Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

On 6/22/2019 at 12:12 PM, ShellyB said:

Groups...height, hair color, look, skills are varied. If the groups were placed by skill, that would leave the work lopsided among the leaders, as well as the groups. 

Leaders are usually by seniority, but there have been exceptions, when a girl has had more experience being a leader. 

@LaurenBrook Shelly has said that hair color is a deciding factor in the way groups are put together (not the only factor, but a factor). 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

Being a Dcc’s such a weird, weird world. Fascinating, but utterly frightening.   

I can't even imagine the dynamics of the locker room with 36 highly competitive females and egos.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
50 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

hmm interesting thought...i actually am not sure if they consider hair color for groups.  i do know that's important to them for who goes on appearances together. 

They try to scatter some within groups. Like you’re not going to see a group with all the redheads or all the black girls etc. but when you have an uneven amount of one look there might be per se more blondes or more brunettes in a group but never  ALL blondes in one. Or all short girls in one, or all thick girls in one etc. 

All that said I think sometimes we go way overboard OCD with details and with hearing something one time and setting it in stone. Like if Kelli says one episode rookies wear ballet tights on Wed it becomes OMG Kelli said ONLY rookies are required by death penalty to wear pink ballet tights from midnight to midnight on every single Wed. FOR ETERNITY.

Edited by UnicornKicksBack
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I can't even imagine the dynamics of the locker room with 36 highly competitive females and egos.

Yes. This is why it amazes me with the pearl clutching when tea is spilt that somebody, anybody ever has attitude or don’t get along. Guys and girls on this level of any sport are way competitive and cutthroat. Guys worse from what I’ve seen. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

hmm interesting thought...i actually am not sure if they consider hair color for groups.  i do know that's important to them for who goes on appearances together. 

Now that’s interesting! I wouldn’t think that would be an important factor for appearances, though it doesn’t surprise me with DCCs. Group placement....i can understand to an extent, but appearances? Do they think that a blonde little girl will be offended if the 2 DCCs at Walgreens are brunette 😂 

That could explain some of Milan’s comments about appearances though. I thought it was strange that they would be summoning her for appearances during hours when she had class (seems easy enough to find girls who are free in the morning vs evening vs Mondays vs Thursday’s, etc), but hey, maybe all the other blondes were busy, and they didn’t want to ask Maddie or Lacey or one of the other brunettes to fill in. 

Edited by Jess14
Typo
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Yes. This is why it amazes me with the pearl clutching when tea is spilt that somebody, anybody ever has attitude or don’t get along. Guys and girls on this level of any sport are way competitive and cutthroat. Guys worse from what I’ve seen. 

Right?  Like they aren’t humans.  I’m competitive with my girlfriends and I’m just a normal, 42 year old mom.  

• Love 1

@ShellyB, in case you stop back by...

Do you think this year we might see more interaction of the GL's rehearsing their groups?  Or is there not enough time in the scheduled segments?  I would love to see how the groups gel and come together.

• Love 7
(edited)
14 minutes ago, go4luca said:

@ShellyB, in case you stop back by...

Do you think this year we might see more interaction of the GL's rehearsing their groups?  Or is there not enough time in the scheduled segments?  I would love to see how the groups gel and come together.

This. I’d rather just see the groups rehearsing together with the rookies throughout the season rather than scripted Melissa nonsense. It seems more natural assuming that’s how some practices are. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, LaurenlovesTV said:

Yup and they are apparently filming at the salon if you look in the mirror lol

Yep, all day according to Marshall's IG.

I think this may be Kat.  Not the sharpest as it's an mp4 screen grab.

kat pur?2.png

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Yep, all day according to Marshall's IG.

I think this may be Kat.  Not the sharpest as it's an mp4 screen grab.

kat pur?2.png

Can we please retire that mustard yellow color on Kelli.? Well, I guess people were complaining about jewel-toned dresses, so she can't win. She looked so good during season 12, she had some really sharp looking outfits. But hey, I still wear my yoga pants way past 10AM sooooo....

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Mercurialsteph said:

I think the girl with the foils in her hair is Kristen 

Will someone have an intervention with her please? Her eyelashes are HUGE. I like her dancing, she’s really cute and with a great background. The only thing standing in the way is this.

12 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Do they think they will have enough cameras for the other girls:/

But we don’t care about the other girls! We just want more VK from more angles!

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
(edited)
54 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Is she the only one wearing shorts today or a romper which is also considered shorts?  Looks like all the other girls are wearing dresses or pants.   Just shows how she knows how "special" she is and can wear what ever she feels like. 

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 3
(edited)

Wasn't it in Season 8 when the girl wore shorts to her makeover and she was used for a fashion don't in the what to or what not to wear segment?  You would think Tina would know these things.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 7
Just now, PunchPowerPop said:

Marshall is the first to catch my eye, he is perfect in every way 😍😍 

I get my hair done at Tangerine Salon there and every time I go he is never there 😞 Booooo.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

My 2 cents on point.  I have been watching past seasons, and I don’t ever see where point was not a GL.  IMO, the Group Leader role is training for point.  If they don’t have experience leading a small group, they would not have demonstrated the skills to lead the whole team.

Point is not a leadership position.  It's a placement in a dance formation.

They are often 2GL or GL, but that is just coincidence.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

it is kind of unexpected but then, Holly Arielle was VOTY, pro bowl, point and wasn't an all star either. 

Seriously?  Am I the only one remembers the pics that came out?

(edited)
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

And we need to know how VK is feeling when other girls are cut!!! 😂🤣😂🤪😫😩🧐

Edited by Stee
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Stee said:

And we need to know how VK is feeling when other girls are cut!!! 😂🤣😂🤪😫😩🧐

Part of me is don't show her, don't show her - but if they don't show her, we will never know if she's changed.  Problem is that four letter word - EDIT!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, IzzyEnd said:

Can we please retire that mustard yellow color on Kelli.? Well, I guess people were complaining about jewel-toned dresses, so she can't win. She looked so good during season 12, she had some really sharp looking outfits. But hey, I still wear my yoga pants way past 10AM sooooo....

I was just thinking, am I the only one that thinks Kelli needs to get rid of the mustard yellow dress. It does nothing for her at all with her skin tone. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Do they think they will have enough cameras for the other girls:/

The spotlights on VK is starting already. Hmm..it looks like she is wearing shorts or a romper when all the other girls are in dresses. I wonder if that outfit is considered DCC appropriate. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

@LaurenBrook Shelly has said that hair color is a deciding factor in the way groups are put together (not the only factor, but a factor). 

3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Now that’s interesting! I wouldn’t think that would be an important factor for appearances, though it doesn’t surprise me with DCCs. Group placement....i can understand to an extent, but appearances? Do they think that a blonde little girl will be offended if the 2 DCCs at Walgreens are brunette 😂 

That could explain some of Milan’s comments about appearances though. I thought it was strange that they would be summoning her for appearances during hours when she had class (seems easy enough to find girls who are free in the morning vs evening vs Mondays vs Thursday’s, etc), but hey, maybe all the other blondes were busy, and they didn’t want to ask Maddie or Lacey or one of the other brunettes to fill in. 

I think it’s just to have variety. Nothing more and nothing less. And it’s not a must, just something I’ve been told in the past they like to do if possible. 

• Love 1