Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Based on this, here's an updated TCC grid.

rookie candidates_tootie 6.22.19.jpeg

I’m surprised at Lauren Ligon being cut, makes me wonder why. Wonder if it was her look or what. I wouldn’t think her dance ability or definitely not her kicks. Ranger lieutenant is pretty much cream of the crop 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Monique said:

Do we know who everyone’s booty buddy is? Also how are boot buddies determined, like some people have 2 and some 1?

There are some we don’t know !! And I think they were doing it with some having two was bc there are More vets then rookies 

27 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

Which vets had Lauren and Bret as boot buddies? I feel Iike we saw pics with both of them with their boot buddies but now I can’t remember who it was. Anyone know? 

Bret and Lauren's boot buddies:

bret boot buddies.jpg

lauren boot buddies.jpg

• Useful 1

With Lauren I’m gonna guess it was a “uniform is unforgiving” kind of thing. She looks soft. I vaguely remember from what I saw of prelims thinking she could dance. Haven’t seen Bret dance, but she’s cute. 

Lauren made have been a look thing. She has a butter face, but I appreciated that she didn't do the glitzy try out outfit.

Bret looks really young; so do some other vets, but it could explain her cut. 

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Lauren made have been a look thing. She has a butter face, but I appreciated that she didn't do the glitzy try out outfit.

Bret looks really young; so do some other vets, but it could explain her cut. 

I’m not sure I’d call Lauren a butter face, but she does look kind of doll-like, or a little kid. Also she’s shorter so I’m not sure how her proportions worked with the uniform. Probably a combo of the two things. I don’t think she’d have any dance problems.

Bret has a pretty face but I don’t know what her dancing is like.

• Love 3

On the sheet I use, it says Bret was a 49s cheerleader, but in the boot buddies picture she looks like a teenager.  Does anyone know how old she is?  She looks very young, cute and fresh-faced in that picture.

CE286038-5533-4B64-B6F5-9C593C22D5A8.jpeg

6 hours ago, serenemiss said:

I’m not sure I’d call Lauren a butter face

That's certainly not a term I'd use.  I think she looks a lot like current Bachelorette Hannah.

• Love 8

So what happens to the vets who lose a boot buddy from a cut? Do they get reassigned to someone else or go without one? Doesn’t seem like an efficient way of doing it. On our dance team, big sis/little sis wasn’t assigned until the team was official. I also wonder why Victoria has one boot buddy (Brennan) and almost everyone else I’ve seen has 2. 

2 hours ago, Kimrs said:

On the sheet I use, it says Bret was a 49s cheerleader, but in the boot buddies picture she looks like a teenager.  Does anyone know how old she is?  She looks very young, cute and fresh-faced in that picture.

Bret cheered for the 49ers for two years. Before that she was a Utah Jazz dancer in the NBA like Tasha. I can’t remember how many years she was on the Jazz dance team off hand. She’s probably older than we are thinking she is. I thought she was a shoo-in. Lauren is adorable, but some of her pictures just aren’t flattering. She kind of reminds me of a former Miss Georgia, Carly Mathis.

• Love 4
(edited)

My guess would be the boot buddy is like a sorority thing where you have your family tree of big/little sis. Who was Brennan’s boot buddy last year? If that girl retired that makes sense why she is by herself with VK.

Was Lexie Madeline’s boot buddy last year? That’s how I think it works.

Edited to ask @ShellyB how are the boot buddies assigned where some have one and another has 2? What happens when the buddy is cut?

Edited by NotthebadVictoria
  • Love 3
(edited)

I suspect that Kelli and Judy are finally realizing that waiting until the end to make cuts just prolongs the agony. Last season Judy seemed surprised to realize that the long process was causing the girls major stress. Hopefully they have taken that to heart this year and that explains why we already have four cuts. I would love to see the last five happen in the next few weeks and have the team announced a full month before the first game.

Lauren's pedigree seems good on paper, but the skills don't automatically translate. Rangerettes can kick, but their drill style is kind of stiff. Showgirls, don't even get me started. While there are some excellent dancers in that group, many if not most of the girls can't dance at all and the choreography is designed for a group of girls with zero dance skills. Watch any video, it's all stomp stomp stomp, wave your poms around, hair flip, drop to your knees, wave your poms around, stomp stomp stomp. Ugh they suck so bad. The good dancers' skills are utterly wasted and that probably hurts them when they have to compete against dancers who have relevant experience.

Edited by Law Mom
I'm the worst typist ever
  • Love 1
Just now, Law Mom said:

I suspect that Kelli and Judy and finally realizing that waiting until the end to make cuts just prolongs the agony. Last season Judy seemed surprised to realize that the long process was causing the girls major stress. Hopefully they have taken that to heart this year and that explains who we already have four cuts. I would love to see the last five happen in the next few weeks and have the team announced a full month before the first game.

Lauren's pedigree seems good on paper, but the skills don't automatically translate. Rangerettes can kick, but their drill style is kind of stiff. Showgirls, don't even get me started. While there are some excellent dancers in that group, many if not most of the girls can't dance at all and the choreography is designed for a group of girls with zero dance skills. Watch any video, it's all stomp stomp stomp, wave your poms around, hair flip, drop to your knees, wave your poms around, stomp stomp stomp. Ugh they suck so bad. The good dancers' skills are utterly wasted and that probably hurts them when they have to compete against dancers who have relevant experience.

Honestly if They wanted to they could have the team set before leaving for Oxnard !! Give the rookies more time to get settled into being on the team 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Honestly if They wanted to they could have the team set before leaving for Oxnard !! Give the rookies more time to get settled into being on the team 

Of course they could! Most auditions for teams, dance troupes, musicals, etc. take place in a few days. They could easily choose the team in two weekends, then have a summer of rehearsals full of learning and bonding, and without the toxicity of internal competition and nine swords hanging over people's heads. It would be healthier for the girls individually and for the team as a whole.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Kimrs said:

So we have to lose up to 5 more candidates, assuming we don't get a token Vet cut. 

My ideal cuts:

1. Victoria Kalina

2. Kristen Dodd

3. Meredith Madden

4. Taylor P.

5. Shaina Grace

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Loves2Dance said:

So we have to lose up to 5 more candidates, assuming we don't get a token Vet cut. 

My ideal cuts:

1. Victoria Kalina

2. Kristen Dodd

3. Meredith Madden

4. Taylor P.

5. Shaina Grace

It's already been stated Kristen is well liked this year and it's obvious Vic is in unless she does something really bad.  I seriously doubt Vic will be cut.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

With all this talk about who will be point....my theory is that attention thirsty Tina Kalina will just run out on field during pregrame and be the point.

Sidenote...am i the only one who feels like Hannah isnt attractive?

So I think Hannah is gorgeous, but I think I have pinpointed what's going on in recent photos, and it's eyebrows.  In TC her eyebrows basically matched her hair color and weren't obnoxious, but now that they're so dark and severe, they just end up giving her an angry look.  And to me it is taking away from her natural beauty.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, go4luca said:

It's already been stated Kristen is well liked this year and it's obvious Vic is in unless she does something really bad.  I seriously doubt Vic will be cut.

I don't care if Kristen is well liked, she isn't high on my list. 

And while Vikkie may not be cut, I said it was my ideal cuts---not necessarily who will go. 

• Love 7

So I’ve been thinking (far too much) about the remaining cuts. I think they probably are all good dancers at this point, so I think the cuts are likely to be based mostly on looks (or diversity, aka hair color because they suck). I think they won’t cut Victoria, unless she’s gained a shit ton of weight and hasn’t at least pretended to mature), so she’s safe. I think Kat, Alexandra, Chandi, and maybe Shaina are safe for that reason (but maybe not, they do already have some redheads {🙄to that being diversity}). I think they’ll likely cut Madeline, Amanda, and Taylor, because they all fill “slots” they already have someone for (if you count Amanda looking kinda like Victoria). They might cut Meredith because although she’s a brunette with pretty eyes, they have Alexis for that.  That leaves one generic brunette. I would say Kristen based on how she looked at tryouts, but if she’s liked, I’ll probably go with Lisa, only because her look in some pictures is kind of severe and I like Kelcey better than her, based on very little though. 

1 hour ago, Law Mom said:

I suspect that Kelli and Judy and finally realizing that waiting until the end to make cuts just prolongs the agony. Last season Judy seemed surprised to realize that the long process was causing the girls major stress. Hopefully they have taken that to heart this year and that explains who we already have four cuts. I would love to see the last five happen in the next few weeks and have the team announced a full month before the first game.

Completely agree with your assessment of showgirls. They have too many resources to be so lackluster.

Don’t hold your breath regarding naming the team earlier. I’ve seen their schedule and they still have episodes to film in July/August, but they will probably start cutting only one vs two for the rest of the summer.

• Love 2

I like Meredith and hope they keep her, I think the squad could use an infusion of maturity and she gives off that vibe to me. 

I think if they cur Gabby for weight, then Kristen should be gone, too - she looked fluffy at auditions. 

• Love 11
50 minutes ago, Lunacat said:

I like Meredith and hope they keep her, I think the squad could use an infusion of maturity and she gives off that vibe to me. 

I think if they cur Gabby for weight, then Kristen should be gone, too - she looked fluffy at auditions. 

I agree on Kristen.  I also thought she looked fluffy, especially compared to last season ( which I just watched again this week for comparisons).

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Jessa0984 said:

Bret cheered for the 49ers for two years. Before that she was a Utah Jazz dancer in the NBA like Tasha. I can’t remember how many years she was on the Jazz dance team off hand. She’s probably older than we are thinking she is. I thought she was a shoo-in. Lauren is adorable, but some of her pictures just aren’t flattering. She kind of reminds me of a former Miss Georgia, Carly Mathis.

Thank you 🙂

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, Jessa0984 said:

Bret cheered for the 49ers for two years. Before that she was a Utah Jazz dancer in the NBA like Tasha. I can’t remember how many years she was on the Jazz dance team off hand. She’s probably older than we are thinking she is.

One season as a Jazz Dancer, 2015-16. She was 21, so she'd be 25 now.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, DALLAS8 said:

Im thinking on the girls we lost this year.

Lacey - Great dancer from the jump. Show Group 5 times, Group Leader, Pro Bowler..That will be a big spot to fill or look for. I look at like Amanda/Kat/Meredith based off looks and hopefully dance

Kashara - A fan favorite who added a lot of "personality" to the group. However, since Kashara bothered me as much as Victoria does to many here..the irony of her making it will crack me up and she will def fill that vapid role imo.

Lauren - Another fan favorite who I think had memory problems, but followed through to become a good performer and had insane abs. Imo a blender so anyone could fill her spot to me...I would forget she was on the squad at times. - Any of the rookies that can dance.

Yuko - Light and cute dancer with the "diversity" sticker on her forehead any of the "diverse" girls could fill her spot as well as a consistent dancer. - Kat, Alexandra, Chandi etc.

Gabby - A one year rookie who also brought a "diverse" look and style so I'm looking at Kat, Alexandra, and Chandi.

Kelly - Good dancer, forgettable. Blonde - Taylor/The Blonde next to Kat on the chart looks kind of like her, but any of the tiny blondes would do. - Lily also could fill this spot.

Jessika - Cute but out of all the retiring vets this year the most forgettable/blender. - Kristin/Kelcey could take this spot and hopefully make a mark where Jessika didnt.

Tasha - A girl that I think people either liked or didnt. She was a good dancer and I felt brought a level of maturity that this squad needed. So would have to see how these rookies are. Based off looks - The Blonde next to Kat on the chart, Chandi, Kristin, Lily...idk Tasha to me a DCC enigma sometimes she would shine and then other times it was like oh there is Tasha. 

Khalyn - Loved her, her first year she wasnt as utilized as she should have been and I think this could have been her superior year. Anyways another girl  for the "diversity and great dancer category" like Jacie, Nicole H., Ashton, Jessica Maria. - Kat & Chandi because we need some more color in this squad.

I didnt realize we lost so many girls of diversity/color this season. 

Lacey, Yuko, Khalyn, Jessika, Gabby 

Sorry if I'm being daft...how did we lose diversity with Jessika? 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

Who were the most recent TCU Showgirls to make the team?! Not going to lie, I was sad for Lindsay last year & I’m sad for Lauren this year. 

I'm pretty sure Gina was a TCU Showgirl. 

(edited)
12 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I'm pretty sure Gina was a TCU Showgirl. 

No, her sister was. Gina went to school in California.  (Cal-Poly, I believe.)

Emma was a Showgirl (Rangerette, too)  I can't think of anyone after her...

ETA: Kelsey Bond and Jordan Daigle were Showgirls...

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 3
On 6/22/2019 at 11:38 AM, sleepyjean said:

Very interesting. Thank you for the insight. It doesn't sound like it's an official thing, just more of a "go-to" girl that emerges naturally.

Exactly! 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

My guess would be the boot buddy is like a sorority thing where you have your family tree of big/little sis. Who was Brennan’s boot buddy last year? If that girl retired that makes sense why she is by herself with VK.

Was Lexie Madeline’s boot buddy last year? That’s how I think it works.

Edited to ask @ShellyB how are the boot buddies assigned where some have one and another has 2? What happens when the buddy is cut?

Vets pick the boot buddies themselves, probably by seniority. Some are sharing a boot buddy, as there are more Bets than TCC. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
Just now, DALLAS8 said:

No disrecpect, since your the shellyB of the Dccs what do you mean by "probably"....Wouldn't you know yes or no...smh

No, I don’t...they do it on their own at the start of training camp on their own time. Believe it or not, the girls come up with traditions on their own and are not spoon fed every aspect of DCC. Boot Buddies originated from an idea in EOY meetings.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 20
2 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Not a lot really. But, Big Sis/Lil Sis was very understated for a while. TCCs naturally gravitated towards a Vet that they could learn from. Boot Buddies brings back the mentoring concept, goes beyond the studio and allows for different connections to be made. If you could see the locker room since Boot Buddies started, you’d see all the notes of encouragement and treats that they exchange daily that last through the entire season. 

Maybe Courtney could post something about it on social media---to give an insiders look. Perhaps the fans would understand it a little more beyond the clique sorority vibe. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Not a lot really. But, Big Sis/Lil Sis was very understated for a while. TCCs naturally gravitated towards a Vet that they could learn from. Boot Buddies brings back the mentoring concept, goes beyond the studio and allows for different connections to be made. If you could see the locker room since Boot Buddies started, you’d see all the notes of encouragement and treats that they exchange daily that last through the entire season. 

So, Boot Buddies would be more of a "friend", while a GL would be more of a "friendly boss"?

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, DALLAS8 said:

Hmmmm so they never have told you how they came up with it though.

She said it was something they came up with on their own & do it on their own at the beginning of training camp. Shelly is an associate choreographer/events coordinator, why would they tell her how they choose/decide on boot buddies unless it was something she specifically asked them (which she apparently hasn't)?

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Maybe Courtney could post something about it on social media---to give an insiders look. Perhaps the fans would understand it a little more beyond the clique sorority vibe. 

Courtney has moved on from the Cowboys. I’ll see if the social department  can do a locker room tour. 

• Love 21
On 6/21/2019 at 10:42 PM, Agent Gully said:

Random thoughts and a question.....

I think perhaps 1% of folks here personally know any of the gals (I don't know any myself), but those who do have reported that Christina (full disclosure: my personal favorite DCC) and Gina are well liked by their peers and are very personable and kind ladies. I hope the show this year spends a bit of time letting us really get to know the rookie candidates and not spend eons on any one person.

I hope they show the "etiquette lunch" again this year. I always find it so entertaining to see the gals' reactions to some of the items on the menu.

Question...has anyone ever been cut from training camp after being selected as a team leader or second leader? (Aside from the Erica situation)?

What was the Erica situation?

56 minutes ago, DALLAS8 said:

Hmmmm so they never have told you how they came up with it though.

No...it literally was a discussion in an EOY meeting with K & J with one of the girls. The next season It began. It sounds like something Amy would come up with since her studio does something similar. Would you like for me to ask? 

• Love 9