Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/30/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

On 10/1/2019 at 4:51 AM, xingu said:

A 24 year old having sex with a sixteen year old is rape.  Pure and simple.

What Rob Lowe did was sleazy as fuck,  but he did not commit rape - the age of consent in Georgia is now sixteen, and it was (dear god, help me not throw up) fourteen in 1988 (when the tape was made). She was sixteen when they had sex, so no statutory rape occurred.  And the civil lawsuit (filed by the mother after she found the tape in her daughter's belongings) alleged that Lowe's celebrity status  enticed her daughter into making the tape, not that he had raped her. 

That said, I don't like his occasionally too-breezy attitude about that night  - he's said he was addicted to sex and alcohol and went into rehab solely because of the tape (which, fair enough) but then he says shit about how sometimes being a trailblazer isn't always great  - ha ha!  so funny!  cuz sex tapes are everywhere now!-  hey asshole, you behaved like a sleazebag and there' s nothing funny about that.  Quit playing cute.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 24
6 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

In other news, Rachel Maddow mentioned on her show that she was going to be on The View later this week, then said "pray for me."  

Ha!  More like pray for Meghan.  Rachel has debated and taken down far worthier opponents.

• Love 19
7 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

In other news, Rachel Maddow mentioned on her show that she was going to be on The View later this week, then said "pray for me."  

I'm thinking she should have scheduled to be on Colbert as a palate cleanser after her stint on this show, instead of going on his show first.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

And she wasn't "afraid to speak",  she participated, knew it was being videotaped, and took the tape to brag about her night with Lowe.

What's more, she and the other person involved took the tape and left when Lowe was out of the room, and the 16 year old planned to blackmail him for 2 million dollars.

I found this 1989 article, with lots of details from court filings/hearings. - AP News

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Whew!  I didn’t think the forums would be up in time for Hillary. 

I was surprised Hillary hugged Meghan. Good thing she knows to disarm Meg by talking about her fondness for JM. 

• Love 17

"My father LOVED traveling with you! You're a blast!" 

Interesting. You gonna call her "Crooked Hillary" in her face Meghan or are you gonna keep up this little friendly act?

(Yes, I'm aware that she gave a faux apology long after she made those "Crooked Hillary" and "I hate Hillary" comments). 

I'm frankly surprised that Meghan nor Abby asked any ridiculous questions.

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • LOL 2
  • Love 18

Chelsea Clinton is so intelligent and well-spoken.   Unlike some other First Children. 

Wow, Sunny just asked Hillary about Bill's infidelity and how she dealt with it.  I'm kind of enjoying how these uncomfortable topics are being discussed in a mature manner, with no mud being slung and no wink-winks.  

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Whew!  I didn’t think the forums would be up in time for Hillary. 

I was surprised Hillary hugged Meghan. Good thing she knows to disarm Meg by talking about her fondness for JM. 

giphy.gif

AND...

giphy.gif

I would have much preferred her just being professional and civil to Her Twatness.

4 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Meghan is kissing Hillary's ass right now.

"My father LOVED traveling with you! You're a blast!" 

Interesting. You gonna call her "Crooked Hillary" in her face Meghan or are you gonna keep up this little friendly act?

(Yes, I'm aware that she gave a faux apology long after she made those "Crooked Hillary" and "I hate Hillary" comments). 

DOUBLE giphy.gif giphy.gif

Her Twatness is nothing but a big ole' COWARD. She only talks shit about people behind their backs. Except for her disrespect to Durbin, she doesn't have the guts to put her money where her foul mouth is.

3 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Chelsea Clinton is so intelligent and well-spoken.   Unlike some other First Children. 

Wow, Sunny just asked Hillary about Bill's infidelity and how she dealt with it.  I'm kind of enjoying how these uncomfortable topics are being discussed in a mature manner, with no mud being slung and no wink-winks.  

Good Lord. She DEALT with it.

• Love 19
9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Her Twatness is nothing but a big ole' COWARD. She only talks shit about people behind their backs.

Yep. Like a high school mean girl. Meghan has talked so much shit about Hillary, yet today it's all glitter and rainbows. 

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 14
11 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Her Twatness is nothing but a big ole' COWARD. She only talks shit about people behind their backs. Except for her disrespect to Durbin, she doesn't have the guts to put her money where her foul mouth is.

Unless the guest is Pam Anderson. That’s her level of courage when it comes to confrontation. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 16

So, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton are seated on the stage and Whoopie says something like, "We've got a packed show today, a lot to talk about, so, we need to get started.   We'll be right back."   Ummm.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

It was a pretty good show. I don't know why anyone  was expecting  confrontation,  I wasn't. Perhaps some fawning by Joy   but nothing happened,   that was not expected. 

I thought there was more fawning from Me-again than anyone

• LOL 4
  • Love 15
40 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

I'm frankly surprised that Meghan nor Abby asked any ridiculous questions.

I'm thinking that maybe Abby and Chelsea are friends, or at least friendly acquaintances - when they greeted each other it looked different than the standard greeting; they were extending their arms towards each other and did this little back and forth shimmy before hugging. 

Then when Chelsea said something about not wanting her kids to grow up in a country where certain things are acceptable, she made a point of including Abby's kids in that as well.  Since they both had babies this summer, they might run into each other at baby-related activities.

I do find it amusing that Hillary kind of tries tries to give the impression that the infidelity she had to deal with was limited to Monica Lewinsky.  That's just the tip of the iceberg.  In 1979 a friend told me that she had become friends with someone who's aunt was having an affair with the governor of Arkansas.  At the time I had no idea who the governor was (Bill Clinton was elected in 1978), and I was only told because I lived in Arkansas until I was almost 6 and still had family there.  

Years later, when Gennifer Flowers was in the news, I asked if she was the aunt, and was told no, that the aunt and Clinton had been in a long term relationship as of 1979, which was around the time that time Flowers claimed to have begun her affair with Clinton.

Meghan was on her very best behavior today.  One thing I noticed - the few times Hillary mentioned her father, the camera would show Meghan, and each time, Meghan almost looked on the verge of tears.  I wondered if Hillary had said something especially nice to her backstage.  I checked, and Hillary hasn't been on the show since John McCain died, so maybe that did happen.

Whoopie looked very nice today with her hair pinned back.  I loved the print of her top, too.   

• Love 7

Me-Again was quite effusive when she hugged Hillary and said that she was "so happy that she was here".  Her hug (if there was one) with Chelsea happened off camera, but Me-Again appeared to be saying something to Chelsea as well.  Oh my, what will the Republicans think about this Clinton love from Me-Again?!

I like Hillary and she is very bright and well-spoken.  But I would rather have heard more from Chelsea than to hear Hillary talk about staying with her horndog husband.  I also think it would have been interesting to hear about how they wrote the book, how they collaborated.

Did Chelsea say she had a baby just two  months ago?  Wow, she is impressive.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, bannana said:

I like Hillary and she is very bright and well-spoken.  But I would rather have heard more from Chelsea than to hear Hillary talk about staying with her horndog husband.  I also think it would have been interesting to hear about how they wrote the book, how they collaborated.

Watch the interview on Stephen Colbert's Late Show--they talk about that and more substantive things. And nary a mention of Bill or his cheating. Or how Hillary dealt with it.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Useful 1
  • Love 22
41 minutes ago, Orillia said:

Abby's best question to Hillary ...

Do you ever think back to what you could have done differently in the last election ?

Yeah , I wrote a whole book about it.

Even some of the audience was cracking up.

Oh, I for sure giggled at the question 😂

Hillary's book about the election is literally titled "What Happened." Of all the things Abby could've asked HRC, she chose to ask about something HRC has addressed ad nauseam. Same with Sunny asking about the infidelity. 

I agree with @GHScorpiosRule. Watch Chelsea and Hillary's interview with Colbert instead.

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 18

I do agree with @Sarah Heart... I did not and would not expect any type of "fileting" and take down of the Clinton women from Meghan on TV. She has said some ridiculous things about the both  of them but I think even she is aware that she has no leverage in that battle. I also am so over Hilary constantly being asked about her husband's affairs and her having to explain her position over and over. Bill Clinton was a decent president but his infidelity rep rivals the Kennedys, before the whole Monica Lewinsky thing. If she decided to stay that's her cross to bear, and honestly she's so accomplished on her own, there's literally no reason why he should come up, other than him being her husband that was a US President.

And let me be clear, I am STILL team #fuckmeghan, and I too am tired of most of these political guests bowing at the alter McCain. BUT I WILL SAY (snort), that I can give them a pass, if for any other reason, is that these people knew him personally. He was senator for a long time and I'm sure a lot of them were at least close acquaintances with him. If I'm not mistaken I think the Clintons were at the funeral, so I totally believe that Hilary said something to Meghan in private that made the ice queen melt just a little bit. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Hillary's book about the election is literally titled "What Happened." Of all the things Abby could've asked HRC, she chose to ask about something HRC has addressed ad nauseam.

And IIRC, didn't Me-Again bitch at the time about Hillary writing a book about what happened and said that no one wanted to hear from her or hear her excuses? 🙄

• Love 24

Me-Again expressed surprise when Hillary and Joy were talking about Trump's moat, snakes and alligators at the southern border.  Really, Me-Again?  You have one job, to be up on current events/news.  This is a huge story and she never heard it before she went on air? 🙄

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Angelsmom1009 said:

If she decided to stay that's her cross to bear, and honestly she's so accomplished on her own, there's literally no reason why he should come up, other than him being her husband that was a US President.

So well said.   Thank you for saying what would have taken me six paragraphs to sputter out, and I still would not have come anywhere close to your excellent post.  

• Love 20
4 hours ago, bannana said:

Only the producers and the panel can be blamed.  I'm sure Hillary and Chelsea would have liked to speak about NOTHING but their book.  "The View" has to appease their Bravolebrity (used generically) watchers.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Orillia said:

Abby's best question to Hillary ...

Do you ever think back to what you could have done differently in the last election ?

Yeah , I wrote a whole book about it.

Even some of the audience was cracking up.

Abby's response:  What? Why? Did someone say something funny?

• LOL 10
  • Love 6

Love love Hillary, always have. What a perfect week to be on, too. Chelsea is a nice girl, but she speaks so robotically. She did better the last time she was on The View when she was by herself (Sara Haines was there at the time).

In the past, Ben Platt's face has always kind of freaked me out for some reason. They showed an old picture of him with Hillary that spotlighted what I mean, where he was so washed out and clown-like. I'm glad he's been able to grow his facial hair out, he looks much cuter now. Too bad he didn't sing today, too.

McCain's been fake all week. Somebody at ABC clearly told her to get her shit in line since HRC was going to be on this week.

• Love 14