Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. At least she got to come back to the show fairly recently and finish her storyline.
  3. No, he actually said "Who the heck are they?" or words to that effect. OMG that was one of my favorite bits. Didn't he whistle for him, too? He definitely sounded like he was calling for a dog to follow him. I also got a big kick out of the ghost whose power is to make people forget why they walked down that aisle. One of the great mysteries of life has finally been solved. I think I have one of those in my house.
  4. I guess it's a colloquialism based on where's he's from, but it bothered me no end every time Harry said, "I voted for yourself, (insert name here.)"
  5. That was not a eulogy about Bernadette. It was an expose about what a bad mother she was. As for Jason, I'm sure Bryn would be ecstatic (not) hearing/reading/watching about her father being trashed (again, and on installments on social media and podcasts) by her mother.
  6. Hard to believe that's only 3 months away we will also see Bill Hayes final appearance before that as well. There's a rumor floating around that GV is gone as well not sure how true that is tbh. I could see the show writing them off together which despite not liking the pairing is the best case scenario as far as endings for the characters.
  7. I learned about TWOP from another, more international forum for A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones. TWOP had a thread (or maybe an entire subforum?) dedicated to a part of the fandom that called themselves Unsullied (a reference from the books/show) and they were dedicated to watch the show without any book spoilers or even any trailers or interviews. They then posted very detailed speculations based only on the aired episodes, some of which were completely wrong but very interesting to read. People on the forum I was visiting were mostly book readers and they were fascinated by the Unsullied group and even had their own thread where they commented on them and how right or wrong their theories were. It wasn't that interesting to me, to be honest, but it made me aware of the website and I was really happy to find discussion about some shows that I haven't seen discussed anywhere else. I was mostly hanging out on a comic book forum, so shows based on comics or some sci-fi shows got plenty of discussion, but something like The Mentalist or Sherlock didn't. I wasn't registered there though and then I took a break from being on forums once I graduated and got a job and had much less time. I only came back here maybe a year before the pandemic and then got an account much later, when I felt confident enough to post. I got one that I was very confused about. I was told we don't mention political parties here, which I knew, but I wasn't doing that. All I said was something that contained word "liberal" and I believe it was clear from the context that I wasn't referring to any political party but to people with liberal opinions. And the wording of the warning was so humiliating, something about me having to click and acknowledge I did wrong, or I wouldn't be able to post here again. I think I'm usually reasonable, but I can get very stubborn when somebody is condescending to me, so I had to breath through it and remind myself that I want to discuss TV shows here that I don't have anybody else to discuss with.
  8. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/marla-adams-dead-young-and-restless-1235882797/
  9. I'm not at all rooting for them since he appears to be shady if any of the above links are true. However, I am tired of everything being Kristen's fault. She's the easy target and they all know it. Having said, that, Kristen, shut up with the secret crap and protecting you. I'm sure it would have come out regardless. I think Brittany knows exactly why Jax isn't having sex with her; cuz he's cheating on her! Michelle is awful. She doesn't want to be with her husband, but she sure got territorial over Jesse when he was talking to Burning Man girl. What is with Jesse's hair and why is it dented so much? Is he wearing headbands that often? It just makes me so uncomfortable seeing Brittany during her interviews (confessionals? what do they call them?) wearing the tight dresses and her enhancements pushed up to high heaven. It has GOT to be uncomfortable for her right?
  10. The description of chaos cuisine just above in HuffPo sounds like "creative home cook with leftovers" but somehow I don't think that's what Carmy and Sydney in The Bear were talking about, as a restaurant does more than "look in the fridge." But I confess, I still don't really understand. It sounds like fusion but fusion is so 80s so you can't call it that.....
  11. Be careful what you put out there. Violet was cute once, too…
  12. Question: how so? Neither one has made any moves. Being the only pair to stay a loyal pair is hardly a move.
  13. What I appreciate about Rick Steves is that he always tells you where the public toilets are.
  14. Can’t deal with Amy’s lack of enthusiasm, her vocal fry, her completely flat affect. I’m not surprised she wore an oatmeal colored cardigan on Friday’s show. Any contestant who says “bring it” is dead to me.
  15. I wouldn't put Brennan in that category, but agree with you that Michael and Austin aren't bad. Not all the women in the pink squad are bad either, which is why I take issue with Chloe characterizing them in such black and white terms. Also agree that Emily had no business being on the show. Not because of her sexual history, but because it's just ridiculous for someone who's never even been a girlfriend before to just dive head first into being a wife. One thing I'll say about Brennan is it doesn't sound like he had the best upbringing. His dad seems like a raging alcoholic (drinking vodka in place of water) and his parents were fighting throughout his whole childhood. I also felt empathy for him hearing that story about how he always wanted a closer relationship with his sister, but it didn't seem to be reciprocated on her end. Knowing those things, it doesn't surprise me that someone like Brennan would have issues, but I also don't think he's hopeless when it comes to growing the way I sadly think Emily is.
  16. I found TWoP from a friend's recommendation and for a long time only read recaps and forums without posting. It made work so much more fun. When I did post I mostly stayed in lower traffic places like The Daily Show and Commercials and threads like this one with a few exceptions (like Angel as referenced above). At least, that's how I remember it. The Lost forum was so overwhelming that I didn't post in it, I think, until the show was over and we did a rewatch. The Dr. Who recaps were raved about in the forum but I thought they were horribly overwritten and read like a broody adolescent's attempts to be profound. I stopped reading them because my eyes were rolling too hard to focus. I also remember getting so sick of one recapper constantly referring to characters as ThePoorMan's whoever and those who kept referring to characters in a show by the name of a character played by that actor in a previous series.
  17. I feel like Charlie or Maria will go to the end, one of them will be targeted IMO don't know who. Venus has a chance now that Q tanked his game and if she makes a good case at the final TC if she is there, she could possibly win. I like Maria, Charlie and Ben, the rest of them I can do without.
  18. Culber and Stamets, Adira and Gray, Tilly and her insecurities, Saru and his issues, Burnham and Booker ... they all suck. I'd rather watch a show about a starship crewed by King Moonracer and the inhabitants of the Island of Misfit Toys.
  19. I think once Roseanne left the show it was retooled to make Darlene the new Roseanne. The show definitely revolves around her. But the show has really run out of ideas and is running on fumes. The writers don't really seem to have a grasp on what made the original "Roseanne" show work. They are playing everything for laughs at the expense of the characters' integrity and don't seem realize it or care. And they don't even put in a modicum of effort to make it realistic. Like Ben's puny little hardware store is going to compete with Home Depot if he stays open an hour later? Please.
  20. Angela Moore confirms that her portion (and probably all of) Season 3 production of From has wrapped. https://www.instagram.com/p/C6M5E2kR1Ki/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=adf59d15-d41c-4db6-80be-fd8b9c387562&img_index=1
  21. Hunter made a dumb move. I still like him, but a dumb move it was. Maybe it's just me but I'm enjoying it on the whole, because I enjoy when cast members act like hot messes (not all the time, like Bhanu, but otherwise). I definitely want Charlie or Maria to win. They are playing the best game hands down. I was wondering why Tiff felt comfortable not to play her idol but Hunter wasn't and yet didn't play his idol. I wonder why she didn't think she needed to play her idol. I thought maybe they were all in on the Hunter plan, so she knew she didn't need to play her idol. Agreed about Liz. Some of these players are such amateurs. It's basic Survivor knowledge to know to not broadcast your moves at this point in the game and save it for the final tribal. And yes the worries about making moves at this point are a bit much and just put a target on the ones that did that. 44-45 were the best out of the new era so far but I did like 43, 41 was bad and 42 was ok.
  22. It looks like Trace and Lydia are also there. I guess Trace could be helping Chad with fix it jobs. Lydia is a wild card. She doesn't seem very domestic.
  23. Oh absolutely, I never want to see them attempt Dark Phoenix again. I was going to mention X-Men cartoon being the best place for Dark Phoenix, it wasn't perfect but, they did much, much better than the movies. I just used it as a reference since it's a well known story done, really, really badly in the movies. 😃
  24. Upon reflection, I would have loved it if a Cheftestant had taken Matty's opening rant completely literally. Plate an intricately elegant dessert, and then instruct the waiters to overturn the the plates onto the tables in front each diner. Not quite brave enough to instruct them to smush the dessert in Tom's face.
  25. Cancelled https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/ncis-hawaii-canceled-cbs-3-seasons-1235882710/
  26. Exactly. I saw someone post, not here but on FB that it wasn't Fraser's responsibility to do that. This last group wouldn't care about Anthony getting fired and it's a toss up if the group before would have cared either.
  1. Load more activity