHIL?

Dunno whether they are helped or not, all I know is, they've been running the House series all week, thus far.  Infinitely more interesting.

And that's another thing - back in the early days, he used to do follow up shows.  No more of that, is there?  Good indication that he's not have much of any impact.

He still does follow up shows.   He offers and pays for help but the recipient has to help themselves.  Making help available is huge; many can not afford the places he offers.  Dr Phil cannot be blamed for people unwilling to do the work that will change their own lives.  He lays out the road map on a silver platter, they just have to take it.   I have mad respect for the man.  He has probably helped many viewers that we will never see.  

What? Robin is now selling candles?  Oy.  I FF through any segment with her or just delete. 

• Love 2

June 29 - July 3, 2015

Monday
"Get Off My Back about My Body"

Nicole says she wants to lose weight but says her "fitness freak" husband, George, has no compassion or empathy for her struggles, and his intense, drill-sergeant ways aren’t helping. George says Nicole is her own biggest obstacle to losing weight -- he says she’s lazy, makes excuses and gives up too easily -- and all his efforts to help her have only strained their relationship. How can he motivate his wife? Then, Dominique says she knows she needs to lose weight but says her mom, JoAnn, won’t stop nagging her about it. Could JoAnn be sabotaging her daughter with her constant comments? Plus, Charles says ever since his identical twin brother, Adam, lost 90 pounds, he has become an arrogant jerk who loves to embarrass Charles about his body. Adam says his brother resents him for getting healthier and needs a serious wake-up call about his weight. Can these brothers heal their relationship while getting to a healthier place?
(Original Airdate: January 6, 2015)

Tuesday

"My Father Offered Me as a 'Maiden' Sacrifice to an Alleged Cult Leader"
Lindsay claims that from ages 13 to 23 she was one of 10 "maidens" and was sexually abused by alleged cult leader Victor Barnard -- a fugitive arrested recently after having been charged last April with 59 felonies, including criminal sexual conduct. Lindsay blames her father, Carmen, for turning a blind eye. Carmen says he had no idea what his daughter was going through, because Barnard had such a mental hold on him -- and he’s desperate to repair his relationship with Lindsay. Emotions run high when the two come together for the first time in more than a year. How does Lindsay say she finally escaped nearly a decade of alleged abuse? And, what red flags does she say her father ignored? Plus, can this father and daughter move forward in healing and forgiveness?
(Original Airdate: November 25, 2014)

Young, in Love and in over Their Heads
Natalie, 22, claims her boyfriend of four years, Justin, 25, has an anger problem and says she fears for her life and for their 10-month-old son. Natalie says that since their son was born, Justin has turned into someone she doesn’t even recognize. She claims he throws things, rips doors off their hinges and once shoved her while she was holding their baby. Justin admits he has punched holes in walls and slammed doors into walls but denies pushing Natalie and says she is overly dramatic. Both admit their child has witnessed the turmoil. Does this young relationship have a future? Then, Samantha shared her experience with abuse in The Aspire Initiative, a free domestic violence education curriculum from When Georgia Smiled: The Robin McGraw Revelation Foundation. She returns and has some words of wisdom for Natalie. Plus, tune in as Robin announces the winners of the iAspire Campus Challenge, which awards a grant to students who effect change on the issue of sexual violence on college campuses.
(Original Airdate: December 15, 2014)

"Why is My Mom Faking Cancer?"

Jessica says her mother, Patricia, claims she is defying the odds by becoming a record-setting weight lifter while simultaneously battling Stage 3 brain cancer. But Jessica insists her mother isn’t sick at all and that she is lying about her health to gain sympathy and attention. She says Patricia has been spinning stories about various medical ailments for as long as she can remember -- and it’s time to come clean. Patricia strongly denies her daughter’s accusations and insists her diagnosis and incredible survival story are real. Why does she claim Jessica is out to get her? Emotions run high when mother and daughter face each other on Dr. Phil’s stage. Do Patricia’s claims hold up? And, can this mother and daughter repair their fractured relationship?
(Original Airdate: January 14, 2015)

Decades of Hatred, Accusations and Altercations: A Fight for Custody That's Tearing a Mother and Daughter Apart
Marsha says she fought for -- and won -- custody of her grandsons because of what she has called her daughter’s dangerous, drug-using lifestyle. Now she says her relationship with her daughter, Brooke, is filled with mistrust, false accusations of abuse and bitter resentment. Marsha says she’s afraid to be around Brooke because she claims Brooke is often violent, and that she has called the police on her three times. Brooke admits she has used drugs in the past but says she is trying to make up for her mistakes and be a better mother -- but Marsha makes it difficult. She claims Marsha is abusive to the boys, locks them in the basement and isolates them from friends and family -- all of which Marsha denies. Dr. Phil sits everyone down in search of answers -- can this mother and daughter resolve their conflict?
(Original Airdate: April 6, 2015)

I think the folks at OWN read this forum (or someone in charge does). 

For the last week or so, they've been spending the mornings broadcasting just about every Dr. Phil House series they've ever done!!  I'd still like to see new ones.  I've also seen a couple of follow-up shows, but they need to actually shoot more of those.

• Love 1

"The Night Four Girls Went into the Woods and Only Three Came Out Alive"

Saw this one yesterday.  Karen served 23 years for being part of this gang of girls who murdered their friend.  It was horrific and she admits everything and is spending her remaining years giving talks about bullying and how it can get this out of hand.  Yet, Dr. Phil crossed his arms and assumed his most judgmental demeanor like he was the prosecuting attorney and showed us how tough he can be.  She admits her guilt and served her time (quite a bit of time for a 17 year old's first offence)   but I guess she needed a little more beat down from Dr. Superior.  The audience is all on Phil's side, sure that the woman and the court records are lying  about certain details, because they conflict with the Lifetime movie version they all saw.

I can't speak for the audience, unless some of them know the details of the case outside of the movie, like many people do, including myself.  The Avila family gave detailed interviews. The credibility, for me, lies with the Avilas, not the killer, Karen Severson. She can twist and lie about the details all she wants, but she isn't going to get any sympathy or pity from me for how Dr. Phil supposedly treated her.

There were a couple of interviews the Avila family gave after the arrest of Karen Severson including one to the L.A. Times and other local newspapers in our area. They also gave an interview to one of the major magazines after the trial. Karen did live with Missy's family after her murder, and supposedly helped Missy's mother, Irene, try to capture the killer(s) of her daughter. It was all detailed in the interviews the family gave to the papers. The movie may have stretched some of the details for drama effect but, many of the details were correct.

Karen lied to Dr. Phil when she said she didn't move in with the family. I believe Dr. Phil asked that question, as well as a few other questions, because he had information from the case, not because of the movie. If he came off like a bully to Karen, she sure deserved it. She is a lying bitch. She acts like she has remorse, but she doesn't. She continues to blame others for what she did rather than own up to the fact she had a hand in Missy's death. By not even being honest about her living with the Avila's for at least three months after Missy's death, shows what a lying piece of scum she is.

• Love 2

I didn't see anyone declining to acknowledge she was close to the family before and after what happened. She wasn't the killer though, although she spent a hella time in jail for being there and I buy her remorse and regret.  I didn't see Phil catch her in any lies as much as he tried. 

(edited)

I didn't see anyone declining to acknowledge she was close to the family before and after what happened. She wasn't the killer though, although she spent a hella time in jail for being there and I buy her remorse and regret.  I didn't see Phil catch her in any lies as much as he tried. 

Dr. Phil asked her point blank if she ever moved in with the family and pretended to help them find the real killer. Severson denied she moved in and did such a thing. It is documented that she did in fact move in and she played this game of charades for three years. It makes no sense why she would lie about that. That is not a little thing to lie about. That is three years.  Doyle, the other killer, says they both killed Missy. I fail to see why Severson would go to such great lengths of playing this game with the family, pretending to help them find the killer if she hadn't killed Missy.

Severson is a killer and was found guilty of Missy's murder.

I feel for Missy's family.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 1

Week of  mostly ALL NEW shows? The Thursday episode says new but has a previous airdate too.

July 13 - July 17, 2015

Monday

Hundreds of Photos in a Box: Snapshots by an Admirer Who She Calls Her Stalker
Alexandra, 33, claims her friend, William, 57, is obsessed with her and says he tells people they have been dating on and off for the past eight years -- even though she insists she has made it clear she will never be interested in him romantically. She claims William has stalked and harassed her -- with up to 100 phone calls a day -- and even carries around a box filled with hundreds of pictures of her. William says Alexandra "makes life worth living," and he has said he hopes to marry her. Alexandra and William sit down for an emotional interview with Dr. Phil. How does Alexandra explain the photographs -- including some that she admits may be too risqué to show on TV? And, why did she accept gifts from him on more than one occasion? Plus, Alexandra claims William once got physical in a fit of jealousy, because she was dating another man. Has William overstepped boundaries? Is Alexandra sending him mixed signals?

Tuesday
Won't Work, Won’t Go to School: "My Son Just Wants to Game All Day"

Sarah says her 23-year-old son, Justin, is so consumed with playing video games that he dropped out of college, can’t hold a job and is neglecting his health -- losing more than 50 pounds -- and she fears he’ll die if he doesn’t stop. Sarah says she has tried cutting off Justin financially and giving him ultimatums, but he always finds a way to continue gaming to excess. Justin admits he can play 16 hours a day -- sometimes lasting up to 30 hours straight -- and says he would rather live in the virtual world than the real world. What could be driving his behavior? And, has his hobby become an addiction that could eventually kill him? With the help of Dr. Rachael Ross, co-host of the Emmy Award-winning show The Doctors, Dr. Phil opens Justin’s eyes to the potential health dangers he faces. Will it have an impact? Plus, how can Justin regain traction in his life?

Wednesday
"I Married My Sister’s Boyfriend, and It’s Time She Moves On"

Amber admits she made a mistake several years ago when she had an affair with Brian, her sister, Angel’s, then-boyfriend and father of their two children, and became pregnant. But she says she and Brian are now happily married -- with two children and another on the way -- and she believes Angel needs to let go of her anger once and for all for the sake of their family. Angel admits her relationship with Brian was rocky at the time, but she claims Amber took advantage by seducing Brian -- and she feels Amber hasn’t properly apologized for what happened. Tension runs high when the sisters confront each other on Dr. Phil’s stage. Can Angel finally forgive her sister? And can the three adults learn to peacefully co-parent the kids who are caught in the middle? Then, Dr. Phil sits down with best friends Megan and Jenn who admit that their looks define who they are -- but they’re still not confident. What’s driving their insecurities? Hear Dr. Phil’s advice to these women. Can they learn to boost their self-esteem from within?

Thursday
A Teen Admits to Killing His 11-Year-Old Brother: Who is Really to Blame?

In July 2013, 11-year-old Terry “Juju” Smith Jr. was found dead in a shallow grave near his home in California -- just days after he was alone with his then 16-year-old half-brother, Skylor, who later admitted to killing the boy. Their mother, Shawna, insists Juju’s death was an accident and vehemently denies accusations that she helped cover up the crime. Dr. Phil brings JuJu's parents together in search of answers. What happened to Juju? And, why does JuJu's father, Terry Sr., believe Shawna should be held liable? Shawna claims her ex-husband is trying to capitalize on their son’s death and rehash issues from their bitter divorce by suing her for gross negligence -- how does he respond? Plus, hear a letter from Skylor, who is currently serving up to six years in a juvenile facility. Find out why he says he’s not "a monster."
(Original Airdate: February 11, 2015)

Friday

Stun Gun, Plastic Ties and Metal Handcuffs: "My Husband is Accused of Serial Rape"
Kari says her life changed forever when Lonnie, her husband of 15 years, was arrested in 2013 and accused of being a serial rapist. She says investigators found several items in Lonnie’s car, including a stun gun, handcuffs, syringes and prescription drug vials -- some of which Kari says she also found around her home. Lonnie ultimately pleaded guilty to one count of forceful rape, along with three felony counts of kidnapping, and has been sentenced to 26 years in prison. How does Kari say Lonnie reacted when she confronted him? And, looking back, were there any red flags she might have missed? Plus, Kari says she blames herself for what happened and is struggling to remain strong for her four children. Dr. Phil calls on crisis expert Judy Smith for help. How can this family move forward?

The episode with the sister who banged her sister's boyfriend and then got pregnant....ouch!  Sorry but sister who's currently married to the winner is trash.  It's clear that they will never even stomach each other.  I can't understand what they hoped to accomplish.  

• Love 1

You're right, sister #2 is trash, but sister #1 really needs to find a way to deal with it and move on.  Her anger isn't hurting anyone except her and her children.

Watched the episode with the train conductor stalking the passenger.  Yeah, the man was kind of nuts, but she must have loved the attention to let it go on all these years.  You complain that he calls 100 times a day?  Change your phone number!  He won't leave you alone?  Find another way to get where you're going so you don't need to ride his train!  And for goodness sake, why would anyone give provocative photos to someone who is a stalking 'friend? ' I actually felt a little sorry for him and worry that he could hurt himself.  I hope he gets the help he needs.

• Love 2
The train conductor was giving her money and taking her on trips...she was leading him on ...he is obviously slow.

IMO, that made her all the more vile.  Teasing and screwing with a guy that's just a horn-dog is one thing.  Train dude clearly has some type of "issues" and there's no way not to have noticed.

Those ridiculous "sexy" pictures showed that she damn well was using him.  Hey dumb bitch - messing with a messed up person is a good way to get cut up in little pieces and stuffed in someone's freezer.   Just sayin'

• Love 1

The young man who only wanted to play video games was interesting.  When he was talking you could tell he was very intelligent.  He felt living in the virtual world was easier and that life passed him by.  When Dr. Phil showed his time line the gamer had a lot of creativity (won 2 contests) wanted to be a lawyer than was in a car accident at 12 (?).  After his accident it seems he withdraw from life.  This is one show I would love a update on.   Hope he can get help and not feel  so lost.

I have the show set to auto-record.  And every day, for months, I have deleted it because the description sounds like a headline from The National Enquirer. 

"I Think My Father Hired A Hitman To Kill My Sister [And I Want To Accuse Him On National Television.]"

Now, under what theory is Phil supposed to "help" these people?  Has he dug up a fingerprint the forensics team missed, back in 2009?

This show has become so embarrassing.

• Love 1

I hear you, I scrolled by the other day with the lady addict who had to do everything in fours and had four bottles of hand sanitizer with her onstage and decided she is SO messed up I can't even hatewatch this show anymore.

• Love 1

I don't think it's ever been about helping people. It's more about making a spectacle of them and throwing out some platitudes.

If you look at the list of this week's older shows on the OWN network, I think most viewers could probably find something applicable to their own lives, maybe pick up a legitimate tip or two.

--overboard mothers who need to back off

--four guest doctors bust medical myths

--convincing teens to stop driving drunk

--ups and downs of bipolar disorder

--compulsive shopping threatens marriage

--grandparents want visitation

--belittled by spouse for being overweight

--learning to fight fairly with your spouse

--men discuss responsibility for children they didn't know about

--couples who have lost their libidos

--women concerned about husbands' metrosexuality

--newlyweds who are already struggling

--coping with stress/anxiety in everyday life

--dangers of the internet (sex offenders, infidelity)

--bad relations with in-laws

To be fair, there's also one show with a grandfather taking a lie detector test to prove he didn't molest a three-year old, but headlines/scandals/exploitation used to be the exception.  Now it's the rule.

I don't know whether Phil deliberately sold out or he just lost his way on his climb to the top, but it's a shame.  I've gleaned a couple points of perspective on myself from the old Phil, but that just never happens anymore.

• Love 2

Lost his license?  How did that little tidbit escape me?  Must google.

I remember visiting a friend in Chicago and turning on The Phil Donahue Show at 9a.m.  My friend said, "Let's watch this new person instead.  I really like her."

I wasn't too happy about that and thought the local woman probably wouldn't ever have much of a chance against Donahue.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Love 1

What is interesting is that he is basically following the evolution of the Oprah show but in reverse. Early Oprah episodes used to be very sensationalistic until she toned it down and turned into a lifestyle guru. Maybe people are looking for a Jerry Springer-lite.

I know and I dont care. He lost his license and my respect for his professional title. He will always be Mr. McGraw to me. I know what it takes to earn a degree in a learned profession and I take ethical violations very seriously. I don't want to debate this; let's agree to disagree.

You "don't want to debate this" but your statements aren't even accurate. He allowed his license to lapse in Texas, and does not hold one in California. He never "lost" his doctorate, so the title of Dr. is appropriate. I, too, know what it takes because I also hold an earned doctorate.

Yes, the man has a doctorate in psychology.  What he does not have is a license to practice psychology in California or any other state.  I know the show is about entertainment above all else, but sometimes I think he is on thin ice professionally speaking.  I'm sure anyone who goes on the show has to sign away any rights they might have to sue him.

• Love 1

Yes, but in the long run. he isn't the one to treat the guests - that falls to his stellar board of experts who are, in fact, licensed to do what needs to be done.  Phil is only a gateway.

• Love 2

Phil is such a $hill, that I automatically distrust any of his 'experts'.]

I can't help it, I only see dollar signs when he's constantly trying to sell books, while mentioning his son is the publisher.  Then there's his plastic wife who's also selling something.  When he offers to send the occasional guest to a treatment center, it turns into an ad for said center.

• Love 1

Yes, but in the long run. he isn't the one to treat the guests - that falls to his stellar board of experts who are, in fact, licensed to do what needs to be done.  Phil is only a gateway.

True.  And there's all sorts of interesting detail on record about the legal distinction in California between "entertainment" and "counseling" vis-à-vis Phil.  Guests must sign waivers that they are fully apprised Dr. Phil is in the first category and not the second. 

(Which is exactly why the family of Britney Spears threw a fit.  When you specifically define yourself as someone who provides entertainment and does not provide counseling, it's pretty rude to go interviewing troubled pop divas in the hospital.)

• Love 2

What in the hell did I just watch ?   There is something seriously wrong with that woman Rebecca Ann. Rebecca Ann is a crackpot! Some judge needs to order a psychological exam.

Edited by Taylorh2

That Rebecca Ann person show yesterday was a repeat. This time around I decided to see what she was up to after the show aired much earlier in the show year.

She is STILL on facebook and STILL has her crusade against the woman whose child committed suicide.

Guess Dr. Phil's "intervention" didn't amount to much.

The woman is nutz.

Rebecca Ann's mission is to get the case reopened. How long has she been trying to reopen the case?  Doesn't she realize that if Law Enforcement thought it needed to be reopened, they would of by now ?

I wonder if she's actually filed a petition with the Courts ?  I had a lot of questions that I wanted Dr. Phil to ask her about what measures that Rebecca Ann has actually tried.

I wish I knew how to find out of this Rebecca Ann person has any immed family and what they think about this ?

Edited by Taylorh2

They are back to being lazy on OWN. Near every episode they have shown this morning, they have shown in the last week or so.

With 10 years of programming behind them, how is it possible they are showing the same episodes over and pver.

Lazy, lazy, lazy.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 3

The rerun of the girl who faked cancer. Ugh. Her "sob story" was so friggin' stupid. "I lost four people in my family who were very close to me!" Then she goes on to list a grandparent, two sort-of grandparents, and a great grandparent. By the time I was her age, ALL my grandparents, let alone great grandparents, were long dead. Get over it, seriously. People who get to their twenties and still expect their grandparents to live forever are insane. If you reach 20 and you still have grandparents, you are LUCKY. 

I turned today's episode off after half an hour. I believe the daughters were abused, but I also think they are melodramatic exaggerators. I couldn't bring myself to feel sympathy towards them (and don't get me started on the snort-crying!) The dad was an asshole. The mom was probably right about him acting out more due to his pain, but she's made this into an excuse rather than a reason. Now that the daughters have grown to love drama thanks to their dad, this family is an unfixable mess. I'm pretty sure I know how this episode ends, though. The shill promotes, I mean, sends this family to a treatment center and everyone allegedly lives happily ever after.

• Love 1

I turned today's episode off after half an hour. I believe the daughters were abused, but I also think they are melodramatic exaggerators. I couldn't bring myself to feel sympathy towards them (and don't get me started on the snort-crying!) The dad was an asshole. The mom was probably right about him acting out more due to his pain, but she's made this into an excuse rather than a reason. Now that the daughters have grown to love drama thanks to their dad, this family is an unfixable mess. I'm pretty sure I know how this episode ends, though. The shill promotes, I mean, sends this family to a treatment center and everyone allegedly lives happily ever after.

Well ... I am so happy I am not the only one. Was totally turned off with the first couple of stories but even more so when the dad came on. They were ALL drama-prone. 

edited because auto spell is out to get me...

Edited by ethalfrida
  • Love 2

I wonder if anyone watched the whole thing.  I didn't even last until the dad showed up.  The girls were just unlikeable drama queens.  Was there abuse?  Most likely.  Was it as bad as they thought?  Probably not.  

• Love 2

I had to laugh at the son yesterday with the bitter divorced mom. He was upset because he couldn't visit his mom at her one-bedroom apartment. More like he couldn't crash at mom's after a night of drinking. Wonder if he'd go back to college to study music or if that was his excuse to drop out.

If I had a spouse that had frequent stints at rehab and had a habit of overspending and began going to casinos, I'd lock up the financial stuff, too.

• Love 2

I got the feeling that the dad was willing to financially support his son in college, but when he dropped out to pursue music the cash stopped flowing.  Being supportive of what your adult kids want to do does not mean you have to finance it.  How old was he anyway?  I was glad when they brought up the mom's stints in rehab and her drinking.  From the first moment we saw her I wondered what she was on.  I'm glad the daughter is smart enough to keep her distance.

• Love 2

Was multitasking so I got through the episode in its entirety.  Plus,  I learned about a new drug that, although not illegal in US, is in Thailand.  It appears to be pretty bad and here is a link to Kratom that the housewife was spending thousands per week.

http://www.vice.com/read/kratom-tea-is-the-beverage-of-recovering-heroin-addicts

I caught this one, too!  My first episode in months.

Interesting how Phil lobbed that ping pong ball of blame back and forth between the wife and the husband for the first 50 minutes.  Let's ask the kids who's the bad parent!  Is there a sister-in-law with some 411?  Here's an opinion from a Doctor On Call, which I started with my son and is available by downloading an app from iTunes or Googleplay!

And THEN, with seconds on the clock, he confronts the wife about losing her RN license and getting kicked out of her Nurse Jackie-style addiction recovery program.  Did you substitute your little girl's urine for your own?  Boom.  Never mind your marriage, we have an inpatient recovery place ready for you, okay?  Robin!  Time to bounce!

Heh.  Phil, Phil, Phil. . .

ETA:  I think the wife was spending about a thousand dollar per month total on her various (legal) recreational drugs--daily trips to the kava bar, that weird kratom, beer, the ADHD scrip.  (And "vaping," sheesh.)  The husband had cocaine, bloody marys and extramarital affairs on his side of the ledger.  I thought it was going to be a draw, until the end.

Edited by candall
  • Love 5

I caught this one, too!  My first episode in months.

Interesting how Phil lobbed that ping pong ball of blame back and forth between the wife and the husband for the first 50 minutes.  Let's ask the kids who's the bad parent!  Is there a sister-in-law with some 411?  Here's an opinion from a Doctor On Call, which I started with my son and is available by downloading an app from iTunes or Googleplay!

And THEN, with seconds on the clock, he confronts the wife about losing her RN license and getting kicked out of her Nurse Jackie-style addiction recovery program.  Did you substitute your little girl's urine for your own?  Boom.  Never mind your marriage, we have an inpatient recovery place ready for you, okay?  Robin!  Time to bounce!

Heh.  Phil, Phil, Phil. . .

ETA:  I think the wife was spending about a thousand dollar per month total on her various (legal) recreational drugs--daily trips to the kava bar, that weird kratom, beer, the ADHD scrip.  (And "vaping," sheesh.)  The husband had cocaine, bloody marys and extramarital affairs on his side of the ledger.  I thought it was going to be a draw, until the end.

Not enough time. Like that Dr.Phil said he doesn't care about the marriage. Just her getting healthy.

You two had me rolling! 

• Love 1
Not interested in today's ep for the life of Bill Cosby.....  skipping today.

I heard about this episode, but I didn't see it. I've wondered about Dr. Phil's take on this more than a lot of people's opinions. He's been doing this for ten years and I know he's seen plenty of women accusing men of molestation and rape...only to see those men exonerated by a lie detector test. Given the fact that these women are making accusations about attacks that happened 35-40 years ago, I wonder if he's skeptical of this. I doubt he'd actually say too much because Phil knows where his bread is buttered. He's not going to ever alienate his mostly-female-audience, so he gives hen-pecked Robin-approved answers more than not.

Re: the vaping...they never said what it WAS that she was actually vaping. Cannabis, nicotine??

Yes, I read that about the vaping. That habit would contribute very little to the overall expenditure once the supplies were purchased. That is, if it was just regular vaping juices.

This is not a post against the previous question...Sometimes, it annoys me when people attribute those qualities to things they know little about. There was an LA City Council meeting where there was an ordinace against vaping was up. The voting public had a chance to speak and I swear I wanted to find everyone who spoke against it and shake them sillier. It wasn't so much that they were against it but they were simply citing stupid stuff from hysteria put out there on purpose. "Our kids will be able to vape marijuana from those things..." Well, gues what, they already smoke it wrapped in papers, cigars and pipes! 

OK, rant over...

• Love 3

Yes, I read that about the vaping. That habit would contribute very little to the overall expenditure once the supplies were purchased. That is, if it was just regular vaping juices.

This is not a post against the previous question...Sometimes, it annoys me when people attribute those qualities to things they know little about. There was an LA City Council meeting where there was an ordinace against vaping was up. The voting public had a chance to speak and I swear I wanted to find everyone who spoke against it and shake them sillier. It wasn't so much that they were against it but they were simply citing stupid stuff from hysteria put out there on purpose. "Our kids will be able to vape marijuana from those things..." Well, gues what, they already smoke it wrapped in papers, cigars and pipes! 

OK, rant over...

I'll just slide in here under cover of your rant.   : )

I thought the development of a means by which to substitute water vapor for cigarette smoke was going to provide a decent compromise between people with the right to engage in a legal activity and people with the right to voice legitimate complaints about how that activity impinged on them.  Too bad it hasn't worked out that way.

Marijuana vaping doesn't seem practical--reducing a large amount of expensive organic matter through distillation . . . and then diluting it with water vapor.  Cancer patients, yes; teenagers, no.

And, ha, if the people at your meeting were just worried the little plastic tube could be modified to smoke pot, I'll go with you to hunt them down and we can demonstrate turning apples into hash pipes. 

• Love 3

I'll just slide in here under cover of your rant.   : )

I thought the development of a means by which to substitute water vapor for cigarette smoke was going to provide a decent compromise between people with the right to engage in a legal activity and people with the right to voice legitimate complaints about how that activity impinged on them.  Too bad it hasn't worked out that way.

Marijuana vaping doesn't seem practical--reducing a large amount of expensive organic matter through distillation . . . and then diluting it with water vapor.  Cancer patients, yes; teenagers, no.

And, ha, if the people at your meeting were just worried the little plastic tube could be modified to smoke pot, I'll go with you to hunt them down and we can demonstrate turning apples into hash pipes. 

For real!!! I have several vaporizors. They helped me quit smoking so abruptly I was smoke-free in 30 days with no trauma. But none of the ones I have will even accomodate cannabis.  It just amazes me how something so right can become vilified. And I'm referring to both e-cig and weed...

• Love 5

All New Week

Monday - September 14, 2015

A Baby Ripped from the Womb: One Mother’s Nightmare

An attack in Colorado almost too brutal to believe: A fetus ripped from a mother's womb. Dr. Phil has the exclusive interview with brave survivor Michelle Wilkins, whose story made national headlines. A young mother-to-be, full of joy and happily preparing for her baby daughter's arrival, answered a seemingly innocent ad on Craigslist offering up free maternity clothes. She had no idea she was about to walk into her worst nightmare. Michelle went to pick up the clothing, but she didn't leave with new outfits; she left in an ambulance, clinging to life, without her baby. Her fetus was ripped from her womb. Michelle's inspiring story is one of incredible survival, love and loss.

Tuesday - September 15, 2015

Athlete to Escort: A Champion Runner's Fall from Grace

From athlete to escort: Suzy Favor Hamilton is a former world-class runner who seemed to have a picture-perfect life. She was a champion. She appeared in a Nike commercial. She did promotional work for Disney. She was a loving wife and mother. But Suzy was living a secret double life. She was still Suzy, the fresh-faced, all-American girl. But she was also "Kelly" a $600-an-hour call girl who worked the Vegas strip. Suzy says escorting gave her an even bigger rush than running a race. What does she say made her do it? Plus Suzy says her husband allowed her to moonlight as a high-priced sex worker. He'll answer the question many in America are asking: Why would a husband be OK with this? This program contains sexual content. Viewer discretion advised.

Wednesday - September 16, 2015

TV Star's Alcoholism & Depression Spiral Out of Control: Can His Career Be Saved?

TV Star Nicholas Brendon is best known for his role as “Xander Harris” on the hugely popular TV show Buffy the Vampire Slayer and most recently for his role as “Kevin Lynch” on the TV show Criminal Minds. But off-screen, he has been starring in his own private alcohol-fueled drama which has led to multiple arrests and been documented in celebrity magazines, social media and blogs. Nicholas, who was not exactly drama-free in preparation for his sit down with Dr. Phil, abruptly walks offstage during the interview. Is Nicholas ready to make hard choices and take the steps needed to save his life and career?

Thursday - September 17, 2015

A Military Cop's Confession to His Family: "I Want to Be a Woman"

Gary says he was floored when his nephew Zach, whom he’s been raising since he was a few days old and considers a son, revealed a desire to “become a woman” and identifies as transgender, using the name Steph. Gary says he cannot accept Steph and feels being transgender is wrong, and he blames himself for what he believes is a sickness. But there is another family member that also admits to being just as shocked by this revelation -- Zach’s wife Becky, who says she has sacrificed everything to try to make her marriage work since finding out about her husband’s desire to transition last year. Steph says she finally is able to be the individual she was born to be, and refuses to allow her wife or family to keep her from embracing her true self. How will Gary react to seeing Steph for the first time on Dr. Phil’s stage? It is an emotional moment you will not believe! Plus, don’t miss the shocking way Becky found out her husband was transgender. And, Kristin Beck, the first openly transgender former Navy Seal takes the stage, and sits face to face with Gary for a powerful conversation.

Friday - September 18, 2015

MMA Fighter Sick of Battling Outside the Ring with Ex-Wife over Their Son

MMA Fighter Eddie, 33, has spent the past eight years battling his ex-wife Melissa, 36, in court, over custody of their son. Melissa has lost custody twice, but she claims Eddie and his wife Ashley, 31, were only awarded custody because he’s a local celebrity. Eddie, Ashley, and Melissa can’t be at the same place together without causing an ugly scene in front of their son. This includes his little league games -- all caught on video. Can these parents agree to co-parent peacefully for the sake of their son’s well-being, or is it too late?