Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

I don’t think they even get to do many one to one interviews and definitely not that many with the boss right next to them. I think in most interviews it’s 3-5 girls together and each is getting one or two questions. 

Like her or not, I think JenK was one of the best speakers they’ve ever had. I admire that for sure! Maddie to me seems quite reserved and it was obvious last season when she was in the GL meeting with K&J. This interview must have felt like a torture to her!

She may be some what introverted. She seems quiet by nature. If these are both true, then yeah, an interview would be very uncomfortable.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Dnst1973 said:

😂 I looked the same as a child. I feel Maddie’s pain with super curly hair. Mine is like a spiral perm.  I hated it; the grass is always greener and all that shit.

That said, Maddie looks great! I like her hair longer. It looks soft as opposed to stiff curls. 

I've been watching Gilligan's Island reruns this summer and Mary Ann (Dawn Wells) reminds me of Maddie too.  My Mom's name is also Mary Ann (named for her two grandmothers) but she was a tall, cool, elegant blonde, much more like Ginger than Mary Ann on the show! :)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, M1977G said:

.... She should be a better interviewee, as she's very practiced by now. Serious props to her, though, when she chided the dude and told him with a smile that they do have post offices in small-town Utah! That was gold. But back to her underwhelming interview performances: Not only did she barely blink, she gave lame responses that weren't very insightful or engaging. She kept saying "yes sir," which was weird and I feel like she missed every chance they gave her to contribute in some positive way. Her "narrative" of her journey to be a DCC was pretty uninspiring and dull and gave no real insight into the process or her status as a vet. And when she was asked directly about DCC travel and the anchor hinted he wanted to hear about international trips, she just said, yeah, it's great to jet set and then didn't name a single place they've ever gone. Weak. She could have mentioned USO tours (hello, one of Kelli's favorite things to promote), calendar, London, or even just Oxnard. Heather would not have missed on softball interview questions/leads like that.

To which interview are you referring to?

Do you have a link?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Danalf923 said:

What rookies have been cut?

Rookies:
Alexandra Pena @alexandra.micaa (reported cut)
Amanda Dilks @amandadilks (Philly Flyers) (Show Group)
Ashley Hancock @ashleyahancock (DMD) (reported cut) 
Bret McCall Lindley @bret_mccall (49ers) (reported cut)

Chandi Dayle  @chandidayle (UofAZ pom)
Gina Marie Campagna @ginamariecampagna (reported cut)
Julia Fife @juliafife (DMD)
Kat Puryear @katpurr (Charlotte Hornets)
Kelcey Wetterburg @kelceywetterberg (Nebraska) (Show Group)
Kristen Dodd @kdodd_10 (Ice Angels)
Lauren Ligon @lauren_ligon (TCU Showgirl) (reported cut)
Lily Johnson @lilyjay21 (University of Kentucky)
Lisa Mills @lisa_mills (DMD)
Madeline Grace Salter @_mmadelinegrace (OCU) (reported cut)
Meredith Madden @meredithmadden
Shaina Grace @shainagrace (LSU Goldgengirl)
Taylor Pedersen @tay_pedersen (Suns Dancer)
Victoria Kalina @victoriaakalina (TC last year) (Show Group)

tcc6.png

Edited by Squeek
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Squeek said:

Rookies:

Ok thanks.

I feel like they are dragging this out way to long. If the first pre season game was at home they would be about to announce the team. I hope they get a move on and cut one tonight 

Edited by Jennv
Sp
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I feel like they are dragging this out way to long. If the first pre season game was at home they would be about to announce the team. I hope they get a move on and cut one tonight 

Seems to be their habit the last couple years.  Season 13 they cut Malena and Lily on the last night of camp.

Edited by Squeek
15 minutes ago, Squeek said:

Seems to be their habit the last couple years.  Season 13 they cut Malena and Victoria on the last night of camp.

They cut Victoria 2 nights before the last night. Malena and Lily were cut on the last night of training camp. 

Edited by Erinbridget
12 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I always feel that way, but I'm the kind of person who would want the team finalized ASAP to get going on squad photo, publicity, friends and family, etc.  Give the girls a tiny chance to breath before the first game.  I realize that they have it down to a science, but last year Kelli was so 🤬😱😝

• Love 7
On 7/31/2019 at 3:08 PM, lah715 said:

ooh maybe that means more updating on the choreography ... I like the lasso addition ... could be a good thing 🙂

A lasso? Yikes! I once had to learn how to use one when doing the musical "Will Rogers Follies" and using that thing combined with dance moves is not easy or fun. Most of us chorus girls got mean cases of rope burn & one time our Will was nearly strangled when one of the girls was practicing a trick involving a spin & her aim was so off it landed around his neck. Somehow a lot of cheerleaders twirling lassos in close quarters sounds like a disaster.

5 minutes ago, Erinbridget said:

They cut Victoria the night before the last night. Malena and Lily were cut on the last night of training camp. 

Sorry, all the crying kind of blurred into one big mess.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

After I watched the Valder Beebee interview (she called them cowgirls!!!) I felt like Maddie had point because Valder asked her about her role & she had a big smile saying it was expanded for this year.

Also I suggested live tweeting for the episode because if it is on Twitter it is a more neutral area where spoilers are allowed.  How you you do a live chat here with no spoilers?  “Wow did you see that? How about ______ falling? What excuse could she give about what she said?”

I'm pretty sure once it's aired on the East coast, it's no longer a spoiler. There's no way the East coast (and Central & Mountain) can live post without spoilers unless they tape it and then watch it West coast time (which could mean midnight or later for many).

I *THINK* a spoiler would be considered something like saying, "oh, so-and-so gets cut this episode" before it has happened or before they announce show group, talk about who made it and who didn't. But once it airs, it's fair game to talk about.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

OK first off why in the world when I clicked here to post something did a post I planned to quote DAYS ago show up??? (I deleted it before writing this) and second, am I dreaming or was Maddie Massengill's Mom  a dance teacher?

She coaches the high school drill team and teaches at a dance studio (and it seems to me she may either be an owner or once was -- but that could be my imagination 😎).

• Useful 2
4 minutes ago, Tootie said:

@DCCFanInKy

Ashlee, Alanna & Daphne

I've noticed that you have a hard time telling the girls apart 😀

Here are two pages that might help you.  Feel free to save them for future reference!

z 2019 rks & sg.png

z 2019 vets & gls.png

Thanks! Saved and will print when I get a chance 🙂

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

A lasso? Yikes! I once had to learn how to use one when doing the musical "Will Rogers Follies" and using that thing combined with dance moves is not easy or fun. Most of us chorus girls got mean cases of rope burn & one time our Will was nearly strangled when one of the girls was practicing a trick involving a spin & her aim was so off it landed around his neck. Somehow a lot of cheerleaders twirling lassos in close quarters sounds like a disaster.

I don't think they'll be using actual lassos -- that would be a disaster. I'm sure they're just mimicking the lasso motion with their arms.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Does anyone know what time the show repeats tomorrow night/Saturday? I have multiple obligations I have to keep and don't think I'll be home before the show starts (1st run).

Edited by DCCFanInKy
wording
1 hour ago, Bellisima08 said:

The updated choreography includes a dance move that mimics using a lasso. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, PunchPowerPop said:

Ok I'm sorry but Alanna's hair looks TORE UP in this pic. To quote Judy a few seasons back-  what would I do with it? "Brush it!" 

I'm wondering if it might just be the way it was photoshopped for the add?

1 hour ago, hannahbanana said:
11 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

Also I suggested live tweeting for the episode because if it is on Twitter it is a more neutral area where spoilers are allowed.  How you you do a live chat here with no spoilers?  “Wow did you see that? How about ______ falling? What excuse could she give about what she said?”

I'm pretty sure once it's aired on the East coast, it's no longer a spoiler. There's no way the East coast (and Central & Mountain) can live post without spoilers unless they tape it and then watch it West coast time (which could mean midnight or later for many).

I *THINK* a spoiler would be considered something like saying, "oh, so-and-so gets cut this episode" before it has happened or before they announce show group, talk about who made it and who didn't. But once it airs, it's fair game to talk about.

@hannahbanana has it right. 

The live chat is only open during the original Eastern time zone airing. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Squeek said:

Rookies:

tcc6.png

Is it me or does TCC Taylor look a little like former DCC Kelli (recent retiree)?

1 hour ago, Erinbridget said:

They cut Victoria 2 nights before the last night. Malena and Lily were cut on the last night of training camp. 

If I recall correctly, the night that Victoria and Tara were cut was the last scheduled night of Training Camp, but Kelli couldn't get her act together to cut four more girls before that night.  I think one of the insiders also said that Kelli was trying to talk Charlotte into expanding the squad to 40 that year so she could keep Victoria and Malena.  If that's the case, then Kelli might have kept them around as long as she did in the hopes she'd get the answer she wanted, but she didn't.  I also don't believe Charlotte would have left it to the last minute to say yes or no so I think Charlotte had already given her answer, but Kelli didn't want to hear it until she had no other choice BUT to take it.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jennv said:

I think I saw road to Dcc girl in that one

I think I saw her in the Dallas Stars Ice Girls audition pictures from the weekend but I don’t believe she made it to their camp. 

12 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

If I recall correctly, the night that Victoria and Tara were cut was the last scheduled night of Training Camp, but Kelli couldn't get her act together to cut four more girls before that night.  I think one of the insiders also said that Kelli was trying to talk Charlotte into expanding the squad to 40 that year so she could keep Victoria and Malena.  If that's the case, then Kelli might have kept them around as long as she did in the hopes she'd get the answer she wanted, but she didn't.  I also don't believe Charlotte would have left it to the last minute to say yes or no so I think Charlotte had already given her answer, but Kelli didn't want to hear it until she had no other choice BUT to take it.

I’m going off of what was said by K & J in the “Making The Team Moments” video that was just posted from the DCC Making The Team account, haha. 

I forgot to include the post asking why Kristin and Lily got cut, but I'm responding to that question:

Kristin was cut last year because she was an inconsistent performer who often looked sleepy and therefore low-energy. They kept telling her she needed to find her "wow factor" and she didn't understand what they meant or how to do it.

Lily was cut mainly, it seems to me, because they had to cut somebody to get down to 36, but I think of the TCCs left, I agreed with that cut. I often thought she held her head or posture a bit awkwardly, she didn't always realize she was making mistakes, and sometimes was off beat. So, she was the weakest of the strongest 37 left. I say 37, because she was heads and shoulders above Malena, who really should have been gone weeks earlier IMO. I was fine with both cuts last season, but as I posted earlier, since they've both made it this far into their 2nd TC, I'm hoping for their sakes they aren't among the last 3 ladies cut from camp.

Edited by M1977G
Clarity
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Erinbridget said:

I’m going off of what was said by K & J in the “Making The Team Moments” video that was just posted from the DCC Making The Team account, haha. 

Was this before or after they said 400 girls tried out🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Squeek said:

Rookies:

tcc6.png

Every time this graphic comes up, I count the red x’s and I always mistake Meredith’s top for an X.  🤣🤣🤣

Edited by ClosetDCCFan
54 minutes ago, Drogo said:

@hannahbanana has it right. 

The live chat is only open during the original Eastern time zone airing. 

So, if episode 3 is playing (I'm central time zone), and we are all giving someone grief as it plays, and some of us "know" this person gets cut that episode, can we say "no wonder she got cut" before Shelli says "you're out of here?"
"

26 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Kristin was cut last year because she was an inconsistent performer who often looked sleepy and therefore low-energy.

Kristen told them she was exhausted from working all day and then trying to find time to practice.  So as her reward for holding down a full time job she  was cut.  Well that was catty to say but I felt bad for her.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Last year, someone on this forum helped me to name ALL of the finalists, but I can't remember who it was!  To my fellow "super sleuth:"  I'm missing 8 names and I'm wondering if you can help...  TIA

Perhaps message @sleepyjean ?  She's definitely one of the board's super sleuths.  

• Love 1