Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Keep in mind each girl's look is overseen by Kelli.  I hope Kelli will see it's not doing Gina any favors and allow her to get some hair intervention.

I hope so too! Last year we were all freaking out about Jalyn's burgundy hair and she was "made-over" to assist in her becoming her rookie rock star self (and future triangle position) so hopefully Gina gets the same consideration to fix her hair and tone down some of the criticism to her becoming point.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, PattiD4DCC said:

I hope so too! Last year we were all freaking out about Jalyn's burgundy hair and she was "made-over" to assist in her becoming her rookie rock star self (and future triangle position) so hopefully Gina gets the same consideration to fix her hair and tone down some of the criticism to her becoming point.

Kelli is stuck in the 80s, though. So cross your fingers.

The white blonde thing Gina is sporting is really in right now. Blame it on Daenerys Targaryen. I asked the guy who does mine and he said people ask for it daily and get mad when they find out it takes multiple trips and lots of money 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Jennv said:

The white blonde thing Gina is sporting is really in right now. Blame it on Daenerys Targaryen. I asked the guy who does mine and he said people ask for it daily and get mad when they find out it takes multiple trips and lots of money 

You know I'm team Gina, but if the color has to stay, then she needs a new cut and style, 'cause her head is looking all dragon burnt at this point. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Possibly but I doubt they will pass up showing that on the show.  Even if they prefer it wasn't discussed ahead of time, it's still my personal take.  Where I can see it possibly being a problem is how so many jumped to conclusions and misstated what she originally posted and hence spread rumors that Gabby was late, when she was not.

I accept I seem to be the only one feeling as I do and that's all good.

No I agree, I think what she shared is as much as girls who were former DCCs have shared in podcasts (Milan/Kelsey Bond) or on youtube (Kelsey Lowrance). It shouldn't have had an impact on her audition at all and there's a good reason to say that it didn't affect her. We'll have to see if she decides to really share if they told her anything or if the show will give us insight.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Just putting it out there, for those of us with curls, we don't wear our hair, our hair wears us, and sometimes we look like "poodles."  When I was in 7th grade some kids followed me down the hall in school barking at me calling me a poodle, so I'm a little sensitive.

That's no lie. Any time someone asks me about my hair I tell them the style is "it does what it wants".

I like Maddie. I liked Maddie her first TCC and was so proud of how she grew from that season to making the team. I think she has the leadership skills that the squad desperately needs.

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, PattiD4DCC said:

You know I'm team Gina, but if the color has to stay, then she needs a new cut and style, 'cause her head is looking all dragon burnt at this point. 

Agree.  It looks like fried straw needing a serious keratin Olaplex whatchamacallit divine intervention conditioning.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Here's one cameo that tipped us off how bad they were last year.  Not only does this age Tasha 10+ years, it doesn't even look like her.  I hope they aren't using this photographer again.  These are beautiful women.  They don't deserve this.

Tasha_Compare.thumb.jpg.d5459ad465e9a1aac2a0a0f040cfac80.jpg

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Haven’t they been using the same photographer for cameos and squad photos for years? I don’t think the harsh make-up helps sometimes either. 

I thought I read somewhere that this past year, they used the son of their usual but I def could be remembering incorrectly.

I believe the cameo and squad photographer is the son of the man that did great photos for years.    However, there is apparently a learning curve in lighting, and poses for cameos, and they simply aren't very good now, in my opinion.    I keep hoping they'll get someone else, because Kelli does consider if a candidate is photogenic or not, and that can be a deal breaker apparently.      

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

I like Miranda and I would pay money to look like her! But when compared to the others who auditioned -she is much less toned and older looking. It's just so interesting the things Kelli and Judy are willing to overlook in some girls - when they cut others. That can be applied to a lot of situations. Not here to pick her apart in any mean way - just more observational. I also love that she has brains!

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 3.40.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 3.41.55 PM.png

I thought Miranda looked amazing at tryouts!

Image-1-5.jpg

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I’m just going to say it, I don’t get all the Bridget and Caroline love. Bridget is cute, but her figure is so boxy she looks masculine to me, and Caroline is cute too, but just screams “BASIC” to me. 

I used to be in this camp. But the clip I saw of Bridget's solo was so spunky I now like her again. She's got a lot of  spirit and great musciality  in that little boxy frame.  And Caroline was my least favorite rookie last year -but I am now seeing such gorgeous pictures of her. She is very photogenic - just leaps across the screen and seems likable. Her only problem as I see it now, is that she tucks her chin when she's dancing. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I'm sorry, didn't mean to offend in any way! I think Maddie's curls can be fixed, that's my issue. 

I agree. I have not been a fan of her hair all season and now. I really liked her hair the first year she made it. It softened her. She has such a sweet personality and smile, her hair should match it.

4 minutes ago, YellowRose said:

I thought Miranda looked amazing at tryouts!

Image-1-5.jpg

I always thought her hairstyle was out of date ... I think she had mentioned all the women in her family basically had the same style and never cut the length ... last season Kitty called her grandma moses and compared to the rest she does  ... I think she needed an updated do and when Kelly asked to see her hair she started to cry !!

2 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

I agree. I have not been a fan of her hair all season and now. I really liked her hair the first year she made it. It softened her. She has such a sweet personality and smile, her hair should match it.

I also like her haircut her comeback season .. the length looks weighed down... but I am a big Maddie fan .  She seems sweet and genuine 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, YellowRose said:

I might be off topic...but someone mentioned this dress earlier.

I think this dress should go into the Smithsonian along with the DCC uniforms. lol

(Honestly, I admire the girls for not running out and buying a new outfit every time they are on camera- good for them!)

IMG_8347.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 3.38.11 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 3.30.16 PM.jpg

IMG_8346.jpg

I'm starting to think they keep a closet of Belk clothes for the girls to wear that is Kelli approved LOL!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Look at Heather's stomach in the second pic.  A bad angle, a wrong time to exhale, whatever.  I just find it hard to judge some of these girls from a still photo.

Also, I think when a girl starves for calendar shoot, her body holds on to calories afterwards cause it thinks it will get starved again.  Some may stay on their "calendar" diet to get thru auditions.  As long as everyone looks "uniform ready" and is healthy for TC.  Like Miranda said on a podcast, it's weeks of eating whatever you want and still losing weight cause you are dancing so much.

3 hours ago, BringItOn said:

I empathize with you. I have Molly type hair. I was super sensitive when they called her hair sweaty and stringy.

Count me in to the "hair issues" club! I have always had super, super thick hair. Any time I go to a new salon, they make a huge deal out of it and all of them have to come and feel it and touch it. Layers makes it look even thicker (and I have a slight natural wave/curl) and I can totally relate to Miranda. I can spend forever with a curling iron and hair spray (or I used to before I decided let it do what it wants, I can always put it up in a pony tail) and within an hour it's back exactly the way it was before I wasted time on it. 

Gina is in desperate need of hair help. She needs some serious low lights and I think a cut like Amy's would look much better and healthier for her. Now I am Marshall's Number 1 fan, but maybe he isn't making the best choices for some of these women. Savannah's hair....ugh. I also have red hair (yeah I got it all lol) but her's is mousy and dull. It washes her out, and it emphasizes her horse face. I have never been team Savannah, I don't think she can dance and she is far from pretty, she's average looking at best. Interestingly, the guys I've forced to watch this show with me all say the same thing. I like Maddie's curls, but they are a bit too heavy for her right now, I think she needs some highlights and a good trim. She also appears very untoned to me, but then again, a LOT a the vets did this year. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

Loose lips sinks ships...imo, Tiffany's oversharing of the process is what did her in. Without her we wouldn't have known about the late candidate to the interview. 

I had mentioned the "loose lips" possibility earlier on this thread because a former DCC did a podcast and talked about what went on behind the scenes.  I had just wondered how much patience K&J would have for things being talked about that they didn't ok.

1 hour ago, ThreaLevelMidnight said:

Finally caught up - it seems a lot of people like VK now!

Really??  I don't see a change - posters who have always liked her and defended her still do.  Those who don't think too much of her still don't.  I think you might just see more people willing to give her a chance, but I think at the first hint of trouble...….that will be it.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I used to be in this camp. But the clip I saw of Bridget's solo was so spunky I now like her again. She's got a lot of  spirit and great musciality  in that little boxy frame.  And Caroline was my least favorite rookie last year -but I am now seeing such gorgeous pictures of her. She is very photogenic - just leaps across the screen and seems likable. Her only problem as I see it now, is that she tucks her chin when she's dancing. 

It took me a minute too. Bridget just looks like she is having so much fun and makes it look effortless like my all time fave fan girl crush Crystal Trevino. 

Caroline’s look is basic as vanilla pudding but nothing wrong with her. She can’t help how Baby Jesus made her. Lol. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I believe the cameo and squad photographer is the son of the man that did great photos for years.    However, there is apparently a learning curve in lighting, and poses for cameos, and they simply aren't very good now, in my opinion.    I keep hoping they'll get someone else, because Kelli does consider if a candidate is photogenic or not, and that can be a deal breaker apparently.      

I have to wonder, out of all the many, many cameos taken of each woman, THIS is the best one? That falls to K&J, not the photographer. 

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, lah715 said:

I'm starting to think they keep a closet of Belk clothes for the girls to wear that is Kelli approved LOL!!

Y’all know I’m not impressed by Savannah but she is the only one who fills out that dress right.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, nrskim said:

Count me in to the "hair issues" club! I have always had super, super thick hair. Any time I go to a new salon, they make a huge deal out of it and all of them have to come and feel it and touch it. Layers makes it look even thicker (and I have a slight natural wave/curl) and I can totally relate to Miranda. I can spend forever with a curling iron and hair spray (or I used to before I decided let it do what it wants, I can always put it up in a pony tail) and within an hour it's back exactly the way it was before I wasted time on it. 

The issue with Miranda’s hair is that most of the thickness isn’t natural if I remember correctly. Her rookie year they removed a bunch of extensions from her hair and it looked significantly better but it’s pretty clear that she eventually went back and got most if not all of them put back in. Thick hair looks gorgeous IMO, but super thick hair extensions usually don’t, particularly if you’re slinging them around. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, YellowRose said:

I might be off topic...but someone mentioned this dress earlier.

I think this dress should go into the Smithsonian along with the DCC uniforms. lol

(Honestly, I admire the girls for not running out and buying a new outfit every time they are on camera- good for them!)

IMG_8347.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 3.38.11 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 3.30.16 PM.jpg

IMG_8346.jpg

The issue with this dress isn’t that they share it, the problems are that a: it’s ugly and b: it’s a cut/fabric that doesn’t really lend itself to sharing because it should really be tailored to the body to have any chance of looking decent. Yes they are all clearly the same size, but their curves are not identical. If they want to share clothes they should get something with a little bit more stretch to it so that it will actually fit everybody or get styles that aren’t meant to be more form-fitting. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

IMO if she likes her hair long, the only thing she needs to do is get some layers to take some  of the bulk out at the bottom, because she does have very thick hair.

I have super curly hair and layers are NOT my friend!!!  I have a picture when I was little where I legit look like Roseann Roseannadanna.  🤣  At least for me, length (and the right product) helps weigh down the curls so they’re not as tight.  Otherwise, the shorter the hair, the tighter the curl.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, lizzi6692 said:

The issue with this dress isn’t that they share it, the problems are that a: it’s ugly and b: it’s a cut/fabric that doesn’t really lend itself to sharing because it should really be tailored to the body to have any chance of looking decent. Yes they are all clearly the same size, but their curves are not identical. If they want to share clothes they should get something with a little bit more stretch to it so that it will actually fit everybody or get styles that aren’t meant to be more form-fitting. 

Yeah those sleeves make me puke 

• LOL 1
44 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

It took me a minute too. Bridget just looks like she is having so much fun and makes it look effortless like my all time fave fan girl crush Crystal Trevino. 

Caroline’s look is basic as vanilla pudding but nothing wrong with her. She can’t help how Baby Jesus made her. Lol. 

I have Kelli's favoritism goggles on when it comes to Bridge. She is the type of performer that makes my unhappy go away. I don't care how she looks. Like Kashara, who wasn't physically perfect but she knew how to get the party started.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, PattiD4DCC said:

The actress Emilia Clark wore a wig. BTW.

• Love 1

I think Tiffany overshared, stomped like a pony in her solo (based on the video with the same lasso move repeated a few times), and wasn't as impressive as her outfit. YMMV

Bring on TC news! 

And someone needs to burn that dress with the pink bow.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

it's amazing what completely different things i've been told about most of the girls you've mentioned from people who also know them/cheer with them/etc.! Goes to show you have to take everything with a grain of salt unless you yourself legit spend quality time with them.  (I'm saying that for myself more than anyone!)

And she's still orange lol but Rachel W without make up for those who are curious (I don't think her account is private...) 

She's the same color as the swap she's floating in. And her teeth are glow in the day.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

And someone needs to burn that dress with the pink bow.

I'm waiting to see if they dye it a different color after they have all worn it.

Are K&J at the CMT awards?  Maybe they will have Shelly run TC tonight if so.  Too bad they don't put some video on social media so we can get an idea of how girls are doing.  Doesn't have to be a lot - can do little snippets.  

1 minute ago, BringItOn said:

And her teeth are glow in the day.

She's not like Ross on Friends yet:)

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

Just putting it out there, for those of us with curls, we don't wear our hair, our hair wears us, and sometimes we look like "poodles."  When I was in 7th grade some kids followed me down the hall in school barking at me calling me a poodle, so I'm a little sensitive.

Truth!  One day I’m sporting an envy worthy beautiful beach wave and...later that same day I’m a poodle.  Or a mop.  It’s not up to me or my carefully crafted mix of hair care products.  It’s humidity and how big a sense of humor the universe has that day.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Never mind, answered my own question.

Talk about mustard😂

Is Kelli sunburned around the cleavage? Her chest is red and then she has a white tan/burn line you can see from space? Yikes.....Makes me hurt just looking at it.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ThreaLevelMidnight said:

Finally caught up - it seems a lot of people like VK now!

Someone mentioned the VK hate is just because we’ve all had experiences with nepotism. I respectfully disagree, I don’t hate her for the nepotism, as that’s not her fault. I dislike her for the 52,747 other things she has done, that she was completely in control over. All the sucking up to vets she does (while totally ignoring the TCCs), the straight up lying, that bullcrap she pulled with Jinelle, ignoring the constructive dance criticism by refusing to do anything but lyrical, forcing herself front and center at all times, her gut overhang, her desperate thirstiness, her manipulative information spreading behind the scenes, her awful AWFUL “Dcc style” dancing, etc. 

Side note: Haley Anderson looks perfectly fine. 

I don’t want to run out of snark before the show airs so I’m saving up my VK comments 🤭😜

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Plamena said:

Is Kelli sunburned around the cleavage? Her chest is red and then she has a white tan/burn line you can see from space? Yikes.....Makes me hurt just looking at it.

Can someone post a pic of Cameron's neighbor from Something About Mary?!

• LOL 2
(edited)
14 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Never mind, answered my own question.

Talk about mustard😂

Blonde Judy is trying to hard to be an edgy grandma. The Southern Victorian Goth look looks ridiculous on her.

Edited by BringItOn
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

I’m really hoping Alexis doesn’t become point. Nothing against her. But in that media day Instagram vid my eyes kept going to Gina. And I’m just a firm believer that the best dancer should be point. I really think know one comes close to her. Best power and technique combo. 

• Love 10
(edited)
14 minutes ago, ThreaLevelMidnight said:

Jesus take the wheel, that is the most unflattering dress I’ve ever seen.

LMAO! Which one?

Edited by BringItOn
Can't type because I'm laughing too hard
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I like Miranda and I would pay money to look like her! But when compared to the others who auditioned -she is much less toned and older looking. It's just so interesting the things Kelli and Judy are willing to overlook in some girls - when they cut others. That can be applied to a lot of situations. Not here to pick her apart in any mean way - just more observational. I also love that she has brains!

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 3.40.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 3.41.55 PM.png

I love Miranda! I think she has a beautiful figure, but she is not DCC tone in these pictures. I’m ok with it but the standard has to be the same for everyone. I can’t tell if she has highlights or what, but there are lighter strands of hair on her head that in certain lighting produces almost a graying affect... apparently the term for that is “sallows skin.” I don’t know what it is, but that’s what makes her look older. It just doesn’t look youthful. 

Miranda and VK are both aged by their lipstick choices too. They need to stay away from the rosy reds and find some neutral pinks. The second problem they share is porous hair. Their hair sucks up humidity really well, it actually means it’s healthy, but it also means they need to invest in better products to hold their style, and smoothing agents for at home haircare. I’m betting VK at least buys her products at the drug store, based on the mascara tears from last year. That’s not gonna cut it. Some girls are blessed with easy hair and the rest of us gotta invest to look our best.

Edited by loveanddcc
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

I have super curly hair and layers are NOT my friend!!!  I have a picture when I was little where I legit look like Roseann Roseannadanna.  🤣  At least for me, length (and the right product) helps weigh down the curls so they’re not as tight.  Otherwise, the shorter the hair, the tighter the curl.  

I guess it depends on your hair's texture.  I get a "carve and slice" cut, so not really "layers" per se but "layers" LOL.  That does wonders to take out my"bottom of hair" bulk (like poor ol' Roseanne has), which is what I think Maddie could use, because to me it looks like it's a little bottom-heavy and triangulat.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, DCCme said:

It’s humidity and how big a sense of humor  much the universe has hates me that day.

Fixed that for ya 🙂

15 minutes ago, loveanddcc said:

Their hair sucks up humidity really well, it actually means it’s healthy, but it also means they need to invest in better products to hold their style, and smoothing agents for at home haircare.

Porous hair typically means it's damaged, which theirs probably is from heat/chemicals.

I guess it's official, I like the red dress with the pink bow.  Maybe it can be its own character on the show 🙂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

Fixed that for ya 🙂

Porous hair typically means it's damaged, which theirs probably is from heat/chemicals.

I guess it's official, I like the red dress with the pink bow.  Maybe it can be its own character on the show 🙂

Really? My mom just did some test and was all sad that her hair didn’t soak up enough water. She said that means she’s old.

Edited by loveanddcc