Type keyword(s) to search

Future Co-Hosts Talk and Speculation: Musical Chairs

mtlchick
  • Start Topic

Cohosts shrilly spouting talking points and unsubstantiated "facts" don't make for good discussions and is a waste of the viewers time.

Exactly. I never watched Wallace on MSNBC, but the one time she was on Real Time With Bill Maher, last month, I think, I just wanted someone to put a muzzle on her, she kept repeating the same nonsense over and over again and couldn't make a single coherent argument or statement.

• Love 4

I would think that two heavyweights like Rosie and Whoopi would want others on the panel to have some credentials to merit their selection and maybe even note total unknowns. I would love to see the panel have someone with expertise in law and in journalism. That balance seemed to work best in the past and gave discussions some interest. Cohosts shrilly spouting talking points and unsubstantiated "facts" don't make for good discussions and is a waste of the viewers time.

With the change of executive producer as well as most of the supporting crew.... not to mention on air personalities....... maybe the format of the show will change too.... more discussion and less *the loudest is the most right* attitude

• Love 1

I think they should ditch the couch and stick to the table. Just a little thing perhaps, but I think it makes a positive difference in appearance.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1

I couldn't disagree more. I am actually excited to see how the show shapes up; I deleted it off my DVR after Joy and Elisabeth left. I like the Maddow show so I'm happy with their choice in EP and hope that it leads to actual informative/fun segments (I always turned it off after hot topics), I'm glad they are going for relative unknowns with media experience and not tolerating bullshit conservative talking points just to fill a quota (I was scared it would be a bunch of comediennes or former sitcom stars in the running or someone like SE Cup; I've seen her "OUTRAGE" segments online and that's exactly what I hate about the right).

I remember Wallace said that during the debates Obama should be nicer to Mitt Romney since Romney has never been president before and there are just some things he doesn't understand... but (and I've never watched her on Morning Joe) she has always been relatively calm so I'm fine with her.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 2

Exactly. I never watched Wallace on MSNBC, but the one time she was on Real Time With Bill Maher, last month, I think, I just wanted someone to put a muzzle on her, she kept repeating the same nonsense over and over again and couldn't make a single coherent argument or statement.

I agree her performance on that particular episode of Real Time was not her best. She did resort to the tired old "well Obama's been in office for six years so why hasn't he done xx" BS a couple if times. But, she was also immediately and roundly mocked for it, and when pressed, she did clarify her comments in a more coherent way to the degree that Maher at least partially agreed with some of her clarified points. If you don't share her republican ideology then you're probably not going to love her no matter what she does, but I still think she is light years better than some FoxBot armed with nonsense talking points and a clear agenda or some fringy right wing extremist type with a nasty, superior attitude like SE Cupp. From what little I've seen of Nicole, she seems to be a genuinely nice, respectful person with a good sense of humor (unlike EH), and I suspect the panel would benefit from her much more positive energy than it would with another shrewish, self involved EH/SE Cupp type. YMMV

• Love 5

IMO there's misinformation out there. It wouldn't be above ABC to play this out in a way they get max' publicity.

ID thing Wallace will get the job for several reasons even though print media is saying she's the one.

I may be totally wrong but I see Hostin/Cupp getting the final two spots. IDK how old Cupp is but if she's U-32 that

could be a big plus for her.

One problem is I still don't see Rosie as one of four. She's probably paid three times as much as Whoopi and I would

expect her to get the biggest chunk of voice time whether she's Mod' or not.  So why not just give her that job too?

By the way one of the entertainment shows quoted an anonymous source as saying Whoopi claimed she had to work the last two

years with "... cranky 85-year-old woman who's
mad about everything."

• Love 1

If you don't share her republican ideology then you're probably not going to love her no matter what she does, but I still think she is light years better than some FoxBot armed with nonsense talking points and a clear agenda or some fringy right wing extremist type with a nasty, superior attitude like SE Cupp.

I have to agree that she is better than the FoxBots! I watched her about a year ago on Morning Joe and really started to dislike her. At that time, she just spouted the routine talking points and she wasn't confronted. I always had the feeling she had opinions that were more thoughtful. I hope that is the Nicole we see here, not the one that got her the nickname Cackles.

• Love 2

I think TMZ has a legit source at The View. I also think RadarOnline completely invents stories, so it depends.

I recently found out that RadarOnline is owned by the same people as the National Inquirer  - with the same questionnable stories and facts.

She's probably paid three times as much as Whoopi

She'll probably bring in three times the ratings as Whoopi.

expect her to get the biggest chunk of voice time whether she's Mod' or not.  So why not just give her that job too?

She probably doesn't want it.  If Rosie and Whoopi should ever argue behind the scenes about anything, I can actually see it going something like this:

Whoopi:  Can you please be the moderator? 

Rosie:     Nope.  Don't want it.  You're the moderator.

Whoopi:   It's become more work than I want to do.  I'd rather show up and pretend to look engaged, than actually have to be engaged.  You be the moderator.

Rosie:      Nope.  No, thanks.  Not what I signed on for this time. 

I hope Rosie does get an enormous chunk of voice time.  Her return is the reason for my return.

• Love 5

can't remember which show it was ET or maybe Insider??  Pretty sure ET.  But they did a story on the tryouts going on for the View slots…. one of the show's producers (that is, the ET show's producers) said she talked to one of the insiders on the  View who told her that SE Cupp blew it big time being a twit in a head-to-head with Whoopi.  They did say the front runner was Sunny Hostin.

They said something about Rosie but it was so fast I forget what is was.  Doh.

OH!! And they said Whoopi got in a dig about BaWa saying "I've worked with a cranky 85 year old the last couple years… I need a rest"

Edited by GoldDustWoman

Do Rosie fans here feel she is a team player- or is she best by herself?

Reading articles about her return- I am thinking she doesn't work well with others! She did best with her own show.

The View tries to reel in all the rumors about hiring: 

ABC spokesperson Lauri Hogan confirmed that candidates did screen tests with Whoopi Goldberg and Rosie O'Donnell on Thursday, but said, "No decisions have been made and there is nothing to announce at this time."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/08/view-rumors-new-co-host_n_5663270.html

Edited by springtime
  • Love 1

I'm not a Rosie "fan," but I'm certainly not against her.  She definitely does NOT play well with others.  Something in her life caused her to need to be in control...of everything and everyone.  I hope this show works for her...and for us, but I'm not counting on it.   I remember when she was "The Queen of Nice," and it was all just BS...that's PR in French.

• Love 5

Rosie definitely does not suffer fools lightly, but then, neither does Whoopi.  If everything is done professionally - which is at least now a possibility - I think they should be fine.

Ha!  Ya got an Aries with Rosie and a Scorpio with Whoopi.  Strong signs but most assuredly different.

• Love 4

Rosie definitely does not suffer fools lightly, but then, neither does Whoopi.  If everything is done professionally - which is at least now a possibility - I think they should be fine.

Whoopi is not Bitsy. Rosie has changed since the heart attack and was great when she was on in February. They should be fine.

• Love 2

sorry if someone already posted this, I'm trying to catch up here.  Anyway someone asked Rosie about Wallace on her blog, and Rosie said she likes Wallace.  Rosie said she is very intelligent.  So if Rosie has any say in who's being hired, I'd say be looking for Wallace to join.

I haven't seen any of the shows that she co-hosted on the View, in fact I had to google her name to see a pic.

I wouldn't say Rosie isn't a team player (excuse the double negative). The only bad thing I've ever heard about her was in regards to her stint on The View, which we all know was overblown because of the post-9/11 hysteria (and partly because she was a lesbian, too... That's just my opinion). I don't even remember her having a problem with anyone besides Elisabeth/Barbara/Geddie, which was more because she felt they'd played a game of gotcha with her. I don't blame her at all for not wanting to work with another troll like Elisabeth; if she is coming back, it's reasonable she not doesn't want to play that game again, I think. I would say Elisabeth, Barbara, Sherri, and Whoopi aren't 100% team players either, if we're being honest.

I'm glad she's more approving of Wallace. Like someone else said, of course I don't really agree with any of them, and I don't know anything about any of them besides what they've shown of themselves onthis show either, but Wallace definitely looks to be the best of them. I think it helps that she's older--the young conservatives are particularly aggressive and nasty. The downside is that means the 4th host would have to be young--which may not be a downside since that puts Sunny out of the running (40+ for sure).

Edited by TheGreenKnight

Did anyone read the novel, "Little Pink Slips" by the former editor of McCall's.  It's the story of being the editor when a well-known showbiz woman ran roughshod over everyone at the magazine trying to make it her own.  Oprah had a successful magazine, so this TV-talk personality intended to have one too.  It paints that showbiz woman in a pretty poor light if I remember it.  

• Love 2

There are qualities that I like and appreciate about Rosie, but I also think she is highly unprofessional. Didn't she and her friend Janette draw mustaches on a poster on the way out of The View that day after the infamous split-screen incident? There were also numerous stories about her tumultuous time at the magazine, (which resulted in a lawsuit), and also the Broadway show she produced. I think she's too impulsive of a person and that's what gets her in a lot of trouble. She seems to have a history of storming off in a huff when she cant work with people. I think she would be horrible to work for, or with, and if anyone ever gets her mad, they better watch it. 

• Love 4

There are qualities that I like and appreciate about Rosie, but I also think she is highly unprofessional. Didn't she and her friend Janette draw mustaches on a poster on the way out of The View that day after the infamous split-screen incident? There were also numerous stories about her tumultuous time at the magazine, (which resulted in a lawsuit), and also the Broadway show she produced. I think she's too impulsive of a person and that's what gets her in a lot of trouble. She seems to have a history of storming off in a huff when she cant work with people. I think she would be horrible to work for, or with, and if anyone ever gets her mad, they better watch it. 

Honestly, that's why I like Rosie. She's REAL. Barbara Walters is/was a brilliant woman, but she always struck me as being very much about image and prestige. Rosie has said this was a source of conflict, even before the incident with Hasselbeck. Barbara would always talk on air about how The View was "a family" and whatnot, but none of the panelists were very close, and Barbara didn't protect her employees when the chips were down. When Trump attacked Rosie and said some really nasty things about her, Barbara was (apparently) more concerned about protecting her relationship/friendship with him than standing up for Rosie.

She's also a phenomenal interviewer. Unlike Sherri or even Whoopi, who don't appear to do any prep-work before these interviews/Hot Topics, Rosie always has good questions to ask and genuinely seems interested in what guests have to say.

It does seem that she's mellowed out (and become humbled) after her heart attack and losing her show on Oprah's network. She filled in for Piers Morgan and Anderson and there were no reports of her having difficulty on either of those shows. I think if she comes back to the View, she'll be fine.

Edited by vanillamountain
  • Love 10

@vanillamountain while I agree with all of your points, I still think Rosie has a history of being impulsive, unprofessional, and difficult to work for or with. Viewing her as a "celebrity" we might think she's "real", especially compared to phony Babs, but as a colleague or boss, I'd prefer someone who can control themselves, remain professional, and be fair to and respectful of their co-workers and employees. 

I'm sure that with age and her life and work experiences in the last several years, she has mellowed somewhat, though.

I have to wonder now whether BW will be asked to fill in occasionally now that Bill Geddie is gone and BW is no longer a majority owner of The View.

I have a feeling Babs is history. And, that's a good thing in my opinion.

• Love 4

I find Rosie entertaining, and what I care about when watching is being entertained.  I am aware I could be wrong about this, but I have seen no evidence and have no knowledge of her not being a team player.  I have never worked for her or with her, so cannot speak to that, but as a viewer I see the complete opposite.  l did watch pretty much every day the year she was on The View, and what I saw was someone who tried hard to fit in and get along with everyone.  She and Joy got along great, and that is not surprising considering both are professionals with many years of experience between them.  I recall Rosie tried hard to befriend the hissing coiled up snake across the table from her.  Rosie took her along with her to the snake's first opening night on Broadway,*  and had her and her husband and daughter over to her house.  Didn't matter, though.  The snake just kept on spitting in her face from across the table, looking for every opportunity to do so, whether or not warranted.  She saw (or was told) this was her ticket to the fame that had eluded her**.

I think I would have walked away, too.  She knew she was set up for a split screen after it happened and, justifiably, felt like a blindsided punchline.  It didn't help that her boss smiled at her from across the table all the while badmouthing her behind her back to her close personal friend, Dumptruck, which would have had me thinking of doing worse than drawing mustaches on posters.  I believe her intentions were good, and she was hurt.  She wears her heart on her sleeve and she was hurt.  I would be, too.

* How on earth could someone be a permanent co-host on a major network's talk show for over three years and not be invited to an opening night on Broadway on her own?  It is well known that New York personalities are invited to Broadway's opening nights.  She was able to just coast, no effort necessary as Barb's darling.  She wasn't famous at the time at all, and it was very kind of Rosie to take her along.  Those of us who watched the show then knew who she was but, obviously, she failed to make a name for herself after being on there for three years, and that is just..sad. 

** Yep, she failed to make a name for herself.  Spitting at Rosie from across the table gave her the fame she had been looking for.  And last I heard, she's still spitting at her.

For the first time in years, I'm looking forward to watching this show. 

Edited by Dreamboat Annie
  • Love 12

I wonder if some of this "leaked" drama was put out there by TPTB. I know I am interested if that Sippy Cupp nut is going to be hired, ruining the show for me. TV is so fake, Sippy could be in on it knowing the notoriety that Bitsy received. I have a love/hate relationship with Whoopi so I wonder if the amount of power given to Rosie is pissing her off. I can see Whoopi and Rosie going out of their way trying not to step on each other's toes but eventually butting heads. I can't see Rosie ok with a it's not rape/rape comment.

• Love 4

I have to wonder now whether BW will be asked to fill in occasionally now that Bill Geddie is gone and BW is no longer a majority owner of The View.

I think the answer will come on Monday. If there's no appearance, phone call or video of Barbara wishing Sherri well, she's toast.

I assume she's away somewhere lovely this time of the year.

I think the answer will come on Monday. If there's no appearance, phone call or video of Barbara wishing Sherri well, she's toast.

I'm sure Barbara was part of the decision to let Sherri go- 

The show might want to avoid any conflict and keep Barbara away from the scene!

• Love 2

okay- everyone that does not want SE Cupp on The View can breathe easy - according to Rosie on her blog - Cupp will NOT be joining The View!

someone asked, and Rosie said "No, she has a great job at Crossfire"

I'm glad too - just from reading the posts here, she seems pretty awful.   She's another one that I haven't seen co-hosting.

• Love 10

Not a fan of S.E. Cupp, but I think Rosie is being given too much power and she doesn't want someone who will challenge her on the panel. She'd rather have the more moderate Wallace. Plus, she knows she and Whoopi will team up against the lone "conservative". 

I realize what I just posted won't be popular, but it's how I see Rosie and the new direction of the show. IF they want to be political - which I totally don't think they should do, because they suck at it and they turn it into a screechfest - they really should be more balanced than one moderate conservative out of four or five panelists.

• Love 1

Well, I am 67. Have voted both tickets in my life...but a dem.

I have rarely seen a repub not vote straight party or evolve.

Example - EH, she did "seem" to evolve on gay rights (thinking L Bush and C McCain here) on this show but I bet that change was not real. Love to proven wrong. And I have seen Sippy and Wallace and feel they are the same as EH. With the same talking bullets and no explanation needed. Or critical thinking involved.

The redeeming factor here is the new producer that worked on the Maddow show because she welcomed Repubs and had spirited debates that were polite......although few wanted to face a Rhodes Scholar and showed up.

• Love 7

Personally, if it means we don't have another foaming at the mouth conservative, I'm glad Rosie is being given to control the co-hosts. And she did create a very good talkshow for many years, so I don't think she could possibly make this show worse than it has been the past year or three.

As far as being intolerant of Republicans--I agree, I have zero tolerance for people who would think I, and many people I know, shouldn't have rights (LGBT, women, etc.). That isn't all of Republicans, but it seems like the majority these days, and it definitely includes S.E. Cupp and Elisabeth Hasselbeck. I'm not ashamed of that at all, and it's hardly hypocritical since I'm not attempting to take away their rights or trying to silence them. I just don't want to be around them or hear anything they have to say because they are hateful and deliberately ignorant; the same reason I wouldn't want to see a KKK member on a daily basis. When it comes to human rights, there is no middle ground for me. Economic issues are something else entirely and I'm much more willing to hear both sides there.

• Love 15

When mainstream Republicans take their party back from the professional hatemongers at FOX News and speak out against the attacks leveled against President Obama as if he were some uppity black boy caught whistling at a white woman on a Mississippi backroad, I'll be all ears. We've already seen FOX fire the first shot at Rosie's return via Elisabeth. I expect them to descend upon her like a pack of rabid dogs from the season opener onward, but I would so like to be wrong. She's got an interesting worldview that I don't always agree with, but I will respect anyone who debates her on the points rather than on her weight or her looks or her sexuality. The ball is in FOX's court....

Edited by Milk-Eyed Mender
  • Love 17

Maybe I missed something when the news about Rosie returning to the show. Frankly, I've stayed away from all articles, other than the one or two from the network that confirmed Rosie was coming, but only for a year at this point.

Meanwhile, everywhere I go, be it this thread, or other ABC show threads, all I'm hearing is "everyone hates Rosie...the crew can't stand Rosie...Whoopi and Rosie hate each others' guts..." blah, blah, and whatthefuckever.

Despite how Whoopi acts on this show or in other meet and greets, she wouldn't have last a year in show business if she weren't professional. Or rather, have the good feeilngs? What's the word I'm looking for? Of the many, many stars that still do manage to come to this shitfest of a show. And we've also learned that the new producer is someone from Rachel Maddow's show and as far from Geddie as night and day.

I'm just going to sit back and hope for the best, because whatever went on in her private life, Rosie has always entertained me, be it on a talk show or in the movies. Yeah, she's also been a success in movies, too.

• Love 3

I'm going to give The View a new try too in September. I have been surprised at how badly Sunny Hostin has done. I enjoy following trials, and she's been a reasonably good attorney-commenter. She's no Jeffrey Toobin, but she's pretty good. I would have thought she could be the new Starr on The View. But I've watched clips with her, and she was totally obnoxious talking over others. Too bad. 

• Love 5

I mean.. It doesn't matter what age you are, your voice still matters. I still stand  by my point though that the party of "tolerance" can be just as judgmental. I guess it is hard to vocalize properly.. I am a lesbian.. 32 years old, and I am supposed to fit into this box which I don't. I see my peers defending other religions to their bones, but, mocking Christianity daily. Barking about racism, then using slang and derogatory terms to make fun of a certain host. So much, it is scary. It really is. I guess I am just happy enough to think for myself and never tow to party lines. I see Rosie and Whoopi being applauded with fervor  for ripping into Sippy Cupp (Can't stand her either) about her beliefs. It's just shot down as speaking "bullet points" of the Republican party or Fox News.. These same people will never admit that they are doing the same exact thing, but just for the other side.  Rosie and Whoopi can be complete assholes, but since they are saying what their side wants to hear, people continue to defend their bullying behaviors as OK because it's on their side. Bring ONE conservative on the show trying to get her point across and it's a blood feast. I just don't get it I guess. I'm glad I don't. 

• Love 6

Despite how Whoopi acts on this show or in other meet and greets, she wouldn't have last a year in show business if she weren't professional. Or rather, have the good feeilngs? What's the word I'm looking for? Of the many, many stars that still do manage to come to this shitfest of a show.

I agree with this.  It sucks about the meet and greet one poster had and the way she is on the show sometimes it's a wonder how some people simply don't walk out of the live taping.  But her Q score was one of the highest among daytime talkers so she must be doing something right for a lot of people.  It's pretty clear she wasn't a fan of Jenny, at best tolerable about Sherri and if what TMZ reported about closed auditions last week is accurate, is glad Barbara isn't breathing down on her.   I guess she sees Rosie as an ally.  At the very least, she'll probably more engaged with whoever they bring on. 

• Love 4

Hello, Viewers. Please remember that the title of this topic is "Future Co-Hosts," It is not a place for you to discuss your criticisms of the general mainstream media and politics. Thanks. 

• Love 3

Rosie O'Donnell ''Didn't Want to Upset'' Whoopi Goldberg During The View Chemistry Test; Plus, Front Runners Revealed!

Now that Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy have officially bid farewell to The View, the question on everyone's mind remains: Who will fill the show's empty seats?!

Rosie O'Donnell, who was previously a host for one tumultuous season back in 2007, has already been confirmed to fill one of the vacant slots while moderator Whoopi Goldberg is the only co-host returning for Season 18.

So who are the current front runners looking to snag the remaining chairs? And are Whoopi and Rosie already butting heads at the famous round table?

Let the drama begin, ladies.

E! News has learned that a chemistry test was recently conducted in front of an audience of around 75 people, which consisted of "regular people from off the street."

"All the girls in line for the job were put in one room and then taken into the studio in pairs," a source tells E! News. "They teamed the girls up randomly and then had them discussing a variety of issues."

The insider adds that the show's new executive producer "wants the show to have a more newsy tone," noting that the content "will be less fluffy than before."

According to the source, the current front runners are political commentator Nicolle Wallace, former Good Day L.A. anchor and Extra host Lauren Sanchez and former NFL tight end Tony Gonzalez's wife October Gonzalez.

Producers are said to be fond of Wallace due to her intelligence and political background, with the source adding that she has "tons of experience in that arena and can handle any topic."

"Same with Lauren," the insider says, noting that the brunette beauty is "super experienced" and "had great chemistry with Whoopi and Rosie."

"She's done news, sports and anchored talk shows before," the source continued, "Plus she's been a guest on The View for over 10 years."

Another added bonus for the TV vet? She's Latino, which, we're told, is something the show "definitely wants."

As for October's appeal?

"Whoopi liked her and her chemistry test was more of an on-air interview because she doesn't have very much experience compared to the other candidates," the source dished. "They initially picked her because they thought she was Latino but she actually isn't.

Her last name is because of her partner Tony, but both Whoopi and Rosie liked Lauren and Nicolle so we'll see what happens."

Meanwhile, the source revealed that Goldberg and O'Donnell "were getting on fine," during the recent chemistry test, adding that Rosie's demeanor was "much tamer" than many anticipated. 

"She was deferring to Whoopi a lot," the insider said of the returning host. "She definitely didn't want to upset her."

A decision regarding the remaining seats is expected to be made by the end of the month. Who are you hoping to see appear on season 18 of The View?!

• Love 2

I do feel a little badly for Jennie because she was hired to "bring the fluff" during the year of Barbara.

JM and SS could never do a show that is newsy (other than celebrity TMZ/reality show crap.

IMO, both Whoopi and Rosie are current enough on the  news....whatever their take. At least they have they have opinions which, of course I don't always agree with.

But I did like the Rosie year when I first retired and found it thought-provoking. And EH added nothing for me to any of the discussions.....although she could have if she had the skills.

• Love 2

Maybe I missed something when the news about Rosie returning to the show. Frankly, I've stayed away from all articles, other than the one or two from the network that confirmed Rosie was coming, but only for a year at this point.

Meanwhile, everywhere I go, be it this thread, or other ABC show threads, all I'm hearing is "everyone hates Rosie...the crew can't stand Rosie...Whoopi and Rosie hate each others' guts..." blah, blah, and whatthefuckever.

Despite how Whoopi acts on this show or in other meet and greets, she wouldn't have last a year in show business if she weren't professional. Or rather, have the good feeilngs? What's the word I'm looking for? Of the many, many stars that still do manage to come to this shitfest of a show. And we've also learned that the new producer is someone from Rachel Maddow's show and as far from Geddie as night and day.

I'm just going to sit back and hope for the best, because whatever went on in her private life, Rosie has always entertained me, be it on a talk show or in the movies. Yeah, she's also been a success in movies, too.

And on the stage. Oprah brought her viewers into reading and Rosie highlighted the Broadway scene for those who may not have had an interest before. Televsision has such power to truly inform that it's gratifying to see a personality usr their forum to enrich and enlighten.

Sherri, Barbara and Bitsy were only interested in self-aggrandizement and seemed to have no interest in viewers at all.

• Love 7

Audience members at The View can thank Rosie that they get any gifts at all (mostly pitiful) AND for getting to see the best musical performances from major Broadway shows.  She brought those ideas with her the first time she was a View co-host...and they kept doing it after she was gone.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 10

You're absolutely right about that, Former Nun. I think some of TPTB at ABC knew that Rosie breathed fresh air into the show the short time she was there before. I'm also aware that Rosie did herself no favors by clinging to conspiracy theories at that time but I put the blame squarely on Sweaty Geddie for sabotaging Rosie's short tenure.

So glad that rat bastard's not returning.

• Love 9

[...] and Rosie highlighted the Broadway scene for those who may not have had an interest before. [...]

Yes! Rosie was sooooo passionate about it (Broadway). She'd talk so positively, sincerely, and with so much knowledge that you would be interested in seeing the show. She had a genuine interest and it seemed as if she saw every single show as soon as it came out, unlike the other hosts who I got the impression gave lip service, were dragged to the show just to review it on air or even didn't see the show but pretended they did. 

Rosie really piqued your interest. 

Whoopi seems to really enjoy Broadway as well. However, I'm not as interested in hearing her talk about it as I am Rosie. She has a way of talking that you truly want to hear more (i.e. her heart attack story) 

• Love 4